[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ptcg/ Pokemon Trading Card Game General: Rotation Never Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: hypnotoxic laser reprint when.png (2 MB, 959x1291) Image search: [Google]
hypnotoxic laser reprint when.png
2 MB, 959x1291
OLD THREAD:
>>25650098

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed) (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter standard/expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered, don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads
Unless your old cards are coveted and in good condition, they are probably worthless.

TOT: What do you think the meta will look like in September if the rotation is PCL-on?
>>
I'm a noob, how do code Giveaways work?
>>
AHH LOGGING IN AND MAKING AN ACCOUNT IS SO HARD WHY AM I BOOTED OUT FOR 15 MINUTES
>>
>>25667409
People post codes, covering the QR square and others try to redeem them. It is also common courtesy for the person who redeemed it to post a screenshot of what they pulled from the pack. People that don't are pieces of shit.
>>
Is Pokeorder a good site to get booster boxes from?
>>
>>25667436
This. Fuck the lurkers that never post pulls.
>b-but I want to s-s-save the p-packs for t-trading!1!
Not an excuse, post pulls or you're a massive faggot.
>>
Um I created an account and when it filled in the fields for me to log in it tells me authorization error check pass/username
>>
and whenever I make an account, the username isn't taken when I try to make a new one.
>>
>>25667318
>TOT: What do you think the meta will look like in September if the rotation is PCL-on?
For reference, the relevant cards we'll be losing include:

>XY
Greninja, Trevenant, Aromatisse, Xerneas, Muscle Band
>FF
Pyroar, Blacksmith, Startling Megaphone, Trick Shovel
>FuF
Lucario EX, Landorus, Hawlucha, Seismitoad EX, Fighting Stadium, Korrina, Super Scoop Up
>PHF
Manectric EX, M Manectric EX, Joltik, Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Crobat, Gengar EX, Malamar EX, Bronzong, Dialga EX, Aegislash EX, AZ, Battle Compressor, Dimension Valley, Head Ringer, Robo Substitute, Steel Shelter, Xerosic, Mystery Energy

So, since Yveltal EX will remain virtually untouched thanks to every relevant card in the deck getting reprinted, it will remain at Tier 1. All other current meta decks will rotate out, since these four packs alone contain almost every single viable card currently used in Standard.

Next format will contain entirely new decks other than Yveltal. The current contenders are Damage Swap/M Mewtwo (currently Tier 3), M Alakazam/Golbat, Zygarde/Carbink/Regirock, Jolteon/Glaceon, M Rayquaza, Vileplume variants, or some of the currently-printed decks that are Tier 4/lower being pumped up thanks to the power vacuum. Maybe something like Palkia/Gyarados or Kyogre, or M Sceptile. Not to mention the 2-4 packs we'll get between now and then.
>>
I found something interesting, apparently if you register with a mail.com address it doesn't register.... Anyway I'm a newb and finally made an account,
>>
>>25667430
>>25667455
>>25667465
>>25667493
This isn't the Nintendo service desk or a blog.
>>
>>25667528
fuck off
>>
>>25667469
So for a casual player does this mean much? should I shift my deck with the meta?

My mate tends to build as close to the meta as is viable by trading. Is he gonna stomp the old decks with all these new Break sets and decks?

Again I build my decks like a casual (bought dark hammer and swapped in a Landerous EX and some other mons as my deck)

Mostly a collector so I'm looking at what sets to start buying for summer.
>>
>>25667684
Casually players should give no fuck about the meta.
>>
>>25667684
Depends on what ends up being reprinted, if anything.
As of right now, investing in the current meta is pointless, since everything is rotating in six months. Except for Yveltal.
>>
>>25667469
>The current contenders are Damage Swap/M Mewtwo.

That depends on the build, If the rotation iss PRC-on then Psychic Infinity M Mewtwo decks are losing Metal Links Bronzong.

This, of course, is only true if they rotate out the PHF print AND the Black Star promo print at the same time.
>>
>>25667733
Damage Swap Mewtwo doesn't use Bronzong.
>>
>>25667749
It uses D Valley though, which IS being rotated out.
>>
>>25667755
They'll just run M Mewtwo and use Shrine of Memories.
>>
>>25667797
That doesn't magically lower the energy cost, you know.
>>
>>25667469
>battle compresor
>az
>muscle band
>blacksmith
Fuck
>>
>>25667849
So, you haven't used the damage swap deck
>>
>first online game
>pull Mewtwo EX
>He goes through three hands before finding a basic pokemon
>concedes first turn
gee, is online usually this easy?
>>
>>25667849
No, but you now have access to Mega Turbo and an attack that encourages you to use more energy.
>>
>when you put away the cards for a while and come back and theyve released 80 new sets

At least Wizards of the Coast had some restraint.
>>
So I bought a pack of Break Point or whatever for laughs

Got a Luxray Break. Any decent?
>>
>>25668044
luxury break is shit
>>
>>25668027
Four main packs and one or two subsets a year is standard for a TCG, especially one with a rotation.
>>
>>25668051
Ahh well, seems to be a couple bucks.
>>
>>25667573
Go back to shitbook.
>>
Man these old commercials were intense

http://youtu.be/qm82D3ytCko
http://youtu.be/BDO-eGr6lb4

Also "Neo Genesis" is the best expansion name
>>
>>25667318
Does anything will realistically still use the Fairy Garden once Xerneas, Aromatisse and Gardevoir all rotate out?
>>
>>25668352
It'll still be staple in Fairies, it all really depends on if we get good Fairy Pokemon.
And after Altaria and Audino, that probably won't happen.
>>
Sooooo how about that Lost Zone.
>>
File: 2hnmtU9.jpg (193 KB, 917x967) Image search: [Google]
2hnmtU9.jpg
193 KB, 917x967
>>25666620
>>
>another mega gardevoir being printed
>another miniset

