[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Smogon/ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 16
File: Smogon.jpg (19 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
Smogon.jpg
19 KB, 212x238
Keep all the Autism in one thread. Talk about the new tier changes, post teams, get trash-talked by 12 year olds.

Been playing UU for a while now, somebody tell me why Sun suddenly became god tier.
>>
>>24778291
Because good sun pokes are uu and good sun counters are not uu
>>
File: sparkledog.png (38 KB, 321x302) Image search: [Google]
sparkledog.png
38 KB, 321x302
>>24778291
>>24779058
>ninetales will never be viable in any tier
>ever

Oh, and people finally found out that Fire-type attacks are hella good and the amount of mons that get STAB under sun are insane
>>
>>24779058
>good sun counters are not UU
But Snorlax is UU? Thick Fat with all that bulk? Worked great against sun teams last gen. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>24778291
Venusaur pushed it over the edge.

>>24779207
Snorlax gets worn down, but its pretty solid against sun.
>>
>>24778291
rate my team (OU):
Alakazam (Mega) (Psychic Energyball Calm mind Focus blast)
>Sweeper. centerpiece of the team
Sylveon (wish, protect, hypervoice, calm mind)
>To counter tanks that alakazam cant deal with
Escavalier (Megahorn, Drill Run, Iron Head, Pursuit)
>Gets rid of pesky psychic types
Zapdos (HP Ice, Roost, Volt Switch,Heat wave)
>counters scizor, and kind of bisharp, who both ruin alakazam
Ferrethorn (leech seed, stealth rock, power whip, gyro ball)
>Stealth rock to assist in alakzam's sweeping. Only grass type damage in team
Gyarados (dragon dance, ice fang, waterfall, crunch)
>the physical sweeper of the team. tends to be my early go-to, whereas alakazam i pull out at the end of the match.

Any major holes in the team? for the most part i've been doing okay but its not been perfect
>>
>>24779207
>>24779250

Just a shot in the light, but probably a poke with fighting type move, or enough SpA boosts
>>
>>24779280
Escavalier and Ferrothorn on the same team gives you a real fire weakness. I'd suggest dropping Escavalier for Tyranitar if you just want a Pursuit Trapper with a lot of bulk. Weavile could work too, if you'd rather have speed, since Weavile conveniently also outspeeds most psychic types, so you don't have to worry about getting Focus Blasted or whatever.
>>
>>24779439
yeah I was thinking of switching out escavalier for someone else due to sharing that 4x fire weakness, team does get kinda wrecked by heatran and the like since my main heatran counter is escavalier who's slower and 4x weak to fire lmao

Was also thinking of adding a rapid spinner just because I have the two flying types but that's a bit less so, since my main goal is having alakazam sweep and he has magic guard. Might try tyranitar.
>>
How do you think the new Mega/Base form split will influence the meta? More directly, UU and RU?

>>24779469
Hope that works out for you.
>>
>>24781538

There's gonna be a lot of BL banlisting when some base forms are too overpowered relative to their usage. Megas and base arent mutually exclusive, just because a pokemon's mega is OU and 99% of people use it as mega doesnt mean that pokemon can drop tiers and fit in
>>
>>24781669
I don't think there's anything from OU that will end up in BL, but that might not be the case for the lower tiers. I imagine UU won't change much (until Gyarados/Conk/Sylveon drop, IF they drop anyway) but I definitely can imagine some carnage in the coming months once the drops keep going down.
>>
Why cant CTC win anything by himself anymore?
>>
bring back bab
>>
>>24781738
>CTC
>ever good

he's a meme machine and that's it
>>
>>24779280

I feel like sylveon has no viable niches that other fairy types do better.
>>
File: pinsir.png (168 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
pinsir.png
168 KB, 400x300
>>24781538

At least I have my favorite SR setter in NU back.
>>
>>24779280
You should change Energy Ball to Shadow Ball on Alakazam, since you get walled by bulky Psychic-types otherwise (e.g. Mew).

