[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fog/ Fallout General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 192
File: CUJtnIoWoAEguk3.jpg (103 KB, 600x903) Image search: [Google]
CUJtnIoWoAEguk3.jpg
103 KB, 600x903
Nate you Fucking Idiot edition

(Thus fuck the /pol/ Faggot)

>CK
http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
http://pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
http://pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
https://mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
http://pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
http://pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
http://pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
http://pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
http://pastebin.com/EEaEc6rW

>Fallout 3/NV
http://pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
http://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
>>>/aco/fallout (nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
>>>/y/fallout (nsfw)

Pre-War Thread: >>147110115
>>
File: ScreenShot32.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot32.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Alright /fog/, what am I in for?
>>
>>147169874
Obviously this one, because the other one was made by a /pol/ retard who's been shitting on both /TESG/ and Here for a while
>>
>>147169874
What armor?

jesus fuck that face is creepy
>>
Ranger armor.
>>
Sex with ADA!
>>
>playing fallout 4 for the last three hours
>almost completely burnt out after clearing out the cave under the red rocket and building food/water/radio/beds in the shit settlement and realizing there's no reason to do anything else with the settlements

I wouldn't be so burnt out if I wasn't finding pipe rifles and pipe pistols exclusively. Does this game get less shitty or is it generally terrible like the beginning has been? The dialogue system is fucking trash and makes this feel like mass effect, another shitty not-rpg pretending to be an rpg. Why do the faggots at bethesda have to ruin good things?
FUCKING STOP CHANGING THREADS I JUST WANT ANSWERS ON IF FALLOUT 4 IS EVER WORTH PLAYING OR NOT
>>
>>147169985
I meant to ask what I can expect from Far Harbor.

>>147169995
Just bits and pieces of Combat and Metal.
>>
File: isoaOXA.jpg (329 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
isoaOXA.jpg
329 KB, 2560x1080
>>147169723

Finally a Good OP
>>
>>147169995
You can barely see the face how is it creepy
>>
File: Raider PA.png (1 MB, 869x1079) Image search: [Google]
Raider PA.png
1 MB, 869x1079
If there is a God, we'll be getting amazing Raider power armor customisation with Nuka World.
>>
>>147170201
I meant the bikini
>>
>>147170372
You'll get the special Nuka World raider PA which is just random pieces of the regular Raider PA with shitty legendary effects on them.
>>
File: ScreenShot32.jpg (921 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot32.jpg
921 KB, 1680x1050
muh daughter.

got 6 outfits for her
short back story

still much to be done.
>>
>>147170534
>people unironically put this kind of effort into LARPing in a game that isn't even fun originally

What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>147170534
>what is AA
>>
>>147170174
>I JUST WANT ANSWERS ON IF FALLOUT 4 IS EVER WORTH PLAYING OR NOT

Obviously not for casuals like you, go play solitaire.
>>
>>147170601
Not him, but I find Fo4 miles more fun then either Fo3 or NV
>>
>>147170601
>isn't even fun originally
for you
>>
>>147170727
>I'm a retard who unironically likes to eat shit

Fixed your post
>>
>>147170727
New Vegas is a significantly better RPG. Its problems entirely stem from the shit engine and bugs ruining the experience even with patches.
>>
Any reason for companions being able to die in Rockets' Red Glare?
>>
>>147170797
No, I mean in general. this is an objective viewpoint.

You subjectively find it enjoyable because you have no taste, which flies in the face of reality.
>>
>>147170201
Bring ammo, grenades and don't screw up

and Fuck DiMA
>>
And thus, I return

>>147170895
>>147170895
>>147170895
>>
>>147170819
WOW SO THERE'S A WAY TO FIX THE HEAVY NPC EXPOSITION AND ALL THE TELL DON'T SHOW? POINT ME TO THAT PATCH PLEASE
>>
>>147170819
> Its problems entirely stem from the shit engine
Na, all the problems with the god-awful reputation system, disguise system, alternate ammo types, and everything else Stem from Obsidian's known inability to design a functional game.
>>
>>147171212
>reputation system is bad
>disguises are bad
>ammo types are bad

Right lad
>>
>>147170934
ok and? I don't care what you think. You are that guy who takes a shit on floor in party. just go away.
>>
File: 1454534436182.png (45 KB, 123x200) Image search: [Google]
1454534436182.png
45 KB, 123x200
>>147171106
>404 Not Found
>>
>>147171043
>hype to meet dima and see all the sicknasty bladerunner stuff
>he's just some ultrafag pretending to be ghandi going on about muh gender identity and peace and love

lalalala didnt happen, just exploring muh island, there is no colony of synths here lalala
>>
>>147171283
>I'm going to eat this shit and announce it to the world! You're so mad, aren't you?

Dude, if you consider playing FO4 a party, your life must be a rollercoaster of amazing times with such lowered standa
>>
>>147171212
>reputation system
Literally nothing wrong with it.

>disguise
Underutilized, but it still gave you more freedom.

>alternate ammo types
>bad
What the fuck?
>>
>>147171275
I never said the ideas were bad, only that they were TERRIBLY implemented
>>
>>147171153
>Show don't tell in an RPG

One of the defining characteristics of any good RPG is the interactions between the player and non-player characters. NPCs are the lifeblood of any good location that is to be treated as a general hub.

You know why Winterhold is shit in Skyrim? Because excluding the College it has literally nothing worth mentioning. No fun interactions or NPCs to meet.
>>
>>147171421
No they weren't, you're just a retard.
>>
>>147171418
>>147171275
I love this meme that anything you say was done poorly means you think the fundamental ideas are bad.

