[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Rejuvenation: Thread 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 151
Have you always wanted Pokemon to have a better story? Does your idea of a better story involve graphic violence executed with the art style of a children's game? How about DEMON pokemon, capitalised for emphasis? How about unique, well written characters, most of which fit the archetype of the hyperactive girl chinese cartoon character who drags everyone around by the nose and never suffers the consequence of their actions? The same copypasted Arceus cult-worship every bad fanfiction loves to squeeze in?

If you answered yes, then Pokemon Rejuvenation is for you! Join us on our adventure through the Aevium region, the product of one 'SuperJanBro', whose magnum opus was inspired by Pokemon Reborn, which taught us to mind our pronouns.

Previous threads:
>>24778859
http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24654343/
http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24674439/

Last time, we had to beat up the second gym leader not once, but TWICE, both times with a bullshit field condition before he finally passed us the badge we desperately need. And before that he died while we beat up a Shadow Mewtwo and pic related. Which means the second time we fought him, we were fighting a ghost.
>>
File: The ride of your life.png (55 KB, 226x217) Image search: [Google]
The ride of your life.png
55 KB, 226x217
HERE WE GO
>>
File: 72.png (306 KB, 792x633) Image search: [Google]
72.png
306 KB, 792x633
It so happens that our Snag Machine, the valuable and likely illegal machine that a super special donut steel OC made from 'a few spare parts' was broken by one of the admins of the evil team, so now we're traveling to find someone to fix it.

Because the creator doesn't have a shred of originality, here comes a copypaste of Mirror B, of Pokemon Colosseum/XD fame.

Now, really, Rorrim B?
>>
>>24796153
>dance you're way
>you're way
>you're
>you are

Holy shit what the fuck. English isn't even my mother language and I know this shit isn't right.

Rorrim is Mirror mirrored. Nice pun, I guess?
>>
Read the last thread and I'm baffled this is a thing someone put effort into
>>
File: 73.png (956 KB, 792x1883) Image search: [Google]
73.png
956 KB, 792x1883
For those of you who never played the gamecube games, Mirror B was unique in that he got his own special battle themes when you fought him. He's a dancer, and his whole team consists of lots of Ludicolo, fitting them theme.

Colosseum battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp5ceMa5KXI
XD GoD Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlQhTuL608E
So let's have his copypaste use all kinds of bug pokemon, makes sense.

Like Reborn before it, this game loves to use the music of GlitchXCity, a youtube user who mainly remixes pokemon music. While I think most of her music is alright, it can't be stated how much she butchered Mirror B's XD theme, at least in my opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM9EImPSZTA

This is used in this fight, by the way. compare it to the above theme.
>>
File: 74.png (679 KB, 792x1266) Image search: [Google]
74.png
679 KB, 792x1266
>>24796168
Yes, it's an obvious mistake.

There's that, I supposed.

Anyway, we send this poser packing, and continue along our merry way through the route, trying not to think about how our kidnapped mother is doing right now. At least the route is pretty comfy.

There's a change of environment, and suddenly the people become pretty unfriendly. Thanks, you too, asshole.
>>
File: 75.png (341 KB, 792x949) Image search: [Google]
75.png
341 KB, 792x949
We run into Ren, one of our rivals. For some reason, he won't let us into what appears to be his hometown.

He makes the mistake of trying to fight us.
>>
File: Moemon (patched)_01.png (8 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Moemon (patched)_01.png
8 KB, 240x160
Does the game support cute?
>>
File: 76.png (812 KB, 792x1582) Image search: [Google]
76.png
812 KB, 792x1582
This motherfucker opens with a Prankster Sableye, holding leftovers. He also has several hyper potions ready for use, at this level.

Our newest permanent team member starts pulling his weight. Toxic is the best way of dealing with stallfags.

He uses a mono-dark team, with the exception is his starter Frogadier who hasn't fully evolved. Clefairy, unfortunately, does not yet know fairy moves to destroy his team in one fell swoop.

also, for some reason he says the exact same thing as in his first fight when you bring his last pokemon to low HP. Might be a glitch.

>>24796209
You could always edit the game files and replace the sprites. Might lift the mood.
>>
>>24796200
I'm still catching up from earlier, but I saw you used him in the doubles battles. What kind of personality does he have?
>>
File: 77.png (607 KB, 792x1582) Image search: [Google]
77.png
607 KB, 792x1582
Turn out, he won't let us in because he's butthurt he's never accomplished anything of note, and wants to be the hero of the town. So he locks us out before causally mentioning that Venam's pokemon might be able to melt the barrier.

Oh boy. Venam is the absolute bitch that was the first gym leader. We have to deal with her again.

>>24796223
Nothing much of note before, this is where you start to see more of him.
>>
>>24796209
>>24796221
we need moemon patch. so much.
>>
File: 78.png (143 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
78.png
143 KB, 792x634
Man I sure love wild goose chases. I mean, all the NPCs could just say she's in the sewers, but it's super fun for me to run around a laggy city that takes forever to even run across without cheatengine's speedhack. Thank you, Jan, you are my greatest ally.
>>
>tfw melia isn't likely dead and we'll have to save her ass
>>
File: 79.png (132 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
79.png
132 KB, 792x634
So, when we first came into the sewers, there was a locked door no one could access. Turns out it opened, and now for some reason there's this huge-ass mansion under the city.

>>24796248
Do you think the creator would just let his super special OC die like that?
>>
File: 80.png (161 KB, 396x951) Image search: [Google]
80.png
161 KB, 396x951
This creepy unnatural supernatural event just occurred. Let's investigate without any preparation, I'm sure nothing bad could happen
>>
File: 81.png (364 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
81.png
364 KB, 792x1585
We find the owner of this well-located piece of real estate quickly enough. He doesn't take kindly to this band of burglars.

Unfortunately, we can't just leave and disavow any connection to Venam, since we need her.
>>
>>24796257
>no one could access

>Hey, this door won't open. Should we drill through like always?
>Nah, just leave it there until the door disappears somehow
>>
File: 82.png (277 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
82.png
277 KB, 792x1268
This man's name is Indriad. He looks sort of familliar.

In what must be some attempt to kill him by giving him an aneurysm, our band of faggots proceeds to act as retarded as humanely possible.

>u wot XDDDD
>hey it must be related to food huh xDDDD
>>
>>24796279
Holy shit please tell me this Venam girl just fucking dies at some point. A sacrifice or some shit.

This gave me cancer.
>>
File: 83.png (373 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
83.png
373 KB, 792x1585
So the dual prophecies are two prophecies, one talking about nice things like people not dying and the other talking about bringing tidings of doom and gloom.

Actually, we might already be familiar with those two prophecies. In the ancient library we found not too long ago, where the mega ring got stolen right under our noses, we found something that might fit the description.

>>24779294
>>24779299

And then he casually mentions he's going to kill us. Sure.

