[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Trading Card Game /ptcgo/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88
File: 80203850345834.png (581 KB, 487x678) Image search: [Google]
80203850345834.png
581 KB, 487x678
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed) (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter standard/expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered, don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads
Unless your old cards are coveted and in good condition, they are probably worthless.

old >>25636432

TOT: why is Eevee so kawaii?
>>
Question: Is Sceptile-EX worth 4 Breakthrough packs? The trading forums are marked up to the point of uselessness.
>>
Hey niggers I get paid next week. I was thinking about getting the red/green nedo pack, but Ive reignited my interest in pokemon cards. I want to buy a booster box instead. I see that there are some that go for under 100 dorar. Any recommendations?
>>
File: image.png (466 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
466 KB, 640x1136
excuse you?
>>
File: charizard-generations-RC5.jpg (751 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
charizard-generations-RC5.jpg
751 KB, 700x990
>>25650119
all the recent sets go for under 100 so you're not really getting a deal in that sense. It's just the online/bundle price for boxes. If you just want a shit ton of cards and handful or two of Ultra Rare cards of varying value (we're talking the most at 10-15 dollars with a few exceptions like Shaymin in the Roaring Skies set) then a booster box will do ya fine.

If you're looking to play standard, then I'd select a box from Primal Clash onwards since before that will probably get rotated out this September.

You could also pick up some Elite Trainer Boxes which come with 8 booster packs, 5 of each energy type, a spoiler booklet for that particular set, and other stuff which isn't too useful.

either way have fun!
>>
>>25650119
I'm trying to figure that out too. For sure I'm getting two and one will be roaring skies since I'm wanting a shaymin. I'm thinking the other one a furious fists for a FA lucario. Any suggestions?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
post pulls
>>
>>25650119

Find a box for Plasma Freeze
Pull the Secret Rare Ultraball
Sell online for $130
Buy another box
>>
>>25650175
>condition
>used

I don't used is supposed to mean "literally had sex with"
>>
File: pull.jpg (261 KB, 1275x724) Image search: [Google]
pull.jpg
261 KB, 1275x724
>>25650188
>>
>>25650175
He thinks he is selling a good condition charizard, how cute.
>>
Are there any versions of the roaring skies Shaymin-EX that would be unusually cheap? A card shop that I go to is selling one for $5.
>>
File: pulls.jpg (780 KB, 1234x2122) Image search: [Google]
pulls.jpg
780 KB, 1234x2122
>>25650188

Got a mew and a roaring skies, thanks.
>>
>>25650301
how the fuck did you get 3?
>>
>>25650292

>Selling one for $5

Which probably means it is from the World Championship decks and is not legal in actual tournaments (but it is good enough to be used for playtesting)
>>
File: ninetales.jpg (259 KB, 1274x721) Image search: [Google]
ninetales.jpg
259 KB, 1274x721
>>25650188
>>
>>25650314
Mew box had 2 packs
>>
>>25650188
Fuck anyone who took a code and didnt post pulls. Greedy sum-living neckbeards
>>
>>25650325
>Which probably means it is from the World Championship decks and is not legal in actual tournaments
I thought it might be something like that.
>>
>>25650098
Differently from many bad fakes, this actually looks good, despite being the worst game opener of all time.
>>
>>25650292

No, Shaymin's value comes from it's playability, so even if there was some weird promo print, it wouldn't be significantly cheaper.

Five bucks is about what I'd expect the non-Set Up Shaymin to go for, so maybe a card shop employee looked up the wrong one and mislabeled it.
>>
>>25650339
If it makes you feel any better, I normally don't post pulls, but I haven't been able to snag a code in the past two months.

I think there are some new lurkers in the thread, maybe some sort of script. I have it set up so I can type the code in within the first 3-5 seconds and that's not fast enough anymore.
>>
>>25650343
wc decks have a different back card, so you will know it if you see it.
>>
>>25650352
>180HP
>kawaii eevee art
>no weakness
>no retreat cost

Still a better start than Hoopa EX starts.
>>
>>25650176
Yes i want to play standard. I want to start going to neckbeard dens every other Saturday or Sunday to play. So standard would be the obvious choice. What box has good shot for a water or grass deck? Thats what i used to roll back in 06. Maybe fire too. But good cards in general. You know, trainers and shit.
>>
File: leafon.jpg (264 KB, 1275x723) Image search: [Google]
leafon.jpg
264 KB, 1275x723
>>25650188
>>
>>25650360
Could also be because, you know, cards are way cheaper in a shop compared to online.
>>
>>25650421
>cards are way cheaper in a shop compared to online.
LOL
If you're actually serious, this is a retarded notion. Shops are 100% resale. They're not trying to sell fair, they're trying to spin cards at a profit. It's the very definition of a middleman.
Buy online or directly from other players.
>>
File: unlimitedsupporters.jpg (220 KB, 322x450) Image search: [Google]
unlimitedsupporters.jpg
220 KB, 322x450
>>25650404
having you tried PTCGO yet? because there are really like only 20 or so trainers for you to consider for standard play, and the Deck Builder the program has will let you look at every Standard Legal card you want (whether you have it or not in your digital collection). Then, once you've figured out the cards you want, just buy the singles online or in store (TCGplayer is good for non-foil cards, but I think they're risky for foils condition-wise). For the price of one booster box you could get all the major trainer staples (with VS seeker being the most expensive at around 40 bucks for a playset), and then have money leftover to get any pokemon you'd need (commons,uncommons,rares usually go for 10-50 cents a piece, and holo-rare, ultra rare, and Full Art Ultra Rare usually go from $3 to $11.
>>
>>25650459

My card shops and Comic shops ALWAYS sell under ebay, sometimes by 50%. Nobody is retarded enough to buy ebay prices in a shop. May as well save money on gas and just buy on ebay.

The only exception is retro game shops, which almost always sell 20% over ebay buy-now price (Not even sold listings. The Buy-now prices that nobody ever bites on)
>>
File: 1434499234576.png (881 KB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
1434499234576.png
881 KB, 4000x4000
>>25650526
BUT, I should have mentioned that VS Seeker might get rotated out in September with Phantom Forces so maybe hold off on that one?
>>
>>25650526
So, what mode do they play in leagues and gameshops?
>>
>>25650549
>Roaring Skies
>>
>>25650404
for water breakpoint is probably best. Palkia, Manaphy - these will be useful in many wet decks. Greninja break is viable but requires investment in a few more singles that you will get in a booster.

