[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fake TCG General #5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: 0SU KING BIRURITCHI FLARE GRUNT.png (931 KB, 756x1050) Image search: [Google]
0SU KING BIRURITCHI FLARE GRUNT.png
931 KB, 756x1050
Welcome to the /vp/ fake TCG set general. we are going to work hard to create a fake TCG set featuring real Pokemon (no meme cards) in the spirit of the actual game. Anyone's welcome to join!

>Can I contribute?
Absolutely. Choose a Pokemon from the below list of Pokemon who are slated to appear and get started! Either make a mockup or just post the card's text. We're also looking for Trainer and Special Energy card designs.

>What should I know before contributing?
This set is meant to be a stand-alone series, not to interact with any existing metagame. The general power scale is currently up for grabs. Our main goal is that every Pokemon, including evolving basics, serve a purpose. For example, even Pokemon like Caterpie should have an effect like searching for more Caterpie or drawing a card, rather than simply "C - Tackle 10".

At the moment, we are preparing to test our first cube using LackeyCCG.

>Are these cards final?
No. Once we get a decent number of contributions, including at least one of each Pokemon appearing in the set, we'll move on to the testing phase (details about how you can help will be outlined in the future). During this process, it will be decided which cards will make the cut. Some cards will be modified for balance reasons, while others will likely need to be omitted completely. Once the cards are finalized, they will be remade using a unified template and given proper artwork (all artwork on mock-ups in this thread are assumed to be placeholders unless otherwise specified). Effect wording will also be cleaned up for the final draft.

RESOURCES:
Card rough draft galleries:
http://imgur.com/a/bfwMd/all http://imgur.com/a/VpQqY/all

For card drafts: http://www.pokecard.net/ (old style)
or http://pokemoncardmaker.org/ (new style)
resources for making cards in Photo-editing software: http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/
Tips and tricks: http://pastebin.com/wvkMNzeq
>>
Retoast

What power level are we going for? It's obvious that half the cards are way too strong for base set or Neo. People seem too accustomed to modern damage values.

>Aegislash (King's Shield)
Too powerful, near permanent control as long as you keep drawing Energy. Can be played as your only Pokemon to block Lysandre.

>Chandelure (Shadow Snag)
Shadow Snag offers too much value, removing the opponent's hand on attack as long as Chandelure remains Active. Near-permanent control.

>Igglybuff
Luck-based mechanic that draws an inordinate number of cards.

>Inverse Stadium
Doubles the damage output of all Pokemon weak to their own type (various Psychic-types).

>Kingler (Double Snip)
Guillotine is poorly designed and is either lethal or useless depending on pure chance

>Tyrogue
HP too high for a Baby. Far too powerful and flexible for a Basic. Essentially turns 1 of your Hitmons into Landorus EX.

>Wailord
Blatantly overtuned, excessive anti-meta scaling. Tanky and lethal.
>>
>>24820953
Can we do something productive about the cards that would be laughable even at Base Set values? Red Chain for instance?
>>
>>24823384
Probably better that the Trainers be shitty for now so they don't skew our results for the Pokemon balance.
>>
File: sootsack.png (494 KB, 564x805) Image search: [Google]
sootsack.png
494 KB, 564x805
>>24823348
>>
File: Soot Sack.png (751 KB, 756x1050) Image search: [Google]
Soot Sack.png
751 KB, 756x1050
>>24824079
I gave the art a little rework.
>>
>>24823384
From my understanding, the Trainer Cards work differently than the Pokemon in testing. Only the basic trainers are in testing initially, then there's a voting system to see which gets tested next. I doubt shit like Red Chain will ever even be considered.
>>
>>24824079
>>24824161
>Lost Zone
Are we seriously bring that shitty mechanic back? Get that Yugioh shit out of here.
>>
File: Lackey.png (675 KB, 909x754) Image search: [Google]
Lackey.png
675 KB, 909x754
Yeah, I half-assed the descriptions for the time being, but it works.
>>
Alright, I believe I have the entire lackey plugin working, although the updater still needs to be tested. Before I release it, I want to know who's in charge of collecting the testing data and what their plan outline is. Because of the way the updater works, I have to be the one to implement any changes to cards. I don't want like six people all screaming at me for different changes.
>>
Should cards like EX/BURST/Mega/Lv.X be included?
>>
>>24825013
Yes! Absolutely!
>>
>>24825022
dropped
>>
File: aegislash card resized.jpg (43 KB, 350x480) Image search: [Google]
aegislash card resized.jpg
43 KB, 350x480
>>24823365
Here's a really nerfed version of aegislash.
>>
File: Supporter New Template.png (1 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Template.png
1 MB, 1000x1405
I've developed a Trainer Template. Tips? Suggestions? Rants?
>>
File: wailord card resized.jpg (40 KB, 350x480) Image search: [Google]
wailord card resized.jpg
40 KB, 350x480
>>24823365
Wailord had to lose damage output in order to maintain the highest hp in the set.
>>
File: Supporter New Template Trainer.png (1 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Template Trainer.png
1 MB, 1000x1405
>>24825216
Added trainer indication.
>>
>>24825013
>EX
Honestly, yes. But not BW/XY-era EXs. A balance of the exs so that they're not overpowered but still useful if you're willing to take the risk.
>BURST
??? The Prime cards from HGSS? I'm afraid idk that one.
>Mega
Yes but not as EX's. And they should be treated as Lv.X cards.
>Lv.X
See Mega.

None of these should ever be in the same set though.
>>
>>24825131
>>24825226

Please improve these attacks. They are so awful as to not be worth Energizing for.
>>
File: image.png (257 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
image.png
257 KB, 500x463
>>24824985
Could i help you?
i have a lot of free time

>>24825013
Let's not
>>
>>24825357
No, it's fine this way. Wailord fucks your bench and walls everything for 3 turns at least.
We don't want it sweeping everything. It's only made to be a sponge to later on be "AZ'ed" or Switched back to the bench.
>>
>>24825216
You use too much different fonts.

In my opinion, the fonts Oswald Normal (for headlines) and Gill Sans (for text) work well together.
>>
>>24825131
it's safe to reduce the recoil to 20 now.
>>
>>24825393
I'm using Helvetica Light for details, Helvetica Regular for text and KnockOut FullCruiser for Headlines.
I'll try to make them more standart.
>>
>>24825013
For what purpose?

The problem with EXes is that there's no way to make them good without centralizing the game around them.

Celebi EX is the best modern example of EX design. Its Time Recall ability lets you use attacks from earlier Stages, which is a niche utility that's only useful if you can't use Shrine of Memories, but is too strong for a normal Basic. Celebi isn't tanky at all, and it rarely if ever attacks. It's just support.

Virizion EX is an example of how to do EX badly. Its ability nullifies whole strategies, it's used with other EXes that abuse Colorless attacks, and you can't let it swing at you. It's not just overtuned; it wouldn't be worth running at all if it didn't have a good attack.

Either they use resources like Energy, Tools and
>>
File: inverse card resized.jpg (33 KB, 350x480) Image search: [Google]
inverse card resized.jpg
33 KB, 350x480
>>24823365
Inverse stadium could be a vanilla switching of weakness and resistance, but too few pokemon even have resistances to become weaknesses. I went with a completely different effect that could help or disrupt a lot.
>>
File: Supporter New Templatev3.png (1 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Templatev3.png
1 MB, 1000x1405
>>24825393
Using Gill Sans for Text and Futura Extra Black Italic for Headlines.
Also made some color work.
>>
>>24825466
That's much better. Remove the left TRAINER text and move the SUPPORTER text a few pixels higher. Also try to use an unslanted version, e. g. Futura Extra Black
>>
File: build.png (1014 KB, 1280x757) Image search: [Google]
build.png
1014 KB, 1280x757
Plugin is 100% ready to go, including the auto-updater. There are just two things to note:
1. Due to an oversight on my part, it has the same name as the normal Pokemon plugin, so you can't have them both installed at the same time. It's an easy fix that will probably be done by the time someone steps up to take charge.
2. Some of the cards' text was too small to be legible at 350x480, so I had to upsize them all slightly. The result is that the cards pop out of their box slightly when hovering over them. You can rectify this by just making the window bigger and pulling that side over some.

