[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RAGE THREAD. POST RAGE.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-MD_Blue_EN_boxart.jpg (30 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
250px-MD_Blue_EN_boxart.jpg
30 KB, 250x224
>new Pokemon mainline game not coming out for the foreseeable future
>ORAS/XY are a fucking cancerous embarrassment
>nothing Pokemon-related to play other than that crap that I haven't played 10,000 times
>SMD just came out, but I haven't played any other MD games before
>jump on the hype train and get Blue Rescue Team
>hey this is ok, all these dungeons look exactly the same, but whatever
>I bet it will get so fucking fun when I get more guys on my team
>only 2 guys can be with you at a time unless you're in a dungeon
>even though the big dog rescue team has 3 guys (Alakazam, Tyranitar, Charizard)
>guys you do recruit can just fucking leave if they faint
>can't use items on them
>after using a TM it just sits unused in your bag and you can't deposit it
wow, this game sucks, I wish I was dead

what do I do guys, is Pokemon Conquest good? does this game get better?
>>
Pokemon Conquest? Maybe...
05/10
>>
>>24794988
Damn, that's not good.

What are you guys doing while waiting (in vain) for an actually good Pokemon game to come out?

I remember the good old days of BW/XY corocoro leaks, but nothing is coming from that for a long, long time.
>>
>>24794989
I've all but given up on hope for a good Pokemon game.

The dream of a good Pokemon game is just that, a dream, and everyone needs to wake up.
>>
Also Pokemon HS/SS was a good game. With the departure of Pokemon XY many players began to hate the sixth generation. Reasons: Fairy Tale
>>
File: 1449648382419.jpg (51 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1449648382419.jpg
51 KB, 540x429
>>24794993
Christ.

>>24794995
>Pokemon HS/SS was a good game
except it wasn't

Platinum is definitely worth playing since it's the only game featuring Sinnoh, but why would you want to play that slow-ass Gen IV shit when Crystal is the same exact game but better albeit without that Cianwood Safari Zone?
>>
Pokémon Platinum is also good. The point with Pokémon HS/SS is the idiocy of the companion Pokemon ..really did not see him as good, but many liked that thing
>>
play a different game faggot, you don't have to play Pokemon 24/7
>>
>>24795012
I'm actually playing Dead Space right now, or I do when I'm home, but I'm mostly at work, so handheld/Pokemon is a staple.
>>
>>24795009
I liked the following Pokemon, but it's not like it affects gameplay. Just a neat little thing. Crystal is superior in every way. Besides Cianwood Safari Zone, which was great, but it doesn't make up for the tedium of the rest of the game.
>>
>>24795012
this
>>24795015
I used to be the same but I expanded my 3ds library, theres plently of other good games
>>
>>24795009
>Pokémon Platinum is also good
it is, but I've played the shit out of all the older games, I wanted something new since XY/ORAS are so shit, ORAS in particular, but PMD:BRT isn't that great either, I've only logged a few hours playing it though, I'll keep going for a little longer before I drop it
>>
>>24795018
redpill me senpai
>>
>>24795017
What is your opinion about the Pokemon contests?
>>
>>24795024
I saw nothing wrong with them in RSE. As a matter of fact, in Emerald, I liked the Battle Tents a lot. They had a different style of battling to them town-to-town, one of them being Contest Battles. It was great and I liked them because you could win items. A cool break from the action.

Unlike 99% of the other shit tier gimmicks in later games, like in BW2 how you were fucking forced to stop playing the game and follow this guy and make some gay fucking battle video with Riolu Man or whatever, holy shit who thought of that cancer.
>>
>>24795031
That shit was easy. Then as many the best to you in the Pokemon BW2 was the Pokemon World Tournament
>>
>>24795047
>Pokemon BW2 Pokemon World Tournament
really good
>>
>>24794983
The thing is, you expected a main series game. This is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. Here different rules apply.

It's more like your standard RPG. It's more about you and your partner, and the story is usually better then the story of the main series Pokemon games (although Rescue Team isn't such an impressive story compared to later entries, but there are still feels and such).

>guys you do recruit can just fucking leave if they faint
>can't use items on them
Not present in later entries. Once recruited, they stay and you can use items on them.