>>24796288
You think she's insufferable? I have bad news for you, she's not even the worst of the lot.
>>
File: 84.png (128 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
84.png
128 KB, 792x634
He uses maids, even.
Unfortunately, we can't try to get onto his good side by showing we're not uncultured swine.
>>
File: 85.png (409 KB, 880x1056) Image search: [Google]
85.png
409 KB, 880x1056
Fortunately, we don't stay in our cell for long. This little blonde girl comes and saves us.

Her name is Marianette.

Hold on, Marianette is also the name of the girl we played at the very beginning. Didn't she get sacrificed?
>>
>>24796303
>and you are telling us this because...?

The only good thing she has said in the whole game.

Also, friendly reminder that this bitch tried to steal our wallet.
>>
File: 86.png (311 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
86.png
311 KB, 880x1408
She also insists she knows us.

>fuck the others, just save yourself

I like this girl.

Unfortunately, her daddy doesn't like her saving his presumably future funtime slaves.

>>24796325
What, when our money got stolen? That was another hyper randumb girl. This one made us buy her food.
>>
File: 87.png (459 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
87.png
459 KB, 880x1760
>you know I love you sweetie pie but I'm going to *punish* you~

This guy is giving me really creepy vibes. He tells us that if we manage to free our, uh, acquaintances and beat up his daughter, he'll let us go. Otherwise he'll sacrifice us to the Pokemon based off a chinese demiurge creature with shinto influences that everyone treats like a Judeo-christian copypaste.
>>
File: 88.png (199 KB, 440x1056) Image search: [Google]
88.png
199 KB, 440x1056
Oh, and apparently our challenge was supposed to be nigh impossible, but she managed to do it and freed us anyway. Too bad we can't just take the kid with us and kill everyone else.
>>
File: 89.png (297 KB, 880x352) Image search: [Google]
89.png
297 KB, 880x352
First challenge involves jumping over a lava maze with some teleporters. Not very hard.
>>
File: 90.png (487 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
90.png
487 KB, 880x1760
The sidequest we did that ended up with us keeping the book to decipher ancient evil language proves useful here. These statues tell the light and dark prophecies. If we read them, the maids are impressed and help us out.

Though Shadow Tag Gothitelle is an absolute monster, in-game trainers rarely switch, so it makes no difference for us. Into the box it goes.
>>
File: 91.png (468 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
91.png
468 KB, 880x1408
We're stuck here and can't leave until we finish the boss fight a bit later. Don't have pokemon capable of beating the leader? Not to worry, you can find amazing Pokemon here like Zebstrika that will probably do fuckall to fend off a normal team fighting in another bullshit field, including a high leveled Slaking.

Thank you, Jan.
>>
File: 92.png (497 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
92.png
497 KB, 880x1760
Behind the other bookcase, we find this strange prisoner. Her name is Anju. Apaprently she's been here for years.

Even though we haven't freed Venam from her cell, she somehow comes waltzing in. Anju insists it's a maid in disguise, and for some reason we can't heed her advice.
>>
File: 93.png (547 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
93.png
547 KB, 880x1760
She goes berserk, and somehow makes ice explode in the room. Venam is revealed to be a maid in disguise and we're ejected while they contain the damage.

So maids are capable of perfect mimicry. Might be something to keep in mind.
>>
Arceus never asked for this shit.
>>
Funny how the maids don't seem to care at all.
>>
File: 94.png (442 KB, 880x1744) Image search: [Google]
94.png
442 KB, 880x1744
This is our next trial. We have to talk to all doppelgangers of the people we don't really want to associate it, and pick out which one is the fake based on what we know of their personalities.

Venam's is simple, at least. She doesn't use a Venipede, so that's the fake. Also, it's one of the few having her act like a decent human being, so it can't be her.
>>
File: 95.png (347 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
95.png
347 KB, 880x1408
Ren is next. How the maids or Indriad know all this is beyond me.

We didn't really know anything much about Ren, so I guess the dev thought of this as a chance to show his personality. He hates his home, is butthurt, and a loser. Oh, but he 'cares' about his 'friends'. The only reason that stood out is because he's obviously not meant to be a bad guy, no matter how much you want to stick his head underwater.

>>24796411
It's how they deal with their creepy boss, I suppose.
>>
File: 96.png (583 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
96.png
583 KB, 880x1760
Hey I hope you paid attention to this character you just met and know all the details about her. This is fun, right? t. Jan
>>
File: 97.png (359 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
97.png
359 KB, 880x1408
We have to free Venam, because we need her. Too bad we can't toss her back once we're done.

The last challenge is just Surge's gym, but with bookcases.

Once we free everyone, the maids promptly recapture them, dragging them to Indriad's funtime chamber. Aaand we can't leave. Hope you grinded beforehand!
>>
File: 98.png (638 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
98.png
638 KB, 880x1408
In the battle room, Marianette is standing right on top of one of this sacrificial altar things. Even though I'd really like to save her, my mother's life is on the line, sort of. Sorry, kid.
>>
File: 99.png (363 KB, 880x704) Image search: [Google]
99.png
363 KB, 880x704
Trainer class, Esoteric.

Hold the fuck up
>blond
>wears black
>normal type team
>Marianette
>Melia
>Melianette?

Probably not a coincidence, since Marianette claims to know us somehow. The only thing missing is Melia's inexplicable shiny attraction/creation powers.

This battle is fought on a blessed field. From the readme:

* Normal type attacks hit Ghost and Dark types for super effective damage
Fighting type attacks hit Ghost for super effective damage
* Ghost and special Dark moves decrease in base power x0.5
* Fairy and special Normal moves increase in base power x1.5
* Dragon and moves increase in base power x1.2
* Legendary signature moves are gain a 1.5 boost

The following moves gain a 1.5x power boost
Ancient Power, Hidden Power, Multipulse
* Justified's effect is doubled
* Wish restores 75% of the user's Max HP (from 50%)
* Cursed Body has no effect
* Curses are lifted after each turn
* Miracle Eye additionally boosts SpAtk
* The stat changing effect of these moves is amplified:
Cosmic Power, Growth, Flash
* Nature Power becomes Judgment
* Camouflage changes the user's type to Normal
* Secret Power may lower SpAtk
The following moves will transform this field into a Haunted field
Curse, Ominous Wind, Shadow Force, Phantom Force

>Normal type attacks hit Ghost and Dark types for super effective damage
>special Normal moves increase in base power x1.5

Balanced
>>
>>24796468
Why would they be sacrificing anything to Arceus? Even if they're literally just subbing 'Arceus' for 'God', have they not heard of the New Testament? Kinda says clearly that you don't have to do burnt offerings and that sort of thing anymore.
Not to mention that a person isn't symbolically anything like a pure animal, the best of your best.
>>
File: 100.png (529 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
100.png
529 KB, 880x1408
>The stat changing effect of these moves is amplified:
Cosmic Power, Flash

Excellent.

I have my Roselia open with setting up a layer of two toxic spikes. Fortunately, her opening Heliolisk isn't particularly threatening.

Even without the bullshit field boosts, I can't stress how much of a monster Clefairy is. I used minimize to max out evasion, then I only had to use Cosmic Power three times for maxed defenses. That's a total of 18 boosts.

