[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/emugen/ - Emulation General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 15
File: Cemu - SM3DW 12.png (1 MB, 1288x769) Image search: [Google]
Cemu - SM3DW 12.png
1 MB, 1288x769
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before posting. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ
>>
Headerless .nes: all of the game's data, but not all of the game's information. What's the point in doing this? The type of cartridge containing the ROM is just as important to record.
>>
Someone want to tell me why anyone is bothering with making a Wii U emulator? There's literally nothing worth playing on it. We might as well start making a N-Gage or Hyperscan emulator if we've really come to the point where there's nothing better to make an emulator for.
>>
>>136987970
Nintendo fans are absolutely deranged and obsessed with Nintendo games. Any first party games they will immediately get to work on being able to play them on PC to preserve them. Meanwhile we Sonyturds just play the games and feel like nothing is worth preserving beyond like 6-7 games and we're not going to bust our asses to make an emulator just for that.
>>
>>136987959
There is no point to it. NES games need headers.
>>
File: emugen-4fun4friends.png (396 KB, 424x479) Image search: [Google]
emugen-4fun4friends.png
396 KB, 424x479
>>136987559
>>
Is there a newer Cemu for Patreon donators?

1.4.0 is amazing and I'm looking forward to what's to come.
>>
>>136989572
I believe the schedule is:
Public release > 2 weeks > Patreon release > 1 week > Public release ...
>>
i just accidentally overwrite my savestate, is there a way to get it back?
>>
>>136988162
>>136987970

I don't think you can understand any of the reasons why people actually develop emulators in the first place.

hint: they don't give a shit about pleb current gaming taste or what you want as a end-user, this is the least of their concern and the ability to play games "for free" is often secondary to them.

If you want to understand things, you need to see them from another side than your own limited perception,which is kinda hard when you are a kid or a manchild obsessed by playing videogames
>>
I'm using a Nvidia Shield K1, is there a way to get the soundtracks to work with ePSXe?

Also Dolphin seems to stay on the usual black screen on the last x32 build for dolphin even while using OpenGL
>>
>>136995913
How complicated could the reasons be? Why don't you just explain instead of pretending like it transcends understanding.
>>
>>136995913
No surprise those without autism have trouble understand the actions of an autist.
>>
This is harmful to open source! Users are actually touching our source code!!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4ci989/luigis_mansion_dark_moon_now_boots_in_citra/
>>
>>137002631
>https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4ci989/luigis_mansion_dark_moon_now_boots_in_citra/

It's a good attitude to make themselves irrelevant whenever the closed-source and payware equivalent to Citra hits.

Honestly, open source projects need to start getting smart, fast, and drop this autismal bullshit 'circlejerk' attitude. You can't keep playing elitist and acting like you are the only game in town when there are other people that might not have your same moral value code and might actually leave you behind.
>>
>>136997881
Funniest is when idiots use the work of said autist or got crazy angry because said autist has done more in a few weeks than they would ever do in their whole life
>>
>>137002631
It's harmful when code monkeys start to put their dirty ignorant hands into emulator source code without even knowing what they are doing, just to make some popular game "boot" so that they can have their one-day reddit fame too...

Open-source projects also die because of meaningless contributions overdose and lack of well-structured and intelligent pull requests
>>
>>137004714
They die if every retarded pull request is accepted.
>>
>>137004714

It's funny that a 'tester guy' like JMC47 puts himself into the shoes of a "dev" when he hasn't earned that accolade yet at all, and even when he would start coding, I very much doubt it'd be above the level of a vgturtle.

Honestly, certain guys should know when to shut the fuck up and stop acting like they are part of a development team.
>>
>>137004251
Wow an imperfect copy of something that can run rehashes, truly everyone should be jealous of their existence.
>>
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=5627

This sounds ambitious as fuck. Holy shit.

I guess this is what happens when you get a real developer involved in emulation.
>>
>>137006998

>real developer

I dare you to stick your nose into Retroarch codebase: it's an horrible mess that once tried to be too much generic and ended uncontrollably mutated because of its initial design flaws, that no real developers want to work on it, leaving only amateur enthusiasts who sadly lack good coding practices and organization skills.

