[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/evog/ - Evolve General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: Evolve-DLC.png (331 KB, 940x526) Image search: [Google]
Evolve-DLC.png
331 KB, 940x526
EVERYTHING is OP edition

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
http://evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vg-Evolve

last bred: >>147966860
>>
How Jewish are they going to get when they reveal the cash shop?
>>
>>148020994
first for discussing progression systems in a civil way
>>
WHY ARE ALL THE MONSTERS SO OP???
>>
>>148021110
hard to say being jews destroyed their game the first time.who knows if they've learned.
>>
>>148021110
Currently there are characters that cost 9500 silver.
You make 20-100 silver per game without level up/achievement bonuses, and that's during double silver weekend.

Take a wild guess.
>>
I'm pretty sure the original Doom had more multiplayer game modes on launch than this game does.
>>
>>148021125
I guess it would be better giving a "tree" progression system
You start with one tier 1 assault, that at level ten lets you choose one tier 2 assault, at level 20 another t2, and t2 at level 10 let you choose one t3 character.
But this would render keys almost useless
>>
>>148021281
It's almost like Doom was a piece of garbage and it's multiplayer modes consisted of 20 lines of code.
>>
How do I check other players' ping
and how do I check other players' perks
?
>>
>>148021360
Escape
You can't
>>
>>148021282
Buying characters is fine, the perks are fucked though.

You either don't buy them and get them by leveling characters, which means you are weak until you unlock them, or you buy them wasting silver because you would have got them them for free eventually.

Honestly buying bronze or silver perks is a massive waste of currency, gold take so long to unlock that it might be worth it to buy them.
>>
>>148021474
So... how do you plan strats and stuff with teammates or prepare for enemy perks?
>>
>>148021493
>or you buy them wasting silver because you would have got them them for free eventually.

Each perk has 3 levels. If you get a perk on level up after you buy it, the perk is levelled up automatically. You should definitely buy certain perks early. Like the Feeding and movement speed Silver Monster perk.
>>
>>148021493
it is fine, but evolve always lacked a real progression system, because it has 1 progression system for every character
the progression system is what keeps peeps playing
>>
>>148021598
You can get all 3 levels by leveling characters though.

The silver you get for reaching a character level that unlocks a perk you already have is fucking miniscule to.
Buy a perk for 3k and you get 300 back after you reach a level where you would unlock it.
>>
>>148021734
>the progression system is what keeps peeps playing
Unfortunately.
>>
>>148021772
Progression is just one of those reward feedbacks that you cant fight against
It makes everything feel meaningful
>>
File: 20160710150524_1.jpg (213 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20160710150524_1.jpg
213 KB, 1366x768
>play Bucket
>do good
>get called useless by team
>this is battle report

not the best damage, but not bad. is there a possibility to see how well my team was?
>>
What are good Jack perks?
Movespeed to position yourself easier?
I already have all hunters/monsters
>>
What are the most essential perks to get for the hunters?
>>
>>148021508
You can't evolve isn't a game where you strategize its a team death match .
>>
How the fuck does reload work in this game.
It feels like every weapon gets instantly reloaded by switching to it.
>>
>>148021976
Weapons reload even if you don't have them in your hand
The game wants you to be constantly using all of your kit
>>
>>148021754
if you get the right perks you can outscale people the same level as you really quickly.
>>
>>148021903
Bucket's strength isn't really his damage, even though it's a bonus, but his mechanized cooldown. Double shield and heal burst for team is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>148021772
it's psychology
normo peeps must have something to aim for
watch the other "big" f2p
Warframe, k?
It has a lot of small progression system, that go and give you rewards periodically.
So each day you take endgame keys, that give you experience and reputation. With that reputation you gain exp or new weapons, or better versions of weapons. Weapons, side arms, and characters all level up. Companions level up, and all goes to both your general account and a sort of super power you can use every 180 seconds, but only if you finish the story quests.

Let's go to planetside 2
Planetside lacks class progression, because a lot of weapons are shared, and nothing tells you that you're a good medic or a good engineer or a good sniper or a good tank driver. But there are a lot of smaller "ribbons" that will be given every 10 kills.

