[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swgg/ Star Wars The Old Republic General tbh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95
File: starwars5669d25e63132.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
starwars5669d25e63132.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1200
Finn is best Snow white edition(And only true love's kiss from Poe will wake him up)

This is mostly a general for swtor, but limited discussion of other games is allowed, as long as you find people who actually play shitty old sw games since most people who ask about those are ignored.

Feel free to ask questions about swtor, technical or not. A usual launcher issue is the "couldnt update/start, try later", for that you just delete the bit raider folder and wait for the launcher to redownload it.

>For General SWTOR info and finding people to play with:
http://pastebin.com/Cp37vLab (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

Referral system is broken, ask politely in thread if you need a link.

>How do I setup Battlefront II?
http://pastebin.com/fsYU4BUC (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
>>
>>127426113
>>127425926
i ll never understand the nostalgiafags who like the first 3 movies.

They were literally shit, the duels were meh as fuck, force powers look completely fake, there was a da big ebil emperah we didnt know anything other than he is da big ebil satan.

Honestly, nostalgia googles make people retarded.

The prequels had better duels with superior choreography, better graphic effects and far more interesting characters. Emperor finally became interesting and we knew things about him and the characters were way more close to the new generations.
>>
>>127425971
I'm not sure I get it.

>>127426113
Throwing in jar jar in the first movie was certainly something bad. If they didn't turn him into a joke figure hoping to be the new R2D2 merchandise the first movie would have been better.

Second movie is good action and have ok character development. It explains why he turned into vader.
>>
File: 1451895112740.png (371 KB, 600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451895112740.png
371 KB, 600x1200
>>
>>127426319
The reason I love the first 3 is pretty much the space battles.

They are hype as fuck.

One of the reasons VI is my favorite.

The duels in the prequels did have better duels but they also had a METRIC SHIT TON of retarded ass shit in them.

It was a travasty what Lucas did to that universe for "muh soap opera"

>>127426448
2nd was better just because of the arena fight with that many jedi fighting at once. It did not really hold up in my later viewings.

Three is the only watchable one of the bunch for me atm.
>>
>>127426319
Considering 4-6 were made during the 70s-80s they are quite good. I still like 1-3 and would probably rather rewatch 1-3 than 4-6. Will probably never watch TFA again. Kind of how I wont rewatch any JJ Abrams star trek movie. They are all kind of forgettable.
>>
File: swtor_Endgame.jpg (503 KB, 932x762) Image search: [Google]
swtor_Endgame.jpg
503 KB, 932x762
>>127426659
I personally enjoyed TFA, it was a good START, it all depends on how they follow up.

The characters were pretty good, if we forget that dumb marry sue Rey
>>
>>127426556
>It was a travasty what Lucas did to that universe for "muh soap opera"
All 6 movies are a soap opera. It's just set in space and have better writers and bigger budget.
>>
>>127426770
4-6 was the retarded family daddy issues soap opera.

1-3 were way better and more interesting overall since it wasnt about Lucas' daddy issues
>>
>>127426770
I know 4-6 are a soap opera and they are fine.

But for some reason I feel like 1-3 are shitty because they are soap opera status.

And the merchandising shoehorning they were trying to do because of Lucas.
>>
>>127426749
>retarded manchild with stupid lightsaber
Did you honestly think kylo ren was a good character. I wish he kept his mask on because he was so ugly I almost started laughing when he took the mask off. And that other general wasn't better.

Not sure where they are going with the next movie but the rebel fleet is gone and if it is a training arc for Mary Sue then it's going to suck big time.
>>
>>127426993
>I almost started laughing when he took the mask off.

Same. That was a shitty casting.

>rebel fleet is gone
I don't think the entire fleet got BTFO

I think only a good chunk.

And I am sure they can just pump out some Mon Cals pretty quick.
>>
>>127426993
He was a good character, NOT a COOL one. He was like a dumb kid taking his first steps in the dark side, really confused and ignorant.

He is an interesting character and a good character to START from, we ll see how he progresses.

>he was so ugly
Definitely your issue then, Sith arent supposed to be all pretty or scary. I liked his look since it was mediocre like himself.

>Other general wasnt better
you mean Captain phasma? Honestly, the only good thing from her was that she was the first female NOT in slut armor. We barely show anything about her, so i dont think we know enough.

We ll see how episode 8 goes, i hope Luke dies to plagueis.
>>
there any reason to go Jedi Master from consular over other prestige classes in kotor 2?
>>
>Final fight for the JC's story
>Battle of Heroes begins to play during the fight
Man, I wish you weren't allowed to bring your companion and it was just a long a drawn-out fight
>>
>>127427143
Well if you want to remain mainly a force user. Though of course if you're DS Sith Lord is pretty much completely superior due to stuff like force storm raping entire rooms
>>
>>127427138
>Definitely your issue then, Sith arent supposed to be all pretty or scary. I liked his look since it was mediocre like himself.
When he took off the mask I went "lol is this harry potter". He doesn't have to be pretty or anything. Just not look like he was casted for harry potter.

