[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome to the /vp/ fake TCG set general. we are going to wo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: 0SU DR. MASON.png (767 KB, 756x1050) Image search: [Google]
0SU DR. MASON.png
767 KB, 756x1050
Welcome to the /vp/ fake TCG set general. we are going to work hard to create a fake TCG set featuring real Pokemon (no meme cards) in the spirit of the actual game.

We're currently working together to create a set. Anyone's welcome to join!

>Can I contribute?
Absolutely. Choose a Pokemon from the below list of Pokemon who are slated to appear and get started! Either make a mockup or just post the card's text.

>What should I know before contributing?
This set is meant to be a stand-alone series, not to interact with any existing metagame. The general power scale we're aiming for is somewhere around the Base or Neo era (ie, 120 HP is considered high-end). Our main goal is that every Pokemon, including evolving basics, serve a purpose. For example, even Pokemon like Caterpie should have an effect like searching for more Caterpie or drawing a card, rather than simply "C - Tackle 10".

>Are these cards final?
No. Once we get a decent number of contributions, including at least one of each Pokemon appearing in the set, we'll move on to the testing phase (details about how you can help will be outlined in the future). During this process, it will be decided which cards will make the cut. Some cards will be modified for balance reasons, while others will likely need to be omitted completely. Once the cards are finalized, they will be remade using a unified template and given proper artwork (all artwork on mock-ups in this thread are assumed to be placeholders unless otherwise specified). Effect wording will also be cleaned up for the final draft.

RESOURCES:
List of cards that need to be made: http://pastebin.com/s3JsDtH0
Card rough draft gallery: http://imgur.com/a/HxMLE/all
For card drafts: http://www.pokecard.net/ (old style)
or http://pokemoncardmaker.org/ (new style)
resources for making cards in Photo-editing software: http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/
Tips and tricks: http://pastebin.com/wvkMNzeq

IMPORTANT DIRECTION POLL
http://strawpoll.me/6178281
>>
>>24769242
>No title
>>
Yo, guy who controls the Imgur. Are you gonna update it or do we have to elect a new guy? I've saved all the images from Thread #2, but I don't feel like doing it for Thread #3.
>>
File: Shroomish_VP.jpg (313 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Shroomish_VP.jpg
313 KB, 857x1200
New Shroomish. Until we decide to start testing (on LackeyCCG hopefully), continue submitting new cards and reworks.
>>
So what staple Trainer cards should we include?
>>
Like I said in the last thread, here's what we need to be doing. Feel free to continue submitting cards while we're doing it.
>we need to to get an idea of how many tester volunteers we have. If you're willing to test, say so in the thread so we can count you (and put something in the name field to avoid re-counts)
>among the testers, we need to make sure that Lackey is an acceptable testing platform. Other platform suggests are welcome
>if Lackey is chosen, all of the text-only cards must first be converted into mock-ups, then a plug-in for this expansion needs to be made (less difficult than it sounds)
>Decide which Trainers we're going to start out with. Because Trainer cards affect every single deck, it's best to start with the essentials, then start testing more interesting trainers as we get more familiar with the format. >>24767695 are my current recommendations. Feel free to add to them.
>Agree on a testing system. >>24767583 is my proposal, feel free to comment on it

In other words, we're currently in the part of the project where we need to start making preparations for the testing phase. Since it will probably take a while to get all of the above done, keep submitting cards.
>>
>>24769242
Creator of current poll here
http://strawpoll.me/6178281

In regards to the choices:
>Keep what we have but make some changes
What changes would you like to see?
>Reboot and start over
What would you do differently?
>Cancel the project
Obviously this answer is straight forward, but what was your stance on this project originally? Did you think it could work or did you find it was just a novel concept until it got boring?
>Stick to what we're doing?
What the fuck is wrong with you to see this shit isn't working and we're not getting anywhere?
>>
>>24769493
Let's cancel the project.
>>
>>24769490
Aye for testing with Lackey but I don't know how to make the plugin.
>>
File: Growlithe.jpg (233 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Growlithe.jpg
233 KB, 857x1200
Proposing a Growlithe and Arcanine.
>>
File: Arcanine.jpg (281 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Arcanine.jpg
281 KB, 857x1200
>>24769545
>>
File: Skrelp_VP.jpg (181 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Skrelp_VP.jpg
181 KB, 857x1200
Skrelp alternate. Second attack for Poison stalling. I hope it's clear how the Camouflage cooldown works.
>>
>>24769540
No problem. Making the plugin is super easy, since it's mostly just sorting all of the card images into a file. We just need to make sure we've got enough people on board with Lackey. We also need image files of every card, include the text-only ones.
>>
File: Skrelp_VP.jpg (180 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Skrelp_VP.jpg
180 KB, 857x1200
>>24769579
No I fucked it up
>>
File: ss (2015-12-04 at 05.46.17).jpg (137 KB, 696x530) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-04 at 05.46.17).jpg
137 KB, 696x530
>>24769504
Well, the current consensus is to keep it going with changes.
>>
>>24769653
I think the problem with most of this project's polls is that most of the leading options don't even out to 50% of the votes, so shit gets bitched about later. That's probably why neither the baby nor fossil mechanics managed to stick.

Granted, those decisions really shouldn't have been made before playtesting, anyway.
>>
>>24769429

Professor Juniper/Professor Oak's Research
Colress
N
Lysandre
Dark Patch
Bicycle/Bianca/Roller Skates
Level Ball/Ultra Ball
Switch/Float Stone
Rare Candy
Dowsing Machine
Computer Search

Thoughts?
>>
>>24769691
Colress and N are neither staples nor necessary

Those ACE SPECS are too swingy to test with until we get a handle on the Pokemon

Dark Patch, really?
>>
File: createcard.png.jpg (263 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
createcard.png.jpg
263 KB, 474x659
Here's my attempt at breloom.
>>
File: createcard.png.jpg (262 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
createcard.png.jpg
262 KB, 474x659
>>24769759
Fixed a couple of things.
>>
>>24769723
Don't listen to him. These are very overused cards in the current metagame.

Some of these cards (like Bicycle Dark Patch) are broken or centralizing the metagame.
>>
>>24769490
Here I am. I'd like to playtest. I could help converting the text-only cards as well. I've not seen anything of this "Lackey" program but it interests me. Also, what are we going to do about Trainer cards?
>>
>>24769759
>>24769774
Change Mach Punch to this

>[G][C] Select one of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 30 Damage to that Pokémon. (Don't apply weakness or resistance for benched Pokémon).

That's how its paraphrased nowadays. I put again [G] instead of [F] since you're forcing to mix two energies with that. I guess it can be adjusted later.
>>
>>24769774

Spore Bomb is pretty weak. Either increase the power to 60 or decrease the energy costs to [G][G].

I would also reduce the retreat costs to [C] because Breloom is already very frail because of its mediocre HP.

I also cannot see a reason for the Fighting resistance.
>>
>>24769759

I think for Mach Punch, you set the damage to 0. The description should then read "This attack does 30 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon (do not apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon).

Damage numbers on the right of the attack should only be listed for damage done to the Defending Pokemon.
>>
>>24769774
We have already so many bank attackers. That's boring.
>>
>>24769493
I think our biggest problem is that we have too many retards submitting shit that have absolutely no idea what they're doing and/or haven't played since Base Set.
>>
>>24769827
Not him but:
>Fighting includes Fighting, Rock and Ground.
>Breeloom resists Rock and Ground in the game.