Gen 7 can't come soon enough. I'm so tired of minisets and promo cards
>>
>>25669223
there have been some really nice promos recently family, why don't you like them?
>>
>>25669223
they're using it as an excuse to reprint gardevoir spirit link for the pokekyun gardy
>>
pretty hilarious how that idiot kept talking about NM not being tier 0
and kept boasting about his tournament results and now tournament results stabbed him in the back (^:
>>
>>25670138
>I do not know what tier 0 means
>>
Im buying my first booster box this Friday. Im thinking breakpoint since its of the newest. Is that a good set? I want cards to get started, and I hear that this one has some neat water cards.
>>
>do theme tournament
>face fire using grass deck
>almost kill off Delphox
>guy uses 2 super potions on Delphox with no energy attached
>lose to healthy Delphox

nice
>>
>>25670546
If you plan on actually playing the game, do NOT buy product. You will lose money guaranteed, Pokemon boxes struggle to break even and you're left over with several junk cards that can't realistically be sold. This isn't Magic or Yugioh.

Just buy singles. You'll save yourself a lot of money.
Even if you're just collecting, you can probably finish an entire set of most packs for cheaper than a box through singles. That's how low-value the cards are.
>>
>>25670546
If you're buying a booster box just for fun just pick whatever set you want, none of them are "good." Except for maybe Phantom Forces and Roaring Skies. If you're buying a booster box to actually collect cards for a collection or deck building its a waste of money no matter what set you pick.
>>
File: 1458191046094.jpg (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1458191046094.jpg
7 KB, 225x224
>playing against night march
>this dude draws like a fucking artist
>hes at 3 cards left and has a mew doing 400 dmg per swing
>he needs two prize cards to win
>he has 3 left, kills two of my pokemon, he wins
>he then does the discard your hand and draw 7 cards
>ezwin4me
Why do retards do bad BMs and why do they backfire horribly?
>>
>>25670601
Not him, but I've went to a store and buying the staples seems to cost more than just buying a phantom force box.

I brought a RS box and got 2 Shaymin-EXs
>>
>>25670601
Are there any tips on water decks? I played water back in 2005 before I stopped playing.
>>
>>25670618
>2 shaymin ex
Shit, thats like 2/3 the total price of the box. Thats sick luck.
>>
>>25670611
Funny thing is that they made the grass starter deck just to show you that you can lose by drawing too much.
>>
>>25670626
I got both of them and a hydreigon-EX from the last 5 packs too. Before that I only got 2 EXs and was really regretting it.
>>
>>25670618
The only "staples" in Pokemon that aren't worth less than a few dollars are VS Seeker ($40 for a playset, half the price of a box) and Shaymin EX (which seem to fluctuate around $40 each). You could buy a box and get lucky, like you did, and rip two or more Shaymin EX, but you should count yourself lucky to just pull one. Because the rest of that set is worthless, except for secret VS Seeker.
>>
>>25670618
>Not him, but I've went to a store and buying the staples seems to cost more than just buying a phantom force box.
$30 gets you 4 VS Seeker. It's one of the only staple trainers worth more than a dollar each.
FS PHF boxes sell for $130+ since it's been out of print for two years now, and you're definitely not going to pull $100 worth of cards on top of the 4 VS Seeker.

>I brought a RS box and got 2 Shaymin-EXs
>I won the lottery, why isn't everyone else rich too?
>>
>>25670645
same guy here I brought 2 RS booster packs before the box and got a SR VR Seeker
>>
>>25670586
Actually buying boxes is a bad move in both Magic and Yugioh. Buying boxes is never a good move if you want to build a deck.
>>
>>25670656
>>25670663
So supposed you want to make a deck but do not have staples and EXs, you should just buy them individually?
>>
>>25670678
Absolutely. Even with Shaymin, a deck shouldn't run you more than $90~$120 for something high-end. And by skipping out on the Shaymin and VS Seeker, you more than half that price.
>>
>>25670678
Yes, which is what everyone has been suggesting.
>>
>>25670678
Always, in any card game. Just think about it, if it were cheaper to just buy the boxes, no one would buy singles, this is what the singles sellers have in mind.
>>
What decks are you guys playing? How do you like it?
>>
>>25670768
Pretty new to the game, started a week ago.
Mewtwo(Photon Wave) with some side gimmicks. I want to transition into MMewtwoY with Shatter Shot.

It is pretty fun, my deck is a trainwreck and it never feels the same, since I don't have multiples of the same card.
>>
>>25670768
Gallade bats, pretty fun deck (looking to build a Sceptile deck now though as it looks like a solid one)
>>
File: 20160322_074103.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160322_074103.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Good luck, post pulls
>>
>>25671081
What the hell happened to people posting pulls?
>>
>>25671264
I guess they're enjoying themselves too much and forgot how to screenshot
>>
Still fairly new to the game, have a few questions:

Are there any cards that reliably allow you accelerate energy attachment? Trying to build a deck around that.

What booster packs should I be buying with my tokens, or maybe which ones shouldn't I be buying?
>>
>>25671529
Mega Turbo lets you freely attach energy cards from the discard to your mega. Bronzong lets you attach metal energy from discard to your benched Pokemon. Blacksmith lets you attach 2 fire energy to your Fire pokemon. Max Elixer lets you attach energy to your benched pokemon if one of the seven cards on top of your card is an energy card.
>>
>>25671529
http://pokepedia.net/ is a good site for looking for cards with a specific effect like this.
>>
>Played PTCGO a while ago, come back
>Oh man now all my HGSS cards are rotated out
>Trade thread shows my 3 Prime and Darkrai+Cress are worth 47 packs
Do people actually trade that much for these?
>>
>>25671633
HGSS cards are very hard to obtain right now other than shop bundles that happen occasionally, so yes they are worth a lot more.
>>
>>25671529
>What booster packs should I be buying with my tokens, or maybe which ones shouldn't I be buying?
don't buy any. Keep your coins and let them build up for shop bundles WHEN they are worth it. Like the Xerneas one this week is kinda 3 or 4 copies if you want to play Fairy. Or the Yveltal one next week if you want dark.