Do you know how most F2P make people play? By placing a big bright unmovable experience bar just below your eyesight.
>>
>>148022025
Should I bother shooting the smg at all or switch back to harpoon immediately as griffin?
>>
Rocket man/Rocket lord/Rocket King?
>>
>>148022207
keep switching
it's 400 damage with a reload+ 50/150 with the harpoon
>>
File: ekrak.jpg (723 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ekrak.jpg
723 KB, 1920x1080
Why is Elder Kraken so good?
My first 2 games and I stage 1 wiped both off them
I didn't even know what my buttons did in the first game.
>>
>>148022503
It won't work after Level 20.
Level 11 is just really stupid pubs.
>>
>>148022503
I still have no idea what Elder Krak does
I just see tons of fucking red effects that fill the screen
>>
Holy shit pubs are bad.
>>
>>148022910
thats the main problem with Kraken and Wraiths
they wont be as OP when the player could tell what the fuck is going on on the screen
>>
>Harpoon Wraith
>She punches the air like a retard and destroys it, probably without realizing it was there

Well fuck man, what im supposed to do in this situation
>>
>>148023820
go crow
>>
>>148023954
>slow wraith
>she just dashes around in the air instead

Love it.
>>
>>148023820
Hit her from the back when she charges warp blast. It stops her dead and makes it miss which saves your team a ton of HP
>>
I just played against a Wraith that was so bad that it couldnt damage pretty much anyone in the team as we took 2 bars of health in the first level 1 dome and as she retreated we all went towards her and ot downed in a fucking insane flurry of combos
I dont like blogpost but we just got fucking outplayed to the max
>>
guys don't waste your keys literally only buying perks that increase feed speed.

and hunters only use perks with jet packs or use sunny.

The game is stupid when you have over 100% feed speed or jet pack shit. the other guy cant compete.
>>
>>148024269
Hey did I just play you?
>>
>>148023992
no no, use crow's other gun
>>
I'm assuming that by doing all this work to make the game F2P that the devs are going to continue supporting it. Is it likely that they will release new monsters and hunters in the future?
>>
Is anyone playing together in here?
>>
>>148024283
Shit, this explains those games where the monster gets to level 2 within a minute of the hunters dropping.

>>148024498
For a fee, and before the others ones are balanced or bugs are fixed. :)
>>
>>148024498
new skins maybe.
They said a long time ago the reason everything was dlc was because everything was so hard to make and cost loads ov mone.
I just can't see them doing it for free.
>>
>>148024570
had a M Goliath do it to me before i figured it out. he had some crazy long win streak.
The only way he could of evolved so fast is if he literally was just speed eating his name was benoff something.
>>
>>148024680
I'm glad the developers are intentionally facilitating such unbalanced gameplay.
>>
How in seven hells do I kraken?
I bought it because no one seemed to play it but I have no clue how to not die at stage 1.
>>
>>148024402
We were Hyde Abe Slim and Bucket
>>
How Toaster friendly is this game?
>>
Makarov or Edgy Makarov? Who's better?
>>
>18 win streak as Wraith
I never thought winning would get boring, but here I am.
>>
>>148025323
We're in the same boat, 100% win ratio with Wraith.
>>
>>148024834
They are FORCING it. It's the only thing the monster can do to win. Run and eat as fast as possible before the hunters reach it. Evolve is no longer a hunting game, it's an arena deathmatch.
>>
>>148025323
What's your starting build?
>>
>>148025150
Look at the recommended requirements

If you have a mid range PC you can probably run it on medium 60 fps.
>>
>>148025150
My toaster is an i3-540, gts 450, 4GB ram. With everything on minimum and resolution at 1280x720 windowed I have 30 fps in fight
>>
>>148025221
blitz
>>
>>148025420
2 in Warp Blast for the cooldown reduction and increased radius since it's pretty good at taking down wildlife, and 1 in Decoy and 1 in Supernova just in case I get domed at Stage 1.
>>
>>148025578
I wish we had some mined ingame stats from all the chars
>>
>>148024834
its not fun to grind for perks that do nothing
>>
>>148025323
I remember there was a time where casuals got a chance to play against a "pro" monster player, and if they beat him they'd win some prize money.

Monster stomped all teams. Then some interviewer asked if he had fun
>It was boring
>>
Weren't there more maps before? Did they take some of the maps out or something?
>>
How long until retards either leave or learn how to play the game?
I'm tired of trappers that can't even press 4
I'm sick of healers trying to be dps full time
I think I actually might just drop the game for a month or so, this game is just frustrating, not fun right now because of these shitters.
>>
Is it me or is the game still super buggy, I get stuck in "waiting for players" when the match should supposedly begin.

It also indefinitely waits for a party to start even though it's already matched 5 people, what the fuck.
>>
>First match as Hank
>vs Elder Kraken
>Kill him at Stage 2 3 minutes in
>7300 Shields transferred
>Get 32 fucking keys for it

What?
>>
What the hell is with the matchmaking? Why does it sometimes never find a game? Why will is start a 2v1 game? Why will it start a 4v0 game? Why does it immediately put you in a new queue after the game is over?
>>
>>148025823
>How long until retards either leave or learn how to play the game?