Grass is frankly shit and has been for a while. Vileplume or Vespiquen but nothing else.

Phantom Forces is probably the best booster for trainers, but honestly just buy singles of what you need.
>>
File: df.jpg (131 KB, 1035x749) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
131 KB, 1035x749
>>25650558
GOOD CALL. I retract >>25650549

>>25650553
>So, what mode do they play in leagues and gameshops?
I don't know desu. I don't have much experience with playing the physical game. I just have some advice about how to get started digitally or physically. best bet would be to call the store your interested in and ask 'em what format is most popular
>>
>>25650541
>My card shops and Comic shops ALWAYS sell under ebay, sometimes by 50%.
You do understand how nonsensical this is, right? Can you name these shops? Because if you're not talking out your ass, then anyone with a brain will gladly sweep their inventory and spin it on ebay for up to 50% FREE profit.
What you're basically saying is
>My local shops sell dollar bills for fifty cents
as if this is perfectly logical
>>
>>25650608
>>My local shops sell dollar bills for fifty cents
My old job, a Thrift Store called "Asset Recovery Liquidators" sells collectable coins 20% under market value, so your greentext literally means nothing to me

And sure

The comic shop is "Tor Comics" in Suffolk County. 50% off market value, with the only exceptions being whatever is on the wall, which is 20% off

The card shop I went to doesnt have a name, but it shares a shop with a hobby store in a mall called "Sun Vet Mall"

He sells $5 foils for $1, $10 foils for $2 and $15 foils for $3

To be honest, you're the one being nonsensical. Nobody wants to sell items at ebay value, because it's retarded. Ebay value and shop value are completly different values.

How many people have access to ebay? What is ebay's demographic?

Now, how many people have access to a singlr card shop? What is that card shop's demographic?

They are two entirely different markets. This shouldn't even have to be explained.
>>
>>25650608

Oh, and you can get 30 cards, commons and uncommons which are a dollar each online, for a total of $7
>>
>>25650608

But wait, theres more!

A card shop called "Brendan's Sports Cards" (Rt 112, Patchogue) sells brand new pokemon box sets $5 under MSRP, $6 if you pay in cash. Blister packs $2 under MSRP, and if you buy I think 3 packs in cash, you get a 4th one free. Same with the MTG cards.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
p0st pull$
>>
File: Capture.jpg (135 KB, 841x701) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
135 KB, 841x701
>>25650936
Thanks!
>>
>>25650936
Jeez, literally less than a minute.
>>
>>25650718
Tell me how the fuck does he even makes profit?
Are you trying to tell me he sells Jolteon EX for $8? When there are multiple people on ebay right now trying to get one at an auction for $20?
>>
File: shit.png (983 KB, 1274x722) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
983 KB, 1274x722
>>25650936
Well, at least it was free. Thanks.
>>
>>25650807
This is more plausible, even if retarded, because MSRP already is counting in the retailer's profit, so he can still sell for under that and make a profit, even if slim.
>>
>>25650991

Beat's me. He's been in buisness since Pokemon first came out though. Been buying from him since 1998, back when he was located at the "attias flea market." Only reason he's not there anymore is because it was replaced by a Target.

[apoiler]A target which REFUSES to fix their prices. Nothing has stickers above $19.99, so for the past 2 months I have been buying $50, $35, and $25 boxes for $19.99. After calling a manager over and making them honor the sticker, of course. I have the receipts to prove it which my most recent transaction. [/spoiler]

I also know rent can't be much for these guys due to location, despite it being NY.
>>
>>25651087
You don't understand, you can't make a profit by selling singles at 20% of their price. There is only 2 ways to get singles:
>buy from someone
Either someone is on the loss because it is selling for less, or he is at loss because he buys at a higher price.
>open from packs
Even if you don't consider the commons and uncommons that no one buys, he would still be barely getting a profit from a jolteonEX booster.

Target is probably losing money from the packs that costs $30+, but it is shrugging it off, because the employees doesn't give a fuck, and the manager is too assed to fix the tags for a measle lost of some hundred dollars.
>>
File: 1439519390227.jpg (32 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1439519390227.jpg
32 KB, 320x320
>get reverse holo of one of my favorite Pokes
>it isn't worth more than $.79 on the market
>>
>>25651178
>wanting value
>from pokemon cards
>>
>>25651152

Well, if he can't make a profit like you insist, then he's been losing money for 18 straight years.

Logic tells me he must be making something, because I doubt anyone want's to hemorrhage money for nearly 2 decades.
>>
tcg newfag here, what are the little pictures of hearts, books, flowers, etc. on the left side of some cards? ( see >>25650176 )
>>
>>25651252
It means they're from the Radiant Collection mini-set, a set within Generations.
>>
Oh is that what that code was for? Okay, when I get home I'll post it.
>>
>>25651252
cosmetics they have no gameplay value
and purely exist for your viewing pleasure (if you pay attention you can determine a cards rarity based on how many/ which symbols are used)
>>
>>25651207
He obviously can't be at loss for that much time, so either you are blatantly lying, or he is selling chinese counterfeits.

I mean, there is a reason why no one buys cards from him and sells them on ebay for easily twice its value.
>>
>>25651252
They're synchro stones. If a Pokemon has at least one matching stone on its border, you can overlay both of them to provide a synchro energy of the same type as the attached Pokemon, basically letting you attach two energies a turn (or "special attach").

Notice how all the cards have a Pokemon and trainer in the art? It's meant to represent bondage.
>>
File: Just Stop.png (40 KB, 1292x228) Image search: [Google]
Just Stop.png
40 KB, 1292x228
>>25651293

Literally neither

Wan't to make an excuse for Tor Comics too? It's a guaranteed 50% off market value on every comics there. You think they're going to bootleg hundreds of thousands of comics?

And how about the show "Brendan's Sports cards"? He does the exact same thing, and I seen him unwrap and open boxes fresh.

Not everyone is a jew, dude.
>>
And here we have one wall from Brendan's Sports Cards
>>
And let's talk about "Brothers Grimm Collectables" while we're at it

They do the exact same thing, selling under Ebay SOLD value, and they're the biggest hobby shop on the island.
>>
>>25651362
Being at loss is not anti-jew, its stupid. So, he sells stuff for 10% off ebay prices at his own ebay? As I said, getting some % off MSRP/ebay values is still possible, but not fucking under 20%. Without mentioning that 10% off can literally mean anything, since he can literally sell them at 20% higher, take off 10% and still announce shit like that.

