[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135
File: 1462052034576.jpg (88 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462052034576.jpg
88 KB, 600x600
Lewd drawfag please deliver edition

>50% Renown Boost active through Monday, May 30th at 12AM EST.

Discord server for organized group play:
https://discord.gg/0yy2wDRBnPClTOxo

>Official news
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

http://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-ama-addresses-hit-detection-issues/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
http://www.r6maps.com/
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Steam group player list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: not yet made

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
http://www.techknow.one/forum/index.php?topic=69.0 (dead link)
http://www.legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
http://hnng.moe/7Ik

Previous thread: >>143729336
>>
>>144188684
Is uplay down?
>>
Hey Friends and Operators, glad to see another thread up.
>>
Are we dead?
>>
>>144191164
Yes, we are
RIP
>>
>>144191164
No, Dust Line ops just temporarily killed the game. In a couple weeks when they get nerfed once Ubisoft isn't making money off of them we should be fine.
>>
>>144192274
I hope to god BB gets nerfed
Rest are fine but holy fuck
>that invisible shield coupled with allready shitty visibility of siege making you realize what killed you only in killcam
>that shield with 0 downsides to having it on
>that shield that takes 2 spaz shots up close or a full mag of everyhing else
>that shield with flawless visibility that doesn't hinder but actually improves accuracy
>coupled with a good, solid rifle

Other guys are fine but fuck bb
>>
Game alone is nowhere near as fun as playing with a friend.
Had 5 hours of solid fun with the delicious destruction yesterday but today alone it got boring quick
>>
>>144192535
No Valk is practically pre-patch Frost with an ability that is much more powerful than a couple easy to spot mats.
>>
>>144193138
Mats are fucking harder to see than the goddamn kapkan traps
They are so shit their only use is to force enemy to waste breaching charges and explosives

And even only if you are facing an wasteful dumb enemy, because normal people lean and shoot it with a pistol

I've gotten literally one kill using trapkan and it was from a guy who shot the trap and I was waiting for him on the other side with saiga
>>
>>144192535
>>144193138
>>144194209
>Whining: the posts
>>
>>144194582
>point out broken aspects in otherwise balanced game
>point out flaws in an ubisoft title who is mostly known for shitty and broken games
>le stop whining
>>
>>144194582
>season pass owner
>>
>>144194762
>I don't know how to flank and I hate adapting to new mechanics, so I will whine about them instead of becoming the true MVP
>>>144195591
>I have not saved up enough in-game currency or have not learned about afk farming because I haven't played the game long enough to make informed opinions about it anyway
>>
>>144195929
>Season Pass: The Owner
>>
>>144196053
>S-SHUT UP, YOU'RE MAKING SENSE! I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE BAD AT THIS GAME. THERE'S NO WAY OTHERS HAVE ADAPTED ON EQUAL FOOTING TO ME, THEY MUST HAVE PAID EXTRA
>>
>>144195929
Flanking and c4 isn't a counter to BB it's a counter to literally every operator.
There are no counters for bb like there are for other operators
>>
>>144196212
>Blackbeard: The Player
>>
>>144195929
>I don't know how to flank a guy often being invulnerable behind his tiny shield pinning down everyone in LOS surrounded by his entire team on the lookout for anyone flanking
>>
>>144196242
BB is an operator with tunnel vision, he's only covered from the front, is slow when moving around, and has a random recoil pattern when his shield is on.

Flanking is doubly effective against him. You get even a bit of an angle on him and he's dead, because his rifle shield is extremely flat. A little angle from above or below will also do the trick

C4 against him is what a retard would do, and would only work in very limited scenarios.

The counter to BB is literally intel and using your brain to flank, not going against him head on
>>
>>144196242
Good luck getting c4 in. Unless it's a rare situation where they break in and are oblivious to you while you are standing within the 3ft tossing range.

BB is just broken.
Other shields have severe downsides to being frontally unkillable and they are still hard to kill
BB has no downsides other than having to lean to become completely invulnerable

Even something like limited visibility or slower aiming movement would help a lot but no, you get better stability on your weapon with shield on
>>
>>144196409
>entire team on the lookout for flankers
>as attackers

Oh good, then they won't ever move into the objective room.
>>
>>144196460
Shame a lot of players are not playing with a pub team who only get on chat to tell people GG
>>
File: 1460030676048.jpg (21 KB, 620x299) Image search: [Google]
1460030676048.jpg
21 KB, 620x299
If this general is going to turn into consolebabbies and bad playes whining about balance, I'd rather it stayed dead tbqh.
>>
>>144196706
Even most BB players agree BB is broken
>>
>>144196540
>you get better stability on your weapon with shield on
Flat out untrue. The recoil pattern becomes randomized.

>BB has no downsides
Slow and tunnel vision when shield is up

>>144196646
This is on pub players, not on balance concerns. Play with buddies for actual operating and good intel for sick flanks

>>144196847
BB could use a nerf, but it's not for the reasons people cite him to be broken. Which is what really rustles my jambles. The reasons people parrot here are literally git gud, the posts
>>
>>144196907
>BB could use a nerf, but it's not for the reasons people cite him to be broken. Which is what really rustles my jambles. The reasons people parrot here are literally git gud, the posts
Why does he need a nerf then? What is op about him in your opinion
>>
>>144196907
>>144196706
>>144196561
>>144196212
>>144195929
>>144194582
>>144196971
A L L M E
t. Blackbeard player
>>
>>144196971
Reducing the number of bullets it takes to break his shield would make sense, except you don't want to be shooting at the shield in the first place and risk "oh, are these couple of bullets going to finally break it or am I gonna die?" If you have to ask that, you'll be dead, even if they reduce the number of bullets it takes

Increasing the recoil when the shield is on and taking damage would be a good idea, although not seriously game changing