>>24825373
If you've got an outline for the testing phase, go ahead and share it.
>>
>>24825518
What size would you like future cards to be submitted as?
>>
>>24825528
I'm currently using 428x616, but that was just a completely random size that happened to work for the time being. I haven't settled on an official size yet.
>>
File: Supporter New Templatev4.png (1 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Templatev4.png
1 MB, 1000x1405
>>24825497
Italic is a little more Dynamic.
And I kinda like the trainer in the both sides, reminds me of the ace specs. Although I know their design is horrible.
Will remove if pressured enough,
>>
File: chandlure.jpg (64 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
chandlure.jpg
64 KB, 474x659
>>24823365
Shadow snag now has a risk of helping the opponent if they shuffle their deck during their turn.
>>
>>24825563
I don't like the name font, nor do I believe there will be enough space on the card for longer supporter names.
>>
>>24825518
Where is the download link?
>>
>>24825573
Yes, I also don't like this oblique font-style. The red Supporter tab is much to wide.
>>
>>24825594
People who don't read the thread:
>>24824985
>>
>>24825518
Also, I fixed issue 1.
>>
File: kingler.jpg (176 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
kingler.jpg
176 KB, 857x1200
>>24823365
I fixed the wording on the first attack. Note that guillotine's second effect triggers even if the opponent's hand isn't the right size.
>>
File: Supporter New Templatev5.png (1 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Templatev5.png
1 MB, 1000x1405
>>24825618
>>24825573
Still lacking something.
Any ideas for main headline?
>>
>>24825688
"Trainer"

I also think the box around the name of the card is a bit guady. Try making it grey.
>>
File: Supporter New Templatev6.png (1 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Templatev6.png
1 MB, 1000x1405
>>24825700
What about this?
>>
>>24825688
Make the borders uniform.
>>
>>24825712
It's interesting. I don't know if I like it, but it's interesting. The text being strangely aligned kind of makes it look worse than it actually is.

I really do think the file motif is neat, though.
>>
File: tumblr_ncdyu3f3kx1tklkwqo1_540.jpg (424 KB, 503x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncdyu3f3kx1tklkwqo1_540.jpg
424 KB, 503x700
Daily reminder to make the set look really comfy.
>>
>>24825795
Can you draw as good?
>>
>>24825876
I wish, man. I was okay-ish a couple of years ago. But I really need to git gud again.
>>
>>24825518.

Assuming we only have a handful of people to test, we'll check who has an open schedule and try to get as many people playing games on Lackey at once.

GENERAL TESTING
>1. Construct decks, play normally
>2. Try to play a specific matchup as many times as possible, making slight adjustments between games
>3. Write down any ruling disputes you run into
>4a. If any Pokemon seem to be overwhelming, move on to POKEMON TESTING
>4b. If any Trainers seem to be uncounterable or overly effective, move on to SUSPECT TESTING

POKEMON TESTING
>1. If you think a Pokemon is OP, ask your opponent to build a deck focused on it, and try to counter it
>2a. If you counter it, try to win against other decks with your silver bullet deck. If it struggles in other matchups, return to 1
>2b. If there don't seem to be any counters available (i.e. the OP card wins and wins and wins no matter what), both players can return to 1 and switch roles, or agree to remove it from the card pool for that session. Return to GENERAL TESTING.

SUSPECT TESTING
>1. If you think a Trainer is OP, ask your opponent to build a deck focused on it, and try to counter it
>2a. If you counter it, try to win against other decks with your silver bullet deck. If it struggles in other matchups, return to 1
>2b. If there don't seem to be any counters available (i.e. the OP card wins and wins and wins no matter what), both players can return to 1 and switch roles, or agree to remove it from the card pool for that session. Return to GENERAL TESTING.
>>
File: whatdidido.png (1 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
whatdidido.png
1 MB, 1000x1405
>>24825688
My two cents. Pic related is my butchered attempt

- Just shorten the supporter tab to what I have. that should be long enough for even the longest names.
- I couldn't do it in my picture, but that blue border needs to be changed to either something darker or at least in the grey spectrum. The blue (or red now) is just really harsh on the otherwise plain background. That's for all inside borders like it.
- All text is aligned to the middle of the box for Trainers. All trainers have done this since Base Set.
- The supporter box is a little too big imo. Supporter box and tab should be the same color too.
- I feel like the set number, rarity, and icon should be on the card and not on the yellow border.

I like the design though. idk how I feel about the metallic background to it though. It looks a little too much like base set and I wasn't a big fan of it.
>>
>>24825894
And how you supposed to know which cards haven't been played with?
>>
File: tyrogue card.jpg (323 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
tyrogue card.jpg
323 KB, 857x1200
>>24823365
I couldn't think of a way to fix tyrogue, so I made a replacement that's just as strong since it can get a turn one donk against a lone 30hp basic.
>>
File: Supporter New Templatev7.png (2 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Templatev7.png
2 MB, 1000x1405
A few fixes, will make more.
>>
File: igglybuff card.jpg (246 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
igglybuff card.jpg
246 KB, 857x1200
>>24823365
Same thing for Igglybuff, I couldn't fix it. The new one can still draw and I don't see any downsides to a swarm of 4 Wiggytuffs on turn one.
>>
>>24825669
Better
>>
>>24825981
>>24826132
Does this mean, that you also can evolve Tyrogue and Igglybuff in the turn they were placed on the bench? Igglybuff's ability seems to be very strong.

I don't understand Igglybuff's move. When can your opponent "choose for their Active Pokemon to no longer be Asleep"? I don't get this.
>>
>>24825669
What about changing Double Snip to:
Your opponent may discard two cards. If he or she doesn't, this attack does 20 more damage.
>>
>>24826179
I worded it so that they can evolve on their first turn. For Igglybuff's move it's supposed to be before your turn ends. I may switch it for something with less text since the abilities are so long.
>>
File: igglybuff card.jpg (138 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
igglybuff card.jpg
138 KB, 857x1200
>>24826132
>>24826179
>>24826215

The attack now has less text and no interaction with the opponent.
>>
>>24825924
Ideally, report back to the thread with your testing results every once in a while. Something like "Is this how Tri-Crush works?" or "Sylveon is worthless in mill".
>>
>>24826284
I dunno about accelerating straight into Wigglytuff.
>>
>>24826314
Neither wigglytuff can do damage with 1 energy. It's not a problem now and but could easily be changed to a 1 turn delay in the future if it becomes one.
>>
An idea for a Supporter card.

Name: Bill's Pokemon Storage System
Reveal as many Basic Pokemon or Evolution cards from your hand as you like and shuffle them into your deck. Then, draw as many cards as you shuffled into your deck.
>>
And an idea for 2 Item cards.

Name: Victory Certificate
You may only play this card if you have no cards remaining in your deck and only 1 Prize card remaining to draw. You win the game.

Name: No Name Yet
You may only play this card if you have no cards in your discard pile. Draw 4 cards.
>>
>>24826409
Caitlin is a Supporter that can already do this with any card.

>>24826452
Victory Certificate is pointless since you will almost always win after you hit 1 Prize, and decking yourself out to shorten that process is not worth the space in the deck.