Sylveon is good and standard.

Escavalier is good and standard. AV set can actually take an uninvested Lava Plume from Heatran at full and OHKO back with Drill Run, so keep that in mind.

Zapdos should be the standard defensive set with Defog, unless you don't mind hazards.

Ferrothorn is fine.

Gyarados seems fine. But if you're in need of an early game wallbreaker, Waterfall, Bounce, Sub, DD with leftovers is really underrated. It once swept one of my top teams because the things that could wall it couldn't get past the sub.

If you wanna be extra nasty (for now at least), replace something on your team with Gothitelle. Sub DD Gyara + Trapper Goth destroys many teams barring HO, but Mega Alakazam shits on HO.
>>
So, the last thing I read about Smogon/Showdown is that Greninja is banned.

What went after it?
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (235 KB, 578x867) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
235 KB, 578x867
Rate my UU team
>>
>>24784000
Landorus-I got banned from OU. That's pretty much it for that tier.

For lower tiers:
M-Pidgeot got banned from UU.
Kingdra, Noivern, and Venomoth got banned from RU.
Typhlosion got banned from NU, but might have another shot if it drops again.

Don't remember when Moltres got the boot from RU but it might have been in that time period, too.
>>
>>24781738
CTC was never good. To be honest, most Poketubers have always been mediocre at best.
>>
>>24778291
>12 year olds
>triggered
I am an adult, Smogay. I happen to trashtalk you everyday and did so at the Pokemon World Championships directly to many of your faces then proceeded to shove many of you in the shoulders trying to bully you into confrontation

Every single Smogay there who represented Smogay or Showdown, and expressed their love for the tiers either looked down at their feet or nervously tried to talk back. Ask the two Mods who left with shiners around their eyes and were ashamed to tell their piers but went to the Refs and Cops.

Good thing they couldn't find the person responsible after acting like little bitches. Also I found three Staff who went and asked them to permaban me now. They couldn't and felt so fucking scared. One was skinny as fuck, the other two were fat as hell. It was so much fun to punch all three in their mouths. Smacked the skinny fuck right in the back of his head as he tried to run.

I don't know which Smogay Staff, Mods, and Users I smacked around but it felt great. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Bet they signed on to ban a couple of people just to get their egos back up to snuff.

:)
>>
>>24784143
>someone will respond to this seriously
>>
>>24784175
this actually happened and was kept quiet tho...

>>24784143
you're an asshole
>>
>>24779094
drought is banned in UU
>>
>>24779280
>Trap Alakazam with Gothilette, team auto loses
Nice strategy.
>>
>>24784420
>Trap Alakazam with Gothitelle
>Implying you can trap a Shadow Tag Pokemon.

Do you even play this game?
>>
>>24781738
Key words here being 'by himself'
Hardly anyone plays by themselves, there is always a group of them that work together and they take it in turns to claim the glory
>>
>>24784432
You read my post backwards you stupid retard.
>>
>>24784017
Pretty good.
>>
File: 5YjPsaH_1_.png (456 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
5YjPsaH_1_.png
456 KB, 768x1024
>>24779280
Fucked sideways by M Manetric and Thundurus
>>
Can someone build me a team around mega charizard x please!!?? I'm really bad at team building.
>>
>>24784127
CTC isn't exactly a poketuber. He's just in videos, that's it.
>>
>>24787782
Can't build a whole team at the moment but you can try using a ZardX/Azumarill/Latios core to start.
>>
what are the principal threats of a cm megaslowbro/clefable/celebi core?
>>
>>24787782
Use Magnezone. Drag-Mag is easy to use spoiler] but also easy to counter [/spoiler]. Just have Magnezone trap steel types that would otherwise cause problems for your Outrage-spammer and use Flash Cannon to kill any fairies. Be sure to give Magnezone Volt Switch too so you can switch around easier, and Hidden Power-Fire to eat up Ferrothorns. I'd personally use Choice Specs as your item.

