[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spacemen on a Space Station - /ss13g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101
File: Poster_barber.png (66 KB, 506x599) Image search: [Google]
Poster_barber.png
66 KB, 506x599
Remember the old times.

Last time on /ss13g/
>like nothing
>we love you pomf
>good luck on quitting smoking probe

>What is Space Station 13?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
http://pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
http://ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
http://ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0yVGNrQ0hh3Fea6U

>BYOND client
http://byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main /vg/station server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
http://byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
http://ss13.moe/forum/
http://ss13.moe/index.php/bans
http://game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
http://ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
http://ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
>>
File: god bless usa.png (4 MB, 3682x799) Image search: [Google]
god bless usa.png
4 MB, 3682x799
>>
>>145529272
>still putting the .exe install tutorial in the OP

why
>>
File: Boi.gif (784 KB, 1101x1230) Image search: [Google]
Boi.gif
784 KB, 1101x1230
unban 2hotdogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A
>>
do you guys hate me?
t. nick
>>
File: 1465964239584.gif (355 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
1465964239584.gif
355 KB, 250x183
>Tomb Kings still not announced
>>
File: maimu.jpg (161 KB, 1171x640) Image search: [Google]
maimu.jpg
161 KB, 1171x640
>>145529434
yes
didn't even hover over the spoiler
>>
>>145529434
NICK IS MY HUSUBANDO

I WANT TO PUT HIS THICK THROBBING SHARD BETWEEN MY BOOBS
>>
>>145529617
you don't even have boobs, you dweeb
>>
>>145529434
who's nick?
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>145529850
ImThem
>>
>>145529850
im them
>>
>>145529884
>>145529949
nice meme ImThem
>>
>>145529272
>this retarded brown-nosing instead of an thread recap
>discord metadata
Shit thread to be honest.
>>
>>145529272
>still haven't changed map renders link

Fucking bitches.
>>
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/10502
Y/N
>>
Is paramedic a decent job to start with if I've never done anything in medical?
>>
File: Mommi Shuttle.png (716 KB, 638x1432) Image search: [Google]
Mommi Shuttle.png
716 KB, 638x1432
>>145521939
If you have build mode and the sandbox commands it's not bad. If you don't, forget unless you have like 12 metabuddies.

Mommi's not having RCD's is like 5,000 mecha hitlers though.
>>
>>145531306
It's basically "find people who are dead and drag them to medbay"
>>
>>145531306
No. Paramedic is super field doctor. Just read the doctor, cloning, treatment, surgical, chemistry guides and do your best. Ask for help and people who need hands or you to open doors will generally fill the gaps
>>
When is the next purge day to nab the pure again?
>>
>>145531237
N. I hate change in NON-ATOMIC PR's
>>
>>145531237
>japanese style courtroom
y tho
I know why but ur still a faget
>>
rev up those ban requests
>>
What song is
ni l'lo friWEredsrGddn - BF9CB2EAE7DC8D03AD070524BA8FAE13
???
>>
>roll antag miner
>plan on bombaring the station from space and causing chaos
>have to leave the game because of IRL stuff i forgot about
meh, how do i become a better nurse
>>
>>145532604
google the song name
>>
>>145532604
The Offering Inferno-World's End Girlfriend

Here, http://ss13.moe/media/?playlist=emagged&type=html
>>
>http://ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2591&start=20

How the fuck are all the admins so bad at explaining how bad this guy fucked up?

>read from wiki you can't murder an assistant for breaking a window on NT default
>interprets that as window breaking being irrelevant to law 1 (what the fuck?)
>uses this to justify plasmaflooding (on orders) saying that it only broke windows which are irrelevant

This isn't just a massive lack of reading comprehension (which if he had, he should not be playing silicons in the first place). I'm finding it really hard to believe this isn't some willful misinterpretation to justify plasmaflooding. That shit is not on, and he only got a dayban. Only got a dayban even after his appeal shows he's unrepentant, doesn't understand silicon, and thinks plasmaflooding as a core module borg is EVER ok.

This makes me angry.

Someone should add another statement after the assistant thingy on the wiki saying "THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN BREAK WINDOWS AS AN NT DEFAULT BORG YOU MOUTHBREATHER". It should be obvious,but it seems we have players that are either dub, or willing to try and bend the rules to do whatever they want.
>>
>>145532643
Know how to head swap and defib ling husks
>>
>>145532787
THanks
>>
>>145531656

Well then Mr. Totally A Competent Coder, I'll just add more instances to the map
>>
>>145533021
You do realize that not only admins and the banned can dispute a ban, right?

Why don't you make an account, sign in, and mention that in the fucking ban appeal thread?

Or are you just scared of attaching your ckey to an anonymous post with legit criticism?

Don't say it's laziness, because you sure are spending a lot of time and effort frothing at the mouth in the general as an angry bystander.
>>
>>145533021
Go to bed Ghlor
>insert metassistant image here
>>
>>145531306
No. Start as Roboticist since you have morgue access and some surgical tools. Building borgs/robots is the same basic thing as performing surgery. Once you have surgery down, i.e. you know what all the tools do and when to use them, you can start learning medical.

Here's how things go:
Surgery is piss easy and the least important part of the job. Don't go into a round expecting to be a surgeon, because it will almost never happen.
Chemistry is piss easy and the single most important part of the job. I'm not joking. I have made and had ban requests approved on shitty chemists who do things like spill the cryo mix or fail to have it made by 20min because they're fucking around with space drugs, lube, or grenades. Your entire job is to have cryo up with the most effective mix possible, and to have the fridge stocked with useful pills 24/7. You are not a person, you are a machine. If you want to RP, play something else. If you've ever worked grocery, you are the guy who spends 8 hour days stocking shelves.
Medicine, i.e. directly administering aid to patients, is the hardest part of the job. You need to know what medicine does what, when that medicine will and will not work, when a body should be sleepered, cryo'd, or cloned, etc. This is the part of the job you learn last.
Genetics you need to know the barebones of. How to make a monkeyman and a new body for a brainswap is an essential backup for cloning.
Virology is unimportant.
Paramedic is for MDs bored of the confined nature of their job

Go Roboticist, to Chemist, to Geneticist, to MD. Yes, I said Chemist is the hardest part of the job. Have note cards in front of you on what fixes what across the four main damage types, and have a few extra notes on what to use for radiation or other special cases.