Stored Power's BP is 20, with 20 more for reach boost. That becomes a BP of 380 being spammed by Clefairy.

Even if I don't attack, the toxic spikes kills them. Gaga is a beast.

>>24796507
Because evul kults are cool.
>>
>>24796507
Reminder under Old Arceus Law people had relationships with Pokemon
>>
File: 101.png (280 KB, 440x1056) Image search: [Google]
101.png
280 KB, 440x1056
Sorry, kid.

She used to be much harder, because she didn't actually use normal types before. If memory serves, she had Clefable, Slaking, Porygon2 and Wigglytuff in her old team, I forgot the rest. Back then, I dealt with it with a Bulk Up Infernape and praying I outspeeded everything.
>>
>>24796485
I wonder sometimes if it'd be worth carrying around some moves just for the purpose or changing the field to fuck over the opponent, or at the very least, not get fucked over ourselves.
>>
>>24796507

They're always misguided and the real Arceus has actually blessed our special MC in these cases.

It was like that in Reborn too, I think.
>>
File: 102.png (754 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
102.png
754 KB, 880x1760
So it turns out this sacrificing nonsense was a ruse. Remember in the prologue when we played as Marianette and was about to get sacrificed?

Turns out, she's actually immune.

She releases our... acquaintances we are reluctantly associated with.

>>24796526
Opponents usually have moves that will change the field right back. If you can take advantage of the one or so turns you'll have before they change it back, or are fast enough so they never get the chance, sure.

>>24796530
The nature or Arceus hasn't been revealed in either game. However in Reborn, there's a pretty interesting piece of text when you leave what's supposed to be where Arceus is hiding. It implies Areceus is actually some kind of psychotic child-god, sort of like in Akira.
>>
Guys, is there a list of when what Pokemon are available?

I can see if I can make my dream team and probably get killed because not all of them are too good.

alsowhythefuckthereisthatlevel80trainerinfirstcity
>>
File: 103.png (285 KB, 880x704) Image search: [Google]
103.png
285 KB, 880x704
And here we witness a victim of child abuse rising above her tormentor. Too bad she can't follow us.

And unlike the fuckface we had to fight twice, she hands us our badge straight away despite the obvious inconveniences. We'll remember you.
>>
File: 104.png (408 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
104.png
408 KB, 880x1408
And here one of them expresses their gratitude to me bailing their lives out by saying they'd do it over again. No thanks to you, cunt.

>>24796556
On the forums somewhere.
Hope you like shitmons.
>>
File: 105.png (150 KB, 440x1056) Image search: [Google]
105.png
150 KB, 440x1056
As we leave, the mansion suddenly turns into this dinky little building with a TM inside. Thanks again, kid.

The badge design looks pretty ugly IMO, but at least we're cute enough to compensate.
>>
File: 1.png (373 KB, 880x704) Image search: [Google]
1.png
373 KB, 880x704
When we return to the route, some stands have been set up.

A funnel cake acts as a max review. Very valuable.

Some kid here has a mystery egg. This is your chance to roll for a Pokemon that's guaranteed to be at least decent, but we need to give him a Phantump egg. We'll get to him later.
>>
>>24796572
Is Oddish a shitmon?

I like Oddish
>Purity Forest
>mfw I was just playing PMD

nopenopenope

>litwick as an event
Well this is going to take whil-

>budew
>gearen city
where. is it a rare grass find?
>>
File: 2.png (428 KB, 880x1056) Image search: [Google]
2.png
428 KB, 880x1056
Venam easily clears up the barrier for us.

She has a strange reaction when we tell us we're looking for Saki.

>>24796600
Vileplume
>>
File: 3.png (569 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
3.png
569 KB, 880x1408
Hahaha

Man I love it when grills get all wacky and stuff xD
Epic! Simply Epic! Comedy gold guys!

Unfortunately, she's right. You'll see later.

>>24796600
Vileplume has no speed and isn't particularly bulky. It can work, especially since it gets leech seed and toxic, very important moves. Giga drain, too.

Budew is a 1% encounter in the park area. Good luck.
>>
File: 4.png (464 KB, 880x1056) Image search: [Google]
4.png
464 KB, 880x1056
Anyway, we finally make it to the next settlement, Goldenleaf town.

Sure is a friendly place.
>>
>>24796618
Vileplume is the offensive branch.
Bellossom seems to be aiming to be a wall, but pure Grass-type isn't exactly the best type.

still waiting for mega bellossom

Also.

>1%
Well, this is where I need to enter 'gotta go fast' mode.
>>
File: 5.png (415 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
5.png
415 KB, 880x1760
Oh, and it looks like we've found Ren's home. At least his mother is nice.
>>
>>24796625
I can feel the edge in the air
>>
File: 6.png (760 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
6.png
760 KB, 880x1760
Also, there's a public lynching in session. We decide to do our good deed for the day and save this girl's life.

What a friendly place.
>>
File: 7.png (48 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
7.png
48 KB, 528x422
O-ouch
>>
File: 8.png (759 KB, 880x1408) Image search: [Google]
8.png
759 KB, 880x1408
On to getting our next team member. A phantump can be encountered in a hidden area here if you have a treat in your bag.

This will then be traded in for the mystery egg the boy from earlier has. Let's see what ours contains.
>>
>>24796551
How can someone be immune to being sacrificed? Is she just indestructible and immortal, or?
>>
File: 9.png (155 KB, 440x704) Image search: [Google]
9.png
155 KB, 440x704
Hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We got a absolute destroyer here.

There are 18 possible results of the mystery egg. Unfortunately, it's decided when you start your save, so you can't reset for, say, a Larvesta or a Cottonee, other options.
>>
File: 10.png (745 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
10.png
745 KB, 880x1760
For some reason, this town has closed off the path to the next town to outsiders, for fuck knows reason. That, or beat her, the gym leader.

The gym leader makes us to the dirty work of removing gaijin before she'll accept our challenge.

>>24796659
Sacrifices seem to be done by doing some magic shit on the alter she's standing on. The magic doesn't work on her, I'm guessing. Must be some kind of super special chosen one.
>>
>>24796578
What's the TM? Something terrible, no doubt.
>>
>>24796578
>At least 14 badges
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
File: 11.png (661 KB, 880x1760) Image search: [Google]
11.png
661 KB, 880x1760
Talking to the people hiding in the Pokecenter doesn't yield any results. As we leave, we run into Aelita again. She's the daughter of the fighting gym leader we beat up even as a ghost.

Suddenly, angry natives appear. We slap their shit instead, and now have to find the gym leader to see if she can stop these apes chimping out like this.

>>24796681
Facade, which is actually useable. This kid has done more for us than everyone else combined.

>>24796684
The plan is to have 18 badges.

Like Reborn.
>>
File: 12.png (449 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
12.png
449 KB, 792x1268
We walk right into an ambush as we leave the Pokecenter.
Before we can thrash all three of these assholes ourselves, this Pangoro comes out of nowhere and chases them off. Thanks, I guess.
>>
File: 13.png (61 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
13.png
61 KB, 528x422
Oh, and our newest permanent team member. Say hello to Urist.