No Name Yet is unbalanceable. It will be run at 4 and be strong if you open with it but useless if you don't.
>>
>>24826452
No Name Yet can maybe abused by a loophole which lets you get cards from your discard pile back. Making it a supporter would be ok.

Victory Certificate is okay. Its very risky to play, though.
>>
Is it too late to make more Trainer cards? I thought of an Item card.

Item - Full Restore
Discard 2 Energy cards from one of your Pokemon (If none of your Pokemon have 2 or more Energy cards attached, you cannot play this card.) Remove all damage counters, special conditions and all effects of your opponent's attacks that may be affecting that Pokemon.

Basically its Max Potion + Full Heal but it also removes things like "During your opponent's next turn, if they try to attack, they must flip a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing."
>>
What about these?

Left Horn of Hoopa-Unbound - Basic - [D] - 40 HP
[C] Horn Attack - 10
[D][C] Drill - 10 - Draw 1 card
W: [T]x2, Rs: -, Rt: [C]

Right Horn of Hoopa-Unbound - Basic - [D] - 40 HP
[Ability] Insomnia - Right Horn of Hoopa-Unbound cannot fell Asleep
[D][D] Tantrum - 20x - Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage for each heads.

Left Leg of Hoopa-Unbound - Basic - [D] - 40 HP
[D] Stomp - 10 - Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed
[D][D] High Jump Kick - 40 - Flip a coin. If tails, Hoopa-Unbound does 20 damage to itself.

Right Leg of Hoopa-Unbound - Basic - [D] - 40 HP
[Ability] Sturdy - Reduce all damage done to Right Leg of Hoopa-Unbound to 30 HP, after applying weakness and resistance.
[D][C] Sweep Away - 10 - Switch the Defending Pokémon with a Pokémon on your opponent's bench.

Magic Lamp - Item - Ace Spec
You may discard 1 Left Horn of Hoopa-Unbound, 1 Right Horn of Hoopa-Unbound, 1 Left Leg of Hoopa-Unbound and 1 Right Leg of Hoopa-Unbound from your hand. If you do, take up to 3 Prize cards. (When you take the last Prize card by this effect, you win the game).
>>
>>24826534
>No Name Yet can maybe abused by a loophole which lets you get cards from your discard pile back.
If there were any cards that existed for that purpose, that did not end up in the discard pile themselves, No Name Yet could exist. Otherwise it cannot.
>>
>>24826609
1) Hoopa is not one of the Pokemon voted into this set
2) These attack names don't make sense and their effects are arbitrary
3) Exodia cannot exist in Pokemon. In Yugioh there is limited drawpower to assemble its pieces, and you can only run 1 of each limb and 1 head, and they are dead in your hand. In Pokemon, there is a ton of drawpower (necessary because of Evolution and Energy) that makes the assembly a cakewalk. You can play a normal deck, throw in all 4 pieces and 1 Magic Lamp, and Shauna them back into the deck when you don't need them.
>>
File: bonsly card.jpg (272 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
bonsly card.jpg
272 KB, 857x1200
We need a bonsly card that can evolve into sudowoodo. I couldn't think of a good effect for the evolution ability that helps either sudowoodo.
>>
>>24826595
Interesting, but that has to be a supporter to be balanced in this format.

>>24826609
If you are pulling this up to mock us because of the lost zone, remember that all major card games, including Pokémon, have them.
If you're not, you're a Faggot, anyway.

>>24826452
I don't like special win conditions in Pokémon. But sure, is an interesting card.
>>
>>24826639
I know, man, it was just a joke.

>their effects are arbitrary
technically not: they are emergency Basic Pokémon, Left Horn is for drawing power, Right Horn is for damage, Left Leg is for stall + damage, Right Leg is for stall

But remember, it was just a bad joke.
>>
File: Supporter New Templatev8.png (2 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Templatev8.png
2 MB, 1000x1405
New one.
>>
>>24823348
Did somebody already mention renaming this to "King Villicci"?
>>
File: Villicci.png (2 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Villicci.png
2 MB, 1000x1405
>>24826805
>>
>>24825528
>>24825518
I meant to respond to this earlier...

If everyone starts making cards using my MSE Template, then the card image size will be 375x523. I will note: I cannot change this. This is hardcoded into MSE. This is a big flaw to me and I'm tempted to stop now and just make a website or some shit. But I don't have access to a server capable of doing that shit. Well, I do. But my boss wouldn't like it.
>>
>>24827060
Good luck on that website... You know what happened the last time somebody had a site that had authentic current gen Pokemon templates? They got DMCA'd.

What's wrong with the MSE card size?
>>
>>24827060
Any size will work so long as it's readable.
>>
>>24826657
Knock Down? Negate the target's Resistance?
>>
File: mineosaur.png (217 KB, 251x345) Image search: [Google]
mineosaur.png
217 KB, 251x345
We're missing some fundamental cards for our set: a reasonably tanky Basic Pokemon with a cheap draw effect and a Fire-type that recovers R Energy.

Also this image is in the imgur despite being a real-ass Southern Islands card.
>>
File: Love Ball.jpg (31 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Love Ball.jpg
31 KB, 375x523
>>24827155
>>24827205
>They got DMCA'd
ohshit. No, I didn't know that. huh...

I mean, if the card images look okay in LackeyTCG then it's all fine. I feel like a slightly higher resolution would be nicer, since pokemon has a few small text areas (Evolves from, Flavor text).
>>
File: Love Ball.png (206 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Love Ball.png
206 KB, 375x523
>>24827463
>those jpg artifacts
I also need to remember to save the images in png
>>
>>24827493
resize "cardback.jpg" to fit with the cards
>>
File: eevee vp.jpg (213 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
eevee vp.jpg
213 KB, 474x659
>>24827387
gotcha covered
>>
File: camerupt card.jpg (238 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
camerupt card.jpg
238 KB, 857x1200
>>24827387
I think this fire recovery may be too strong.
>>
File: flareon vp.jpg (264 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
flareon vp.jpg
264 KB, 474x659
>>24828258
It's balanced out by the high Retreat and very weak attack.
>>
File: kadabra card.jpg (245 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
kadabra card.jpg
245 KB, 857x1200
Since the rush in substitute was too strong, here's a kadabra that could grant a regular subtitute rush in.
>>
>>24828358
Aside from the typo it seems very nice.
>>
File: jolteon vp.jpg (250 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
jolteon vp.jpg
250 KB, 474x659
>>24828180
the world needs more self-synergy
>>
File: kadabra card.jpg (147 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
kadabra card.jpg
147 KB, 857x1200
>>24828358
>>24828387
I didn't notice my typo. At least it was an easy fix.
>>
File: glaceon vp.jpg (272 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
glaceon vp.jpg
272 KB, 474x659
>>24828180
vaporizer is ugly
>>
>>24828574
If the Stage 1 or 2 has a Tool attached, what happens to the Tool?
>>
>>24828574
Why you made my waifu such a shitty card? ;_;.
>>
>>24828399
The defending Pokemon is never not active.
>>
File: gallade vp.jpg (288 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
gallade vp.jpg
288 KB, 474x659
Glade

>>24828593
[see first attack]

>>24828853
So I don't have to specify that the Retreat Cost debuff goes away if it gets to the Bench?
>>
File: Victorious Powers.png (30 KB, 180x134) Image search: [Google]
Victorious Powers.png
30 KB, 180x134
How about this Mark?
>>
File: Supporter New Templatev9.png (2 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Supporter New Templatev9.png
2 MB, 1000x1405
Villicci with custom template.
>>
File: Item Template.png (2 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Item Template.png
2 MB, 1000x1405
>>24829678
Soot Sack with Item custom template.
>>
File: Stadium Template.png (2 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Stadium Template.png
2 MB, 1000x1405
>>24829691
Stadium Custom
>>
>>24829675
Monochrome.
>>
>>24829749
"Harsh Sunlight" was a much better name even if it didn't imply a physical space.
>>
>>24829810
>>24829749
Name it Sunlit Field to make it less wordy.
>>
>>24829810
>>24829813
I was thinking about making more than one diferrent "Harsh Sunhlight" cards. So our cards can search for "Harsh Sunglight Stadiums" and "Rain Stadiums".
>>
File: Tyrogue MK-II VP.jpg (260 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Tyrogue MK-II VP.jpg
260 KB, 857x1200
>>24829847
>I was thinking about making more than one diferrent "Harsh Sunhlight" cards.
Don't.