I guess that was his logic but seeing that almost every Colorless Flying Pokémon and every Ghost resist Fighting, it's a little unnecessary.
>>
>>24768620
Anon here speaks the truth.
>Base set HP
Reduces viability on certain cards if their HP is too low (a la those retarded Eeveelutions someone made)
>DPPt attack costs
A good thing, if we were using RS/DP era HP, which we aren't apparently
>Nods to characters or whatever
Kind of irrelevant because what cards do are more important, but yeah more cohesion is needed
>zero consistency in card template usage
And this is one of the major problems because it shows how spread out we are. People are just making cards willynilly without looking at what's already in the set.

Also, a huge number of people here clearly have no idea how to balance a card as there's some crazy shit floating around that just doesn't get called out (the Hitmonchan that basically says you can't hit me comes to mind). There needs to be a set powerlevel that isn't Base/Neo/E-Cards or BW/XY. Somewhere in the middle is fine but sadly everyone either forgot how good DPPt and RS were in terms of how games played out and instead go with what they know (either broken pieces of shit from BW or boring cards that do nothing from Base).

If we really want this set to happen it can't be here where people are throwing terrible ideas around with no cohesion.

Also, get rid of all these coin flips. Those cards will never be played because no one wants to flip a single coin to make an attack decent.

(posted in the other thread, my bad)
>>
>>24769275
The ability is nearly useless. A cheap prize for your opponent against two or three Shroomish on your bench is a very bad deal.

Shroomish's HP is pretty low and its attacks are just awful.
>>
File: createcard.png.jpg (261 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
createcard.png.jpg
261 KB, 474x659
Took the various suggestions. It's still shit probably.
>>
>>24769493
>Reboot and start over
Making a set can be fun, but what you need is consistency and you're not going to get that from a bunch of neckbeards on an internet forum.

If we do want to make a set, I think the best way to go about it is get a bunch of people who know what they're doing together, basically the people who made half decent cards in the previous thread from a playability and design perspective. These people would create a Google Doc that they would have access to and everyone else here can read (but not edit). This would allow us to make good cards and still have input from /vp/ as well as finally getting some consistency in what the cards do.

Then, when we have about 75% of the set thought out from what the cards do we do an audition sort of thing for people to render them for us. That guy with the custom blanks in the first thread or the HS guy easily have made the best looking cards from an image perspective. So if they wanted to render some shit out for us that would be where we get our images from.

Basically we just need to organise this as right now there is basically none. All we really have are the generals and the imgur. Nothing good will happen if we keep this dumb circlejerk going.
>>
>>24769853
It is fine to collect ideas at the beginning. Everyone has other images and expectations. Separating the wheat from the chaff will be the next task at some point.
>>
>>24769242
What about having a deadline for new entries, and a detection of the actual state?

After this, we chose a selection of cards and start a second brainstorming phase to complete the set.

Then we test the cards and do adjustments, while other can start with the artwork.

At last we can finalize the cards, fix some issues from the test phase and our set is ready for printing.

This development process is also called "spiral model".
>>
>>24769803
Basically, right now we're just going to go with the essential Trainer cards to start out with, so that people can get a feel for the cards. Then we'll slowly start adding new Trainer cards a few at a time (with a vote as to which ones get in with each update, and then another vote as to whether they stay). Dumping 20-30 brand new Trainers at once would make it hard to pin down whether an imbalance was caused by a Trainer card, a combination of Trainer cards, or something Pokemon-related. Adding a few at a time to test would make it easier for people to focus on what to test.
>>
>>24769490
I'll test. Just say the word and I'll do what I can.
>>
>>24769950
That's really, really oversimplifying how much testing needs to go into a TCG set that's looking like it might have around 170 cards in it.

For now, the deadline is "when all of >>24769490 are complete". We'll give a day or so for the volunteer testers to come out of the woodwork (I believe only two have stepped forward since that was posted), then begin on getting stuff set up in Lackey.
>>
>>24770040
>>24769803
For the time being, the best thing the two of you could do is to collect every mock-up of every card made into a single file, including new mock-ups for any text-only cards you can find throughout the threads. It will make creating the Lackey card database much easier.
>>
>>24769870
Haven't been involved in the set, but I loved the ability.

Then again, last time I played Wigglytuff and Sneasel were the top threats.
>>
>>24770051
So which cards are missing now? Can someone update the Pastebin or make a list with Google Docs, Trello, TiddlyWiki or whatever?

And how do we handle the different card flavors? Some cards remember me of the Base set, others fit into the EX Series, we have some HeartGold & SoulSilver cards and even a few for the current XY Series.
>>
>>24770130
We have one of each Pokemon, but more are welcome. We're going to harmonize the cards once we get them into a simulator and can start seeing how they play. Then, when we get the cards where we want them in terms of power, we're going to remake them all with the same template.
>>
>>24769242
>including at least one of each Pokemon appearing in the set
What about Pokemon with forms? Like Rotom?
>>
>>24770149
Sounds nice. So there may be multiple different cards for some Pokémon at the end?
>>
>>24770166
Probably not, it's just good to have multiple versions of Pokemon for testing reasons, so we can choose the best one.
>>
>>24770158
Those count as different Pokemon for the same of the set. We just hit "one of each" last thread, so now we're starting to prepare for the testing phase. We're trying to figure out how many people willing to help us test there are while we get Lackey set up.

More card submissions are always welcome, though. There are a few Pokemon where the current submission is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>24769893
"opponet" has another N in it.
>>
Stop posting shit cards like Eeveelutions with 60 HP, or ...

>>24769553
Litleo (Flashfire 18) does 60 damage with only [F][F][C], does not need an evolution and has no recoil damage.
>>
>>24770249
It's a good thing Litleo (Flashfire 18) doesn't exist in our format.
>>
>>24770064
Oh, well, I dunno about that. I'm actually gonna be fairly busy over the next several days but I was assuming it would be for testing the already-compiled stuff via Lacky or whatever, which I could do.
>>
>>24770279
Yeah, no problem. We just need to get the images together before we can actually make the Lackey plugin. I can do it tomorrow if nobody else does.
>>
>>24770203
>We just hit "one of each" last thread
That's a shame.
>More card submissions are always welcome, though.
Eh, sure. I had an idea I used in a different card game that would work for one Pokemon. I haven't played in forever, so if it's worth salvaging, someone will have to play editor.

Also, is there really no Pokemon pack for MSE? That website was shit.
>>
File: Ditto_Deckromancer.jpg (258 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ditto_Deckromancer.jpg
258 KB, 857x1200
>>24770292
Done
>>
File: Klefki.jpg (102 KB, 560x791) Image search: [Google]
Klefki.jpg
102 KB, 560x791
I made another Klefki.
I hope, you like it.
>>
File: Klefki.jpg (104 KB, 563x789) Image search: [Google]
Klefki.jpg
104 KB, 563x789
>>24770529
little mistake
>>
>>24770416
>Library
Could people who don't actually play the TCG please stop fucking posting?
>>
>>24770639
Slipped back into Magic for a sec. Deck. Same thing.
>>
>>24770539
choose one ability please. Also the whole "you may attach more than one tool" implies you can attach infinite tools.
>>
>>24770838
Not OP but I think that was the point was to be able to attach infinite tools. It could do with 2 abilities but Guardian should just be "You may attach as many Pokemon Tool cards to Klefki as you want." Shouldn't have multiple effects.
>>
>>24770838
I feel like there was a card like that at some point, but it was shitty so nobody used it.
>>
>>24770539
How about: "If your active Pokemon is knocked out and has a tool attached, you may move it to Kelfki. At any time during your turn, you may choose 1 Pokemon Tool attached to Klefki and move it to another of your Pokemon"
>>
>>24769493
>>24769901

Maybe simplify the submissions process? Like, instead of making an entire card, just have people submit generalized ideas like "X Pokemon that can do double poison damage" or "Y Pokemon that gets more powerful when you have less prizes". People could then vote on which concept they would like to see implemented, then people with more knowledge of the game could fill in the numbers and balance it.