Its the worst form of straw man because of how utterly blatant it is.
>>
>>147171558
Tell me how Fallout 3 vanilla or fallout 4 compared to those "poorly" implemented gameplay features again :^)

I'm a fallout 1 oldie but I can even see you retards flailing to excuse FO4's complete degregation by bethesda.
>>
>>147171212
>Ammo choice is bad

Personally, I would have loved if even only shotguns had differing ammo types

I want my coinshot, I want my slugs
>>
>>147171527
Yes they were

Faction rep
>Kill three guys in the middle of the wasteland
>No one around to see you do it
>No one left alive to report it
>INSTANT VILIFICATION!

>Disable the nukes at the end of Lonesome Road
>Again, no one around to see you do it or report it
>Instant + rep from the Followers and BoS

If you don't see the obvious problems with this, then you area blind fanboy.
>>
>>147171736
>he unironically thin ks his claim that "bad" gameplay features are somehow worse than completely stripping features out

Hahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaah you seriously are arguing this, bethdrone?

You're a disingenuous faggot and a retard
>>
>>147171465
>You know why Winterhold is shit in Skyrim? Because excluding the College it has literally nothing worth mentioning. No fun interactions or NPCs to meet.

This is incredibly stupid because that's exactly how it's supposed to be. 1 of the residents literally spends all day getting drunk off his ass because there's literally worth anything there. You're sold a fucking dragonclaw, a key to a large pile of treasure, for 50 gold because the merchant needs the money that badly.
>>
>>147171661
Easy

Fallout 3/4
>Kill someone in the middle of the wasteland, no one around to see you do it, no one knows you did it.

>Put on non face covering armor in front of an NPC, they don't forget who you are or if you are hostile or not hostile to them.

NV
>Kill some guy in the middle of the wasteland, no one around to see you do it, instant - rep from whatever faction he is part of because every NPC is psychic

>Put on non face covering armor of the Legion right in front of NCR soldiers despite being idolized by their faction, everyone forget who you are are shoots to kill.

Its hilarious how Bethesda managed to make a game that works more realistically without those gameplay mechanic then a game that does.
>>
>>147171970
>Implying a functional but simple game isn't better then one that tries to be complex but fails in every aspect.
Quality comes before quantity.

You can have as many mechanics in a game as you want, if they dont work, the game will never be better then a game with less that does.
>>
>>147171970
>You're a disingenuous faggot and a retard

And you're only trolling, drink bleach.
>>
>>147172075
Kill yourself lad.

>>147172198
>quality before quantity

Right dude. You're a faggot and should kill yourself so you stop ruining the hobby I've cared about longer than you've been shitting yourself in your parent's basement.

>>147172317
No, I'm helping you understand your opinion has no worth to people who actually know what ) an RPG is b) what a Fallout game is supposed to be.
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15842/?

This looks fucking terrible
>>
>>147172406
>an RPG is
An RPG, by definition, is merely a game in which you play a role within a set of rules, and make choices and decision about your character within those set of rules.

>what a Fallout game is supposed to be.
The only people who can determine what a Fallout game is meant to be are the people who made the series, and both Tim Cain and Chris A have both voiced positive things about Bethesda's Fallout getting the series right
>>
>>147172035
does the lore also explain why the capital city has 12 houses?
>>
>>147172584
Kill

Yourself

Lad
>>
>>147172469
>looks

sounds pretty awful too, listen to the VA
>>
>>147172469
>hmm, how can i make my lazy mod more appealing?
>I know, I'll throw in all my other lazy mods as well, a package deal!

Also oatmeal cookies are 10/10, Darren needs to throw his fat ass off the nearest bridge.
>>
>>147172742
Not him, but this is a retarded question to aks because Bethesda games have always used massive scale downs.
>>
>>147172469
>le so wacky!!!1 quest mod

Yes it does.
>>
>>147172469
>all those posts and comments sucking his dick
Why?
>>
>>147172750
The obsidiot from NMA and RPGCodex went kaput!
>>
>>147172750
And you kill yourself for deleting this tbqh

>>147172907
>I'll cry to the hotpockets once I'm BTFO

:^)
>>
>>147172868
but Morrowind's capital was significantly larger and that game was released in 2002
>>
>>147172995
It was also super heavily copy and pasted, with most of the cantons following the exact same design with some slight variation
>>
>>147172742
Scaling. It's impractical, if not impossible, to build a believably large city if you have any interest in making a game that is largely about stuff that doesn't happen there.
>>
File: ticktockcity.jpg (769 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ticktockcity.jpg
769 KB, 1600x900
>>147173173
Possible yes, but even with a team city building takes a fuckload of time
>>
>>147173173
>we're too stupid to come up with ways to depict big towns because our programmers are all interns

Fixed your post.
>>
>>147172995
And
A. The size of vivec was one of THE most singularly complained about parts of the game, with its being near universally hated and despised because no one wanted to walk through it. Even the smaller Imperial city from Oblivion got massive hate for its needless size, even though it had fast travel markers to every part of the city

B. Morrowind NPCs had no actual scripted AI schedules, they just stood in one place, or walked back and fort in a line over and over. Newer game's NPCs do have scripted AI schedules, which takes up many times more processing power then a Morrowind NPC did.

C. And the biggest one of all, Morrowind lacked actual physics for its items, everything was just placed in one spot, and ou could only pick it up, or drop it right where you were. Diamond City's exterior space as literally thousands of physics enabled objects laying around, which in turn costs much more processing power.