>you mean Captain phasma?
No that other cocksucker that blew up planets. He was better than Kylo Ren but felt like he was an annoying teenager. I'm quite certain that wasn't what they were going for.

> i hope Luke dies to plagueis.
He's obviously dying. They are killing off the entire old cast except the wookie
>>
>>127427557
>No that other cocksucker that blew up planets
oh you mean the Hitler wannabe
>>
File: 1451828144865.jpg (132 KB, 634x700) Image search: [Google]
1451828144865.jpg
132 KB, 634x700
>>127427557
>felt like he was an annoying teenager
Well all Nazi wannabes are just annoying teenagers at the end, nobody can take someone call calls themselves a Nazi seriously. And that guy serious resembled nazis with his tight gay uniform, speeches about superiority of the empire, that big red flag on the back while he was making a speech etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1129x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1129x434
always
>>
>>127427557
>>127427665
>>127427914
His name is Hux, I think
Terrible casting, I guess they wanted a younger guy so they still have a bad guy lackey when Kylo goes rogue/grey Jedi in the second or third movie but they should've had an older actor, though I guess that would've been too close to Tarkin or something
>>
>>127427138
No, he was a shit character. The idea of him being intentionally shit changes nothing. Jar jar was better

>His entire motivation is he wants to literally be a tool
>>
>>127427557
>He was better than Kylo Ren but felt like he was an annoying teenager.
As pointed out many times, the entire first order suffers from hunger games syndrome. Almost no one shown without a helmet/mask is over the age of 25. Most appear to be young adults/teens

Makes little sense that an empire based offshoot has not a single member who was alive when the Empire was in power.
>>
Are there any essential or good mods for Jedi academy for the single player?
>>
File: Screenshot_73.png (33 KB, 719x409) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_73.png
33 KB, 719x409
Can anyone explain why this is happening?

I can't transfer off of Bastion.
>>
>>127431205
No slots on destination server?
>>
>>127431607
I have 4/11 For active slots, and 10 inactive.

It doesn't give me an option to create a character on the destination server, its grayed out.
>>
>>127432183
That's probably the issue then.
>>
>>127430497
But his motivation hasn't been shown yet
>>
Why doesn't my Imperial Agent have the orbital bombardment ability?

I mean my Sith Warrior has force choke, which is unlocked for other classes through completing the story. My Smuggler has dirty kick, which is unlocked for other classes through completing the story. My Imperial Agent unlocks orbital bombardment for himself and other characters by completing the story, but he doesn't seem to actually have the ability outside of heroic moment himself. Seems odd.
>>
File: 1324421633140.jpg (59 KB, 528x560) Image search: [Google]
1324421633140.jpg
59 KB, 528x560
I subbed, that means I have effectively bought KoTFE, right?

Does that mean I'll be able to just leave it installed and come back every month to play the new chapter without any real restrictions?

Obviously I won't get the 1 month sub rewards like getting HK-55 as a companion or THE AMAZING 7 MONTH CONTINUOUS SUB REWARD OF PLAYING AS HK-55 FOR A SINGLE MISSION WOW COOL WOW And by that point Legion will be out anyway :^) but I'll still be able to do the story more or less, yeah?
>>
>>127435574
It used to be a normal skill for agents but it was removed. I think snipers still get it somewhere around high level but it's gone for operatives
>>
Is there a companion in the game better than Guss?
>>
File: 40 times kaio kek.jpg (30 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
40 times kaio kek.jpg
30 KB, 292x257
>>127435827

I cannot fucking wait for him to turn up in the story again.

I really hope that Sana Rae Voss person sends you to recruit a SUPER POWERFUL JEDI MASTER WHO CAN SINGLE HANDEDLY DEFEAT ARCANN AND THE ETERNAL EMPIRE and it's just fucking Guss scamming people again.
>>
File: spin to win.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
spin to win.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>127426319
>The prequels had better duels with superior choreography

Oh sure, those were such great fights how they were doing random shit and aiming for each others lightsabers instead of each other.
>>
>>127435770

I see. Thanks.

On that note are any of the heroic moment abilities particularly useful or are they mostly for novelty?

I primarily play my Agent and I don't see much point in force choking when I have no rage or ball-kicking when I can already electro knife or flashbang or what have you.

I notice you can get lightning storm and flamethrower but I figure if I were going to sit still casting something lengthy rather than stabbing I'd just cast orbital bombardment.
>>
>>127436141
I never really found the twirling there to be that bad to be honest. Kinda just felt like obi wan was trying to sweep Anakin's lightsaber aside, Anakin moved it out of the way of the sweep and enacted his own attempt at sweeping Obi Wan's lightsaber aside, and Obi Wan moved his out of the way in turn.

That's how I always saw that part and I thought it was neat.