You are not convinving anyone with photos about shops that simply exist, just post a receipt, or something that proves that you can buy stuff for under 20% its value on these stores.

>>25651390
>>25651432
Just checked Brothers grimm since Brenden did not get any result on the couple first links, and a guy were saying how brothers grimm sells for over MSRP price, another guy complaining about high prices, and another one saying that they sell their items on par with the market.
>>
File: bb.png (630 KB, 894x467) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
630 KB, 894x467
>>25651572

No receipts, since you just pay cash in hand. No tax either. Same with all the shops that used to be in the Flea Market. I only have the target receipt.

As far as Grimm goes, maybe I'm completly retarded when it comes to MTG prices. The still do the buy3get1 on packs, however.

And Grimm, 40 cards for a dollar. I know for a fact that any card on ebay, no matter what, starts at a dollar. And like everyone else, it's buy3get1 on packs.

I tried posting a link to Brendan's store page, but it's being marked as spam and wont let me post it.
>>
>>25651708

I fucked the formatting on this post. Oops
>>
>>25651708
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but...

>No reciepts
I wouldn't buy shit from a place that didn't give them out.
>No tax
Someone is paying that tax, and its you. A brick+mortar shop has to include sales tax, or there is some tax fraud going on.
>>
>>25651760

Like tea, You arent supposed to tax used goods.

This is why thrift stores don't charge tax.

If it's not a country-wide thing, it's still how it works in NY

Plenty of places don't give receipts. Just hand over cash, they pocket it, and you go. Nice even numbers that are multiples of fives most of the time too.
>>
>>25651760

And he's trying to tell me that my local card shop doesn't, infact, sell under ebay prices by atleast 20%

Because, like, he's more qualified to say so, despite most likely not even living in the same state.
>>
>>25651837
>That spoiler

Seconding this, the vendors at Frank and Son's don't give out receipts even if it's for products like booster packs/boxes.
>>
File: 1448165029947.png (146 KB, 387x387) Image search: [Google]
1448165029947.png
146 KB, 387x387
>look up Jolteon EX on Trollandtoad
>10 available for $47.99 up to $52.99

....why?
>>
>>25652128
>Overhyped card
>Didn't top
>>
>>25652128

because it's literally the only worthwhile ex in the whole set

and the set is retarded expensive and even hard to find in some places
>>
>>25650175
Wow actually mint condition 1st ed.
>>
anyone a fan of those asmr videos of people with nice voices opening pokemon card packs?
>>
>>25652361

Yes. Yes I am a fan of those videos.
>>
>>25652373
any ones you recommend?
>>
>>25651860
>by at least 20%
You said they would sell for under 20% ebay prices, which means over 80% discount.
As I said multiple times, a small % is possible, being it a fake discount or not, but not fucking under 20% ebay value for single cards as you mentioned.
With single cards being ever harder to sell at lower prices, considering that most of a booster pack is not going to sell.

I'm not trying to say I am more qualified to say something, but simple logic defies how the shop even profits, heck, even YOU don't know how they make a profit, so there is obviously something going on. Also, you still haven't refuted a single of my arguments(except for the possibility of it being chinese counterfeit, which actually is just your word on it), all you have done is saying that you don't know, post some images of the shops, but not the prices.

>>25652128
Anon up there said that you can get one for %8, considering it was $40 on ebay at buy now price.
>>
>>25652387
My personal favorite is Dinabinachama. She has a whole lot of Pokemon TCG ASMR up. Just make sure to go in knowing that she is a casual player/collector, so she gets stuff wrong and makes casual decks.

BlueWhisper only has a single Pokemon TCG ASMR video up where she does an entire Breakpoint Box in one sitting. I really like her voice though.

JessicaASMR has a couple of Pokemon TCG ASMR videos. Enjoy hers as well, though she occasionally is breathe heavy on the microphone.

Dinabinachama is the gold standard for the very niche audience of Pokemon TCG ASMR opening videos though.
>>
>ywn pull 4 EX cards in 4 packs
just fuck my shit up senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FQJXxCDjq8
>>
>>25652823
>Dinabinachama is the gold standard for the very niche audience of Pokemon TCG ASMR opening videos though.

funnily enough, she's the reason I asked the question. I just found one of her videos on the YT sidebar after watching some other tcg vids.
>>
File: tickets1000.png (1 MB, 1585x885) Image search: [Google]
tickets1000.png
1 MB, 1585x885
we did it senpaitachi

we hit 1k tickets

if you wanted to buy this many tickets straight from ptcgo it would cost you $999.90
>>
>>25652391
>ou said they would sell for under 20% ebay prices, which means over 80% discount.

Oh god no, thats too much. Didnt didnt mean it like that.
>>
>>25652879
post hax2015 and lucario bats list
>>
>>25652849

If you just search the phrase Pokemon TCG ASMR, her videos overwhelm the first couple of pages and they are quality.

A couple other I can recommend that have at least 1 Pokemon TCG ASMR video or more somewhere on their channel are:

DonnaASMR
TheSleepySprite (though she Umms and Hmms a lot)
Monster Arkham
TheASMRCast (not a fan of male voices for ASMR, but if I had to pick one I would say this guy is the best)

Hope that helps you enjoy the relaxing combination of ASMR and Pokemon TCG better.
>>
File: 32040000.jpg (239 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
32040000.jpg
239 KB, 800x700
>>25650098
Since pokken is out maybe we will get some alternate color fighters has cards?
>>
File: is this Nico for real.png (384 KB, 768x720) Image search: [Google]
is this Nico for real.png
384 KB, 768x720
>>25651178
>gets one of his favorites
>wants to sell it
>>
>>25652936
You said that a guy would sell $5 cards for $1, $10 for $2, $15 for %3 and still make a profit somehow.
>>
>>25653035
Well, we are going to get Pikachu Libre in the nest Trainer's kit.
>>
>>25653035
Dang he looks pretty good in red
Very tough
>>
>>25653166
I thought they already release the alternate Pikachu since ORAS's release.
>>25653178
Yea red looks good on gardevoir surprisingly.
>>
>>25653178
>he
>>
File: hax2015.png (960 KB, 1007x691) Image search: [Google]
hax2015.png
960 KB, 1007x691
>>25653011

spoilers: hax is shit

although I haven't played it since the last set was released so I don't know if there is anything to help it
>>
>>25653024
thanks! I appreciate the recommendations. I think I'm gonna listen to them at work.
>>
File: lucariobats.png (823 KB, 1087x563) Image search: [Google]
lucariobats.png
823 KB, 1087x563
>>25653011

haven't touched this list since the last set was released either

the whole concept is out of date since manectric isn't every other deck anymore
>>
>>25653247
Her/it what other tumblr gender can we use?
>>
File: 1401681207935.gif (2 MB, 308x240) Image search: [Google]
1401681207935.gif
2 MB, 308x240
Legacy format when? I want to use my tropical beaches again.
>>
>>25653312
never refer to a pokemon with him/her
use "it"
>>
>>25653363

