[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 141
File: PlumettingPlayerbase.png (306 KB, 751x603) Image search: [Google]
PlumettingPlayerbase.png
306 KB, 751x603
Plummeting Playerbase Edition

>Stellaris OP:
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
[YouTube] Civilization 6 - Official Announcement Trailer

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Nuked by Gandhi: >>146646674
>>
>>146939621
you mean like an applied/basic research split with randomness thrown in?
>>
>>146940136
A-ayy. See >>146940157
>>
File: reefing.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reefing.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>146940252
Is this the community balance patch
I need to get around to trying it
>>
>>146940181
To elaborate, take the Laser research line. Red Lasers and Blue Lasers shouldn't even be separate techs: the difference between red and blue is laughably small compared to the difference between UV and XRay and XRay to Gamma (especially since Gamma can go to essentially infinite energy/photon), but that aside the principle behind all five are exactly the same - there's no functional difference to the physics used to create that shit.
What would be nice is a separate Theoretical and Engineering tree for each type - Theoreticals unlock a shitton of Inventions that cover broad areas (to use a contemporary example, Radio Signalling (Theory) would of course lead to Radio as an invention which gives passive buffs and stuff, and unlocks a few Engineering techs that can be researched to get things you have to manually build but often provide very few bonuses on their own (RADAR stations really don't harness anything spectacular so it's a rather useless breakthrough until you build RADAR stations).
Then there's the segred techs that pop up randomly (changing based on how good you are at tech and how skilled your lead scientists are) and stay available as soon as they pop up. Stuff like Sentient AI, P=NP, Grand Unified Theory, Mind Mapping, etc. might be things you get. Most of them will be Theoretical, a few might be Engineering (Tachyon Lances for example, since from a physics point of view they're fucking absurd and shouldn't even be controllable since you'd have to change the effect to retcon the cause in the future). These may be gamebreakingly strong but they might not even appear in the 150 years you play, because they represent true breakthroughs, and there's the big RNG Paradox might've wanted to go for - some empires will prosper just because they discovered this one thing that gives them an almighty edge, while others will fall because they didn't.
>>
We actually made it to post limit last thread. That's encouraging.
Don't leave me /4xg/, losing the Starsector general hurt too much. I can't lose another decent general.
>>
How would you guys do a fun, interesting, and deep research system?

>private and public research institutes
>institutes are abstract conceptions, and each researches exactly one project
>projects come in three flavors; technologies, fields, and frontiers.
>all technologies are repeatable, with each tech having several different repeatable fields such as "miniaturization", "efficiency", etc
>all technologies belong in a field, some in multiple fields, and researching field repeatable improves all technologies within that field
>fields can be sub-fields of other fields; for example, quantum physics is a sub-field of physics in general
>frontiers are the initial investment of research required to open up their respective field
>there is no tech web or tech tree; rather, techs are opened for investment based on their distance to other, researched techs, with more heavily researched techs providing more weight
>it is not necessary to have researched a field's frontier to access a tech within it, but the probability of it being open for research is heavily penalized for every field its in that you haven't opened up
>research on fields, or on frontiers for fields you haven't discovered, is given a bonus for techs you have researched in that field and how heavily they have been researched
>if a project hasn't been opened to research yet, its probability is re-evaluated every year.
>all possible techs, fields, and frontiers are listed in the research screen, and you can set either their discrete funding or their funding percentages.
>public research institutes you can tell directly what to research, but they receive maluses for underfunding
>private research institutes will tend to research whatever has the most funding
>there's always a chance that some unaffiliated institute will make a breakthrough discovery for anything, possibly even stuff you didn't know was possible yet
>>
>>146940912
Merge this with >>146940805, adding an Engineering and Theoretical branch to all bottom-level fields and get the random techs
Also make it so different governments might have different functions - a democracy might have a much higher chance of getting unaffiliated stuff but something like Theocratic might get a boost to whatever they're focusing on, although unaffiliated are unlikely to do much
>>
>>146940912
>miniaturization
>efficiency
Eh
I don't know about that being an institute thing, it makes more sense as a Vicky 2 Invention system where it just repeats up to a certain point (there's a hard physical limit on what you can achieve with a certain level of technology)
>>
>>146941069
That's sorta what I was going for with technologies, but it can be resolved with sub-fields.
For example, laser weapons aren't a technology, but rather, they're a field called "lasers", the technology within that field would be the various laser weapons.
>>
>>146941165
Remember, an institute isn't just a university or a think-tank, they're also engineering labs and so forth; if it makes it better, imagine fields being only studied by proper universities, while technologies are developed by engineering firms and graduate students looking for a doctoral project.
>>
So I'm the guy who had his first fleet disappear for 8 years before realizing it was bugged

I attempted a fix for it based on a YouTube video and it fixed it but it went missing again and I got mad and decided it was ducked and deleted it entirely I'll just start over
>>
>>146941234
Eh but I don't think fields should be a repeatable thing - the technologies inside that field already cover advancement in that field. The Frontier is basically Theoretical ain't it? I mean it doesn't make much sense that researching electromagnetism makes railguns stronger for some reason, like no the concept behind railguns has essentially reached maturity.

>>146941308
Yeah but I don't think it should be something explicitly researched but something that generally happens over time, at least for certain technologies with civilian applications
You don't need the US gov to fund Intel to make their chips more efficient or you didn't back when AMD actually provided meaningful competition get your shit together chinks for example, because they have an incentive to do so. Similarly I doubt miniature capacitors acting as AA batteries that can power apartment blocks will need government funding - there's incentive from the civilian population who are itching to buy it to play on their Sony Playstation Invictus XXXVI
>>
>>146941234
Eve online usually has two separate types of weapons in a given weapon type

It uses pulse lasers for short range and beams for long range. They do different damage but each has a trade off. Pulses work great at short range but are garbage at long. Beams are great at long but shit at short

Other weapons include automatons for short range higher damage and artillery for long range less damags

Missiles work on the same principle. Torpedoes are short and cruise missiles are long
>>
>>146941165
>>146941308
Actually, on second thought, that makes a lot more sense. Separate institutes into institutes and labs/workshops/firms; institutes are focused more on fields, but also enjoy a bonus to prototyping new technologies.
labs/workshops/firms are incredibly good at improving existing technologies, or making small leaps, but are almost incapable of improving on fields or exploring frontiers, except for that rare engineer struck with a bolt of inspiration.

