[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I finally realize why Fire is a more popular type than Grass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
See, the majority of the Pokémon fanbase is made up of young children and the goal of a company is to make profit. The easiest way to do this legitimately is to target the core audience. Kids are easily impressed by the Fire-type because it looks "cool" to them. I can attest to this. When I played Pokémon Emerald for the first time, I chose Blaziken as my starter because I thought it looked "cool". However, some years later, when I was older and more mature, I did another playthrough of Emerald and I chose Sceptile instead. Grass has then been my favorite type ever since. I'm glad that I grew out of my "Fire is cool" phase and realized which type was actually more interesting. Basically, the reason why Grass-types get ignored by Game Freak and TPC is because Grass-types tend to have a more sophisticated design and are generally more appealing to older kids and adults, while Fire-types easily amuse underage kids without much experience in life.
>>
Why do you think Fire is more popular than Grass?
>>
Or maybe its because Grass types suck.
>>
>>24593728
Water a best
>>
>>24593731
Look at most popularity polls on the Internet. Fire is overwhelmingly far more popular.
>no Grass-type is playable in Sm4sh
>no Grass-type is playable in Pokken
>>
>>24593741
Just the kind of response I'd expect from a kid. Typical.
>>
File: bulba.jpg (14 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
bulba.jpg
14 KB, 236x314
just go with what you like
>>
>>24593757
But it's the truth. Grass is one of the worst types.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>24593916
Only a kid would think that.
>>
>>24593728
Grass types generally have better designs than Fire types.
>>
>>24593923
Keep on living in denial. I love Bug types, but I know how bad they are.
>>
>>24593728
When I was little my favorite was bulbasaur and in middle school most boys picked treeko. I had 2 friends who went for turtwig in diamond. I don't think grass is unpopular with kids at all. Fire looks cooler on a holographic card tho, I haven't been into the cards for a decade but if fire is more popular in the tcg that's a more likely reason.
>>
>>24593983
I'll never understand why Blaziken is the most popular Hoenn starter. Sceptile had screentime as one of Ash's main powerhouses in the anime and has a really cool Mega design.
>>
>>24593728
>Kids like fire because fire is cool
You retard, you didn't answer your own question. I'll answer it for you: it's because fire is destructive.
>>
>>24594196
So kids like destroying things?
>>
>>24593947
They indeed do. Most people just tend to have shit taste.
>>
File: 1444268879479.png (5 KB, 299x279) Image search: [Google]
1444268879479.png
5 KB, 299x279
cherrim is pokemon number 420. grass type.
why would someone prefer fire?
>>
>>24594181

Hoenn is starved for decent fire types, your only other options in emerald are numel , vulpix and maybe shipped. Same with fighting, but less so. you have heracross and machop, but meditite is middle of the road, and makuhita is boring. For grass you get lotad/seedot/cacnea and there are too many good water options to list.

I picked it for my second playthrough for these reasons, plus I didn't want a party full of mons from older gens. Except zubat, who is awesome, and is basically my starter.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.