Also, where exactly is this project on the scale from Base set -> Modern? I know it doesn't plan to have EX or BREAKs or any of the more modern things, but how strong should the general power level be?
>>
File: Breloom_VP.jpg (246 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Breloom_VP.jpg
246 KB, 857x1200
Providing a different Breloom. Simple effect but I hope it's clear how it works with this >>24769275 Shroomish.
>>
>>24769275
The point is to tutor 1 Shroomish at a time. One of them will evolve into Breloom eventually with full Energy.
>>
>>24770975
>people with more knowledge of the game

Not a good idea.
>>
>>24770997
>people with more knowledge of the game
>not a good idea
choose one

seriously? do you think we should have inbred people making cards for play? you do realise how shit that would be yeah?
>>
File: EmolgaTCG.jpg (237 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
EmolgaTCG.jpg
237 KB, 857x1200
I'm not sure if anyone has made Emolga yet.
>>
>>24771055
Dunning-Kruger. People think they are good enough to lead when they aren't. I think I know how to design; maybe I really don't. I don't want to go through the political process of

>do you think we should have inbred people making cards for play?

Yes. And experts, and players who have never heard the phrase "card advantage", and Deviants with their palms over their ears. Filter the bad, fix the mediocre, take the good. We have different visions for this set and I don't want to design by committee.
>>
File: Emolga.jpg (271 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Emolga.jpg
271 KB, 857x1200
>>24771140
I made pic related a while back, but no one really said much about it. At any rate, 40 with a beneficial effect for [L][C] on a basic is a bit much. Making it 30 damage or changing energy cost to [L][C][C] or something could work.
>>
One thing we have to settle once and for all is the numbers. And so I present...

http://strawpoll.me/6181092
>>
>>24770975
>Also, where exactly is this project on the scale from Base set -> Modern? I know it doesn't plan to have EX or BREAKs or any of the more modern things, but how strong should the general power level be?
Most people say "base", but about 80% of the cards are closer to Neo without the coin flips or the stall.
>>
>>24771329
Real talk? Base had trash balancing. But then, we had to deal with bs like 4 Gust of Win 4 Energy Removal 4 ItemFinder
>>
>>24771161
I'm not saying that we need pro-players or something, but what we need is people who understand what makes a fair, fun and balanced card. Look at MtG for instance, R&D is filled with people who have had experience with the game and have been able to realise problems with the game and have taken steps to fix it. Everything is coherent and clear because a moderately sized group has come together to make a set while still taking in input. If you want to have it as an open forum, have fun with that, because I don't think 4chan is the right place to do something like that.

The anonymity of this place just doesn't work well. There's no real goal or purpose and only in this. Even this conversation is meaningless because we're not going to get anywhere with it.
>>
Alright, the best way to see whether the meta we created would be fun in the first place is to see what kind of decks we can build using the already made cards. Let's see...

Magnezone / Ho-oh
Umbreon / Smeargle
Aggron Solo deck (Supreme Energy for days)
Wishcash just sits there as your opponent beats themself for playing Dr. Mason
Scizor.dek

We really need energy acceleration someplaces... or pluspower. right now i'd love to see a card that goes w/ ninetales' attack (like the amoonguss/ninetales deck)
>>
>>24771537
Energy accel huh. Well which type benefits the most from energy accel out of what we have? Do we have an Electrode in set? Energy Bomb is the bomb.
>>
>>24771537
Don't forget Rotom (Mow) and Sylveon mill.
>>
>>24771537
>>24771552
no, but now that you mention it that would be a great card to add.
>>24771575

also, forgot to mention Feraligatr abusing Supreme Energy
-
right now, i think there are some ways to improve weaker strategies (such as ninetales, plusle/minun, arceus etc) and fix powerful ones

>give emolga free retreat so it can work with Magnezone better

>give ninetales a Pokemon that can inflict status (like Ariados, Victreebell, or Amoonguss)

>Give (M) a way to accelerate NRG so aggron gets played more(perhaps through Larion's attack? so you have a reason to play it)

>Make Purugly discard more

>Make Absol do more damage for 2nd attack (might make him playable in Umbreon / Smeargle... wear down opponent's hand with Smeargle, then discard non trainer cards with Absol.)

>Give Pluse/Minun and Weavile (with the change to doing "+40 if a supporter was played by ur opnt last turn) a good psychic type partner

>make wishcash not broken

>scrap celebi (i created a monster)

>Make Wigglytuff faster
>>
>>24771614
Also, last thing, im just trying to make it so every type has a playable strategy. Rn dragon, dark, and grass need some love.
>>
>>24771681
I meant psychic, not dark. Dark and smeargle are best friends, jus like in hgss-dex :^)
>>
>>24771681
I thought Dragons were supposed to bridge the gap between 2 Types.

Speaking of 2 Types, is the Arceus playable?
>>
File: Mandibuzz Mill VP.jpg (280 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Mandibuzz Mill VP.jpg
280 KB, 857x1200
Mill card, rewards you for doing as much damage as possible to a tanky target without killing it. Is it too winmore?
>>
>>24772122
t2 embargo would shatter the game worse than seismitoad does
>>
>>24772127
Why's that? You can still draw with Items and Supporters, Energize, arm your Tools, disarm your opponent.
>>
File: Tyrantrum VP.jpg (265 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Tyrantrum VP.jpg
265 KB, 857x1200
Changed Tyrantrum to make a win condition for Dragons.

>>24772216
You can't evolve, since you can't search out evolutions from the deck and the Basics tend to outnumber them. You have to topdeck everything.
>>
>>24772229
Then why not just extend the search lock until the end of your next turn? That way it still remains as a lock effect but keeps it from being too oppressive. Everyone's running 4 of their major cards anyway, it's not too hard to draw them and its not like Mandibuzz is a splashable card in anyway. Although, the combination of the attacks may be a little much, locking down their search and then milling them for a huge-ish amount probably isn't the best thing in the world.

Tyrantrum seems fine for the effort that it takes to get it out. Maybe drop the healing from the second attack though, that may end up being too bulky with that 120 damage that OHKOs nearly anything in this set.
>>
>>24772216
anything not yveltal archeops is pretty reliant on either search cards or draw accelerators (shaymin mostly) to dig for what they need. the only reliable way to play shaymin is through ultra ball, which is a 4-of staple in most decks, or hoopa, which is also a search card. other trainers that increase consistency also add from the deck (trainer's mail, acro bike), so what you basically get with this thing swinging t2/3 is a decrease in consistency for most decks.

to be honest i probably overstated the power of that attack since it's a stage 1 and all but if it was on an ex it would probably be worse than seismitoad

also i don't get the point of saying "until your next turn" and "neither player", since you (as the controller of this card) won't be adding anything to hand on your opponent's turn. it should basically read "your opponent cannot do whatever" instead
>>
>>24770903
It should say "... move it to another Pokémon which has no Pokémon Tool cards attached."
>>
For what it's worth, I just really want a better MSE template so I can design my own set and occasionally throw bad ideas at Victorious Powers. I think large-scale collaborative design like this just isn't a particularly good idea.
>>
>>24770249
The agrrement is that we balance around the base set and neo series.
>>
File: Magnezone.png (496 KB, 565x792) Image search: [Google]
Magnezone.png
496 KB, 565x792
>>24771614
>>Give (M) a way to accelerate NRG so aggron gets played more(perhaps through Larion's attack? so you have a reason to play it)