Like Serenity suggested, making it so that he can only hold his rifle up for limited periods of time before having to put it back down would nerf his ability to hold down a defuser once it's planted. Which I think is the most OP and silliest part about him (once the defuser is down and BB is watching it, it's GG)
>>
>>144197217
>momma, people disagree with me on the internet!
>>
>>144197319
Know what I've always agreed with you
I've always wanted to nerf BB by making shield easier to see for others to make his identification easier and reducing his FOV while the shield is off, say making outside the black markings area solid or making his aiming slower.
But the reduced hold up time makes so much sense and I love it.
>>
>>144197217
You know what you did and it didn't work since you quoted all the 3 people on this thread as yourself
>>
>>144196460
He is just as vulnerable to being shot from behind as any other operator. It isn't doubly effective you retard.
Again, there is no counter to black beard that isn't a flat counter to everyone
>>
>>144197415
>>144197569
whoa
so this is the power...
of ubisoft shill bux...
>>
>>144197628
except when he corners himself and leans from behind an unpenetrable wall, meaning he's literally invincible
Yeah some of his head peeks out but good fucking luck finding these pixels while you're reacting to a random enemy shooting at you and trying to see the faint change of color to identify it's blackbeard so you know how to look.
Good luck doing all that sub 1 second, keep in mind you allready wasted third of that reacting to the fact you're not alone
>>
>>144197628
Asking for a direct counter for Blackbeard is like asking for a direct counter for Buck. There isn't one. Just good intel and flanking, ie, the soft counters to everyone.

A direct counter to operators with gadgets like Thermite's make sense, but when it's literally just a gun attachment that you're dealing with, how would you deal with implementing a counter? A fucking special laser gun that can shoot through his shield?

I'm glad you're not a game designer
>>
>>144197932
lol thats like saying buck is actually a problem
>>
>>144197932
Im not asking for a direct counter, im saying "flank him" isn't good response when people complain.
Try not strawmanning
>>
>>144197985
>Implying he can't fuck your shit up

>>144198013
It is a good response. It is the response you give to anyone who insists on whining about this topic because they haven't learned what it's like to play with a coordinated team that calls out shit and plays mind games with their opponent
>>
>>144198167
Furthermore, BB is the ultimate pub stomp pick. This is not debatable, because to beat him you need communication and intel.

To balance shit tailored to pubs is a terrible idea, however. You never want to do that. It just dumbs the game down
>>
>there are blackbeard sympathizers
>in this thread
>right now
>>
>>144198424
>Woooooow I keep shooting this guy's face shield head on but he won't die!
>Wooooooooooooooow
>>
>>144198503
dude i also play blackbeard lmao
>>
>>144198558
He's among my least played operators, but, you know, whatever. Just keep shitposting
>>
File: .png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>144196540
>Other shields have severe downsides to being frontally unkillable and they are still hard to kill
You can shoot shileds in the hand while fucking up their hipfire accuracy, works for medium/long range. You can't do anything similar with shitbeard. Even if you encounter him when he just crouches, you will get killed anyway, because you aim and shoot in the invincible head, everyone does it in this game, including that BB you are shooting at, so he'll just either headshot you instantly or bodyshot you to death while you are changing your aim from head to body.
>>
>>144198853
>majority of people say he's broken
>majority of BB players say he's broken
>one anon who happens to say it's his least played says he's not broken

Gee I wonder who I'll side with.
>>
>>144200639
>Let me go with what the majority of people say instead of thinking for myself and listening to disagreeing arguments
>Least played in a pool of operators played for 400 hours, which is still a fair chunk to form an informed opinion when using BB and far more than enough going AGAINST BB as Defenders

A+
>>
I just wanted to add to the whole Blackbeard argument: his shield increases his accuracy. By a lot. As in it looks like he has the same recoil that consoles have. There are literally no penalties for having shield out; in fact, it gives so many benefits you'd have to be retarded not be having it out all the time once inside the building.

>but he's slow
No one gives a shit since most operators tend to go through buildings slowly to reduce noise and cover corners properly.

>just flank him
Good job giving advice that applies to every operator available. Good luck trying to do that when his team is alive.

>just shoot his body, not his head
This is where the accuracy thing becomes a problem. Most people in this game aim for the head, no debating about it. Even the worst players can get a headshot because the almost nonexistent recoil allows BB to heashot people incredibly fast. Faster than you're able to identify him mid encounter and switch to body shotting him. If everybody goes for the head first, how the fuck are you supposed to contest BB? Do you honestly believe you're fast enough to switch your aim while BB just keeps shooting your head off? This is not even taking to account you TRYING to flank him, but get spotted because a decent team would be covering each other, so now you have to deal with BB and whoever was covering him.
>>
>>144200945
OOOH classy, taking "think for yourself" argument out for people who regularly experience black beards big bong
>>
>>144200945
>Let me go against the vast majority of people who sunk hundreds of hours into this game and play at a variety of ranks because I'm a special snowflake.
>Let's balance the game around me and me alone, hire me Ubisoft!

You're not thinking for yourself, you're thinking obnoxiously.
>>
>>144201229
>His shield increases his accuracy

Go and test it in an empty house map. Spray against a wall with the SCAR-H with compensator on and no shield. Strafe to the side, fire it again with the shield on, full spray. Compare results a couple of times for reference. Post screenshots.

His shield randomizes recoil. You cannot compensate for it, as you can with other guns.

If you don't see the advantage in speed and the hindrance that is 1 speed versus the constant danger of flankers, specially indoors, then I don't know what to tell you.

Flanking him is doubly important because of his frontal advantage. This applies to all attackers but more so to him, which is why you need solid intel and good Valk camera placement is more important than ever for informed call outs.

Encountering a BB head on is almost always going to be a death sentence precisely because of how he works. You're not supposed to fight him head on. If you're forced to, then he's played you and you weren't good enough to get positions on him and his team.

Like I said, his shield is extremely flat. Even a bit of an angle on him, up, down, or from the sides, means it's a clean headshot for you.