Swords dance + Earthquake + Rock slide and mold breaker is absolutely deadly.
>>
>>24796672
Why even be a gym leader if you won't battle the people who come to you?
>>
>goes to the park
>wurmple, purrloin, bidoof, patrat, pidgey, even fucking cascoon

go away. i don't want you.
>>
File: 14.png (501 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
14.png
501 KB, 792x951
Anyway, we head off through the route west to eventually reach this tower. Despite what the lavender town vibe implies, you can't find ghost Pokemon here. Ghosts are actually generally good pokemon, can't let players have that.

Turns out she's to blame for this hick town.

>>24796711
Lazy-ass cunts, that's why.

WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED

>gym 2
>hey since I didn't give you the badge before I died you better bend over and do what I tell you or my badge is going to become invalidated :^)
>mysterious little girl in a teleporting mansion no one knows about and is probably temporally displaced somehow has a perfectly valid gym badge

HAHA
FUCK YOU
>>
File: 15.png (473 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
15.png
473 KB, 792x1268
The ordinance was started due to some kind of butthurt. Now she wants to reverse it, but thinks no one will heed her blah blah blah

Look, I don't really care, just give me your badge and let me through.
>>
>>24796726
The fucking ghost.

Also, suddenly Bellsprout. Not quite a Budew, but we're getting closer.
>>
File: 16.png (311 KB, 396x951) Image search: [Google]
16.png
311 KB, 396x951
Even though we kicked her people out of the pokemon center instead of the outsiders, she thinks we did what she told us to. Okay then.
>>
File: 17.png (394 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
17.png
394 KB, 792x951
Something something Aelita suggests leader here (her name is Narcissa) call together an assembly to tell them to stop being dicks something something
>>
File: 18.png (246 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
18.png
246 KB, 792x634
>Haunter, choke her

Ok
>>
File: 19.png (505 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
19.png
505 KB, 792x1268
>double team means a Pokemon is duplicting itself and can take multiple actions, instead of cresting illusions to boost its evasiveness

No, fuck you Jan, you fucking retard. Does he have no idea how pokemon moves work? What the fuck?

Anyway, this is a Team Xen admin butthurt about us stopping their operations. So as revenge he's going to kill two people we don't really care about. Yeah, sure, just let me pick the badge off the body.
>>
File: 20.png (694 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
20.png
694 KB, 792x1585
People hear the commotion and come to investigate. He hides, and now it looks like we strangled them for some reason, so the angry hicks are going to take us away. We can't thrash them even though they're stuck with level 30ish Pokemon.

The girl we saved from a lynching watched everything.
>>
File: 21.png (102 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
21.png
102 KB, 792x634
It should be noted that all the houses in this town are in disrepair. This damaged and cracked tileset is used for all of them.

Don't call me dude, shitlord. Check your pronouns.
>>
File: 22.png (171 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
22.png
171 KB, 792x951
So apparently this chick thinks a snack is more important than returning the favour to someone who saved her from getting fucking killed. Okay. At least she's here to break us out.
>>
File: 23.png (167 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
23.png
167 KB, 792x951
Her name's Mosely, and she robs from the town since she fucking hates them.
>>
File: 24.png (652 KB, 789x1583) Image search: [Google]
24.png
652 KB, 789x1583
Oh, and looks like she owns the Pangoro that helped us out earlier. she successfully intimidates everyone into not fucking with me anymore, so thanks.
>>
File: whath.png (30 KB, 517x389) Image search: [Google]
whath.png
30 KB, 517x389
Instead of a Budew, I found this guy. I didn't notice Hotel Garden in the list. Happy with the find.

So when does this thing learn Leech Seed and Toxic?

(It doesn't have LS in actual games so I don't know.)
>>
File: 25.png (339 KB, 396x950) Image search: [Google]
25.png
339 KB, 396x950
Hey you know what our secret evil organization needs? Vans that clearly state our evil logo on them. I sure hate being stealthy and inconspicuous.
>>
File: 26.png (40 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
26.png
40 KB, 528x422
And now, secret evil underground base revealed.
>>
File: 28.png (337 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
28.png
337 KB, 792x1585
We run into the admin again, who seems to have a little something against us. We also meet the male-female grunt pair again, Sharon and Eli.

>>24796817
My mistake. Oddish doesn't have leech seed after all. You'll have to make do with Toxic if you really want to use it.
>>
File: 29.png (355 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
29.png
355 KB, 792x1585
Seems like the grunts don't give much of a fuck about their butthurt leader either.
>>
File: 30.png (211 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
30.png
211 KB, 792x951
>NEEEERD
>LOL

Ebin
simbly ebin
>>
File: 31.png (262 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
31.png
262 KB, 792x1268
Some backstory. Apparently this secret lab was here before.
>>
>>24796834
Oh. Roselia's better than that, is it?

>uses Sweet Scent
>several Poochyena and Chingling in a row
what the fuck. i didn't see these before.
>>
File: 32.png (200 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
32.png
200 KB, 792x1268
Why does everyone want to create a new world? Why can't they just be happy running a Pokemon mafia. Does no one appreciate Giovanni?
>>
>>24796863
No appreciation for the classics.
They really have a Team Galactic feel about them, except even more dumb.
>>
>>24796863
Didn't Giovanni commission Mewtwo for that purpose? Just because we got to him when his project escaped doesn't mean he didn't try.
>>
File: 33.png (183 KB, 792x633) Image search: [Google]
33.png
183 KB, 792x633
Tyron. Never heard the name anywhere else in-game.

>>24796861
Sweet scent shouldn't change encounter frequency. Just your luck.

And yeah, since Roserade has more support options and a better stat spread.
>>
File: 34.png (309 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
34.png
309 KB, 792x1268
Anyway, we manage to avoid the brain tumour that can result from listening to Mosely long enough to open the way forward.

>>24796878
Giovanni wanted a super strong Pokemon for Team Rocket to have fight for it and make more money/take over the region, not remake the whole goddamn world.
>>
File: 35.png (27 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
35.png
27 KB, 528x422
One-use healing device and a PC. Impending boss fight.

It's worth noting that in earlier versions, you were stuck in her here with no escape until you finished it, and you have no place to grind either. You were pretty much fucked.
>>
File: 36.png (156 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
36.png
156 KB, 792x951
Mosely is rused into taking a fake exit. Ha ha!
>>
File: 37.png (200 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
37.png
200 KB, 792x1268
Unfortunately, she's unlikely to be any less irritating after this event, but it's a little satisfying.

The grunt pair then gang up on us.
>>
File: 38.png (410 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
38.png
410 KB, 792x951
They open with Solrock and Luantone. I can't stress just how much this game ripped off.