>>24829813
Second.

>>24823365
>>24825981
I've significantly nerfed the broken Tyrogue. Its HP is now low enough for most Pokémon to oneshot it and it requires 2 turns to Energize, making its setup far more situational.
>>
File: Love Ball.png (211 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Love Ball.png
211 KB, 375x523
>>24829675
Set icons are monochrome.
>>
File: Victorious PowersMono.png (26 KB, 180x134) Image search: [Google]
Victorious PowersMono.png
26 KB, 180x134
>>24830049
>>24829798
This is better?
>>
File: Stadium Template.png (2 MB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
Stadium Template.png
2 MB, 1000x1405
>>24829813
>>24829962
>>24829962
Here, also changed the Art. It was too welcoming to grass-types when Fire-types are the ones that get most boosts.
>>
File: Stadium TemplateMSE.png (231 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Stadium TemplateMSE.png
231 KB, 375x523
375X523 in case someone wants to template to MSE.
>>
File: Supporter TemplateMSE.png (225 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Supporter TemplateMSE.png
225 KB, 375x523
>>24830296
>>
File: Item TemplateMSE.png (226 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Item TemplateMSE.png
226 KB, 375x523
>>24830296
>>24830311
>>
>>24830296
>>24830311
>>24830324
You know, I gotta say. I like this template. Could you make a Pokemon template too? Though I'd still like for the other MSE guy to finish his template based on XY, but I'd like to see what you can do too.
>>
>>24830372
I'm planning to. Must finish some work related stuff first. Maybe tonight.
>>
>>24830296
>>24830311
>>24830324
Take out Illus and Set Icon and I can work with it.
- illus names can be longer than that. Better off making the user type it in.
- the set icon will be different every set.

And, of course, I'd need blanks of all cards and not just trainers. I'm out running errands and wedding shit but trainers are piss easy to program.
>>
File: trapinch card.jpg (244 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
trapinch card.jpg
244 KB, 857x1200
A risky battle compressor that can also stall if you Ronald up something that can't attack.
>>
File: Supporter TemplateMSEv2.png (223 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Supporter TemplateMSEv2.png
223 KB, 375x523
>>24830456
Here it is.
Every text is Gill Sans Regular.
Use #171717 instead of Full black, or the text will "pop out" of the card.
For the Headline i'm using Futura Cond Bold, but if you find a better one, you're free to change.
>>
File: Stadium TemplateMSEv2.png (229 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Stadium TemplateMSEv2.png
229 KB, 375x523
>>24830456
>>
File: Item TemplateMSEv2.png (224 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Item TemplateMSEv2.png
224 KB, 375x523
>>24830558
>>
>>24825455
How could this possibly be disruptive? It just makes your attacks cost Colorless. Which allows you to use any type of Pokemon with your Energy. Which is kind of silly.
>>
>>24829962
Probably should say "search your deck for Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop" if you want it to be as official as possible.
>>
>>24830791
>When you attach a [M] energy from your hand, heal 20 from lairon
>Heal 10 from a pokemon for each [L] on Flaffy
>If emolga has [L], no retreat cost
>emolga - search your deck for a [L] energy
>magnezone all energy all [L] or [M]

There was less type specific attack effects / abilites than I thought. I thought there would be more heal X type /seach for X type / more damage for each X type effects.
>>
>>24830808
There was no need to make it less comfy.

>>24830844
A lot of people are using Pokecard, and as far as I know it doesn't support Energy symbols in text.
>>
>>24830233
Why the Pokeball in particular?
>>
>>24830520
Abusable with Laverre City and Diancie.
>>
>>24830844
>>24825455
>>24830919
Can we drop that Inverse Stadium idea already?

>>24830919
>less comfy
>>
>>24830932
It's the Pokéball from Base Set 2.
it's a sort of a homage.
>>
>>24830948
I made it colorless so that it could use laverre city. I think the diancie is the problem since it would make any card that has the potential to search for stadiums overpowered.

>>24830953
I'm sure there's an inverse gimmick that could work, even if it's as simple as playing with hands + prizes + top card of the deck revealed.
>>
>>24830973
Honestly, I like the idea of the inverted Weakness and Resistance. It's not like there is any merit in winning when your opponent it's monocolor and weak to your monocolor deck. That would make Monocolor more viable and Stadium locks more important.
But it would make everyone afraid of it's resistance.
>>
>>24830973
Diancie only gains 20 damage each time you search a Stadium; you'd need to grab a lot of them at once and discard them. In any case, Battle Compressor's card dumping has to be restricted a lot more heavily than "easy to Knock Out". Maybe decrease the number of cards?
>>
>>24831062
>whole deck weak to opponent's whole deck
This has been in the game since its inception and it guides the meta. There's a reason why Hawlucha ignores Weakness.
>>
>>24831121
Hawlucha is swingy enough without hitting for 200 off Weakness. A better example would have been Mega Mewtwo Y. If it hit for Weakness, the mirror match would be won by whoever got it out first.
>>
File: trapinch card.jpg (147 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
trapinch card.jpg
147 KB, 857x1200
>>24831102
I think you're right about search to discard being bad. Now trapinch is purely stall.
>>
File: inverse card.jpg (147 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
inverse card.jpg
147 KB, 857x1200
>>24830953
>>24831062
>>24831121
Fine, let's try inverted weakness and resistance. The wording is a bit rough.
>>
>>24831317
"Every attack that would be affected by weakness, apply resistance instead. Every attack that would be affected by resistance, apply weakness instead."
>>
Any ideas for Missingno?
>>
>>24831400
Make it a supporter that allows you to search for 2 item cards.
>>
>>24831396
It doesn't work that way because Weakness and Resistance don't apply in equal amounts.
>>
>>24831400
Pokemon that consistently draws cards but fucks you up horribly if you let it get Knocked Out.

>>24831413
Probably too strong. Try a different direction.
>>
>>24831535
>Ability: PC Crash - When this Pokemon is knocked out, shuffle it into your deck. Then, reveal the top 10 cards of your deck. If any of them are Basic Pokemon or Evolution cards, discard them.
>>
>>24831400
Pokémon
Colorless
Negative 50 HP
>Ability: You may only have 1 Missingno. in your Deck. While this Pokémon is Benched, it is unaffected by the effects of attacks and Trainer cards, and gains the HP of each Pokémon adjacent to it.

>Ability: Once per turn, when you play a Trainer card, you may place it on top of your deck instead of discarding it.
>>
>>24831396
>>24831521

I have two ways to word that one.
Long winded and confusing:
If an attack's damage is affected by Weakness, recalculate it as a -20 Resistance instead. If an attack's damage is affected by Resistance, recalculate it as a x2 Weakness instead. If an attack's damage is affected by both Weakness and Resistance, recalculate it without Weakness and Resistance.