For Charizard, make it bulky and run Roost, that way you're bulky enough to set up Dragon Dances on Rotom, which is normally a counter. Roost can also help recover health lost from Flare blitzes, un-removed hazards, or Garchomp's Rough Skin Rocky Helmet bullshit.

Since you're using Charizard, you should also have a Rapid Spin or Defog guy too. I always liked Starmie for that role because it outpseeds and kills Gengar, OU's main spin-blocker. If you prefer Defog, Latios or Mandibuzz is the way to go, depending on if you want more offense or want a balance team.

Lastly, since you're probably terrible, you should consider using Serperior or Gyarados. Other terrible players don't know how to deal with these pokemon, especially if they aren't running Talonflame to mindlessly outspeed and hit them. For Serperior, use Hidden Power ground and Contrary Leaf Storms. HP Ground stops Heatran, which would normally be a problem for most of the stuff I mentioned earlier. If you'de rather use Gyarados, use this:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Seriously, people at the bottom of the ladder just don't know how to fucking deal with Bouncy Gyarados.

Anyway, I'd also suggest a Talonflame counter. Best one is Tyranitar.

Good luck, bro! I hope I helped!
>>
>>24785307
No, he didn't.

>>24789994
Beedrill. Gyarados. Venusaur.
>>
>>24789994
rephrasing, how shit
>cm megaslowbro
>unaware clef
>np celebi
>scarfchomp
>sdeftran
>mandibuzz
is? It looks synergetic but I don't know how much tank teams are worth in xy (I used to play bw and wanted to play a bit in xy, I don't know anything about the meta
>>24790171
I see, looks like I don't have much for gyara. How should I tweak the team?
>>
>>24784017
the mega is too obvious
>>
Poketabletopper here, I'm hoping your advice also works there. I'd like to know what two other Pokémon to add to make the team survivable in the long run or to clear up any gaps I have

Current Team is:

Male Dratini, level 19. Hardy Nature with Shed Skin and Marvel Scale.

Female Riolu, level 15. Modest Nature with no current abilities. Being designed towards the Special Attack route.

Female Dewott, level 16. Adamant Nature with Torrent. Physical attacker, please note that I can't really recall her when I use her in a battle. If she comes out, she stays out until she's knocked out.

Undisclosed Ponyta, level 17. Proud Nature, no abilities.

Any recommendations are appreciated, though I'm thinking of keeping the last two slots for situational Mons, to handle Gym and other challenges and replaced as needed.
>>
Nice pedo enabling site
>>
>>24790185
Of course it's obvious.You don't use Beedrill unless it's Mega.
>>
Bumping for some help.
>>
File: cynthia 22.jpg (316 KB, 1333x933) Image search: [Google]
cynthia 22.jpg
316 KB, 1333x933
Looking for a OU team that is based off Pokemon one can find DPP (Sinnoh Pokedex).
[Spoiler] Or at least a majority Sinnoh [/spoiler]
>>
How do I git gud at Smogon?

I know I shouldn't follow the tiers too closely, as my fightan game experience has taught me.
>>
>>24792563
You copy and paste a team if you're playing on Showdown.
>>
>>24792563
your fighting game experience is almost completely wrong then
>>
>>24790185
Nigger, of course its fucking obvious. That's like saying "it's so obvious you have a froslass on your team". In what way is that a critique, suggestion or advice?
>>
>>24792570
But there's like 720 pokemon with even more weird moves. How do I know I'm not playing with a flawed group?

>>24792596
It's not that I learned to ignore tiers, it's that there are lots of people who stick to them religiously that the moment you do one unknown thing to them, they break. Lots of bnreakdowns in Showderp that I've seen about that.
>>
>>24792606
He's saying that your opponents could read you like a book by seeing that you have a Beedrill on your team.
>>
>>24784017
>magnet
Just run a fucking life orb or specs, magnet is useless of you're fighting something that's not weak against heliolisk's electric-type moves.