If they choose to have a legacy format then they need to make the cards more accessible. Tropical Beach being one of the main offenders. But there are a bunch of trainers from HGSS that nobody has and cost way too much.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 480x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 480x670
>>25653220
>surprinsingly
It's not like we didn't get a complete ralts evolution line in "red".
>>
>>25653370
>not referring to Vespiquen as she
>not referring to Nidoking as he
>referring to Mr.Mime as anything other than he
>>
>>25652843
i got 2 EX in 1 pack of generations
there's some crazy luck with those packs
>>
File: 10.png (345 KB, 420x565) Image search: [Google]
10.png
345 KB, 420x565
>pull Sylveon EX in Gen pack yesterday
>super hyped
>open more Gen packs today
>get the same exact fucking card
>>
>>25653387
Mtg has a legacy format, they have a lot of cards are almost impossible to get, but it didn't stop them. But I don't think that many people plays pokemon enough to want an eternal format.
>>
>>25652843
fuck this guy is annoying.
he overacts to everything, he's basically white Etika
>>
>>25653475
>overreacts to everything
The new generation explained.
>>
>>25653446
nice autism
>>
>>25653484
i guess it beats being emotionless and numb like our generation. Still, there's gonna be some annoying little shits in the future.
>>
>>25653514
>emotionless and numb
Maybe compared to our parents generation in terms of wild life, because we were known as the internet enthusiasts, were we would do a lot of shit via computer and other electronic gadgets.

This generation doesn't want to try out and play new electronic gadgets, they want to watch videos about someone overreacting to those gadgets. Is this how our parents would see us? Man, I feel old now.
>>
>>25652843

>slomo EDM shit for every rare pull

fuck this faggot for getting a M Char
>>
File: 10_21098302.gif (19 KB, 1122x768) Image search: [Google]
10_21098302.gif
19 KB, 1122x768
>tfw never pulled a Mega EX physical card before

I got some good cards this weekend, but I really wanted one. What's it feel like bros?
>>
MalamarEX is the most fun pokemon I played with in a while, do you guys knows any good decks that uses it?
>>
>>25653710
>pulled 4 FA M Gallades
>pulled 0 Shaymins of any kind

Shit.
>>
>>25653728
>good decks
>uses Malamar EX
kek
>>
File: stop.png (303 KB, 630x258) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
303 KB, 630x258
>>25653829
>>
>>25653829
Darkrai/Malamar is pretty powerful in standard. Possibly tier 2 good.
>>
File: n26H957.jpg (135 KB, 1023x595) Image search: [Google]
n26H957.jpg
135 KB, 1023x595
what does your gold star collection look like, /vp/?
>>
>>25653875
How much cheaper are the Japanese versions?

>>25653863
Well, there are no tournament results to confirm this. Theoretically you'd have to stack a shit ton of dark energies to start swinging for big numbers with Darkrai' first attack, and without Yveltal or Dark Patch or hell, even Energy Switch, you'd need three turns to set up Darkrai's second attack with Malamar. And Malamar's attack relies on luck or a huge stack of energy, and its ability also relies on luck (and your opponent not using Hex Maniac). The whole thing sounds very fragile and slow when there are faster, more consistent decks in the Meta.
>>
File: comin4u.gif (2 MB, 299x399) Image search: [Google]
comin4u.gif
2 MB, 299x399
>>25653710
it's OK. But I think most players just want 1 or 2 specific Mega evo's, and the odds of getting the exact one you want are pretty slim. I got a MBlastoise from my Charizard Box but it's kinda like whatever since I really wanted a MCharizard.
>>
>>25654069
You use Max Elixer and Energy Switch and start swinging for 100+ damage on your first turn barring some shit start that ruins all of standard competitively. Gets me about as many wins as YZG. Gets shit on my ability lock though and isn't consistently fast.
>>
>>25654134
Well I'm sure it works on PTCGO. Any coherent deck does. I played Darkra/Hypno quite a lot when BRP first came out and did pretty well. But let's not throw around terms like "tier."
>>
File: Charizard-plasma-storm2.jpg (470 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Charizard-plasma-storm2.jpg
470 KB, 2560x1536
>>25651178
>get reverse holo
When was a reverse ever worth more then a dollar?
>get a card of one of my favorite Pokes
>it's worth more than $80 bucks on the market

I really like this card, but I know I should sell it while it's worth something.
>>
File: jwegioiowe.png (749 KB, 881x555) Image search: [Google]
jwegioiowe.png
749 KB, 881x555
>>25654164
I don't count wins unless it's against a tiered deck. Hypno sucks and gets in the way of consistency since you will never run ANP and need Zoroark. Max Elixir and Energy Switch works wonders in general for the deck since every one of your attackers either attack for 2 or use DCE. It's not super overpowered, but it's efficient enough. You can run one more elixir and one less switch but this build flows better, Elixir is useless late game usually while ES isn't.
>>
File: GENGAR EX FULL ART.jpg (302 KB, 323x450) Image search: [Google]
GENGAR EX FULL ART.jpg
302 KB, 323x450
>>25654099
Your bound to get a FA Mega card.
I have like 14 FA Mega.
Not counting the 61 FA that are not Mega pokemon.
>>
>>25653875
Gimme one of those Gyarados ;_;

>>25654188
I doubt it will ever lose value.
>>
Whats the actual dollar value of a typical NM deck?
>>
File: wat.png (162 KB, 499x472) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
162 KB, 499x472
>>25654244
>Not counting the 61 FA
How many FA cards do you have?
And is this physical cards?