But yes the lightsaber battles in the prequels go on far too long and have far too much bull shit, overall. Obi Wan VS Greivous makes me want to puke.
>>
>>127436143
Use it to blast high HP story bosses to hell in a few seconds. And to finish "Kill XY of XY" heroic quests in a few minutes. The heroic moment attacks do a lot more damage than the usual ones. I have the abilities for every class of both factions and it's satisfying as fuck to blow through heroic quests
>>
if you create 6 characters while subbed and unsub what happens to the leftover characters?
>>
>>127435698
No, you get to play the current chapters forever, not the ones that come after your subscription ends.
>>
Just came back after a long ass time, and loved going through the story to see Malgus and Marr get characterized. And then they got iced. Why
>>
>>127436141
I never understood why people hate the prequel duels. Jedi in their prime should be jumping around and using the force, not fighting like anemic as fuck medieval knights.

The only OT duel worth a damn was ROTJ's.
>>
>>>>127399427

Download the iso, open the iso, extract the files to a folder, run the installer.
>>
>>127436406
You are forced to choose the characters you want to be playable up to the limit you are allowed. The rest are still there but locked and you cannot play them.
>>
>>127436652
Yes, an order of warrior monks should be flinging their weapons randomly instead of actually trying to strike their opponent.
>>
Is there a way to transfer items from one character to another?
>>
>>127436847
>have force powers
>do not use them at all in combat, only fight exactly as samurai or medieval knights fought
>swinging the lightsaber as if it weighs a ton even though the only weight is in the handle
>>
>>127436847
In terms of the Obiwan vs Anakin duel it makes total sense that Obiwan would not be trying to go for direct killing blows. He loved Anakin and probably felt there was a chance to redeem him instead of just executing him on the spot.
>>
>>127436442

Oh damn, that sucks.

I guess I'll just resub some time next year and playthrough all the chapters I've missed then.
>>
>>127436442
>>127437363

Heeeey wait a minute, if non-subs don't get access to new chapters, then why is the sub reward for Feb 1st 2 days early access to the new chapter?

Is it really just a fucking year long con to try and keep you subbed the entire time for minuscule rewards?
>>
>>127437293
But literally every fight in the prequels was like that.
>>
>>127437526
there's going to be a bunch of HK-related shit that they'll reveal the exact details on later, they've already said this
>>
>>127437881
And they were all a lot more entertaining than the boring as fuck OT duels.
>>
>>127438009
sounds like you need to take your ADHD meds
>>
>>127438327
The OT duels are generally far shorter than the prequel duels, anon.

Do you actually watch the OT duels for the sword fighting? I don't think most do. They do because every OT duel had plot sandwhiched in it.
>>
>>127437027
Legacy armor, legacy mainhands and offhands.
>>
>>127437027
Unlocking it in "collections" so that you can transfer a copy to each character.
>>
So before the sale ends.
What are the must have SW games?
>>
>>127437881

Which kind of undermines Obi-Wan drawing it out due to reluctance.
>>
I just noticed that BGs are still not cross-server, and since my server is basically dead, which server should I go to from EU?
>>
Does JK have a any special dialogue in SoR and KoTFE since he kinda fought the Emperor before?

Does SI mention anything about the fact that Ghost Dad being in his head, considering he might be more than a little used to it?

Or am I expecting too much of Bioware?
>>
>refuse to take collar of vette
>Same discussion with different quest titles, desperate, crushed, broken.
i cant wait how many times they will repeat the conversation until she accepts her fate.
>>
>>127444516

You used to be able to completely break her in beta, but people cried and it was removed.
>>
>>127443608
Tomb of freedom nadd is the only one

>>127444613
Please do give details.
>>
>>127444613
BW really has to stop giving in to every kind of whining. It gets worse and worse.
>>
>>127441991
kotor I + II
Republic Commando
The Jedi Knights if you can handle the graphics
>>
Really just one /vg/ guild?
>>
>>127444692
So servers like Red Eclipse and T3 are basically PvE only, outside of obviously banning PvP in the open world?

Just tell me Freedom Nadd isn't filled with slavs
>>
>>127445041
Is Empire at war any good?
>>
>>127445178

There used to be a /vg/ guild on Red Eclipse EU.

When I resubbed last month, I'm the only member remaining and the new GM.

woo
>>
>>127426870

1-3 is shiny-droid-happy-colorful-platforming-gungan-gf girlie movie with a retarded main hero. this shit didn't feel like starwars but like a disney's little mermaid princess in space.

empire strikes back da best
>>
>>127445326
Decent.
>>
>people have trouble soloing the star fortresses
Literally how
>>
>>127445196
nah, there is pvp but there is more in ToFN
>>
>>127445326
Ye
Servers are kill for online though
>>
>>127445452
Only star wars movie that feels nothing like star wars is the one Lucas didn't make, and it shows.