And we have been here before: someone who thinks he found the ultimate solution to solve an issue that people had faced for years then realize problem is more complicated that he naively tought initially.
>>
>>137007571
No need to spam your shitty, wrong copypasta
>>
>>137006998
>This sounds ambitious as fuck.
It also sounds highly idealistic. I certainly welcome this new attempt, but my gut tells me API limitations are going to be a bitch when it comes to the sometimes completely autistic behavior of N64 games.
>>
>>137007571
>I dare you to stick your nose into Retroarch codebase: it's an horrible mess that once tried to be too much generic and ended uncontrollably mutated because of its initial design flaws,

Point to something better that tries to do as much and covers as much.
>>
>>137007571
>I dare you to stick your nose into Retroarch codebase: it's an horrible mess that once tried to be too much generic and ended uncontrollably mutated because of its initial design flaws

The code is fine, what are you talking about.
>>
>>137007571
>that no real developers want to work on it
>implying Themaister isn't a "real developer"

Wew lad
>>
>>137012145

N64 devs be salty even though none of them properly understand the RDP rasterizing code in Angrylion to begin with (other than Angrylion himself).

Wonder how many constructive responses that thread by maister is going to get on PJ64, that will be the ultimate barometer as to how many in the N64 dev camp even understand the RDP/RSP.
>>
>>137004714
>Open-source projects also die because of meaningless contributions overdose and lack of well-structured and intelligent pull requests

Name 1 project that this actually happened to
>>
>>137012272
>N64 devs be salty even though none of them properly understand the RDP rasterizing code in Angrylion to begin with (other than Angrylion himself).
You are completely wrong. I do not know why you would even say something this ignorant.

>>137006998
>I guess this is what happens when you get a real developer involved in emulation.
Rofl. Terrible bait.
>>
Which one of these is accurate

http://m.imgur.com/a/rUZRk
>>
>>137013363
>You are completely wrong. I do not know why you would even say something this ignorant.

Then why has no one made a better software RDP than Angrylion?
>>
>>136989946
So is trying to make money off emulators the new hot thing?
>>
>>137004251
That implies the work of the autist is important, but preserving Wii U games is anything but.
>>
>>137014003
>Then why has no one made a better software RDP than Angrylion?
People have optimized Angrylion's. Just that no one is collaborating, so they mostly keep it private. You can find forum posts which prove that they have optimized the code.
>>
>>137014775
>Just that no one is collaborating, so they mostly keep it private.

Wow it's fucking nothing
>>
>>137014775
>>137013363
Can you please put on a trip so I can filter you? Every time I see your posts replying to like eight different other posts about the N64 with nothing but incorrect information and autistic ranting, I die a little inside.
>>
>>137014917
>Wow it's fucking nothing
Not my problem if people are too lazy to look for posts to optimize Angrylions. Most devs would rather be upstream than have their own optimized fork. That's why the remaining dev(s) optimizing Angrylion just keep to themselves. No point if no one else cares.
>>
>>137015210
Posting a few sentences = autistic ranting :) .

>nothing but incorrect information
prove it.
>>
>>137015315
There is so much wrong with this mentality I don't even want get into it.

N64 emulation is doomed forever if everyone with specific knowledge has this attitude.
>>
>>136987959
>>136988259
The point is that is that keeping arbitrarily formatted data as part of the the file is a horrible practice when your goal is archival.

There's no practical downside to other than "boo hoo, I can't play the latest redump set with [some NES emu]. MUH GAEMS." or just plain old aversion to change due to autism.
>>
>>137015904
Go to bed byuu
>>
>>>/m/14059836

>Front Mission 3 still freezes in epsxe
>2016

muh accuracy
>>
>>137015904
Just remove the header if you're so autistic
>>
>>137016060
I forgot /m/ existed
>>
>>137018851
Don't ever forget again.
>>
>>137018851
/m/ is my homepage you fuck
>>
>>137018989
>having such a boring life that your homepage is an internet message board about pretend robots
>>
>>137015662
I forgot to mention that there are old forks of Angrylion's (publicly available) that still have useful optimizations not present in current versions of Angrylion's.