Its like comparing GTA to Elder Scrolls/Fallout, GTA cities are so big because the entire game world is nothing but static objects that cant be interacted with, and NPCs with no AI or schedules beyond walking around the block over and over.

It just boggles my mind how people can be this fucking ignorant of how games work
>>
>>147173439
>The size of vivec was one of THE most singularly complained about parts of the game, with its being near universally hated and despised because no one wanted to walk through it. Even the smaller Imperial city from Oblivion got massive hate for its needless size, even though it had fast travel markers to every part of the city

Hi Todd. What are you doing here, don't you have mods to repurpose as DLC?
>>
>>147173439
yeah but bigger is better so whatever. i'd rather have a diamond city split into a few loading screens with a few tens more npcs, give it an "actual city" feel rather than "a couple shacks in the middle of a green" feel
>>
>>147172035
>This is incredibly stupid because that's exactly how it's supposed to be

Dude there is literally nothing besides like four houses. There is no indication that Winterhold was ever as big or as important as stated by the residents. Bethesda did a shoddy job portraying a large city lost to the sea. There's no rubble at the bottom of the cliff, no way to help rebuild, fucking nothing.
>>
>>147173173
Witcher 3
>>
>>147173589
>yeah but bigger is better so whatever. i'd rather have a diamond city split into a few loading screens with a few tens more npcs, give it an "actual city" feel rather than "a couple shacks in the middle of a green" feel
You might, but given how much people railed against New Vegas for doing that tyr to to make the Strip bigger, and how much people hated the Imperial city for doing it to make it bigger, you are not the majority.

I, personally, would rather have smaller towns that let me get a feel of the local culture, but that I can easily go into to, find what I need to find, and then leave so I can actually play the game, then spend 20 minutes walking/driving from one objective to the other ala GTA because they padded out the city with nothing but blank space.
>>
File: 1450357576574.png (84 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1450357576574.png
84 KB, 240x228
>>147173589
>hear about the upperclass stands district in DC
>oh that sounds cool, I'll check it out
>it's just 2 shacks and a bar
>>
File: 1436024154183.jpg (162 KB, 1024x705) Image search: [Google]
1436024154183.jpg
162 KB, 1024x705
Who /dozensofsettlementhalfbuilt/ here?
>>
>>147173718
See
>>147173439
>Its like comparing GTA to Elder Scrolls/Fallout, GTA cities are so big because the entire game world is nothing but static objects that cant be interacted with, and NPCs with no AI or schedules beyond walking around the block over and over.

Replace GTA with Witcher 3, it does the same shit in its large city as GTA does.

nd I recall quite a few comments from people on the Witcher forums complaining about it being overly large, not being able to interact with 90 of the shit in the city, and the same complaints games like Morrowind and GTa have.
>>
File: sotha sil.jpg (268 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
sotha sil.jpg
268 KB, 1600x900
>>147173718
Most of Witcher 3's houses couldn't be entered.
Like I said, it's a serious bitch to build big cities.
>>
>>147172075
Fallout 3: Its me, 3dog!! I know your father, and he told me you were straight out of the vault, so, before I tell you literally one sentence, I need you to go and kill 40 supermutants in the middle of DC, which so happens to be infested in supermutants! Dont worry, you are the main character!!

It's me, your father, you won't understand how this purification can work, go clean the drainage pipes retard. I know you have 10 intelligence, or the equivalent of like a 300 IQ, go go! Shoo!

Welp, the enclave are the evil bad guy, because they killed your dad, please go sacrifice yourself even though your companion is immune to radiation, we need an ending to this game after all!

Fallout 4: We added a voiced protag and default camera angles during speech, what, did you want to rp as someone who isn't a white male/female who cares about their kid? What are you, a nerd?

Fallout 3 and 4 rely on the gimmick of a family member in peril, Dad in F3 and Shaun in F4. They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care. In a rpg, the character needs to be open, so the player can form a canon for whatever character they want to rp. This is of course different for some games where you play a specific character, such as the Witcher. A voiced protag and camera angles in F4 are horrible for rp, personally, I like to do my second or third run through the game as a roided up nigger, who takes drugs and kills most everyone. This is not possible when the game has chosen a white male voiced protag who the game decides cares about his kid and gives you no options other than say, killing Kellog. During that interaction, every option is getting mad and yelling, it is an on rails game, which is great for an action game, not a RPG. In new vegas, you confront Benny and you are presented the option of joining him, New Vegas shows it is a RPG, unlike F3 or 4, which is the problem, not the gameplay issue of clothing.
>>
Why exactly did the Children of Atom become so violent?
>>
>>147174159
>why did a bunch of pissant tribals become so violent
>>
>>147173305
Bethesda fucking knows how to make large cities. Hell anyone with a copy of gta could probably make a large city just by seeing how R* did it.

The problem is that with Bethesda's level of detail, and their games having their focus way the fuck outside of cities, it's not worth the time to both making cities more than what they are. You can't have all the clutter that reacts to physics and individual and persistent npcs with schedules and a story and a house you can enter and see their tastes in literature and rummage through their drawers. Not without expending more resources in making the game and upping the minimum to running the game
>>
File: 377160_20160628183655_1.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160628183655_1.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>147173861
Me. I'm trying to fortify longfellow's cabin, but I'm not sure where to go from here.
>>
>>147174108
>Fallout 3 and 4 rely on the gimmick of a family member in peril,
So did Fallout 1, 2, and other classic RPGs like Baldur's Gate, and at least one of the NWN1 expansions.