>>24792507
Garchomp and mega lopunny are a couple of good choices for normal teams. You could also try running a sand team with hippowdon, m-garchomp, heatran and a couple of others, that would throw a lot of people off guard, since sand isn't super common in OU.
>>
File: 1438915862297.png (137 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1438915862297.png
137 KB, 600x600
Hey guys whats a good set for skarmory? is it pretty much hazards/whirlwind? It's my first time running him and I don't wanna copy pasta.
>>
>>24792831

roost, brave bird, heat wave, taunt
>>
>>24792831
Swords dance, Drill peck, roost, guard swap.
Weak armour.

>>24792905
>heat wave
>>
>>24792932
for coverage, anon
>>
>>24792905
>>24792932
hmm, that could work. I had another anon suggest sturdy/weak policy.
weak armor would be nice for the speed boost though.
>>
>>24792944
>base 40 special attack
>>
>>24778291
>I'm not good enough at regular pokemon so I need to build artificial rules so I can pretend im good
>>
>>24792972
No, it can't. I'm trolling you

>>24792986
>40 SpA
>disregard the fact it doesnt learn it anyways
>>
>>24793006
>vgc is a great and diverse format.
>>
>>24793022
oh. well I appreciate the thought anyway anon.
>>
>>24793024
>smogon is a great and diverse format, where you can fight the same six pokemon who may or may not have a slight move alteration!
>>
>>24793031
uh, sure
If you don't want to be generic, then don't use skarmory at all. Unless the flying steel physical bulk happens to be exactly what your team needs.

>>24793024
>>24793006
VGC and smogon are both cancerous in their own way. Pokemon simply isnt balanced enough, and attempts to balance it just imbalance it in other ways, even if it improves on it slightly.
>>
>>24793045
I needed a steel type.
the rest of the team is alakazam - mega,
weavile
gengar
azumarill
and hippoudon.

I started with mega ala and weavile and branched out for offensive mons that gave the team coverage.
>>
>>24793068
Escavalier desu familia
>>
File: 1385778936533.png (268 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1385778936533.png
268 KB, 361x691
>>24792905
>>24792932
>no hazards
>>
>>24793413
he said he wanted something that wasn't bog standard skarm
>>
>>24793445
I mean If hazards is really the best option I'll go for it. I know how much it helps with offensive teams. I just wanted opinions.
>>
>>24793445
>i'll use something ineffective because I don't want to follow the meta
You can use creative sets that aren't garbage, you know.
>>
Newfig to smogon in general here, built an Eeveelution team (UU), how fucked am I?

(Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Foul Play

(Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Heal Bell

(Glaceon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Hail

(Jolteon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

(Leafeon) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

(Espeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Trick
>>
>>24793490
No matter what you do with an Eeveelution team it's not going to be great, just letting you know.

Don't run Hail on Glaceon, you'll be forced out and a teammate will have to take hail damage. Try Baton Pass instead?

Not sure what you're trying to hit with HP Fire Umbreon.

Take BP off of Leafeon, nothing on your team benefits from SD. Glaceon can use it to pivot instead. Maybe Synthesis would be better in that slot.

Trick+Leftovers? Better off with recovery or BP, which your specs users appreciate.
>>
>>24793535
I put rest on Glaceon, Pursuit on Umbreon, Synth on Leaveon, and BP on Espeon, still not doing well but it's probably the best an Eeveelution team can get.
>>
Rate the team of a fucking scrub:

Doublade (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Crunch

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Synthesis

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch

Dugtrio (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Hone Claws
- Stealth Rock
>>
what's the best Monotype team you can think of
>>
>>24793648
Water

By far
>>
>>24793688

How do monowater teams nowadays deal with M-Venu being more dominant, and M-Char with an OP one-turn Solarbeam?
>>
>I really like Deoxys, but he's an uber so I'll only fight the same three team sets forever and even then I might as well use one of those three sets
>my favorite, Porygon, is LC trash thanks to smogon
>Metagross isn't as good as I want him to be
I just can't win so I'm not even going to try
>>
>>24794060
Have fun with the lower tier stuff, bruh.
>>
>>24794060

