[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fake TCG General #6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: B3LLaKB.png (410 KB, 567x789) Image search: [Google]
B3LLaKB.png
410 KB, 567x789
Previous Thread:>>24823348

Welcome to the /vp/ fake TCG set general. we are going to work hard to create a fake TCG set featuring real Pokemon (no meme cards) in the spirit of the actual game. Anyone's welcome to join!

>Can I contribute?
Absolutely. Choose a Pokemon from the below list of Pokemon who are slated to appear and get started! Either make a mockup or just post the card's text. We're also looking for Trainer and Special Energy card designs.

>What should I know before contributing?
This set is meant to be a stand-alone series, not to interact with any existing metagame. The general power scale is currently up for grabs. Our main goal is that every Pokemon, including evolving basics, serve a purpose. For example, even Pokemon like Caterpie should have an effect like searching for more Caterpie or drawing a card, rather than simply "C - Tackle 10".

At the moment, we are preparing to test our first cube using LackeyCCG.

>Are these cards final?
No. Once we get a decent number of contributions, including at least one of each Pokemon appearing in the set, we'll move on to the testing phase (details about how you can help will be outlined in the future). During this process, it will be decided which cards will make the cut. Some cards will be modified for balance reasons, while others will likely need to be omitted completely. Once the cards are finalized, they will be remade using a unified template and given proper artwork (all artwork on mock-ups in this thread are assumed to be placeholders unless otherwise specified). Effect wording will also be cleaned up for the final draft.

RESOURCES:
Card rough draft galleries:
http://imgur.com/a/bfwMd/all http://imgur.com/a/VpQqY/all

For card drafts: http://www.pokecard.net/ (old style)
or http://pokemoncardmaker.org/ (new style)
resources for making cards in Photo-editing software: http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/
Tips and tricks: http://pastebin.com/wvkMNzeq
>>
At the moment, we are testing cards using LackeyCCG
http://www.lackeyccg.com/downloads.html
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/145755856/pokemon/updatelist.txt (paste into Lackey)

Pastebin with useful links:
http://pastebin.com/Pbczhu1v
>>
>putting a card as the OP image instead of a Lackey screencap
It's bad enough people don't realize that we're into the testing period.
>>
>>24869205
Why does feraligatr's ability always have to be worse that tyranitar's?
>>
>>24872354
My process with the emergency nerfs is "read what the problem is, then slap a nerf on it". I rarely pay attention to the exact changes people want, unless it's something like Celebi. These changes are only implemented to get rid of blatantly overpowered cards that interfere with testing.

Once the next update is out, I'm not doing any more emergency nerfs. Everything from that point on will be done with polls.
>>
>>24872354
T-tar's gonna get nerfed, it's pretty annoying to go up against.
>>
>>24872471
I couldn't decide how to nerf that card, so expect to variants of it in the next patch. One version has a slightly weaker sandstorm and a nerfed attack, while the other keeps the attack and replaces Sandstorm with a cheap "place damage counters" attack. I felt the later was a bigger change than I was comfortable making without a vote, so I added it in addition to the other nerf. People can keep whichever version they want.
>>
>>24872471
A suggested nerf was that ttar only places on the active while sitting in the active slot. Nerfing gator to have to sit in the active to place 1 counter hurts it a lot. It doesn't have an attack that benefits from its ability like ttar does. Also, I haven't seen a gator deck outside the one where it sat on the bench while dragalge locked down the opponent.
>>
File: 0GrassEnergy.jpg (55 KB, 428x616) Image search: [Google]
0GrassEnergy.jpg
55 KB, 428x616
Is this an okay template for energies?
>>
>>24873145
It's fine, but where did you get that forest photo? is it a stock image?
>>
>>24873145
I feel like the name just being in the corner is a bit too minimalistic for its own good.
>>
>>24873145
Use the file-folder shape of the Trainer Cards.
>>
>>24873191

I'm not sure, but this is just a mock-up to show the layout. If people approve of the layout I don't mind finding or creating art that isn't copyrighted.
>>
>>24873199
>>24873213

Energies tend to be very simple. I'm also thinking about readability on Lackey, because it's currently difficult to see some energies when they are stacked.
>>
File: 032(2).jpg (47 KB, 428x616) Image search: [Google]
032(2).jpg
47 KB, 428x616
This krabby needs to be looked at in the update. The current wording cancels the entire attack if it would do any damage to the bench.