>They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care.
Funny, because I cared, and in the MANY other RPGs I know of with the family member in peril plot, I recall most people caring about them despite only knowing them for all of 10 minutes.

>This is not possible when the game has chosen a white male
The only think making Nate a white male if your choice of skin color
>INB4 the many times debunked BUT HIS ACCENT! argument

>In new vegas, you confront Benny and you are presented the option of joining him
Which makes literally zero sense given your background with him, making it ltierally an option for the sake of options without any thought into if it makes sense of not, destroying the beliveability of your character and that option and ruining the whole point of giving an option in the first place.
>>
>>147174159
failure of leadership
>>
>>147174284
But all they were in 3 were these cultists who hung around in Megatron, I don't see why they became a cross-east coast semi-military power.
>>
>>147173887
>>147174287

>games can't make big cities, that's impossible to do with detail if you're making an open world
>mentions open world games with big cities
>WELL THOSE ARE TOO BIG AND FALLOUT 4 ACTUALLY DOES IT RIGHT

hahahahahahaha you're a shill, confirmed
>>
>>147174489
>Megatron
why did i lol?
>>
>>147174108
>They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care.
Fucking what?

by that logic no one could ever feel any emotion for any character in a movie, book, or TV show, or feel any emotion for a character losing their family in a movie book or TV show, because those people aren't real and aren't related to you.

And yet that shit fucking gets millions tearing up IRL.

That is one of the singularly most retarded comments I have ever seen someone make on /FOG/
>>
>>147174545
But that's true. Both of those games have big cities that are more or less just used as a landscape. You can't enter every single building, you can't enter most buildings
>>
>>147169874
face where?
>>
>>147174784
Like Fallout 4 where Concord is just a setpiece with like 4 buildings you can enter
>>
>>147175176
Concord isn't an inhabited town, what a fucking terrible false comparison.
>>
>>147175176
4 buildings with load doors, but at almost a third of the remaining buildings you could still walk into. It's the sacrifice bethesda had to make in order to get the scale of the world feeling large enough. It's the same technique R* uses, though Bethesda has a better ratio of buildings that are more than glorified backdrop.
>>
>>147174431
>fallout 1 and 2 also did

Fallout A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: Vault 13's water chip broke, you need to find a new one.

Note: Character backround is very open, arguably tied to vault you do not care about, though that is a fucking stretch.

Fallout 2 A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: We have no water, find a GECK.

Did you play these games?

>Funny, because I cared, and in the MANY other RPGs I know of with the family member in peril plot, I recall most people caring about them despite only knowing them for all of 10 minutes.

Well you are playing someone else's character, not your own, that is the point. Fallout is a game where you make your own character, you care about what you care about, not what the game shoves down your throat.

>The only think making Nate a white male if your choice of skin color

We missed the point again, didn't we. If the character I want to play is a 2 INT retard who uses drugs constantly, then we get to hear him talking like a sophisticated human, that breaks the immersion.

>Which makes literally zero sense given your background with him

So it would be better if you had no options, if, it was just a cutscene with no ability to choose what your character says? Ok toddy, I'll buy your next dlc.

Seriously though, you miss the point again, you don't know what someone wants to rp as, you need to give them the option, my first time through New Vegas I chose to help Benny.
>>
>>147174585
>by that logic no one could ever feel any emotion for any character in a movie, book, or TV show, or feel any emotion for a character losing their family
>what is the difference from a role playing game and a narrative?

I don't care about people because the game tells me to, that is what happens in F3 and F4.

>durr ur a retard!!!!!1
>>
>>147175385
>It's the same technique R* uses
R* makes massive game worlds
FO4 is 10min jaunt from one side to the other

>>147175289
Oh, so you mean the shanty settlements with 1-4 buildings. Okay.
>>
>>147175568
I don't think you know what the word technique means.
>>
>>147175773
kill yourself
>>
>>147175773
Yes, I do. And I said R* actually has the massive game world to back up its use. Not a a small world that takes you 10min to go across.

But of course you're just going to say but muh physics
>>
>>147174373
At this point, you just need a shit ton of AA.
>>
>>147175392
>Did you play these games?
Did you?

Fallout 2 fucking PLAYS the god damn family card, what with your mother, aunt, and cousin all being in danger of dying due to a lack of water
>>
THE ENCLAVE GOT THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR
>>
>>147175542
>I don't care about people because the game tells me to, that is what happens in F3 and F4.
I didn't care about them because the game tells me too, I cared because i'm not an apathetic asshole who can't relate to others and can feel bad for people who have to go through an experience I know I would feel bad had it happened to me.