So, here it is.
>>
>>24769545
First attack should add the card to the opponent's hand, because even if you're wrong you still get an upside (knowing what card your opponent draws next turn) which kind of kills the risk/reward factor of the attack.
>>
>>24772592
Make this a Stage 1 Magneton and it would be fine.
>>
>>24772592
>70HP stage 2
ok this card is just bad. It doesnt even really accelerate. And no one will want to run it with Aggron.
>>
>>24772592
Looks similar to Magneton (Neo Revelation 10), but is more susceptible, because it heavily depends on its ability and it is pretty useless without its ability. At the first glance Magnezone looks OP, but the two retreat costs are its main drawback. I'd maybe reduce the HP to 60, if we want to make the set on the level of Base Set/Neo.
>>
>>24772812
This is a Base Pokémon, not a Stage 2.
>>
>>24772812
I think, that this card does accelerate, if you change Magnet Pull to searching your deck instead of your discard pile.
>>
>>24772814
Why would it be a basic? Just give the attacks to Aron and make it just for M types and itd be much much better
>>
>>24772812
Aggron is broken. It bet it will receive a heavy nerf while playtesting.
>>
>>24772850
Sounds nice. But then should we remove the ability and decrease Induction Current's power to 20-30.
>>
>>24772859
Aron is supposed to have a slow start, making it more difficult to play mono Aggron decks. Another support Pokémon, preferably a Basic Pokémon sounds fine to me. I like the idea, that Magnezone also has a niche usage in Lightning or mixed decks.
>>
>>24772869
How about we give it to Klefki? And make it work for 2 decks. It would still be Y, but the attack would be:
(C) Utili-Key
Search your deck for either a M energy or a Y energy and attach it to one of your benched M or Y Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
>>
>>24772884
On top of that, we should probably reducd aggron's second attack to 40+.
>>
>>24772884
This is a nice idea, but I prefer the Item card version.

>>24772888
I think, we could start with 50+ and adjust it later, if it is too strong.
>>
>>24772620

Considering the Pokemon TCG lacks any counterplay during an opponent's turn, knowing that card does nothing unless the opponent keeps that card in their hand when their turn ends.

The attack is based more around Growlithe's "Police Dog" nature in the anime, sniffing out illegal goods, getting rid of them when found and being rewarded for being successful (like any dog trick).

It wasn't intended to give the opponent any advantage, nor do I really want that out of the card, but perhaps more comments on it are needed.
>>
>>24772912

The problem imo with an item card version is that it gets an unfair advantage over all other types, for example, Dark Patch.

When its attack based, its limited to once per turn and uses up your attack where you aren't dealing damage. When its item based, it can be used multiple times per turn and you can still launch a big attack with all the amassed energy.

For a somewhat slower format which is what this set seems to be pushing for, I like the Attack version better.

If you're gonna have Item based Energy acceleration, better it be something generic like Ether.
>>
File: Tyrantrum Card.png (623 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Tyrantrum Card.png
623 KB, 474x659
>>24772229
Rebalanced Tyrantrum.
>>
>>24773193
The flavour text at the bottom doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>24773203
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tyrantrum_%28Furious_Fists_62%29

>implying I actually waste time creating flavour texts for test cards
>>
File: Arcanine Card.png (641 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Arcanine Card.png
641 KB, 474x659
>>24769553
Rebalanced Arcanine.
Maybe I should make Expeed tails to prevent effect as well, just like Agility.
>>
>>24773271
Didnt take the whole thing though. The sentence is not a complete sentence when you stop at the second comma.
>>
>>24770975
>turning the game into Sage general: TCG Edition
>>
File: Tyrantrum Card.png (622 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Tyrantrum Card.png
622 KB, 474x659
>>24773312
It would take the whole text box.
Here, fixed.
>>
>>24773022
With the Item card version I meant, that Klefki can search the deck for Item cards instead of Fairy and Metal Energy cards.
>>
>>24773340
Are you sure, anyone would use Dragon Impact? It takes much time to set this up and 40 recoil damage + 3 retreat cost is pretty hard.
>>
>>24773311

That's not rebalancing, that's completely changing the card I made to suit your ideals.

Extreme Speed is a 3 for 30 with a Potential 30 more if the opponent doesn't switch or gust away. The extra damage counters are not guaranteed and are ways around it.

Flare Blitz pierced effect as I didn't see one of those yet, with the 20 damage being a penalty to it, as Flare Blitz is in the actual game. If I wanted it to be vanilla, I would've mad it as such. Making it 70 doesn't make it any better as when 120 is usually the max HP in such old sets, it was a 2 turn KO at 60 damage for 4 energy. It doesn't need to be able to one shot 70 HP mons too.

If you're gonna make your own Arcanine, do that, but don't completely throw away the initial design of a card when you choose to "rebalance" a card you did not initially design.
>>
>>24773311
I dislike effects where you get different benefits whether you get head or tails. Tails always should give a worse effect than heads.

What about changing this attack to:

[F][C] 20
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.
>>
File: ArcanineBaseSet23.jpg (70 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
ArcanineBaseSet23.jpg
70 KB, 300x416
>>24773397

To add, its better to suggest number or energy tweaks to the creator, or suggest why the overall skill is broken to you in the format.

Also, this is Base Set Arcanine. He was quite the beast.
>>
File: Growlithe Card.png (644 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Growlithe Card.png
644 KB, 474x659
>>24769545
Adjusted Growlithe
>>
>>24773397
Don't get so worked up about editing, we are annoymous. You don't own things here.
>>
>>24773510
You're also free to edit and rebalance "my cards" to your liking.
>>
>>24773510
>>24773530

So what's the point of assisting in a project if your ideas are just gonna be undermined by someone else without any discussion as to why or how it can be made better without disrupting the original concept.

The two proposed changes became extremely vanilla and do nothing unique to other cards that deal damage do.

Just because a man may be fine with a woman sexually harassing him doesn't make the opposite acceptable.

When I post a card, I don't want someone to change it without discussion, I'd want to hear opinions and number/energy tweaks or why the concept doesn't work. You just kinda changed it with no words and you feel its now "balanced" implying it wasn't before, but with no response as to what made them both imbalanced.
>>
>>24773530
Collective Ownership is one of the major principles of agile methodology.
>>
>>24773572
Let us agree, that we accept all submissions, which are not obviously broken (like 60 damage for 1 Colorless energy on a Basic Pokémon or a Stage I Pokémon with 150 HP) and adjust them later during playtesting.
>>
>>24773572
How can you be so mad about changes made in "your card". You own nothing besides maybe the idea of the attack. Not even the names of attack are yours. You didn't made the Pokémon, you didn't make the artwork and you didn't made the template.
If you are going to be a fag about it, get a trip and ask the owner of the Artwork if you can use it in a project.
>>
File: 1431235579621.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431235579621.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>24773824

oooook? So when my ideas, which you agree that I might own, are changed without discussion, then I might have a right to get mad about it?

So the entirety of your post makes no sense except the "You own nothing besides maybe the idea of the attack", which is what i'm getting mad about in the first place, where my idea being changed to something completely different and considered "imbalanced" with no reasoning or suggestions to the creator as to why they should be changed, instead someone just does changes for me, thinking his are what should be done.