>>25654188
>it's worth more than $80 bucks on the market
No way PlasmaStorm Charizard is worth that much.
Last time I check, they were going for $10 bucks.
>>
>>25654262
You can buy the entire deck as bulk commons except for Shaymin EX and potentially Milotic PRC if you're running it.
>>
>>25654295
So basically just the price of the shaymins? Alright thanks.
>>
File: 1409789179149.jpg (63 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
1409789179149.jpg
63 KB, 850x565
>>25654244
yeah but if you're trying to get a specific one . . .one is probably better off just forking over the dough to the lucky sumbitch that pulled it from a pack. (looking at you $40 MCharizard X).
>>
>>25654327

Not just that, you will need Battle Compressors and VS Seekers too if you don't have those
>>
>>25654385
so. . .
2x Shaymin $80
4x VS Seeker $40
4x Battle Compressor $20

At least VS Seeker and Shaymin will see lots of use in any other deck you'd make.
>>
File: 1383885150555.jpg (26 KB, 366x329) Image search: [Google]
1383885150555.jpg
26 KB, 366x329
Well, just got back from Target. They didn't have the Charizard boxes anymore (which didn't surprise me) but the guy there DID give me like 12 of the promo Magikarps, when I expected them to be gone. I also bought a Mew box, 2 FF and 2 BP packs. Jack shit pulls, not a single EX.
>>
>>25654404
Lol never mind I'll stick to online
>>
>>25653266
>>25653266
>Hydreigon
Shit man
just use Hawlucha and to hell with Stadiums
>>
>>25654404
>VS Seeker/10ea

holy shit did they jump recently? I got a playset for 5/ea like 2 months ago.
>>
>>25654468
>one less shithead NM player I would have otherwise had the misfortune of playing against at a tournament

you're doing the world a favor anon
>>
File: IMG_20160320_211302[1].jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160320_211302[1].jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>25654268
>How many FA cards do you have?
About even 88 of FA Pokemon EX cards
27 FA Trainer cards
14 SR Pokemon cards
12 SR Trainer cards
As for regular EX cards, I have way too many to count, last time I check I was over 200
>And is this physical cards?
yes. I started collecting Pokemon cards again around late 2014, I'm now trying to stop collecting and selling most of my cards now.

It was a fun run, but times change.
Making the Mythical Collection my last packs.
>>
>>25654530
I just wanted to play at my local shop. No need to get your panties in a twist over a card game
>>
>>25654557
>not in set order
>>
>>25654468
Online is candyland compared to physical BUT those are really the most expensive staples in the game currently. Everything else is usually a buck for a playset, with the more used trainers going for maybe $5 for a playset. It's just that VS Seeker and Shaymin are pretty much mandated for competitive decks and they've only been printed in one set each (I know VS Seeker being a Secret Rare in Roaring Skies but that doesn't do shit to the price of the Phantom Forces VS Seeker)

>>25654495
yeah I looked at the tcgplayer.com prices for the Phantom Forces one. They're 10 bucks a piece. The PF forces from previous sets prior to PF are cheaper but seem to hover at 5 bucks.
>>
>>25654494

Hawlucha didn't help the deck. Haxorus is cool but beyond help, really.
>>
>>25654576
Please don't give up on playing at your local shop. There's really something special about playing the game in person. Also consider looking into if your local shop does Drafts for Pokemon TCG.
>>
>>25654639
I still go there to play magic and yugioh but the owner has been trying to get me into playing pokemon there.

Plus it would be nice to not get death threats every time I try to play a deck I like :c
>>
>>25654639
>drafts
>of pokemon
>>
>>25654689
>Plus it would be nice to not get death threats every time I try to play a deck I like :c

I don't follow. What is the context of this statement? were you getting death threats during your MtG and YGO games?
>>
>>25654710
Not him, but you implied that, anon.
>>
>>25654710
I get death threats for playing NM online
>>
>>25654689
playing NM is like playing with pauper infect. a cheap as fuck deck that has a lot of flaws, but if your opponent is not ready for it, you can win against modern decks, and all his expensive goyfs, snapcasters and ridiculous land base are worth shit.
>>
File: 1443067295309.png (2 MB, 1752x1703) Image search: [Google]
1443067295309.png
2 MB, 1752x1703
>you are the only person ITT who collects the physical cards just to collect them
>>
>>25654768
I buy cards every now and again just because I like to collect them.
>>
>>25654768
>you make wrong statements before even asking if anyone collects just for the fun of collecting
>>
>>25654749

it's not quite like that

NM has almost defined the pokemon meta. There is 0 chance that anyone with any shred of experience is going to go into a tournament unprepared to face night march

it's much more like Toad from the super cancer trump card meta, where every deck has it's contingency plan and the deck still finds success
>>
>>25653471
That keeps happening to me too, only with Jolteon.
>>
File: 1456393440782.png (2 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1456393440782.png
2 MB, 900x900
>Playing some pokemon TCG online
>Someone rings my doorbell, it's like 9PM
>Some dude speaking spanish
>I can't speak spanish so I tell him I have no idea what he's saying
>He asks in broken English if this is the place he can get a massage
>Tell him no and he leaves
>Then I get called by some long phone number with two people speaking spanish on the other side
I think I'm being memed on.
Also, FULL ART HEX MANIAC WHEN
>>
>>25654862
Why haven't you sold them yet?
>>
File: 35-magnezone-ex.png (330 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
35-magnezone-ex.png
330 KB, 245x342
>>25654577
>not in set order
That would require getting every card in a set.
Which I sell those. I only keep the EX cards.
I stop playing the game a year ago since it was getting pricy, and just sold them at the players at the card shop.

Also, this was my first EX card, before I even knew what an EX card was.
Thought it was the rarest card in the world.

Until I found out it wasn't...
>>
>>25654820
NM has barely won any major tournament. Seriously, both are very similar:

>cheap, because it is made out of a bunch of common cards, the nonpauper version of it runs expensive lands, which is basically Shaymin for NM
>after being setup, it is almost impossible to stop it
>relies on a single creature dealing huge amounts of damage to the opponent very early
>can be easily stopped with the right cards
>doesn't get any major wins in tournaments, but it is always present, just because it is so easy to play and cheap to buy
>both defined their meta when released, and also a new archtype
>>
>>25654939
>the most played deck in cities
>the most played deck in states as of week 1

but no keep downplaying NM it makes it more fun to beat you with it
>>
>>25654939
>>can be easily stopped with the right cards

when will this meme end?

it's only going to get worse when the next set introduces that new mew, as if night march needed that shit
>>
>>25654971
And then it rotates out of standard and never sees relevance again.
>>
File: states2016.png (42 KB, 469x903) Image search: [Google]
states2016.png
42 KB, 469x903
>>25654981

It's still 5 months where it's super cancer. It's also gonna stop Mewtwo, Alakazam, and any other psychic pokemon from seeing relevance in the new format.
>>
File: 63-hawlucha.jpg (184 KB, 450x635) Image search: [Google]
63-hawlucha.jpg
184 KB, 450x635
>>25654905
>Also, this was my first EX card, before I even knew what an EX card was.
>Thought it was the rarest card in the world.
>Until I found out it wasn't...