>retards either leaving or gitting gud in a F2P game
Never.
>>
>>148025823
As a monster I am enjoying the only period I'll be able to win, then I'll drop the game because hunters have been overbuffed way more than monsters and you can't hide now.
>>
>>148024834
The monster really has no choice but to try and evolve asap. anything that doesn't help him do this is a waste.
I let people fuck me up in the dome just to get out faster, I'll down their medic and then leave.
>>
File: 20160710162721_1.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160710162721_1.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1080
What causes this and how do I fix it.
>>
>>148021281
If you do research, Evolve said since this is still pretty much in beta, they are seeing how things go.

That means we will get Evac, Rescue, Arena, Defend, and Nest later down the line.
>>
>>148025950
But anon, we already are playing Arena :^)
>>
>>148025947
>evovle runnign very fast
>>
>>148025221
blitz is best once you get increased ammo capacity
untill then just stick to normal
>>
>>148025947
Motion blur?
>>
File: 20160710162545_1.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160710162545_1.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
>>148025947
>>
>>148025827
The game has over 51k players. Just leave and enter Hunt again if you wait longer than 10 seconds.
>>
>>148025941
Yeah I invest 2 in both jump and charge in stage 1 and alternate between mandatory Hank and Caira (best picks) ,then I make a break for it since I have two hungers and gold leap regen.

Bash to stage 2 or 3 ASAP it's a gueranteed win.
>>
>>148025823
I'm curious to see the player count during Wednesday. See how many people play during mid week
>>
>>148026031
>>148026057
Here's additional pic, if that's motion blur, it's broken.
>>
File: 1424430186561.png (169 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
1424430186561.png
169 KB, 500x677
>>148025914
I'd rather you at least left me with a little bit of hope anon.

>>148025929
I was pretty disappointed to see they turned trapper into just another support. Why the hell did they take the dome away from them?
Trying to catch the monster in the dome was fun and felt more skillful then this auto-cage that anyone can use
And global scan seems silly, it makes it impossible to play stealthily and sneak around hunters.
Wasn't the point of trappers to use their unique abilities to track the monster? Not give everyone the same ability that auto-finds it for you and tells the whole team where it is for you.
Yes, I am a little upset
>>
>>148026163
I mean >>148026067
HELP
>>
How the fuck do you play hank? Mortars take half a year to land, good luck hitting a wraith with that, and when the shield is spent I feel like decoration.
>>
>>148026049
I just saw there's only one capacity perk in the gold tier, is this right?
>>
>>148026352
Get the shield booster out and spam it while hanging back.
>>
>>148026291
For every 1 who miss trapping the monster being a challenge, there are 19 who are now like "whew thank god they just let us fight the monster now"
>>
File: BuyTHESEANDWIN.png (749 KB, 1833x435) Image search: [Google]
BuyTHESEANDWIN.png
749 KB, 1833x435
Dear anyone who wants to play a monster who isn't Kraken or wraith or who enjoys meme people at stage one.

look at these icons these icons are you're friends, buy them.
>>
>>148026291
I am upset too anon. I used to have to adapt to avoid specific trappers, I used to have fun trying to hide from them and avoiding elite wildlife because I was weak stage 1. Now I just run away as fast as I can leaving tracks because it doesn't matter, they'll just find me quickly and trap me easily. And since monsters have had to be buffed to compensate if the hunters are incompetent I win 100% of the time, if they are competent I lose 100% of the time. That's it.
I haven't reached stage 3 in 20 games. I barely even bother with stage 2 unless I'm playing kraken.
>>
>guy sees I'm playing kraken before the match
>tells me "kys faggot"
>I defeat the medic very easy,then what seems like all of them
>I turn my back 5seconds and they ALL FUCKING REVIVED

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>148026709
"Dying doesn't matter much" is one of the pillars of what you need to appeal to the casual audience anon. Don't be surprised.
>>
>>148026549
I can understand that.
I just wish they found another way of doing it rather than just turning every class into a trapper, and the trapper into CC support
It feels like all the classes are kinda the same in a way now. They're much less unique

I'm also kinda upset about there being 7(?) different monsters in the game now, but every game is just wraith after wraith. Sometimes I see a meteor.
That might just be a product of wraith being a noob stomper so it's being picked a lot because there's so many bad players right now.
>>
>>148026845

what surprised me is that even when I smelled them, they didn't appear fucking anywhere in Dome
>>
>>148026898
Oh man I forgot you could use smell, it's so useless now since the hunters are just always chasing you and you can't look for wildlife, you have to pick what's on your escape route.
Just like sneaking, the only use now is to pounce a lone/last hunter.