Short and simple:
Weakness's modifier is now -20. Resistance's modifier is now x2. Apply Resistance before Weakness.
>>
>>24831413
What about:

Missigno. - Supporter
Draw 1 card. Reveal a card from your hand. If you revealed a card with another name than "Missigno.", search your deck for a copy of this card, reveal it and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
>>
File: inverse card.jpg (131 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
inverse card.jpg
131 KB, 857x1200
>>24831587
This is the final wording I went with.
>>
File: inverse card.jpg (131 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
inverse card.jpg
131 KB, 857x1200
>>24832057
Another change to the wording since that one tries to apply something to cards without a weakness and resistance.
>>
>>24832080
Neat.
>>24831553
What is this supposed to accomplish?

>>24831969
What is "this card"? Missingno.? That seems worse than Cheren.
>>
What happened to the Lackey thing?
>>
File: regirock card.jpg (294 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
regirock card.jpg
294 KB, 857x1200
>>24831102
Might as well make a counter to diancie so that it can't become a problem. This regirock could end up being a problem itself if people use it as an anti-deck out tech.
>>
hi can i play this without knowing the rules? sorry i can't help contribute but can somebody make a bulbasaur line card?
>>
>>24832213
Do not create cards that just straight-up negate other cards. If Diancie is too strong it will be removed and/or nerfed.

>>24832232
What kind of card?

And sure, you can play. I can teach you the game. But I can't teach you how to use LackeyCCG.
>>
>>24832758
It's fine. We don't actually have a Lackey patch, anyway. The guy who made it won't release it because he thinks we're unorganized.
>>
>>24832948

No need to be rude. He's the only one who bothered doing it so he gets to set the pace.
>>
>>24832948
>>24833214
Then let's brainstorm a way to record card usage and results, so that the Lackey anon can release the plugin.

Forms
- reporting bad card text
- reporting cards that may be too strong

Polls
- cards you use in your decks that are good (performs the way you want it to)
- cards you used that turned out to be worthless (bad, even when you aren't getting bad draws)
- cards you have used at least once(for any reason)
- polls to add / remove individual cards

We could do these across a bunch of google forms/straw polls and leave results public so that a single person doesn't have to be in charge.
>>
>>24833380
What about just having people throw a copy of their .dek files up somewhere with a note about how many games they played with each? That would probably be the most efficient way to track usage and make sure each card is seeing proper testing.

Rather than polling about worthless cards and stuff, it's probably better for a submission form to suggest simple changes to a card (like -20 HP, changing an effect, ect). Then have a poll deciding which suggestions get implemented in the next update, along with a follow-up poll about whether to keep the changes, revert the changes, or change it further.

Although with 200 cards, we'll probably have to have to narrow it down to 10 cards at a time or it'll be overwhelming.
>>
>>24832114
>What is "this card"? Missingno.? That seems worse than Cheren.
"this card" is the revealed card.

Missingno. is a mix of Cheren and a heavily weakened Computer Search.
>>
Important Pool, fags.

http://strawpoll.me/6282050
>>
File: tumblr_md6w7eXFmf1rxldc4o1_500.png (297 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_md6w7eXFmf1rxldc4o1_500.png
297 KB, 500x301
Bump, let's do this.
>>
>>24833380
>>24833582
We should just play test for now, just to check the current state of things.
May be needed to just fix a few cards or all of them.
How about we schedule weekly updates?
>>
>>24834672
The guidelines were not written with Base Set in mind. Our HP and damage values ended up closest to HGSS.
>>
>>24833380
We have this thread. Why not use it to express our judgments?
>>
>>24835381
Because it took like 4 people to sort out all of the cards people were submitting when it finally came time to do something with them, and even then a bunch fell through the cracks. Submitting feedback in the thread is fine so long as there's someone dedicated who's actually collecting and archiving the feedback. So far, we don't have anyone like that.

Plus, you know, it's very easy for suggested changes to just trail off into an argument about balance where everyone forgets to actually try to finalize the discussed change. These threads haven't really been very good at staying focused.
>>
File: Wally.png (250 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Wally.png
250 KB, 375x523
I meant to release this last night but passed out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvmh3cbt7dump72/pokemon-custom.mse-style.rar?dl=0
Extract and put folder in Data folder.
>>
>>24835658
I nominate Wally to be the first Supporter tested in the new format, as Rotom needs the support. Any objections?
>>
>>24835658

That artwork is some palcomix-grade shit right there.
>>
>>24835760
It's a redraw of a popular reaction image on /co/ where the guy from Brave Little Toaster is dropping Toaster in the bathtub
>>
File: toaster.png (157 KB, 255x265) Image search: [Google]
toaster.png
157 KB, 255x265
>>24835781
>>
File: 1446240691386.png (837 KB, 1601x1685) Image search: [Google]
1446240691386.png
837 KB, 1601x1685
>>24835760
>>24835781
>>
File: Rotoms everywhere.png (1 MB, 991x592) Image search: [Google]
Rotoms everywhere.png
1 MB, 991x592
>>24835672
>>24835658

Wow, I can use my one supporter for the turn to get one of these gems instead of using one of my 12 draw supporters (sycamore, n, and shauna are in the set)

Also, here's the archive links for previous threads (I don't think the TCG/O threads had anything worth keeping)
https://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24718260/ 1st thread
https://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24736480/ 2nd thread
https://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24753627/ 3rd thread
https://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24769242/ 4th thread
https://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24786103/ 5th thread
https://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24823348/ this thread

http://pastebin.com/s3JsDtH0 pokemon in the set
>>
File: Fridge.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Fridge.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
>>24835958
Yeah man. Rotom is the best. Every card is really just support for Rotom.
>>
>>24835658
Is there a Pokemon template yet?
>>
>>24836768
https://github.com/MSE-anon/Pokemon-Template
Click "Download ZIP"

It's not complete and Pokemon cards are really buggy. 0.30 ver fixes some critical bugs but I'm not on my laptop. 0.30 will be released tonight or tomorrow. My gf is studying for finals so she's using the laptop.
>>
>>24836019
>https://github.com/MSE-anon/Pokemon-Template
4 turns Paralysis for free seems to be too much. Make it Ace Spec and add the sentence: If you play this card, put it to your Lost Zone and it is fine.
>>
>>24835958
So, are Rotom-Cut, Rotom (Mow) and Rotom considered to be different cards? Can I have 12 Grass Rotoms in my deck?
>>
>>24837122
For now, until they get renamed to "Mow Rotom" whenever the cards get remade / they get balanced for the first time. Fan Rotom is pretty bad since so many of them are just called "Rotom" right now.
>>
Can we have Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf like Red, Blue and Green Gadget from Yu-Gi-Oh?

I think about the following:

Uxie (P) 70 HP
Ability Acuity: When you put Uxie on your bench - not in your first turn - you may search your deck for Mesprit. Shuffle your deck and put Mesprit on top of your deck.
(P) Synchronize - Until the begin of your next turn: Whenever 1 damage counter is put on this Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on the Defending Pokémon.
(P)(P) Amnesia - Return all energy cards from this Pokémon to your hand. Remove all damage counters and all Special conditions from this Pokémon.

Weakness: (P)x2 / Resistance: (Ft)-20 / Retreat costs: (C)(C)

Mesprit (P) 60 HP
Ability Verity: When you put Mesprit on your bench - not in your first turn - you may search your deck for Azelf. Shuffle your deck and put Azelf on top of your deck.
(P) Wish - At the begin of your next turn, remove up to 3 damage counters from your Pokémon in any order.
(P)(P) Future Sight 20 - Look at 1 of your Prize cards or the top card of your opponent's deck

Weakness: (P)x2 / Resistance: (Ft)-20 / Retreat costs: (C)

Azelf (P) 70 HP
Ability Valor: When you put Azelf on your bench - not in your first turn - you may search your deck for Uxie. Shuffle your deck and put Uxie on top of your deck.
(P)(C) Psychic 20
(P)(P)(C) Explosion 70 - Don't apply weakness and resistance for this move. Azelf does 70 damage to itself.