Nobody in this topic is asking for "New and Original Pokemon" or "Unique Templates", they're asking for "ideas for cards" which include the attacks and what they do, how much they cost, etc. As I read elsewhere, images are just placeholders. Its better than looking at a white space and can be changed whenever.
>>
File: Sudowoodo card.png (688 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Sudowoodo card.png
688 KB, 474x659
Sudowoodo.
Pretty much Neo + Aquapolis.
>>
>>24773984
Then you have nothing to complain.
Every move has been changed, Attack damage, attack effects and HP.
>>
>>24773984
Man, understand that.
I don't care who created the cards. You are anonymous here, if you want praise or dick sucking for your creation you should look somewhere else.

I'll keep editing and changing things to my liking, even if you don't like it. All those cards are going to be play tested and selected by everyone. Some may not even meet play testing at all.
>>
File: Nikki.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Nikki.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
There's supposed to be a grass symbol before pokemon but it's having some issues.

>>24770292
>Also, is there really no Pokemon pack for MSE?
I'm currently making one. Everyone who's ever attempted at making one has given up. Pokemon is a lot more complex than magic in terms of card design. So most of the templaters(?) stop after awhile.

>>24772444
>better
o-okay. I'm no where near 100% complete. That will take much longer. But not even the best MSE templater was able to make a Pokemon template, so such a project isn't done quickly. Though, if I had more time I could probably get it done quicker.

And for the time being, I am making my own set. But there's not much of a point if no one will play with you.
>>
>>24774220
Are those [G] Pokémon and basic energy cards?
>>
>>24774052

If I wanted praise or dick sucking, I would've put a name to the cards in the first place.

If you read what I said at all, you'd find out I want discussion about the card, why you'd feel the need to change it in the first place, why its found to be "unbalanced" by you and rather than completely change everything so its nothing like the original, suggest things to the creator and let them change it.

If everyone's just gonna start changing everyone else's ideas to suit their own, before even any sort of testing has started to determine that, why even ask for ideas or hope for opinions? Better to just let one person make all the cards, and design his own meta.

Its people like you that kill any desire to help with the project.
>>
>>24774220
i'm planning to design a template for the set.
but we should make a pool on what kind of Style we want.
>>
>>24774265
If had said nothing and used one of the hundreds Arcanine artworks around you wouldn't be that steeming mad.
Sorry for hurting your feelings, want a hug?
>>
File: ss (2015-12-05 at 02.29.33).jpg (197 KB, 811x659) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-05 at 02.29.33).jpg
197 KB, 811x659
>>24774264
Yeah. I asked the admins of MSE to see if there's a way around it.

>>24774271
Like, a MSE/PS template? Or just a new card blank? Back when the idea of this set began, we wanted modern style. Adding new styles to my template won't be hard though. Since the groundwork will have already been done it'll be a lot easier to add new styles.
>>
>>24774315
Okay I'll try to develop something.
Will post them later.
>>
>>24773991
>if
I think there's a typo there
>>
>>24774301

Except, you didn't make your own Arcanine, you only "rebalanced" the one I made, which also implies there was something wrong with it, but apparently wasn't worth discussing, you just change it yourself instead.. You can twist it however you want

The one think you did well was put a background to the Growlithe. Again, the pictures are just placeholders. I rather like the still pictures on random backgrounds since its rather classic.

Unless you plan on offering a hug, or know someone who is, there's no point asking if I want one, but I'm not one to refuse a hug.if you need one.
>>
>>24774363
Dude, pretty much every single card is going to be reworked to some extent during testing. Since we have no idea who made what, consulting the original creator about it is impossible. If you don't like his changes to the Arcanine, then just request that they both be tested as different Arcanine.
>>
>>24774348
If you're making a MSE style let me know and I can help you out and shit. You would need my files anyways, but I'm pushing to release an update tonight.
>>
File: hitmontop.png (637 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
hitmontop.png
637 KB, 474x659
Hitmontop

>>24773991
Acknowledged, will repost fix later.
>>
>>24774503
Forgive my ignorance, MSE?
And yes, I would like your files.
>>
File: Sudowoodo card.png (686 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Sudowoodo card.png
686 KB, 474x659
>>24774362
There you go.
>>
File: Togetic VP.jpg (213 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Togetic VP.jpg
213 KB, 857x1200
Full support Togetic. The second attack would be called Healing Wish except it doesn't learn that.
>>
>>24774466

Whatever happens to it after it gets tested is fine. Don't change it before then because you don't like it. Make a suggestion as to why someone feels it needs to be changed or edited.

The original post with the edit literally only said "Rebalanced Arcanine". If I had said nothing, my original probably would've been ignored over the later ones as one would just assume it was an edit I made to my own card suggestion.

If it was only number tweaks, it probably wouldn't have been so bad, but three of the attacks were completely different from their original design.
>>
File: Togekiss VP.jpg (216 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Togekiss VP.jpg
216 KB, 857x1200
>>24774587
...and the Togekiss, with a supportive spam attack and a "last Prize" attack.
>>
>>24774604
Seems like overkill. Maybe something like "If the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out by this move, Togekiss is Knocked Out" or "Discard your hand" and drop the damage to 80.
>>
>>24774587

Bliss Feather seems like an easy way to heal far too much damage by sacrificing a Prize Card. Its a Max Heal for all your Benched Pokemon that lets them keep their energy for the cost of a Prize.
>>
I've got every card saved and am in the (long) process of sorting them. 269 images, including people who kept making small changes to their cards (which I need to trim down).

Still need someone to make mock-ups of the text-only cards.
>>
>>24774634
I will do those on Imgur, do you have more of them with you?
If you do please post them.
>>
>>24774604

Something about the name "Beautiful Silence" dealing 150 damage and discarding one's deck that seems odd together. High Damage for Milling seems like a Dragon thing, but despite that...

Maybe consider the name "Coup de Grâce" for that attack, being a merciful strike to end one's suffering (and in this case finish the game as you wouldn't use this unless it was for your final prize card).
>>
File: Sudowoodo cardv2.png (681 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Sudowoodo cardv2.png
681 KB, 474x659
Sudo from a text card on Imgur.
>>
>>24774722

I think its neat. I don't think you need to say 40- though, just 40 should be fine.
>>
>>24774675
What about naming it "Last Resort" since it's a move Togekiss can know? (with different mechanics obviously but that's besides the point)
>>
>>24774584
I would turn Mimic into an attack, like Clefable/Clefairy from Jungle.
>>
File: Absol Card.png (639 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Absol Card.png
639 KB, 474x659
Here it is the Absol from imgur, never to be runned in a Meta with float stone.

>>24774794
Yeah, i just copypasted from Imgur, that - is really unecessary, will fix.
>>
File: Sudowoodo cardv2 fixed.png (677 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Sudowoodo cardv2 fixed.png
677 KB, 474x659
>>24774794
There you go.
>>
I've got 181 Pokemon cards in the current folder, not counting a few that were posted since I started. Counting the text-only cards, it looks like we'll have around 200 to test.

This is without counting Trainer cards.
>>
>>24774805

Last Resort sounds fine.

Many cards in the TCG that use in game attacks generally work the same on every card they're on, like Psychic doing more damage based on the number of energy the Defending Pokemon has.

The only "Last Resort" attack on a card I can think of was a "Flip a coin, if tails, this attack does nothing" on an Aipom, which I guess could work too.