The respawn timer is just really fast now anon. Reviving a teammate also takes no time at all so if you left one of them standing you're fucked.
>>
>turn vsync off because it's trash
>menu runs at over 1000 fps

how do I change that lel
>>
Why is the only badge color unlocked fucking yellow? What level do I get more?
Do I need to buy them? They don't seem to be in the store.
I wouldn't have removed the no-badge badge if I knew my only other options were ugly as shit.
>>
>>148027071

desu what annoys me the most is the invisibility on medic

always when they have few health left, they pop invisiblity then run for cliffs or some remote places
>>
>>148025950
"later down the line" why does this sound like it'll be a paywall
>>
>>148025862
I dont know how its calculated
its bullshit sometimes
I think its more when you fight longer, even though one might think super effective hunter who down a monster in 3min should get a bonus
>>
>>148026608
Climb speed - shit the maps rarely offer any decent climbing spots atm.
Traversal Regen - good lets you be like sanic
Damage reduction - shit the dome is going to stay up until they hurt you or you hurt them
Smell range - shit you cant hide from anyone and are constantly running.
Pounce damage - shit stealth is pointless monsters hp got debuff pounce animation takes to long pouncing the last hunter is fine though
>Feed speed - THE BEST MUST HAVE
movement speed- alright not as good as traversal Regen.
Armour regen - shit they give you free Armour regen maybe you can meme stack it on behemoth. but it's still rather shit.

Perks were a mistake.
>>
Now somebody please tell me, what the fuck im supposed to do if the trapper gets focused, my shield cant keep up with the dakka and the medic is healing as much as he can
>>
Wait. So at the end of the game if you click CONTINUE then it leaves the game and enters a new queue?

And if you don't do anything it starts a vote for a rematch which it doesn't tell you about except in the squares on the bottom right corner, and doesn't tell you which key it is to vote for a rematch?

Wait. What?
>>
is it possible the reason kraken and wraith are doing so well, is because they can handle air borne targets better than other monsters can?
>>
>>148027427
Have a trapper who knows how to juke shit.
>>
> Team throws on purpose because I got a 14 win streak an I got matched as Hunter for once.
> You're probably playing Wraith so fuck you

Great.
>>
>>148027427
Tell him that if you hit space twice quickly you can dodge.
>>
What are they going to do to Behemoth to make him not shit?
>>
>play first game
>monster just fucking rapes everyone lvl 1 and has some high lvl monster skin

cool haha pay 2 win already xd

thought i'd play vs other people who are new but apparently not
>>
>>148027271
Doubt it. When the game was released they updated with free game modes and maps. Again this is them just seeing who will stay and such.
>>
>>148027580
Were you playing Wraith though?
>>
>>148027649
anyone who owned the game already got all the characters and loads of shekels. its just the way it is.
>>
File: 20160710164851_1.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160710164851_1.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1080
>>148027658
Y-yes..
>>
Who is the best trapper? And why?
>>
>>148027817
Deserved.
>>
I've been trashing monsters all day, caira and triple rocket man perk.
>>
>>148027826
They're all the same, just press 4.
>>
Why does it say every player is found but then never starts a game?
>>
What's the point of Turtle Rock skins? It looks "cool" but makes you even more noticable.
Is this intended to be
>Hard mode enabled
for monsters?
>>
>>148027909
Cause it's at server capacity and needs to wait for space.
>>
>>148027919
There's no real downside to being more noticeable.
>>
File: hello hunters im kraken.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hello hunters im kraken.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>nerfs inc on wraith

don't worry fellow monsters, just get kraken and join the fun.
>>
>>148027919
you can't hide anyway though. so it doesn't matter, even if the hunter doesn't see you he still gets the press F prompt.
>>
>>148027909
Just return to the main menu then back to matchmaking when that happens.

>>148027919
Being noticeable doesn't matter anymore, you can't hide no matter what you do.
>>
File: 1467368970828.png (603 KB, 600x716) Image search: [Google]
1467368970828.png
603 KB, 600x716
Alright, I'm new to this shit, get me up to date with the tier list of hunters and monsters.
>>
>>148027992
So I just wait?