Weakness: (P)x2 / Resistance: (Ft)-20 / Retreat costs: (C)
>>
>>24837169
That Fan Rotom with 70 HP is pretty bad. Teamworks needs much setup and has high recoil damage.
>>
>>24837242
Mesprit is a little weaker, compared to Uxie and Azelf, but I like it. Uxie's attacks sound very interesting, too.
>>
>>24837242
Neat idea and no deck thinning this time. I like the wording.
>>
>>24837106
Just so we are clear, those are joke cards.
>>
File: Unova Subway.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Unova Subway.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
>>24836931
Just testing.
>>
>>24837470

This looks really OP. Waaaay too splashable, and I can't see a reason not to run 4 in every deck
>>
File: Locked Stadium.jpg (34 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Locked Stadium.jpg
34 KB, 375x523
>>24837498
Just testing the template, not a real submission.
It's something to speed up the game, just like a subway. It would be OP with this.
>>
>>24837470
>>24837567
Word of advice: save the images as .png
It just makes the card images look better unless you can't tell the difference.
>>
>>24837606
Hey, thanks, that works.
I won't resubmit those because they are retarded.
Locked Stadium ruins any chance of making Stadium Strategies viable.
>>
>>24837624
Or you can edit it. Add a text that send Locked Stadium to the discard pile after a set numbers of turns.
>>
>>24837290
Hyper Cutter Rotom, on the other hand, is absolutely perfect. Don't change anything about it, especially the art.
>>
>>24837470
I have an idea for a similar Supporter card, a hybrid of Cheren and Acro Bike:

Ingo & Emmet

Look at the top 2 cards of your deck. Choose one: Put them into your hand; or discard them and draw 2 cards.
>>
At what point to we assume that the Lackey anon is unable to return and someone else creates the plugin all over again?
>>
>>24841109
Return? I'm always watching the threads. Releasing the thing is just a matter of copy/pasting a link. I'm still just waiting for someone with a decent head on their shoulders to take charge of organizing the feedback. Every time anyone starts discussing it, the discussion dies off after a few posts.

But if you'd lie the remake the plugin yourself, be my guest. It would save me a lot of trouble since I have to keep the thing updated.
>>
File: googleforms.png (40 KB, 1659x376) Image search: [Google]
googleforms.png
40 KB, 1659x376
>>24841374
Is a shitty google form good enough to collect feedback?
(pastebin link because I couldn't post the links here)
http://pastebin.com/6JPWG1iS
>>
>>24841780

Not Lackey anon, but I like this a lot.
>>
>>24841780
Yeah, that'll work. We still need someone to actually do something with that data though, such as regularly setting up polls and organizing the results. As well as making judgement calls on things like whether something is major enough to require more than a simple majority on a single poll to go through.

Baby mechanics, Fossil mechanics, and "Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf" are all good examples of this. The baby poll was outright ignored, we've got a few restored Pokemon floating around, and people are still trying to submit individual pixie cards. All of those things need to be tested, polled, and repolled before being finalized.
>>
What about implementing Team Flare Gear-esque tools? Tools which are specifically marked as being attached to one of your opponent's Pokemon.

Some ideas:
Toxic Orb - Attach this Reverse Tool to your opponent's Active Pokemon. That Pokemon is now poisoned. If the Defending Pokemon is no longer active, remove this tool and place it in it's owner's discard pile.

Everstone - Attach this Reverse Tool to one of your opponent's Basic Pokemon. Your opponent may not play any Evolution cards from his or her hand to evolve the Pokemon this card is attached to. If the Pokemon this card is attached to does damage to your Active Pokemon, or becomes an Evolution Card through some other means, place this card in it's owner's discard pile.
>>
>>24842203
I can handle organizing the results. But in addition to "unclear" and "OP", we need "UP" and possibly "bad design" for something that slows the game to a crawl or relies entirely on luck.
>>
>>24842478
Fine. Here are the last stipulations, then:
>I'm not going to update the patch more than twice a week, so time the polls effectively
> King Biruritchi is among the first new trainers tested (try to wait at least a week before experimenting with new trainers. but I don't think adding new trainers will be a priority)
>there will eventually be further votes to determine the fate of "Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf". It'll either be replaced with a different Pokemon, split into three Pokemon, or left as-is. Make certain the polling is through before making a decision. (the alternate "Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf" stays in the patch until a decision is made)
>I request alternate baby and fossil mechanics are at least tested at some point before finalizing the set
>If you see a useless card anywhere in the patch, blame the anon who told me to remake the cards myself
>The patch is primitive at the moment. I'll add in hover-over card text, rarities and such if all goes well.
As long as those are all agreeable, I'll post the plugin.
>>
Found some more text cards while looking for the old fossil/baby polls, I'm not sure if they ever got turned into cards

Abra Basic [P]
50 HP
Ability: Emergency Teleport
At any time during your turn (before you attack) you may return Abra to your hand. (Discard all cards attached to Abra.) You can only use Emergency Teleport once per turn.
[P] Psyshock 10: Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
Weakness: 2x Darkness
No Resistance
Retreat: [C]

Kadabra Stage 1 [P]
80 HP
[P][C] Calm Mind: Flip two coins. For each heads, you may search your deck for a Basic Energy, and attach it to a Pokemon that is the same type as that energy. If both coins are heads, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon is reduced by 20
[P][P] Mind Shock 40: Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for this attack. (Any other effects that would happen after applying Weakness and Resistance still happen.)
Weakness 2x Darkness
No Resistance
Retreat: [C]

Alakazam Stage 2 [P]
100 HP
Ability: Damage Swap
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Pokémon to another as long as you don't Knock Out that Pokémon.
[P][P][P] Psycho Panic 60: If the Defending Pokémon is Psychic, this attack’s base damage is doubled.

Drapion (90 HP) Dark
D - Acupressure - 20
Choose any number of Darkness energy cards attached to this Pokemon, not used to pay for this attack. During your next turn, this attack does 10 more damage for each energy chosen. During your next turn, reduce damage done to this Pokemon by 10 for each energy card attached to this Pokemon that was not chosen.
Weak - Fighting
Resist -Psychic
Retreat - **
>>
>>24842725
That should be "thorough" and not through. I also want to clarify that by "first trainers tested", I mean whenever we get around to testing more (not the initial batch).
>>
>stealing artwork
Epic
>>
>>24842748

Tyrogue Basic [F]
50 hp +20 psychic weakness
[C] Smack 10
[F][C] Straighten Out: search your deck for a pokemon that evolves from Tyrogue and attach it to this Pokemon, this counts as evolving this pokemon.

Hitmonlee Stage 1 [F]
80 HP +30 Psy weakness
Ability: Stretch Kick
You may have this pokemon's attacks deal 10 less damage to the active pokemon, and deal 10 damage to one of your opponents benched pokemon
[F][F] Mega Kick 50

Hitmonchan Stage 1 [F]
80 HP +30 Psy weakness
[F][C] Fire Punch 30 Treat this attacks damage as being [R] if the opponent has a weakness to [R]
[F][F][C] Mega Punch 60

Hitmontop Stage 1 [F]
70 HP +30 Psy weakness
Ability: Intimidate
Attacks from your opponents active Pokemon deal 10 less damage to Hitmontop
[F][F] Rapid Spin 40 You may discard a tool card attached to your opponent's active pokemon OR discard a card at random from your opponents hand
>>
>>24842757
>another anon bitching about the art we use as placeholders
>>
Here's the polls requested by the Lackey anon.