Now, here are the basic things that are overlooked by shitters
>all basic medicines heal 5hp/1u. Make 10u pills
>50u Iron is 15% blood. If he has under 50% blood, clone him
>surgery does not save lives
>>
>>145531306
start as chemist and read the guide
crtl+f whatever special damage or ability the person needs if it's not a common pill used
as a chemist you'll have days where you have to play doctor and learn about damage types by making the right medicine
ask R&D for an upgraded syringe gun AFTER you finish doing your job
>>
File: (a)defpoint.gif (5 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
(a)defpoint.gif
5 KB, 256x192
>>145531237
OBJECTION!
The view range is seven tiles, the distance between lawyer and prosecutor is eight. They would be unable to see eachother!
>>
>>145534138
they wouldn't be standing on each end of the room
>>
>>145531306
Start as a medical cyborg and get used to dealing with patients without having to worry if you have the right tools - you'll have all of them. You'll be able to practise identifying problems, setting up a triage and treating people without being lost of what you need/where tools are. If you're having trouble you can ask for assistance without attaching yourself to a static name and people will assume you need help because 'no hands' and not give you any shit or tell you to space yourself.

Don't listen to the other memers, they came up with their 'plans' for you in the last ten minutes on their self inflated egos, you'll just run into more walls than you'll be able to solve when it comes to saving a life. There's nothing to learn sitting behind a desk watching other people take your pills without knowing why because you're at a medical desk - they just want to abuse your new eagerness to do the unfufilling boring work so they can spend more time trying to flirt with the nurses and doing the 'fun' things like surgery.
>>
>>145534286
no wait they actually would, jesus christ
>>
>>145534138

TOTALLY INTENDED(TM)

But seriously, that's the best it's going to get with the new design
>>
File: (a)defconfident.gif (5 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
(a)defconfident.gif
5 KB, 256x192
>>145534286
[Presents courtroom.png]
Clearly this was his intention from the way the chairs were positioned!
>>
>>145533832
Oh, and real talk: save whatever info you see in the thread into a text file. I'll drop a highlight or two I've picked up from the thread.

http://pastebin.com/pj5XSfL4

Also, and this is massive there are plenty of ex-medbay regulars in ghost chat who don't play the game anymore because they got sick of retard coworkers. They sit in ghost chat so they can shit talk the idiots playing. They know things. Listen to them a few rounds. Write it down. Ask them for help if it's something beyond what even the wiki says.