Or the Jirachi one a few weeks ago that every deck could use a copy of and to get the card through other means is like, 50+ packs. So save up for those when they come.

If you gotta feed that pack opening addiction some then PHF or RS have the best staples. Or get a theme deck that you know for sure contains cards you want, like that fairy one with Aromatisse in.
>>
>>25671377
Bullshit. They're just greedy jews who do not understand basic courtesy and forget they're being given these for free from people who want to see the pulls. Shit, I have a bunch of cards lying around that I will never post here because of these jewing faggots who are too selfish to open the damned free boosters and post the pulls rather than hoard them. I don't play the online game, but I'd rather cut up these cards than give them to these assholes.
>>
>>25671729
feel free to mail em to me and I will post all the pulls
>>
Do any of you autismos live in Miami? Any good gameshops? Thinking about going to Cool Stuff in Hollywood.
>>
>>25671712
Why is this Xerneas bundle worth it? The promo Xerneas is the same as the one that comes with the theme deck. Just because of the deck, coin and sleeves?
>>
>>25672068
>Why is this Xerneas bundle worth it? The promo Xerneas is the same as the one that comes with the theme deck.

Because some people like to use more expensive cards with alternate art over the cheaper version.

Also, the only way to get the promo other than buying the bundle is to track down the now out-of-print Xerneas box.

>Just because of the deck, coin and sleeves?

That too, but only for the sleeves and deckbox. They were only available to Canadians for a while.
>>
>>25672068
what namefag Guy said. They are only kinda worth it if you have the spare coin. But then something like that Jirachi was an essential 1-of purchase. So it's always worth keeping about 1200 in bank jic.
>>
File: pokemon_tcg_generations_pull.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_tcg_generations_pull.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Got a nice generations pull from my Charizard box today.
>>
For my first card purchase, should I get the machamp tin box?
>>
Flyunion
Add me on pkmn tcgo
I run a toad Garbo deck
>>
>>25672602

I wouldn't recommend it, the packs you get from it are iffy.

>2 BREAKpoint
>1 Primal Clash
>1 Furious Fists

For a first TCG purchase, I'd recommend an ETB.
>>
File: raichubats.png (1 MB, 1205x758) Image search: [Google]
raichubats.png
1 MB, 1205x758
Trying to get my first serious standard deck going, pretty much copied what someone posted in the thread earlier. Can you guys help me with the price check and suggestions if needed?

From what I could see from the trades:
Shaymin-EX = 18 RS

Raichu = 1 BP

2 Crobat + 2 Golbat + 2 Zubat - 5 BP
1 Crobat + 1 Golbat + 1 Zubat = 2 BP
1 Crobat = 1 BP

2 Bronzong + 2 Bronzor = 2 RS

Bear in mind these are the trades that are still up, are they up because the prices are too high? I plan on getting RS packs to finish the deck. Not pictured is a FA Shaymin I want to try and trade along some RS packs for 2 regular ones.
>>
>>25672704

>serious standard deck
>raichu

lol
>>
>>25672716
well meme'd
>>
>>25667318
Why is it a bid deal that Yveltal EX and Yveltal got reprints? They were both printed as promos early on and Promos aren't rotated until the end of a series.
>>
>>25672755

Not exactly, TPCi rotates out promos as well. The 2012-2013 Modified format had all BW promos being modified-legal, but then the 2013-14 Modified format had only BW Promos numbered 033 and higher being legal for Modified.
>>
>>25672755
>Why is it a bid deal that Yveltal EX and Yveltal got reprints?
The deck was Tier 1 the second it first printed, took a Tier 2 backseat to Toad for like three months, then immediately shot back to Tier 1 post-rotation. It has been a competitive deck for the last 2+ years and it will now survive the rotation for another two or more instead of leaving this September like everything else.

>Promos aren't rotated until the end of a series.
Just like in 2014 when they rotated out BW Black Star Promos cards numbered BW33 to BW50 specifically?
>>
2 Yveltal-EX
2 Zorua
2 Zoroark
1 Zoroark BREAK
1 Gallade BKT
1 Seismitoad-EX

How many packs can I get this for? BP or RS
>>
>>25673181
>>
What is the average age of players at your LGS? Looking to get back into the game but worried i'm too old and it would be weird for kids with their parents
>>
>>25673464
Most of the people in my League are in their 20s
>>
>>25673464
I'm in Cali and there's about two over 30, 2 over 25 5 over 18 and about 10-12 under 18
>>
>>25673563
I'm early 20s so this is certainly good to hear
>>
>>25658014
>>25658039

It was honestly an impulse buy. I just really wanted Zapdos, also I live in Canada so $18 is probably cheaper in USA.
>>
>>25673464

Well, most of the people in my area are either in the older teens, 20 somethings, or parents with kids playing. In actual tournaments the Masters (15+) division is usually more than the Juniors and Seniors combined

>Implying kids can actually afford to play competitive Pokemon TCG without the commitment of their parents as well
>>
File: trophies.png (633 KB, 1169x739) Image search: [Google]
trophies.png
633 KB, 1169x739
how's your trophy collection going, /ptcg/?
>>
>>25673623

Depending on where you live you are better off buying your TCG products from your local game stores instead of the big box stores since LGSs are usually cheaper than say Wal-Mart or Toys R Us
>>
File: trophies.png (457 KB, 995x457) Image search: [Google]
trophies.png
457 KB, 995x457
>>25673661

pretty whatever
>>
>>25673687
Actually? Are you talking about just buying individual cards, or are packs actually cheaper? That doesn't make sense to me, wal mart usually has the cheapest everything.

