[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has something like this never been made for GBA, DS, or 3DS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Why has something like this never been made for GBA, DS, or 3DS?
>>
>>24820286

There is one for the 3DS, but it's more of tutorial than a full-fledged game and it was only available in Japan.

And on a more practical note, the TCGO exists.
>>
>>24820309
But TCGO is terrible
>>
>>24820286
I would love to have more of these games. If I had the skill to make one myself I'd do one of the gym heroes/gym challenge era or of the Neo era to pick up where the 2nd one left off.
>>
>>24820450
This.

Gym series were my favorite
>>
>>24820450

>>24815032
>>
>>24820286
I guess it would lower sales of the actual cards.
>>
>>24820286
It would make the actual card game (which rakes in money) less profitable, as people could play against countless online opponents using any card they wanted instead of having to meet up IRL and buy hundreds of packs of random cards to get the good ones.

Also the TGC game was released on the 3DS e-shop.
>>
>>24820286
Saving it for Future plans.
>>
File: IMG_20151206_191522.jpg (2 MB, 4864x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_191522.jpg
2 MB, 4864x2736
Feels good to play it oldschool familia
>>
>>24820286
>the TCGO exists.
>pay to win bullshit

I like to play pokemon cards, but I don't want it on the computer, where I have to buy the real cards and add it to the game.
>>
File: Cat Punch.jpg (16 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
Cat Punch.jpg
16 KB, 210x300
>>24820515
>less profitable
Didn't stop Yu-Gi-Yo when they made so many games.
And pokemon never stops making money, that why in every store that sell cards, Pokemon always has the biggest space for it,
>>
>>24820286
I played this when I was a kid, but didn't know shit about the TCG, don't even know how I played it properly.
Is this a good way to get into the TCG? I've always wanted go back and learn the game where it began, with the old cards.
>>
>>24821061
>any TCG
>not p2w
Are you a special needs?
>>
>>24821129
It's the perfect way to get into it. I knew how to play but it taught me a few things I was doing wrong.
>>
>>24820286
As far as Japan is concerned, the TCG over there is cheap as chips to play.

>>24820334
I think it's fine and it has a decent model, but the update that implemented BREAKthrough made the interface fucking horrible.

>>24821061
Mate, you can grind for cards just fine. Unless you keep buying physical cards and get their codes for boosters, you can get away with using tokens to buy theme decks, play in theme tournaments, and trade the non-locked rewards for competent cards, starting with a budget deck like Medicham or something. You literally can't spend a cent on the client unless you live in Canada, either.
>>
>>24821226
He means the online game is a p2w

YGOpro for example comes with all cards unlocked

Also i tried PTCGO but it got old so fast for me, a lot of players get butthurt and stop playing or take a shit load of time to think their turn not to mention the breakthrough update fucked up everything.

I really wish they'd make a new TCG for 3ds or maybe someone made something like YGOpro for PC
>>
>>24822696
Another option would be to make a game full of cards that don't exist IRL. That way they're not competing with themselves.

Then release the cards IRL in a big reveal and rake in the neetbux.
>>
>>24822736
>>24822696
>but if all cards are unlocked
Then it would still be p2w.
>>
>>24820286
When I was a kid I collected the cards just cause it was Pokemon, never played it and stopped collecting after a short while. Never played the games on the Gameboy. Got the game when it came out on the eShop and I loved it immeadiately. It was so much fun, just restarted it the other day actually, and it convinced me and a friend to start collecting the cards again and play together. I knew the online one existed and figured I should check it out and I really dislike it. The only thing it has going for it over the GBC one is being able to see the whole play area at once but thats really it. Its laggy, getting cards is more annoying and the single player experience is very lacking compared to the gym style the clubs in the GBC game had. I would love an updated game that plays just like the original.

Best Music btw
http://youtu.be/oEbSw-zKA8s
>>
>>24823755
If all cards are unlocked from the start thus everyone being on equal terms, how the hell will that make it p2w?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.