Lake Trio(because the old one was 4-3-1 https://strawpoll.me/6049787/r )
http://strawpoll.me/6295201
Fossils (no old poll present)
http://strawpoll.me/6295231
Babies (no old poll present)
http://strawpoll.me/6295256

I'm including a 4th poll that's pretty important. It originally was voted that weakness would not be x2 https://strawpoll.me/5975348/r . Since a lot of the submitted cards do have x2 weakness, this needs to be re-polled. If +X wins, there will be another poll to determine if there will be set values, or every card needs to be adjusted separately.
http://strawpoll.me/6295288
>>
>>24842960
Aren't these things that should be decided, like, after testing different options? Randomly polling before anyone has played with the set isn't accomplishing much.

And the Lake Trio poll doesn't even have an option to replace them with something else and release them separately if/when we do another set. Right now splitting them will just cause an unbalance in type distrobution.
>>
>>24842982
This is an option to split them up and type distribution doesn't matter at this point because there's tons of alt versions of cards. The only type I'm concerned about is dark because it can only hit for weakness on base rotom and the chandlure line and in the TCG, every fairy resists dark.
>>
>>24842960
Ah, no. What I meant was that we eventually, once we get the biggest balance issues hammered out, test out different options, then decide which works best. It doesn't need to, and shouldn't, be done right away. The weakness thing is a good point and should also be on the list for eventual testing.

I'm actually just waiting for someone to okay the terms before posting the link. I think they're reasonable enough.
>>
>>24843012
>type distribution doesn't matter at this point because there's tons of alt versions of cards
All of those are going to eventually be cut.
>>
>>24843019
I should clarify: Initially, we only intended to have one of each Pokemon. The intent of the multiple submissions is so that we have multiple options as to which one gets implemented. Right now, I believe every type has the same amount of Pokemon if you disregard multiples.

Right now, with only the bare minimum Trainers, there are Two-Hundred and Fifty-Five cards in the first Lackey patch. Even with the multiples removed, we're going to have a hard time staying under 180 after Trainers. This set would be outright ridiculous if we didn't thin out the multiples.
>>
>>24843013
The terms seem fine. Would letting us download all the images avoid the issue of the card data being incomplete? Also, people can help fill in the blanks on the card data.

>>24843059
The type distribution seems close enough
Current Total: 139
Grass: 14
Fire: 14
Water: 15
Lightning: 13
Psychic: 14
Fighting: 13
Dark: 11
Metal: 11
Fairy: 13
Dragon: 7
Colorless: 14
>>
>>24843059
There were too many cards to begin with. The set I'm creating I've narrowed down the total list to 98.

imo the set list needs to be remade. Balancing this will be a nightmare and I can guarantee 85% of the cards submitted so far are mostly useless.
>>
>>24843093
The card images are all set up to download automatically. The card text data is completely optional, which is why I didn't bother with it. Just please hold off on the premature polls. They're nice to get an idea of what people want, but major balance decisions shouldn't be made with a poll released before anyone has had a week or two to get used to the format.

And again, the card images had to be bigger than normally because the text was so tiny on some of these, so the card image pops up on rollover. You can fix it by making the window bigger and increasing the size of the sidebar that contains the card image.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/145755856/pokemon/updatelist.txt

>>24843111
Of course 85% of the cards are probably going to need to be replaced, and of course it was stupid to decided the set list (or anything else for that matter) from a poll held before the project started. Regardless, restarting a community project and expecting it turn out better the second time is a one-way ticket to killing it. If people want a /vp/ set to happen badly enough, then the first step is to get rid of the major outliers in terms of power. Then slowly chop the multiples out. Then slowly chop out the other shit and replace it with cards that the format needs.

Anyhow, if the plugin doesn't work, let me know and I'll fix it.
>>
I'll be sitting in the lobby for the next 10 minutes or so if anyone wants to play.
>>
This deck was immediately judged as overpowered because of all the support Kirlia has. Nerfs will likely happen to kirlia and meloetta. Ninjask, Rotom, and Diancie could also be nerfed if they appear in more "broken" decks.

Pokemon - 23
4 Kirlia (x10 damage snipe for each basic for Y)
4 Ralts (peek for free retreat)
4 Meloetta (if benched heals 20 from both active, stacks)
2 Ninjask (-2 retreat to everything, 40 for C on a coin flip)
2 Nincada (moves from discard to bench)
2 Tyrunt (filler, prevents any damage >50)
2 Diancie (filler, can search, do 50 or more for 3)
3 Rotom (filler, draw from top 4 at start of turn)

Supporters - 13
2 Rick (Az)
3 Gary Oak (N, draw support)
4 Dr Mason (syacmore, draw support)
4 Tech Sam (tierno, draw support)

Items - 10
4 Great Ball (seaching for pokemon)
4 Poke Ball (searching for pokemon)
2 Super Rod (filler)

Stadiums - 4
4 Laverre City (retreat after attacking if only Y left on active, let's kirlia/ninjask pivot to anything)

Energy - 10
10 Fairy Energy
>>
Sitting in lobby for testing.
>>
HOLY SHIT, THAT STUPID MOUNTAIN RING BUG COST ME A PERFECT GAME FUCK THIS
>>
>>24843158
Thanks. I appreciate the fact that you used "Metal" and not "Steel".

>>24840250
Not bad.
>>
Since we're testing it's time to start trippin'.
>>
>>24843941
>was immediately judged as
Write in active voice when you comment on balance or I can't tell whose judgment this is.

I agree that Ralts, Meloetta and Tyrunt have really silly Abilities though. Need to test more but they're almost certainly too strong.
>>
Is there any way to play against yourself on Lackey?
>>
playing field's not showing up, I'm new to this program. is this a common issue?
>>
File: dummy.png (275 KB, 757x505) Image search: [Google]
dummy.png
275 KB, 757x505
>>24844179
You can give the dummy a saved deck by right clicking on it.
>>
Okay wait can someone give me a step by step on how to get this Lackey thing working?
>>
File: lackeygetset.png (41 KB, 1069x334) Image search: [Google]
lackeygetset.png
41 KB, 1069x334
>>24844311
You go to the plugin tab, paste the download link, then download. Then you mess around to figure out the rest of the stuff.
>>
>CARD
Whiscash
>ISSUE
Ruling, OP
>DETAILS
Ruled that Gary Oak, Dr. Mason, etc. trigger 10 damage for each card drawn. Though reliant on luck to get to Gary Oak, Glutton Crusher forces the opponent to take 50+ damage for using a hand refresh Supporter.
>>
>>24844505
Balance suggestion
Change Glutton Crusher to:
"If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, put 2 damage counters on your Opponent's Active Pokémon when he or she draws a card at the start of their turn."

2 might be too high but 1 seems minuscule.
>>
>>24844555
That doesn't have anything to do with drawing anymore. That's just 20 damage each turn cycle.
>>
>>24844570
The original idea of the effect is no good unless you limit it. But even then that can turn into a guaranteed 30 damage every turn or whatever it's limited to.
>>
>CARD
Absol (Glare)
>ISSUE
Bad design
>DETAILS
The ability to easily switch between two Absols with Laverre City or Ninjask's Quick Aura allows Absol to easily circumvent the restriction on Glare. Combined with the splashability of Leftovers and Meloetta, Glare lock can stop a game completely.
>RECOMMENDATION
Since there is no way to boost Glare's damage in the set, and Glare causes a bunch of other cards to be problematic, the simplest solution is to remove Glare lock. Give Glare the same restriction as Camouflage: "Your Pokémon can't use Glare during your next turn."