And people wonder why mass shootings are so common with such people like you in the world
>>
>>147175965
You could've fooled me. The technique is "make a building that is basically a backdrop you can't do shit with in order to make the game world seem bigger". R* uses it heavily in their GTA games and Bethesda has been using it in Fallout. R* and Bethesda work on completely different levels of scale and also different levels of detail.
>>
File: laughing securitrons.png (806 KB, 961x541) Image search: [Google]
laughing securitrons.png
806 KB, 961x541
>protectrons
>follows orders without question
>built-in weapons
>standard reliable lasers, can fire both of them at the same time too
>feels no fear, mercy or remorse
>can have limbs blown off and still keep truckin
>variety of sweet paintjobs

>coursers
>can be talked down ie chase
>weapons can be shot out of their hand, stolen etc
>piddly blue flashlights
>can feel fear (x6-88 is afraid of flying) mercy and remorse (chase)
>are basically humans so loss of limb=loss of blood+pain=death
>all of them wear dumb leather trench coats
Why is the institute so bad
>>
>>147176631
So that it's even easier to hate them.
>>
>>147176035
I don't want to imagine getting invaded by flying anglers, gulpers, wolves, yao guai, and fog crawlers.
>>
File: F4 sucks.png (226 KB, 1622x549) Image search: [Google]
F4 sucks.png
226 KB, 1622x549
>>147176631
B_______
>>
Trying to max happiness the Slog, do ghouls count as human for the purpose of happiness values? Or are they maxed at 50 like robots on Graygarden are
>>
File: failed F.E.V experiment.jpg (36 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
failed F.E.V experiment.jpg
36 KB, 600x300
who cares about realism in a rpg w/e ghouls and talking super mutants
>>
>>147176786
anti aliasing
>>
>>147176631
they just needed an enemy for the brotherhood of steel to kill

they didnt really care about giving them more depth than "they r bad okay?!!!1!"

they also made them the stupidest faction, which is ironic because they are meant to be geniuses
>>
>>147176803
Obsidiot logic at its finest
>>
File: 1447573201962.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447573201962.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
So we all agree that:
nuka cola = plebs
sunset sarsaparrilla = normal people
vim = patrician
>>
>>147177428
He asked why the institute is shit
>>
>>147177449
nope

nuka cola = normal people

sunset sarsaparilla = weird motherfuckers who live in the god damn desert

vim = hipsters
>>
Thoughts ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nenXX9wQRY
>>
>>147177709
*hipsters unless you are from far harbor
>>
>>147169874

BEST DOA
>>
Any good psychic powers mod yet? I want to play a telekinetic guy flinging bandits around.
>>
File: disgust1.jpg (81 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
disgust1.jpg
81 KB, 259x383
>>147169723
I hate how every swingin dick npc thinks mirelurks are a joke

that asshole at the dugout inn for example

youd get your shit pushed in by a mirelurk of any variety so keep your fucking mouth shut
>>
>>147178215
Mirelurks are piss easy if you've got mines or skill with bouncing grenades under them.
>>
File: Tops.jpg (211 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Tops.jpg
211 KB, 1024x768
>>147178215

A MIRHLRRKHKK?! Come on man that's like 1 out of 10 TOPS
>>
>>147178304
doesnt sound like something an average asshole would do
>>
>>147178215
Basic Mirelurks ARE shit though
>>
>>147178370
I hear him saying that everytime I read word "Mirelurk"
>>
File: 1466604819605.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1466604819605.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
just realize that I cheated on using legendary modification
can't go back now
hold me
>>
When the fuck will weapon mods come out? Are we just fucked because nobody cares to mod bethesda games anyone since they've hidden it all behind proprietary software?
>>
>>147178850
There are at least 100 weapon mods on nexus
>>
File: dolan2.jpg (39 KB, 622x245) Image search: [Google]
dolan2.jpg
39 KB, 622x245
>>147178215
>tfw blowing up mirelurk shells with explosive weapons
>>
>>147178951
And they're all fucking trash carbon copies of vanilla weapons "pipe weapon overhaul" shit, and "le complexity is here because we'rve changed the upgrade names" trash. Where's the plasma rifles? The chainsaws? Super sledge? Bethesda serious dropped the ball on this game. There's literally no fucking content.
>>
>>147179242
8/10 if bait
>>
>>147179242

>Where's the plasma rifles?

FO4 has one

>The chainsaw?

FO4 has two

>Super sledge?

FO4 has one

lmao try harder
>>
>>147172469
>https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/4qsync/mod_rel_tinas_cookiepocolypse_quest_30_combined/
top kek
>>
I just got to the institute
>post ending with 5 chooses whether or not I kill father on site
>>
>>147178710
>Bethesda has accepted they've just make waifu simulators now
>Spent most of Fallout 4's development time creating tools for building doll houses for your waifus
>Now adding assets for lewd mods

I wonder if Todd cries himself to sleep at night on his king-size bed made of $100 bills at what his company has become.
>>
>>147179242
There's a lot of good grenade mods.
>>
>>147179520
>he has to put all his mods together just to get people to download it
>>
File: 134a9h.gif (3 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
134a9h.gif
3 MB, 360x270
>>147179520
>Darren thread, full of balllickers
>>
>>147179520
>even reddit hates him and downvotes him
>>
>>147179795
>>147179678
>>147179520

you guys sure are tsundere for him
>>
>>147179795
He was actually banned from the main modding subreddit

And best of all is that this is his mod contest entry, and it's pretty much trashed on Bethesda.net, so he's got no chance
>>
File: every day.jpg (447 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
every day.jpg
447 KB, 612x816
>>147179520
>still jealous of Bethesda and salty that they didn't bring back paid mods
>>
>>147172469
>He actually thinks he's on the same level as Trainwiz
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mlEwVnGXTU

Nate's voice actor seems like a cool guy
>>
>>147179962
Ok darren
>>
>>147176803
This pic is funny just because of how wrong it is

1. Airborne FEV doesn't exist, its been explicitly stated by Tim Cain, and agreed upon by Chris A and Bethesda that radiation is the sole cause of general mutation in the wastes.

2. Big MT's teleportion requires a rather large satellite, and the transportalponder to work. The Institutes teleportation requires a very small room, and a courser chip smaller then the transportalponder to work.