I know this feeling, it's what gets you hook on buying more.

It was a trap and you fell for it
Like how we all did.....
This was my first holo card, thought I got a million dollar card but it wasn't
But Hawlucha is cool
>>
>>25654971
>Pyroar
>AegislashEX
Boom, suddenly NM is free win.
>>
File: raibats hnng.jpg (603 KB, 2362x876) Image search: [Google]
raibats hnng.jpg
603 KB, 2362x876
>tfw turn 1 and 2
I'm still new so this is probably not that impressive but it was super fucking satisfying
>>
File: XY7_EN_75[1].png (129 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
XY7_EN_75[1].png
129 KB, 245x342
>>25655042

And suddenly you're losing NM games while losing against every other deck because you're playing super slow meme cards.
>>
>>25655042
You mean Jolteon. NM needs to chain Lysandres to beat him. Either that or clog their deck up with Vespiquen or hammers.
>>
File: XY9_EN_49[1].png (160 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
XY9_EN_49[1].png
160 KB, 245x342
>>25655072

You might see this guy get popular in NM if Jolteon becomes too hot.
>>
>>25655106
Why?
>>
>>25655173

So they can hurt Jolteon with Joltik.
>>
File: Why do this.jpg (137 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Why do this.jpg
137 KB, 1600x1200
>go on ebay looking for a FA Mewtwo Y card
>This is the first pic I see
Why do people do this, do they have no care for the card
>>
>>25655198
>>25655064
>>
>>25655064
>Xerosic
>Hammer
>sniping Joltik
But of course you run protection from all those in main in enough quantity too, so it is consistent.
>>
>>25655293
>go on ebay looking for a FA Mewtwo Y card
I don't trust buying cards online, most sites sent you the card all bang up.

I got lucky once with a FA Charizard card, but after that, all the other cards I got from eBay been shit.
>>
Is double sleeving allowed in tournaments? I want to import a set of those Skyla sleeves but I don't want them to get ruined.
>>
>>25655373
Try TCGplayer. Most stores on there are usually honest with their conditions.
>>
>>25655293
>scrapped borders
>bent
>what the fuck is that at the top right corner?
>>
>>25655415
if you want to protect the protectors just don't use them at all. If you want to make a statement without consuming the product, strap one to the front of your deckbox or binder.
>>
>>25655415
As long as no one can tell the cards apart, it is perfectly legal.
>>
>>25655526
Good. Cause coming in from Yugioh I hated not being able to double sleeve my shit.
>>
>>25655526
This.
>Players may use inner sleeves inside their normal sleeves as long as they follow all other sleeve rules and they do not create a marked card situation.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/about/tournaments-rules-and-resources/
>>
>>25654768
>Look at me, I'm a unique, special snowflake, everyone!
>>
>>25655557
afaik, only ygo doesn't allow this, because their judges are too assed to check if there is a visible difference between them.
>>
>>25655415
Different anon but what size would you even need to double sleeve the pokemon ones?
>>
>>25655415
>Is double sleeving allowed in tournaments?
I don't see why not, but it makes your deck heavy, and hard to shuffle.
Also, never have anyone tell you how to shuffle your deck, if you have alot of rare cards in it.

>Playing at my tournament
>Some ass is getting mad on how I shuffle my deck
>Gets piss and said I'm cheating because I'm getting good pulls
>Said he wants to shuffle my deck, poker style, like he did with his cards, which are all bent.
>Gets told not to by the ref
>Gets pissy again and tries to grab my cards
>gets kick out, and flips over a table.
>After a few wins, I leave with a promo card

Are all card players like this?
After that, I went back to be a collector, that a player.
>>
>>25655632
usually there are sleeves that are meant to be sleeve protectors as it is a common trend for Japanese players to use sleeves with art on them

i think penny sleeves work a well
>>
>>25655632
I use kmc "perfect fit" sleeves inside kmc hyper mat sleeves.
>>
>>25655727
>Are all card players like this?
Do even need an answer to that? You know the answer, because you too were a player once.
>>
>>25655741
Just checked, Pennysleeves aren't big enough.
>>
>>25655766
>you too were a player once.
I only played for one year as a kid in 1999
Played again in 2015 for a short bit.

I only run into this once
>>
How man uncommon chests is reasonable to ask for a single booster of Breakpoint?
>>
File: QTUC0f3.png (646 KB, 916x564) Image search: [Google]
QTUC0f3.png
646 KB, 916x564
How does this look like guys?
>>
I'm thinking of getting into this game. I played the tcgo beta years ago, and that's the extend of my pokemon tcg knowledge; however, I do play MtG, Hearthstone, and used to play yugioh. I have only a few questions for anyone who's willing to answer.
>tcgo or paper?
>are there formats/do they rotate?
>is there one "best" deck or several tier 1 decks?
>how much does an average tier 1 deck cost?
>how much do chase rares get up to?
>>
>>25656056
-3 Repeat balls
-2 Crushing Hammer
+4 Trainers Mail
-1 Rough Seas
+1 Judge
+1 Level Ball
-1 Flash
+1 Super Rod
-1 Team Flare Gurnt
+1 Super Scoop Up

and there you would have more or less the deck I used to win a city tournament
>>
>>25656086
Thanks for the advice
>>
How much would 4-4-4 haxorus line cost in the online game?
>>
>>25656164
Like 3 packs.
>>
>>25656164

literally nothing
>>
>>25656082
>tcgo or paper?
I always prefer playing people in person. Depends on if you have people that play at your LGS or not.

>are there formats/do they rotate?
There is Standard, Extended, and Unlimited. Standard and Extended rotate on a yearly basis, currently that rotation happens at the start of September.

>is there one "best" deck or several tier 1 decks?
A few people way say otherwise, but there are numerous viable decks. They held the 2016 Winter Regional tournaments and between the 5 locations there were 4 different decks that won and something like 16 different decks between all the locations Top 8.

>how much does an average tier 1 deck cost?
I can't answer this one, because I am not really sure what the current tier 1 stuff is.