When all else fails, shotgunning a blackbeard is often a guaranteed kill since the bullet spread will often go where his shield isn't and get you that one to two shot kill
>>
>>144201846
Nobody sprays anyway, really short bursts or semi auto is viable

Especially with BB when you have the time to aim and know it
>>
>>144202363
>Backpedalling
His guns are not more accurate with the shield on. Their recoil is higher and it's randomized. Go try it.
>>
>>144202442
>52 replies
>8 posters
BB killed the game
>>
>>144202592
BB killed discussion of the game, because now this general only revolves around shitters crying about him.

Legit balance changes can be in order, sure, but people make him out to be some unstoppable God that he really isn't.

>>144198381
>>144197319
>>144197415
>>
>>144202442
>backpedaling

Right, I'm away for a bit trying to do exactly what you told me and you're replying to a different anon saying I'm backpedaling.
>>
File: 1356785223562.png (99 KB, 182x293) Image search: [Google]
1356785223562.png
99 KB, 182x293
>>144202731
meant to quote this >>144197467
instead of this >>144197415
sorry

>>144202771
>expecting me to know it wasn't you in an anonymous image board
>>
>>144202442
I've been playing blitz.
All my kills have been with a single ADS pistol shot.

Switch gun to semi and literally 0 downsides.
>>
File: 1448031519824.jpg (82 KB, 712x486) Image search: [Google]
1448031519824.jpg
82 KB, 712x486
Did ps4 get new headgears?
>>
>>144201229
The strength of BB's shield is that he can see, shoot, and block bullets all at the same time. If you can mitigate one or two of those factors, you can remove his total dominance while still making him viable.

The idea that I've seen a few times is "horse blinders," sort of. If you divide the shield into three parts, but make it so that you can only see through the middle third, all of a sudden, there's a real drawback to having it on all the time.

I've included a microsoft paint simulation for your convenience.
>>
>>144202912
Please read the points made above, nobody feels like repeating them for you.
>>
>people still haven't learned that the secret to a dead blackbeard 9 times outta 10 is to shotgun him, even if you encounter him head on indoors, because the spread at close to close-mid range fucks him up and his shield doesn't matter

I've gotten so many clutches off like this, people seriously underestimate shotguns
>>
>>144203101
If you make the black parts take more damage while the front takes less, I could get on board with this idea.

I don't think it's what they're going to do though.

They're much more likely to make accuracy go nuts when you're getting shot at, or implement the "hold up shield for limited time" thing that was mentioned before.
>>
We should seriously rename the next OP to "Blackbeard General"
This is getting out of control
>>
>>144203828
Ofcourse people are pissed. BB is broken.
>Lets make an operator that breaks basic game mechanics
>>
>>144204821
I miss not being surrounded by bleeding idiots
>>
this may be the worst thread this general has ever seen
>>
>>144205442
And you had the honor (or misfortune) of being part of it

The only reason I keep coming is the Teamspeak, the general itself is trash
>>
>>144205572
I've been here since the beta and it hasn't ever been this bad to be honest.

Besides it's much better than the huge amount of waifu faggotry (it's not as bad over here) or the name calling there is in the other generals.
>>
>Usually forced to pick boring operators because no-one else does, but we'll need them.
>pick ash for a few games
>down a pulse thats caught me offguard withbreaching charge
>few games later use breach charge gun against a moveable barricade and get a kill

Ash is fun, I need to stop picking people just because no-one else will.
>>
>>144205817
Yes, yes you do. Specially if it's casual. It literally does not matter, you can fuck around. Thermite isn't as vital as everyone makes him out to be
>>
File: Blackbeard - Full Auto.webm (3 MB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
Blackbeard - Full Auto.webm
3 MB, 960x600
Okay so I know everybody's getting tired of the BB discussion (although really it did keep the general alive for a while) I still feel obligated to post these webms since the anon asked for it.

So I tested BB shooting a full magazine from his SCAR in this first webm. The first two windows show off no compensation, meaning I let them spray at their own will. Of course this is not ideal, it does sort of back up my previous statement of bad players being able to get easier headshots, but you have to be brain dead to not try and compensate

Next to windows show off compensation. There is nothing here nor the previous times I did this on other maps (before I settled with this one as I liked the windows being good targets) that show off a drastic increase in accuracy. Likewise, there is nothing here showing that you can't compensate the shield. There are no real drawbacks to accuracy when you use the shield.

Of course, this is style of emptying the magazine is unrealistic in a high level match. Next webm will show off bursts.
>>
File: 1461626801427.png (576 KB, 531x720) Image search: [Google]
1461626801427.png
576 KB, 531x720
>eGe clan
>>
>>144203083
They did, but the devs removed them. Apparently they were accidentally released too early.
>>
>>144206986
wow you proved everyhting, BB is most underpowered class in the world because all siege players are too stupid to compensate for recoil. Thanks for proving that every single siege player always full auto magdumps to get kills, always!
>>
>>144207628
Looks like we're finally getting rook headgear now. And twitch.
>>
File: Blackbeard - Bursts.webm (3 MB, 940x586) Image search: [Google]
Blackbeard - Bursts.webm
3 MB, 940x586
Sorry it took a while. Webm converter kept cutting it off too short. Anyways, for these bursts, I followed the same trails as the first webm: first two windows no attempt compensate, next two windows attempting to compensate.

The first trail with no compensation shows a small advantage to shield. I take it because for the horizontal recoil to kick in like the last webm, you have to be continuously shooting with shield. Still, the no shield bursts are nothing bad, meaning there is only a small increase in accuracy for shield.

Next one I'm debating on whether it is accurate or not. I had a slightly more difficult time compensating the no shield bursts as the recoil would jack up the sight really quick, and I wanted to reset and fire continuous bursts quickly. Shield bursting was more easier and accurate for me, but I feel that compensation in general is an individual skill based thing and not based on the gun's accuracy. For that reason you can take the last trail with a grain a of salt.