>>148028104
Done that a bunch of times now.
>>
>>148028064
Is this with full perks or not
>>
File: 1419661232087.jpg (57 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
1419661232087.jpg
57 KB, 500x208
>>148028064
>>
Whats that chest thing that you get from challenge? Cant find it anywhere except challenges menu
>>
>>148028064
Why do people not boost as soon as they're able?
Even if there isn't a kraken waiting to meme on you, its just inefficient not to. You can see which way the monster went, there's no reason not to start your momentum in that direction before you hit the ground.
>>
I like the game but it really wasn't necessary to remove so much from the Hunt

Bushes are gone
Fauna is gone
Predators are gone
Luring into a map trap like a megamouth is gone since every fauna is super nerfed and gets killed by everything
Hyde's nicest flamethrower particle, which i dare say was the best visual effect in the game is gone
Idle animations for the characters are gone
Complete maps and gamemodes are gone
Stealth, by incidence, is gone too

It's enjoyable but lacks the meta game that was going for before. It just needed tweaking and some refining, not a makeover.
>>
>>148028439
I agree, but maybe they add OG mode back in as "Stalk" or something.
Except the graphical downgrades. Gotta make sure the f2p peons' toasters can run it.
>>
>>148028439
I feel like TR made this a F2P game in more ways than one.
>>
>>148028138
Do>>148028104
Only thing you can do
>>
File: 1465572869972.gif (11 KB, 240x96) Image search: [Google]
1465572869972.gif
11 KB, 240x96
so i decided to give this a go
and since nobody knows how to play trapper in pubs

who's a good trapper?
perks?
tactics if those even exist in here?
>>
>>148027340
So I guess it's between traversal regen, feed speed, and movement speed. Which benefits each monster the most?
>>
>>148028439
I've kinda noticed the way it's completely impossible to hide from the hunters now that they have a map point towards you at all times and every one of them can throw down the dome.

I've only had one game so far that went to level 3.
>>
>play Lazarus
>team mates still rush to get downed team mates back up
>the entire team has 2 strikes and the kraken is now stage 3

why do I even bother
>>
>>148028680
Well if you're playing Abe, don't forget to use the tracking darts on wildlife. If the monster eat them, it'll track the monster.

So many people aren't playing him right. At all.
>>
>>148028680
>who's a good trapper?
Griffin
>perks?
Move speed and reload speed
>tactics?
Keep the monster between you and your team mates, spam harpoon. chase the monster.
Unless you're against Kraken and inside the dome, then just fire at him.
>>
>>148028645
>>148028664
I remember when I got it at 60% discount that it had these guides to lure and trick the Hunters in clever ways in the maps. Also some guides to predict where the Monster player would go and what to do to catch it off guard. As a monster, you surely completely needed to be on the run because the armor and health were minuscule at Stage 1 and 2 merely gave you an edge. You had to play smart to pick them out and buy time to eat.
>>
>>148028937
Talk to them, idiot.
>>
>>148028768
They all do the same thing. save you time or help you escape just pick which you want more.
>>
Oh damn being tracker is fun

Even though this shotgun seems kind of stupid to have as someone who should sit further back it's still enjoyable to play
>>
Cabot good or?
>>
>Monster
>Ten game win streak

>Hunters
>No one won their last match

Seems like maybe they shouldn't show the win streak.
>>
File: 1467657866253.jpg (180 KB, 532x783) Image search: [Google]
1467657866253.jpg
180 KB, 532x783
>removing gamemodes

but why
>>
Must have perks?
>>
>>148029418
Because they're changing all the maps, which resulted in those game modes being broken.
>>
>>148029271
Damage Amplifier + not a shit assault player is the only thing that can instigate fear on a Monster right now.

Monsters take too much damage right now, I remember it wasn't like this.

Stage 1 the monster was the prey
Stage 2 it was even
Stage 3 was Kaiju time

Right now it doesn't really matter for the monster. Maybe it's the fact that there aren't good hunter team players still.
>>
>>148025947
looks like you set depth of field too high
>>
>>148029545
You should see what Lennox does to Monsters when she gets on top of them.
>>
>>148029732
Hot.
>>
>>148029707
I found out the reason. My system.cfg deleted itself and turns out the game doesn't like that.
>>
Do these cases that you get rewarded from challenges do anything? Can I unlock them or something?
>>
File: 1372888389768.png (505 KB, 561x882) Image search: [Google]
1372888389768.png
505 KB, 561x882
>You fucked with the wrong motherfucker, motherfucker.
>>
>>148029105
I did, retard.
>>
>>148029545
It used to be trash. Why the fuck do you think the game died?

Every single match was the same

Monster runs
Monster runs
Monster runs
Level 3
gg monster wins
>>
>>148028937
they are probably new you know
>>
>>148029983
But with a man's voice, sissy.
>>
>>148030008
The game died because of the pricing scheme. Not because the monster was weak early.
>>
File: 1439997393198.jpg (16 KB, 333x279) Image search: [Google]
1439997393198.jpg
16 KB, 333x279
>>148030041
>>
>>148030008
As a Monster/Hunter player I call that bullshit and you have to git gud to have opinions on a subject.
>>
All the monsters bar the Goliath feel exceptionally strong.