Either way, name it what you think fits best. If Beautiful Silence is what you're into, go for it!
>>
File: substitute.png (530 KB, 564x791) Image search: [Google]
substitute.png
530 KB, 564x791
Please let it happen ...
>>
>>24774604

I'm surprised nobody has commented on how disgustingly strong Sacred Wing is. CC for a solid 40 damage and to infinitely toolbox my supporters for free. Even though it's a Stage 2 mon, I would consider splashing this into any deck.
>>
>>24774846
If we have Float Stone, then we will also need Startling Megaphone.
>>
>>24774998
Reminds me of stuffy doll in a way
>>
>>24774846
>>24774870

I like that non-evolving basics are more for support/techs than for raw damage which better fits the evolutions. Even some evolving basics seem like they could be used without their evolutions since they provide something that could be useful to certain decks.
>>
>>24775008
We should change it to Item cards and lower the damage to 20.
>>
File: Rotom Fan.png (594 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Rotom Fan.png
594 KB, 474x659
>>24775020
Sudowoodo fits late game stalling while Absol provides some support for Dark Mill Decks, i still belive Glare is disgusting and should have a coin flip instead.

Here's another former Text Card from Imgur.
>>
>>24774998

I think the ability is a bit much, but that might be just me. I always like Substitute Dolls as a means of stall, but when a Pokemon is defeated, deciding whether you should throw in the substitute first or bank on what you draw being what you need for your other pokemon to be useful, is part of the way Substitute Doll is played. Giving that ability makes it safe to just throw in the Pokemon into the active then switch it out.

>>24775008
It might be because its a Stage 2, and also from what I saw of Togekiss (and not expecting much from Togepi, I haven't seen it) it doesn't really deal any damage until it becomes a Togekiss.

I suppose you could be right though, 40 damage is at least 3 energy, and with such a good effect, is probably worth YYY.
>>
>>24775077
>nay
>>
>>24774569
Oh. I guess we're not on the same page then. MSE is Magic Set Editor.
>>
File: Rotom Fan.png (594 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
Rotom Fan.png
594 KB, 474x659
>>24775083
Do you know that the guy that keeps track of all the cards hates you deeply?
>>
>>24775077
In the best case, Teamwork does 60 HP damage, this is very, very poor.
>>
>>24775103
I'm doing it on the Photoshop.
It's easier for me. i can create templates for that editor afterwards;
>>
>>24775105
The best part will be remaking all of the cards once MSE anon is done.
>>
>>24775111
Oh, man you should ask the creator from the original text card 3 threads ago for permission to edit it :^)
>>
>>24775082

*also from what I saw of Togetic

>>24775077

Because Glare does damage, you can't really lock without eventually killing the target, giving the opponent the chance to revenge kill with whatever they bring in.

Either way, Every deck would probably run Switch, which I assume this set would at least use the trainers that they've kept around throughout every (or most) series' "base set" run: (Potion, Pokeball, some Professor, Switch, Energy Search, Full Heal, Plus Power, Defender, etc)

I guess this is what testing is for, right? Does it need a flip, should it deal damage at all, should it get 2 retreat cost instead of 1? etc.
>>
>>24775147
>Glare
You could also use Substitute Doll to make Glare useless.
>>
>>24775147
Well, some decks can opt to not run Switch, it shoudn't be a mandatory card. Also, some cards abilities already provide retreat aid, making Glare lock possible even without Float Stone. Maybe making the retreat cost [C][C] would help as you said.
>>
File: 1062221.jpg (242 KB, 321x450) Image search: [Google]
1062221.jpg
242 KB, 321x450
>>24774998
That is pretty much Robo Substitute isn't it?
>>
>>24775202

Whether you would opt to run switch or not depends on the cards available and what the "meta" ends up being. If "Glare Lock" was a common thing and really good, then Switch/Status Cure or Paralysis immunity would be something to look for in your Deck.

>>24775170
To be honest, I never liked Keldeo's Rush/Float Stone nonsense. It trivialized status ailments to the point where they weren't even a mechanic in the game, and could be used in every deck.
>>
>>24775223

Robo Substitute, Clefairy Doll, pretty much all Fossil cards, etc.

Its been many things in the TCG, only his has a "Rush In" style ability, which I feel is too strong.
>>
>>24775233
I know players can adapt to it.
The problem is that until then, many players will get Glare locked, and it's retarded,
To knock out an average basic with Glare you need 6-7 turns, It's like everyone playing le 100 turns face Gothitelle.
>>
>>24775249
Yeah, you also can leave it in bench so you can use switch while item locked.
>>
>>24775276

I suppose you do have a point.
>>
>>24775113
Nvm then. Continue with what you're doing then. We're doing two separate things. I'm working with MSE.
>>
>>24775372
Is somehow easier to edit cards on MSE?
I could create a template just for it.
>>
>>24775497
That's subjective. I didn't bother with a photoshop template because not everyone has photoshop. MSE is basic and to the point and doesn't require anything from the user. It could be better, and sometimes I'm half tempted to just make a separate program, but that would require more work than it's worth. I would sooner make a tcg sim than a standalone program.
>>
>>24775587
Well I can Photoshop pretty fast, but I don't have a clue how to program a template. Do you guys have any tutorial?
>>
Ok i got a tool idea but its gonna have some lengthy ass text:

CHOICE BAND
You can only Attach choice band to your active pokemon that has no energy attached to it (if this card is attached to anything but your active pokemon, discard it.) Choose 1 of your active pokemon's attacks. It can only use that attack. You cant attach special energy to the pokemon this card is attached to, and The pokemon this card is attached to has no abilities and can't retreat.The pokemon this card is attached to does 40 more damage to the defending pokemon. If the pokemon this card is attached to doesn't attack at the end of your turn, discard this card.
>>
>>24776112
Oops, first part is suppose to be "has no special energy attached to it"...

Thinking about it, it should just be 20 damage boost... considering the formatm
>>
>>24774846
His retreat should be 2, to prevent:
>attach
>glare
>attach to bench
>retreat
>Glare
>>
>>24776050
A photoshop template? There's a lot of tutorials online.
>>
File: Togekiss VP.jpg (218 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Togekiss VP.jpg
218 KB, 857x1200
>>24774627
This is deliberate. If you allow Togetic to set up an Evolution, and it gets enough Energy, he will effectively double its HP.

>>24775024
>>24775082

Acknowledged. Team Flare Wing has been nerfed.

>>24774675
"Beautiful Silence" is from a quote about the world after Armageddon.
>>
>>24776153
Photoshop template is pretty easy, my troubles are with MSE. I've found some but I really don't know shit about programming, if I provide you with the images can you do it?
>>
>>24776112
Choice Band does not work in the TCG because
A) few Pokemon need to use more than 1 attack
B) there's rarely a way to absorb damage by Type advantage
C) DEF and SP. DEF don't exist.

An equivalent restriction would be "When his card is attached, choose 1 of this Pokemon's attacks. As long as it is Active, during your turn, you cannot use any cards, activate any Abilities or Retreat."
Now you're setup fodder.
>>
>>24776287
>C) DEF and SP. DEF don't exist.
That didn't stop Muscle Band at all.
>>
File: Showderp.png (690 KB, 756x1050) Image search: [Google]
Showderp.png
690 KB, 756x1050
>>24776140
I was thinking about something along those lines when I made this card.
But Choice Specs should make Weedle deathweight in the process.
>>
File: ss (2015-12-05 at 08.59.47).jpg (359 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-05 at 08.59.47).jpg
359 KB, 1366x768
>>24774569
oh. I'm already working on one. Is there a particular style you want?
>>
>>24776575
Whoops, quoted the wrong post. >>24776232
>>
>Spend an hour organizing all of the cards so they'll be ready when I start the Lackey plugin
>Request someone searches though old threads to find text summaries and make mock-ups out of them
>someone makes 3 then stops
Really guys? This is almost as bad as when only three people volunteered to test.
>>
>>24776791
>makes only 3
I (annonymous) 've passed the day making cards. Anyway, there are maybe 2 left on Imgur, and they are shit.
Can't you just post some of the text cards that you have there? I (annonymous) promise that will make mock ups for most of them.
>>
>>24776575
Mosty, I hate the flavor text box, because it's very small and unreadable, specially you can't grab them a give them a closer look.
Also if we can make things like weight actually readable, we could use mechanics like that Breeze Stadium someone posted.
>>
>>24774600
Just want to add that you're being a real fag about this.