for private firms, also simulate a market of how potentially profitable technologies and developments in fields will be; you're not required to give funding to private sources, and in that case they'll just follow the market (which probably means just getting really good at existing stuff).
If you want private firms to focus on unknown technologies, or to break a frontier, you'd have to subsidize them far more. Public firms aren't so expensive, and they focus on whatever you want them to (and thus have no qualm pursuing "moonshots"), but may suffer from some inefficiency.
>>
>>146941509
In the game distant world's or distant universes I can't remember the games name but it had multiple types aswell

Missiles were generally long rnage but each type of missile did a different thing and it had amazing diversity
>>
>>146941509
>>146941591
Eve Online had a lot of issues but it's a testament to its ambition that for good or bad nobody has even tried to emulate it.
>>
>>146941468
>I mean it doesn't make much sense that researching electromagnetism makes railguns stronger for some reason, like no the concept behind railguns has essentially reached maturity.
Fair point; when I thought of that, I was thinking in terms of fields like "materials", and it might not work for all fields.
>>
>>146940912
That all sounds pretty neat.
For me though, a lot of 4x research systems are all based around researching techs from a pool that's more or less shared by all empires.
I'd create a system where the research is found similar to the way resources are. The player would find tech locations that give access to research, representing that this particular location had an anomaly worth studying. Developing tech locations would open up options in further advancements or the location's field.
Now, there'd still have to be access to basic researches such as colonization and such. Though, having colonization research tied to whatever the first life supporting planet discovered is could be interesting.
The idea I have behind this system though is to try and tied research to location. Allow for more unique empires. One particular race has techs that give them predominantly ballistics, while another uses lasers. Advanced tech locations along their borders would be valuable assets.
Another bit I was thinking would be to add a sort of epoch system, where as older tech sites exhaust their research, new sites are mapped out as potential new sites. This could lead to quickly securing new sites by force or through research agreements, where you could cooperate with different empires to gain access to tech locations that your scientists specialize in.
>>
>>146941664
I'm trying to draw comparisons based on the games I've played and how they did balance
>>
File: 1462746045134.gif (823 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
1462746045134.gif
823 KB, 500x399
>>146941580
I like this
Paradox get to work, you need to implement mod hooks that will make this possible ;_________________;

>>146941729
Fair enough I was just praising Eve for overflowing ambition, something very few games seem to have nowadays.
CaoCao.png

>>146941691
I can see some of that working, esp. say advanced Wormhole / Warp engines popping up in empires who are right next to a BH system or a binary pulsar system or something, but for others it doesn't make sense - electromagnetism works the same way everywhere, unless that specific species simply never used electricity.
>>
Is there a mod that closes borders again after 1.2?
>>
>>146941836
>Never used electricity
Even then they'd have to figure out a thing to get to spaceflight. I just don't see fledgling stellar empire powered by non-electricity. Clockwork/diesel/steampunk is all fine for fantasyish stuff, but it's just not that great and they're bound to get a grip on it through studying lightning storms, heck, static electricity even. Or native animals that use it (electric eels on earth), or even biological electricty. But this is kind of getting off topic from me.
>>
>>146942024
Well that depends, if they're near some Rigel-tier star and survive in extremely hot temperatures, there's no reason why just solar and the heat energy can't be used to do work of some sort.
>>
File: 1464914852341.jpg (47 KB, 558x483) Image search: [Google]
1464914852341.jpg
47 KB, 558x483
So, who are the waifus in Civ VI?
>>
>>146942150
None they all look like utter shit
>>
File: mad.jpg (327 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
327 KB, 1920x1080
>it's the "chase the multiple ~1K strength fleets as they worm through hyperspace" episode again

Does the fucking AI get speed bonus for interstellar travel or something? I'm on the same hyperspace engine tier on my ships and they literally can't jump fast enough to catch these niglets.

I just need one more fleet victory to seal this fucking stupid war holy shit I'm so mad right now.
>>
Hello guys, I was giving exams so I stayed out of touch with the new developments
Since I am a Pirate what is the current patch?
Any good mods?
>>
>colonization costs influence now
how much? All these arbitrary and unintuitive game mechanics in an attempt to force players to play tall is getting kinda ridiculous.

>forces you to play tall
>can only win game by blobbing
BRAVO PARAFAGS
>>
>>146942358
30 for inside borders/just on the borders, then scales (not sure if linearly or exponentially or whatever) with distance
>>
>>146942356
On Stellaris, sorry
>>
>>146942356
yes
>>
File: paradox math.jpg (254 KB, 1373x817) Image search: [Google]
paradox math.jpg
254 KB, 1373x817
>>146942358
>>146942446
It scales sensibly, like all things paradox.

