[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: what the heck is a gen 1.gif (642 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
what the heck is a gen 1.gif
642 KB, 500x285
Reminder.
>>
that you like to shitpost with out of context images?
>>
Gee, it's almost like little kids who were not alive during Gen 1 watch this show
>>
>>25599701
what else would you expect from B&W?
>>25599271
>>25599357
>>
>>25599701

Gee. He's finally got to casually encounter and scan a certain pokemon which the only other time he's seen it was the one that was part of the team of annoying wannabe baddies that spammed its smokescreen and shit for almost the majority of his pokemon journey before being released forever. Damn he sure is stupid right? I disliked the BW anime too but this is the lowest hanging fruit compared to the actual dumb shit they pulled during Unova
>>
>>25599701
Reminder of what? That you're old and shouldn't care about Pokemon anymore?
>>
>>25599723
yeah i don't really blame for this, usually when a older mon show up in the anime they have his traveling partner, May, Dawn or Serena scan it but BW didn't have a traveling partner with a dex so yeah
>>
Didn't he scan something that he actually owned at one point in time?
>>
>>25600901
I think Charmander and Butterfree
>>
>>25600901
Two things, in the same episode none the less. Corphish and Buizel
>>
Most normal human beings are interested in Pokemon between the ages of 5-12 only, and these days its pushing it not to expect them to have moved on to COD and consider Pokemon "for babies" by 11.

You need to accept that liking Pokemon at this age is an autistic lifestyle.
>>
>>25599701
Reminder Ash never had a chance to scan a Koffing before that. The only other one he saw was Team Rocket's and they were always attacking.
>>
>>25601180

Can someone watch Episode 2 to and verify this shit?
>>
>>25601223
Okay Anon, but only because I love you.

(no homo)
>>
>>25601223
I did back when this episode was new and Ash was too busy worrying about Pikachu to check his Pokédex.
>>
>>25601223

No, he never scanned it. But Ash eventually knew what Koffing was and how it worked.
>>
>>25601223
Okay, >>25601252 here.

Ash didn't scan it, mostly due to the smokescreen and the injured Pikachu, I'd say.

Also, Pika-Power is bloody ridiculous.
>>
Maybe the writers forgot that James had a Koffing. I bet there is Toriyama syndrome with the staff
>>
>>25601389

>Maybe the writers forgot that James had a Koffing.

No, they just didn't want to assume the primary audience for the show was up to date on episodes that were already on re-runs before they were even born.
>>
>>25599701
>>25600901
Reminder of what? That you're retarded?

Little kids don't know what a Koffing is. Cilan and Iris didn't either. He brought up a Pokedex and saw the info. Not to mention he never scanned one.

On the other hand, it proves that you're just as dumb. Every time you catch a Pokemon you do the same. Why do you scan a Pokemon again if you already know about it?

Isn't it maybe because the Pokedex gives new information every time? Idiots.
>>
>>25601322
>Also, Pika-Power is bloody ridiculous.
PIKA PIKA CHOO CHOO, MOTHERFUCKER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAGqV_CpcGg
>>
>>25601279
Ash didn't say "what's that" when he scanned it in Unova. It was introduced as a Pokémon that had been caught in Ash's home of Kanto.
>>
He scanned a Charmander in BW.
But, I always thought he did it because he keeps getting a new dex every region, and has to fill it again.
>>
>>25601428
>Isn't it maybe because the Pokedex gives new information every time?
Not since gen 3 lmao
>>
It's not unreasonable considering new information about that Pokemon may have been discovered by Oak since he last saw it in Kanto.
>>
I like how he instantly recognized all three Charmander stages in XY. Didn't even bother scanning them.
>>
>>25604659
That's because we have Serena to scan them in XY. Since neither Cilan nor Iris were Dex holders, the burden fell on Ash to introduce Pokemon to the audience, regardless of whether he's met them before. But one thing most people fail to remember about BW is that Ash does recognize the Pokemon and then scans them for Dex purposes. It's not like he actually forgot what a Koffing was like OP's post implies
>>
>>25599717
For those of us who were around in the 90's James's first pokemon in the anime was a Koffing.
>>
>>25606845
Yes and...?
>>
>>25608394
He just means that Ash should know about Koffing already.
>>
>>25601428
Hey if they should've had some other trainer there to not recognize koffing not ash since we know story wise he's been harassed by that pokemon for 2 seasons.
>>
>>25606845

James' first pokemon was a Growlithe
>>
>>25608533
>he

anon I know a samefag when I smell one

and like I said

>context
>>
>>25599733
>Best Wishes tried to breathe new life into the series.
>People bitch and moan till they turn it back into another generic season.
>People then complain the anime is boring and predictable.
Miamoto was right.
>>
>>25608682
It's almost like those are different people you fucking spergmaster
>>
>implying this isn't the usual "let's shitpost about the anime" thread
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.