3. Curie developed a cure for all known diseases, but The Institute never TRIED to do it because they are robotics people, not biology people. Saying Curie outsmarted them is like saying a rocket scientist outdid a geneticist when they were working on two entirely different projects

4. The Shi did things to improve the land they lived on, The Institute doesn't live in the irradiated world, and thus has no need for those things. Its a total false comparison.

5. It didn't take the Institute 210 years to make a cure for FEV, hell, they only had FEV for 100 years, and only Virgil ever worked on making a cure

6. As stated in Fallout 1/2, the only AI invented before the war commuted suicide as it overthought itself. The Institute is actually the first group to develop stable working AI

Everything stated in this pic is so wrong its hilarious
>>
File: vaultthumbsup.jpg (35 KB, 728x498) Image search: [Google]
vaultthumbsup.jpg
35 KB, 728x498
>>147169723
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10641417
http://www.strawpoll.me/10641417
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10641417
http://www.strawpoll.me/10641417
>>
Why did he go so far downhill so fast? His elevator and moving bridge mods seemed pretty cool. If darren had just kept a low profile no one would think he's such a shitter
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15856/?
>>
File: 4740074-8212696575-Q2SJg.gif (488 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
4740074-8212696575-Q2SJg.gif
488 KB, 640x360
>>147180045
>>
>>147180290
>How would you prevent gun violence
Shit poll. Kill yourself.
>>
>>147180421
anonymous that wouldnt be fallout related (:
>>
>>147179579
do it
>>
>>147180183
>4. The Shi did things to improve the land they lived on, The Institute doesn't live in the irradiated world, and thus has no need for those things. Its a total false comparison.
And yet they're doing them anyway with plans to kill the family afterward
>>
>>147180421
Not poll-anon, but that's the website foisting polls on people.
>>
>>147180302
You mean his mods that were just something literally anyone could do?
Darren was like this even since Skyrim's time. His actual original content is complete and total shit. Never forget the giant billboard saying "DEDICATED TO THE US ARMY" in one of his quest mods
>>
>>147180421
>>147180290

fucking /pol/ still leaking here on /vg/
>>
File: 1466810907254.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466810907254.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>147179579
>>147180515
>>
Easiest (You)s of my life.
>>
>>147180075
Trainwiz actually has experience making and coding games, Darren's a fat guy who lives in an echo chamber
>>
>>147180176
>I just set dog meat on fire for crying out loud!
>>
>>147180519
>with plans to kill the family afterward
Except as we can see if you complete the project, they do no such thing
>>
File: 20160701180929_1.jpg (201 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
20160701180929_1.jpg
201 KB, 1360x768
>>147120325
And now with a little more detailing.

Too far? Not enough?

I'm still learning this as I go, so I'm just trying to produce something not shit.
>>
>>147180176
Didn't he offer to do voice acting for mods?
>>
File: 377160_20160701111104_1.png (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160701111104_1.png
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>147177353
Increasing image quality doesn't help with defenses.
>>
>>147179520
so we should love him right?
>>
>>147180774
Better, but you need piping or some sort of rods holding up those subway lights
Some soulless motivational posters wouldn't be out of place either
>>
>>147180774
needs floor clutter/garbage
>>
>>147180515
Ok
>>
>>147180843
True but it makes your screenshots not look cancerous aids.
>>
>>147180925
Can you put your train in me and take a wiz?
>>
File: weapon variant complainers BTFO.png (101 KB, 643x401) Image search: [Google]
weapon variant complainers BTFO.png
101 KB, 643x401
>tfw you realize you're just entitled for daring to think bethesda would add features
>>
File: 20160701182031_1.jpg (160 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
20160701182031_1.jpg
160 KB, 1360x768
>>147180925
They're meant to be wall-mounted. Any suggestions for something that might be a bit more suitable off the top of your head? I'm only really using them right now because they *looked* to be the best option at the time.

>>147180945
Trying to avoid overdoing it, plus it's hard to justify where all the scrap would be from - the place is meant to have been almost entirely untouched. I'll see if I can't at least stain it up and make it look a bit more water-damaged or something to that effect.
>>
>>147181414
>They're meant to be wall-mounted.
Right, but put small piping or evidence of bolting behind them.
>>
Wow, I didn't expect so many people to hate fallout in a fallout general.
>>
Don't forget to clean your mods anon.
>>
File: 377160_20160630141345_1.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
377160_20160630141345_1.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>147181614
what ps1 game is this?
>>
>>147181614
Just fucking cut my eyes out already fampai
>>
File: 1110664201994.jpg (84 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
1110664201994.jpg
84 KB, 449x642
>>147181675
>>147181738
I'm playing on a laptop
>>
>>147181771
>playing fallout 4 unironically
>>
>>147181391
this is why I love Bethesdrones.
No one loves eating shit as much as them
>>
>>147181391
i hate this train of thought. fucking disgusting.
>>
>>147181942
Fallout 5 will have 1 gun and you can mod it to be a sword or a plasma flamer or whatever you want it'll be awesome
>>
>>147181391
>have over 400 hours in NV
>almost never used .45-70 or All-Murrican
Now what?
>>
>>147182059

that would be much better
>>
>>147182137
I found the All-American once
The texture was bugged so I threw it in a safe and used the SMMG to tear through legion ass like their boyfriends did on their first night
>>
Was there a patch to reduce Minutemen quests or something? I have none active right now and I've had Radio Freedom on for like 10 hours and haven't gotten any.
>>
>>147182059
so if you mod the gun into a sword its not a gun anymore. or will it be a sworded gun
>>
>>147182059
That would actually be a relatively neat concept, for an indie game with around 8 hours of playtime.

