[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infernape is proof that Fire-type fags are willing to eat any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: infernape-pokemon-hd-wallpaper-5.jpg (126 KB, 1600x1164) Image search: [Google]
infernape-pokemon-hd-wallpaper-5.jpg
126 KB, 1600x1164
>the most popular Sinnoh starter
>when it's just another Fire/Fighting type
>when Torterra and Empoleon have superior designs and concepts
>when it's just a lame monkey with fire coming out of its head for no practical reason (at least Delphox's Pokedex entries explain why it has a stick)
>INFERNAPE IS SO COOL BECAUSE IT'S A FIRE-TYPE AND IT LOOKS LIKE GOKU
>>
What makes you think Infernape is the most popular fire-type starter?
>>
>>24594100
I said it's the most popular Sinnoh starter.
>>
>>24594108
My mistake !

What makes you think Infernape is the most popular Sinnoh starter?
>>
Agree.
>>
>>24594110
If you look at online polls and forums, it's always the most popular of the Sinnoh starters, plus it got better treatment in the anime than Torterra.
>>
We get it. No one liked your other thread.
>>24593728
>>
Infernape is based on Sun Wukong, his fire is there for a reason, it's not random.
>>
>>24594095

If you look around, it's pretty clear people like monkeys and other primates, because we're also primates, and are thus naturally drawn to them because they're similar to us.
>>
>>24594183
>Wukong
What are you, a fucking nigger?
>>
You'd have a point if something with a truly shit design like Delphox was the most popular of its trio.

>>24594110
How are you doing, buttscab?
>>
>>24594095
>the most popular Sinnoh starter
senpai
>>
>>24594218
But it is. Ask anyone who their favorite Gen 4 starter is and they'll most likely say Infernape.
>>
>>24594225
Because, like Swampert and Venusaur, it's the starter that plows through the game the easiest.

However, unlike Swampert and Venusaur, he's fire-type and has a design that can appeal to everybody.
>>
>First starter with unique type
>It has more Special Bulk than Swampert (a defensive mon)
>Everybody liked the copy-pasted Fire/Fighting starter with different stats
Being Empoleon is suffering
>>
>>24594333
Most kids have shit taste. What can you expect?
>>
>>24594257
Not just the game, it's stats make it a viable contender in Competitive play too. Both it and Empoleon chill in UU and at least it doesn't have to jump through hoops to get its niche in-game
>>
>>24594333
Technically, Blaziken was the first starter with a "unique type".
>>
>>24594372
just like alomola?
>>
>>24594095
Because Infernape is fucking good and destroys the entire game with Flare Blitz and Close Combat

I would have given Emboar a pass too if it wasn't complete garbage compared to Blaziken and Infernape.
>>
Necessary evil.

If you didn't pick it you're forced to use Ponyta if you want a fire type. Not saying Ponyta/Rapidash are bad, but that's what you get when you come up with a generation that's largely evolutions but don't put them in until postgame
>>
>>24594382
No... that's not even a starter.

>>24594486
That's what Platinum is for.
>>
>>24594095
So where were the Fire fags when the worst Fire starter (bar none) named Delphox appeared
>>
>>24594500
As a firefag, I was team Froakie since day one.

The tears from Chespin fags were delicious when Quilladin was revealed, and it was even better from Fennekin fags when Delphox leaked.
>>
>>24594495
We didn't always have Platinum, so Infernape's popularity was already secured from DP alone.

Not that you're old enough to remember, mind you.
>>
>>24594095

>All fire type starters other than Blaziken are under 6 feet

>Blaziken is the best fire type starter because it isn't a manlet
>>
>>24594500
There's nothing wrong with Delphox.
The worst fire starter is Typhlosion.

>>24594510
Eh, it's not like people knew that D/P would have no fire-types when they were picking their starters plus it's not like every team needs a fire typo

Quality post, by the way.
>>
File: image.png (33 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33 KB, 246x250
>>24594095
>most popular Sinnoh starter
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1t8tmi/results_to_my_favorite_least_favorite_starter/
Judge the statistics, not the website.
>>
>>24594869
I'm going to judge you for even going to that cancerous memeplace
>>
>>24594884
Is 4chan not a cancerous memeplace?
>>
>>24594886
difference is that reddit is like that one kid who from a group who starts repeating same joke over and over again until it stops being funny and still repeat it after that
>>
>>24594884
>hurr it's a meme to hate Reddit so I'm gonna hate Reddit

No, you're cancer.

I got the results from fucking Google anyway.
>>
>>24594895
wew lad
>>
>>24594895
You're still also talking about 4chan
>>
>>24594916
you also don't get downvoted to hell and back if you break their hugbox :^)
We wouldn't want people to have problematic opinions, now would we?
>>
>>24594869

>Piplup
>557 votes

>Turtwig
>47 votes

>Chimchar
>-604 votes

If LUCARIO didn't existed, PIPLUP would might be the "CHARIZARD" or "Greninja" of this gen. It even appeared since DP001 and started the "cute starter" trend on the Ashnime
>>
>>24594869
So Reddit has terrible taste.

What else is new?
>>
>>24595022
Do you actually think what Pokemon people like depends on what site they use?
>>
>>24595113
Yes, because ask anyone in the street who's their favorite Pokemon and they'll say Pikachu, Charizard or Mewtwo.

Reddit is still a normie site but it's far less casual than most people in real life.
>>
>>24595120
>implying 4chan isn't a normie site
>muh secret club
>>
>>24595125
For Pokemon it's not.
>>
Who is cooler Emboar or Infernape. I used to like Infernape more, but then I started using Emboar competitively, and I fell in love with it. Now the design has grown on me big time.
>>
>>24595132
I'm pretty sure most people here were originally from some other Pokemon forum at some point.
>>
>>24595150
Infernape, but I definitely respect Emboar

>>24595183
I'm pretty sure that's definitely the case for the anime thread
>>
>>24594095
>BAWWW STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Enjoy your shit taste faggot
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.