Basically, you either bite the bullet and hope you get:
>non-shit leader traits (inb4 slaver again)
>non-shit systems (ONE PHYSICS RESOURCE ASTEROIDS WEW)
>neighbors that won't wall you off with their special snowflake influence-free settlers
>>
>>146942689
where the fuck am i supposed to install the new patch
I get error everytime
>>
>>146943391
Oh, that's probably the new denuvo DRM paradox got with 1.2
>>
>>146943259
>sensibly
Kek
>special snowflake
No anon
YOU are the special, crippled, snowflake here.
>>
>>146943391
uh your /stellaris install directory
>>
>>146943594
>he thinks paying one whole non-fractional unit of influence per "distance" is acceptable
One "distance" is fucking tiny, family.
>>
>>146943780
>reading comprehension
I was laughing at calling it 'sensibly'.
>>
Would getting the Lower Warscore mod be considered cheating with the insanely high values required after 1.1?
>>
>>146944138
Who cares it's singleplayer
>>
>>146944204
I just don't want my victories to be cheap but not being able to vassalise empires that by no means are capable of fighting back properly is just silly
>>
>>146941836
That's why I was saying there would still be a common pool of techs shared by all empires. All the game changing stuff, like new methods of FTL, would be tech locations.
>>
>>146944138
no, it wouldn't make the game easier, all it would do is save time
>>
File: banic.jpg (71 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
banic.jpg
71 KB, 600x480
>uplift a species
>forgot they're repugnant
What do I do?
>>
>>146944840
Gene mode them to not be repugnant. Or did you already use all points? Otherwise, just keep them stuck to their own planet(s).
>>
>>146944938
I glossed over the traits and now they're everywhere shitting up the resource output.
>>
>>146943259
Colonizing a planet on the other side of a foreign empire WOULD require tons of influence.
Pic is basically building a new Gibraltar
>>
>>146945251
>sending a spess ship over requires tons on influence when it takes all of a month to get there
What is the logic behind your post
>>
>>146945251
The porblem is that you have to settle far in early game to make the most use out of the 5 cap. In-border planets are usually tiny garbage and I usually end up spending ~80 for non-retarded choices outside the borders. it's a shitty mechanic.
>>
>>146945332
Imagine if the US just up and built a city just north of Canada and then called it their territory.
Obviously it would take an influential state to do so
>>
>>146945557
Except influence isn't actually influence. It's like political clout or some shit.
>>
>>146945430
The Soft cap isnt affected by planets within already claimed systems anymore though, since Asimov
>>
File: 1464842845555.jpg (29 KB, 361x398) Image search: [Google]
1464842845555.jpg
29 KB, 361x398
>>146945231
you know what to do
>>
>>146945667
Finding multiple habitable planets in a system (let alone worth colonizing and taking the research hit) is a very very unrealistic expectation.
>>
>>146945601
Precisely.
Im guessing the game is calculating distance AROUND the foreign territory as if it was closed borders, rather then through it
>>
>>146945763
Tru nuff, but rampant forward-settling needs a curb somehow, although maybe some mechanic other then influence would be better
>>
>>146945601
>>146945557
>>146945773
>faction A needs 80% support in parliament and the ear of the King to found a new settlement under royal charter that they'd have no control over
>this, instead of political influence over neighboring countries and diplomats to sooth tensions
Cool stuff.
>>
>>146943736
>>146943439
Shitty/incompatible cracked update
Got another one
Oh how I missed yoouuuu
>>
>colonies distant from capital have ethnic divergence malus
>huge research penalty
>cost significant amount of influence
>you can colonize only 5 systems at the same time
do Paradox know that one of four X means eXpand?
>>
>>146946850
It's marketed as Grand Strategy.
>>
>>146946850
I'm more bummed but terraforming. I could live with 10 years if you could go from any type to any type, even if "multiple jumps" would cost more, but having to take several times ten years is just annoying. (Even if terraforming isn't a "decade or so" progress). I mean, they've already shown they're perfectly willing to make breaks from reality with the tech tree
>>
>>146939840
>Civ V is more popular than Stellaris and HoI IV combined
Glad to see the jews are finally being exposed
>>
>>146946971
I'd still be playing ciV if I hadn't played it to death already.
>>
>>146947129
My comp is full of anime.
>>
>>146946971
Paradox games can't compete with Civ series
>>
>>146946971
B-but imagine all those people who bought it from the paracux store and thus have the game without having it registered on Steam!
>>
>>146946971
Civ V is a more accessible game, loved even by relative normies.
>>
>>146940805
Aurora has the best approach to this. First you research theoretical inventions - wavelength, focal size, recharge rate etc. Then you design your own laser weapon based on your theoretical inventions and few other variables like size or mount and research it once again.
>>
>>146946940
Terraforming is horribly broken. Why would I spend time and resources if I can just gene mod pops which cost only few hundred of research points and takes only few months.
>>
>>146947320
Yeah but the autism
>>
How come Stellaris is not in the archive, like how they do it in /gsg/?
>>
Is there a mod that lets you pull up a menu that allows you to make a fleet build order that splits it between all your stations instead of micromanaging each one?
>>
File: statueoflibertbroken.png (2 MB, 1305x608) Image search: [Google]
statueoflibertbroken.png
2 MB, 1305x608
Friendly reminder that
>The +1 Production to unemployed citizens from Statue of Liberty is unimplemented
It might say +1 production, so Unemployed gives +2, but if you look at the calculated yields it is completely unchanged.

LIBERTY FAGS BTFO'D
>>
File: baba.gif (4 MB, 200x360) Image search: [Google]
baba.gif
4 MB, 200x360
>>146948596
>unemployed citizens
>>
Ugh. How can a game full of so many neat little ideas and concepts and filled with so much charm have such a cumbersome, ugly and just terribly designed UI and so much tedious micromanagement?

Fuck that, seriously. So much potential...
>>
>>146948774
It is because of people preaching the Korea+SoL+Sec+Civil Combo.

Unemployed would then provide:
>1 Food
>2 Production
>4 Science

But If they can't even implement it properly, then it is worthless.
>>
>>146948596
I thought that was a known thing
>>
>>146948885
pic related, the village management and crafting 'user interface'
>>
>>146948885
>>146949295
Fuck is this game, looks interesting
Is it torrentable, like to try it first
>>
File: 1460487971962.jpg (30 KB, 785x659) Image search: [Google]
1460487971962.jpg
30 KB, 785x659
>only do light bombing with one corvette to secure planets while the rest of fleet overruns remaining systems
>muh terror bombing
>>
is there a way for me to kill native tribal pops once I've already made a colony in stellaris?
>>
>>146948885
it was pretty cool, lots of interesting things and little stories but got old fucking quick

>>146949493
thea the awakening, yes its torrentable
>>
>>146949754
Thanks lad
already in my cart, will buy if I enjoy
>>
>>146949684
You get the modifier everytime a pop/building is destroyed by bombing
>>
File: ubermollusken.jpg (420 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ubermollusken.jpg
420 KB, 1920x1080
Thought I was done with this game but actually having fun with Asimov;; something must be wrong with me

dope patch, cheers wiz
>>
>>146950160
>cheers wiz
t. wiz
>>
>>146949684
Just park corvette near, without bombing so they can't build starport.
>>
File: Cb-vA9MUkAAwgWQ.jpg (154 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Cb-vA9MUkAAwgWQ.jpg
154 KB, 1024x768
>>146950217
Wiz is based
>>
>Be Honor Bound Warriors (Fanatic Militarist, Spiritualist)
>The biggest Military Superpower in the Southern Galactic hemisphere, my only real rival is all the way in the north, unreachable
>all my neighbors either fear me, or constantly kiss my ass
>Spend my time policing and and defending smaller nations from assholes, and bullying said assholes
>Pitiful weaklings always bothering me to fight they're battles for them
>Nobody goes to war without my consent
>Nobody does anything without my consent