>after using a TM it just sits unused in your bag and you can't deposit it

Is it really that hard to throw away that unused TM? Before you say "why can't I reuse the TM again?" This is a Gen 3 game, therefore unlimited TMs didn't exist back then. You can if you have the move Recycle "recycle" the TM so you can use it again.
>>
>>24795072
Regarding the TMs, I'm just pissed you can't just deposit them, what the fuck.

And the Team Mates leaving is really, really gay. I was hype when I recruited an Aron, but then he got his ass beat by some Spearow or something because he went off to fight it on his own and died. I have a Magnemite with me now as my third guy, but like we're talking about, he's only with you in dungeons if you go and see him and select to bring him with you there first. Pretty gay honestly. I wanted to roll around with a huge troop of bad ass motherfuckers.

All this being said, can you evolve in this game?
>>
>>24795084
>All this being said, can you evolve in this game?
I'm gonna be honest, not until postgame.
>>
>>24795098
You're dicking me.

You serious?
>>
>>24795020
Try EOT/D/S for the DS; good plot, but gameplay isn't as tough as SPMD, which could be seen as a downside depending on your views.
IMHO the first Mystery Dungeon game(s) [R/BRT] weren't that good. The later games are what make the spinoff series so good IMO.
>>
>>24794983
>>ORAS/XY are a fucking cancerous embarrassment
Just wait till gen 7 arrives and gen 6 will be GOAT

>SMD just came out, but I haven't played any other MD games before
>jump on the hype train and get Blue Rescue Team

Fuck old PMD games and just gey a new one. Its better in every way
>>
>>24795141
>EOT/D/S
What?

And so are you saying I should drop Blue Rescue Team?
>>
>>24795101
I havent played Blue in a long while but I'm pretty sure it only applies to your starter and your partner. Pokemon you recruit from dungeons can evolve normally I think.
>>
>>24795152
>gen 7 arrives and gen 6 will be GOAT
What does this even mean.

>>24795152
I heard Sky was the best, is that true?

>>24795154
Oh, I guess that's fine then. Can you recruit other starters at some point?
>>
>>24795156
>What does this even mean.
It means people shit on 6th gen mainly because its the current gen. The same thing was with 5th gen, now its one of people's favourites

>I heard Sky was the best, is that true?
Its good but SMD is better in every way. Sure some people like more storyline from Sky some from SMD but SMD overall is just better: longer, more pokemon, amazing graphics etc
>>
>>24795162
I've never not liked any Gen of Pokemon until now, including V. It initially turned me off having only Unova Pokemon, but now I've come to really enjoy it and am glad they did it.

I enjoyed my first runthrough of X, but after the second runthrough it was just boring. It's a barren region that tries to make up for it with N64 trees and castles. Dropped ORAS after the 3rd or 4th gym. I eventually went back and beat it, but it wasn't fun. Won't ever play it again. Same thing with HGSS. Not a bad game, but Gen IV is just so fucking slow and tedious that I'd never want to play that ever again over Crystal.

So I'm not sure about the underage faggots from tumblr that make up at least 50% of /vp/'s populous, but so far Gen IV is objectively bad. Tied with IV for worst. All others are more or less equal in quality.

And so you're saying I dun goofed not just going for SMD right away? Are the others worth playing at all?
>>
>>24795169
>And so you're saying I dun goofed not just going for SMD right away? Are the others worth playing at all?

Id say play SMD and then see if you like the formula of the series and then eventually try other ones.

SMD does a great job with tutorials and explaining how the game works, a lot better than it was in the older games
>>
>>24795181
Can you evolve your guys and recruit as many people as you want?
>>
>>24795153
PMD2 has three versions; Explorers of Time, Explorers of Darkness, and Explorers of Sky.

And that's really your decision. If you feel like you should keep going with it, go for it man.
>>
>>24795187
You cant evolve your main Pokemon, nor partner untill postgame. You can and will recruit many different pokemon. Well obviosuly the main goal is to recriut all 720 mons
>>
>>24795201
Oh I had no idea there were simply 3 versions of the same game. I thought they were different.

>>24795210
So you only have 2 Pokemon with you at a time except in a dungeon where your friends come or whatever?
>>
>>24794983
>Pokemon Conquest

Do yourself a favour and just play Waifu Emblem instead. Conquest, it's alright, but gets samey even before the first storyline ends.