Next and final webm will cover strafing while shooting.

>>144207923
If you take that stick out of your ass for a second, you'd know I'm mainly posting these because I was asked to. Whether you want to use them to be anti-BB or pro-BB is up to you, but I don't know why you're surprised to see me follow up on someone telling me to do this.
>>
File: 1464760035128.jpg (48 KB, 600x494) Image search: [Google]
1464760035128.jpg
48 KB, 600x494
Hey fags, I'm planning to get the starter edition, and I wanted to hear the general consensus of this thread, is it worth it?
>>
>>144209031
You should buy it, it's really fun if you think about what you're doing and going to do.

Also, this thread is kind of a bad indicator since it's pretty much just 10 people wanking each other off about how one operator is overpowered. It's not usually like this.
>>
File: Blackbeard - Strafing.webm (3 MB, 900x562) Image search: [Google]
Blackbeard - Strafing.webm
3 MB, 900x562
Final webm: strafing. First two windows show off a typical scenario for most people, which is to shoot from cover like this. Because this is in burst, once again I feel that the shield gets the edge, but it's barely noticeable. If anything the only true advantage here is the shield itself.

Next set of windows is firing a full magazine while walking across. This is to mimic prefiring open areas while moving across the room, something that is done pretty commonly in games. Result was shield has a clear advantage. This is mostly due to how recoil for shield tends to go horizontal, so moving across like this favors the shield, whereas without it you now also have to control its upward movement which is made much more difficult while moving.

Final thoughts: well he's certainly not game breaking like people tend to picture him as, but he does require some nerfing. Thermite got nerfed. Kapkan got nerfed. Frost got nerfed. I see no reason why Blackbeard would not get nerfed.

>>144209031
It's a good game, buy it. As for people claiming this is a bad thread, don't worry about it too much. Discussion of a video game is not bad, whether it's criticism or blogposting (just keep both low). If you want to see a truly bad thread, go to one of the big ones. They're overrun with shitposters and waifufags. We keep both fairly low, honestly.
>>
>>144211860
nobody cares about your webms
>>
>>144214151
Don't be mean anon

>>144211860
>>144208947
>>144206986
Thank you for the video evidence mang
>>
>>144208047
>Cheesy looking Adrian helmet for Rook
>It's a tier 3 30k renown headgear
That shit's at least a tier 2
>>
>>144206986
>>144208947
>>144211860
Anon who requested them here, thanks man. Will check them out when I get home later today, I'm out and on phone right now
>>
>>144205962
I know it doesnt matter, but losing every game because teammates rush into bottlenecks/die instantly is a pain, I end up having to 1v5 and it usually doesnt work out in my favour.
>>
>>144206986
>>144208947
I always did find Blackbeards recoil to be a little bit off sometimes.

Kinda strange wouldn't the shield lower recoil?
>>
>>144209031
It's a really good game, legit. Even if it's by ubi. It's literally the only good ubi game released this decade.

I spent 3 days trying to fix a completely fucking broken game, and I was angry and frustrated. Honestly it was worth the work to get it to work.

Get it as cheap as possible tho
>>
I think they should make the sound the cluster charge makes when it's about to be placed should be softer. I can clearly hear it being placed and headshot fuze through the wall.

I never play him but it just feels kind of underpowered to me.
>>
>>144216913
Idunno, never had people spot me as fuze.
Today I was sitting right under a hatch and suddenly heard "FOMP FOMP FOMP FOMP"
I didn't hear a thing and I hadn't moved at all.

Even if its audible fuze can ask people to generate noise while he does it.

An new operator whose gimmic is they make noise would be great.
>masks shield movement
>masks repositioning
>masks device setups
it'd be great.
>>
>>144215221

Blackbeard and gla are getting good ones next
>>
I managed to get my second ever trap kill by kapkan
I hid it in a barbed wire.

After I died to a similiar trapkan. I swear I didn't see any lasers or anything.

I now have 2 trapkan kills after playing it the most as defence for in my 10 hours of playtime. Even if the traps don't work he's still a great roamer

How do I get more trapkan kills, what are best meta kapkan strats
I think my biggest weakness is not knowing the maps
>>
>>144209031

I got it a couple days ago and I do not regret it, it's a lot of fun once you get used to the games pace. As for >>144216562 I picked it up for like 25 from a key site. It was a Uplay key but you're forced to use it anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
Anyone have thoughts on the poverty version of this game? Does anyone know if shit unlocked during free weekend might carry over?
>>
>>144218486
it propaply carries over like it always does.
>>
File: 194yrfojto6z5jpg.jpg (105 KB, 640x838) Image search: [Google]
194yrfojto6z5jpg.jpg
105 KB, 640x838
Taiwanese operators when?
>>
File: 7whdR.jpg (64 KB, 961x506) Image search: [Google]
7whdR.jpg
64 KB, 961x506
>>144218848
BOPE when
>>
>Be me
>want to set up my turret in peace
>Valk starts shit, tries to be funny with TK
>Leg her
>notice I have 1 hp left and she's down bleeding out
>revive and cancel
>set up tachanka to fuck with her
>she tries to crawl away
>block her with armor shield
>keep revivecancelling until the little prick ragequits after death
>>
File: 54691919194545764.png (464 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
54691919194545764.png
464 KB, 620x620
>>144218848
>>144219947

Freedom when?
>>
>>144217470
>one of the guys complaining above has 10 hours of playtime
Oh
Yeah that makes sense
>>
>>144220464
>Mercenaries
>Neutral Evil

>Bandit
>Chaotic Neutral

Did the person making these simply go off of SoC? The entire series portrays the Bandits as faggots while Mercenaries just did whatever the highest bidder told them to do. Both need to be switched around.
>>
File: How to Unhook Kapkan.webm (3 MB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
How to Unhook Kapkan.webm
3 MB, 960x600
>>144217470
Use traps as bait for the most part. If you really want trap kills, you need to mind game the opponent by fucking around with barricades. I'm sure there's some anons around here who can tell you their preferred setup.