is this what it feels like to be the USA?
>>
File: Distant_worlds_universe.jpg (78 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Distant_worlds_universe.jpg
78 KB, 600x338
Is Distant Worlds better game then Stellaris? Yes. Why? Let me tell you:
>>
nip nong ching chong bong bing ling
>>
I have registered stellaris but for some reason I cant access the user mods section in the forum anymore?
>>
File: DW victory condition.jpg (251 KB, 958x820) Image search: [Google]
DW victory condition.jpg
251 KB, 958x820
>>146952198
>race specific victory condition
- they provide more diverse gameplay
- green skinned babes need to have happy population, arachnids need to conquer and enslave
- shared victory condition doesn't include only conquest and domination
>>
In my opinion, the Asimov patch is a good step in the right direction.
The reason the active players are greatly reduced is because they are releasing these updates gradually, while people who buy a product usually expect good shit (and with good reason) at purchase.

For example, the diplomacy now is actually important and feels decent enough, both for trade (trade increases reputation now) and federation votes.
>>
File: DW colonizaiton.jpg (164 KB, 981x457) Image search: [Google]
DW colonizaiton.jpg
164 KB, 981x457
>>146952745
>easy colonization
- possible colonies (and colonization ships) are clearly presented
- can be sorted by distance, quality, resources etc.
>>
File: DW diplomacy.jpg (225 KB, 1045x544) Image search: [Google]
DW diplomacy.jpg
225 KB, 1045x544
>>146952882
>easy diplomacy
- in one window you can see relations between xeno empires, why they (don't) like you, their military and economical power and minimap with their territory
>>
>>146953118
>trade
- you can trade with technologies, disputed bases, offer to join their wars, threaten with sanction or war
>>
>>146949850
I don't even think you can destroy buildings or pops with Bombing lite™
>>
File: DW trade.jpg (233 KB, 1036x787) Image search: [Google]
DW trade.jpg
233 KB, 1036x787
>>146953286
oops
>>
File: DW shipdesign.jpg (296 KB, 1036x800) Image search: [Google]
DW shipdesign.jpg
296 KB, 1036x800
>>146953376
>ship design
- very complex system
- you can add as many weapons, shields, armor or engines as you want (and your max size cap allows)
>>
>>146953563
Looks shit though and is just a spreadsheet simulator.
>>
>>146953118
>>146952882
>>146952745
Not that anon, but this looks like lots of autistic fun.
Can you answer me some questions?
>Can i make a custom race?
If so, how is it? Is it rich and detailed? Can i even set my own race victory conditions?
>Can i cover the entire galaxy map in my colors?
This is really autistic on my side, but i simply can't live withot that feeling of my colored blob slowly covering literally the entire map.
>Is it difficult?
I really like a challenge, how is the AI? It can also be artificial difficulty, as long as it's not extreme bullshit (like them starting with 10 planets or some shit like that)
>>
File: DW shipbuilding.jpg (349 KB, 844x1429) Image search: [Google]
DW shipbuilding.jpg
349 KB, 844x1429
>>146953563
>shipbuilding
- you can give order to build ships in free shipyards in whole empire
- or you can quickly go through all your spaceports
>>
File: upset toad.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
upset toad.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
In Stellaris, if empire A and B have a defensive pact, and empire B and C have a defensive pact, will going to war with empire A pull in both B and C, or just B?
>>
>>146953698
>just a spreadsheet simulator
Go back to Clash of Clans or something, it's a game about managing an intergalactic empire of course there's going to be some work to do in that.
>>
>>146953768
>Can i make a custom race?
no, unless you count modding; you pick race and type of government
>Can i cover the entire galaxy map in my colors?
I'm really not sure, you colors create aura around your colonized systems, it might be impossible with too much space between them
>Is it difficult?
AI is quite good, you have options to manipulate with artificial difficulty like aggressiveness etc., pirates can be extremely annoying, there is also dangerous endgame crisis
>>
File: DW fleets.jpg (516 KB, 1096x1579) Image search: [Google]
DW fleets.jpg
516 KB, 1096x1579
>>146953837
>fleet organization
- organization of fleets is simpler and quicker
- no stupid dragging
>>
File: victoria an empire under the sun.jpg (836 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
victoria an empire under the sun.jpg
836 KB, 1920x1080
WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A TRADE AGREEMENT WITH ENGLAND?
>>
>>146954932
Oh shit, if it wasn't for that fat under her chin i'd bang her immediatly.
>>
>>146954932
And when I say these models are ugly as hell people just go "They're not ugly they're unique you're just angry because it's not civ v :'((((((((((((((((((((("
>>
>>146954932
Holy fuck is she made out of playdough
>>
>>146954932
Are there any other leader models out yet
>>
>>146955124
>>146955164
I must have shit taste, because i like this style.
>>
>>146954932
Is Catherine of Russia still hot af?
>>
File: 1440038907028.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440038907028.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>146955124
I think a lot of people think they look like shit. personally, I think she looks like shit, same with cleopatra (I like teddy) but I wont really give a shit when the game comes out. I love the style of the game itself though, it looks seemless and great.
>>
File: DW colonies.jpg (434 KB, 1060x1414) Image search: [Google]
DW colonies.jpg
434 KB, 1060x1414
>>146954924
>list of colonies
- you have one list of All your colonies sortable by population, quality, revenue, population happiness, etc.
- directly from this window you can build buildings, troops, space stations
- micromanagement can be fully automatized without taking control from player
notice the top window can be divided into four segments - all of them are in Stellaris separate windows and you have to constantly switch between them
>>
>>146954932
>Not Elizabeth
>Not even the Bastard

BUT WHY
>>
>>146955780
Elizabeth could have been the safe and usual choice, but Victoria was quite fucking important in english history.
>>
>>146955780
Victoria was a pretty big deal, even if only because she happened to reign during >sun never sets