>Kraken, lemme fly around and shoot lighting at you
>Wraith, lemme kill everyone in your team in a split second
>>
File: 787579.jpg (41 KB, 350x330) Image search: [Google]
787579.jpg
41 KB, 350x330
is there any reason not to pick lazarus every game now?
>>
>>148027285
in the previous thread there was someone who talked about it how it should be like an algorithm where everything was taken in account
>>
>>148030256
Armor regen is so high right now

I feel dirty playing monster. If you kill a single Hunter, which you will, You can either keep picking them all out or run and feed freely.

Before it wasn't even a good idea to stick nearby any Hunter. They shredded your armor and health pretty easily.

That's why you have the CTRL Sneak and pounce abilities. I haven't seen ANY monster use them right now, since you can just machete and tentacle rape anyone and any fauna on Shear.
>>
File: 1355973199253.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1355973199253.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
Hunters are painfully slow in this game. You run slow, run out of fuel after a few dash and cliff climbing is the most excruciating thing I have ever seen. It seriously feels like a chore to follow the footprint because you constantly have to wait for your jetpack to recharge.
Then the dev, in their infinite wisdom, decided to add shit like casual dome and planet scanner (and buffed stage 1 monster to compensate, which caused even more balance problems) . Now even playing as monster is boring because you can no longer outwit hunters with stealth.
>>
>tracker doesnt track
>find the monster myself
>medic is running around clueless as fuck shooting his sniper after taking 1 minute to finally come to the dome
>assault never dodges anything and just facetanks not even attempting to jetpack anywhere

woah..
>>
>>148030920
Purchase all the rocket perks and you'll be going so fast you'll think you're playing 2014 Tribes Ascend!
>>
>>148030256
Wraith is easy to deal with you just need a tracker that knows to CC when it goes full blender, and support and healer need to know to run and just stay alive. Decoy may be a little strong right now but it's easy to tell when it is one.
Kraken on the other hand is really strong and everyone is still trying to figure out how to deal with him. Trackers are mostly useless cause there is no point in trying to cc him since he attacks from range, and you have to save jetpack charges so you can jump from both lighting strike and bubble of death.
>>
File: 1438309479844.jpg (36 KB, 362x459) Image search: [Google]
1438309479844.jpg
36 KB, 362x459
>>148030586
>If you kill a single Hunter, which you will
anon...
>>
>>148030920
>the old days of monsters walking through water to cover their tracks are now long gone

feels bad man
>>
>>148031095
>but it's easy to tell when it is one.
it isn't
>>
>11 win streak wraith
alt+f4
>>
>>148031095
>its easy, everyone has to work perfectly together while the Wraith is a moron
easy peasy
>>
File: If0JpAt[1].png (36 KB, 724x92) Image search: [Google]
If0JpAt[1].png
36 KB, 724x92
Be honest with me, how long do you guys think this is gonna last? Are they going to ruin the game with p2w shit?
>>
>>148031770
12 win goliath streak.

Why do so few people want to play monster exactly?
>>
How to gorgon?

Bought it because the design seemed fun but so far goliath and meteor goliath are much better, i can focus medic/support as them easily but as gorgon i just can't outdamage the heals and shields.
>>
>Won game
>gain nothing
wtf ...
Also,i have 6000 what to get??Gorgon or kraken?
>>
>>148028680
Jack is good his cc requires weird positioning that you just need to play him to understand.

Jet packs for muh meme tier speed

CC Large damage abilities like golly combo, wraith blender, or kraken ball of death. Learn maps know where to cut off and good areas for you to fight. And remember keep your medic and support alive let your assault worry about dealing damage.
>>
The gorgon is such a nightmare to fight? Whats the best way to deal with it?
>>
>>148031936
How do you even goliath? I have no clue how to do well with him
>>
>>148032020
Kraken.
>>
>>148031936
Playing monster is boring. Too easy.
>>
>>148032020
Gorgon for fun, Kraken for 20 win streaks.
>>
Is this game worth playing at all? it looks nice but meh, i don't wanna waste time just to find out they gonna full jew on me or shit like that
>>
i have 5500 meme keys
who do i get
>>
>>148031921
What p2w are we talking about? People said the same shit when it released. But when all Tier 1 hunters can beat a Wraith, it's not p2w
>>
>>148032209
>Kraken for 20 win streaks

Literally how? If I spawn as Kraken I get fucking dominated by good team compositions. Does the win streak meme only last until you're in the 20s?