It just goes to show that optimizations just aren't a high priority for most devs who are interested in Angrylion's.

Even a non-coder could port some optimizations over, so I don't entirely blame devs for this situation. They have given others the chance to easily contribute.

>N64 emulation is doomed forever if everyone with specific knowledge has this attitude.
It's especially doomed if non-contributors continue to blame devs for every problem while not doing any contributing themselves. fallaha56 is the perfect example of this. https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/905#issuecomment-201819761. He plays the blame game, fails to realize the real problem, and contributes nothing.

I may not agree with some of these devs, but they have done their part. I'm not going to sit here and blame them for everything, when they have paved the way for others to accomplish great things.
>>
>>137019645
What should his homepage be? CNN?
>>
>>137016060

Is it the game that inherently has freezing issues or is it the emulator?

Because FM3 is a pretty big game for the PS1, and if Mednafen can play it fine then that's a big selling point.

It can freeze in psx and epsxe.
>>
>>137014598
With the rate they're improving things it seems like they've made this their actual job or something. Even for just ~$1400 a month. And with only a 1 week lag I'm honestly fine with the system they're using. It keeps them motivated, at least.
>>
>>137020483
/d/ and /emugen/ obviously.
>>
Whats the best/favorite NES core?
>>
>>137022804
>Even for just ~$1400 a month
Are they really making that much?
>>
>>137023560
Nestopia for cycle accuracy and accurate palettes
FCEU for inaccurate but more eye pleasing palettes.
>>
File: Shekels.png (562 KB, 1134x795) Image search: [Google]
Shekels.png
562 KB, 1134x795
>>137023586
Give or take, yeah. And I imagine it'll slowly trickle its way to higher numbers as the project improves and word gets further out there.
https://www.patreon.com/cemu
>>
>>137023717
Thanks, I've been using FCEU but I've noticed some stuttering/frame drops. Is that FCEU or just NES in general? or a setting in the emulator possibly?
>>
>>137024292
Wonder whether Nintendo could take this shit down.
>>
>>137025030
They can't, emulation is 100% legal. I mean they can try, then just stall it out, have them bleed money until dry and quit.
>>
>>137027827

yeah right, non clean room reversing is not legal.
>>
>>137024292
Wow, I'm honestly surprised that many people are willing to pay for emulation. I also find it sad that people even wonder why certain systems aren't flourishing in the emulation scene. There's no way that emudevs for certain other systems could receive even close to that much in donations.

I'd gladly accept that kind of money and do nothing but code. I honestly don't see why some have a huge problem with others making some money off emulation. If it means that they can quit their day job to work on emulation, how is that even an issue?
>>
>>137028497
I mean it's shit if you live in the US or EU but you're a billionaire if you live in Russia.
>>
Why the fuck is OpenEmu such a piece of shit in terms of performance

Like I can throw any filter or resolution at most cores on RA without trouble but when it comes to this shit I get a few skipped frames every 5-10 seconds or so even with bilinear filtering.
>>
>>137030390
>OpenEmu
Why...?
>>
>>137031186
You know why John.
>>
>>137031186
You know why...
>>
>>137030390
probably because openemu is a piece of shit
>>
>>137031243
>>137031604
I don't get it
>>
File: Cemu - SM3DW 22.png (2 MB, 1284x765) Image search: [Google]
Cemu - SM3DW 22.png
2 MB, 1284x765
bump
>>
>>137032531
Well ok I'll tell you

I like the pretty little colors (or covers more like)
>>
>post thread on random emulation forum
>fox_sodomizer shows up and fags up the thread

Every time
>>
>>137037241
Just drop some furry/bestiality reference and he'll go away.
>>
>>137037241
why are you stocking him???
>>
File: HELP.png (137 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
HELP.png
137 KB, 300x350
>>137035567
>>
Are plugins a bad design?
>>
>>137042751
>Are plugins a bad design?
In a diverse environment, no.
>>
>>137016060
epsxe is more accurate than a real ps1 so it can't handle it
>>
>>137042751
Theoretically no. All programs are plugins in a way since every system needs to be programmed anyways.

