[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orange Islands + Johto worth rewatching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 11514130.jpg (81 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
11514130.jpg
81 KB, 480x480
Orange Islands + Johto worth rewatching?
>>
>>24767136
nah, most boring time in the anime ever
>>
>>24767143
Orange Islands specifically or Johto as well?
>>
>>24767154
Orange islands is okay. Johto is the biggest filler hell ever in the anime. Just watch DP or XY instead.
>>
The current anime is exactly the same as the first season, down to the plots of episodes. Wether or not you should watch a particular season depends on what Gen's Pokemon you like, which Girl you prefer and if you are completely braindead.
>>
Watch it and see what happens.
>>
>>24767136
Orange Islands was great in my nostalgia-goggled childhood, haven't rewatched it since but Ash actually WINS for once.

I liked Johto too because Ash kept all his Pokémon instead of dumping them all like every subsequent region, and we finally got to see Ash v. Gary. I again haven't rewatched it as an adult though.
>>
>>24767186
>we finally got to see Ash v. Gary

Didn't this shit happen in season 1 too?
>>
>>24767192
Well in Johto it was the battle where Gary got beat hard enough to give up as a trainer.
>>
>>24767198
Damn son. I might actually have to rewatch now.
>>
orange islands was a bit creative, filler episodes for anime have the possibility of being more interesting than the original story.

I'm already considerably god damned fuck tired of the current anime.
>>
>>24767231
Can we blame you? It's 700 episodes of the same formula.
>>
>>24767192
Just a battle between Eevee and Pikachu. Johto had the full 6 vs 6 battle.
>>
I hated how at one point his team was pretty much all starters.
>>
>>24767231
I agree Orange Islands was creative, but I hate how the gyms went against everything gyms were supposed to stand for.

While using a variety of Pokemon is a fair idea, people shouldn't be forced to do that, but some of the Orange Islands gyms seemed to have competitions that required certain types of Pokemon or Pokemon with certain moves. That feels unnecessarily restrictive compared to the normal gyms where, even if you have a type disadvantage, you could still pull out a victory.
>>
>>24767265
>700
lol
it's actually 900+ now
>>
File: A vague sense of unease.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
A vague sense of unease.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
>>24767339
Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 7495.jpg (71 KB, 360x403) Image search: [Google]
7495.jpg
71 KB, 360x403
>>24767342
>people acting like Ash will win the league and/or have a permanent romantic relationship instead of returning to status quo as always
>>
Orange Islands is great actually. Ash's Pokemon get good screentime and Misty is still entertaining.

Johto is when the filler hell starts, but if you skip the worse episodes and focus on the better episodes, there are some really good eps in Johto from time to time.
>>
>>24767524
The anime should've ended off after the Kanto
dragging it on this long was a mistake
It was best back then because everything was fresh and new since it was the first anime based on pokemon, by now it's just like the games, unoriginal junk
>>
>>24767569
I still enjoy the games, like I found Unova good even if others didn't, really I like at least one game set in every region except Kalos (and Z isn't out or even officially announced yet so there's time).
>>
>>24767569
The anime could've continued, just with a different set of characters each arc.

I'm more inclined to believe that every new hero just so happened to get their ass beat in the final round than an experienced trainer of ten years somehow manages to lose every time.

Alternatively they could get around the issue of Ash becoming the Pokemon Master by having Ash win a different title after winning the Pokemon League.

>"Congratulations Ash. You are now Pokemon Duke!"
>"Duke? But I wanna be the Master!"
>"Sorry kid you're a Duke here now."
>And so Ash's journey continues...!
>>
Orange Islands is the fun kind of filler, Johto is the worst kind. Johto makes Black and White fun
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (28 KB, 400x562) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.jpg
28 KB, 400x562
>>24767288
He trades in Heracross for Thoras for one episode then returns Thoras but neevergets Heracross back. I love Bulba but he really overstayed his welcome and only Chicka evolves...Once. Shit party
>>
What happened to Ashnime General? >>24764676

Stay there and stop shitting the board. It exists for a reason.
>>
>there are people who hate the johto anime
I wonder what its like to have shit taste
>>
Orange was pretty GOAT for the faps.
>>
>>24767688
Since when is winning Pokemon league make you a Pokemon master?
You gotta catch em all.
And he fills like 20 pokedex slots every region.
He will never be a master
>>
>>24769804
>You gotta catch em all.
>implying anyone can ever catch em all when some Pokemon are event distribution only
That's the American slogan.
>>
>>24768001
We should make a Games General so we can limit all game discussion to one thread.

That's how you sound. Ashnime General keeps in the shit like new episode information, you can still discuss the ashnime outside of it.
>>
>>24767327
>that first gym
>Gym leader takes Ash to the "battlefield", opens the pool, then spends 5 minutes having her Seadra show its marksmanship with Water Gun
>first then does she say they're going to have a Water Gun target shooting contest
She would've felt pretty fucking dumb if he hadn't had a Pokemon that knew Water Gun, and you'd assume trainers that don't have one occasionally come by her gym too
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.