I'm up against team comps of Lennox, Hank and Laz.
>>
>>148031921
it will change like a wave
first its new and has lots of players, then players will see how bullshit the balancing is and leave. when a new patch will hit, thy will come back. repeat
>>
>>148031637
Oh look he is moving towards us in a straight patter when there is no shield and he has no armor must be legit guys :DDD. Or when in the bubble and he doesn't use abilities to fight that's pretty obvious. git gud
>>148031852
I guess I've been getting lucky with competent teams then cause most people are starting to understand how the game rolls, sorry if your luck has been shittier m8.
>>
>>148032447
>Lennox
fucks all the monsters who aren't wraith enjoy.
>>
>>148032360
Not worth the 20Go. Used to be but it was dead due to stupid pricing. Now that they went f2p they also made the game shit so it's still not worth it.
>>
File: Capture.png (95 KB, 753x162) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
95 KB, 753x162
>>148031921
Honestly if they can keep at least 5,000 I'd be happy.
>>
How the fuck do you kill a healer if they can outheal any fucking damage you do to them?
>>
>>148032550
meme doesn't make you correct it isn't easy to tell wraith from fake wraith, especially not if he's super novaing. sometimes it doesn't even matter if you know because decoy can still fuck you anyway.
>>
>>148032674
Get them out of range of the Support who keeps shielding them.
>>
>>148032125
Don't ask me, dude. I may have won every Goliath game in about 20 games now but I get the feeling it's just because monsters are strong rather than I am good.
>>
File: 1466659096372.png (690 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1466659096372.png
690 KB, 569x802
does wraith even have a counter?
>>
>Spend 9500 keys on Wraith
>Regret it after 4 games

This sucks, I want my keys back
>>
>>148032125
3 charge 1 leap. If the hunter team is shit you can kill them all at the first fight. If not just get to stage 2 with max leap and shit on them.
>>
>>148032964
ikr, wraith might be OP, but it's unfun to play as and unfun to play against.
>>
I spent all my keys on the Elton John, Rocket Lord and Rocket King perks.

What perks should I save for next? I play mostly Assault (Lennox) and Medic (Lazarus)
>>
Please stop picking Wraith it's litreally anti fun monster
>>
>>148032957
no
>>
>>148032013
Nope. Gorgon is stronger, at least when I play.
You are the fastes monster by far. Ignore clone-bomb. Max out spidertraps and plant one at the very beginning. Put also at least one point in acid at the beginning to kill animals faster.
>>
>>148032957
Incompetence. Incompetence in the highest echelon of power.
>>
File: realization.jpg (17 KB, 381x235) Image search: [Google]
realization.jpg
17 KB, 381x235
So let me see if I have the vague as fuck fluff of this game straight:

The colony gets monsters out of nowhere.

But the monsters always go for shit that runs on energy acquired via machinery that runs on energy derived from Patterson Equations.

Monsters have Patterson Equations written directly into their genetics, but the means by which they reproduce are unknown and the eggs they hatch from have no perceivable gestation period.

So, from this one can deduce that Monsters are some form of extradimensional entities that manifest themselves in our universe via some means similar to or identical to energy derived from Patterson Equations.

Ergo, by attempting to escape the planet the Hunters are probably just going to "lead" the monsters somewhere else by using the same technology that brought the monsters into existence.
>>
How come none of the guns have alt fires?
>>
Any anons wanna team up? I'm a pretty good medic and assault. (and monster)
>>
>play monster
>tracker is doing a shit job
>wondering if the enemies are even connected to the game
>get lvl 3 and then wipe the floor with them right away

heh, kinda boring honestly. Playing vs clueless people (even though they were 3x my level..) is so pathetic, it's absurd how important the tracker is
>>
>>148033681
iktfb
>play carrie(healer)
>put speed boost and do a better job 90% of time than tracker at finding monster.
>>
>>148033312
y
>>
>>148033681
nobody wants to play tracker, yet everybody wants to win.
>>
>>148032554
>Lennox
completely useless against kraken who's flying high in the air
she's also bad against wraith because it just flips out and attacks everywhere making you lose stacks but at least you're hitting for base damage, against kraken you can't reach him at all.
>>
>>148033839

Hey Rucks
>>
Hello. Got the game today and I'm currently playing the default healer and loving it. I have a question about the perks, in each tree there is a perk which reduces reload speed. Do these stack or can I only use one? Secondly should I buy perks for the default healer or save and buy a new character? Are some overall better than others?
>>
>>148033839
Guess I should play some Dota 2 instead then
>>
>>148033681
>Planet scanner makes finding the monster so braindead nobody can find it if the trapper doesn't press 4

Guess they got the cawadoody audience they wanted.
>>
Just started playing today and I've only had one good game in a dozen so far playing as a monster. They've all been stomps that ended in a few minutes where I killed the hunters at level 1 or immediately after getting level 2.