Even though Urist can hit them through levitate with Mold Breaker Earthquake, I opt to pull him out first. I try to set up Toxic spikes and seeds on one of them, which doesn't go well. I send out my destroyer of everything, Gaga, instead.
>>
>>24796880
inb4 Budew doesn't appear right now (PC and real clock is at 20/8PM)
>>
File: 39.png (521 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
39.png
521 KB, 792x1268
The reason this fight is bullshit hard is this.

Gyarados and Milotic, well-optimised 540 BST monsters, at the same fucking time You are very unlikely to have anything approaching this level of power at this point.

Fortunately, Gaga has already set up her evasion and defenses. Since Gyarados is the more immediate threat, I kill it first. The Milotic's surf kills the Rhydon for me, too.

The great thing about evasion is that Urist is free to spam earthquake without worrying about Gaga, too. This fight gave me a horrible time the first time I played through.
>>
File: 40.png (161 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
40.png
161 KB, 792x951
As a final fuck you to me, they decide to help get Mosely out.

All things considered, they're pretty okay. Would take them over the lulsorandumxD whores.

>>24796905
Set your clock to morning.
>>
File: 41.png (253 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
41.png
253 KB, 792x951
Mosely gets out just as I confront Geara here. At least she's stopped running her mouth.
>>
File: 42.png (332 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
42.png
332 KB, 792x1268
Imagine being so fat you look at legendary pokemon and see food

This is where Narcissa rejoins us.
>>
>>24796924
What are the time spans again?

I set it to 10, but that might still be too late.
>>
File: cringe1.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
cringe1.gif
2 MB, 380x285
This is all too much for me to handle. How can you even play through this thing?
>>
File: 43.png (342 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
43.png
342 KB, 792x1268
Blah blah blah backstory

Looks like Narcissa's late husband was the owner of the Wispy Tower, which used to be a radio tower.
>>
File: 44.png (327 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
44.png
327 KB, 792x1268
So there some 'grim truth' about Aevium, the region we're in.

And then a mysterious woman in black ruins their day.

Crescent? She's this bitch that's been meddling in just about anything, and her fucking Gothitelle teleporting us right in the middle of a Team Xen admin meeting is why they know about us.

>>24796938
Try 9 am
>>
File: 45.png (329 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
45.png
329 KB, 792x1268
Oh boy I sure love drama

Also, apparently this guy's real name is Gregory. In an earlier picture, a gravestone in this area shows his name.
>>24796726

And then Mosely figures out he's autistic enough to rename himself after a Pokemon. Laugh at him.

>>24796946
I enjoy hard battles and bad fanfiction. I can take it.
>>
File: 46.png (257 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
46.png
257 KB, 792x951
And now he finally gets to the point and has me attacked, after wasting my time.
>>
File: 47.png (326 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
47.png
326 KB, 792x951
We try to run, but the way is blocked. We're forced to fight it out

>I'm the adult here and the most experienced trainer, I better let the kid handle the dangerous monster that can tear though dimensions while I deal with the rank and file grunts
t. Narcissa

Fuck you
>>
File: 48.png (283 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
48.png
283 KB, 792x634
Geara, an autistic Giratina-obsessed fanboy. Maybe he has a youtube account called GearaRPG where he has great songs about how much he loves Giratina and wants to marry it, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyhlybViJw

Team full of ghosts, mostly ground-immune. I opt not to waste time with Toxic spikes and send out Bruce instead to gain offensive presence.
>>
>>24796964
>"Now that we're all here, I think it's time for a story!"
>"I didn't bring you here to tell backstories"
???
>>
File: 49.png (338 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
49.png
338 KB, 792x951
The big one is Giratina Origin Form. The Drifblim is fairly useless, so I let it stay in while I focus attacks on the Giratina-O. As usual, Gaga pumps herself full of evasion and defense before killing with Stored Power.

Nice box legend, faggot.
>>
File: 50.png (328 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
50.png
328 KB, 792x951
He's promptly sent into denial because we beat his precious Giratina-O, like how a kid cries when you beat their team full of legends.

>>24796986
He just can't decide.
>>
File: 51.png (216 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
51.png
216 KB, 792x634
>N-NO YOU DIDN'T BEAT ME! I-I AM A MASTER OF SPIRITS! BAAAAWWWWWW
>>
File: 52.png (35 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
52.png
35 KB, 528x422
>somebody beats you in a Pokemon battle
>be butthurt enough to kill them for it
>>
>>24797007
>why not kill them first?
>>
File: 53.png (209 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
53.png
209 KB, 792x634
Narcissa intervenes.

You know, I really hate how Dusclops outclasses Dusknoir now. Eviolite was a mistake.
>>
>>24797003

wtf am i reading
>>
File: 54.png (42 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
54.png
42 KB, 528x422
No! This can't be happening! I'm in charge here!
>>
>>24797003
I really feel that the creator doesn't quite understand the concept of pokemon being fainted and unable to fight.

>>24797014
At least Dusknoir is more fun to use than stall.pkmn. I occasionally go have fun with an Assault Vest Dusknoir in whatever tier it's in.
>>
File: 55.png (403 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
55.png
403 KB, 792x1268
Dusclops, is, of course, weak to ghost, so it doesn't take much for a box legend to wreck it.
>>
File: 56.png (244 KB, 396x951) Image search: [Google]
56.png
244 KB, 396x951
>how do I make myself feel superior to Game Freak? I'm going to have my gym leaders talk about how much better they are than the ones in the main games!

There's something very pretentious about this.

Also, for all your skill you still relied on a fucking kid to soften up the Giratina for you.
>>
File: 57.png (519 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
57.png
519 KB, 792x1585
>*appears behind u*
>*nothin personnel... kid...*

Anyway, there's GearaRPG rid of, but not before he can take his pokehusbando with him.

>>24797023
It happened with Mewtwo before, too.
>>
File: 58.png (279 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
58.png
279 KB, 792x1268
So, back at her house. Mosely proceeds to pour salt into her wounds as she talks about her apparently evil late husband
>>
>>24797045
She's not wrong...
>>
File: 59.png (29 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
59.png
29 KB, 528x422
Please upvote! xD
>>
File: 60.png (282 KB, 396x951) Image search: [Google]
60.png
282 KB, 396x951
With that business done, it's finally time to challenge the gym.

Oh, and Aelita is feeling better. Wonder what she's going to do?

>>24797049
Not saying she is, though.
>>
File: joker.jpg (31 KB, 425x337) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
31 KB, 425x337
>>24797050
I think I am going to spend a hour Sweet Scenting for that darn Budew.
>>
File: 61.png (445 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
61.png
445 KB, 792x951
Ok

This bitch has developed a habit of challenging us out of nowhere, in some bid to catch us unprepared and force a loss on us.

Fortunately, with no bullshit field, a monofighting team is easy to take out, especially with acrobatics Crobat.
>>
File: 63.png (376 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
63.png
376 KB, 792x1268
Onto the gym itself. You can find wild pokemon here to fight in addition to the gym trainer,s giving you time to adapt to what's probably the most bullshit field of all. I'll show the details later.

