[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ekx/ Injection and Homebrew General - Iron/Browser/Menuhax are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: filename.jpg (55 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
55 KB, 500x381
>News/Important Info
-Menuhax and Browserhax are BACK, working up to 10.3! As we've learned from before, do NOT rely on browserhax exclusively because Nintendo can push an update at any time, install menuhax and/or ironhax (see under) ASAP!

-Exploitable Ironhax is downloadable again for 10.2+ users but will be taken down really really soon so rush the fuck out. Download the newest starter kit obviously, install menuhax, run it (for some reason doesn't work on other hax's) and use the "eShop - old version downloader". This is highly recommended if you don't have OoT/CN because it can't be patched.

-A lot of shit has been going on and we can expect a kernel exploit soon. As such, DON'T update if 10.4 comes. If you're on N3DS it's highly recommended to not update past 10.1 because of an exclusive exploit to it.

-CCC presentation, good watch: https://youtu.be/CzVZgdkzBn8

-eShop/NNID login only works for 10.2+

>Homebrew Flowchart, also contains useful links (CHECK THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
http://reddit.com/3vnn2v
(if you're at <=9.2 and want to do kernel/CFW stuff I recommend first going to >>>/vg/hbg instead)

>Read before requesting Pokémon
http://pastebin.com/f7gZhpU3

>PKHeX directly on the 3DS throught Homebrew Launcher (WIP)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/405302/

>PHBank, free Pokébank alternative
https://gbatemp.net/threads/398718/

>Homebrew Instalation, has instructions to install all main *haxs
https://gbatemp.net/threads/395652/
Smealum's site: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

>What is this
Inject Pokemon into your XY/ORAS game using Homebrew.

>What do I need
Any XY/ORAS game.
A PC with a SD adapter.
A way to access homebrew.
Brains.

>Instructions on how to inject and general info (DON'T BE A LAZY FAGGOT, READ THIS)
http://pastebin.com/SYAcZLNQ

http://pastebin.com/FWSxVMue (for web exploit users)

>For ROM-hacking stuff
http://pastebin.com/zmH9KsGd

If anyone tries to trick you into going to /wfg for injection, it's a troll.

Last thread: >>24889836
>>
First for thirst.
>>
>>24914075
>Exploitable Ironhax
Meant Ironfall.

Also tl;dr ont the news: Injection is available to anyone again. Now read it. :^)
>>
>>24914075
>-CCC presentation, good watch: https://youtu.be/CzVZgdkzBn8

Thanks for the vid link. I've been looking for this.
>>
File: HypeTrain.png (74 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
HypeTrain.png
74 KB, 480x320
>>24914218
To reiterate:

EVERYONE has the ability to have PERMANENT homebrew if you set up ironhax RIGHT NOW ASAP.

Do it while you can before Nintendo blocks the old Ironfall download spoof from working. They could do it literally any minute
>>
>>24914610
Can we please stop spoonfeeding the lazy pieces of shit that come here every day now?
>>
>>24914724
That's why we need to make sure they all know to setup ironhax so this can stop being Request General
>>
Do I need the newest update of ironfall?
>>
>>24914846
yes
>>
>>24914846
>update
>ironfall

Obviously no. You're downloading an outdated Ironfall for a reason.
>>
>>24914075
So if I downloaded Ironfall 1.0 way back then, never updated it and I have Ironhax for my current firmware version I have to do nothing, right?
I have been a bit out of the loop.
>>
>>24914911
yes
>>
On 9.9 on N3DS, I can't bypass the browser block to start browserhax. Should I just update?
No the bypass doesn't work.
>>
>>24915482
Have you tried with Tubehax DNS? I think I read somewhere it increases the odds of the N3DS bypass to work.

If you REALLY can't, go for it, you'll lose snshax but you'll still have memchunkhax2 which is better anyway. But it's always good to have more options.
>>
>>24915526
You got lied to. Tubehax has been patched by both Google and Nintendo
>>
>>24915540
No the DNS itself still works and is used to block Nintendo's updates. It's the hax itself that is kill.
>>
>>24915553
Not on Tube. Tubehax doesnt work without updates. Youre thinking of Browserhax
>>
File: 1433567607450.jpg (52 KB, 339x401) Image search: [Google]
1433567607450.jpg
52 KB, 339x401
>>24914075
>we can expect a kernel exploit soon.

Free shit?

Still hating myself for letting a relative borrow my 3DS and them updating past 9.2, is this my chance at redemption?
>>
>>24915802
Yes. Not directly but we'll be able to downgrade to 9.2.