It's only shit when they go closed source because then everything is hinging on the fact that they won't up and disappear all of a sudden.

Closed source definitely set back some emulators several years. It's hard to resist something that works but other people are less motivated to create something better when a popular alternative exists even if it's not maintained anymore.

Just look at espxe and how long it took for something else to show up.
>>
>>137044972
Closed source is not a valid excuse for lack of progress in a different emulator. If a select few are able to accomplish more than everyone else combined, then that should tell you something..

Shunyuan stole code and close sourced his work, but that didn't stop others from progressing. Now his plugins are effectively obsolete.
>>
How long have you been following the emulation scene?
>>
>>137046150
>If a select few are able to accomplish more than everyone else combined, then that should tell you something..

That some secret docs are being hoarded along with the source code?
>>
File: 1459351393250.png (1 MB, 1300x4704) Image search: [Google]
1459351393250.png
1 MB, 1300x4704
>Windows development

Not even once
>>
>>137047519
>That some secret docs are being hoarded along with the source code?
That's assuming they did no REing of their own.

There are open source authors who hoarded secret docs, as well.
>>
>>136987970
Because it's easy to narrow down the five games anyone would want to play on it and make it work for those games.

Also because some people have better opinions than yours.
>>
File: Cemu - SM3DW 32.png (746 KB, 1289x767) Image search: [Google]
Cemu - SM3DW 32.png
746 KB, 1289x767
bump
>>
>>137049978
Here's how I add a drop down. I go into VB5 and then enter the GUI designer screen and there's some little drop down that lets me add a drop down. Then I click it and one appears. Then I position it how I want it. Then there's some code you have to add to the underlying program that tells it what each item on the dropdown should say and do. There. Done. Stop using more complex programming languages to be hardcore. use visual basic. It's easy.
>>
Has anybody tried New Mario Bros U or New Luigi U on Cemu 1.4.0? How does it play?

If the "New Mario Bros"-engine Mario Maker is any indication, I'd imagine it mostly works with minor stuttering here and there, because that's my own personal experience with it in Mario Maker.
>>
>>137058314
I'll tell you how Dong Freeze plays. It plays at 6 FPS with no sound and garbled text.

Fuck. I just want to throw my god damn Wii U away.
>>
>>137059507
what are your computer specs? wondering if it's really the emulator or if your machine is garbo.
>>
>>137056325
>use Visual Basic to develop Windows
I think you missed the point.
They'd also have to re-write everything to even be able to do that.
>>
>>137059793
i5 2500k at 4.9 ghz and a R9 290.

It's not my machine. I can get 60 FPs on games like Toad's Treasure Tracker. Didn't get a chance to try 3D World yet.
>>
>>137046754
>2001
>find neogaf emulation thread
>wow everyone is a faggot, lets get out of here
>lose interest in the 'scene'

>fast forward, 2013
>wow, everyone is a batshit insane faggot, now this is fun
>>
>>137060835
Ah, alright. I'm sporting a i5 2500 myself and a GTX950. I guess the emulator really needs more work for DK.

What's really the point of overclocking? I'm able to get along just fine with stock speeds. Heck, I was emulating Mario Maker last night and streaming it at the same time.
>>
>>137058314
According to reddit/cemu wiki, they both run at 60 fps, but coins are invisible.
>>
Has the Dong Expansion bug been fixed?
>>
>>137061552
Because I emulate all the fucking time and games like Mario Galaxy on Dolphin need every ghz they can get to play without slowdown.

I haven't tried Galaxy in a while so it might not need it but a few years ago, it was a godsend for playing The Last Story without issues.