Switching out modules as and when they're relevant could make some interesting gameplay, but I doubt Bethesda could pull it off in a way that it was still fun or relevant after 10-20 hours of gameplay, let alone 100 or more.
>>
>>147182369
Yes.
>>
>>147182137
I also never used the AA or the .45-70 either simply because really love shotguns and bolt actions. Magnum shells and slugs for close-medium range pump fun and bolt actions for long distance love taps. Which is why i'm so terribly disappointed with FO4 fucking up hard when it comes to either firearm type.
>>
File: 9528-6-1454754950.jpg (422 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9528-6-1454754950.jpg
422 KB, 1920x1080
>>147182386

A gun is still a gun, even if you can't fire it
>>
File: 1465705040377.gif (2 MB, 190x300) Image search: [Google]
1465705040377.gif
2 MB, 190x300
>>147183000
>no 12.7mm SMG, Laser RCW, or Hunting Shotgun in Fallout 4
>>
>>147183281

>12.7mm

What the fuck is this meme ammunition?
>>
>>147182059
>Fallout 5 will have 1 gun and you can mod it to be a sword or a plasma flamer or whatever you want it'll be awesome

Fallout 5 will have no guns, only rocks, pointy sticks and hand weapons.
You will awake in the wasteland naked and have no memories, you will spend your time making shelters, crude clothes, and eating raw meat, insects and berries.
You can join the Wild Dogs, the Groundhog, or the Grass Grazers factions.

You will discover fire and be cast out of all the factions. Eventually you will meet other humans and be enslaved and castrated.
You will die.
>>
>>147183000
>Magnum shells and slugs for close-medium range pump fun
I like your style, friend.
>>
>>147183582
It's basically .50AE under a different name.
>>
File: NewVegasGuide.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1642) Image search: [Google]
NewVegasGuide.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1642
I made a modding/starter guide for New Vegas.

Opinions? Suggestions?
>>
>>147183281
>no ammo types
>no pump action
>bolt actions fucked up beyond belief
>no consequences that match your characters level of importance
>no perks affecting your dialogue choices
>really interesting locations where nothing actually happens

It feels like Bethesda had this list of shit i like in RPGs and sat around a table with all their lead designers and then Todd said "You see this shit? I want none of it in the game. Your fucking job depends on it!"
My only hope is that in a year or two modders will actually manage to salvage at least some of this shit show.
>>
>>147183820
>New Vegas
Trash
>>
File: 20160701015427_1.jpg (168 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160701015427_1.jpg
168 KB, 1600x900
How fun is the new ghoul storm in True Storms?
>>
>>147183939
>>
so synth armor is the best armor?

But why? It looks fucking dumb. I mean...there is no protection from your bellybutton to your balls.
>>
>>147183820
>no mention of DarN UI
Trash.
>>
>>147169723
what are the damage multipliers in survival mode for the character?

1.5?
>>
File: 1463725389792.gif (471 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1463725389792.gif
471 KB, 300x300
>>147184039
when I read ghoul storm, I imagine ghouls teleporting into the world through lightning strikes.
>>
>>147180183
>6. As stated in Fallout 1/2, the only AI invented before the war commuted suicide as it overthought itself. The Institute is actually the first group to develop stable working AI
What is Skynet
What is ZAX
>>
>>147184175
marine is best with far harbor
heavy as shit though
>>
>>147184296
That's totally possible
>>
>>147183820
its nice for a starters guide and idk since im not a long time new vegas modder but should project nevada be there? and maybe fco and readius and weapon wheel. thats some stuff i'd add. im really plebian when it comes to nv modding but i love the game so much.
>>
>>147184325
holy fuck how about I just use power armor instead?

Seriously.

Looks cool though.
>>
Thinking of doing a new hardcore run. What should my ss be?
>>
>>147180183
>6. As stated in Fallout 1/2, the only AI invented before the war commuted suicide as it overthought itself. The Institute is actually the first group to develop stable working AI

Wrong. When you speak to ZAX, it indicates that a large of AI did indeed become suicidal, but enough did survive for the program to be worthwhile.
>>
>>147185034
Human
>>
>Always loved playing a retarded bloodthirsty character with superhuman strength
>Fallout 4 does not let me roleplay a retarded character because the character talks

People paid for this?
>>
>>147185071
Wow such helpful
>>
>>147185034
A math teacher.

No chems.
Only pistols.
High science and robotics focus.
>>
File: noice.png (154 KB, 1044x792) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
154 KB, 1044x792
>tfw NMM reminds you that you have games you forgot you had installed installed