This is where we start seeing the creator's boner for ridiculously complicated gym puzzles. This one involves running around a a shifting haunted house. As we go by certain paths and use certain exist, more paths open and some close.

Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fucking encounter rate.
>>
File: 64.png (375 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
64.png
375 KB, 792x1268
We're told to assume the position.

Ren barges in and wants to battle. He doesn't want us here, seeing as he was the one who locked us out of this town in the first place.
>>
File: 65.png (483 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
65.png
483 KB, 792x1585
He's incredibly butthurt that we did what he never managed to do, convince her to get the town to change.
>>
File: 66.png (326 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
66.png
326 KB, 792x951
Somewhat neat detail is that the candle change colour as the fight starts.
>>
File: 67.png (299 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
67.png
299 KB, 792x634
Trainer class, Necromancer.
How the fuck is she is Necromancer? Why is there a Necromancer in a Pokemon game? It might be just fancy term for a ghost user, but even then it doesn't fit well.

This is the field we fight in, the haunted field:

* Ghost type moves gain a 1.3 boost in power
* Dark and Fairy type moves get a .2 decrease in power
* Will-o-Wisp and Hypnosis never miss
* Ghost types can touch Normal Type Pokemon for super effective damage.
* Nightmare inflicts more damage.
The following move(s) gets a 1.3 increase in power and gain the Ghost type
Flame Burst, Inferno, Flame Charge, Fire Spin
* Spite depletes all of the opponents PP.
Ominous wind has a 40% chance of raising all stats
* Pokemon gradually lose health while asleep
* Ghost Type attacks hit Normal types for super effective damage
* The following moves can turn this field into a Blessed Field
Flash, Judgement, Origin Pulse, Seed Flare, Sacred Fire

>* Ghost types can touch Normal Type Pokemon for super effective damage.
>>>>>>>>* Spite depletes all of the opponents PP.
>Ominous wind has a 40% chance of raising all stats
>* Will-o-Wisp and Hypnosis never miss

BALANCED AND FAIR
>>
>>24797080
Tbh, I would be to. Even if it accomplishes the goal I wanted.

>>24797086
At least he seems to get over it.
>>
File: 68.png (484 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
68.png
484 KB, 792x1268
Rosa's done her job once the two toxic spikes layers are up.

It so happens that Fran's Hidden Power type is ghost. Unfortunately, Hidden Power and Protean are bugged, using HP turns the user normal type instead of the HP type, meaning we don't get STAB. I got the TM off the casino.

Good enough to gain the 1.3 boost here, at least. Whatever Fran doesn't oneshot, Urist doesn't
>>
File: 69.png (206 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
69.png
206 KB, 792x634
She ends with a tongue twister, and a thankfully low-leveled Gengar. It's oneshot by a boosted HP ghost.
>>
>>24797091
>That Spite
>That Hypnosis/Will-o-Miss change

Does the person who made this not understand the concept of balance?
>>
>>24797091
>ghost types can touch normal type
kek

I suppose Flash would help here.
>>
File: 70.png (522 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
70.png
522 KB, 792x1585
Ren can scarcely believe what he sees. He can't stand us being just better than his bitch ass.
>>
>>24797067
Well, at least there's wild ghost types here finally.

>>24797091
>hypnosis never misses
Sounds like a job for Batma--err, Crobat.
>>
File: 71.png (415 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
71.png
415 KB, 792x1268
>No U! ;_;
>BAAAWWWWWWW

We did what we had to do, you fucking wimp. It's amazing how you couldn't beat her when you have a mono-dark team, too.

>>24797120
>does the person who made this understand
Nope

>>24797129
I had flash ready on Gaga, actually, but I ended up not needing it. Greninja and Excadrill tore her apart.
>>
>>24797140
So I've noticed Budew also appear later.
Please tell me it has better encounter rate there.
>>
File: 72.png (92 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
72.png
92 KB, 792x634
So, we come to the town hall to witness the meeting. It's worth noting that when she appears, she floats through the glass.

>>24797140
I just wish Crobat had access to a swords dance. Might be OU material with it, too.

>>24797148
No idea, sorry.
>>
File: 73.png (35 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
73.png
35 KB, 528x422
Might be reaction material.
>>
File: 74.png (211 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
74.png
211 KB, 792x951
This is the young girl who was lynching Mosely.

As it turns out, Goldenleaf in the past was rekt badly by outsiders. So now this kid wants revenge, or something.
>>
File: 75.png (126 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
75.png
126 KB, 792x634
Telling them to accept outsiders.
I almost thought this was political commentary, but this version was released in July. Okay, then.
>>
File: 76.png (30 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
76.png
30 KB, 528x422
Regards, Angela Merkel
>>
File: 77.png (206 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
77.png
206 KB, 792x951
And with that, she makes the town accept her new ruling. At least most of them seem to be sort of open to it.
>>
File: 78.png (196 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
78.png
196 KB, 792x1268
>threaten longtime residents with expulsion if they don't comply
>wow, she's one with them

Okay
>>
>>24797155
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i am going to waste an entire night looking for this lil bud.
>>
File: 79.png (299 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
79.png
299 KB, 792x1585
And the scene cuts to here. Looks like the bullshit psychic field we got sucked into with that lelrandum psychic girl last time.

For some reason, all the Xen people that got kidnapped by Crescent, along with GearaRPG, are stuck here. There's the professor from the beginning of the game as well.
>>
File: 80.png (122 KB, 396x951) Image search: [Google]
80.png
122 KB, 396x951
And speak of the devil. for some reason, there she is.
>>
File: 1.png (344 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
1.png
344 KB, 792x951
We're ending soon for today.

For some reason, they hide one of the exits to town under this statue. I don't know for what purpose.
>>
File: 2.png (645 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
2.png
645 KB, 792x1585
Meanwhile, Ren wallows in his tears of incompetence and butthurt.

He's approached by creepy meddly bitch, Crescent, who promises him answers of some kind. Unfortunately, that's not her way of saying she's sticking him in the psychic dimension like the others.
>>
>>24797242

Great, now he's going to come back as a bad guy who couldn't handle the butthurt, isn't he.
>>
File: 3.png (423 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
3.png
423 KB, 792x951
We head through the short cave and into the next route, which is filled with these oddly coloured trees.

I'm not done with editing next batch of screenshots, but if you thought things were bad before, hang on tight. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

>>24797211
Cheat engine 5x speed helps.
>>
>>24797254
>implying I didn't went for the highest cheat engine speed already.
>>
>>24797250
>>24797242
>"You fixed my town!"
>"Prepare to fight!"
>>
>>24797250
Hahahaha.

Which, incidentally, is yet another thing this game ripped off from Reborn. His counterpart did the exact same thing.
>>
>>24797255

Sometimes I get too tired and put shit into the game through RPGmaker by copy-pasting similar codes
>>
>>24797254
>leave the town that is super hostile to outsiders
>next route went out of their way for colorful trees to be welcoming to tourists
The whiplash is real.
>>
>>24797263

Is his counterpart Fern? Shit, the names rhyme.
>>
>>24797267
What.
>>
>>24797282

you can edit games like reborn and rejuvenation with rpgmaker by creating a new project with the software and putting the game's data into your new project's folders

or something like that
>>
>>24797278
Pretty much. Has a game starter, and rival that goes full-on douche.
>>
Oh, hey, I remembered I took some screenshots of my old, run too. You guys can see what things looked like earlier.