Also, can rainbow change types to trigger laverre on something like an [L] attack?
>>
File: createcard (1).jpg (277 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
createcard (1).jpg
277 KB, 474x659
>>24873285
bam, fixed
>>
File: createcard (2).jpg (276 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
createcard (2).jpg
276 KB, 474x659
>>24873333
actually, i can make the wording better.
>>
>>24873333
>changing the weakness
>no x2
>>
>>24873341
Kingler's weakness is G too
>>
>>24873285
I designed it that way deliberately

occasionally it would be more useful not to evolve it

that was a tenet of this set, right?
>>
Thoughts on these Togei line pics?

http://orig12.deviantart.net/3a59/f/2010/339/7/0/pokestream__togepi_by_pettyartist-d3490po.png

http://img03.deviantart.net/8285/i/2012/033/5/1/togetic_by_kipinwolf-d4oe1pb.png

http://img10.deviantart.net/f263/i/2012/020/5/b/togekiss_by_lalindaaa-d4n1fll.jpg
>>
>>24873340
20 damage for 1 energy is too strong for a Basic. In Base set only Machop and Staryu were able to do that. Fix Vicegrip to 10 damage and it'll be okay.
>>
>>24874233
Though a 10 attack for W would be pretty weak. If you want it to be 10 it should cost C.
>>
>>24874179
I like these.
>>
>>24874179
Did you draw those?
>>
>>24874934
They look like they're from different (notable) artists, so probably not.

We're looking for original art for these cards, not trying to sound mean here.
>>
>>24873851
Krabby is way too strong for a basic that evolves into an even stronger pokemon. With rain up, it does either 30 for 1 or 40 for 2 and has a chance of immunity,
>>
Version 1.1:
>Fixed an error where cards would get huge after flipping them over
>nerfed a bunch of shit
>forgot to nerf other shit
>Added Victini
>Added Potion and Tyranitar
>Fixes from the last update will now install automatically

From now on, you're on your own as far as balance goes.
>>
File: krabby.jpg (250 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
krabby.jpg
250 KB, 474x659
Better?
>>
>>24874233
Why is 20 damage for 1 Energy too strong? It takes 2-3 turns to kill an opposing Basic and definitely can't carry against Evolutions.
>>
File: Krabby V2.jpg (246 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Krabby V2.jpg
246 KB, 474x659
>>24875038
This is a combo with an unsearchable card. Muscle Band wouldn't change whether Gallade was broken or not. But nonetheless, Wide Guard does offer too much utility for its damage.

Nerfed to 10.
>>
File: alakazam jap.jpg (2 MB, 2205x3103) Image search: [Google]
alakazam jap.jpg
2 MB, 2205x3103
This may be weird but I liked the Alakazam from this set quite a bit but I prefer the look of Japanese cards over English ones so I painstakingly recreated the card in Japanese. I hope someone enjoys this as much as I do because it took me over an hour to complete. I also made it holographic for good measure. Also, I don't know who created the card but I reversed image searched the art to find the original illustrator.
>>
>>24875522
Holy shit that is awesome. Great work man are you going to do any others from the set?
>>
>>24875159
i like this one better
>>
>>24875156
So other than the nerfs from the past thread, were there any new ones added?
>>
>>24876316
krabby got nerfed. >>24875274 seems the most balanced
>>
>>24876316
It's a new set of nerfs
>Sycther's swarm places a scyther on the bench
>Genesect's backblast dmg reduced to 50
>Celebi's forest song can only place on grass while sitting in the active
>Celebi's grass whistle applies normal sleep
>Camerupt hp reduced to 80
>Camerupt thump erupt dmg reduced to 30
>Hooh flame charge dmg reduced to 20
>totodile hp reduced to 40
>croconaw hp reduced to 70
>feraligatr hp reduced to 100
>barboach retreat increased to 1
>both whiscash retreats increased to 2
>lanturn luring light requires it to be active
>lanturn hydro volt no longer gets a dmg bonus
>lampent hp reduced to 70
>lampent miasma dmg reduced to 20
>chandlure grudge places 1 dmg on active for each P when ko'd
>chandlure soul trap cost reduced to PPP
>lugia lunar tide dmg reduced to 30
>lugia white gale dmg reduced to 50
>pupitar hp reduced to 70
>absol glare can only paralyze on the turn it entered play
>tyrantar split into 2 cards
>1: sand stream activates at the end of your turn
>1: new attack that does 40 dmg for DDC
>2: sand stream replaced with attack that places 3 counters for D
>aron hp reduced to 50
>aron metal claw dmg reduced to 20
>lairon hp reduced to 70
>lairon ability only actives when placed on itself
>lairon earthquake dmg reduced to 40
>aggron hp reduced to 110
>aggron metal sound dmg reduced to 20
>aggron heavy metal damage reduced to 30
>igglybuff ability fails if there are any other igglybuffs in play
>kingra hp reduced to 100
>kingdra tsunami damage reduced to 20 each
>kingdra dragon pulse dmg reduced to 80
>kingdra retreat increased to 3
>dragalge hp reduced to 80
>dragalge corrode discards from any opponent pokemon
>dragalge hydroxide dmg reduced to 20
>dragalge septic shock dmg reduced to 40
>>
>>24876316
>>24876867