Plus, overclocking doesn't hurt at all. It only goes to those speeds if it needs to. It's really just raising the cap of attainable speed that it can grab from if needed. My clock isn't even 100% stable but it can last at least 10-15 min at absolute full capacity, it's stable for anything around 4.7 and below, and nothing I'm ever going to do is going to use that much capacity for that long.
>>
>>>/vr/3100669
>>
>>137059840
Well if they're dumb and want to make "portable" software yeah it's going to be harder because MS are ducks and aren't going to make it possible for you to port to mac. So you'll have to use a less usable language
>>
>>137064336
I took care of it anon. You're welcome.
>>
>>137064336
/vr/ serving only the very best of emulation shitposting as usual
>>
>>137065741
emugen is worse
>>
>>137066526
i left /vr/ because it was a dedicated shitposting street, this place is a royal garden in comparison
>>
>>137065087
I took care of you
>>
>>137064407
No, you jackass, those quotes are supposedly from a Windows developer. Someone working on Windows 10.
Not some random idiot developing FOR Windows, but actually developing the OS.
>>
>>137064336

People still complain about Front Mission 3 freezing in epsxe.
>>
>>137068667
Well who gives a fuck then? Let them suffer for developing such a shitty OS that forces updates on me and sends all my personal data to MS
>>
https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/commit/ea216cf8678a804da1fbbcd3c00863e0dad2f31d

>tfw you will never add glide64gSPSetVertexColorBase/glide64gSPCIVertex
>>
VGTURTLE127 ECTЬ CУКA БЛЯTЬ
>>
>>137070043
wut?
>>
So, how am I supposed get Project 64 without installing Artemis?
>>
>>137071263
project64u on wordpress or emucr
>>
>>137070043
So SP is finally going through with the hybrid renderer stuff? Neat.
>>
>>137073867
explain pls
>>
>>137071263
It's completely portable. Just install in a sandbox, then copy the files out.
>>
>>137069563
It's Front Mission 3. No one cares.
>>
>>137075340
It's one of the best games on the system m80
>>
>>137075395
Since you responded nicely I'll retract my previous comment. I'm sure some people like it, it isn't for me though.
>>
>>137075325
That is of course a completely sensible thing to require of end users. Why are people still putting up with their bullshit?
>>
Glide64 is a plugin original made for video cards using Glide, an ancient low-level api. And that plugin had a glide wrapper built into it in order to work on modern GPU's. Is this correct?

Does that reflect the current state of Glide, or is it fully ported to ogl now? I'm a bit confused.
>>
File: Cemu - SM3DW 46.png (907 KB, 1287x770) Image search: [Google]
Cemu - SM3DW 46.png
907 KB, 1287x770
>>
File: Cemu - SM3DW 49.png (508 KB, 1286x769) Image search: [Google]
Cemu - SM3DW 49.png
508 KB, 1286x769
>>137078019
No audio during the credits.
>>
>>137078019
Holy shit, why would you take this overdarkened weird-sounding shit all the way through, why wouldn't you wait until the game works properly since it's so close now?
>>
File: Cemu - SM3DW 50.png (615 KB, 1283x768) Image search: [Google]
Cemu - SM3DW 50.png
615 KB, 1283x768
>>137078228
And then fin.

>>137078295
Because it's playable, and why not.
>>
>>137078228
JESUS CHRIST, DECAF, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.
>>
>tfw cemu will be the pj64 of wii U emulation
>tfw decaf is going to be like mupen64
Wii U emulation is DOOMED
>>
>>137078589
How is it that /emugen/ is the only place that's impossible to impress with a rapidly-progressing WEE EWE EMULATOR? It's big ass news that it's happening at all let alone starting to be playable this early.
>>
>>137072412
Requires Mega usage
>>
>>137077928
>Glide64 is a plugin original made for video cards using Glide, an ancient low-level api.
Correct.

>And that plugin had a glide wrapper built into it in order to work on modern GPU's. Is this correct?
You actually have to use an external wrapper (dll). Although Project64's version has the wrapper statically linked in.