Old battle UI used this godawful purple effect. Spriting got better over time.
>>
>>24797254
>mfw speedhack is broken and the difference is small on numbers larger than 5x

FFFFFFFF-
>>
>>24797319

I was wondering why your playthrough is so different from what I remembered. I quit playing when the game crashed on me too many times in that Arceus soul collection room.
>>
Old lab and Mewtwo fight. It was supposed to be unwinnable, but prankster leech seed won the day.
>>
For some reason, there was a gatehouse like this populated by spoopy ghosts. At least the creator probably realized it was retarded.
>>
GearaRPG looked different. Most of the sprites were improved. I miss my Cottonee.

>>24797328
The 1/5 altar? You don't have to stay there long.
>>
>>24797355
Old Geara.

got his ass whooped by our young nigga shofu.
>>
>>24797355

Yeah, that. It's just that every time that 1/5 appeared on my screen, the game would crash on me.
>>
Are there any actually good Pokemon fangames that are released and complete (sorry sage)
>>
Old Marianette's battlefield.

>>24797365
Damn. You could probably update to a later version to solve it, if you want.

>>24797373
Reborn's the closest for RPGMaker, and even then it's mainly if you're a masochist for difficulty and love bad fanfic-tier writing.

You can ask /heg/ or nuzlocke general for romhacks.
>>
>>24797412
The tiles and spriting did really get better. If only the writing and story did, too.
>>
>>24797336
Whoops, wrong pic

>GATES OF HEEEELLL
>>
>>24797373
There's that one Touhou Puppet thing, but that has the obvious issue of Touhou.
>>
>>24796726
>Can't let players have that [ghost pokemon]

...zetta used to have shadow froakie.

Now he has shadow duskull.
>>
>>24797534
>no healing before gyarados
>dimensional thrash ohkos my ace
And this is supposed to be beatable?!
>>
File: what a kid.png (579 KB, 601x576) Image search: [Google]
what a kid.png
579 KB, 601x576
>>24797132
>>
We got quite a ride ahead, most I'm dumping in a single session. About two hours, hopefully people will be here by then.
>>
>>24801484
Good, would it still be in this thread or in another thread?
>>
>>24796179
I'm guessing all of his pokemon use Petal Dance or some other dance move at least?
>>
>>24801652
We'll have to start off in a new thread, it'll be linked from here.

>>24801681
No, not even that. That's why I'm saying it's a soulless ripoff.
>>
File: Capture.png (21 KB, 514x388) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21 KB, 514x388
>decide to play reborn because of these threads since i'm a sucker for pain and bad writing
>pick second best starter chespin, ends up having bulletproof with decent IVs and adamant
>so far has basically curbstomped most gyms, even tanked the fuck out of the giant steelix and level 75 garchomp despite being massively underlevelled
i almost feel like i got rused about difficulty, only painful times i've had so far were against things naught was weak to, and even then my team can generally cover it fine despite being massively underlevelled (currently highest is 53 after "muh arceus")
ice gym was stupid as fuck though, fuck evasion abuse and fuck mirrors, do things get legit hard from here on out? never bothered with breeding and EVs yet
>>
>>24801715
>I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE
Not bad.

You've actually surpassed nearly all the bullshit in this game already, congratulations. With a team of actually fully evolved Pokemon, you're more or less on even footing with bosses, bullshit fields aside. Here's my main team for comparison, missing is my Arcanine and Golurk.

Chesnaught is an excellent starter choice, with leech seed and bulk and setup moves.
>>
File: fokkin invincible.jpg (48 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
fokkin invincible.jpg
48 KB, 700x520
>>24801728
he really has been FOKKIN INVINCIBLE, i'm still amazed he took on that fucking garchomp no sweat despite being like level 43
team may change a bit more throughout, i hear you can get a magby later on so that's definitely replacing arcanine, fucking love magmar and magmortar.
should i bother with EV training and egg moves at any point? i get the feeling i might get a bit fucked if i don't.
>>
>>24801743
You can get a Magby, but it's much, much later. Only when levels are around 60-65.

That's up to you. Personally I did, but if you're not having trouble don't do it unless you love autistically minmaxing your Pokemon like me.
>>
File: arbok.png (20 KB, 513x389) Image search: [Google]
arbok.png
20 KB, 513x389
>>24801753
guess i will at some point, most gyms have been a challenge to some degree but there was always one or two mons that dominated them no problem. later ones have required more of a team effort though
i don't care if the magby is late i'm still getting it, magmar best genwun mon and his evo is also great
this guy has been surprisingly good, glaring up lots of threats and stockpiling to stall out while he chips away. the only bad thing about him is that he doesn't get any decent physical poison moves until LEVEL FUCKING SIXTY THREE
after i beat radomus i'm probably gonna start saving up money to get some power items and begin breeding right after getting all i need, everstones were in the department store right?
>>
>>24801743
>>24801774
Stupidly enough, to get the Magby in the first place you have to give up the only magmarizer in the game currently available. Hope you're fine with Magmar.

I can't remember, but you can always savescum in front of mining rocks to find them.
>>
>>24801784
>giving a magmarizer to get the only thing that requires it to evolve
i am heavily confused why that's required
there's at least eviolite right? that'll make magmar useful compared to the rest of the team if i can't get a second magmarizer
>>
>>24801800
Nope.

It's absolutely retarded. Magmortar and Electrivire aren't particularly strong Pokemon, and even then at this level you'll be fighting things that won't exactly be stomped by them. If you revert to an earlier version, it might be possible to manipulate some events to get a Magby when it was available another way.
>>
>>24801774

Why does that Arbok have a radiation symbol on it?
>>
>>24801827
The shinies in Reborn are different from official ones, that's a Shiny Arbok.

Rejuvenation uses the same sprites.
>>
File: 681s_1.png (3 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
681s_1.png
3 KB, 192x192
>>24801820
well that fucking sucks
guess i could get used to arcanine, after using him on my OU team it's grown on me a bit.
when do i get waterfall btw? had to swap sharpedo for carra because lolnowatermoves

>>24801827
reborn's version of shiny arbok, has a bunch of changed shiny colours, some are absolutely fucking horrible though
example: by far the worst and edgiest of the fucking things
>>
>>24801839
Later game, and by that I mean around level 65-70.