What? It's in LC because its an unevolved pokemon.
>>
>>24794013
sip sapper me lad.
>>
>>24794060
How is it smogons fault porygon is shit? It's shit even in LC.
>>
>>24794079
I'll probably look into UU
>>
>>24794242
A lot of Smogon kiddies are copy pasters. They just follow a checklist. Throw stuff at them that they've never seen and they crack. You'll get threads complaining about your bro being secretly OP in no time.

PS, throw a Zoroark in there.
>>
>>24794284
>Zoroark
pair it with shedinja and you're good to go familia.

>stuff they've never seen.
happens to the best of us. ever seen how fast a scarfed togekiss is? neither had I till I lost to it.
>>
One last bump for help.
>>
File: dNVvntX.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
dNVvntX.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>24783922
>using Pinsir as SR setter
>not moxie scarf
>>
I'm building a team In NU. I already have 3 mons but I'm unsure of who else to use.

>Offensive vileplume
>Tank steelix
>Defensive mantine

I sort of want a fire type or a dark type as grass types might give me trouble and I hate musharna. I also need faster mons. The issue with this is that I mate most of the fire type options in NU other than magmortar and I'm not sure how well it would do on this team considering most of it is noteably slow.
>>
>>24797068

It shits all over people who use xatu as their only hazard support. which is a lot.
>>
>>24793490
lol dis is horrible nigga
that glaceon is fucking horrible lmao
>>
>>24778291
guys guys can I use Melloetta?
>>
>>24794060
>>24794155
>>24794185
lol what the fuck are you talking about
porygon is amazing in LC
>>
>>24778291
nice blog
keep it to smogon forums or showdown rooms
>>
>>24794060
Doesn't mean you absoluteley can't use it. You can use it in Ubers too, if you want, just don't expect it to be good.
>>
>>24798559
Fair enough. What item do you use, Life Orb or Leftover?
>>
>>24794060
Porygon is S Rank in LC, what makes you say it's trash?

Mega Metagross is still pretty gud in OU. Regular Meta isn't spectacular, but now that it's UU you have more opportunities to use it well. It's even usable in OU with AV.
>>
>>24792831
The optimal set is stealth rock, whirlwind, roost, and brave bird.
>>
>>24784175
You DO know this actually happened ye???
>>
>>24784143
lol
>>
So I built this team with the intent of making the low-ladder grind easier. It usually stops working once you hit like 1500 where people have half a functioning brain in OU.

bune (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch

cade (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Knock Off

pone (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

cate (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

dragone (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

hoge (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

i actually don't remember what all the roles are, i think the two scarves were meant to be some sort of lure

rate / fix i guess
>>
>>24806684
How do you deal with Mega Slowbro? Also looks like you have a Talonflame weakness.
>>
File: Disgusting taste.gif (2 MB, 275x154) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting taste.gif
2 MB, 275x154
>>24778291
> Smogon
>>
>>24792645
>Magnet is useless

It really isn't. Helps me bluff the Choice Item and has helped me numerous times. I don't like the loss of HP nor the lock onto a move from Choice Specs.