Or you can try to cheese them with the unhooking glitch, but it's a hassle to get it done right during a match. I don't recommend it unless you have the time and get it on the first try in matches. It's not something you should spend your prep phase trying to achieve.
>>
>>144222080
>Bandits
A nuuuuuu Cheeki Breeki Ee v Damkee!
>>
>>144222480

Id still do it
>>
how to use shields effectively?
>>
>>
>>144225159
Hide behind them
>>
>>144225159
Try not to get blowed up by c4.
>>
>>144225362
ive tried using blitz to flash guys shooting at me then headshotting them but honestly it has only wokred when I've been first one in and enemy wasn't expecting me so they look elsewhere while I take aim. Whenever I flash someone I get face full of magdump and die despite never leaving shield cover
>>
Gonna pick up Siege's starter edition tonight. Who are two must-have operators? Just asking so I know who to pick and not ruin my first impressions of the game just because I made a shitty choice.
>>
File: .jpg (3 MB, 3418x1463) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
3 MB, 3418x1463
>>144225878
Montagne and Tachanka
>>
>>144225878
atk:
-therm
-tatcher
-blackbeard

def:
-rook
-mute
-valkyrie
>>
>>144225779
Don't try to have a gunfight with them.
Use flash to get closer, and then just just shoot without leaving the shield cover of melee them.
>>
>>144225878
Thermite is a must have since he breaches through armored walls and fuze is great for panicking defenders

But honestly must haves and fun to haves are different things.
I enjoy fuze shitton but never play thermite or sledge, another often reccomended operator.

If you like playing medics tho, don't bother with doc. He's extremely luck based.
I'd reccomend going ash and fuze and for defence rook or mute, who are not neccesarily fun but are really useful to team.

Or do what I did and pick guys with the guns you want.
>>
I guess I'm too new
I did exacly that and was shooting at them and they recovered and just meleed the shit out of me while I was panicking and fumbling.

Still, just checked stats and my blitz KD ratio is 1.5 somehow
>>
>>144225878
Check

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/community/stats.aspx

to see how often operators get picked.
>>
>shoot at enemy
>he kills me
>there is bloodstain on the wall behind him
>he is at full hp
>killcam shows that he misses all of the shots but still manages to headshot me
Why do even try shooting fair 1v1 when it's not fair at all
>>
>on pc win ratio betwen A and D is 50% 50%
holy shit how did they do that
>>
>>144228112
don't even bother bringing killcam into this, it is as accurate as real time video feed in 4k on 56k connection.

But yeah, I've had that happen a lot, or
>shoot enemy
>clearly only I shot
>we both die

It's the garbage netcode
>>
>>144228223
I actually want to know why attack seems to have an advantage over defense on console, and why console prefer Castle and Jager over Smoke and Bandit.
>>
>>144228801
probs because aiming is harder so grenades are more useful. As for operators, your guess is as good as mine
>>
File: 1463875581261.png (139 KB, 358x344) Image search: [Google]
1463875581261.png
139 KB, 358x344
>>144188684
Stop posting some random ass Discord. Use the official Teamspeak instead.

The info is: OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
>>
>>144229781
does this mongolian pewter emailing board even play togehter on siege?
>>
>>144230128
All the time friend. Last week we got a 5v5 inhouse game together; was pretty fun.
>>
>>144229781
Are consolefriends allowed on teamspeak?
>>
>>144228801
I believe it has to do with window peaking and drones. On PC you're lucky to have your drone out for more than a second inside a room with defenders. On console, I think they struggle to hit a small, fast moving target. As a result, they'll get pinged constantly which gives ATK a chance to peak from a window not being covered and shoot them up. With joystick I'd imagine it must be difficult to be able to quickly change your aim fast and accurately enough to contest a window peaker.
>>
>>144227431
>no Frost
>no Buck
>no Valkyrie
>no Blackbeard

They really need to update this soon.
>>
Can we get a Xbox one console group started? every thread there is no info.
>>
I haven't played since right before they released new map + canadian waifu. Are there any big changes I should know about?
>>
I'm thinking of getting the starter pack, does the fact that I will only have 2 operators and buying them will cost more be any problem? or operators don't really matter much?
>>
>>144231743
Do it yourself faggot
>>
>join room
>have no idea what they're saying
>disconnect

So I never used TeamSpeak before. How exactly do you guys organize anything and get a game started? Are these rooms seperated by language or what?
>>
>>144231743
I'll Xbone when I get my copy, we can try to get a nice community going.
>>
>>144233064
Look at rooms if there are less than 5 bam you can join them. If there are 5 or more I just join a room and chill in there until people join and we split off and make our own squad. Nice job joining the Germans though
>>
>>144233320
Yeah, I assumed I should go to the room with less people and make it a 5v5. I just got confused when I my name, followed by a barrage of gibberish.
>>
>>144233495
Ich bin ein seiger.
>>
>>144232858
bumpy bump I'm clueless
>>
>>144232858
Depends. There's three big things to purchase:
-weapon mods. These are cheap. 1-2 games will get you enough for a mod
-aethestic stuff. Same prices in both versions and don't technically do anything.
-Operators.
Now, with the starter pack, you get 2 operators and enough credits for 2 more. Not counting DLC operators, who cost the same between versions, that's 4/20. So 16 remain.

In the base game, it'll take you about 20 hours to get all 20 base operators, but I'm gonna round that up to 24 for simplicity.

In the starter pack, it costs much more renown per operator. About 12 hours an operator, actually. However, this might still be cheaper. It's $5 for 600 credits, enough for 2 operators, or $40 for the 16 you need to complete the base roster.