PS. I have a code here for a Roaring Skies Storm Rider Zapdos for I guess the online game, do you have to pay for the online cards aswell? Cause if so Ill just give away the code on here
>>
>>25673734

Since I live in Toronto, prices for sealed products (packs, theme decks, and what not) for most LGS are competitive enough that they are usually 10~20% cheaper than big box stores. The only thing that I buy from Wal-Mart or TRU is the 1-pack Promo blisters since they are the only ones to carry them

>Things regarding PTCGO

Technically you can grind your way through without spending a single cent. Read the OP for more information
>>
File: whoops.png (149 KB, 650x361) Image search: [Google]
whoops.png
149 KB, 650x361
>>25673785
Is this normal?

I made my screen name NutEmbracer
>>
>>25673853
why would you
>>
>>25673857
Its my steam name, which is a synonym for NutHugger which was taken on League already, and I thought that sounded funny.
>>
Pulled a physical Jolteon EX yesterday, what do
>>
Im a bit confused how you win the game. Is it when you kill the opponents mon and they have no benched mons, or if you get all your prize cards?
>>
>>25673954
Both are win conditions. If a player would draw a card, and there is no more deck, that player loses too.
>>
>>25673954

There are multiple normal victory conditions for the TCG

- You take all 6 Prize cards from Knocking Out his/her Pokemon
- Your opponent does not have any Bench Pokemon to replace his/her Active Pokemon after it was Knocked Out (or it being removed from play through attack effects), it is commonly referred to as being "Benched Out"
- Your opponent cannot draw a card at the beginning of his/her Turn as his/her Deck has no cards left aka "Decking Out"
>>
>>25673938
Sell it ASAP if you're going to. Otherwise, keep it, it's not a half bad card to splash into some decks.
>>
File: LightMachampNeoDestiny25.jpg (94 KB, 350x495) Image search: [Google]
LightMachampNeoDestiny25.jpg
94 KB, 350x495
>>25674041
Considering it's only AU$40~ I'm not sure I will. Also, last night my gf and I came to the realisation that we have little interest in playing the game and just want to collect the cards.

Currently looking at Miki Tanaka's illustrations (some anon posted their collection and it looked sweet). Also Delta Species looks kind of cool.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Miki_Tanaka#Cards_illustrated
>>
>>25674004
>>25673984

I'm confused on another thing. When evolving, when can you do it? When the base mon has 1 energy? Is there a specific amount of energy they need?
>>
>>25674326
You can't evolve a pokemon that entered in play in the same turn unless stated otherwise. They don't explain those things in the tutorial?
>>
>>25673687

Watch out. I had some faggot swearing up and down that I was a liar when I said this two threads ago.
>>
>>25673734

Both. Especially individual cards, since you arent paying kike fees like on ebay.
>>
>>25673734
If you have the code, it unlocks the same product for you online(in this case, you will have an online copy of the Zapdos and whatever other products that goes with it, like coins, sleeves, deck boxes...).
>>
>>25674518
Oh so the code is for the entire starter deck? Maybe I will try to get into tcg.

>>25674348
I think they did, but I must have gotten confused, I thought they had to have an energy for some reason, but it didnt say anything about that on the card.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (42 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
42 KB, 295x300
Hey guys. Just starting out and want to know how I should go about grabbing some worthwhile cards.
The store I work in currently sells these starter decks as well as some boosters and boxsets pretty cheap but I'm unsure which is best.
I'm just looking to have something I can learn the game and have fun with, but any advice is appreciated.
>>
That full art n is too far away...
>>
Just out of curiosity, would you guys say the TCG would be significantly impacted at all if they

>Added QR Codes to certain monster cards (so basically everything except for Trainer and Energy Cards) and allowed you to download an app where you could play the cardgame with AR Pokemon

or

>Added Amiibo chips to the existing cards, and released a new TCG game that allowed you to add them to your game deck/did something in future Pokemon games

I've been thinking about why the hell Nintendo wouldn't add amiibo for Pokemon when there's both an existing TCG for it and a line of Animal Crossing card which are probably as popular as the Pokemon ones despite the AC games they were released for being garbage
>>
>>25674688

you gotta believe senpai

go to town on theme format with basic red, instantly quitting vs basic blue, winning like 90% of the time vs basic green

you can do it
>>
>>25674599
I think Greninja deck is much more fun to play, and easier to upgrade later. Greninja deck has many cool different interactions that works well(Frogadier cloning, Cloyster free attack, Slowking swapping energy, and grass pokemons inflicting paralyze/sleep).

And to upgrade it, you can start getting some Water Shuriken Greninjas, Greninja Breaks, or even Golduck Break. Also Liligant a CUTE.
>>
>>25674599
Greninja is better, but theme decks in the pokemon tcg are unusually awful, even among tcg reconstructed decks.
Unless you just have money to burn, buying singles that you need is much cheaper than buying packs or boxes.
>>
>>25674875
He is starting out, so I don't think he knows what he wants already. I always start a new game with starter decks, because they are decent and cheap to start out, actually playing the game a couple times gives a good grasp of what is good and what is not.

Also, I don't think there is any TCG where starter decks are not awful.
>>
>>25674900
I'd recommend just playing TCGO for that, unless anon has multiple friends that want to learn with him. It's free and the tutorial is hands down the best way to learn the rules. Starter decks are pretty bad in most games, but most of the time they at least show you how to start building your own decks. Pokemon doesn't even do that, with too many evolution lines and way too much energy. That's how you get people that think an even 20 pokemon, 20 trainers, and 20 energy is a solid deck format.
>>
>>25674798
>>25674875
>>25674900
>>25674964
Thanks for the pointers.

I do play other card games, so learning technique and deckbuilding won't be an issue when the time comes. But obviously the first hurdle is usually the hardest as the ruleset is a whole new dynamic with cards doing things I've never seen or aren't used to.