Is meteor goliath just, like, 10x better than normal goliath or something? I know the people I'm playing against couldn't've played much of the game either, but this really doesn't seem fair so far. How long do you have to play until it's an even matchup where the monster doesn't just win every game?

Seems like a pretty crappy new player experience, where hunters have to get really good in order to compete and for you to have a proper game. If it's just one-sided until 20 hours into the game or something like that then that's really silly.
>>
>>148033181
health regen
with all stacked that's 160 HP/s or 10%/s
you're literally unkillable even if the monster focuses you
>>
>>148034210
No, it's just a horrible imbalanced game right now.
>>
>>148034210
Hunters ragequit while most people are new, then whatever hunter players stayed will shit on monsters easily and every monster player will leave. After that the game will die again.
>>
>tfw when good smaratian
>that when give hunters after smashing them.
>>
>>148034210
After rank 10 you start getting decent hunters and sometimes die
>>
File: 1453559838586.png (618 KB, 684x577) Image search: [Google]
1453559838586.png
618 KB, 684x577
>Guy picks Goliath
>Tries to meme us at the start
>Mother
>Fucking
>Lennox

Got about 10k plasma lance damage in, sat at max damage for pretty much the whole fight.
>>
File: 2538207.png (64 KB, 232x200) Image search: [Google]
2538207.png
64 KB, 232x200
>play against Wraith
>hunter suggest we run in the opposit direction than the footprints lead us
>trap surprised Wraith after 30s
we still died
>>
>>148033312
Kala speaks in math equations in her sleep and in old man voice

Something is leading the monsters
>>
File: Untitled.png (668 KB, 884x539) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
668 KB, 884x539
lol
>>
>>148034565
Lennox is a hard counter for Goliath, really a pain in the ass to deal with
>>
>>148034714
WHAT

Who do you play???
>>
>>148034714
I was playing Hanks just a minute ago.
Got my orbital barrage on top of the gorgone while she was going stage 2.

Then my entire team died, no idea how.
>>
>>148034714

Still pickable for me
>>
Does the Railgun have range?
>>
>>148034518
Rank as in level? I'm level 13 now I think and haven't been killed yet.
>>
>level 1 Goliath
>they capture me because i started birds.
>chimp out and kill them alll

its over evolve is a joke.
>>
>>148034904
Couldn't even buy anyone. Timer ran out and it gave me tech hank. Then connection lost.
>>
>>148035305
Same here game just up and closed down on me.
>>
File: 1461852198239.jpg (39 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1461852198239.jpg
39 KB, 510x346
so i play the hunters and i'm getting weary of it. i would love to dabble with the monsters. can you please give me some general tips? the elder kraken looks like a fun time as does the meteor goliath but i don't have my heart set on any monster at this point in time. i'm a founder so i have them all apart from the gorgon. thanks friends
>>
>Playing with friends
>One of them gets super assmad every time he's monster because I keep going up and down the nearest cliff as medic and he can't catch me long enough to do meaningful damage
Thank god he doesn't have Kraken yet. I can't imagine this working as well on that faggot monster.
>>
Is hyde good?

Or should I stick with space marine grandma?
>>
Why doesn't anybody play Val anymore? She rocks at CC'ing the monster.

Instead it's Caira everyday.
>>
Makarov can't compete with Hyde, is Parnell stupidly OP like last time?

Also Blitz Mac isn't that great, his tesla mines don't do shit.
>>
>Wraith
>Difficulty: Challenging

pfff
>>
>>148035769
Hyde is amazing, 120 damage per tick gas, say goodbye to your HP flamer, minigun is "acceptable" but not good
>>
>>148035778
caira is free
>>
>>148035806

Parnell got fucked

they took away rage damage and its just attack speed now
>>
>>148035778
Caira is the best healer hands down.
>>
>>148035806
Blitz is outright better with the capacity perk as long as you're not shit, and his mines do almost three times as much as regular mines once they charge. Regular's still really good though since he's just a solid pick that's impossible to fuck up.
Hyde's alright, Parnell's been gutted, which really sucks because he used to be my favorite assault. Now I'm all about punch grandma.
>>
File: 1424060226321.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1424060226321.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
jesus christ they changed alot of shit

so who the fuck is viable on team hunter right now?
>>
this game makes me wonder if stage 1 monster is so strong is it possible to just buy perks which make it possible to always killl the hunters?
>>
>>148036160

Lets hope Parnells variant is good
>>
>>148021903
>play trapper
>scan, move in direction of where monster will be heading.
>rest of team go full retard and just follow ping
>catch monster on own but team near(ish)
"DONT GO ALONE IDIOT"
>win game
Why the fuck are people idiots?
>>
>>148031625

I still do it, you just have to time stuff and shit. I've snuck literally right under hunters nose multiple times.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.