>>146955421
Cleopatra looks like a pile of shit.
>>
File: vicky.jpg (193 KB, 1464x1050) Image search: [Google]
vicky.jpg
193 KB, 1464x1050
>>146954932
>>146955105
4u
>>
>>146956027
It's a bit better but the facial style in general is pure undiluted shit, it's like they tried to take the worst bits of anime, gave it to a random modeller and slapped it into western style while they were at it
Fuck man if Overwatch can do it right why can't they?
>>
>>146948107
It took several paid DLCs to get that feature in EU4, give them time and you can pay for that 'feature'!
>>
>>146956027
My nigga, anon today was a good guy.
>>
>>146952198
When was the last time it got updated?
>>
>>146955536
Troops management is pretty micro though, cos you end with millions of them.
Also fleets sometimes do their own thing regardless of stance.
I think the only reason i dont play DWU is that it cant handle fuckhuge universes and keeps crashing on me
>>
>2240
>barely make it to destroyers
>still nothing but starting weapons, cloud lightning, mining lasers and basic PD as weapon choices
holy shitting dick nipples, the tech RNG is completely retarded

also
>shard throweers are still literally pointless
>>
Is there any way to make Civ5 harder without giving the AI retarded bonuses?
>>
>>146957605
CBT maybe?
>>
File: rsz_regular-show-movie-08252015.jpg (257 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
rsz_regular-show-movie-08252015.jpg
257 KB, 970x545
I will probably be hated for this but stick with me for a second;

Has anyone had any experience with cheating in Civ5's Multiplayer?

I have only done it with some friends over the net (Private lobby), but there are some really interesting anti-cheating measures, and funnily enough you can abuse them to get even more bang for your buck.

I've only toyed with memory hex editing, since you can never actually be banned and it often has potential to find the first batch of exploits.

Here is what I found
>Faith & Culture are easily found and edited
>The game will detect desyncs (You suddenly have 99999culture, but the other players says 6? No way) and it will reload the game upon - here it is - turn changes.
YES! TURN CHANGES
This means it is not a constant cheating check, but only when you want it to check.
Reloading the game will also still advance the turns.

So far, I have found no use for faith, since upon reloading all faith related cheating will be rolled back (Buildings and units).

BUT! Culture is very odd and unstable.

You can change it to 9999, and for some reason social policies is also client sided.
So, on roll-back, you only may lose all policies, but but but!
Some policies rewards stay post-rollback. So yes, you can sometimes get a policy's one-time reward twice!
I have not found out what decides what is rolled back, but I have found it helps to set culture high, only take a few more policies than you should, then set it back to 0, if you want to avoid it.
If you want to abuse re-policy adoption it will be more of an art.

After a game, I managed the following effects:
>Great engineer turn 0
>2 Great prophets turn 0
>Founded, Enhanced and reformed religion turn 0
>2 Social policy tries turn 0
>4 Social policy trees by turn 0
>Randomly culture needed for policies reset, making me pick them up at ludicrous speeds

Anyone have experience with this?

You could also grief by making everyone reload the game every turn
>>
File: 1457640565457.gif (61 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
1457640565457.gif
61 KB, 300x351
>>146957646
>CBT
>>
My point defence is doing fuck all against Missile fleets, what am I doing wrong :(
>>
>>146948885
What is this?
>>
>>146958138
I fucked up
Community Balance Patch

>>146957856
I don't hate you, I just don't understand what the point is.
>>
File: 1448586674928.jpg (46 KB, 434x516) Image search: [Google]
1448586674928.jpg
46 KB, 434x516
>still no empire borders for mac
>>
File: System_map.png (127 KB, 1680x1020) Image search: [Google]
System_map.png
127 KB, 1680x1020
>>146954703
>>146954252
>>146953768

Any recommendations on most autistic interstellar/sci-fi grand strategy/4x games? I've tried:

MoO in all its forms
Gal Civ 1/2/3
SMAC/SMAX
Stellaris
Star Ruler 2
Aurora 4x (pic related)

But wondered if there were any other good games out there... Aurora comes close to being amazing but the interface is just too fucked up for me to really enjoy it.
>>
>>146955421

Muted Colours Mod when?
>>
>>146958570
You need more of them
>>
>Gas giant relocation event
>New planet spawns in a spiritualist FE
Why
WHY PARADOX
WHY
>>
How strong a fleet should you have before going up against fallen empires?
>>
>>146959080
The same reason why the unbidden and swarm start far away from you too
>>
File: civ5explot.jpg (642 KB, 1420x863) Image search: [Google]
civ5explot.jpg
642 KB, 1420x863
Adding further on to this, I focused on quick growth early, and then to let it snowball 'legit'.
All of this was done as a client not a host.

Proof
>Reformed and enchanced religion turn 7
>Great Scientist improvement too

>>146958709
It means literally nothing is holding a crafty hacker with a little technical ability from ruining any online game
>>
>>146959529
Nobody plays civ V online though
>>
>>146959583
I am in a game right now and there was 12 games in the lobby
>>
>>146959610
Madmen
>>
>>146958709
>CBP
more like "no more happyness patch".
>>
>>146959973
>being happy
>>
>>146959973
*i
>>
File: 1370990804763.gif (2 MB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1370990804763.gif
2 MB, 384x384
Stellaris question.

I usually play with hyperlane networks only but I'm thinking of starting a massive game with all allowed. What FTL method do you take usually?
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (20 KB, 147x105) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
20 KB, 147x105
???
something is wrong
>>
>>146960126
Always wormholes
Takes a little more planning and doesn't allow for too much early scouting but the ability to leapfrog distances prior to jump drives is great, as well as taking advantage of empires limited to hyperlanes
>>
Is Xenophobe good for anything?
>>
>>146960339
Being able to purge xenos
>>
>Pretty fucking sure I said no advanced civs
>One is there anyway
>And it's right next to me

FUCK
I'm several hours into this shit guys, they're fanatic xenophile so at least they won't genocide my ass for looking at them funny but fuck me I'm so sick of these meme tier factions shitting all over my somewhat balanced games
>>
>>146960441
Advanced civs means civs with a boost in planets/tech, fallen empires are a setting in the game files :'^) (or populate the galaxy with max empires so there's no space left for them)
>>
File: 81.png (17 KB, 154x92) Image search: [Google]
81.png
17 KB, 154x92
I don't know what the fuck happened but it's fixed now.
>>
>>146960547
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
WHY
WHY IS THIS A THING
I DON'T WANT TO BE MEMED BY SOME SHITTY SLOTH PEOPLE
>>
Modifying my slaves to be stronger so they can get more minerals for me