Honestly, I don't have people I know who play. But I wanted to play a couple of physical games, rather than digital ones. I have the Star Wars LCG which I enjoy, it's just not what I imagined when it comes to customisation. Too far from what I'm accustomed to.
>>
>>25675055
Try seeing if you have a pokemon league near you.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/play-in-a-league/
It's a lot like Friday Night Magic, and you can win shit just for playing a lot, even if you mostly lose.
>>
File: 1454615778198.jpg (91 KB, 862x500) Image search: [Google]
1454615778198.jpg
91 KB, 862x500
>>25674599
My friend and I are going to a table top gameshop this saturday, we will probably pick up a starter deck each and play a couple of rounds to see how we like it. I used to play waaay back in the day, and stopped at around the same time ex cards were coming or. I know the rules and how to play, but know nothing of the meta, so I'll make sure to ask for advice from the neckbeards at the gameshop.
>>
>>25675079
Pretty cool idea, man. Thanks a lot.
Seems there's 3 quite close to me.
>>
so did Bite Crobat get reprinted? Or are we getting a new Crobat?
>>
How are Gardevoir decks? I love the EX and M full arts and want to make it as my first somewhat competitive deck.
>>
any useable houndoom decks? like mega houndoom ex or houndoom ex decks idk im new help.
>>
I asked before, I'll ask again. any South Florida fags up in this bitch? Hollywood, Miami, Broward, Kendall? Looking for chill tabletop game stores.
>>
>>25675442

not very good and extremely boring to play
>>
>>25675499
What are some fun, decently competitive decks?
>>
>>25675478

I am only there for a week or two every other year, because I go to Hollywood, FL to visit my grandparents, but the Cool Stuff Inc store there on Taft Street has always been nice when I go.
>>
>Deoxys was in ORAS so no month or box
I really wanted a Deoxys pin
>>
>>25675442
In tcgo almost any deck works, because 90% of the decks are incomplete, and among the other 10%, some are just bad built decks/bad decks.

I am using an incomplete, bad deck, and I still win most of my matches.
>>
>>25675811
This. You gotta remember that there are a ton of kids playing this shit, so lots of easy wins with anything that is competent.
>>
>>25667886
As a Fire deck player myself, they're so utterly shit that there's no way Blacksmith isn't getting a reprint in something.

R-right??
>>
Anyone from D/FW, TX? I was wondering if there are any well known places to buy cards. Madness in Richardson has older expansions maybe PHF if iirc, and a place in Mesquite has BW era stuff.
>>
>>25676063
Considering the amount of reprints lately, it's very possible
>>
>>25675811
>>25675846

Even tournaments?
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-23+at+01.24.51).jpg (26 KB, 388x163) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-23+at+01.24.51).jpg
26 KB, 388x163
>>25673712
>>25673661
rather surprising how good this is
I'm assuming all "losses" (not 1st place finishes) are from when I played themes
>>
>>25676314
No, tournaments are split up into age groups and the older players obviously have more money to invest in the game.
>>
>>25676340
That's for physical ones, right? I don't think TCGO does that.
>>
>>25676063
at this point with the high costs of every fire type, they have to either reprint it or replace it with something very similar or fire type will become unusable.

I could see a supporter along the lines of attach one fire energy to two different fire mons as a replacement that would cut back on OP turn 1 fire type.
>>
>>25676063
>a Fire deck player

there isn't a greater meme in the pokemon tcg

fire type has been historically shit

entei/charizard was the first fire decks to be relevant since what, black and white when reshiram was released?

it's a meme type, and it's gonna return to its meme roots soon
>>
>>25676747
Pyroar was the mvp before the spirit links came out.
>>
File: Lyra.jpg (55 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Lyra.jpg
55 KB, 400x500
So do official tournaments use Standard or Expanded. I just started the game a week ago and am halfway done with RaiBats but seeing as how Crobat, Bronzong, AZ, and Muscle Band are rotating out I want to know if it's worth it to finish it now or just sell everything and gets started on Yveltal EX.
>>
>>25676340
>>25676359

Yeah, I was talking about PTCGO.
I doubt there's any age bracket, I'm just wondering if the kid demographic is still a thing for tournaments or they tend to stay in versus.
>>
>>25676989

he was never more than a meme senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>25677105
All redeemed.

I'm not even sure if people are just quick or posting used codes to have a giggle.
>>
File: pulls322.png (2 MB, 1885x1045) Image search: [Google]
pulls322.png
2 MB, 1885x1045
>>25677105
Got two of the flashfire packs. Forgot to screenshot the first pack, but I got Charizard EX in that one. Thanks, anon!

Post pulls, faggots!
>>
When are we getting a new versus ladder? Tomorrow?
I'd check the time left myself but you can't go to the versus screen during a tournament...
>>
File: ANO.png (967 KB, 905x686) Image search: [Google]
ANO.png
967 KB, 905x686
>>25677105
Thanks anon! Posting pulls
>>
File: FLF.png (958 KB, 886x689) Image search: [Google]
FLF.png
958 KB, 886x689
>>25677244
>>
File: PRC.png (948 KB, 880x688) Image search: [Google]
PRC.png
948 KB, 880x688
>>25677256
>>
File: ROS.png (955 KB, 873x691) Image search: [Google]
ROS.png
955 KB, 873x691
>>25677277
>>
>>25677198
. . . please anon, at least post a screenshot of that new Charizard EX in your collection ( I'm not the anon that posted codes btw)
>>
File: hqdefault(2).jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(2).jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>Korean BreakPoint booster box only 17 bucks on Amazon

I don't need it......but.....I WANT THAT SHINY GYARADOS
>>
File: XY1.png (957 KB, 918x693) Image search: [Google]
XY1.png
957 KB, 918x693
>>25677296
>>
File: aggy.jpg (291 KB, 321x450) Image search: [Google]
aggy.jpg
291 KB, 321x450
>>25677304
I didn't mean to say this in a judgmental way. I just want to see the charizard because that's a great pull! Sorry if I came off that way.
>>
File: XY2.png (960 KB, 879x691) Image search: [Google]
XY2.png
960 KB, 879x691
>>25677320
>>
How do you guys deal with shit pulls in real life? What do you do with the garbage? Is it really worth it to you?
>>
File: charizard322.png (1 MB, 1917x1080) Image search: [Google]
charizard322.png
1 MB, 1917x1080
>>25677325
It's fine, friend.
>>
>>25675471
The only usable Houdoom deck is a mill deck. M Houndoom is just a worse M Absol even with a spirit link and M Absol isn't even used.