>tfw you don't have to redownload your favorite games you thought you didn't still have installed

all I wanted to do was make fallout 4 worth playing but now I'm tempted to play something else
>>
>>147184712
Project Nevada is pretty pleb tier. It's like the STALKER Complete of New Vegas.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkJn5N77jM
>contraptions will never be this
>>
File: 20160701145949_1.jpg (257 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160701145949_1.jpg
257 KB, 1600x900
I guess it's back to Vivid Weather
>>
>>147185384
What is the MISERY of fallout modding?
>>
>>147173861
My settlements consist entirely of a small shack with 20 sleeping bags inside.
Apart from Croup Manor.
That's an easy place to get looking alright.
>>
Does it matter what type of bed you build for your settlers?
>>
>>147162925
>its not the same design
the original had 4 eye stalks and 4 limbs
the one in repconn had 4 eye stalks and 4 limbs

the only change made from 1/2-3 was the removal of a limb from each part and a much smaller thruster portion
>>
>>147185116
Fallout 4 doesn't let you play anything but a concerned, bereaved parent who is to retarded to realize shaUn might be anything buy a wee baby. As least in NV you could ignore Benny from the beginning and go try to make a new life.
>>
>>147185546
No.
>>
>>147185190
Molotovs? To sciencey?
>>
what is a good armor that is effective but doesnt' clip though everything? the marine armor cips like a motherfucker.
>>
>>147185449
nothing is as bad as MISERY
>>
>>147185785
>how to have no clipping armor in fo4
step 1:
uninstall.exe
>>
just wondering, do you guys ever play some kind of fallout tabletop?
>>
>>147185785
My old stand-by is ballistic-mesh army fatigues with some sturdy combat armor over them.

Looks not-shit and has crazy defensive values.

If only we could put balistic mesh on a marine wetsuit or a power armor plug suit.
>>
>>147185961
Wait, todd is even jewing people with figurines and tabletop shit game workshop style?
>>
>>147185738
Far too unsafe. You might burn yourself or something. Besides, do you really think a pencilneck is going to be able to actually throw a molotov far enough for it to be useful? A math teacher would prefer a far safer plasma grenade.
>>
>>147169723
>>147169985
it has to do with your potty mouth would be my guess. not requesting change merely interpreting.
>>
>>147186086
the only two tabletop i have in mind are a fan-game (so free) and a cancelled/unbranded official thing (the original probably got leaked at some point)
>>
>>147186086

You know that Josh "Salty" Sawyer made a Fallout pnp game, right?
>>
>>147185384
what would you suggest anon. im open to suggestions, but ill probably not use it for awhile. i dont want to start over.
>>147185961
i have some friends who've played fallout equestria and swear by it that its the best depiction of fallout in tabletop form.
>>
File: 2006.png (529 KB, 643x361) Image search: [Google]
2006.png
529 KB, 643x361
>>147183820
>is this game playable without mods
no, it needs several fan patches and utilities to run for more than 30 minutes but they're easy to get going
>no darnUI
>recommending NV uncut
>recommending CCO
>recommending oHUD
>DUST outside of extras
shit tier mod recommendations

also
>Fallout New Vegas and Mod Organizer
oh shit nigger what are you doing?

>>147185961
what? like pic related?
>>
Are the moders waiting for the full release of the game (base+all DLC)? because the FO4 mod comunity is kinda dead.

I just see like 10 or 20 mods that you must have but the other is just shit to say a word.
>>
>>147186135
Energy weapons then, uh, only the manageble smaller pistols though
>>
>>147186326
>like pic related?
yes
>>
>>147186404
Big quest mods take time man
>>
>>147186539
Lazy ass
>>
>>147186404
It took like, two years for Skyrim to really hit it's stride. Be fucking patient.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-06-10 13-56-25-98.jpg (449 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-06-10 13-56-25-98.jpg
449 KB, 1920x1080
>>147186618
All big things take time, did you really think that you'd get Enderal sized quest mods within a few months of the CK coming out?
>>
>>147186714

lmao

They want stuff NOW, nevermind it takes time and modders do it on their own time
>>
>use DD castle patch
>even with the navmesh fix NPC dont go near the walls
>unistall and fix the wall myself
>Institute synth spawn inside the walls i place

And thats why this build system is shit.

I hope nuka world is good. and you can buy those dank Nuka-Protectrons.

>>147186539
>>147186623

I know mods take time. but im not talking about quest or larger mods. is just sad to see that all is Slutty vault suit and one gorrillion of variations. and retexture of PA.

the only thing good is that the Weap department allways release new stuff.
>>
>>147185384
Nothing wrong with PN, it's pretty customizable and the new items are nice. VATS is shit so BT is a nice alternative if you don't want to skip the concept completely. Its loot scarcity and cyberware plugins are pretty useful.
>>
>>147187281
its only synths that can do that

raiders/animal attacks dont unless theres no way for them to path from their spawn to inside the settlement, enjoy.
>>
>>147186404
have you actually used the GECK/CK
>it crashes a lot
>still errors when things are in the right place
>have to save every 2 clicks
its a bitch to work with and its just come out
in other words shit takes time
>>
File: Image22-585x300.jpg (29 KB, 585x300) Image search: [Google]
Image22-585x300.jpg
29 KB, 585x300
Any tips on grinding out affinity for Nick?
>>
>>147185980
Holy shit that works? God dammit.
>>
File: Fallout 4_20160625202222.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4_20160625202222.jpg
404 KB, 1920x1080
>>147185785
Call me a Pleb but I like BOS Officer's Uniform with BOS Combat Armor.
>>
>>147187980
Someone forcefeed that bitch a sandwich
>>
File: ScreenShot60.png (94 KB, 220x236) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot60.png
94 KB, 220x236
>>147185279
>no grimrock

why not
>>
>>147187810
~
>>
File: 20160607122652_1.jpg (102 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
20160607122652_1.jpg
102 KB, 1280x1024
Any news from the sicrit hug club?

>>147187638
Yes i have. using my 2 GB ram shit pc and it didnt crash like you say. maybe you are working in something more extense. im just using it to edit settlements, Weapons and NPC.

>>147187810
Railroad quest whit him.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 192

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.