Sure nothing can go wrong with this decision
>>
>>146960853
just dont do whatever they hate and they wont attack you but even the fallen empires that dont like purging people didnt attack me when I literally purge 90% of conquered worlds so who knows
>>
>>146958893
You're missing Pandora on that list, though it's not interstellar at all.
Distant Worlds too, look a couple of posts above you. It's probably the best game if you're willing to go full autism on it.
What did you think of Star Ruler 2? I utterly loved the diplomacy, but couldn't stand how you spent 80% of your time colonizing planets and linking up their resources.
>>
File: happy synth.jpg (196 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
happy synth.jpg
196 KB, 1024x819
Can I stack happiness and synth production bonuses? Would this also stack with the "Share the Burden" edict?
>>
File: angry bull.jpg (31 KB, 365x352) Image search: [Google]
angry bull.jpg
31 KB, 365x352
>still no Steam workshop mod support for the Civ5 Linux version (there's a very ridiculous workaround)
>they've abandoned Civ5 and are already working on Civ6

FUCK YOU
>>
>>146948774
Ok, I've got to know the story behind this gif
>>
File: 1467192661593.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1467192661593.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>Enlightened Monarchy
>homeworld is still full of slums

???
>>
>>146961894
You're using Linux, you should be used to having barely any programs support your OS that you only use so you can tip your fedora at both Windows and Mac users
>>
File: scared.jpg (45 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
45 KB, 420x500
>>146959080
Ok I couldnt relocate them and they died
Now couple of years later I find another Gas Planet and receive exactly the same transmission
Be honest with me /4xg/ these are some interdimensional creatures that try to ruse me arent they?
>>
>>146962513
You fucked up, so the game recycled the event.
>>
>>146962580
If I help them and trigger the apocalypse I am going to be really mad at you
>>
I formed an alliance with 2 other empires I liberated. Whenever I try to invite 3rd liberated empire they accept and then one of the member of the alliance immediately leave. They all voted YES.
Why is it happening?
>>
File: assburger stars.jpg (194 KB, 560x599) Image search: [Google]
assburger stars.jpg
194 KB, 560x599
Do you write biographies for your custom empires in Stellaris?
>>
>>146962580
It is bugged
I relocated them and it was triggered again on a different planet
>>
File: civ52.png (28 KB, 349x64) Image search: [Google]
civ52.png
28 KB, 349x64
>Founds religion on turn 1
This is surprisingly fun actually
>>
is something in 1.2 broken with the borders?

I regularly seem to get systems near the border displaying the empire's color, but not counting as inside the border or vice versa.
>>
File: 20160629190706_1.jpg (652 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160629190706_1.jpg
652 KB, 1920x1080
So I told the people of Teotihuacan to build Macchu Picchu over Mount Kailash and they did it the absolute madmen.
>>
>>146940912

I've always thought of a more "hands-off" research system for 4X games, especially those that go through the whole of history

>Research is something that happens in the background, with your savants slowly figuring out the ways of life. You can invest in fields to increase the odds of breakthroughs, but you can't just tell your scientists to invent airplanes or nuclear bombs
>Early on, research de facto doesn't exist, and you make breakthroughs by generously throwing money at everything to get the brightest minds of the world in your court. You can also "borrow" the discoveries of others by simply figuring out how they do it, over time or through barter/friendship
>Later on, the Medieval era starts unlocking the idea of institutionalized patronage and universities, whereas you can actively seem out and recruit savants to propel yourself forwards in some areas, and assemble centers of learning to increase the odds of breakthroughs happening independently from your spending
>Research institutions in the Renaissance, which specialize in a field of research and will steadily make discoveries in those fields. You can still throw money at them to make them work faster and better
>This continues until the Contemporary Era, since we have never moved out of that model

The idea would be to allow players to get an edge on their opponents by trying to aim for breakthroughs in specific fields, for example by funding a general to make discoveries in battlefield tactics, or giving patronage to an architect to discover new ways for Construction and Architectural Arts

As the game goes on, this goes from investing directly into whatever brilliant minds end up drawn in your court to advance your country, to simply generating research institutes and staffing and funding them to make breakthroughs

Also, passive tech spread would be a major part of the game. You can't invent everything, but being the first to make a major breakthrough can give you a serious edge
>>
>>146964980
>but you can't just tell your scientists to invent airplanes or nuclear bombs
To be fair, you can, it's just that you can only do so if what you want them to do is even theoretical, which means they understand the theory behind it.

As in, you can't tell your scientists to build the Bomb if you haven't discovered relativistic physics yet, and you can't tell them to research jet planes if they don't understand neither flight in the first place, nor rocketry.
>>
>Send some faggots to infiltrate some primitive aliens
>They betray us and become alien-kins
Who the fuck wrote these events

Or do these come from a mod
>>
>>146965380
>Who the fuck wrote these events
James Cameron.
>>
>>146965380
>Who the fuck wrote these events
The Swedes
>>
>>146965234

Right, early on you just kinda go shopping for savants to try and get them to develop their genius ideas in your empire, so for example you can try and draft Pythagorus to get mathematics breakthroughs, or simply throw money at your civil servants to go study anything new the landlords might have figured out about crop growing

As the Medieval Era rolls in, patronage comes a fact of life and instead of just hiring people on the fly to get scientific advances, you assemble a full court, including non-scientists who are here to give you other effects (aka advisors). You also start funding universities whose job will eventually be to support your scientific community and start creating a more reliable base of savants instead of having to try and find them in the middle of nowhere. At this point you can start pointing your courtiers towards "fields" you'd like to research in, albeit in an abstract manner like "War", "Construction", "Navy" or "Nature"

As the modern eras roll in and science becomes a more settled and methodical field, you will see research institutes pop up, which are specialized in generic fields as they are established (Physics, Engineering, Biology, Aviation, Military Engineering, etc), and you can either let them run dry to make theorical research, or simply tell them to work on existing areas of researchs (for example an aviation lab might look into improving your current plane designs, or they might be left on autopilot to figure out new radical ways to improve planes, albeit in a way that is less useful to you, immediately)
>>
>Playing Stellaris
>Trying to make a race from my favorite Sci-fi novels
>Internet has basically no info on them at all, would have to read the entire 8-book series over again to learn anything.