Also, color code your pills. Color them around existing pills, followed by damage type healed, followed by what makes sense (like Iron being the grey pills).
>>
>>145534428
how's this game?
i haven't pirated it yet but i liked the demo
>>
>>145534439
Considerations for a good cryomix:
- MUST be idiot-proof:
Don't underestimate this. Newbie doctors will use it as a cure-all, non-doctors will literally break into Medbay and start stuffing eachother into Cryo. It HAS to fix nearly everything. If not for your sanity and well being, then for everyone else's naivety.
- MUST heal Clone damage:
Simply having Clonexadone as well as Cryoxadone in equal amounts is already optimal. Don't have an uneven ratio.
- MUST have Alkysine:
No-brainer. 8 units in a Cryomix (4u in a pill) is enough to fully heal in one cycle the most brain damage that a speedcloned person can come out of the Cloner with.
- Could use Ryetalyn:
This one is optional. It will cure clone defects, however if there actually is a Genetist and he actually does distribute powers (haha) (as if), then it will also clear people's powers. Be wary that while 1 unit of Ryetalyn works in a pill, 1u in a cryomix it will stop working when about 70% of the cryomix is used up, since the dosage that the patient gets will dip too low for the game to register it. I personally use 5 units for conveniency and to avoid arguments with the rest of Medical.
- Should have Anti-Tox:
Anti-tox is great not because it heals toxin damage, but because it directly removes most poisons from the patient's bloodstream. This is very, very important for toxloss patients that actually need cryo to be stabilized, since it means whatever was giving them toxin damage will STOP giving them toxin damage (which also saves their liver).
>>
>>145534468
Never played it myself, I just went through all the games I could emulate when I was still playing attorney online
>>
>>145534468
>pirating 3DS games
how
>>
>>145534610
- Should have Arithrazine:
For the same reason as above, often the people that come in with assloads of toxin damage and rising are people who have tons of radiation. If it's not gonna be you, then it's gonna be your dumbass coworker that immediately sees the BIG GREEN NUMBERS and runs to stuff them into Cryo, which is why it's important that Cryo will actually fix them in this case. You will get Arith as a byproduct from Ryetalyn anyways, so no excuse. The 3u pills I usually make are more than enough for cryo to fully de-tox someone that sunbathed in a radstorm in one cycle.
- Should have a decent amount of Dexalin Plus:
No, one unit is not a decent amount. You need enough Dex+ so that a blood loss victim that gets shoved into the tube won't immediately start taking oxyloss again. Otherwise, they will enter the "blood loss limbo", where they continually take oxyloss and dumbasses don't eject them from cryo because they're waiting for the 100% health that will never come. Besides, Dex+ is massively useful in general, and remember that it will continue to work AFTER the patient is ejected from Cryo. Personally I like to dunk-n-eject blood loss patients to save on Dex+ pills.
- Does not need Bicaridine, KeloDerm, Tricord etc:
You need to understand that Brute and Burn damage are by definition already stabilized. Unlike blood loss, radiation etc, they won't get worse over time. It's silly and disruptive to carefully dosage your Cryomix to max burnloss heal rate, put someone in Cryo over burn damage, and then babysit the tube to eject them when at 100% health... when you could just give them a pill and immediately MOVE ON. They're fine. Besides, even if you account for making your mix idiot-proof, Cryoxadone and Clonexadone combined already do a splendid work at healing burn and brute damage. Wasting beaker space by adding Bicard only nets about a 25% increase in healing rate (which nobody really needs).
>>
>>145534656
it's been like that since the beginning of the year but now it's probably harder or easier. check /hbg/
>>
>>145534610
>>145534705
Hi, I wrote this
You can ignore the bit about Arithrazine, just plain ol' Antitox works fine. But Arith is still an improvement if you feel like it.
>>
>>145534705
Dex+ is completely useless in cryo. cyrox and clonex alone will mitigate the oxyloss enough, and they're still going to die when they come out, it's just a waste of space.
>>
is it possible to gas the whole station with chloral using atmos?
>>
>>145534862
>cyrox and clonex alone will mitigate the oxyloss enough
They do not
I have personally seen the oxyloss limbo happen
I have thought about this long and hard, Dex+ is the best use for cryomix filler. If you're struggling for beaker space, you're probably stuffing keloderma and shit in it, to which I will tell you not to
>>
>>145534960
anything is possible if you set your mind to it, griefer-san.
>>
>>145534960
No you can't put chems in the atmosphere
>>
>>145534705
>>145534610
>>145534439
>>145534340
>>145534109
>>145533832
Thanks for all the advice, guys
>>
Does that trick with sodium and water or whatever to clear out a patient's system still work since the body counts as a container?
>>
>>145534991
and I will ignore that, because they're still going to come out and start dying all over again. Put tricord and dd in, because it adds extra all-healing to the cryo and clonex, don't put arithrazine in it, because you'll be building brute damage on them slowly, which will make it take longer for them to heal. You want a cryomix which will heal people as fast as possible, and if people are going in with bloodloss then that's on you for being retarded. And in most cases, you should not be using cryo unless they're a clonejob, because the sleepers don't cost anything and carrying around pills of anti-toxin isn't a hard thing to do.
>>
>>145535186
Yes
>>
>>145535186
Yes but it's not necessary 95% of the time and it's bad practice because it'll get patched someday. Just use charcoal, charcoal works PERFECTLY FINE
>>
File: nurse.jpg (93 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
nurse.jpg
93 KB, 625x415
>>145534610
>>MUST be idiot-proof
>noone else wants to make a cryomix
>mfw i just put in the starting beakers because tubes are for scrubs anyway
>>
>>145535249
MD's don't have a reagent scanner
>>
File: transparentPIXELSSSSSSS.png (2 KB, 454x454) Image search: [Google]
transparentPIXELSSSSSSS.png
2 KB, 454x454
so I was looking at the vending machine sprites so I could figure out how many models I'd have to make for my map

and I found this

the red-outlined pixels are transparent in all the coffee machine sprites except the "broken" and "off" sprites

just checked across a couple codebases

and it's the same in all of them

caught me by surprise, at least
>>
File: lead.jpg (75 KB, 1024x597) Image search: [Google]
lead.jpg
75 KB, 1024x597
SUPERMAN
>>
>Teleporter hand tele gone
>Caps gone
>Nobody owning up
>Ask AI for the CE's locker so I can make teleporter platforms in z-3/z-6 with the blueprints
>AI chokes on the foyer door out
>tfw
>Charles Vauban [Common] (Bartender) says, "Guys i think Claudia Hoopengarner is a syndicate operator"
>Charles Vauban [Common] (Bartender) says, "She's standing just outside of enginnering with CE's locker"
Dark times sphessmen.
>>
>emag my way into the captain's office
>emag the comms console
>go to set the message for the station
>line 1: CUTE
>line 2: VOX
>just before i hit set, tazed, cuffed, and executed
fuck
>>
>>145535440
UNGA BUNGA ROCKSTOP
>>
>>145535229
Jesus fucking christ I'll be bluntly honest here. I'm so fucking tired of arguing about the same tired, misinformed shit every single time chemistry or cryomixes or anything medbay is brought up in the thread.
I'm going to explain this once and then I'm fucking off to sleep because I've had this exact same argument dozens of times and it's just not worth your time to have it in the first place.
>muh arith brute
It literally heals on it's own in one life tick with no medication. It has literally no measurable effect. Some people still think arith gives organ damage, if you are one of those people, slap yourself in the face for me, thanks.
>tricord in the mix
Get out
Just go
Leave
>DD in the mix
Better now that it doesn't need 20 times the dosage, but please read what I wrote about bicaridine or keloderm in the mix
>sleepers
Don't work on people who are in crit. Guess which kind of people Cryo is best used on?
>You want a cryomix which will heal people as fast as possible
Hey, didn't you just say you should only use cryo for clones?
Read what I said about bicaridine or keloderm in the mix.
>n-no it's on you for being retarded
Read what I said about making it idiot-proof.
>>
Clown got btfo
>>
File: 1335.png (32 KB, 156x153) Image search: [Google]
1335.png
32 KB, 156x153
>get paramed traitor
>get HoS suit and escape
>switch to sec instantly
>get loyalty implanted so decide to be a good boy and not kill HoS for his suit
>do my job
>get tabled by a nun while talking to chef
>mfw
>arrest her
>put in solitary while pepperspraying, punching, and tasing
>lethal injection while no one is looking
>execute clown with firing squad for bombing and lubing sec
>find out chemist gave clown lube grenades
>mfw
>arrest, demote, strip, put in locker, throw in space
>go back to doing my job
>two golems ask if they can join sec, they go to HoP
>he announces that they attacked him and he killed them
>mfw
>parapen HoP, drag him into maint, C4 body
Good fucking round
traiting as a sec officer is fantastic, no one questions it as I brutalize them and take off their headset
>>
>>145535406
Not really needed either, though I admit I used to play chemist so this wasn't a problem for me
Grab the Geneticist headset from Genetics and use it to pester Science 24/7 about those fucking surgery tools they will NEVER DELIVER, get that spectrometer
Bye I'm fucking off to sleep
>>
File: 70C57A1B6[1].jpg (32 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
70C57A1B6[1].jpg
32 KB, 500x666
>greytide
>emags
>ebows
>maint corpses
>BSOD APCs
>cult tomes
>vox raider
>mommi autism
>exploding clowns
>welded maint sections
>singuloth
sec was so thoroughly memed on I was honestly expecting it to be
>extended
>>
>>145535626
> the hop kills the golems
> you kill the hop
thanks senpai
>>
>Having antag enabled