Also star wars always had goofy comic relief characters (3po) and romance subplots. And everyone loves Kylo ren who is just Anakin 2.0
>>
>>127436141
>>127436652
>>127437293
>>127438009
>>127438456
Let me guess, you're also that faggot who loves KotFE story because of "deep characters" and "tv drama" potential.
>>
>>127446714
Fuck, replace >>127436141 with >>127426319
>>
File: 420.jpg (252 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
252 KB, 983x1013
Playing male Smuggler makes this game worth playing.

>Fighting against the Emperor himself on Ziost
>Still being huge annoying cunt and taking the piss out of someone that can devour entire galaxies
>>
>>127446714
No, I dislike KOTFE because it only makes sense for half the classes. Want to try again?
>>
>>127446967
You're a faggot regardless.
I just wanted to call you a faggot.
>>
>>127447052
I'll call you a memer then
>>
>selonian companion from star fortresses
My L I T E R A L dick
>>
>>127427914
>chewbacca captured by the empire.jpg
>>
Is there an easy way to change alignment?

Like, could I just run solo FPs to get the gain?

Could I do this to get a specific SI title
>>
>>127448295

Back in the day people used to run Esseles/Black Talon for LS/DS Points and Social Points.

Can't see any reason it wouldn't work now.
>>
>>127446472
Lucas didn't direct Empire or Jedi
>>
>>127447651
Yiff in hell etc
>>
So where are all the RP hotspots? I'm really tired of the Imperial Fleet Cantina.
>>
>>127449408
Nar shaada back alley futa gangbangs
>>
>>127443608
If you want non-shit pvp (relatively) Tomb of Freedon Nadd. If you want constant pops and always lose because shitters on your team and meeting queuesyncing double premades go to The Red eclipse. If you play republic the only choice is pretty much TOFN.

Oh and if ranked is your thing then your only option is TOFN. Everyone likes to claim ranked pvp is dead but the issue is that they are playing on a pve server and are afraid of actual competition.
>>
>>127450260
Well I was on a PvP server when I quit so that's not an issue.
Also, noticed that transfers are only 90 cartel coins?
Is this for real? That's cheap as fuck. Legacy unlocks travel with the char I hope?
>>
>>127448295
>Is there an easy way to change alignment?
Diplomacy crew skill. Run gift missions and sell gifts on gtn to recoup losses.
>>
>>127450427
>Is this for real? That's cheap as fuck.
Yes. It's Biowares way to "fix" low server population.
>Legacy unlocks travel with the char I hope?
Legacy gets merged I think. I transfer alts over to TRE every now and then for buying cheap shit and my datacron progress increases on TRE every time.
>>
>>127450427
>>127450604

So if I transferred someone over to another server, I'd have 2 legacies of the same level on different servers?

Would I get to rename my legacy on the other server?
>>
>>127450260
>If you play republic the only choice is pretty much TOFN.
So it got even worse with the Imperials having higher population?
>>
>>127450914
>So if I transferred someone over to another server, I'd have 2 legacies of the same level on different servers?
It's basically a copy. If you achieve more on another server just transfer a character above level 10 to the other one to keep your legacies "in sync"
>Would I get to rename my legacy on the other server?
If it's taken. Otherwise the one that already is on the server is what you get I think.

>>127450916
Tuesday and Wednesday? I'd queue imperial all day long to evade the pve heroes on rep side (they may have pvp gear contrary to TRE but it doesn't help) and queue dodge the imperial premades. Any other day of the week? Queue rep and own imperial premades all day long despite not a single premade on your side.
>>
>they took the chart down which compared subs with the rest
Wooow
At least you seem to be able to use more skillbars now compared to when they initially went f2p?

Though a sub seems the best choice to have access to most races again to play through the stories with all classes on different races to unlock them for the legacy.
Is there still that 12x exp boost or what it was?
>>
File: 1342922456976.jpg (117 KB, 699x396) Image search: [Google]
1342922456976.jpg
117 KB, 699x396
>Get a Darth, a fucking Dark Council member no less as a companion for my Smuggler
>AW YEAH THIS IS HAPPENING
>Mfw I lose him almost instantly
>>
Do they ban you for buying spacegold?
>>
>>127452406
It's worst as an Inquisitor since he's pretty much your best bro
>>
>>127452636
I don't see why you would when money is so easy to make in this game
>>
File: 1409590674086.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1409590674086.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>127446472
>everyone loves kylo ren
alright now its pretty obvious
>>
The Thexan armour looks really cool but it starts at a level way below the armour i have. how do I upgarde it? just started playing swtor
>>
>>127452636
You can buy directly from the store and sell things for credits
>>
File: 1354492134702.gif (303 KB, 320x289) Image search: [Google]
1354492134702.gif
303 KB, 320x289
Fucking hell.

I know people say that non force users don't make any sense in KoTFE, but god damn if being a Smuggler isn't hilarious. Me and Valkorion are like the fucking odd couple.

