[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Gen 1 is the best >has the most badass box covers >sold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Why Gen 1 is the best
>has the most badass box covers
>sold the most copies
>best Pokémon designs
>no shitty spin offs
>doesn't have a stupid story
>focuses on your adventure
>has an actual rival
>started the series
>>
This is the weakest bait I've seen all week, son. Post some furfaggotry, it'll net you more replies.
>>
>>24788029
>doesn't have a stupid story

That's a double-edged blade, lad. Gen 1 doesn't even have a story.
>>
Shitty bait, mate.
>>
>>24788029
>started the series
So Donkey Kong is the best Mario game? :^)

>sold the most copies
>selling well means it's good
So Skylanders is a great video game series? :^)
>>
>>24788058
Wew lad not even OP but I can see you were easily triggered
Lel
>>
thats true op
>>
>>24788029
>subjective
>popularity does not equal quality
>Pokemon Puzzle League
>gen 1 had next to no story
>this is the only legitimate point
>Silver exists, and unlike Blue has some character development
>doesn't mean jack shit about the quality
Try harder next time.
>>
>>24788061
>7 replies other than this post, 8 unique posters
Okay, you're not OP.

You :^) :^)
>>
>>24788029

>no shitty spin offs
What is Pokemon Yellow?
>>
>>24788113
>What is Pokemon Yellow?
A shitty mainline. But then, all mainlines are shitty; Yellow simply took the cake.
>>
>>24788029

First is the worst and second is the best if we're going by this type of logic.

Makes sense since Johto actually made Kanto acceptable compared to the original themselves. :^)
>>
>>24788029
Consider playing it today. You'll see that it aged like fine MILK
>>
>>24788029
>subjective, would be meaningless even if it wasn't subjective
>please stop this notion that popularity equals quality
>subjective
>Puzzle League, TCG, Stadium
>barely has ANY story
>gen 2 has a better rival with actual character development
>matters as much as the petitions to get Misty back onto the Ashnime (i.e, it doesn't matter at all)
>>
>sold the most copies

Suddenly Wii Sports is the best game ever
>>
>>24788041
yes it does. It's just not shoved into your face like it is now.
>>
>started the series

Suddenly Gyromite is the best NES game
>>
>>24788029
You mean has the worst box covers? Look at those terrible washed out colors of pokemon whose shitty sprites aren't justified by the stupid fanart on the cover

Context, Pokemon was far more popular then than now

>le big dragon, cat fetus, Chinese dragon, pile of sludge, and pokeball with eyes are good designs
When did the Gen I had good designs meme start? Either way I really like this meme

Snap, Puzzle League, the list goes on...

Has the worst story. And no, it's not 'hurr look how subtle guys' it legitmately has a terrible bland story.
>go here!
>fight this gym leader!
>team rocket!
>fight 100 golbats and koffings!
>next leader!
>rinse and repeat
And no mewtwo does not count, that was just lazy pandering to edgy children

Yep, focuses on adventure when you're not sidelined by team rocket, hm blockades, snorlax, and police officers

All games have rivals. Why, was blue somehow better written and cooler than most because he became champion? He still had terrible retarded dialogue that was full of cringe

Means nothing
>>
>>24788029
Can't argue with that.
>>
Gen I was here.
Other Gens r LOSERS!
>>
>le gen 1 is bad meme

When did reddit invade?
>>
>>24788029
>>has the most badass box covers
this tBh
>>sold the most copies
this Tbh
>>best Pokémon designs
this tbH
>>no shitty spin offs
Hey You Pikachu
>>doesn't have a stupid story
this TBh
>>focuses on your adventure
This, honestly
>>has an actual rival
dis t.bh
>>started the series
this desu
>>
>>24791941
>Gen 1 is good
>>>/reddit/
>>
this is meh
>>
>>24791991

see: >>24795238

Gen IV and VI are the only ones that could be considered objectively worse than the others. I/II/III/V are equally good give or take.
>>
File: 1432323232323232.png (282 KB, 475x331) Image search: [Google]
1432323232323232.png
282 KB, 475x331
>>24791810
>buttblasted underage who's favorite Pokemon is probably Delphox
don't forget to turn your trip on next time so we can filter you
>>
>>24788086
>gen 1 had next to no story
Good. Pokemon stories are annoying and bad. BW probably had the best one. That's partially why RBY are good, no annoying NPCs coming to tell you about their dance moves every 5 steps and then not even battling you.
>>
>>24795253
>calls others underage
>posts an epic Reddit maymay image

lel
>>
>>24795282
I bet you think these came from reddit too.
>>
These threads always tear me apart inside

One the one hand, Gen I does have
>the original 151 Pokemon, which were the best, but I don't actually think there's been a bad batch of Pokemon yet - just a couple of odd stinkers each gen
>non-linearity of gym leader/team rocket order
>some of the best music of the series (in competition with Johto)
>the cosiest region (again in competition with Johto)
>more interesting human characters which could be fleshed out in latter games (Mr. Fuji, the Oak/Agatha thing, one of the few real rivals)
They also lack some of the worst features of the newer games, like the over-abundance of hand holding, those dickhead meme friends in X/Y, and epic legendary battles where all of time and space is at stake or some BS.

But then, they're also really shitty games. Mechanically, the battle system has only gotten better with each generation (with perhaps the exclusion of mega's if you're one of THOSE dickheads), conviences like running shoes and soaring are awesome, and there's all sorts of features in newer games, from berry trees to contests to seasons to battle facilities and so on.

I guess the tl;dr is that IMO Kanto is the best region, musically and roster-wise, but Pokemon Red/Blue/Green themselves eat ass (and FireRed/LeafGreen offered only the bare minimum to fix that)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.