Jeez it's like I'm sharing a game with a bunch of psychopaths
>>
>>145535643
Syringes are a pain
>>
File: 1464040138412.jpg (113 KB, 509x486) Image search: [Google]
1464040138412.jpg
113 KB, 509x486
>>145535669
i swiped an emag from the brig floor and emagged a bunch of APCs, as well as emagging the library computer to order a backpack full of cult tomes

i wasn't an antag, just a false flag
>>
>>145535504
I was having really awful features. Sorry about that.
>>
>>145535768
>not having antag enabled
What are you, an autistic NPC?
>>
>>145535760
no problemo family, golems are good boys
>>
>>145535884
antag is boring as fuck

it's either stealth your objectives then be an NPC for the rest of the round
try a gimmick and get validsaladed becaause lmao validz is funz
or just go murderbone and ruin everyone's else round whilst not having fun unless you're that kind of autist

being an antag on fucking bay is more fun than being an antag here
>>
>>145535884
muh valids
>>
>>145536058
On bay people will actually play along with your gimmicks
>>
>>145536058
Nah, Antag is great. Just be an absolute madman and push the limits of believability.
>>
>>145536120
I hope you like catbeast OC detectives with five paragraph long backstories.
>>
>>145536774
>m-muh bay boogieman
>m-muh bay ibs sbedial snowblake shidd

Fuck off
Heavy RP serbs > 'light' RP serbs when it comes to antaggery
>>
MED RP WEEK WHEN
>>
File: depressed chihuahua.jpg (116 KB, 1024x1006) Image search: [Google]
depressed chihuahua.jpg
116 KB, 1024x1006
>singuloose
>blow holes in the station
>kill a load of people
>still no shuttle call
>out of bullets for revolver, almost out of charge for eguns
>decide to detour into bridge to call shuttle before recharging guns
>get caught by 2 sec officers
>unable to fight back due to low charge
>die
>mfw
I guess this is what I get for trying to be a good guy! At least I died a hero.
>>
>get leg blown off in violent explosion
>get thrown into paramedic cryo with hardsuit on
>proceed to crawl out and bleed out again after vitals get green
>someone manages to see me almost die and breaks into paramedic station
>put into cryo with hardsuit again
>get taken out a minute later
>nitrogen tank taken off along with the hardsuit, and shoved back inside
>they never come back
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>it's a kurt promotes himself at roudnstart to get unrobust greentext episode
>>
>first time trying botany
>everything goes to shit
why must you do this
>>
>>145537847
gud time 4 botany

bet you didn't even no that
>>
>>145537823
Gottem!
>>
>>145537772
Singuloose is extremely fucking boring. Please stop it. It's a waste of a round.
>>
>>145537887
Its 3 am and i wanted a quick round of messing shit up before bed
It didnt even do anything, it immediately fucked off into space
>>
>>145537924
It still helped end the round at just over a half hour. There's no fucking point except for the other antags and sec at that point.
>>
>>145537924
>didn't even do anything
hence why it's fucking boring

70% of the time it just fucks off into space, and leaves a retarded crew with no energy source for the next 30 minutes before someone breaks into the bridge and calls shuttle

at least in donut station it was guaranteed to hit something, but in boxstation it just fucks off wherever most of the time
>>
>>145537978
I know it ended the round quickly, thats what I wanted

Its not the singulo that caused the round to end, it was the welder fuel tanks i blew up in cargo, medbay, genetics, robotics, science, the hall, etc.
>>145538029
There's like 5 sources of power, people barely even use the singulo.
>>
>>145538116
>people barely even use the singulo.
More like people only know how to use the singulo.

All I know is that half the time there's singuloose the power grid just shuts the fuck down do to incompetence
>>
>>145537880
I kno how sensitiv ur chef hands r lmao
>>
>>145536872
>boogieman
https://baystation12.net/forums/view/finalized.43/
okay
>>
>Try not to metagame
>people immediately try to go code red