>Dying from Carbonite Poisoning and he's in my head
>Ask him if he's proposing to me or trying to be my campaign manager

I like being out of place, personally.
>>
My character all of a sudden decided to unify colors, even though I don't have the option unlocked. My overwatch white/yellow stuff just went gray to match my new chest piece.

So, is this a known bug? a feature where doing something allows you to unify once in a while? How do i make it happen again?
>>
>>127453272
If it has mod slots, take it to a nifty mod table that looks like a gun in the minimap. you can buy the mods from shops that sell them for crystals.
>>
>>127454154
You can mod stuff without a mod table.
>>
>Came back to game after quitting a while ago
>Trying to level on tatooine.
>No quest cause I guess I did them all a year ago.
>Everything is raping my asshole and I cannot level.
Halp.
>>
>>127454558
Hrm? How?
>>
>>127454575
Pvp, should have been here during double so vacations, you went to 65 by fucking alderaanr
>>
>>127454575
go back to taris? learn to set your companions to healbot? change your specialization?
>>
>>127454768
Ah good point. I forgot you get a companion. That should help some.

Stuff is barely beating me.
>>
>>127454768
Or just let the dps companion do everything lol, they are so broken.
>>
File: swtor 2016-01-04 10-14-02-22.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2016-01-04 10-14-02-22.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Got the Sith Recluse set!
>>
>>127454901
I mean, if you want to feel like you aren't playing, that's fine too.
>>
>>127455026
>le big evil sithlord
>people ignore me and attacked the slavegirl with the shock collar that did retarded amounts of damage since I have full presence from legacy
I literally went until the end of alderaan with of 10 modifications
>>
>>127455021
looks pretty rad.
does this set have an helmet?
>>
anyone here playing on tomb of freedon nad and having a guild that seeks members?
im pretty new and barely know what im doing, would really like to play with some of you fags.
>>
>>127450260
>pve server
>somehow related to state of pvp competition

I hate to break it to you but world pvp is for casuals
>>
>>127455996
i am sorry any form of pve is inherently inferior to any form of pvp ;^) Guess where does it leave pve
>>
>>127455583

Yeah, but it doesn't look very cool.

Actually, most of the set is just "meh". It's the chest piece I wanted, but for collection unlock I of course needed all of it.
>>
>>127426319
trollbait
>>
>>127426448
2nd movie fucking blows
>>
>>127456639
Reminder that responding to a post just saying bait is the 4chan version of downvoting.
>>
>>127456764
>>127456918
Reminder that nobody gives a fuck about your opinions.
>>
>>127456639
Sorry, not everyone is an emotional nostalgiafag.

Even though i post here i am not brainwashed to follow "everything old was great, nothing will compete".
Old trilogy was shit, the prequels were better imo
>>
>>127457042
Some people legitimately refuse to believe people can enjoy the prequels because "the prequels are the worst films in existence" has been pushed as pop culture for 17 years
>>
>>127457042
Alright now you are just pushing it.

That is total fucking bait.

here is your (you)

>>127457142
They are not terrible but they sure as hell are not over 4-6
>>
>>127457142
Jesus christ you're making me feel so old
>>
File: ewww.png (290 KB, 303x442) Image search: [Google]
ewww.png
290 KB, 303x442
>>127457142
agreed, i despise people like that who just follow whatever is popular and parrot it like it is their own.
And then try to make everyone as brainless as themselves by trying to force the opinion they took from the masses on everyone.

Sorry, some people actually have a BRAIN and they use it instead of following what the majority says
>>
>>127457293
Hey I saw the fucking special editions in theaters, think how old I am and feel.

>>127457248
Why not actually bother attempting to refute him instead of just giving him downvotes?
>>
>>127457486
What is the point of arguing over it?
>>
File: swtor27.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
swtor27.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
How much KotoR lore ends up getting raped here on Rishi?
>>
I'm downloading TOR for the first time, got a little hyped for it before it came out but I got sick of it before release, now that it's free I don't see any harm checking it out though.

What's a good class to begin with, I guess story is pretty major so who gets a decent one?
>>
>>127457932
Sith inquisitor best story
>MURDER AND MAYHEM AWAITS
>>
>>127457932
Sith warrior, Jedi knight, agent, inquisitor a little.
>>
POST AGENTS
POST JEDIS
POST SITHS
>>
>>127458072
>>127458130
Inquis is a force user right?
I might try out Agent, I want to give non-Jedi a shout.
>>
>>127458256
Very sith, damn this armor costed me like 8 fucking millions, i am broke now.
>>
>>127458627
What's with the beer belly?
>>
when i have orange armor with slots and put enhancements and stuff in them theyre better than normal quest rewards right?
>>
>>127458741
The bigger you are the more force you can use and more force brownies you can conjure
>>
File: booty.jpg (810 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
booty.jpg
810 KB, 1920x1080
damn, seeing these screens makes me jelly. I wish I didn't have to play on a toaster of a laptop
>>
File: swtor28.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
swtor28.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>127458256
What about sithfus?
>>127459232
>bt2
my nigga
>>
File: 200% rustled.png (575 KB, 620x674) Image search: [Google]
200% rustled.png
575 KB, 620x674
>I'm a Jedi Master
>Defeated the Emperor in single combat
>Fought against Revan
>Saved the entire Galaxy multiple times
>Vaylin implying she wont even need her Lightsaber to beat me and a Sith Lord at the same time