>Does that reflect the current state of Glide, or is it fully ported to ogl now? I'm a bit confused.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think Glide64mk2 and libretro's Glide64 are fully ported to ogl.
>>
>>137076592
Look at actual corporations and what they require of their users.
MS: Sign over your HDD content to us and give us all your emails and shit
Google: Anything you give to us we use to build a profile of you to market shit to you and we sell your info to everybody
Every IM platform now: give us your phone number or you can't use this service

What Project64 does is just in line with the big guys
>>
>>137079701
Yeah, I'm sure that Google compiles lists of everyone who uses Chrome's bank account information, then completely shuts down a computer and makes it incapable of working. Totally comparable.
>>
>>137071263
run the installer CLI with /noads
>>
>>137080103
or just don't use pj64
>>
>>137079335
We aren't stupid enough to get excited by commercialized closed source trash. Your Patreonware based on stolen docs for a current gen system isn't useful to anyone but little pirate kiddies from shitholes like gbatemp and reddit who don't get enough allowance from mom to buy the real hardware. They'll put up with any kind of hackjob garbage if it runs their Mario and Zelda warez in any capacity, like this shitlord here >>137078553
>>
File: 1395967356844.png (169 KB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1395967356844.png
169 KB, 310x325
Does anyone here have a Skylake processor and uses PCSX2? Does it perform better than Intel's previous generation?
>>
>>137072412
emucr is the better choice. It is better to get the latest version because it keeps getting better and better :) .
>>
>>137082595
Is there any evidence than the maintainer of emucr is still alive?

Like, has anyone corresponded with him? Has he done anything in recent months?
>>
>>137082298
Not unless you're using the Windows 10 Advantage(TM).

Remember fellow normie, Windows7 is no longer supported on Skylake processors
>>
>>137084052
Really? Windows 10 is needed?

I have Windows 7 on my computer, but thankfully I have an i5-4690k. I was just curious because I was thinking of getting a Skylake for an ITX build.
>>
>>137084052
>literally NO benefit to moving on from Windows 7
>they even tried to give Win10 to us for FREE
>then tried to force it because people won't even take Win10 for free
If it weren't literally the US-government-sponsored malware we used to make fun of the tinfoil hats for predicting, I'd feel bad for them.
>>
>>137084281
That's mostly tongue in cheek but it comes from something MS put out a bit ago about them no longer supporting Skylake on anything but 10 after a certain point. If you're using W7 on Skylake you will get updates (related to the CPU?) until around 2017, then only critical ones. The problem is we do not exactly know what this means. Like will it cause instability or bugs or the like? Maybe not. Really, MS has gone absolutely insane pushing W10 so I would not use it. There has to be some ulterior motive behind it that will in the end make them tons of money. It will become clear with time. They won't just give away the OS for free unless they have some kind of strategy that will cost you money and W10 is the bait for it.

If I were you I'd just get the CPU and stay on 7 but avoid updates. You need to avoid many updates on 7 now anyway due to MS' bullshit because they have begun forcing 10 onto people's PCs who use 7 unless those people specifically block updates: http://boards.4chan.org/g/thread/53776014/
>>
>>137084962
it's not unclear why at all. just use win10. you can't win the game they make the rules for.
>>
>>137085325
You can if you stay on the old rules, i.e. decline all their updates.
>>
>>137085649
till anything that you wanna run you have to filter thru a virtualmachine?
i like dx12
>>
So when I try to configure PCSX2 for my Xbox One controller, it freezes in the lilypad configuration screen thing. Help? It's not an issue with drivers, I have the drivers installed. The controller works perfectly with other games and with Dolphin. It's also not an issue with PCSX2 not recognizing the controller, as when I test the controller under Config>Controllers>Plugin Settings>Device Diagnostics, the values change when the buttons are pressed/the sticks are stimulated. What happens is that when I'm in LilyPad svn 0.11.0 settings, under Pad 1, and I press E.G. Square and then go to press X on the controller to bind it, the whole program seizes up and stops responding. I'm on win10 x64 if it helps. PCSX2 1.2.1 I think, it's the latest version available on emuparadise
>>
>>137086410
What new software would you need to install on your PC? Just save the installers from the days when it worked on 7.