nice one VG!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3VHKO3qGM
>>
File: 1450328226936.jpg (978 KB, 2385x2233) Image search: [Google]
1450328226936.jpg
978 KB, 2385x2233
I TRIED SO HARD
AND GOT NOT VERY FAR
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESNT EVEN MAAATEEEERRRRRR
>>
>roll 20 with magic dice
>xray free shit and open doors from afar
is there a list of what happens each roll?
>>
>>145540076
not sure about a list, but most are bad
>>
>>145539937
we didnt immediately go code red, but everybody literally saw the blob then went code red
>>
>>145540076
1 = cluwne
2-4 = catbeast or lose all limbs or slimed
6-9 = blind deaf and mute or lose one limb
10-12 = nothing
13 = dice breaks forever
14-19 = positive mutations or gold or silver
20 = jackpot
>>
why dont we have a TTT thing where antag odds are weighted depending on when the player got antag last
>>
>>145540375
because then pomf wouldn't make any money from metafriends
>>
pull the lever kronk
>>
>>145542072
THE OTHER LEVER
>>
>its a plasma flood episode
>>
>>145542287
>it's a [x] episode post
>>
>>145542287
>Hallway has burning plasma
>Maint is the only safe way
>Scientist with no maint access
>Get the idea to just build a borg and he'll open the door for me, plus probably help us
>Time running short, throw borg together right next to the maint door
>Spend a full 60 seconds begging borg to open door
>Shuttle leaves
>A few seconds later borg starts reacting
>>
Who will roleplay kronk with me while I try and poison the captain but accidentally turn him into a talking goat and then we chase him around the station
>>
>>145540254
On 13, you also instagib
>>
>>145542396
If you have an AFK borg

>Drag him with you to whatever door you want open
>Go any intent but help
>Put the borg between you and the door
>bump into the borg, this'll force them to bump into the door and open it for you

Ghetto all-access with none of the hacking
>>
>>145542552
Neat, thanks
>>
>>145542387
>it's a [x] episode post episode post episode
>>
What if we needed different types of blood for each of the different races
>>
>>145542930
what if different races were all valid and we had a laser turret in south arrivals
>>
>>145529272
>Spacemen

FUCK YOU
>>
>>145542930
I doubt it'd be that hard but it's kinda an unnecessary feature, we already have blood types.
>>
>>145542632
it's an [[[x] meme] meme] meme
>>
>>145542387
>>145542632
>>145544989
>it's a recursive meme
>>
Does trinity still play? I never got to ERP with them
>>
>>145545154
haven't seen her in a few days. I bet she's still around.
>>
>>145545154
Still plays
>>
ATTENTION SPESSMEN
THERE IS A POSSIBLE ERP LOOPHOLE
INVESTIGATE IT A BIT THEN USE IT WHILE YOU CAN
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/10532
IN LOVING MEMORY OF SHIGGY'S PDA NOTES SECTION
>>
>>145537052
now please
>>
>>145545457
Ghosts still see it. Which means admins see it.
>>
>>145545241
"""""""""""""her"""""""""""""
""""""""""""""she""""""""""""""
>>
File: oooooooooooo.jpg (22 KB, 576x513) Image search: [Google]
oooooooooooo.jpg
22 KB, 576x513
>Sawbones puts the revolver into the backpack.
>>
Don't jump on Doobie too hard, without logs his hands are tied. The best we can do is post personal accounts of who was killed by the slime player
>>
guys if you turn into a slime there's no logs so you can just murder fucking everyone with you and your spawn
>>
File: RIP slime logs.png (24 KB, 478x427) Image search: [Google]
RIP slime logs.png
24 KB, 478x427
>>145546124
for all i know i was just doing something wrong

but this is what i had to look at for the slime, nothing was popping up in the attack log for /any/ slime that round, even if i used the special view attack log verb

either they're fucked or i'm an idiot
>>
>>145546235
Slime shit isn't logged from what I can tell. I find it depressing you fucking melvins ignore shit like this but sperg out any any possibility of erp.
>>
>>145546235
No, I checked the logs and there are none
>>
>>145546267
I'll bite. What is a 'melvin'.
>>
>>145546306
Imagine the kind of guy that has the name melvin, just imagine someone called melvin in your mind. I'm comparing you to him.
>>
Post stories about that round in this if you want

https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/10568
>>
>>145546267
How can you say it's being ignored when there's banevalids to be had?
>>
>>145546440
what's wrong with a player slime attacking other people?
>>
File: scrnshot1.png (21 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot1.png
21 KB, 224x224
>>
>>145546832
The person who slimed the slime is responsible for their actions. In this case, the slime-as-human was not an antagonist before they were polymorphed.
>>
>>145546917
>slime myself with cursed dice
>I am responsible for my own actions
This is genuine bullshit.
>>
>>145548407
I cant control myself ooooo~
Ooooh no I am going to eat yooooou
>>
>>145549143
>RPFAGS
REEEEEEEEE
>>
thanks for giving me a fun rival that round sawbones
>>
Clown goblins cooked: 21
>>
9/10 round

lowpop 2comfy
>>
REMOVE BUS
>>
File: HELP ME.png (63 KB, 668x277) Image search: [Google]
HELP ME.png
63 KB, 668x277
I think I broke a record this round
>>
>oh shit bus station
>I haven't seen it a single time yet
>dead pop
>tired
I actually liked taxi too
>>
>>145534705
>10 DD
>10 bicard
>10 tricord
>10 antitox
>10 dexaplus
>10 iron
>10 dermaline
>10 kelotane
>10 cryo
>got all damage types covered and still empty beaker space
>don't know what to put in
>>
>>145550606
Dead pop is the best time for bus, it's a great map to explore space and maint on.

Free spacepods
>>
>>145550610
Sugar, coffee, or nutriment.
>>
>tfw there'll never be an rp round
>tfw the difference between code green and blue will never matter
>tfw the law will never properly be enforced
>tfw medbay will never just be a dine and dash medicine storage
>tfw the bar will never be not empty
>tfw the kitchen will never not just deepfry donuts for food
>tfw r&d will never not print guns
>tfw the lawyer will never be a useful job role
>>
>>145551338
Here's an idea, for every purge style anarchy round there has to be a Max/Bay style RP round to balance it out.