If you like houdoom as a pokemon then you should try out the mill deck, it's loads of fun to try for an alternate win con, but I can't really recommend a M houndoom deck.
>>
>>25677039
They alternate. Regionals and some city championships are Expanded. States, some city championships, along with national and world championships are Standard. League Challenges vary.
>>
>>25677357
With pokemon, you gotta accept that you'll be lucky to break even if you buy pretty much any product. I'm a poorfag, so I hardly ever buy anything, but only when I have money to blow.
>>
>>25677381
that is awesome! Great coin flip move too for Turn 2. thanks for posting.
>>
>>25677381
Is this the one used for the Entei deck?
>>
>>25677521

Not the one in the front (Stoke) but the middle one (Combustion Blast)
>>
File: CharizardEXGenerations11.jpg (355 KB, 505x696) Image search: [Google]
CharizardEXGenerations11.jpg
355 KB, 505x696
>>25677357
I find the most cathartic thing to do with Pokemon cards you don't want is to give them to someone who likes the art (especially cute cards). I feel like I'm game to burn through like 8-12 booster packs of a set before settling down and just going for singles.

For 90% of the cards out there, you're better off buying them individually. And then there's the 10% or so that make one want to play the booster pack lottery. For example, I really want the generations Charizard EX cards. Right now they're $15 a piece. So it's either spend ~24 dollars on four gen packs and a promo to get the chance at a Charizard EX (and other goodies) or spend $15 for a guaranteed Charizard EX (but nothing else).

TCGO is much more forgiving.
>>
So what are the best decks currently and what will most likely be the best decks next set? I want to know if it's worth building something NOW or get started picking up stuff for after rotation.
>>
File: Ho-Oh.png (3 MB, 1318x1674) Image search: [Google]
Ho-Oh.png
3 MB, 1318x1674
>finally sorted my pokemon folder
>30 screenshots I've taken of decklists, pretty sure all of which I posted here

glad I saved these mega meme decks, some of them gave me a good laugh

pic related was one of the first iterations of my first successful deck as a free to play player
>>
>>25677731
Refer to >>25667469

Yveltal EX is the safest bet right now
>>
File: 1457277332967.jpg (228 KB, 1100x1014) Image search: [Google]
1457277332967.jpg
228 KB, 1100x1014
>>25677357
I have a ritual once a week where I get a root beer and a pack of cards unless there's a nice collection out, then i get that. But if shit pulls happens, I'll usually at least have a card that I enjoy the art of, and I tell myself that's why I got into this in the first place, and I take a sip of root beer and listen to my jazz, but those damn fullarts are so satisfying, literally crack.
>>
>>25677357

I like to collect as well as play the game. I enjoy trying to finish a set by actually opening boosters and getting the pulls personally. Though I will only dump so much money in a set before I just buy singles to finish the set off, which depending on how much disposable income I have at the time usually ranges between 2 to 4 booster boxes before I go to buy singles.

I will keep a full play set of whatever I get, even trash commons, just to have them. Any trash cards I get more than 4 of go to one of two places. I have two quite younger cousins that play the game, but they just have fun and are too young to understand much strategy beyond just how to play so I let them have free reign of extras. They take whatever they think looks cool or whatever fits their current deck "IE I'm making a bug deck, I'm making a fire deck with just dogs and cats whatever that means"

The normally huge amount of trash cards I still have after my cousins take their pick I take to my LGS and sell them cause they buy any junk cards of MTG, YuGiOh, and Pokemon at 5$ a pound which is roughly 1$ per 100 cards. Not much, but better than throwing them away. They turn around and sell them at like a big handful for a dollar and/or let newbies look through them and take stuff for free to try to get a new player and thus a new customer. Of course any extras of good cards I have I sell online or at the LGS for whatever is a reasonable price for them.

Pokemon is one of my main hobbies, so I think it is worth it to me. If I was into racing I would spend my disposable income on car parts. If I was into shooting I would spend money on ammo. If I was into painting I would buy art supplies. I just happen to enjoy pokemon more than of those other things.
>>
>go to Toys R Us for amiibo cards
>see that Charizard thing with the little figure and 4 packs
>see all of those fucking tins
>see more of those pack things but with other Pokemon like shiny Gyrados
I don't play the game, but I bought a shit load of cards.
>>
>>25677852
>play this game
>go to Toy R Us
>all I see is Vanguard cards and no pokemon in sight
>>
>>25677852
>Amiibo cards