Why do people like this deviantart the hedgehog character exactly?
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 1043x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 1043x520
>>127459794
>faggot thinks he beat the emperor
>not some overly weak tiny fraction of his power
>revan with a ton of help and light side revan help too
You are trash, the emperor could play with arcan without even using a light saber, you are nothing.
>>
>>127459794
because "s-she is cute :3"
that's literally it
>>
File: MURDERANDMAYHEM.jpg (40 KB, 493x552) Image search: [Google]
MURDERANDMAYHEM.jpg
40 KB, 493x552
>tfw you cant have murder in your name
now about legacies, are they like character names? eg if its taken you cant use it or can many have the same legacy name?
>>
Is HK-51 ever involved in the KoTFE story aside from my character mentioning that he has a HK Droid in one conversation option?
>>
File: greeny.png (316 KB, 373x663) Image search: [Google]
greeny.png
316 KB, 373x663
>>127461109
he shows up in the cantina cutscene in ch9 but no

>>127458256
Kebab removal specialist reporting in
>>
>>127461321
looks like a generic BBC lover
>>
No mention of ERP in the thread.

This general has come a long way.
>>
>>127461321
Remove republic
>>
File: 2016-01-04_00001.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_00001.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw the best star wars games are mods

I am downloading SWTOR right now, what should I expect? haven't played in over a year.

Also does anyone know when the mod makers intend to fix the Sith Empire factions supercap? The oppressor class costs 118k while being only minimally better than the Harrower Class for 7k, would love to beef up my fleet with Oppressors but it's not worth it with the Executor pricetag in place
>>
>>127461770
big blue cock is gr8 tho

>>127461962
>tumblrshit in the OP

nah
>>
File: 1427321542916.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1427321542916.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>1 IA companion is already a major story character, 2 when we get Kaliyo next chapter
>1 JK
>Everyone else relegated to minor characters that have 2 lines of dialogue and some can even be killed off

I know that everyone loves IA, but this is ridiculous. There hasn't even been any Smuggler or BH characters as minor characters yet, let alone major.
>>
File: catcatcat.jpg (170 KB, 672x965) Image search: [Google]
catcatcat.jpg
170 KB, 672x965
>>127458256
Posting stronk jedi cat.
>>
>>127461321
>Hats make you bald
>>
>>127464456
>furry degenerate jedis
republic is literally sweden
>>
>>127462962
>not liking Poe x Finn
Disgusting degenerate
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 932x762) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 932x762
>>127465084
Anon please, I am on the empire side :3
>>
>>127464040
Oh yeah. IA story is great, that's all I hear. Should I get around to it? I've only played force characters thus far cause it's star wars
>>
File: fine too.jpg (94 KB, 506x516) Image search: [Google]
fine too.jpg
94 KB, 506x516
>>127465084
>>
>>127435998
it might not even be a scam. Guss says that he eventually may return to the Jedi to attempt the trials or what not again. he may learn how to better juggle things in his underpants.
>>
>>127455790
ToFN and guildless since 2 years ago. Can't be bothered joining a guild.

>>127455996
OPvP is there to spice things up for me when I level an alt or when I have to do pve dailies. I love doing Yavin because it usually ends up with 20 vs 20 brawls and hilarious QQ in general chat. Especially on imp side when that evil scoundrel globalled you for the tenth time.

Oh and people that like pvp choose the server labelled pvp. Why would you choose a pve server? It's where all shitters are. I tried TRE pvp and my god it was horrible. You pretty much have regstar tryhard premades on one side owning the other team that's queuing in ops gear.

I recognized several people that used to play on tofn and always QQ:ed that it was the pugs fault when a warzone was lost against a rep pug. Guess what just because you have a ranked team setup doesn't mean you can ignore calls for help. Cheap server transfers increased the quality of pvp on TOFN.
>>
So if the republic null cannon is such a super powerful weapon, how did the fleet carrying it end up crashing into hoth of all places?
>>
>single digit fps guy here
The past 4 days I've been able to play with 40+ fps in every warzone except queshball. I've also noticed the sorc concentration has gone down in warzones too.
>>
>>127466210