FUCK
>>
>systematically exterminating evangelical zealot anthropoids yesterday
>see news this morning
is this meme magic?
>>
>>146939840
Can someone explain to me how Stellaris has changed in practice with 1.2? I haven't played for around 2 weeks now, and the changes seem really big.
How has combat been changed in practice?
>>
File: 2016_06_05_1.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016_06_05_1.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>146942270
>he doesn't have a rapid reaction fleet comprised entirely of corvettes to pin down bitchfleets long enough for your shitkicker fleets to arrive
>>
>>146962027
Köksal Baba
>>
>>146966395
how do you support that kind of fleet upkeep?
>>
>>146966952
as you can see, barely
>>
>>146966051
Wat novels and wat race?
>>
>>146966395
>15 core planets

What the fuck
>>
File: 2016_06_29_2.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016_06_29_2.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>tfw when pre-FTL shitters who nuked themselves to extinction have particle lances and you still have red lasers

>>146966952
>>146967140
You think that's bad, 1.2's -10% happiness during war fucks your resource production up.

>>146967709
That was before I discovered how to sector properly and lucked out of the researches RNG threw at me.
>>
Why empires that can I destroy simply by farting think it's a good idea to insult me?
>>
>>146967964
Oh and the other two are Kinetic Batteries and Swarmers, basically the First Tier of the final level of the respective weapon types.
>>
>>146968040
Wtf is up with 1.2?
My previous corvette designs are now on -30 power!! Computers and sensors now eat power too?
Fuck this, corvettes are beyond useless now, there is no way to use any weapons tier above 3 on them and still have shields.
>>
>>146968514
oops didn't mean to reply to that post.
>>
>>146968514
corvettes seem really weak like they kind of should be.

However you should research fusion power and shit and it'll make it have more than enough for all that shit
>>
>>146968782
I have max tech dude!
I already had problems fitting everything in before because jump drives eat 15 more power than t3 regular hyperdrives, now i gotta deal with -25 more from sensors and computer.
>>
>>146968978
I basically have to go either with 0 shields on corvettes, or I have to use weapons 2-3 tech tiers below my best.
>>
>>146968782
>corvettes seem really weak like they kind of should be.
Ideally, corvettes should have a role as escorts even into the late game, carying PD near cruisers and battleships.

Which would be easy to implements with the existing space battle system, but the paraducks simply chose to not give a fuck and made space combat bland and shit.
>>
>>146969210
Is it worth it to design my own ships or let the game do it?

I'm pretty early on in my game, only like 10 years in
>>
>>146969429
design your own, AI just picks randomly, you can pursue different goals when you design. + AI tends to mix weapons types, and it's better if you go full bore on a single type.
>>
>stellaris
>group up military
>Military hotkey (2) dissapears
HOW FIX
>>
>>146969429
the AI is complete dogshit at designing ships
>>
>>146969831
>the AI is complete dogshit at designing ships
>the AI is complete dogshit
fixed
>>
>>146969801
How do you normally change hotkeys in an RTS?
>>
>PD is a dedicated weapon slot rather than a passive upgrade/module
>all missiles are equally inneffective against PD
>there's no ECM, ECCM, and so forth in space to make missiles viable late game
wew
>>
File: 2016_06_29_3.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016_06_29_3.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>146967964
>it happened again
Good to know a player can have all three end-game weapons way early
>>
>>146970526
>get this early
>best I've gotten from it is blue lasers
>>
stellaris a shit
a shit
>>
File: einstein_my_nigga.jpg (65 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
einstein_my_nigga.jpg
65 KB, 500x489
>>146969886
can't argue against that
>>
>>146970526
>>146967964
>it happened again
Seems like there is a bug on the events with the new patch
>>146962513
>>146959080
>>
>>146971260
As >>146970698 have said, it's random on what you get. I actually got it on my home system and didn't find anything. I tried savescumming but it appears that it is locked when your science ship first touches it. I'm on ironman so I'm not sure on this. What I am sure of is you can't load until you get a success.
>>
What are some good mods for Civ 5? I want to play the game again. I've never really put any mods on civ 5 so I don't know if there are any good ones.
>>
>>146971695
Mention what you want reeeeeeeeeee

For graphics, EUI and R.E.D. are a must have for me
>>
>>146971815
I don't even know senpai, maybe something to make having a navy seem more worth while. I don't want any graphic mods since I play on a shitty laptop and I'd rather not slow down my computer.
>>
File: 2016_06_29_4.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016_06_29_4.png
1 MB, 1600x900
And the Cybrex quest line is no longer useless
>>
File: Nebuchadanezzar_II_(Civ5).jpg (899 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nebuchadanezzar_II_(Civ5).jpg
899 KB, 1920x1080
This was the best theme in Civ V and he was the best leader. You can't prove me wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxS_HUHo3eM
>>
What are some must-haves/good Stellaris mods. Work PCs block pastebin and the archive is just a mess.

Also I just started my first game ever as peaceloving jews and noticed that I can't declare an offensive war to get rid of those recently ascended assholes in the middle of my empire. How to deal with that?
>>
Anyone got any decent mods for civ 5, Ideally something to do with navy but literally any good mod would be appreciated. I don't really want graphics mods though.
>>
>>146973516

>Work PCs block Pastebin
>Not 4chan

What
>>
>>146972558
That's basically the same as what I got when completing it in 1.0.
Living metal isn't particularly useful, and you'll need to go through a high-end research to even make use of it.

>>146966395
>the year of our lord 2412
>292 max fleet cap
>5 civilian ships
Have been idle the first 150 years?
>>
>>146973734
Also blocks myspace but not fb.
>>
>>146973850
>Have been idle the first 150 years?
Research speed drops drastically the more planets you have. With 1.2 expanding quickly is penalized even more with the scaling influence cost so this playstyle still works fine.
>>
>>146972558
Still subpar as fuck man. I actually want something along these following lines though

Make precursor quest chains as ultimate quests throught out the game which actually impact diplomacy and technology of entire race and galaxy. Also, make it a race quest between multiple emprie (like Scourge queen quest). For example
>Yuht (giant) unlock ability or tech tree to construct homewolrd ship, capable of housing as a 25 tiles planet with a construction time of 100 years. This ships can directly haul resource from a circle of nearby systems. It's also act as moving shipyard too.
>Cybrex unlock ability to construct ring world in systems with specific types of star and ability to upgrade outpost to a dome station in space (like Babylon station).
>Precursor with the bombarded homeworld (temporary called pre3) would unlock the ultimate type of technology to actually glass planets or even remove systems.