And yes, that is how PMD games work. Git gud.
>>
>>24794997
>Playing GB/GBC games
>2015

Is this some new avant garde meme or something? Playing RS instead of ORAS is already stretching it, but GSC instead of HGSS is where the line needs to be drawn.
>>
>>24795223
What's the best FE? The original English one for GBA?
>>
>>24795230
All Pokemon games are essentially graphical updates. HGSS is the same thing as GSC, except it's just slower. Menus, animations, everything. So Crystal is better, except for muh graphix I guess.

ORAS is just inferior all around. May warping you around, cities gutted, Safari Zone removed, nerfed NPCs, fuck it just makes me angry thinking about it. Worst game I've ever played, fuck ORAS.
>>
>>24795153
>drop Blue Rescue Team?

Maybe play until the end of the main story
>>
>>24795222
>So you only have 2 Pokemon with you at a time except in a dungeon where your friends come or whatever?

It depends, most of the time you can choose who's going with you, there are some storyline-dungeons were your party isnt your decision
>>
>>24795238
>May warping you around
You can so no

>cities gutted
what?

>Safari Zone removed
Bullshit, rules are removed, SZ is still there with the same Pokemon as in RS

>nerfed NPCs
Some got nerfed, some got buffed

Get your facts straight
>>
>>24795239
>>24795249
Thanks for spoonfeeding me bros. I'm gonna finish BRT then I guess play the others chronologically.

Games aren't bad. Definitely more enjoyable than Gen VI shit.

>>24795254
>Get your facts straight
the game was fucking ass

if you like a long, shitty Pokemon tutorial with a disgusting deviantart moeshit protag, play ORAS

I, meanwhile, won't.
>>
>>24795238
>except it's just slower

Technically true, just unnoticeably so. But then I can raise you physical/special split, natures, better berry mechanics, very slight level fixing.

With ORAS, every warp but one by Wally is optional, cities are the same, Safari Zones have always been terrible and NPC's are about the same difficulty if you turn Exp Share off. You also have the much smoother menu/box options and reusable TM's that they introduced in Gen 5 and refined greatly in 6 and you have fine games. But they're all fine games if you aren't an autist about it.
>>
>>24795238
>cities gutted

Not at all, the only one even changed is Mauville for the better, at least complain about the three gutted dungeons which actually happened.
>>
>>24795270
>But then I can raise you physical/special split, natures, better berry mechanics
This is all basically muh taste stuff though. They Phys/spec split fucked as many Pokemon as it buffed, like Sceptile or Alakazam. Natures for in-game is fucking awful, much better when you could throw a ball at whatever mon you wanted and just use it instead of farming for 7 hours for a decent nature. Don't get me wrong, I like natures for the most part, but I do also like RBYGSC for the fact that it has none as well. And Berry mechanics? Berries grow once a day and you pick them, right? And wasn't that apricorns? How did you even get berries in HGSS?

Reusable TMs is fucking 20/10 though, but I don't think even that makes up for VI's fuckery. But V definitely gets a fuckload of points for it. BW might even be my favorite game.
>>24795286
>Mauville
That's where I stopped playing. Why did they change a quaint and simple city to a giant cancerous mall where there's 20 rooms and they all look exactly the same. One of my biggest complaints with the game to be quite fucking honest.
>>
>>24795297
>That's where I stopped playing

>Stopped playing because they changed one city.
I have no more questions
>>
>>24795231
Honestly as it is now, just get Awakening. Certainly not a bad game by any stretch, and its casual mode is probably the best tutorial for FE if you haven't played any other incarnation.
>>
>>24795303
No, that was just the straw.

>>24795307
Cool.
>>
>>24795297
Probably because Mauville was supposed to be some big development anyways as evidenced by New Mauville.
>>
>>24794983
Sky fixes a lot of the problems you have with Blue. TM's still turn into Used TM's, but you can use Recycle to restore it.
>>
>>24795258
>the game was fucking ass
I think he said facts, not opinions anon.
>if you like a long, shitty Pokemon tutorial with a disgusting deviantart moeshit protag, play ORAS
Try playing Diamond and Pearl. If any game in the franchise feels like a slow tutorial, it's them two entries. The first three towns in Sinnoh combined feel like the starting town in another game. That's how painful the experience is.
>>
>>24795101
If it makes you feel better, evolving has nearly no impact on your stats. +5 to all stats, that's it
>>
>>24795222
Sky is the Platinum of the three
>>
>Gen 6 is bad.

Love this meme with my soul.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.