Prototype.
>>
>>127466112
>cant be bothered
whats wrong with some social interaction?
did you never want someone to teach you more about this game?
>>
After looking at /tv/ and then coming here and seeing someone saying that the Prequel trilogy is better because of more force powers and better fights has made me realize I am too fucking old for this place. Regardless if its bait or not its not worth my time anymore, good bye friends I hope you find urself too
>>
File: 1387585369067.gif (448 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1387585369067.gif
448 KB, 200x183
>Playthrough KoTFE on my first character
>Let Lana kill the Zakuul Knight she's choking
>His partner comes back later for revenge for the death of his partner

>New character
>Hey I wonder what will happen if I let him live?
>Vaylin kills him

CHOICES THAT MATTER
Be at the center of a personal Star Warsâ„¢ story where choices matter and impact outcomes!
>>
>>127466569
>whats wrong with some social interaction?
Most guilds are shit. I was in a very good invite only pve guild because I helped them out when HK was released. But then I unsubbed for a year and the guild had moved servers. The guilds you "want" to be in are full.

>did you never want someone to teach you more about this game?
I just read some pve class guide on dulfy and then adapt it to pvp. Or just read the skill tree and what other abilities I have. After levelling 1 to 65 through class story and with daily warzone mission I got a hang of the class. Then I just do loads of pvp to bring up my muscle memory.
>>
>>127467179
>sorry dear players, we made a bit of a booboo! we promise these new chapters will have choices that actually matter! no really!

can't wait
>>
Sometimes I really hate this game and its love of knockbacks.
>>
File: 1451939150140.gif (1 MB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
1451939150140.gif
1 MB, 720x306
>>127467179
>>
>>127467579

Oh fuck me someone else?

Literally any time I've tried tanking in this game it's just a never ending session of knockbacks and stuns.

Is it like that in OPs too, or just FPs?
>>
>>127467169
I'm 30+ mate and have been here since moot stole his mother's credit card and I like the prequels just as much as the original trilogy. I believe adding CG to the originals was blasphemy.
>>
>>127467779
>Is it like that in OPs too, or just FPs?

I wouldn't know. I don't do Ops.
>>
>>127467650
BRAVO
>>
>>127468116
/tv/ has made a complete 180 and are now defending the Prequels because they are mad that people like TFA. I'm just sick of the hive mind mentality. What's worse is there is no good place to discuss film, reddit is a positive circle jerk, 4chan is a negative one
>>
>>127467169
Are "the prequals are better than the original trilogy" just an ebin new /tv/ meme then?
>>
>>127468708
I can't even tell at this point, I think people actually believe it because TFA wasn't a huge financial flop like they were all predicting
>>
>>127468554
>>127468708
lel, /tv/ is hilariously shit. This is the kind of thing I'd expect from /v/.
>>
>>127459794
The more I think about it, the more I feel the story of KotFE was written for Smugglers, since they are literally the only class that should be no rights be able to defeat powerful force users. Every other PC already either has the raw power (the force users) or the experience and equipment (Trooper, Hunter and Agent) to dispatch anything short of actual physical gods like Vitiate used to be.

The Smuggler, on the other hand, is a random shmuck with more luck than braincells.
>>
>>127468554
This is what happens when contrarianism goes too goddamn far.
>>
>>127468941
Most of the bullshit trickles in from /tv/ and /sp/. Even shit like "Pii U" was pushed by people from other boards.
>>
>>127468554
>>127468708
/tv/ goes full shit mode when a new blockbuster is released. In my opinion TFA was a decent sci-fi flick and it was worth the $33 for a chair with 20 cm more leg space. Was it a star wars movie? If you removed lightsabers most would probably believe it was some generic sci-fi movie and would have forgotten it as quickly as Enders game.

Kind of like how swtor would have had its servers shut down 2 years ago if it didn't have the star wars brand
>>
>>127468554
Unlike TFA, the prequels atleast had Obi-Wan McGregor.

TFA has a couple of lukewarm memes.
>>
File: 1290795412141.jpg (29 KB, 243x349) Image search: [Google]
1290795412141.jpg
29 KB, 243x349
>>127469131

Valkorion really seems to admire you too, and it honestly seems more genuine than with Jedi.

I mean, why wouldn't he respect some random, run of the mill gun runner who has somehow defeated the Empire countless times, laid low numerous lords of the Sith and even fought Revan. There has to be something more to him, right?
>>
>>127468554
Anon 4chan is mainly consisted of worthless rejects, so they will join whatever form of community that will accept them and become a brainless drone.

Literally every board of 4chan has people like that, they are just brainless worthless ants you shouldnt bother with
>>
>>127469386
I'd argue against that, one of the points I tried to make in TFA favor was that the practical effects gives me the same feeling that I get from the OT. To me it feels like an honest, charming world. I would have liked more world building from TFA after Jakku but regardless, people on /tv/ have been saying the practical effects are just a "marketing ploy." I honestly would appreciate a split /tv/ and /film/ boards. /tv/ could be celeb drama an d stupid shit like that to keep the retards contained
>>
>>127469727
>Literally every board of 4chan has people like that, they are just brainless worthless ants you shouldnt bother wit
yeah but the brainless, worthless ants are starting to outnumber those who were actually worth conversing with

this site is fucked hard
>>
>>127469727
>>127469842
I agree, I'm a sophomore in college now and I've been on 4chan since I was a freshman in highschool. I dunno I just cannot handle it anymore, its not funny to me now.