>how much do chase rares get up to?
Most "necessary" rares are going to run between 5-12$. Some that are truly chase rares and useful in virtually every deck imaginable (IE Shaymin EX) or that are just brand new and low in quantity (IE Jolteon EX in the current Generations expansion) can get up into the 40-50$ range.
>>
>play item lock
>opponent draws everything he needs anyway solely off topdecks

I fucking hate PTCGO.
>>
>>25656492
>playing item lock

you deserved it
>>
>>25656513
I just realized I'm only playing against decks that counter my setup completely. I designed this to beat NM, Yveltal, Garchomp and Greninja and yet all I'm fighting is Trevenant.
>>
>>25654069
cheaper? not at all. the mewtwo and raichu are a bit cheaper in japanese because they are technically promos, but good luck getting an umbreon and espeon in japanese.
>>
>>25650175
kek
I got a German one in mint condition for five euros.
>>
File: 1447819167165.png (4 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1447819167165.png
4 KB, 320x320
>>25655293
Euchg. look at those sweaty hands, I wouldn't accept a pamphlet from the guy.

Buy from here.
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p1080536.html
>>
>>25650176
Is that Cheren?
>>
File: IMG_20160320_231940.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160320_231940.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I was just in Walmart with a friend and since he is a massive faggot and wanted to check out the star wars collectibles along with yugi oh cards I went along, and this beauty caught my eye. I don't play tcg so I have no idea what this is about, but zapdos is by far my favourite Mon of all time, so my thought process was "its 2016 and for whatever reason they decided to focus on my boy zapdos, I should pounce" it was only 18$ the prefect amount for a novelty impulse buy, how'd I do.
>>
>>25657634
It's a pretty good starter deck. Have fun, man.
>>
>>25657843
Is zapdos good?
>>
>>25657634
>$18 for a starter deck

you got ripped off
>>
File: ShinyGyarados.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ShinyGyarados.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
>>25657634
>Buying starter decks ever
Collector value for Zapdos is very low.
The deck it self is pretty useless to play since it's mostly fill with energy cards, and no one wants to pay almost $20 bucks for energy cards.

You were better off buying a $3.99 booster pack, would have gotten better cards.
Hell for $20 bucks, you should have gotten the Shiny Gyardos box, that would have been worth the money.
They sell this box in every walmart...if you can find them.
>>
>>25655727
Pricks like you really need to randomise your decks properly though. It's fucking cancerous to watch people fail to shuffle nearly every third game. It's hilarious how many games I win when I insist on shuffling an opponent's deck.

>Bending cards

That guys bad at shuffling too. You can effectively riffle shuffle without bending cards, you were probably right to try refuse him. Maybe he was going to damage your cards on purpose. Seemed like a douchebag too.
>>
>>25655415

It really depends on the judge, those that are usually cite the reflectivity (in terms of reflecting the color or a blurry reflection of the card you're about to draw) of some sleeves being their main reason for it.
>>
File: ss (2016-02-07 at 11.16.33).jpg (19 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-07 at 11.16.33).jpg
19 KB, 202x249
>Friend's gf collects pokemon cards
>Has a huge pile of packs she just bought
>She threw out all the code cards
>>
Are there any cards that search Special Energies in Standard
>>
>>25658289
Battle Compressor
Solrock
>>
>>25655415
don't sleeve over outer sleeves, you will look like a massive faggot. just use a perfect fit sleeve and a normal outer sleeve.

protecting the card is the main objective, not protecting the protection.
>>
File: 20160321_032953.jpg (2 MB, 2336x3128) Image search: [Google]
20160321_032953.jpg
2 MB, 2336x3128
>>25654768
but you aren't, familia. i dont know shit about the tcg, i just buy the shiny cardboard.
>>
File: RaiBats.jpg (115 KB, 854x496) Image search: [Google]
RaiBats.jpg
115 KB, 854x496
I need help with this.
I either brick, see no energies, or don't see enough basics to get Circle Circuit really doing much.
I know I need more VS Seekers and Level Balls but I don't have any more.
>>
>>25658410
I have no clue what your ratios on the bottom are.
This deck has no need for Wally.
Sacred Ash is useless when your only energy is 4x DCE
Why the fuck are you running Bronzong with no Steel energies???? Did you read the card?
Brigette is bad, you don't need Grunts, Compressor does nothing but mill here
Drop all that and Fan Club, and bring Shaymin down to 2 or even 1 if you need the room.

This should give you enough room to max out Ultra Ball, VS Seeker, and Sycamore, add in a set of Trainers' Mail for consistency, fit in 1-2 Birch for even more draw power, and then fill the rest out with Steel for Bronzong.
>>
Will Shaymin EX get rotated out of standard soon? I wanna get into Pokemon TCG but that price is so steep for something that's a crutch in every deck
>>
>>25658439
Not until September 2017 at the soonest. If it gets reprinted between now and then, expect it to potentially last until 2020.

If it makes you feel any better about buying it, most low-tier optional techs in beginner-level decks for other card games like MtG and YGO cost more than Shaymin.
>>
>>25658432
There are Steel energies, I run 3. I just noticed they're not in the picture. The Compressor is to discard them for Bronzong. I'll keep one Wally because it's helped me get a Raichu super fast before but I'll do everything else. Thanks anon. How many mails should I fit, 3 or 4?
>>
>>25650807
>discounts for cash

Shit almost sounds like money laundering to me. Cards are innocuous, easy to transport, liquid as fuck for the right ones... wouldn't surprise me if even one of these bizarro fabled discount stores is a front for or tied to drug shit.
>>
File: uUfpspT.jpg (451 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
uUfpspT.jpg
451 KB, 1680x1050
Opened some gen boosters and got this among others. What's the real value of one? I'm seeing trades on market going from 1 BP to 40.
>>
>>25658700
TCs finally posted their final value as 25. If you had pulled this a few days earlier, you could have gotten 30-50 RS for it.
>>
>>25658432
Bridgette is good in raichu because it fills the bench quickly. He really wants it as his turn 1 supporter.
>>25658498
You still want to drop Wally as you should be building your bench on turn 1, so your turn 1 supporter should be a draw supporter or Bridgette.
>>
>>25658711
I see, thank you. So one shaymin for it would be an ok trade?
>>
File: RaiBats.jpg (111 KB, 859x499) Image search: [Google]
RaiBats.jpg
111 KB, 859x499
>>25658730
>>25658432
This is what it's looking at right now
Bottom ratios are 1/4/2/2/2/3
>>
>>25658795
Looking good. My suggestion now would be
-1 Birch
+1 Judge
-1 Skyla
+1 Muscle Band/VS Seeker
>>
>>25658858
Well I don't have anymore VS Seekers but I plan to fit them in when I can get them. And I feel bad about dropping Skyla since she's _______my waifu___.
>>
File: OddishAnniversaryCard.jpg (681 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
OddishAnniversaryCard.jpg
681 KB, 857x1200
So I'm planning on making a Fake TCG set for the anniversary. Just for fun. Being that it's supposed to be a celebration of the original games, it will only include the first 151 Pokemon, as well as Trainer and Energy cards. Technically, there will be 3 different sets, that combine into one larger set. The overall balancing of the set will be weaker than the current meta, but stronger than the Base Set meta.