Only thing I can think of is PC games but they've all gone to shit anyway, so what's the point?
>>
>>137080583
>or just don't use pj64
there's no better alternative...
>>
>>137086520
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
>>
>>137087562
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>137087923
A version that isn't hideously out of date or from a super poor-quality site you shouldn't trust anything you get from to work.
>>
>>137088296
So just download the latest one?
>>
>>137088390
Look, even the normies know to at LEAST get the last official release from the actual project's website. You didn't even do that, you fished it out of the garbage bin! Anyway the buildbot's will be the absolute latest development versions.
>>
>>137088390
>So just download the latest one?
Yes, sir. There are occasionally regressions, but it should be fine. Have fun. If your PC is Nvidia, use the GL renderer.
>>
>>137080583
>or just don't use pj64
So why did you fork project64 then? https://github.com/MoochMcGee/project64-x
>>
>>137089903
I actually just built this PC and haven't put the gfx card in. I'm on my onboard graphics but they're better than you'd think.
>>
>>137090315
Because I wanted to remove the shitty malware bullshit.
>>
>>137090330
>I'm on my onboard graphics but they're better than you'd think.
Not for PCSX2, generally. PCSX2's more accurate GL renderer relies on optional GL4+ extensions that generally aren't well handled by integrated GPUs.
>>
>>137087562
>>137088296
>>137089001
>>137089903
>>137091191
Well I've updated and I'm still having the same problem.
>>
I'm trying to emulate Rogue Squadron II on GC with Dolphin and whenever I do anything the sound turns into this weird static, and with the overlaying sound effects I get this weird cacophony of static. Anyone know why? It stops when I pause the game but then starts up again after a few seconds, I haven't had this problem with other games
>>
>>137093652
Rogue Squadron II, like all Factor 5 games, is extremely tricky to emulate correctly. I believe only recent builds have gotten it working mostly correctly, but at a steep performance penalty.

I'd help you more, but I don't really emulate past 5th gen much.
>>
File: 1455417997.png (60 KB, 230x216) Image search: [Google]
1455417997.png
60 KB, 230x216
>>137083832
>>137083832
>>137083832
>>137083832
>>137083832

Conspiracy?
>>
>>137093918
Well that's a bummer. I remembered playing Rogue Squadron on N64, and loving it even though I guess people think it's bad(?), and was like 'Holy shit sequels?!'
>>
So I was looking through the wiki's RetroArch page, and this bit caught my eye:

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Using_RetroArch#Menu_runs_too_fast

It says to set Frame Throttle to 1.0x, but recent builds now have a setting called Menu Frame Throttle, which I assume takes care of the issue without needing to do this. As such, can this bit be safely modified?
>>
>>137094391
"safely"
JUST

no but actually, leave the config file open in your text editor m8, fuck with settings and restart retroarch a few times. If you find anything interesting, edit the wiki.
>>
>>137094568
He's talking about modifying the wiki, not his own settings.
>>
Is WipEout Fusion just one of those games doomed to not run well on PCSX2?
I downloaded the emulator just for that game and was praying that I wouldn't have to do any fucking around with settings or plugins, but by the looks of it I'm gonna have to do a lot of fucking around with settings and plugins.
Also worth noting that I am running AMD.
>>
>>137094568
Guess I'll do that.

Speaking of finding interesting things, here's a good one. For months I've been plagued by random video stuttering during gameplay on RetroArch, no matter the core. You see, I output to exclusive fullscreen on a secondary monitor. For the longest time this worked without issue, until recently. I messed with all kinds of video settings, dicked around with the Nvidia driver settings, enabled and disabled composition, everything. Nothing fucking made this go away. I tried to just ignore it for a while, but eventually it started driving me nuts.

Until today, when for some reason I decided to try to mess with the frame throttle settings, which I noticed were set to 1.0x or 2.0x, depending on the core. I set it to 0.0x while trying the 240p suite scroll test, and the stutter completely went away. I then tried 5.0x, and same thing.

I am simultaneously all degrees of glad and mad at the moment.
>>
>>137093652
You need to turn on LLE audio. Also, remember you can underclock the virtual GC to scrape some more performance.
>>
Oh, and it didn't help that outputting to the primary monitor gave me close to no such problems, so it led me on a wild googling goose chase, trawling through forum posts to see if anyone else was having stutter problems with secondary displays, and sure enough a bunch of people reported massive lag on their setups, which led me to believe that it was a driver bug.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>137095157
Thanks, sounds beautiful. Also
>that FMV on the start screen
why did games ever think this looked good?
>>
>>137087354
Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet, anon. If you want to play Saturn games you need to send daemontoolz guy your cc#
>>
>>137096184
>Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet, anon.
Only thing that comes close is 1964, which actually plays certain games better.