The joke is that ERP is allowed on both.
>>
File: LEWD BIRDS.gif (19 KB, 96x94) Image search: [Google]
LEWD BIRDS.gif
19 KB, 96x94
>>
>>145551338
SURE, LET US GET TO THAT, JUST AS SOON AS GREYSHITS STOP AHELPING EVERY LITTLE THING, JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE STOPPED THEM FROM BEING THE FAT KID IN THE CANDY STORE, AND THEY FEEL ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING.

Seriously, remove assistant.

If we reach highpop and no more slots, people can observe and be a diona/borer/pAI/mouse/golem/derelict MoMMI/posibrain/etc.
There are so many ways to enter a round, and nobody wants to, because that requires actual interaction with other players that isn't just clicking their sprite until it falls over.
That, and MUH ROUNDSTART ADVANTAGE AND SPEEDRUN TIMES FOR GLUBBS + THE CAP'S SPARE ON BOXSTATION (and only Boxstation since it is the most competitively balanced map, and you refuse to play on any other maps) AND OPTIMAL GREYTIDE LOADOUT FOR MUH OC DO NOT STEAL SELF INSERT INVINCIBLE INFINITE STUNLOCKING CHLORALSHITTUING TOON AVATAR OF ROBUSTING AND VALIDHUNTING.
Being a "mere and lowly" assistant and becoming the king of everything in less than five minutes flat has no real meaning behind it if it is expected of you each and every game to get all access and the armory in your backpack.
ESPECIALLY since players treat a 13 year old atmospherics simulator with shoehorned role playing game elements like a MOBA esport MLG tourneyfag game where you get "salty" and cry forever when you die, even when you die as an antag.
Just saying. Remove assistant. New players can play as cargo techs or the janitor.
>>
>>145550593
round summary please? this sounds like awesome shenanigans
>>
>>145553559
It was due to fifty clown goblins being bussed in. They count under clown abuse.
Some of them fell into space and caused those points to increase a ton due to the tick damage.
>>
>>145553275
show me on the doll where the greyshirt robusted you, anon
>>
>>145553945
My heart and soul.
;_;
>>
>>145542396
I've been saying this, having Posibrain be the only method of players entering rounds where you have to opt out instead of opting in is dumb
>>
Last night I dreamed that Celt merged the Janitor and Chaplain jobs.
>>
>>145556936
Chaplain already cleans your soul.
>>
>>145535505
got it coming birdfucker
>>145536058
t. unrobust fucker
Good robust antags always get their gimmick done and its also a great way to metagrudge or just fuck people you don't like plus having no jobban/ban possibility (As long as you don't ERP or fuck your antag team)
>>
>>145556936
That would be more Deity's doing, so Cult could have ezpz summonings and just have to kill one nigger instead of two.
>>
>>145529272
How soon in a round can science produce Floral Somatory?
>>
>>145556936
that'd be probably Deity
nigga has a boner so big for cult he even ARRPEE as Nar-Sie
>>
Let us never play on Bus again.
>>
>>145557669
>RP
>He tells them where their objective is, and what words they're missing most of the time
>>
>>145552608
ADD
IT
NOW
>>
>>145557659
As soon as miners return and research was done.
So anywhere from 12:15 to never.
>>
>>145533021
>wah he made an interesting thing happen in my round that will be fixed next round in 45 minutes ban he

This is why I only play lifeweb now. You baystation holdovers are such losers.
>>
>>145536872
>roleplaying seriously in the space station game about horrible accidents and murder
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 600x427
So what exactly am I supposed to do as a chaplain? I know I'm a hard counter to vampires, Wizards, and maybe cult, but anything I read on the wikis doesn't seem to sync up. Like the null rod or holy sandals, and I'm not even sure if the /vg/ station bible healing is the same as other station bible healing
>>
>>145560848
ARR PEE. Recruit followers, sacrifice stuff (the clown*) to the gods, preach to the station, draw weird runes all over maint etc. etc.

*may or may not get you banned.
>>
>>145560848
i don't even think chaplain is a hardcounter to wizards anymore
>>
>>145553275
Removing assistant might actually fix the game.

Well done sir, upvoted
>>
>>145558494
it's from paradise, they probably have a bunch of vox clothes sprites we can take too
>>
1: The Station is a democracy
2: Any action you take must be put to a vote
3: Majority wins
4: Head votes count as two
>>
>>145562550
>No law that defines punishment
Lol what are you going to do about it nerd?
>>
>>145562550
I just want you to know how fucking annoying this would be.
Stab your hands repeatedly.
>>
>>145560848
It's the one role where if you rp hard enough you can kill everyone.
Kill all the pets on station and get Nar-Sie to pay a visit.
Suicide Cult
Decide borgs aren't natural enough and ask the admins if you can go on a personal crusade against technology.

Have fun.
Also hold at least one funeral or I'll space you.
>>
>>145562647
>>145562665
Democracy trumps all resistance, it's the greatest lawset possible

5: Vox cannot vote
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 960x800
>>145561456
>>145561632
>>145562750
Is the null rod still a thing? All the wikis mention it but I feel like I've never actually seen it
>>
>>145533832
>less than 50% = cloning
Only if you don't have cargo or can't get blood packs for whatever reason if you ask me. Each blood pack is worth about 35-40% of a person's total blood percentage IIRC, so sure it won't get them back to full, but it should be enough with the assistance of some iron to get them stable and let them recover the rest on their own.
I only clone if they're under 20%
And surgery does save lives in cases of internal bleeding, appendicitis, husk brain/head transplant, or even in extreme cases, alien embryos. Admittedly more often than not the things fixed via surgery are minimal and for quality of life, as broken bones and busted lungs which are the most common cases, aren't really that big of a deal. Still, it's hyperbolic to say it doesn't save lives.
>>
>>145562882
Dwell on "Any action" you fuck.
ANY ACTION REQUIRES A VOTE, you have to remain stationary or call a vote to do it.
>>
>>145562082
I IWSH
I COULD PORT THINGS.
>>
>>145563063
me too anon
>>
>>145563062
Any action other than talking or observation*