If I added in a basic stage 1 pokemon with an overpowered ablility, would I have reason to get pissed if it was balanced to suit the game? No. I wouldn't. Balancing is an integral part to this. If you can tell something is overpowered already, you balance it. Playtesting is only supposed to show what we didn't know wouldn't work.

That's the best way to go about it. It saves time if we balance things now, if they're going to be a problem later.
>>
>>24777217
Please don't use flavor-based mechanics. They behave in unintuitive ways for mons near the boundary of effect.
>>
>>24777217
There have only been two cards in the history of the TCG that use flavor-based mechanics. Both have since been banned from Unlimited and quietly buried as a weird experiment.
>>
>>24775249
What about changing Substitute Doll's ability to: "When you attach an Energy card to Subtitute doll ..."? This would weaken it a lot, since you cannot use this Energy card on another Pokémon this turn. And we should lower its HP to 10, then it is just a delayed alternative to Switch.
>>
Is someone making mock-ups of the text submissions in previous threads?

I want to see my Druddigon and Absol entries in card form, but I can't do it myself because fried computer
>>
>>24776215
Drop the part "and use it as the effect of this effect" and it will be ok.
>>
>>24776575
I'd change it to Rotom-EX and add "As long Rotom-EX is your Active Pokémon" to its ability.
>>
>>24777333
Do you man Blaine's Quiz #1 and #3?
>>
File: smeargle.png (588 KB, 565x786) Image search: [Google]
smeargle.png
588 KB, 565x786
I made a Smeargle card. What do you think?
>>
>>24778189
>3 different energy cards
>50 only
>>
>>24778191
You can attach more than 1 energy card per turn due to Smeargle's ability.
>>
>>24777287

Except you do not know that its "overpowered" yet, compared to all the other cards made so far. I've responded to many cards in these threads as to why a particular attack seems off, but I've never made the changes for them. If they don't make the changes and they don't test well, then sure, change them.

Even after all this back and forth, you've not once mentioned why you thought it was overpowered in the first place and why it needed changing. You also never mentioned why number or energy cost tweaking could not help balance it when you instead chose to change the effects altogether from their original design.
>>
>>24777854

Then I think that turns all Energy Cards into a possible "Switch" card for the most part that bypass item lock strategies.

Rush In on Keldeo was an overpowered ability that trivialized both Retreat Costs and Status Ailments. I think maybe more people might want to chime in on their thoughts, but I think its too much for the substitute (or any Basic Pokemon). Maybe on a Stage 2.
>>
>>24778214
Substitute Doll cannot retreat, so it works fine imo.
>>
>>24778189

Provided you have an Energy Card in your Discard Pile, you could easily discard an Energy Card from your hand and then attach that same energy card, so I'm not sure on this ability as is.

As for the attack, it seems over complicated to have such a scale rather than just use a standard 20x or something.

Maybe remove the damage number and use this as the description: 'This attack does 10 damage times the number of different types of Basic Energy attached to Smeargle to the Defending Pokemon. If Smeargle has 4 or more different Basic Energy attached, this attack does 20 damage times the number of different types of Basic Energy attached to Smeargle instead.

That would produce numbers of 10, 20, 30, 80, 100, 120, which is close to your numbers. I think the scaling is pretty good as 3 for 30 is common in the old formats, but letting it set up to 4 energy would mean some heavy damage.
>>
>>24778217

It not being able to retreat has nothing to do with it. Its a Full Heal, its a Switch, its a Body to tank a hit without losing a prize. It does a lot of things on its own and replaces a few cards where you could just run Substitutes. Its too good with Rush In.
>>
>>24778230
>Provided you have an Energy Card in your Discard Pile, you could easily discard an Energy Card from your hand and then attach that same energy card, so I'm not sure on this ability as is.

This is intended. Even if you have no cards on your discard pile, you may discard an energy card and attach the same card. The ability just gives you the possibility to use another card from your hand, if the suitable Energy card is on your discard pile instead of your hand. This works pretty well with supporters like Juniper/Sycamore.

My formula was f(x) = 10(f(ceil(x/2))+f(floor(x/2))+n-1)
Your formula is f(x) = 10(if(x>1;x;2x))

I think, both are fine.
>>
>>24778304
>f(x) = 10(if(x>1;x;2x))
I meant 10(if(x>4;x;2x))
>>
>>24778308
10(if(x>3;2x;x))
>>
>>24778230
Yes, the x10 or x20 if more than 3 different Energy is better
>>
>>24778304

But don't you think a potential 80 on the 2nd turn on a Basic is a lot for the old format?
>>
>>24778355
You first need to have 4 different Base Energy cards, which is very unlikely. Then Smeargle can be easily Knocked Out in turn 3.
>>
>>24778375
>10, 20, 30, 80, 100, 120
What about
10, 20, 30, 50, 80, 130 (Fibonacci row)?
This would be slightly weaker.
>>
>>24778304

I know my formula was different. Its just easier to write out in a sentence on a card that resembles the standard lore, than to use the "use n to mean this and follow the chart". If I knew how to write yours in words, I would've done so.
>>
>>24778375

Well, let's see, there would probably be Energy Search probably as well as a Juniper/Sycamore like effect, and at least 2 of each energy.

You manage to get two different energy on the first turn from your initial hand, with your Juniper and/or Energy Search, then do the same thing on the second turn. Its not that impossible to pull off, since you can use the Hand or Discard pile to get your energy, Juniper fuels the fire, and the ability can use both Hand or Discard for its energy.

Now we have 80 damage on turn 2. Basics do not have 80 HP unless you're a Chansey or Kangaskhan. Many evolving Stage 1s that might barely make 80 HP but wont have the Energy/Acceleration pay for their 3 Energy Attacks, most of which are dealing 30-40 damage and are dead just as easily. Most 1 Energy attacks are 10, and very rarely 20 in the old days, so Smeargle is probably defeat 2-3 Pokemon on its own, even with 50 HP, where the next Smeargle is already setting up on the bench.
>>
>>24778391

What I'm saying is that in a dedicated deck, Smeargle is strong and fast, will always have Energy since it pulls from the Discard, and is easily replaced when the first one dies, assuming it didn't sweep when most other cards can't keep up.
>>
>>24778399
That smeargle is pretty stupid. Even the item "Portrait" discarding one is more balanced/better.
>>
>>24778423
Also, why dont you just make smeargle do 10+ 10 more for each energy like a normal human being would/a child would know how to read
>>
File: voltorb_flip.png (512 KB, 564x791) Image search: [Google]
voltorb_flip.png
512 KB, 564x791
Hi there, I have been lurking this thread for some days. I created a trainer card and want to ask you for some feedback.
>>
>>24778189
Also, it makes magnezone too strong/reliable... 3 of these guys on the bench and you can do 120 every turn (if you do 3 smeargle + supreme energy)
>>
>>24778425
This would be fine. Maybe we alter the effect of Change of Scene, that you can only grap Basic energy cards, which are not already on Smeargly.
>>
>>24778426
I love it. Much more than Computer Search.
>>
Has anyone already created a list of cards which've been done or are still missing? When will we start testing?
>>
>>24778426
Do you instantly lose if the card is prized/ you don't remember your deck perfectly?
>>
>>24778426
Like >>24778738
Said, this could make you deck out.
Make it "Reveal the top 7 cards of your deck".
>>
>>24778754
>>24778738

I'm pretty sure other similar cards in other card games would have it that if it couldn't find the card, the revealed cards are just shuffled and placed back as the deck.
>>
>>24778426
This is a universal searcher in Item form. This card is way too fast. The drawback might not be a drawback at all in certain decks.
>>
Alright im gonna type up some skeletons for some decks that might be good..m here we go.