So, using that math, here are your options:
$60 + 24 hours: base game at retail plus time to unlock original operators
$15 for the starter pack + $40 for enough credits = $55 for all original operators

So, to summarise:
-Cheaper than retail cost to buy the starter kit
-You save $5 for every 2 base game operators you grind out
-Would still probably be cheaper to just buy the base game on sale, even with grinding.
>>
>>144232858
You'll have to grind like two weeks or one week of tons of play to get one operator. As a Siege player I'd say just buy the normal game
>>
So this game just technically went F2P? With this starter edition?
>>
>>144235228
>$15
>free
>>
>>144235149
>>144235221
thanks, I guess I'll wait for the steam sale hoping for it to not die soonish
>>
>>144235461

It wont.
>>
>>144235228
It's not free since it still costs money. There also comes the penalty of having to grind even harder for most operators. Just to give you an idea: to buy all operators from a CTU in standard edition with Renown, you must pay 500, 1000, 1500, and 2000, respectively. With starter edition you need to pay 12,500 for each individual operator. Both of these editions do not even take into account the DLC operators, which go for 25,000 Renown each.

Please consider each one as you might get a bad impression of the game if you're stuck with only two operators and realize all the unlockables being released are also high price, pretty much forcing you to commit to unlocking new operators or buying skins/headgear.

Overall I'd say if you're really wanting to buy the game cheap and don't mind the grind, go for it. If you want to play most of the operators rather quickly or want to invest in yolo swag skins early, then standard is more reasonable. Season Pass is overkill and mainly bought by people who can't be bothered to grind for anything.
>>
>>144205442
>He missed out on 2 straight threads of reddit witch hunting.
>>
>>144235461

You can get a key from shady chinamen for like $25, that's what I did. Cheapest I've seen it go on sale for is like $40
>>
Should I get the Starter Pack for PC and the Standard Edition for console?
>>
>>144237694

Standard for PC, skip console
>>
What kind of terrorist hunt mission do you play to grind credits?

I've literally never touched the mode and I don't know.
>>
>>144237694
Standard if on sale. Starter if the former is not possible and you're not looking to unlock all the operators and just want like half of them (which can be purchased with real money individually, which would total to something less than the Standard edition). Only get Gold edition if you don't see yourself sinking enough hours to unlock anything any time soon and you'd prefer to get them fast.
>>
So I just found out I can't refund Overwatch despite not putting that many hours into it. Since I feel fucked for throwing money away, I might as well do it for a game I actually like. What premium bundle should I get and how noticeable is it in game?
>>
i played the free weekend a few weeks back and unlocked a bunch of operators, will i still have those if i buy the starter edition?
>>
>>144239772

Were not really sure but it did if you bought the standard if I recall
>>
Wait if the games $15 would there be more hackers or?
>>
>>144239973
eh, its only $20 so i bought it, will report back in when im finished installing
>>
File: 566c49e011bcb.jpg (255 KB, 1828x1028) Image search: [Google]
566c49e011bcb.jpg
255 KB, 1828x1028
Why did the decide to make IQ so fucking old (37?), is this some kind of mistake?

She looks like she's supposed to be lower twenties, considering her face and style.
>>
>>144239092
For me the Starter edition costs around 13$

Thats a good fucking deal if i ever seen one, the problem is buying the operators.

I dont see the game dropping below 33% off or at most 40% of the initial price.

Its so hard to decide, if i buy it now i save a fuck ton of money but i will be Recruit 24/7 probably
>>
File: 64345151842464.jpg (351 KB, 1000x1799) Image search: [Google]
64345151842464.jpg
351 KB, 1000x1799
>>144240449

M I L F

Frost is the only goddess of Siege
>>
File: 1455913889288.gif (2 MB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
1455913889288.gif
2 MB, 225x169
>>144239523
Disregard everything I said, I just saw the Spetsnaz skin.

>that simple black and white
>THOSE FUCKING ENGRAVINGS
>finally Kapkan's headgear will be in theme with his gun's skin

FUCKING SOLD
>>
File: 1455920036718.jpg (23 KB, 501x300) Image search: [Google]
1455920036718.jpg
23 KB, 501x300
>>144240656
>dirty chink diaspora
>Goddess
>>
>>144240604
>Its so hard to decide, if i buy it now i save a fuck ton of money but i will be Recruit 24/7 probably

You get 2 ops gratis, then enough Siegebucks to buy two more. So you get 4 operators unlocked right off the bat. The main problem is grinding for more since they'll be 12,500 each versus the 500→1000→1500→2000 price scaling. It's up to you on how you decide to unlock the operators. If it makes you feel better, you can always just buy some operators if you get tired of grinding all of them; you would still be saving money compared to just buying Standard. Standard only saves you time in the long run, honestly.
>>
You know what would be cool

Old operators getting new guns

>Thermite gets an AR-15
>SAS get an actual MP5
>Mosin or VSS for Glaz
>>
>>144240449
Have you seen a 20-some year old? They don't look that old. IQ would probably be in her early 30s, realistically.
>>
>>144240449
She's a /fit/ operator, of course she looks young.
>>
File: IQ_Concept_1.jpg (900 KB, 1920x1392) Image search: [Google]
IQ_Concept_1.jpg
900 KB, 1920x1392
>>144241549
>>144241930
I don't know, I don't buy that. But even ignoring her (in my opinion) youthful face, she's still got the style of somebody much younger. Like, she's almost 40 years old and has purple sneakers and hair sticking out of her balaclava?

Does this look like concept art for somebody that's supposed to be that old?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I get the feeling that the age was slapped on way later without much thought. Kind of like some of the operators almost being kids, even though they're supposed to be the best of their respective units.
>>
>>144237875
I primarily play console, my friends stick to f2p stuff on PC. That and if I have to play another multiplayer game on PC listening to kids bragging about their master race rigs, I might TK the team.

>>144239092
Thanks friend. Was considering gold just because it is the price of a new console game right now, and has that damn fine gold sheen to the case. Might go standard though.

>>144240197
Hopefully not.