What now? What are these?
>>
>>25678188
Animal Crossing TCG
>>
>>25678188
Jewtendo has amiibo, but in card form for Animal Crossing. There's 305 cards released at the moment with 100 more on the way. The cards do certain shit in certain games as you would imagine, but because Nintendo is incompetent as fuck, they only do like one thing across all of their games. The cards are just representations of special characters like Isabelle and Tom Nook, while the rest are the villagers you can have in your town.
>>
>>25678188
The game ain't so great if you don't buy lots of cards and/or don't like the home decoration aspect of animal crossing, but the collector in me couldn't resist.
>>
>>25677357
Store them up and wait til you have enough to sell by bulk. You can turn like 200 commons into some staples or a couple EXs.
>>
>>25678292
Do you do this online or do you walk into a store to sell your cards?
>>
>>25678362
Either. You usually get better deals online though.
>>
File: 1454958667648.jpg (52 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1454958667648.jpg
52 KB, 500x457
>>25677819
I also just put the shit pulls in a gundam box organized by type, and honestly it's not worth it, singles is the way to go, but I like the rush of boosters.
>>
>>25677307
Link?
>>
>>25677307
Pretty sure FA Mega Gyarados is 17 bucks.
>>
File: 1088274.jpg (336 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
1088274.jpg
336 KB, 324x450
why is this card going for $1000??
>>
>>25678595
Because you're an idiot
>>
>>25678620

why the fuck is is $1K on TrollandToad then?
>>
>>25678620
Not that anon, but there is a listing from derffactory on troll and toad for 1000 bucks.
Why would anyone seriously post that?
>>
>>25678635
>>25678643
Why the fuck do you care? It's obviously either an error or a joke.
>>
File: Little Maxwell.png (49 KB, 670x618) Image search: [Google]
Little Maxwell.png
49 KB, 670x618
>>25678635
>>25678643
>what are jokes?
>>
>>25678696

>$0.01 with God knows how much for S&H

It reminds me of a few years about when people started posting Yugioh cards on eBay for $0.99 + basically the market value for S&H to dodge the final value fee, which caused eBay to charge final value fee on S&H too
>>
>>25678491
Just type korean booster box into amazon. There's a bunch of em, all under 20$
>>
>>25678595
>>25678620
>>25678635
>>25678643
>>25678652
>>25678696
I always felt like companies did this on the off chance someone isn't paying attention, mis-clicks, or is a total moron and they just make a shit ton of money off that one instance.
>>
>when you put something up for trade and it gets traded immediately

Is there a better feeling?
>>
>>25678375
Is there a specific site you do this to? And a special way to package your cards to send them?

Sorry for all the questions. I've got a buttload of commons that i've been wanting to get rid of but I was sort of scared of doing it with no knowledge.
>>
>>25678362
there are guys on reddit who buy/trade for bulk for around 0.06¢ a card. And another that does boxes for 2000 cards.
>>
>>25679341
As in booster boxes?
>>
>>25673464
My store has a lot of kids at the actual pokemon league, but mostly 20 somethings at the actual tournaments, we usually have to combine the juniors and seniors. The parents usually stay with their kids, so it's pretty chill. I like to play fun and/or gimmick decks against the kids, since most of them either play theme decks or make their own badly unless their parents also play. My current favorite is my Team Magma's Groudon EX deck, it's not good enough to play normally, but it's fun.
>>
>>25678936
Just be aware if you buy one, there's 30 packs, but they only have 5 cards each and the pull rates are different, you won't get as many ultra rares from Korean product. The quality of the cards themselves is also lower, so be prepared to protect them well. They also wouldn't be tournament legal here in the States or anywhere Korean isn't an official language.

Not trying to scare anyone off, I'm just telling you why a booster box is 20 bucks.
>>
File: rip.jpg (68 KB, 869x458) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
68 KB, 869x458
fuck
>>
>>25679481
How the fuck is that even remotely a bad start? You can ultra ball the Birch and Skyla for whatever our main mon is, attach and retreat with Shyamin, play the other shaymin, then Sycamore.
>>
>>25679480
Yeah I know. I just collect the cards so it works out for me since I'm getting 150 cards for less than 20 bucks.

Nobody aroubd to play with anyway.
>>
>>25679503
>our main mon

a-anon are you trying to say something?
is this the start of a beautiful thing?
>>
>>25668418
It was lost.
>>
>>25670768
Greninja/Octillery. I have a lot of fun with it.
>>
>>25670768
Budget garchomp.
I just got started and it seems less cheap than night march as far as beginner budget decks go.
>>
>>25677381
>CB Charizard is the RB box promo

For some reason, I never bothered to see what the hell the boxset included. I knew it wouldn't be Stokizard again, but... damn. I guess it'll be nice to not worry about rotation for him, but that deck still falls apart if there's no Blacksmith.
>>
File: Megatwo.jpg (62 KB, 326x453) Image search: [Google]
Megatwo.jpg
62 KB, 326x453
Damage Swap Mewtwo looks neat. Anyone got a nice list?
>>
Binderguy, I'm going to Frank & Son this Saturday to pick up some sleeves and shit. While I'm there, who would you recommend selling bulk to?
>>
Noob who bough zapdos deck yesterday. Question, Zapdos does 40 damage to a benched mon, if I kill my benched mon does the opponent get a prize card?
>>
>>25680440
of course lol
>>
>>25680521
So do benched mons count towards prize cards? I didnnt know this, I thought maybe only killing active mons counted
>>
What can I expect a Shaymin EX to cost me on PTCGO? What's the best way to get some?

I'm a new player and even I can see that it's an auto-include in just about every deck.
>>
>>25680682
why would there be pokemon that are designed to kill on the bench then?
>>
PTCGO isn't sending my confirmation email :(
>>
>>25680744
To sabatoge the opponents future plans

so basically what you are telling me is my favourite pokemon zapdos isn't very good.
>>
>>25680780
the card is fucking amazing what are you talking about
its a basic non ex that deals 120 for three energy
until just now it had a core tech space in M-manectric because it shut down regice decks
>>
>>25680714
buy link related and trade them for 2 shaymin
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Roaring-Skies-Promo-Cards/dp/B00WA9R6J2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458721008&sr=8-1&keywords=roaring+skies+code