>>24844662
Just make all draw effects deal 10 damage total. "When your opponent draws 1 or more cards, place 1 damage counter on the Defending Pokémon."
>>
>CARD
Smeargle (Change of Scenery)
>ISSUE
OP
>DETAILS
Ability provides a slow but uninterrupted damage increase, set up with no effort by Dr. Mason, and usable by multiple Smeargles each turn. Can't be countered except by drawing into the unsearchable Mirage Island.
>RECOMMENDATION
Since Ho-Oh already has a much fairer version of this Ability and there are several Smeargles available, this card should be removed from the set.

>CARD
Meganium (Relaxing Scent)
>ISSUE
OP trainwreck
>DETAILS
160 HP, attacks for 70 off 2 Energy, Ability has a 50% chance of setting up a oneshot on everything in the set, +20 Weakness instead of 2x. Would be overpowered in Standard.
>RECOMMENDATION
Remove and delete, forget there ever was such a thing
>>
Kirlia is broken with Lysandre
>>
>>24845127
>CARD
Ho-oh (Flame Charge)
>ISSUE
OP
>DETAILS
Deals a ridiculous 40 damage for two energy, PLUS a chance to draw a card. Also has 120 HP.
>RECOMMENDATION
Nerf the HP. Nerf the damage on the first attack. (the other Ho-oh is cooler, anyway0
>>
Okay I got a deck made... now how the fuck do I play someone?
>>
May I ask what the second Pastebin's for?
>>
>>24846770
>pastebin
Imgur, excuse me. Is it kind of like an "approved" list?
>>
>>24846782
No, it's just the result of imgur not having a community upload feature.
>>
>>24845742

You just connect to the matching server and hope somebody else with the vpset is online.
>>
>>24847158
We need some kind of time frame.
How many of you are available at any time between 2 AM and 8 AM UTC?
>>
File: whiscash.jpg (274 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
whiscash.jpg
274 KB, 474x659
Did I fix it?
>>
I went through the report list and came up with ways to push the cards towards being more balanced.

Kirlia V1 (hepling hand)
>Hepinging hand now costs YY
Meloetta V1 (happy melody)
>Happy Melody now heals 10 to your active only, can be used while active and on dark types
>HP reduced to 60
>retreat reduced to 1
Meganium V2 (wake up whip)
>HP reduced to 110
>Wake up whip cost increased to GGG, 40 damage with 40 bonus damage
>weakness/resistance unchanged
Whiscash V1 (10 damage per card drawn)
>glutton crusher instead does 20 when your opponent plays a supporter
Absol V1 (glare)
>absol may only use glare once while in play
Kingler V1 (90 for WWW guillotine)
>Guillotine is now for 60 for WWW
Kingdra V1 (attacks reduced by CC if 2 W and 2 L energy in discard)
>remove Undertow ability, the attacks are fair already
Drapion V1 (acupressure)
>acupressure sends energy to hand instead of attaching
>fighting weakness and psychic resist changed to just psychic weakness
Ho-oh V1 (flame charge)
>HP reduced to 80
>flare charge now does 30 damage
Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit V1
>renamed correctly to Victini
Togekiss V1 (colorless)
>type changed to fairy
>air slash's cost is now YYC
Smeargle V1 (colorful painting)
>Ability now activated by placing 2 damage on smeargle
>>
>>24849122
I like most of these, but it doesn't stop Smeargle's steady damage rackup well enough. Maybe only use it if Smeargle is your Active Pokemon, discard an Energy at the end of the turn if you use it, make it so you can't use it next turn, turn the Energy's type to Colorless after your turn, or some other penalty.
>>
>CARD
Meloetta v1
>ISSUE
Everything
>DETAILS
Too high HP for a basic with a lot of support, 4[C] for 60 is too high for the base set, basics should convert each [C] into 10 damage, also induces Sleep and Retreat cut. Stackable healing, allows you to stall till forever, while you set anything up in a game without Lysande/Gust of the Wind.
>RECOMMENDATION
Remove Meloetta V1, nothing is worth saving in this card.
>>
I got bored and make some emergency fixes for shits and giggles. Since it was a half-ass thing, I didn't bother doing it the proper way. As a result, you have to manually remove the image from your lackey folder so that it redownloads the updated versions. I've included the file names of the updated cards. (or you can just delete every image in the folder)
QUICK FIXES:
>[003] Meganium: damage and HP nerfed considerably
>[005] Ninjask's effect reduced
>[033(2)] Kingler damage nerf
>[037(2)] Whishcash HP and effect nerfed
>[068] Rotom ability nerfed
>[070(1)] Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf properly renamed
>[110] Kirilia Helping Hand nerf
>[128(3)] Smeargle ability nerf
>[139(1)] Meloetta HP and ability nerf. Attack damage and cost also reduced to make it less useless
>[ShiningWeedle] Shining Weedle ability nerf

Remember, if you've previously downloaded the plugin, these will only show up if you manually delete the previous image from your lackey folder. This won't be the case for "real" updates, but this was a half-assed fix.
>>
>>24849872
Make sure you remind any opponents you run into to delete these cards from their folder, in case they don't see this notice. Lackey will automatically download the new version if the image file is missing.
>>
>>24849872
It's appreciated tho
>>
>>24849872
And who the fuck said you can just change the lake fairies to Victini? That was decided on a poll.
>>
>>24851190
It's a good thing there's no Victini. Only Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf.
>>
File: 070(1).jpg (79 KB, 428x616) Image search: [Google]
070(1).jpg
79 KB, 428x616
>>24851190
He fixed it. There's obviously no Victini anywhere in the plugin.

It was also one of his conditions for releasing the patch:
>there will eventually be further votes to determine the fate of "Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf". It'll either be replaced with a different Pokemon, split into three Pokemon, or left as-is. Make certain the polling is through before making a decision. (the alternate "Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf" stays in the patch until a decision is made)
>>
hosted the game "VP Playtesting". Anyone online?
>>
>>24851717
Ok, maybe I'll try it later today
>>
>>24849122
Has anyone used Undertow?
>>
>>24847861
Look up a card called "Dowsing Machine", then look up what ACE SPEC is.
>>
>>24849872
I appreciate the Smeargle nerf but it seems really inelegant. There has to be a simpler way to restrict it.
>>
Remember to use cards even if they look worthless, people. Otherwise we won't know what to buff.
>>
>>24852483
For the most part, I just tried to put simple restrictions on them to stop them from being strong enough to sweep entire games and interfering with testing. These aren't meant to be final changes, since there was no voting or anything.
>>24851190
It obviously wasn't meant to be final, since the real Lake Trio are also in there. I just wanted to people to realize that, mechanically, swapping out the Lake Trio with something else is just a matter of changing a card's name. If people voted for the fairies to be in the set, it's probably because they wanted to see justice done to them. If it turns out that we can't do them justice in this set (such as having to mash them all into a single card), then there's no shame in just pushing them back and giving them top priority if we do another set.

Again, this is something that needs to actually be discussed and debated before coming to a final decision, not something where an early poll should be taken as absolute.
>>24852523
I've actually got a solution for that in mind, but I'm too busy making more Victini cards to piss off >>24851190, so it'll take a while to implement.
>>
So far Slaking has no real weaknesses other than being Stage 2. Probably too cost-efficient.

Feraligatr is annoying but still pretty slow.
>>
We're playing right now, if anyone wants to test.
>>
>>24854990
What mons are you guys testing now, and how many Stage 2s are good at this point?
>>
>>24855084
It's hard to say what stage 2s are good, since most games generally consist of one overpowered Pokemon sweeping everything.
>>
>>24855084
I haven't tested any others since the update.
>>
>>24855084
Tyranitar and feraligator just sit around and deal passive damage. Togekiss with leftovers gets permanent paralysis for CC.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.