Watch the presentation btw and laugh at Nintendo.
>>
>>24915870
Unless I zoned out for a bit, I don't recall them mentioning anything about the partial downgrading in the video

It was basically talking about 3DS structure and learning how to exploit it. It was pretty interesting to watch, but I didn't see any hints that we'd have a kernel exploit coming.
>>
>>24916060
Quoting for /hbg/'s OP since it's better written there:

>***Newly announced hacks aren't actually out yet, just the tools to make them happen
>-memchunkhax2 (now a WIP) is a new kernel11 exploit that works on every firmware including 10.3, and allows downgrading to 9.2 sans NAND backup.
>-SNSHAX permits New 3DS's on 10.1 or below to downgrade.
>-NTRCardHax is a kernel 9 exploit allowing piracy, but relies on special hardware like a card.
>-ARM9LOADERHAX injects a payload directly into New 3DS bootrom, but requires a way to write nand via hardware.

Also check Gateway's homepage, they've just announced upcoming 10.3 support.
>>
File: 1430693882355.jpg (131 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1430693882355.jpg
131 KB, 720x960
With PKHex, can I edit my Pokemon in my box for them to have different natures / IVs? Or do I just have to make a brand new Pokemon?
>>
>>24916390
no
>>
>>24916390
maybe
>>
>>24916390
Through Homebrew save managing, yes.

If you're still using ram2sav for whatever reason, party Pokemon can be edited, but you can save changes to the party. You'll have to set them in a box.
>>
>>24916390
i dont know
>>
>>24916176
So is this what we were waiting for, or are we waiting for something more accessible to everyone?
>>
>>24916477
We have the entrypoints and are waiting for people to develop the tools, basically. We have Steveice10 working on memchunk, the Pingo faggot working on snshax (at least it's not that important anyway), and well, there's Gateway which is very competent and once they release it can be reversed.
>>
Would like to make a request!

Diego (Heliolisk) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Level: 45
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
(Fast Ball, ultra if fast is not legal)

Thanks in advance!
>>
How can I get past events of Pokémon Shuffle?
>>
>>24917267
https://github.com/SciresM/PSSE/releases

You can't really trigger then but you can make them captured in your game with the save editor.

>>24917260
Inject yourself you lazy ass, entrypoints are available to everyone again.
>>
Wait I have a 9.5 New 3DS XL. How am I supposed to access homebrew when the time comes? I think my sister is planning to buy a New 3DS too. How will she access it? I just want to prepare for when the time comes.

I also currently have a 9.9 OG 3DS with Ironhax when it first came out. Anything I should do with that one? Thanks.
>>
>>24917924
How about you read the OP.
>>
>>24917945
It doesn't say what to do with a <10.1 New 3DS except for not update. I don't think Smealum said if you need access to homebrew or any other preparations before his kernel exploit release or not.
>>
>>24917965
>Homebrew Flowchart, also contains useful links (CHECK THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
>http://reddit.com/3vnn2v

Get browserhax, install menuhax, use old e-shop to download 1.0 Ironfall, install ironhax.
>>
N3DS 10.3 with menuhax

Now I just wait and don't let it update, correct?
>>
>>24918246
You can also install ironfall so you have more entry points to homebrew launcher.
>>
Does anyone know anything about the Rumble World save editor?

I keep trying to modify one of my Pokemon's traits and attack power, but when I load the save the attack power doesn't change and it gives them random traits instead of the ones I've chosen.
>>
I'm reading the guide to injecting. When it says "save changes and replace old "main" with the edited one in your SD cart," Does that mean I save the PKHeX file onto the main file? I'm not really a tech person.
>>
>>24918246
Install ironhax since it'll last forever, unlike menuhax
>>
>>24919354
Saving "main" is saving the entire save file, and replacing "main" is replacing the old save file before you made changes. Go to the "Other" tab and find "Export .SAV"
>>
>>24919354
Choose export Sav and just overwrite the main file you started with
>>
>>24914075
Where can i download the newest version of Pokemon Red ++?
>>
i am have problem
i have two custom themes, theme a and theme b
when i install theme a, there's no problem but when i install theme b, it plays the music from theme a and i can't get it to work right, what do?
also is there a way to shuffle legitimate and custom themes?
>>
>>24920217
1. Don't know, there may be a problem with the bcstm of the second theme.

2. You'll have to "pirate" the legitimate theme, because you should never use the official theme changer. If you do own it, you can extract with 3dsextdatatool, there may be a guide somewhere. Or you can just download it, /hbg/ has some huge Mega folders with all official themes from all regions in body_LZ/bcstm format.
>>
>>24920255
the theme was working completely fine some months ago and i could change between the two with no problems
>>
>>24920282
I do know kickass 2.0 brought some problems to CHMM2, idk if they were ever fixed completely. What theme changer are you using, and what did you use back then?

I haven't used CHMM(2) in a while thanks to menuhax supporting them.
>>
>>24920291
i'm just using the default starter pack, is there a way to shuffle pirated themes?
also i fixed it, i set it to not use a theme and then reinstalled the one i wanted
>>
Just got BrowserHax to work, should I install IronHAX or OOThax?
>>
>>24920405
both
>>
>>24920310
Yeah, CHMM2 can shuffle up to 10 themes. It uses code execution though, so I don't know if it works/has been ported to 10.2+ which uses shufflehax.

While I used it in 10.1 it also had an issue with the bgms not looping.