Just to verify, since VS Seeker got reprinted as a SR in Roaring Skies that means that it won't rotate out in September, or is there a weird rule about it being "secret" and outside the set list?
>>
>>25680803
I don't understand what you just said but I love it cause this is the feeling I had when I first started competitive pokemon. I have a bad feeling I will spend to much on cards soon.
>>
>>25681094
>or is there a weird rule about it being "secret" and outside the set list?
No, "secret" is just a name. VS Seeker won't be rotated out until RS is, unless it gets yet another reprint.
>>
>>25679403
yes
>>
>>25678984
They guy have to misclick, mischeck and mispay that. It is just default value a lot of online shops do when they don't have the product yet or something.
>>
For people who have been playing the TCG for a long time: Looking back, when was the game was at its healthiest, balance wise?
>>
File: 230928.jpg (38 KB, 398x550) Image search: [Google]
230928.jpg
38 KB, 398x550
>>25682028
The game has always been relatively balanced, as far as TCGs go. It's easier to point to unabalanced metas where one deck just trumped the rest; Seismitoad last year, Mewtwo wars when EX returned, Garchomp/Luxray at the end of Gen 4, Haymaker in the first few years of the game, etc.

If I had to pick my favorite, it would either be immediately post-Haymaker in Gen 2, or pre-SP Gen 4. Or even the current meta now that Toad is gone and Trev isn't top tier. The only problem today is that mechanics like Stage 2 aren't being properly represented.
>>
>>25682049
Not the anon that asked, but do you think the game is heading in an unhealthy direction?
>>
>>25682341
>unhealthy
Depends on what you mean by that.
Item lock isn't Tier 1 anymore and won't be relevant at all once Trevenant rotates out later this year, which is pretty healthy in my opinion. We'll also lose like 90% of the current meta like >>25667469 said, but I'm not sure if that's healthy so much as it's refreshing. They've also been pushing for better Stage 1/2 Pokemon alongside the BREAKS, meaning we might finally have a very viable Stage 2 or 3 deck in the upcoming packs or once everything rotates and settles down.

But the current meta isn't as unhealthy as everyone says. There's an okay distribution of decks, nothing is Tier 0, the difference between tiers is rarely more than 8-10% WR, etc. I guess people are just tired of all these new packs contributing nothing in terms of offensive Pokemon.
>>
>>25682401
I should also mention that I'm specifically talking about Standard.
>>
>go to a gamestore in Japan
>they actually sell small kits with a Break card and some others behind it
Man, why don't they do this in my shitty third world country.
Also, the 4 card boosters might be small, but the cards are very pretty.
>>
>>25682413
Because TPCi wants to pretend they give you more value with 10 card packs when you actually just get more bulk commons, especially since half the uncommons were also commons in Japan.
>>
>need one head out of 4 coinflips to kill enemy chesnaught with my gyarados
>4 tails

I hate this game sometimes
>>
Do people actually sign up for that pokebeach premium shit?

I checked the prices and it's like $6 for a week or $15 for a month.
That's so ridiculously overpriced for a bunch of decklists every once in a while;
>>
>>25682838
You could get a premium porn account for that much
>>
>>25682838
>paying to read a blog
lmao
>>
>>25682602
>50% chance vs 6.25% chance
>RNGesus chose the latter
Damn, you need to repent for something.
>>
What's the better way of running Damage Swap Mewtwo?

Do you just pop four of them into a deck to take advantage of Valley and Belt?
Or is it better to run it with M Mewtwo and Shrine?
>>
File: Yveltal-EX.png (496 KB, 1026x504) Image search: [Google]
Yveltal-EX.png
496 KB, 1026x504
Does this look about right?
>>
File: did I do good.png (405 KB, 944x1060) Image search: [Google]
did I do good.png
405 KB, 944x1060
I think I did well.
Then again, maybe I should have asked for 6 or 7 packs.
>>
>>25683715
I love doing this shit
I turned one pack into 4 and used that to round out for my last Shaymin
>>
>get down to 1 prize card left in less than 10mins
>opponent only has Pyroar out and nothing on his bench
>I only have basic mon
>lose game
I hate how people get rewarded for being shit
>>
File: hummm.png (268 KB, 912x592) Image search: [Google]
hummm.png
268 KB, 912x592
I'm tempted, but I just can't right now.
>>
>>25683917

>Not carrying at least 1 Hex Maniac
>>
>>25683942
I learned my lesson for sure.
I currently have two Skyla and two Lysandre, so which one should I get rid of for a Hex Maniac?
>>
>>25683963

Drop 1 Skyla for it
>>
>>25683982
thanks
>>
>>25683204
M Mewtwo and Shrine. You get the higher HP that you'd get from Belt but now you have access to a really strong attack that can OHKO very easily. Sometimes Damage Change isn't the right move to use and Scatter Shot's damage output is sad. You also have access to Mega Turbo for acceleration.

There are downsides of course. Spirit Links and M Mewtwo take up space, so you're basically building the entire deck around it. You need Shrine to use the attack. And so on.

I was thinking about taking my M Mewtwo/Shrine deck with me to states next weekend but it seems like NM is more popular now than it ever has been so I'll probably cave and just take Yveltal/Garb/Gallade.
>>
>>25683934
That's an extremely bad offer, anon.
>>
>>25683934
>1 shaymin is trade locked
Lucky bastard
>>
Whats the best value things to spend my Poke Coins on PTCGO? Packs, decks?

Also I bought a starter deck yesterday and it came with a code, does the code give me the entire deck or only the cover mon (zapdos)? Yes I'm that guy thats been shitting up the thread with noob questions, sorry.
>>
>>25684202
Really?
I would think the Flare and FA Shay and would be enough to get back what I would be giving up.
>>
>>25684335
FA Shay is only a few packs more than a reg Shay, and I've been getting reg Flareon for 2-3 on pubs. With this trade, you would lose like 5-10 packs at fair value.
>>
>>25684352
Oh, well now I'm really glad I didn't do it.
>>
File: 2016-03-23.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-23.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Which of these theme decks should I be using for the most wins?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.