>>24806684
Make Mamoswine Jolly and give it max Speed, there is no reason to run 248 instead of 252.
You also lack a Keldeo check/counter and a Fairy resist. I'd suggest a standard Lati@s over Mew so you can keep the Defog and replacing Kyurem-Black with a Steel/Poison-type. Scizor/Heatran/Jirachi/Gengar are all good fits for your team.
Also, Drain Punch on Lopunny isn't exactly good. You don't get that much survivability, you could run Power-Up Punch or Ice Punch.
>>
this team got me to around 1600 before suspect started despite my shitty luck
as much as i hate megavenu can't really make use of the regular without being blatantly outclassed
http://pastebin.com/x9Ay99WA
>>
>>24807250
>slowbro that loses to sub keldeo
>hex gengar without status
>arcanine at all
le trashman faec
>>
>>24807467
>>slowbro that loses to sub keldeo
venu
>>hex gengar without status
was an experiment to see how it beat stallier teams, likely am swapping it out for shadow ball
>>arcanine at all
well fuck you leather man
>>
New to competitive battling, looking to build a UU team around like M-Blastoise of Nidoking. What do I want to consider to get started?
>>
File: team.png (173 KB, 630x954) Image search: [Google]
team.png
173 KB, 630x954
How to improve muh team? I don't like screwtom but honestly I need something for Talonflame.
I just want to make sure Talonflame will sweep at late game.
>>
>>24807661
Offensive Sylveon spread with defensive moveset? Come on m8. Also give Rotom a nature.
>>
>>24807682
Fuck, forgot the fucking nature on the fucking Screw-Tom.
It's defensive m8, 252 def, 248 hp
>>
>>24807661
Clefable > Sylveon
You need shifty sediments, and Clefable is both a good setter and generally better than defensive Sylveon.

Make Rotom Bold if you haven't already.

Talonflame should have 80 HP and 172 Spe.

Might want to consider a PuP set on Lopunny to pressure Hippo/Slowbro which just switch out of your other Pokemon. You could also just use SD Talon to pressure those two, and then try to clean up with Lopunny. Your call.
>>
>>24807825
Honestly, everytime i used Clefable he just didn't make it as good as Sylveon did. No fucking idea why.

Beside it, is my team good enough?
>>
I'm really new to competitive battling (well, I know the basics, but I don't really know the tiers threats and how to build a good team), and I'd like to build an UU team.
Anybody got advices ?
>>
>>24807835
It's decent in general, if pressured by Weavile.

The major problem I see is that you don't have sneaky pebbles.
>>
Why do all you autists give your mons embarrassing meme names? It's pretty pathetic desu
>>
>>24807619
Might want to check out the viability rankings to get a general idea of what's worth using and preparing for.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-uu-viability-rankings-v4-read-post-90.3555277/

Mega Blastoise is usually run on Bulky Offense and balance as a spinner and tank, pairs nicely with Florges or Nidoqueen.

Nidoking is found on offense as a wallbreaker. Usually, you'll want to pair it with a sweeper that can take advantage of it breaking down walls, and something that can cover for what it's not hitting.

Example: Let's say you're using Nidoking with a set of Earth Power / Sludge Wave / Ice Beam / Megahorn. SD Cobalion stands out as a good partner here because Nidoking can lure out fat Psychics, pressure Waters, and outright KO FatMence+Doublade; All of which are threats to a Cobalion sweep. In return, Cobalion destroys the likes of Snorlax and Blissey that this Nidoking can't defeat alone. A good third partner might force out bulky Waters. HP Grass Zapdos seems to fit, as its checks are mostly covered by Cobalion/Nidoking.
>>
>>24807853
Honestly i just want to defog any rocks anyway.

weavile is a pressure to most of the team i saw desu
>>
File: 1433298100181.jpg (165 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1433298100181.jpg
165 KB, 1680x1050
MMing for competitive Skarmory. Does anyone have a 6 IV Foreign one laying around?
>>
File: 1444589464895.jpg (594 KB, 972x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444589464895.jpg
594 KB, 972x1000
UU is a lot more fun after the regular/mega usage split.

Also Crawdaunt is a lot of fun to use, but I am also playing sub 1400 where everyone is too bad to really abuse it. Is it really too strong for the tier?
>>
>>24806799
As I've said, it's meant to prey on shitters who don't look ahead to wincons and shit like that, so the team is intentionally bad. I usually deal with threats to the team by using Endeavor Mamo.

Talonflame is not much of a threat in the hands of people who don't know when to click U-turn.
>>
>>24809534
> Is Crawdaunt really too strong for the tier?