I really have no idea how things are now though, you'll have to adventure yourself.
>>
>>24920405
It never hurts to have as many entry points as possible. Keep in mind, due to the savedata file size for 2.5, you won't be able to play OOT anymore as you won't be able to create a new game.

But Ironhax is pretty much guaranteed to always work, much like Ninjahax.
>>
picross hacks when
>>
Someone mentioned downgrading to 9.2. Is this currently possible?
>>
>>24920765
Soon(TM).
>>
>>24920738
As soon as we can run savedatafiler when the firmware "downgrade" exploit comes out.

I want 65535 picrites too, I haven't played in weeks after being paywalled in area 8
>>
>>24921068
So svdt can't work with it? I haven't bothered with anything in the game.
>>
>>24921137
Nope. Apparently a lot of newer games won't work with svdt due to a new save encryption. Apparently it can be fixed if and when smealum uploads the hax payloads to work with the new encryption.
>>
How can I tell what version of Ironfall I have? I downloaded it just now with the eshop old version downloader, but when I go to install ironhax it says the version is incompatible.
>>
File: nosurvivors.png (17 KB, 198x195) Image search: [Google]
nosurvivors.png
17 KB, 198x195
>>24921404
>tfw have digital SMD and I'm afraid of losing my save

I hope the memchunk downgrade won't break the saves so I can savedatafiler them, or some update comes up. I really don't want to lose my save, I'm so autistic with PMD.
>>
>>24921524
I'm pretty sure the new Ironfall has a different icon.
>>
>>24921644
Deleted it and tried downloading again through the old eshop and I'm still getting the updated version I think. It doesn't have any message about needing to update and the ironhax installer doesn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

It's still possible to get the old version of Ironfall through the old eshop, right?
>>
>>24921633
I just hope svdt will work when "Z" comes out
>>
>>24921669
Yea you can still download it more than likely.

What I just remembered from back in August(?) was that you actually had to start up IronFall at least once before you could install ironhax. I'm positive it's still the same, so make sure you do so if you've encountered instillation errors
>>
File: do want.png (353 KB, 531x649) Image search: [Google]
do want.png
353 KB, 531x649
Big thanks to whoever discovered the temporary exploit. I got it working and can finally gen fucktons of presents for people with pkhex on my own.
>>
Anyone got a pk6 file for the McDonalds Hoopa?
>>
>>24922012
Just grab the .wc6 file in ProjectPokemon and drag into PKHeX, the latest version converts it.
>>
custom badges when?
>>
>>24922087
If you're referring to Badge Arcade, literally a week after it was released. :^)
>>
Can someone help me figure out how to gen a Shedinja that can be wonder traded?

I've checked everything and I can't figure out what's keeping me from sending a box of these little shits out.

LV 100, Pokeball, legal ability, focus sash, met at lv. 20, no nickname, shiny, all normal moves. Memories should be good too.
>>
>>24922113
how do i get them?
>>
>>24922167
Export the QR and upload it here or the .pk6 file, that info isn't enough.

>>24922175
Google.
>>
File: bug jesus.png (22 KB, 368x416) Image search: [Google]
bug jesus.png
22 KB, 368x416
>>24922167
>>24922178
>>
>>24922192
Well that's not how Shedinja works, when it gets separated from Ninjask it's basically a Ninjask clone, meaning their met data will be the same.

Since it's a bred Shedinja, put met at lv. 1, received by Daycare Helpers and it should work.
>>
>>24922205
Did that, tried twice...first time, it showed an error message, then it was back to "we could not find a trade partner for you" :(
>>
>>24922393

You could just try altering a Shedinja.
>>
>>24922393
Yeah, that was a quick check but I just realized the relearn moves were also very wrong. Remove everything.

Also did you mark the As Egg condition and put the Daycare Helpers there right?
>>
File: file.png (16 KB, 365x415) Image search: [Google]
file.png
16 KB, 365x415
>>24922393
>>24922409
Since I'm going to sleep now, this QR should work (copy link, alt+"QR!" to import), it's edited over another Shedinja.
>>
>>24922409
Check, check, check. Couldn't even link trade the little shit.

>>24922402
Attempting this
>>
>>24922460
oh sweet! Thanks anon, I'll try this one
>>
File: Pokemon_Special_ORAS_c02_p005.png (511 KB, 777x365) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Special_ORAS_c02_p005.png
511 KB, 777x365
>>24922460
Wow, not even that worked. Gonna attempt to edit a different shedinja I guess.
>>
Got a lv100 shedinja off the gts and just changed the name. Voila, finally tradeable. Thank you to everyone who tried to help though <3
>>
>>24921967
The problem for me is definitely that it's downloading the updated Ironfall since it doesn't have the update prompt and ironhax installer is telling me it's not compatible. I downloaded the starter kit and replaced all the stuff on my SD card but I must still have something wrong somewhere.