>dragalge ability activates at the start of your turn
>dragalge jet black dmg increased to 30
>dragalge jet black cost increase to PW
>dragalge jet black can no longer paralyze
>tyrantrum bellow dmg reduced to 30
>tyrantrum eviscerate dmg reduced to 50, healing reduced to 20
>slaking hp reduced to 90
>slaking dope slap effect removed
>slaking wallop dmg reduced to 80, becomes unable to attack next turn
>arceus genesis dmg reduced to 20
>arceus rapture dmg reduced to 40

Stuff not affected by nerf
>sneasel
>weavile
>wailmer
>wailord
>regigigas
>fletchinder
>bayleef
>krabby
>>
>>24876874
now that's some rogue balance

Wailord didn't get replaced?
>>
>>24876874
I guess Krabby's being handled right now, so let's analyze Fletchinder for a bit. What are the biggest complaints we've been getting?

Also we'll need to decide what Krabby we prefer or we prefer none and continue to work on it.
>>
so are these going to be turned into physical cards?
>>
>>24877313
Probably not. Our goal is to release our own nonprofit card game most likely available on LackeyTCG. Plus it'd be a ton of printing.
>>
>>24876943
Nah. I was gonna run a list of fixes by the testers to make sure I got them all, but they seemed eager to get rid of me when I popped into Lackey. Particularly the first guy who was on last night.
>>
>>24877430

That's unfortunate. How do you feel about the energy template in >>24873145
?
>>
>>24877453
I bit too flat for my tastes.

With that said, if energy visibility in Lackey is really that much of an issue, I suggest experimenting with the yellow border. Either give the energy a different color than other cards (such as how Japanese energy have a silver border when played in an English deck) or give them color-coded borders if you can find a design that can pull it off while still looking like a Pokemon card
>>
>>24877298
Fletchinder isn't unreasonable. Stage 1, low HP, uncapped damage potential.
>>
>>24877298
That heatwave should gain the effect of parabolic charge (ally energies used are discarded) & gain an energy requirement bc that is way to powerful for a stage 1.
>>
File: alakazam 4ch non holo.jpg (2 MB, 2205x3103) Image search: [Google]
alakazam 4ch non holo.jpg
2 MB, 2205x3103
>>24875563
Thanks! I might make a few others if I find them particularly cool. I forgot the damage on the first one I post so heres it corrected, non-holographic version.
>>
File: glameow.jpg (274 KB, 465x659) Image search: [Google]
glameow.jpg
274 KB, 465x659
>>24878828
I got bored and made another.
>>
>>24880231
Set icon needs to be black.
>>
Confirmed to be home for the holidays
>>
Gary is gonna kill us
>>
>>24884240
Eh, just let the thread die if it dies and remake it after Christmas when people have more free time (and there's less shitposting).
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.