I just got reqs for the vote and let me tell you, that thing is broken beyond repair. Only counters it has are mons with little to no other use in the tier such as Cheshit and Virizion. It's pretty much like Keldeo is in OU, minus the speed, aka packing a resist for each of its attacks is not enough, it's either full on counter or lose. SD fucks all stall once and for all, and it also does huge damage with Aqua Jet.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 232 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 473-559 (89.4 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Fat Fish dying means nothing is sacred.
>>
so, guys
shadow tag is gone
>>
>>24808305
but Skarmory doesnt get that ability, anon.
>>
>>24792618
You choose a tier. ~720 pokemon applies to ubers, but realistically you're maybe going to use not even a tenth of that.
>>
>>24792618
>Lots of breakdowns in Showderp that I've seen about that.
That's because showderp plays at the bottom of the OU ladder.
That is where you find the worst of the worst players, besides maybe AG but that can barely be counted as a real tier.
>>
>>24809933
Im neutral on Shadow Tag. Glad Mega Sableye stayed though, its clearly not broken. Goth + Sableye was annoying as hell though and Im glad that thats gone now.
>>
>>24810059
>>
WHO /pu/ HERE?
>>
>>24778291
their strategy dex sucks since they changed the layout
>>
Team rate. Pls no bully.
Land Sharknado (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

dyno gyno (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Muh sand rush (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Wild Charge

Yellow Rabbit (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Flying Pan (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
>>
>>24811802
Focus Blast > Energy Ball on Alakazam. Might want to change Dazzling Gleam too, but I guess it lures Sableye which is fine.

Your team has nothing to take hits from Keldeo if it gets in safely, pretty weak to water in general. You may want to either make your team more offensive in general, or add something that can pivot into waters.
>>
Mr. Cow (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpA
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Onion Fairy (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Ancient Power
- Giga Drain

Smogon-Wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Elephy (Donphan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Smuckle (Shuckle) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic

Botton mence (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Crunch

salamence is my early game sweeper. the rest of the mons are there to support mega camerupt
>>
>>24812446
Donphan and ScarfMence are very underwhelming in general, I'd argue that Shuckle doesn't really fit either.

Scrap those three and start again with the Camperupt/Celebi/Rotom-W core.

Rotom should have Volt Switch and Celebi should have Recover.
>>
bunp
>>
Explain why Shadow Tag Wobbuffet was banned without using the word "uncompetitive".
>>
>>24822377
because smogon don't care about collateral when it isn't something they like.
>>
>>24822377
Because Shadow Tag is broken and Smogon decided to ban it on principle, despite Goth being the only truly broken abuser.
>>
File: tiny fug.gif (5 KB, 40x42) Image search: [Google]
tiny fug.gif
5 KB, 40x42
last bump
>>
>>24802485

Mad late but focus sash. It also serves an an emergency check to certain threats if you keep it at full.
>>
>>24794060
mega metagross is amazing in OU, and regular meta has a very solid assault best set that's nice for trapping lati@s & other psychics. it's not something you can build around, however, but you can try av meta + specs / cm keld. meta removes those latis that keld hates.

all these sets and spreads are on the smogdex (smogon analyses).
>>
>>24807661
i'd run either specially defensive SD talon or bulky SD talon > your current set, and standard CM +TWave clef > sylveon to start.
>>
File: team2.png (143 KB, 631x852) Image search: [Google]
team2.png
143 KB, 631x852
team rate plus need a 6th team member
>>
>>24828308
suggester here give rhypherior weakness policy
>>
>>24828858

good idea, the problem is this cunt dies if it gets hit with a super effective move usually
>>
>>24828308

Azumarril can buttfuck most of your team, you'd want a more reliable way of taking it out without having to resort to Twaving it and hoping it gets parahax'd.
>>
>>24828896

youre right, thats the one thing that has beat me a lot of times and i cant remember anything else specific beating me repeatedly. according to the damage calculator on smogon the thundurus can one shot azumaril with thunderbolt
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.