>If you want to play Saturn games you need to send daemontoolz guy your cc#
I used ultraiso back in the day, for SSF. Haven't tried SSF in years though.
>>
>>137094856
PAL version has fucked graphics (some graphics pop up over everything else for seemingly no reason) and US version has fucked audio that is also present on the real hardware (that weird sound when you take sharp turns)

It doesn't need anything special to run otherwise, DX11 works fine so you should be ok with AMD and it's not that demanding unless you go software mode so even an AMD CPU should do the trick (I do 8x res on a 770 without any sort of drops so even crappy GPUs can do 2-3x without any problems).
>>
File: Untitled.png (37 KB, 674x531) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37 KB, 674x531
>>137096953
I am using US version and I just cannot get the game to go above 40FPS. Granted I haven't messed around with the settings much, that's why I came here for advice if I was fucking anything up. If I'm in a certain part of the track and there aren't a lot of racers around me it will jump back to regular speed, but only for a couple of seconds before shit hits the fan again and I get a lot of slowdown.
Pic related are specs. I know, they aren't great.
>>
>>136987970
I thought the point was to make some older games look better, but the Wii U is already HD....so i don't get it?
>>
>>137097416
piracy
>>
Why make a Wii U emulator? It can't earn you fame and attention, allow the Wii U to be further hacked and dissected, or provide any kind of programming experience.
>>
>>137098496
Well it's making them a pretty good wad of cash.
>>
>>137097295
Should be good enough for Fusion though, try activating all the speedhacks minus EE cyclerate, VU cycle stealing and MTVU (this makes the game shit itself regardless of hardware)

I get over 100fps on a 4770k @ stock so your phenom should get about 60fps
>>
Who among us will save GLideN64?
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (57 KB, 1268x893) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
57 KB, 1268x893
overrides don't load automatically

configuration per core doesn't even work at all

what am I doing wrong
>>
>>137099031
Just tried that, it helped a bit I guess but I am still getting a lot of slowdown. I guess my framerate is actually alright, the game just runs super slow.
>>
>>137100110
>save GLideN64?
Lost cause.
>>
>>137100359
Using Retroarch instead of a stand alone
>>
>>137100359
Yeah you're doing it wrong, overrides need to go in e.g. /config/Mupen64plus/Mupen64plus.cfg

Game specific overrides are the same except the cfg filename should be the filename on the game e.g. /config/Mupen64plus/Super Mario 64 (USA).cfg
>>
>>137104046
Why doesn't retroarch save the override files where it needs them? I mean what's the point of "save new config" otherwise.
>>
>>137103021

Most standalones don't even have per-game configuration options, so that would be a downgrade.
>>
>>137104285
Overrides can't be saved right now from within RA because of how configs are handled, right now it would just save everything instead only changes. It's easy to make overrides manually though since they only need what's different from your "base" config.

The Save New Config thing just saves a new config that is not loaded automatically, intended to be loaded manually. The "per-core configuration" is a different thing that copies the entire config into a new file for each core you load automatically, so each core will have totally seperate configs after the initial copy of your "base" config.
>>
>>137100359
Like the other guy said overrides are different. You'd have to enable per-core settings to make it work with what you've got pictured there.

Remaps are something entirely different and can be painlessly created within RA as long as you have the remap path set.

BTW, while an override is in effect RA won't save changes to the current config file, unless something has changed recently. If you don't want to manually edit retroarch.cfg you can use save new config and replace with what it spits out.
>>
>>137023560
Nestopia
>>137024468
Could be any number of things. Disable shaders/Hard GPU Sync/Frame Delay first to see if that helps.
>>
File: screenshot2.jpg (51 KB, 947x712) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2.jpg
51 KB, 947x712
>>137105798
I deleted everything and tried per-core settings again (also disabled overrides, because they supposedly conflict or whatever) but it still does absolutely nothing even though it creates configs that should work.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.