Biggest problem the whole game for me was finding a decent water Pokemon.
>>
>>24801850
>65-70 for a water move that isn't special or aqua jet
god fucking damnit
also carracosta and sharpedo are both pretty good, clawitzer's one if you're after special. can't think of any others that are any good though
>>
>>24801857
I manage to save revert to get a Magikarp when it was still available. When the fire gym pulled an outright illegal move on me, I decided to use it. It's a Gyarados and probably the strongest Pokemon I have now.
>>
>>24801865
>illegal move
which one would that be? i don't recall anything illegal.
then again quilladin rekt the gym so i didn't see much of her sets
any other gyms have bullshit like that?
>>
>>24801869
Some fire Pokemon using energy ball to fuck over my counters when they shouldn't be able to learn it. Was fixed in the latest current version, I think.
>>
>>24801878
>
i guess giving HP grass was a bit too much to ask for
is it possible to get houndour/doom anywhere?
>>
>>24801884
I'm pretty sure, but I can't remember. You can always check the forums.
>>
We'll start in about 15 minutes. Hopefully I can finish editing screens up to the next gym by then. Already have enough for a full thread.
>>
>>24801850
>Later game, and by that I mean around level 65-70.

How many badges is that? In the main games only Legendary Pokemon and some certain Champions have levels that high, and yet in these fangames it seems like your Pokemon reach those levels halfway through.
>>
>>24801960
11-12 badges is when you get waterfall.

I think this game aims to hit level 100 by endgame. Some have raised the limit to 120, even.
>>
File: 1323976052245.jpg (1 MB, 1375x1100) Image search: [Google]
1323976052245.jpg
1 MB, 1375x1100
>>24796209
bump for moemon.
>>
The thing about that is that most Pokemon would evolve to their fullest forms less than halfway through those fangames, so the natural progression of Pokemon stops halfway and never progresses, especially since these fangames are content to throw lengendaries and every OU pokemon under the sun at you like candy the first chance they get.
>>
>>24802034
what if you get like, ship wrecked and have to start collecting your mons from scratch in a new place and than fighting the guy that has all your old mons? only his mons leveld up- they get equal exp to the ones your level 5 got in adition to their original level.
>>
And finally, done with all the screenshots up to the point I'd like. We ready?
>>
Yes, post away
>>
>>24802067
Who isn't always read for cringe?
>>
>>24802092
Players of PMD.
>>
>>24802273
>janitor deletes this too.
Eh. Maybe tomorrow.
>>
>>24802302
Tomorrow, brave warrior.

Also why was the TV so full of shit. Hasn't this man seen on in his life?
>>
http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24802093/#24802093

What got deleted. I could always continue in this thread until it's maxed out, then leave the rest for tomorrow.
>>
File: 28.png (605 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
28.png
605 KB, 792x1585
Mods apparently don't want a new thread until this one is maxed out. Alright, then, going to continue from >>24802322 for a bit.

Anyway, we don't actually fight off 5 grunts, the scene just skips forward and we're told we're worn out.

Old man suddenly remembers when it's just too late, and cheers himself up with thoughts of /u/.
>>
>>24802322
RIP old thread.

I am back to hunting for Budew.
>>
File: 29.png (314 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
29.png
314 KB, 792x1268
And so we're taken to our prison, Blacksteeple Castle. We're told to make it look nice or else.

Apparently, no one knows why we're here
>>
File: 30.png (277 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
30.png
277 KB, 792x1268
Aelita and us are made to share a cell. Maybe the guards are hoping for some /u/, too.

Some girl in the next cell tells us that though we have our Pokeballs, they won't work here, and takes her time to shit on Aelita for being angry about being captured. What a bitch.
>>
File: 31.png (191 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
31.png
191 KB, 792x951
>this bitch is the Saki we've been looking for

What a pleasant young lady.

Fucking hell
>>
File: 32.png (109 KB, 396x634) Image search: [Google]
32.png
109 KB, 396x634
She's so polite and helpful
>>
File: 33.png (353 KB, 792x1585) Image search: [Google]
33.png
353 KB, 792x1585
The guard comes back, asking where Aelita came from. Saki tells her to just say it, and then Aelita gets dragged away when she does.

Thank you, Saki, I sure hope you haven't condemned her to some kind of horrible fate.
>>
File: 34.png (190 KB, 792x951) Image search: [Google]
34.png
190 KB, 792x951
Apparently it's not so bad here, forced labour aside.
>>
>>24802353
I remember that the original reason you got into prison was that whole town was brainwashed or replaced or something.
>>
File: 35.png (364 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
35.png
364 KB, 792x1268
The place is actually pretty comfy, growing atmosphere of doom aside. There's even some guy selling stuff.

Oh, and we've found the /u/fag's family.
>>
File: 36.png (1 MB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
36.png
1 MB, 792x1268
Anyway, this is what happens if you try to leave. This guy does, he gets zapped by a laser and gets knocked out.

If we step out of bounds, we'll get KO'd and brought back to our cell, and lose some cash.

>>24802385
There was a zombie in the pool gym for an inexplicable reason, I think.
>>
File: 37.png (279 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
37.png
279 KB, 792x634
Some more evil prophecy gloom and doom with obligatory Absol
>>
File: 38.png (45 KB, 528x422) Image search: [Google]
38.png
45 KB, 528x422
She must be very humble
>>
File: 39.png (842 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
39.png
842 KB, 792x1268
The gardens outside the castle are also pretty comfy. Everyone's slowly growing more terrified.
>>
File: 40.png (406 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
40.png
406 KB, 792x1268
We heard Adam's name before in the deleted thread. He's this blue guy.
>>
File: 41.png (484 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
41.png
484 KB, 792x1268
Suddenly, every average fuck we run into is a gym leader.
>>
File: 42.png (460 KB, 792x1268) Image search: [Google]
42.png
460 KB, 792x1268
Last image for today, and the last the thread can handle. Even though this Valerie has her pokeballs and is somehow able to swim in the water, she doesn't just escape. Hellos all around, and I wonder how they haven't just held this Saki's head underwater yet.

We'll get to the good part tomorrow. Until then, see you guys.
>>
>>24802407
>no budew yet
>here, have this Shiny Wurmple instead

GAME YOU CANNOT BRIBE ME WITH THIS.
>>
>>24802470
>the game defaults to fight
WELL FUCK YOU TOO, GAME.
>>
>>24796884
giovanni has no connection to mewtwo in the games tough
>>
>>24802475
>mfw buizel has early sonic boom

Sonic Boom is so OP at this point.
>>
>>24802550
True, I guess. We only really know Mr Fuji is involved.
>>
So I decided to give up on Budew.

I suppose I could run Toxic/Giga Drain/Venoshock/Dazzling Gleam (or Moonlight) on Vileplume.

That is if the two TMs are a thing here. [Venam's mom, y u no give me Venoshock?]
>>
>>24802742
Are you Polish?
>>
>>24802773
Maybe.

Why asking?
>>
>>24802796
There's this guy I sort of know who types the exact same way you do. Just curious.
>>
>mfw Gloom saved the day

FUCK YOUR PARENTAL BOND ELECTRO WEB.

Also, invisible Joltik are too OP. Pls nerf inviJoltik.
>>
>>24802860
>loses to the rebattle quest trainer
>get tp to KEKleon
>do not lose any money
seems legit
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 151

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.