>>144240449
She looks like a milf friend I have who is forty. Seems, and hardly "old" to me. That's a grand total of nine years away for me..10/10 would cover her six while on ops. (And not in a purely sexual manner.)
>>
>>144242760

Strange, I don't think I've ever encountered people bragging like that but I would say the ease of access to a good PC in the last few years has brought down the overall quality of PC multiplayer gaming (at least in these big games)
>>
>>144242724
If they were going full realistic operators, it would be like Rainbox Six 1-3. Nothing but heavy armor and silenced MP5s. A bit of color and style makes her stick out, but no so much that she would be a sore thumb on the battlefield.
>>
>>144242946
It's not every match, but happens enough to make the PC community seem very toxic. It was very common in Payday 2 and that sort of game, where people would openly hack and act like hot shit. But I suppose it is less about the platform and more about the players in the long run. I want to go PC, if standard or starter, just to play with the chill folks in this general.
>>
File: 1439332219982.jpg (328 KB, 1474x1223) Image search: [Google]
1439332219982.jpg
328 KB, 1474x1223
>>144240895
I'm still waiting for the red communist star Glaz headgear
>>
File: 5948948445451841.jpg (79 KB, 606x403) Image search: [Google]
5948948445451841.jpg
79 KB, 606x403
>>144243338

>Toxic

You do understand where you are right now right?
>>
>>144243529
Yep. I've been here for a decade now, but generally 4chan communities are mostly reasonable and decent. You get chucklefucks and a lot of banter, sure. But at the end of the day you still have bros who have your back. Neckbeards and the occasional rager over toxic kids and normies anyday.
>>
>>144243751

Our reddit is extremely shit all they care about is esports and overwatch
>>
>>144240449
IQ is cute! CUTE!

Not too old! Still hip!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMoWaKHqlJc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>144243338
R6S has nothing to do with Payday, though. Nobody brags about their rig in Siege because everybody's busy making callouts and other stuff. The most you'll hear about a PC is when someone's loading and they say the guy has a toaster, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>144244589
Fair enough. I'll probably drop some cash on copies for console and PC in that case. After that video Literalshill dropped of the teamspeak and whatnot, it seems far too fun to be missed out on.
>>
File: 1378664675137.gif (177 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
1378664675137.gif
177 KB, 500x419
>>144244386
Sorry, but that desync makes it unwatchable for me. Farthest I got was the one minute mark. Also:

>shooting the hostage
>when he's completely still and on his knees
>he stared at him for two full moons
>even looks like he's hesitant on whether or not it's the hostage
>still shot him
>>
>>144245625
Yea, I looked up the reason and it was because of the way the footage was saved. I would have to convert all the footage and re-cut everything. I thought it was just premiere being a bit slow while in editor but after exporting it stayed.
>>
File: avaliable.png (1 MB, 1328x754) Image search: [Google]
avaliable.png
1 MB, 1328x754
>these rules
>that misspelling
>game still crashes for the players causing resets

Remind me why this esports shit is a thing.
>>
Great to know this general doesn't have shitters in it
>>
>tfw play casual only
>some old friend I met when the game had just launched asked me to play ranked with his buddies and him
>sure whatever
>carry them all, even though they were all gold/silver and a platinum
feels good fämälámãzôìd
>>
>>144248089
>1 shield per team

Why? If a shitter team wants to do shield team 6 and lose let them.
>>
>tfw grinded hard to get the black ice bundles for all the factions but spetsnaz
>tfw use them on all my weapons now
>tfw I hate them now and don't want to waste more renown on other skins
>>
>>144218848

That's some badass shit right there.
>>
>>144248362
I think you encounter more tryhards in casual than in ranked if you are a silver scrub like me.
>>
>>144248089
>4 bans per teams

What does this mean?
>>
File: 1412390204941.jpg (28 KB, 489x488) Image search: [Google]
1412390204941.jpg
28 KB, 489x488
>>144240656

Frost is easily the best waifu.

>>144248089

They don't give a fuck.
>>
>>144250003

Esport shitters cant face certain operators
>>
>>144250143
IQ > Ash > Frost
>>
>>144250003
This means no thermite, valkyrie, blackbeard and kapkan, the most overpowered operator in the game.
>>
File: 1412737185454.png (194 KB, 710x504) Image search: [Google]
1412737185454.png
194 KB, 710x504
>tfw i see someone with one of the premium headgear items that can only be bought with shill credits at absurd prices
>>
>>144250003
Map bans, which sucks because House and every other map that has been played to death always gets picked. I want to see how they handle Border, fuck.
>>
File: haha.gif (37 KB, 100x80) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
37 KB, 100x80
>>144250401
This should be your reaction, anon
>>
>>144250229
>Hello, I have shit taste. Nice to meet you.
>>
>>144250401
>>144250590
>>144250614

brb killing self
>>
I'm trying me best to actually give a shit about esports, but holy fuck the stream just keeps dying. Anything Ubisoft tries to be involved with is a joke.
>>
>>144250686

Embarrassing.
>>
File: ESPORTS.png (284 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ESPORTS.png
284 KB, 1680x1050
Well I'm done. If there really are Ubisoft employees who hang out in these threads, please look at this joke of a scene and just stop prioritizing esports over releasing patches for everybody. Thank you.
>>
>>144250614
Nice to meet you too.
>>
File: viewer drop.png (36 KB, 339x992) Image search: [Google]
viewer drop.png
36 KB, 339x992
>>144251220
Oh yeah, and stream went from a little over a 1000 views to 700 once the crash happened. Not even Twitch could handle this bullshit.
>>
>>144251581

I've always wanted a friend with shit taste. Would you like to be that friend?
>>
>>144251704
Why are you talking to yourself?
>>
Is Ubi intentionally deleting skins? I got the skins for logging in on V Day and Patty's Day, and this is the second time I've logged in and they're just gone. Fuck you Ubisoft you money-grubbing shitters.
>>
>>144250686
>Nine hundred sixty (960) Clancy Bucks
>>
TIRED OF CHEATERS THIS SHIT GAME. Just bought R6S cheater (starter) edition for 15$ and downloaded some hax. See you in ranked faggots.
>>
>>144251793