No Hands.dek
×4 eevee
x3 Umbreon
x4 Smeargle
x3 Absol
x2 Sudowoodo

X4 super scoop up
X3 switch
X4 dual ball
X2 ultra ball
X2 poffin case
X2 explorer kit
X4 crushing hammer
X4 mason
X3 donald
X4gary oak
X2 voltorb flip
>>
How much longer will card ideas be accepted? Or is it pretty much too late to contribute at this point in time?
>>
>>24779231
Not too late. You can make different versions of pokemon, and at the end we'll add the best/most fun copy. Also we still need original items and stuff
>>
File: PL1_EN_10.png (176 KB, 246x342) Image search: [Google]
PL1_EN_10.png
176 KB, 246x342
>>24777217
Well, that would require a whole new style of card. DPPt is the closest I can think of to what you're asking. But the extra text on a card is just there for design.

>>24777873
That Rotom is for my own personal set. The Rotom that was decided for the VP Base Set is going to be [P]. Plus, there are no EXs in VP Base Set.

>>24777859
If you can post them again or tell me where they're at I'll put them in card form.
>>
>>24779380

Absol (basic) 60hp
Dark type

*Ability* - super luck
Once per turn, during either player's turn, and whilst Absol is your active pokemon, you may re-flip one coin if an attack, card effect or ability would require a coin flip.

(2xDark) Night Slash - 40
Flip two coins. If both coins are heads, remove one energy card from the defending pokemon.

Weakness: (fight)
Resist: (psychic-20)
Retreat: (2xcolourless)

Druddigon (basic) 70hp
Dragon type

*ability* Rough Skin
If this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, and takes damage from a Pokémon belonging to your opponent, and is not knocked out, place one damage counter on that Pokémon.

(Dragon) Bite 20

(2xDragon, colourless) Sheer Force 30+
You may discard one dragon energy from this Pokémon. If you do, deal 20 more damage to the defending Pokémon.

Weakness: (Fairy)
Resist: None
Retreat: (2x colourless)

They're probably awful, but I don't recall seeing many submissions for Absol or Druddigon
>>
>>24779410
There is no Dragon energy. Dragon Pokémon usually use two different types of energy.
>>
According to the official rulebook, the types have the following characteristics:

Grass: healing, poison
Fire: strong attacks which require setup, burn
Water: energy distribution
Lightning: energy recycling, paralysis
Psychic: sleep, confusion, poison
Fighting: strong, but risky attacks
Darkness: milling
Metal: bulk
Fairy: lowering opponent's attack effectiveness
Dragon: strong attacks, two different energy types
Colorless: high variety, fit in all decks

We should keep that in mind.
>>
>>24778734
We'll start beta testing whenever the Lackey plug-in gets made. The Lackey plug-in being made hinges on someone going through all of the old threads, finding the text-only cards, and making mockups of them. That's pretty much the only thing holding us up right now.
>>
>>24779410
>>24779451

My bad. Change bite to single colourless and sheer force to 1 water and 1 fire, discarding any energy for extra damage.
>>
>>24779602
Change Bite's damage to 10 and Druddigon's HP to 60 and it'll be okay.
>>
>>24779410
50 damage for a Basic is strong, plus the ability its actually 60 damage. That Druddigon can OHKO most Basic Pokémon from the Base set. Make Bite = 10 and Sheer Force = 20+20.
>>
>>24779682
>>24779704

Edited:

Druddigon (basic) 60hp
Dragon type

*ability* Rough Skin
If this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, and takes damage from a Pokémon belonging to your opponent, and is not knocked out, place one damage counter on that Pokémon.

(Colourless) Bite 10

(Water, Fire) Sheer Force 20+
You may discard one energy from this Pokémon. If you do, deal 20 more damage to the defending Pokémon.

Weakness: (Fairy)
Resist: None
Retreat: (2x colourless)

This better? Also, thoughts on my absol?
>>
>>24779531
Fire takes a long time to "build up again". Usually energy waste.

Water has push an U-turn effects

Darkness is discard, not mill. The fact that Mandibuzz mills is incidental.

Most of these are just because Pokemon of certain types have similar movepools. If Sigilyph were printed as Colorless it wouldn't be supporting with Colorless moves.
>>
File: spooky_lights.png (1 MB, 1422x659) Image search: [Google]
spooky_lights.png
1 MB, 1422x659
Here's some Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure cards I'd made that I'd like to submit as a concept/alternative. I'm afraid Hex might be too powerful without the damage modifier, but at least being shitty at balancing isn't the worst thing in the world.

Also in regards to "Soul Trap", I mean it as in "can't retreat under normal means" (i.e. Gust of Wind and other similar Trainer cards) but don't really know how to explain that in the attack effect without getting overly convoluted.
>>
>>24780030
>Most of these are just because Pokemon of certain types have similar movepools. If Sigilyph were printed as Colorless it wouldn't be supporting with Colorless moves.

The meta Sigilyph card has Safeguard, which is Normal-type. Sigilyph doesn't even learn Safeguard leveling up.
>>
>>24780051
These Energy costs are arbitrary and silly.

Litwick's Enticing Flame can cost P instead of PP since it doesn't achieve anything.

Haunting Lullaby can cost P. It has a 50% chance to disable the target's next attack and a 1 in 4 chance (two coin flips) to boost Hex to 60 damage.
Hex should probably scale higher on Special Conditions.

Soul Trap is worded correctly, and very overcosted. 2 Energy would be appropriate.

Do I have to explain why Grudge is broken?
>>
>>24779531
For the sake of the current use of these types

Fire hasn't had a halfway decent burn card since like, Plasma. It's all about blazing out now. Overheat is the mechanic basically. Discard energies for big damage.

Water sucks at energy anything (it's the only type left without a special energy) but is great at splash damage, control, and paralysis (because that's how freeze works in this format)

Psychic manipulates and deals direct damage a lot. Moving damage, placing damage directly, and stuff like that are all common.

Fighting's only risks are in stong attacks with maybe actual costs sometimes to see if you can even get the attack off, but generic fighting attacks don't really have much risks.

Darkness is mostly bullshit trickery actually. Even with Yveltal mimicing MtG's dark=hard aggro, it's trick is hitting your opponent for their own energies. Sableye recycles one-use tools like Crushing Hammer to use them again. Milling is part of that disruption. Using opponents attacks in Foul Play is part of that. Hitting for opponent's number of benched Pokemon is part of that.

Metal's bulk also relies on damage reduction, not taking damage from certain attackers, and outright stopping attacks from certain attackers.
>>
File: Hitmonchan VP V2.jpg (243 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hitmonchan VP V2.jpg
243 KB, 857x1200
Nerfed Hitmonchan. Now blocks jabs instead of mitigating damage.

>>24779821
>Also, thoughts on my absol?
"You can't use more than 1 Super Luck Ability each turn."
>>
>>24780177

It's already once per turn, and only while Absol is the active pokemon.

Unless you're reading it as 'absol is the active pokemon, now the absols on my bench can use it too'?

If that's the case, I will edit it to avoid loopholes.
>>
>>24780177
That feels even worse considering how low this set's damage values are.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.