I might try fiddling with it more or I might not. I already have OoThax set up, but I just figured it would be nice to have an extra entry and one that didn't require a cartridge, but I guess menuhax works as that for now.
>>
>>24922891
And you're positive you're using the app labeled "old eShop"? Are you finding ironfall through the search bar? Have you completely deleted all data relating to the new version of Ironfall before trying to install the old ironfall?
>>
>>24923407
Im not >>24922891 but have a similar issue, I can launch BrowserHAX and select the old e-shop, but I just get the loading screen forever.
Is that meant to take ages to load or am I missing something? (Old 3DS with lastest firmware).
>>
>>24923440

Use Browserhax to install menuhax. Open old shop with MENUHAX.
>>
I just got OoT3D, if I install hax with it can I still play the game?
>>
>>24923485
no
>>
For all you people that are having trouble installing ironhax, make sure you've booted up Ironfall and started a save file. Ironhax requires a started save file to work. You don't have to play at all, just have an occupied save slot.
>>
Just installed homebrew. What can I exactly do with it? I know about themes and editing games (installing an ORAS hack right now), but nothing else. Can someone summarise it for me, familia?
>>
Anybody played Rutile Ruby / Star Sapphrie hacks? Is there a better ORAS hack?
>>
>>24924271
Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire is the only other ORAS hack I've heard of. I've heard they're both good, but I don't know which is better since I haven't played either.

What I want to know is if there are any XY hacks that don't look as shitty as Neo XY.
>>
>>24923440
Browserhax isn't good, and should only be used as a first level entry point to install something better. Set up menuhax then try instilling ironhax

>>24923485
No, just install ironhax instead
>>
>>24923690
You don't have to make a save, just booting the game to menu works fine
>>
>>24924259
GameBoy emulation is flawless.

Super Nintendo emulation is great, but some roms still don't work.

NES, last I checked, the emulator was slightly slow on the old 3DS, but still totally playable. You only notice the lag if you have sound on, or if you're really used to playing the games in full speed. You can speed it up to perfection on an N3DS

GBA emulation is absolutely unplayable on an old 3DS. Works fine on N3DS

I wish we had more developers fixing the current issues with the emulators, as well as make other systems to emulate for. I'd love to play Genesis games on my 3DS
>>
I'm having an issue that I'm not sure about.

I was trying to set up menuhax on my brother's old 3ds running latest firmware, but it won't work. Whether I open homebrew through browserhax or oot3dhax, when I choose to install menuhax it immediately says it didn't work and only lets me exit.

This isn't a big issue since I just used oot3dhax to set up and install ironhax, but is this an issue others have had? Or does anyone know what went wrong?
>>
>>24924659
Try entering the theme settings then installing. You may want to change the theme just for extra measure
>>
I installed menuhax and have that working, but when I try installing Ironfall from the old eshop downloader, it just gives me the updated one. Any way to fix this?
>>
>>24924942
You can only get the outdated Ironfall via Browserhax
>>
>>24925262
Bullshit
>>
Jackass here, never downloaded Ironfall, is Ironhax impossible for me?
>>
Has anyone used the old eShop spoof with Mashers Gridlauncher? I'm on 10.3 U28
>>
>>24925749
Oh my god, read the fucking OP. Your answer is there
>>
Is it too late to download the old version of Ironfall on 10.3 using the "eShop - old version downloader"?
>>
Whenever I go into the browser to use browserhax it says that the browser can't be used at this time. What the fuck is going on? Do I have to set the DNS mentioned in both the primary and secondary slots?
>>
how can people still be having trouble with this?

1) Put this in the root of your SD card http://smealum.github.io/3ds/#prepare
2) Scan this QR code to activate browserhax http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
3) When you are in browserhax, install menuhax
4) When you install menuhax, turn your 3DS off and then back on and hold the L button while doing it to enter menuhax
5) Go download Ironfall from the Old Version E-Shop
6) Run Ironfall, do not update it. Run it at least up until the main menu.
7) Turn your shit back off and then back on and go into menuhax again, and install ironhax

That's it. Literally that easy. No excuses.
>>
>>24925991
The browser isn't working, fuckwad. I put the DNS from the gbatemp thread in and now the browser refuses to work. It specifically tells me that it's not working and kicks me back into the HOME menu.
>>
>>24926015

Then change it back, fuckwad.
>>
>>24926026
Thanks for the suggestion, fuckwad, now it's working. Apparently the fuckwad who suggested changing the DNS was a fuckwad.
But now I don't see an option to install menuhax, all it's got is the region-free launcher. Am I a fuckwad or did something go wrong?
>>
>>24926066

If literally all you see is the region-free launcher you fucked up somewhere along the line in putting the shit on your SD card. Alternatively you could just try going into browserhax again but it's probably the first one.
>>
>>24925911
It most likely still works. Hurry and do it while you can though
>>
>>24926015
If your firmware is 9.9 to 10.1, Nintendo has blocked the browser until you update. If you are on Old3ds, go ahead and update. If N3ds, you can try the bypass. If it doesn't work, go ahead and update.

In any case, read the OP's homebrew flowchart.
>>
>>24926091
Already updated, the problem was solved, I didn't need the DNS from the gbatemp thread at all.