In addition, upon completing the quest chains, these should unlock diplomatic quest with Fallen Empire too (or change their attitudes). It's stupid that these FE don't know about these guys. In my ideal, something like this
>completing pre3 makes FE having enigmatic goes into frenzy. As a result they pressure and then lead many other empires to war against players due to fear of cosmic balance.

I think this would make the game actually more interesting and this also don't seem to be too complicated to implement.
>>
>>146966395
How do you usually equip your battleships and organize your fleets? I'm at the late game stage where corvettes are being destroyed immediately and don't have the evasion they used to, but I need something decent to accompany my tachyon ships
>>
>>146973850
>That's basically the same as what I got when completing it in 1.0.
wat. This didn't pop up for me famalamb
>>
>>146963482
>tfw don't know how to
>>
>>146975615
I just set ship design to Auto and pray for the best. If you're talking about fleet composition I usually go 50/30/15/10 corvette/destroyer/cruiser/battleship. In 1.2 when engaging another fleet from a distance (not when you jump into a system right into another fleet) the corvettes remain in front but do not engage while strike crafts scramble towards the other ship supported by other long range weaponry.
>>
>>146976145
*ship=fleet but you get the idea.

A 22k fleet can defeat a 50k scourge fleet with minimal losses if engaged from the front since strikecraft also act as PD, and the scourge are basically all biological missiles.
>>
>>146963482
I attempt it. My writing is shit though, I wish there was a selection of pre-made ones you could just tweak or use.
>>
File: researchabad.jpg (525 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
researchabad.jpg
525 KB, 1680x1050
>>146974087
I blob like the French and hand out research agreements to anyone willing to send minerals in return.
It does not matter that every single empire is superior in tech, because I have enough ships to block out the sun on each of their puny worlds.
When someone finally gets arc, lances or kinetic batteries I simply steal and take those for my own.
Research is overrated (especially military research); fite me.
>>
File: googly_kicked_in.jpg (190 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
googly_kicked_in.jpg
190 KB, 960x960
>>146973961
jesus christ, your admin might be an anon
>>
File: 14654906756.gif (172 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
14654906756.gif
172 KB, 400x400
>Playing Stellaris
>Anytime I detect a Primitive species about to become spacefaring I stomp them to avoid having to deal with another rival faction
>mfw the EM Drive's thrust still hasn't been disproven
>>
>>146961656
Yes, yes and yes.
>>
>>146976851
Why dont you just uplift them anon?
You can have your very own cute little underling
>>
>>146976851
Just uplift them. You will be given choices to mold them into the image of (You)

If they have shit traits you can mod those out.
>>
>>146977023
>>146977410
Oh wait shit we're retarded. Uplift is only for pre-sentient species.
What you need is infiltration. Select the observation post above their planet, select the infiltration option, and wait until they're annexed.
Sometimes one of your thirsty scientists will fuck your progress up making annexation longer (maintenance is 5energy, 5social research per month)
>>
File: 14659670674.gif (3 MB, 556x275) Image search: [Google]
14659670674.gif
3 MB, 556x275
>>146977023
>uplifting

Yeah, no possible way that can backfire.
>>
>>146977676
krogans got space-ED
>>
>Made a custom necrophages with conversion and cellulose mutation
>these industry and food gains
>massive deathstacks
>massive cities
i never want to play any other faction again
>>
>>146977023
>>146977410
>>146977640
>>146976851
If they have same or similar ethos as yours you can just enlight them and they will be the happiest protectorate
>>
>>146976324
I had a problem where an enemy fleet of 1k defeated my fleet of 1.3k + 450 from my space port because their evasive rate was so stupidly high
>>
>>146980279
was that in 1.2? Evasion rates had been reduced significantly now.
>>
>>146967412
The Sholan, from the Sholan Alliance series
>>
what the fuck were they thinking making ftl 30 day downtime? the game is even more snowbally now, you cant risk a battle you might have to retreat from or your fleet is going to get caught and blown up every single time. These swedes are so fucking stupid, no wonder somalians are conquering them
>>
File: asdhbafhbg.jpg (13 KB, 308x365) Image search: [Google]
asdhbafhbg.jpg
13 KB, 308x365
>>146982694
>warp drive
>>
>>146980681
Yes it is in 1.2

Thr enemy fleet had a 30 evasion and my hit percentage was barely 70‰ and the enemy was out dps-ing me
>>
>>146982694

>He fell for the warp drive meme
>Muh freedom of movement
>>
>>146982694
>not going wormhole
>>
File: 1357772702246.jpg (26 KB, 176x184) Image search: [Google]
1357772702246.jpg
26 KB, 176x184
>>146983378
>>146983656
hurrr le wormhole, explain how this change makes any sense whatsoever from any perspective. They wanted to make the game less boring midgame, this does the exact opposite.
>>
>>146983378
>>146983656
>>146984074
Not him but warp or hyperspace are the only two ftl types I can stomach playing anymore because wormholes feel like hard cheating.
>>
>>146984295
>>146984196
Playing a hyperlane only game now
It is bretty fun
>>
>>146984295
What's the difference between warping and hyperspace?
>>
Man, I just want a good 4x that's not Civ. Endless Legend is rather meh, Age of Wonders has turns that take way too long and feels all over the place, strangely. Stellaris is Stellaris. Otherwise the genre is pretty much dead desu.
>>
>>146987882
Dead genre, dead general.
>>
>>146987729
Warp has no restrictions but is slow and has a huge as fuck for some retarded reason cooldown before your ships can act again.
Hyperspace is restricted to lanes but is super fast and doesn't require the ship to be at the edge of the system.

Wormholes require cheap as fuck stations to be built in a system to extend range but have zero drawbacks.

Wormholes are busted as fuck, warp and hyperdrive are both shit, but fun by comparison.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 141

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.