Fixed?
>>
>>145562550
>democracy
Watch the AI recieve bribes and silently dispose of unwanted subjects since that's all part of democracy along with bending or straight up ignoring laws
>>
For the test server, is there a command to spawn other humanoids? I want to practice surgery to see what you can and can't put inside a person
>>
>>145564570
Make monkey people out of the monkeys
Then perform as much surgery as you want.
>>
>>145562997
yes null rod is still a thing, but i can only erase cult runes and detect invisible runes
would be nice if it could detect cultists or if it could one shot cultist constructs
>>
>>145565361
>detect cultists
people would be vocally rioting about "muh antag tests"
>>
>>145565551
you can already do it by spamming bible on everyone
it would just reduce the ammount of brain damage caused to everyone
>>
>>145535436
Fix it then! Neat find.
>>
>>145535436
I've known of this for a while but I always thought it was a silly enough mistake that I just never bothered to fix it
>>
>>145564570
type spawn then space in the pink bar at the bottom or use the verb in the sandbox panel to spawn in whatever you want. you'll need to find out the obj path for the object but its half decent at searching for it. Just 'human' is enough to bring up all playable races.

>>145565551
You can offer a bucklecuffed assistant a nice warm glass of holy water. The only mode that doesn't have any kind of antag check is traitor and changeling. And traitors almost always have some syndicate gear or posess a grand theft item that makes their particular antag status irrelevant
>>
>>145565551
>>145566167
My favorite antag test is vampire, here's the best I've done
>put holy water in a syringe, put syringe into a syringe gun
>shoot chef
>he's not a vampire, have him put droplettes of holy water in all the food he makes
>hide nearby with a medical HUD
>>
>>145563062
Look at Poland and how well Liberum Veto worked out for them.
Any asshole could vote against changing policy, and so foreign politics just boiled down to foreign powers bribing someone to say no while you invaded with your armies.
>>
>>145566987
I hope they ban your powergaming validhunter ass.
>>
>>145565825
>>145566092
almost don't want it fixed because as far as I can tell this is a freaking legacy

the only codebase that doesn't have this as far as I can tell is goon because muh perspectives

the only reason I found it in the first place is because I was preparing to convert the sprites into model textures

might just use those grays from dream maker's alpha thing

it seems like a good enough color and is probably why this has been missed so long
>>
Rate my lawset

0: A new lawset must be uploaded every 20 minutes with law 0 remaining the only constant
>>
>>145567441
I honestly think whoever made the sprite didn't even realize that was the transparency color
>>
>>145567586
>Instant murder because silicons are shit/10
>>
>>145567586
Core lawsets scrub out hacked laws, and players can't upload freeform law 0s.
>>
>>145567586
I think you're putting too much faith in the knowledge people have of changing laws. That 0 isn't going to stick around long.
>>
>>145568542
>>145568602
It'll stay because "f1: admins please force 0 to stay on the ai forever, it's a fun gimmick :D"
>>
File: 1462475846778.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462475846778.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
>the guy who ordered the deathsquad didn't even get his objectives
>the deathsquad executes him on the spot
Brutal
>>
>>145568814
Stop resisting.
>>
>Get auto-tatored late in the round
>Can't come up with any gimmick so get an emag, e-sword
>Get the hypospray and load it up with shitter juice
>The fucking detective returns from his slumber and is running around medbay scanning the CMO office
>I have to kill him before he realises it was me
>I run into him by the security checkpoint
>Hol up MD I want to search you
>Saved by the bell as the captain calls me for a head stitch
>Doing a head transplant the captain and det is capturing the QM
>I get out and hypospray both, decap them and let the other guy go
>He wasn't even syndicate
>Call a deathsquad because I thought it would be fun to take over centcomm
>Searching for the RCD
>I cannot find the RCD
>Oh fuck
>Run to escape
>See the deathsquad
>"Sup boys.." PULSED TO DEATH
>They revive me and we escape
>Let it slip I didn't finish my mission
>I hear the words from syndicate hq
>Ice him
>I get gibbed in a hail of pulse fire

It was worth it, even the failure.
I didn't know you could make an RCD please dont hurt me
>>
File: 57443685d7[1].png (109 KB, 1394x738) Image search: [Google]
57443685d7[1].png
109 KB, 1394x738
Hi guys, Soca asked me to sprite a thing for Vampires, and here's some of the designs I threw together, I'd appreciate your input on this!

http://www.strawpoll.me/10492143
>>
>>145569050
You are beyond dumb
>>
>>145569158
That is very rude.
>>
>>145569098
How about less gay skirts?
>>
>>145569098
What are you pulling from for inspiration here?
also >outlines
>>
>>145569158
You mean Byond dumb :^)
>>
>>145569098
What kind of boots are you thinking? Because I honestly like most of those outfits, but the men need some different boots from the women, and maybe an additional cape for male vampire.