>>24926087
>go to smealum's site
>find out there's another folder I have to download that was not mentioned in the gbatemp thread at all
For fuck's sake, could that fucking thread be any less helpful? Christ.
>>
Does anyone have a link to an archive of .pkm files for Little Cup/NFE Pokemon?
>>
>3863 blocks needed to download Ironfall
For God's sake, I already took up a bunch of space with the other exploits. I just want to keep my games.
>>
>>24926431

We all make sacrifices. I had to delete Phoenix Wright 5 for this.
>>
>>24926452
I feel for you, I did that once before. I hope you made a backup. And didn't delete the DLC, arguably one of the best cases in the game.
>>
>>24926431
>not having a 32gb SD
They're line $10 these days, it's worth the purchase
>>
>make room for Ironfall
>suddenly menuhax stops working
>try redownloading via browserhax
>doesn't work
what
>>
>>24926499
Did you change your theme?
>>
>>24926543
Yes. Didn't think that would affect anything. My bad.
>>
>>24926552
Jus reinstall menuhax then.
You have to change your theme via the menuhax installer if you use a standard color theme. If you use a downloaded theme, I think you need to install it as a custom theme, but I'm not sure as I only use a color theme. Someone else should know.
>>
>>24926581
>>24926552
Well if you're installing ironhax, you won't have to worry about menuhax afterwards. You can just reset your theme normally in that case
>>
File: image.png (106 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
106 KB, 480x360
>>24926581
>pay for themes pre-hax
>can't even use them normally after hax
>hax can run custom themes not even in the Theme Shop but won't even let you run paid themes normally
>>
>>24926612
It's just for menuhax, thankfully. It's a flaw, but at least you can instal ironhax and not have to worry about menuhax afterwards
>>
You fags need to fix your OP again.

Lots of unnecessary text about 3DS hacking that doesn't really apply to "injection" or save editing.
>>
>>24926723
You need to know shit about the 3DS exploits to get the Pokémon exploits to work, dumbass.
>>
>>24926612
If you paid for themes you can extract them with CHMM2 and then use them for themehax.
>>
Am I going to have to constantly run the eShop through homebrew so I don't get banned from services, or is it safe to just boot the regular HOME menu and use the eShop?
>>
>>24926612
>paying for themes anyway
>>
>>24926774
You need to be on the latest firmware to use the eshop. Usually if you're running hacks you won't be on the latest firmware .
>>
>>24927365
Doesn't ironhax allow you to update and still work?
>>
>>24926774
You're totally safe. They can't tell what's on your 3DS or how you obtain things, so they can never ban for using Homebrew
>>
>>24927478
Yes, just make sure you install/reinstall ironhax by selecting the flattest firmware before you update. As of right now however, since themehax and browserhax are working on current firmware, you don't have to worry about that at the moment.
>>
btw, is there a particular site where all 3DS themes are uploaded? I want those RGBY themes when they come out in Japan
>>
>>24927600
There used to be a really good one, but the URL is currently for sale.
>>
>>24927550
I thought there were reports of eShop bans for having SciresM's exploits in your SD Card after the browser was patched. I guess those were exaggerated.
>>
>>24927600
I am also curious if anyone knows a good place to download eShop themes?
>>
Hi, please could I have this?

Milotic (F) @ Prism Scale
Ability: Marvel Scale
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam

3DS ID: 122102086788

Thanks
>>
>>24930864
Inject yourself faggot, hacks are available to everyone again.
>>
>>24930899

I have 9.0 CFW (using the browser) but the things in the OP seemed to specify Homebrew or not browserhax
>>
>>24930953
Fuck then it's even easier to you. QR codes use spider which works on 9.0, and you also have savedatafiler.
>>
>>24930957

I have PKHex on my PC but I can't work out how to get my saves off my console.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37269-X-Y-Save-File-Research&p=183148&viewfull=1#post183148

seems convoluted as fuck for just taking a file out of my console
>>
>>24930972
Lol you're completely lost. That's not even relevant anymore, that was the first method of partially decrypting the saves when Powersaves was still relevant.

You should be using savedatafiler if you're at 9.0. Check >>>/vg/hbg OP.

I also think you should be able to inject with QR codes, PKHeX can export them so you just have the game running in background, hit Home, call the camera with L+R, scan the QR and wait for the browser to crash, the mon should appear in box 1 slot 1. That only works in sysnand though.

Oh and you can also install a CIA to launch Homebrew Launcher: https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases and follow the instructions from here

Savedatafiler is the best option though.
>>
>>24931005

Ok, thanks for the info. I assume I'm going to follow http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/287049-How-to-use-SaveDataFiler for this.
I basically just launch savedaterfiler, find the save, press Y to export my save as a file.