What I need help with is suggestions for staple Trainer cards that I need to include, either by name or by effect.

Some of the Trainers I've included will have somewhat different effects based on the balancing I want to have (for example, Muscle Band will only be worth +10, and Energy Removal will function the same as Crushing Hammer).

Some of the Supporters will also have similar effects to existing Supporters, but some will be unique as well. Some of the Supporters with pre-existing effects include:
Brock = Wally
Blue = Lysandre
Team Rocket Grunts = Team Flare Grunt

What else do you think I need?

Here's the card list so far: http://pastebin.com/C95jGVYQ

Pic related, it's the first card I've made for it.
>>
>>25659245

Make impostor Oak cards
>>
>>25658127
>That guys bad at shuffling too. You can effectively riffle shuffle without bending cards

any advice for this? I've just been practicing the mash shuffle.
>>
>>25659262

I just sleeve my cards, cut the deck in half, drop one half onto the other, and shake until they all slide down. Then repeat the process for a while, finally letting my opponent cut the deck at the end.

It takes a while, so I normally start while the opponent is still setting up.
>>
>>25659245
What ever happened to that anon who was making an MSE template for the TCG? Seems like they just kind of stopped working on it...
>>
what deck do you guys have more fun playing with?
>>
File: 306Aggron-Mega.png (173 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
306Aggron-Mega.png
173 KB, 431x431
>>25659297
that sounds like the mash shuffle to me. I've seen the pros do that shuffle very quickly, but I'm still snail pace.

It's the riffle shuffle that confounds me. It looks like it takes a lot of delicate control to get the cards to fall on each other in such a way that you don't bend them. Video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adNeBLkP8ZM
>>
>>25659370
riffle shuffle bends the cards, mash shuffling with disposable sleeves is the best way to protect your cards.
>>
>>25659376
>riffle shuffle bends the cards

Only traditionally, and/or usually if you're clumsy. If you practice, all it takes is nimble hands and a slight variation in technique to protect your cards. Playing poker, 500, Euchre, Mtg and Pokemon were my entire childhood. Just shuffle and shuffle and shuffle, it's a good time waster if you're waiting for a bus or whatever. Practice with some trash cards.

Card tricks and tricky technique shuffling can look good at parties, with the right crowd.
>>
>>25659448
I don't know how good you can riffle shuffle, but if you do it like the guy did in the video, after a couple hundreds of shufflles, you will start seeing small bends on the corners, which can be delayed by changing which corner you bend, while in mash shuffling all you get after hundreds of shuffles are disposable sleeves in bad shape, and mash shuffling also has a technique to damage as less as possible the sleeves.
>>
>>25658176
Just tell her to save them for you next time. Im sure she wont mind if she was going to dispose them anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (424 KB, 1354x858) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
424 KB, 1354x858
Could I get input on this M Garde deck? I know I need one more VS, but I'm not sure about the rest : should I add AZ/Scoops for Shaymin, Battle Compressors for easy turbo/VS access, or anything else?
>>
File: 14585670608301498551495.jpg (3 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
14585670608301498551495.jpg
3 MB, 3024x4032
Post pulls! I have three more, if you post the pulls, I'll post the others.

>No pulls = no codes
>>
File: bp.png (953 KB, 1286x746) Image search: [Google]
bp.png
953 KB, 1286x746
>>25659618
Based
>>
File: 14585672802491974332843.jpg (4 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
14585672802491974332843.jpg
4 MB, 3024x4032
>>25659630
Nice! I need that break in my collection.....
>>
>>25659642
>refresh and see the post basically the time it's posted
>have the redeem code screen already open, just type it up
>code already been redeemed

shit you guys are fast
>>
>>25659547
Yeah she said she'd send them my way as she got them, but fuck
>>
File: ss (2016-03-21 at 10.40.39).jpg (277 KB, 1066x603) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-21 at 10.40.39).jpg
277 KB, 1066x603
>>25659587
This has worked out for me pretty well. Thread helped me with my deck a week or two ago.
If you can't get the shaymins, just use more bikes
>>
>>25650370
you can't just sleeve the deck? new to actually playing the game so legit curious
>>
>>25660001
They also have grey border in the front
>>
>>25658868
I understand

If you use Skyla you can afford to drop a Trainers Mail. Also consider Super Scoop Up for reusuing bats and Shaymins alongside AZ, though I don't know what else you could take out.
>>
>>25660001
They would have to offer you sleeves to play if they allowed that, because a standard product shouldn't have to make you buy more stuff just to play with the card you just bought. Also, they have a different back card just to make it nontournament legal. It is only for casuals to know what feels like to play a tier1 deck without spending much money.
>>
File: ss (2016-03-21 at 11.12.46).jpg (324 KB, 1095x701) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-21 at 11.12.46).jpg
324 KB, 1095x701
Any advice for this deck? I keep losing to manectric
>>
>>25660173
-1 Switch
-1 Hex Maniac
-1 Float Stone
-1 Trainers Mail

+2 Muscle Band
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Bridgette

Is the Jirachi promo with Stardust easy to get on PTCGO? It's a great tech in that deck.
>>
>>25651310
Why are you lying
>>
>>25660307
>Is the Jirachi promo with Stardust easy to get on PTCGO? It's a great tech in that deck.
Unfortunately not anymore.
>>
File: Aggressydos.png (499 KB, 1031x508) Image search: [Google]
Aggressydos.png
499 KB, 1031x508
Any tips for this? The goal of the deck is to set up a Gyarados that deals 150 damage as fast as possible.
>>
>>25660603
>2 float stones with a Manaphy
>>
Where can I go to find what will be rotating out in September?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.