The boots will also change the way the skirting looks.
>>
File: This triggers the pole.jpg (214 KB, 463x467) Image search: [Google]
This triggers the pole.jpg
214 KB, 463x467
>>145567016
SHOO SHOO POLAK
>>
>>145569284
I had the e in spoilers but it fucked up
>>
>>145569215
They're based on a Gothic Lolita sort of design
>>145569262
A lot of it came from Amy Sorel from Soul Calibur, that's who Soca posted as a reference, and the outlines (and colors) come from the sprites for the Vampire Cape thing we already have ingame
>>145569305
I'm not sure, either some tall-ish black boots, or maybe some black socks or something
>>
>>145569441
Though female vampires can wear male vampire clothing, males would look weird in female clothes

As far as it goes, for everything prior to the last 3, something like a once-turned over jackboot would work, but for the last 3, something like a laceup kneeboot or thighboot with stockings.
>>
>>145569050
>show up as a geneticist at 14:00
>dead people everywhere and you're walking around
>deathsquad when there's like 5 active players

What a shit show.
>>
>tfw when your 2 week old non-human static character is more well liked than your 6 month old static character
>>
>>145546832
The slime/person that made the slime will always get banned when valid hunters cry about getting killed by slimes defending themselves.
>>
>>145569441
I was looking for referances for you and I stumbled one something that looks a lot like your sprite. Please tell me you didn't actually take something seriously from that awful Fan + Friend website. This isn't the Lolita general so I'm not going to get into why but just take it from me, you don't want to affiliate your knowledge of Goth Lolita from that site.

I think you're spriting too 'safe' too and using the original cape as a tight anchor because 'it works it's in the game'. Don't do that. Start from scratch, make something fresh and new, and not only will it look better but you'll be prouder of your work for it.

This is Amy Sorrel's offical promotional artwork from the developers of SC. It's a much more ostentatious than your sprite implies. It doesn't hug her body so close - it's clear she must be wearing some sort of peticoat to keep her skirt wide and her collar easily comes close to the width of her skirt and her sleeves are wide and furlined too. Also note the shape of the dress - it's more bell/rose-like and splayed more than the tight ramp shape you've made. Following the shape of the original would look more like a natrual dress for it in your sprites too.

I know it's difficult to translate a dress, let alone lolita fashion into a 32 x 32 canvas, but you could easily try and make more use of the space given to you and make some fantastic female vampire clothes that no one will ever use. Please attempt the boots and choker too, I think they're quite important to the outfit.
Good luck, I hope you'll have fun on your next attempts
>>
>>145570905
Why don't high power vampires have a summonable rapier? Cults have cult blades, traitors have eswords, changeling's have arm blades. Where's the cool vampire weapons when they earn them?
>>
>>145571268
It would be a waste of perfectly good blood to start hacking people up.
>>
>>145571454
It'd be a high power ability, maybe charge a metal rod with blood magic or whatever
and when you're that high power you're objective shifts to survival than just collecting blood.
Hell, give it a chance to disarm on arm attacks or trip on leg attacks, make it more flavourful and a little different to just a plain sword
>>
>>145537795
>thinks hardsuits don't work with cryo
birdbrain
>>
>>145569441
>I chose amy sorrel as inpsiration bcause she a female vampire :^)

These are the people we have for our art direction?
Of course if you keep yourself closed off to one major referance you're only going to churn out shit
Please redo none of them look that good anyway or make me want to use them
>>
>>145550610
>10 cryox
No
>>
>>145572085
Fuck off shitter.
>>
>>145569098
Is this just a recoloured Black Dress?
Why are we making people do things like this and not work on actual game changing things?
>>
>>145537795
>get leg blown off in violent explosion
>get thrown into paramedic cryo
Welcome to Mr. SHITTER WHO SHOULD PLAY GREYSUIT's wild cryo ride!
And I'm not talking exclusively about paramedic you fucking giant fucking retarded fucks, it's like medbay can't function without me babysitting everyone.
>>
File: 1465882527242.jpg (118 KB, 662x668) Image search: [Google]
1465882527242.jpg
118 KB, 662x668
>>145569098
>10 looks like a pair of huge tits
FUCND IT
infact can we make every spess girl super busty please cool thanks
Is Soca asking you for a specific reason or is this sprite request open because I could do better famlion
>>
>>145572149
That's not nearly enough cryox and clonex. But sure, go ahead and do that.
>>
30u cryoxadone
30u clonexadone
10u alkysine
5 ryetalin
10u anti tox
15u sprinkles
This works as well as needed.
>>
>>145571268
>>145571454
>>145571661
blood magic blade? does less damage but drains a bit of blood per hit?
>>
File: 1427260954011.jpg (79 KB, 387x960) Image search: [Google]
1427260954011.jpg
79 KB, 387x960
>>145572519
I'm sure there are several flatfags that play here, and if even the option to be super busty was available they would chimp out like all flatfags do and try to ddos the server or something.
>>
>AI gets ion law to bolt it's upload
>leaves upload unbolted for a while until someone walks in so they can trap them
>try to free the trapped HoP with the handtele so as to not unbolt the door
>orders borgs to harmbaton me because uhhhh
>BECAUSE UHHHH
>...u see my interpretation of "bolted" is like nothing comes on or out, u need to start respecting me "interpretation" right now xd
>that's why I had my borgs kill at the earliest chance possible even though just stopping you is already fulfilling my "interpretation"
Why do all silicons revel in being such a shit
>>
>vampire round
>basically extended

Nice.
>>
When can we jobban Jimmy from Captain? Is there literally anyone aside from him opposed to this?
>>
captain last round was... incompetent to say the least

thank god for my nigga lemon
>>
>>145574863
Ahelp it
Ban request it
>>
can we ban ashe and felicity for metagaming already?
>>
>>145574863
>>145574923
he must not read the thread
I'd be too embarassed to continue playing a job if I got consistently shitposted about this hard
>>
>>145574940
The admin commented on how shit he was during the round, if that's not enough then I don't know what is
>>
>>145574863
He toe'd the line sufficiently that nothing too serious was to be done (unless you noticed something explicitly shitty)

But we chatted with him on minor things.

Sorry Tajaran Traders. I tried to make a little bus for you guys when the round was so stuck
>>
>>145575071
I want to see how felicity enthralled ashe, I swear to god if she didn't even try to resist I'm writing their names on my metagrudge list
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.