Where will this file be located?
Will my game have to be running or off during this?
And the guide doesn't make it clear (to me anyway) how I import my save back in. I assume I copy it back to my SD card but I don't know how to put it back in my game

I can't find Savedaterfiler on google, just links explaining how to use it, and it's not in the OP, does anyone have a link to the most recent version?
>>
>>24931045
Follow this, it's in one of /vg/hbg's OP: http://pastebin.com/T6ZRxPYW

I can't really help and I think most people here as well because most of us just use homebrew. If you need more assistance you'd probably be more helped at >>>/vg/hbg
>>
>>24931045
once you export it with SDF just put your SD card in your computer, then open PKHeX. PKHeX automatically finds the save :^)
>>
I want to edit my save but PKhex names the save after the Pokemon I have open, is it only saving for that Pokemon? And how do I put new Pokemon in?
>>
Alright, I've saved my .pk6 but I have no idea where to put it. The guide says to replace the "main" file in the filer folder but there's two folders, which files do I put where? Also the "main" file is not a .pk6. I'm lost.
>>
>>24931329
You have to open the "main" in PKHeX and put the pokémon in your boxes. Pk6 is just an individual pokémon. You can drag them in your boxes.

Then you export the file.
>>
>>24931306
File -> Save just exports the current pokemon file as a pk6

If you want to export the save, you need to open the box interface, open the SAV tab, then hit Export Sav

Did you open up the save that you exported from Homebrew onto your SD card? Just make/edit the pokemon you want, drag&drop it into one of your boxes, then export the save.
>>
>>24931369

Ahh, ok, thanks, I'll try that.
>>
>>24931369
>>24931378

And now my save is ready to go? After I import it in savedaterfiler it's good to go? What about the securevalue?
>>
>>24931433
Secure values shouldn't be an issue if you didn't save in-game after you made the backup.
>>
>>24927816
That website only hosted custom themes made by random people online. As far as I can tell, this website has replaced it:

https://3dsthem.es/

>>24927600
>>24929002

If you want themes that were in the Nintendo Theme Shop, you can go here:

http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/267095-mega-official-themes-chmm-region-free-29-12-15-theme-shuffle-support.html
>>
File: image.png (122 KB, 400x482) Image search: [Google]
image.png
122 KB, 400x482
>>24931952
Kek
>>
File: 1395037050210.jpg (69 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1395037050210.jpg
69 KB, 275x275
>>24932665
Haha oh wow, been forever since I saw that copypasta story
>>
>>24932865
>>24932665
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F4gG7rXw1s
>>
9.2 reversion when? If I get one of those RGBY 2DS from Japan, would I be able to convert it to English?
>>
>>24932905
>-F4gG7
even youtube is mocking the guy
>>
Guys, I fucked up by putting the starter pack on the default 4GB MicroSD card. If I now want to change the SD card to something larger, I just have to transfer everything from old to new card right? No need to reinstall any access points?
>>
>>24933494
yes
>>
What is the encryption constant on PKHEX? Is it important?
>>
>>24934000
Just randomise it when your done with a creation.
>>
>>24934000
no
>>
>tfw no tiny screwdriver
I guess I wont be putting hax on my N3DSXL after all.
>>
>>24934076
literally $2
>>
>>24934000
You only need to worry about randomizing it if you created a Pokemon from scratch. Otherwise, you don't have worry about it if you don't want to. Same with PID
>>
>try to download theme from themeshop

"An update is available for content you have previously downloaded. Do you want to update now?

You won't be able to acquire later updates or DLC for this content until you perform this update"

Oh well. Does anyone have the MEGA link with all the themes?

Also, this means we will be able to pirate soon? I'll never pay for games again?

I'll be able to play Z without giving them money they don't deserve?
>>
>>24934139
>Same with PID
incorrect, you should always reroll PID if you changed anything intrinsic on a pokemon (IVs, met, nature etc)
>>
>>24934000
nice trips

for mons from gen3-5 the Encryption Constant should match the PID; except in rare cases where 8<=PSV^TSV<16, in which it is xored by 0x80000000 (PKHeX does this for you).

however, nintendo does not give a shit... the Encryption Constant doesn't matter.
>>
>>24934000
What >>24934188 said.
It also determines Spinda's spot patterns.
>>
Im still on 10.1.0-27u. I used to use Tubehax foe a while but then it got changed.
Ironman is still available now, right? I can do it when I get home?
>>
Trying to set up browserhax on my N3DS (10.3.0-28u), and I'm getting the touchscreen to go yellow, and then grey. However, it's crashing an awful lot. Yes, I read the FAQ and know that browserhax has a tendency to crash a lot. However, does the "touchscreen going yellow" bit mean that I'm doing it right?
>>
>>24934145
https://mega.co.nz/#F!1MIkEbiL!7JQ1DZ1pUEPXvlw7Hbwshg
>>
>>24934180
As of Gen6, PID only correlates with shininess. It doesn't matter otherwise.
>>
>>24934563

So do I have to reroll for shinies?
>>
>>24934342
Yah, just keep trying. Set up menuhax then ironhax asap when you get browserhax up

>>24934227
You mean IronFall, but yes. You need to update to 10.3 for the eShop first, so do it quick
>>
>>24934588
You can just hit the star next to the PID to make it shiny. If you reroll a shiny, it'll become non shiny, but you can easily just click the star to make it shiny again
>>
>>24934591
Wait, do we need to redownload IronFall if we intend to use ironhax? I honestly can't remember if mine is updated or not; it's asking me to update it whenever I run it.
>>
>>24934588
>>24934607

But to directly answer the question, no you don't NEED to reroll the PID, whether shiny or not. As long as th PID of a shiny is still the same, it's fine.