I'm talking to the person with shit taste, which means I'm talking to you, anon. Don't be shy.
>>
>>144252019
You're part of the problem, you dumb frogposter.
>>
>>144252384
Are you looking at a mirror right now?
>>
>>144252508

It's okay, anon. Have you not accepted your shit taste yet? Oh shit, dude...I'm sorry, I didn't know. I didn't trigger you, did I?
>>
>>144252386
Do I look like I give a fuck? My rank is the only thing that matters. Thanks ubi for being this stupid and releasing a cheap version of a game infested with cheaters.
>>
>>144252592
>>144251793
>>
>>144252880

It's okay, anon. I'm here for you. It's alright if you have shit taste. We accept you for what you are.
>>
twitch dot teve slash rainbow6
>>
>>144252871
maybe csgo is something more of your speed.
>>
>>144253178
Wake me up when it's over
>>
>>144240407
Whats the good word anon?
>>
>>144252871
>complain about cheaters
>becomes a cheater
>acknowledging that rank is fucked because cheaters so it should mean nothing
>still caring about rank to the point of wasting money to cheat

Of course the frogposter is a retard.
>>
>>144253305
it wont be finished before i have to go to work so ill report back in in approximately 13 hours
>>
>>144252019
who hurt you?
>>
>>144253305
He will have everything he unlocked rewarded back to him in the form of the renown he spent on them.
>>
>>144253178
If anybody cares, they're playing on House now. It doesn't mean much, but given how much of a hard-on people get for that map I thought you guys might be slightly interested enough to check it out.
>>
Yo if anyone has trouble in the garage in Ski House (forgot the name) use this window im aiming at and throw a nitro might get an easy kill
>>
>>144253014
>>144251793
>>
File: 1413600531967.png (37 KB, 149x176) Image search: [Google]
1413600531967.png
37 KB, 149x176
>>144250686

Okay, I could honestly understand maybe buying a weapon skin or two that can be applied to all weapons that costs 2 or 3 bucks. That's not too crazy. But you do realize these fucking overpriced "premium" cosmetics aren't justifiable in any sense? If I recall correctly, that French operator weapon skin bundle is like 20 fucking bucks, and that's just for weapons for the Frenchies. How can you justify spending 5+ bucks for a mediocre-looking cosmetic for ONE, I repeat, ONE operator?
>>
>>144254141

Bucks my most played attacker thought I would get him something nice.

I only get headgear for operators I play alot and if they have a special one might aswell go big or go home.
>>
New to this game, decided to look at the "pro" games.

>they play on console

What the fuck?
>>
>>144254134

Anon, really, we accept you for your shit taste. It's nothing to be ashamed of, bud.
>>
>>144254428
if you're talking about the stream, only the spectator is using a controller
>>
>>144254568

Oh ok, that makes more sense
>>
>>144254553
>>144251793
>>
>>144254705

Anon, really, we accept you for your shit taste. No need to be shy about it.
>>
>>144253994
>Trinity not droning properly
>nobody from Ambition defending A site
>everybody from Trinity still goes to B site
>full team wipe, Ambition wins an easy round
>meanwhile casters are baffled at how retarded that whole round was

PRO LEAGUE

>>144254121
It's the furthest window to the right. You'll get the Nitro to land on top of the Snowmobiles. I know because I have no shame killing attackers with this cheesy strat.
>>
>>144254818
>>144251793
>>
>>144254901
>I know because I have no shame killing attackers with this cheesy strat.
You can also throw Valk camera there to be completely confident.
>>
>>144255846

Shhh, it's okay, anon. It's okay. We accept you. It's okay.
>>
>>144254302
Sledge > Buck
>>
File: 1447210948906.jpg (84 KB, 551x720) Image search: [Google]
1447210948906.jpg
84 KB, 551x720
>>144250686
this guy shows up every fucking thread i swear
>>
>>144256206

Been here since the beginning.

Someone Say Splatoon is bad I wanna see that shitstorm again
>>
>>144256051
>>144251793
>>
>>144256320

Anon, it's alright. Everything's going to be okay.
>>
File: freebies.png (781 KB, 1204x385) Image search: [Google]
freebies.png
781 KB, 1204x385
i'm kind of glad that they did this. i always felt like asking for 90$ + (CAD) was holding this game back from having a larger player base. this is probably gonna fix just that.

and yes before anyone points it out there will probably be more cheaters because of this.
and they probably should have released this after getting a proper anticheat going.
>>
>>144256506
>>144251793
>>
>>144256539

Its being "Tested"

How fucking hard is it to get punkbuster?
>>
>>144256706
That costs money the Ubi higher ups aren't willing to spend, apparnetly.
>>
>>144256589

It's going to be okay, anon. I mean, maybe there's a cure for your shit taste...but I doubt it. You just have to learn to love yourself, man.
>>
>>144256942
>>144251793
>>
>>144256984

It's okay, bud. There are plenty of self-help books out there.
>>
>>144257097
>>144251793
>>
>>144205442

>>144256984
>>144257097
>>
>>144257347

Don't worry, buddy. I'll be your friend. Even if you have shit taste, I think you could be a cool guy. No need to be shy.
>>
File: dude what.png (665 KB, 952x536) Image search: [Google]
dude what.png
665 KB, 952x536
>>144248089
>1 shield only
>4 fucking bans

So Thermite never
Thatcher never
Valk never
Rook never
>>
>>144257820
They're map bans.
>>
File: 1462940117931.jpg (67 KB, 567x505) Image search: [Google]
1462940117931.jpg
67 KB, 567x505
>>144257820
Map bans
>>
Why is it that everyone who plays games online has a fucking race car chair? They look so stupid.
>>
>>144257605
>>144251793
>>
>>144257950
Well that's still pretty retarded.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.