I always reroll PID and EC as an old Gen5 habit, but it not necessary. If you do so, just make sure you hit the star if you reroll a shiny
>>
>>24934621
If it's asking you to update, you have the old version. You're fine.
>>
>>24934654
That's good news. Now to actually get browserhax to work.
STOP CRASHING
>>
>>24934663
Browserhax is fucking awful. It's only good as a first level entry point to allow you to setup something better.

Anyway, go to the browser options and clear all data. I think it's called "initialize save data"
That should help
>>
>>24934693
Pardon my ignorance, but is that the "Reset Save Data" option under Settings in the web browser? I don't really fancy getting rid of my favorites, but I suppose I could if needed.
>>
>>24934765
Didn't know anyone actual used the 3DS web browser, but yeah, you'll have to let go of your bookmarks. I guess just take note of them and put them back after you get menuhax setup with browserhax
>>
>>24934765
Oh, and yes, it's under the options you find when using the browser
>>
I'm on 3ds 10.3 28 or whatever and when I click on the old eshop thing in browserhax it gets stuck loading forever. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>24934868
Install menuhax with browserhax, then use menuhax to get on the old eShop. Broswerhax is shit and doesn't work well
>>
I'm reading all this but it's still confusing as fuck
>>
Can Latios from AS be caught in a Great Ball?
>>
>>24934591
So I've updated to 10.3, and it says I have to install browserhax to get ironhax, but I can't get Browserhax on my 10.3, can I?
>>
>>24935073
Yes, you can
browserhax is back
>>
Are there any decent X/Y hacks or do I have to finally get around to buying ORAS for Dray's hack.
>>
>>24935092
ah, ok. Sorry, I'm still trying to comprehend these steps. I'm trying to go to the exploit page after initializing my browser, but the pages say they aren't valid on the 3ds' browser.
>>
>>24935062
Are you serious? A Latios from AS can be caught when obtaining the Eon Ticket, so of course you can use any fucking ball to capture him
>>
>>24935109
I don't remember anything about ORAS, my bad. Thanks for the answer
>>
>>24935060
It's not that hard... Just take it one step at a time. Get browserhax up to install menuhax. Then never use browserhax again. Use menuhax to download the old ironfall and install ironhax. Menuhax won't work on next firmware update, but ironhax works forever.
>>
>>24935106
oh, never mind, this was easier than it looked.
I'm doing the old eshop now, waiting for it to finish so I can DL Ironfall
>>
>>24935192
ok so the old eShop gets stuck when I go through homebrew. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>24935404
Are you trying to do it through browserhax? I've heard you need to run the old eShop through menuhax, so try installing that first.
>>
>>24935430
OH, so get Menuhax through Browserhax, and then the Eshop through Menuhax?
>>
>>24935439
Yeah, try that. It was working for other people I know.
>>
Pardon my imposing, but I have an event tomorrow I'm trying to get my homebrew up and running. In the meantime though, would someone be kind enough to do up 2 legend pokemon? I wouldnt waste your time with shit I could breed
>>
>>24935439
Can confirm this is what I had to do earlier and got Ironhax installed now.
>>
Question. Can I get rid of Menuhax/Browserhax if I already have Ironhax installed?
>>
>>24936008
all browserhax uses is boot.3dsx which is what menuhax and ironhax and every other has use, and you should leave menuhax on as a backup entrypoint
>>
>>24936020
Ah ok. I'll just leave everything alone then.
>>
>>24935471
it only takes 5-10 mins to get the homebrew up and running......
>>
>>24936008
All browserhax is good for is a first level entry point to allow you to set up something better. Now that you have menuhax and ironhax, there's no reason to ever touch browserhax again. Note that menuhax will more than likely be patched with the next firmware update, so ironhax will be your long term Homebrew entry point. But for now, there's no reason. Not to use menuhax. The L trigger bootup is much more convenient.
>>
>>24936631
>there's no reason not to use menuhax.
Fuck autocorrect
>>
>spend an hour finally setting up Neo X/Y
>the story dialogue has all been changed to be "more mature"
>game starts with mother belitting you, swearing, and talking about drinking vodka for breakfast

I guess it's time to give in and buy OR/AS

>>24936631
Also if you have Ocarina of Time I recommend setting up OoThax as a backup if for some reason your SD card ever fails or you delete Ironfall for some reason. I like having a physical cart hax option should I ever need it.
>>
>>24937141
>buy ORAS

Just wait for the downgrade exploit, set up a CFW and pirate it. ORAS is shit and you shouldn't be supporting it.
>>
>>24937156
Yeah I don't care for Gen 3, but probably be waiting for awhile from the sounds of it and the only decent romhacks being made for 3DS games is for ORAS.

Why couldn't Dray make an X/Y hack at least?
>>
Are there any decent Gen 6 ROMhacks I can install with HANS?
>>
>>24937413
There's only Neo X/Y. It's passable.

ORAS has two, one by Drayano which is really well done but not as good as his HGSS and BW2 hacks, and another I haven't tried yet.
>>
Do any of the GBA Pokemon titles run well with an emulator on old 3DS? I've no reason to buy a New 3DS and I'm not going to do it just for GBA emulation.
>>
>>24937454
No. They cap at 20 FPS with sound delay
>>
>>24934076
You can do it wirelessly you dumb cunt
>>
>>24933509
You're good. You can just move the files over. I did it recently and everything works well.
>>
>>24937454
The GBA emulation is so laggy, it's basically unplayable
>>
>>24937474
>>24937581
Oh well, I'll just have to live with emulating GBA titles on PC.
>>
Saw this on /v/.
>>>/v/322491869

Is this true, have we been hyping up nothing?
>>
>>24937850
Be patient. That did catch us off guard but it's too early to jump to conclusions, people shouldn't even be rushing like this to brick their shit yet.

Well, on the bright side, since legit CIA installation is already possible, we can at least pirate games from previous 3DS bundles such as MK7.
>>
>>24937873
You mean just changing the firmware to one with a pre-installed game on it? Is there a list of games that came from those?
>>
>>24937873
Tutorial?
>>
>>24934531
Thanks.
>>
Been a long time since I installed themes. How do I get the music to work? It's still running the music from my old theme, how do I fix this?
>>
>>24938104
Fixed it, changed to the stock Black theme and installed then.
>>
So is Neo XY worth the time?
>>
does this hack works on old 3ds? or only on new 3ds?
>>
>>24938263
Both.
>>
>>24938451
ok thanks. but for some reason i cant install menuhax. and when trying to open the old eshop it loads forever. plz help.
>>
>>24938251
No. It's fun and quite challenging, but the writing gave me cancer. It's also poorly done, with several NPCs not even having dialog, and a really shitty forced plot.

It does have quite the selection of battle types and almost all Pokémon have improved movesets and typing, and most also have their HAs already, and Megastones are easy to find, at the cost of your opponents also having Megas.

I'd give it a 7/10.
>>
>>24938687

How bad is the writing? Examples?
>>
>>24938710
Oooh boy.

First off, your mom sends you to get the fuck out, talks about how she wants to ge laid and explicitly drinks Vodka and is wasted.

She is also fucking Sycamore.

Oh, and don't even get your hopes up with the Kanto starters. Due to the level curve being greater, you'll get them at level 10 when you are mid 20s.

Oh, also, Kalos is some sort of dictature and Diantha is le bad president.
>>
>>24938743

That sounds hilarious. Is everyone edgy? Like your friends?
>>
>>24938794
I'll be honest, can't really remember.

Also, sometimes people that challenge you warn you about "that kid following you" then your rivals fight you.

It's really shitty.
>>
9.2 is Happening on O3DS!!
>>
>>24938929
>>24938929
No it isn't, it was all a ruse and all who downgraded fucked up.
>>
>>24937492
wow rude
>>
>>24939025
lel nice troll m8, downgrading actually works now
>>>/vg/127369352
>>
Can I use injection through the Homebrew Loader?
>>
>>24939257
yes, use save_manager/svdt homebrew apps.
>>
>>24938743
>>24938687
Seems worth it to me. Thanks anon
>>
>>24939145
Does it literally return your 3DS to 9.2, or it just spoofs certain things to act as if it were 9.2?
>>
>>24939145
Well shit, I stand corrected.

HYPE.

>>24939816
Return to 9.2, from which you can pirate shit.
>>
technically we should all go on /vg/ first so we can downgrade to 9.0/9.2 for custom firmware and getting back web injection.
>>
>>24939999
holy fucking shit i didnt expect to get that post number. not even using scripts what the fuck
>>
>>24939257
just >>>>>>>/downgrade/ and install exploitable web browser on emuNAND and inject with QR codes again.
>>
>>24939816
>>24939850
And a reminder for everyone to then install emunand with rxTools after you downgrade back to 9.2, so you can be on emunand 10.3
>>
>>24940100
i feel like we should be on /vg/
r we /ekxhbg/ now?
>>
>>24940139
You should.

Can someone please gen me a galileo rayquaza?
>>
.cia downloads where?

3dsiso's upload links got removed
>>
>>24940236
try to google Mega3ds roms
>>
Is there an easy way to test if the pokemon you injected are legal?

I had some issues with not being able to trade/battle with some due to dumb mistakes and I fixed like 97% of them.

I've been "testing" legality by putting my genned pokemon through Wonder Trade since it's, as far as I can tell, the quickest way to check. If it's good, it goes through, if it's bad, you don't find a partner.

Any suggestions?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.