I mean at least bane posting felt natural and funny, /tv/ tries to force a new meme every week and idk it's just kinda stupid to me now
>>
>>127469804
There was no world building or atmosphere building at all. It was more or less non-stop action. I liked that in the new Star Trek movies but I didn't with TFA.
>>
>>127469842
Implying it has not always been like that.

4chan has always been a shithold.

but its our shithole.
>>
>>127469804
>people on /tv/ have been saying the practical effects are just a "marketing ploy."

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

Is good acting and directing also a marketing ploy?

Jesus /tv/.
>>
File: FeelsBadMan.jpg (174 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
FeelsBadMan.jpg
174 KB, 800x585
>>127465084
>mfw the Empire strives for racial purity and enslaves the xenos.
>>
>>127470158
>but its our shithole
It doesn't feel like it's mine anymore.
>>
>>127470110
>tv/ tries to force a new meme every week

I really do like TRAITOR though
>>
File: 1433565383148.jpg (5 KB, 250x157) Image search: [Google]
1433565383148.jpg
5 KB, 250x157
>>127470213
KILL THE XENOS SCUM!!!

>>127470291
I actually meant to say but it was OUR shithole.

Yeah your right though I get more and more alienated from the faggots around me everyday.
>>
>>127470158
Well they are nostalgia fags. Another kind of annoying cancer. Yes being on 4chan back when you had a lot of free time and the same threads were still up after you got home from university was kind of awesome. You were part of every new "funny" happening.

The site grew so deal with it. You are only semi allowed to complain in the first place if you been here from at least 2004. Because the original fags complained about the new influx of people back in 2006 and 2009 making 4chan more or less known to a big audience.
>>
>>127470120
I got goosebumps and couldn't stop smiling when on Jakku when that little alien popped his head out. Moments like that is what I enjoy I about Star Wars, unfortunately there was even less after Jakku since in Maz cantina we only got some quick looks at some of the patrons and a weird shot that went around the room at the beginning. That was one of my complaints with the movie, focus more on the world and emphasize the soundtrack more, which I felt wasn't even there during the movie.
>>
>>127470456
I dabbled in 05-06.

Started really coming around 09-present.

I was just out doing shit and not at home all day.
>>
>>127470349
TR-8R is fine, but the constant cuck posting and racism stuff just felt forced and kind of stupid especially in reference to Finn in TFA.
>>
>>127470823
>the constant cuck posting and racism stuff just felt forced
this
>>
>>127470823
Toxic racism. Ugh I literally just can't even
>>
Looking for a handsome smuggler or sith warrior to destroy my jedi knight's manpuss
>>
>>127471032
Why not bounty hunter with strap on?
>>
>>127471032
>republic is literally sweden
>>
>>127471341
Sweden is currently getting fucked my a mudslide of muslims so idk.
>>
back to /pol/ you disgusting racist scum.

What is it? Don't you like to watch how people show their dislike of such pathetic and hateful behaviors?

that is why movies will continue to feature that until racists die out, and I can't fucking wait
>>
>>127471684
Stop falseflagging.
>>
>>127471684
>literally tumblr
>>
File: 1423077230998.jpg (55 KB, 802x601) Image search: [Google]
1423077230998.jpg
55 KB, 802x601
>>127471684
somebody get this hot head outta here.
>>
>>127471684
Why are you such a hateful being? This is the problem with "tolerant" people. They are in fact people that would fit right in in Nazi Germany.
>>
>>127471839
>>127471867
>>127471890
>falling for it
>>
>>127471684
Nice falseflagging /tv/
>>
So I'm doing KoTFE and I was wondering, can you shoot Tanno Vik and then use the console thing in Ch9 to get him back?
>>
>>127471957
Implying we don't know.

Just bored.
>>
>>127471957
implying we aren't just bumping the thread
>>
File: 1432823885149.gif (2 MB, 517x349) Image search: [Google]
1432823885149.gif
2 MB, 517x349
>>127471684
>>
>>127471890
I am sorry, we can't tolerate the intolerant, and you are also a hypocrite. You pretend to be a victim while you are doing the same thing on people who Don't deserve it like minorities.

You on the other hand deserve the intolerance as a way to learn how to feels to be on the other side of your discrimination!

Simple as that, intolerants cannot be tolerated. You are the cancer that needs to be removed for everything to get better while you want to remove everything BUT cancer.
>>
>>127467650
Saved
>>
File: 1426969246228.jpg (31 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
1426969246228.jpg
31 KB, 349x642
>>127471957
>>
>>127472096
Just stop.

>>127472120
I'm not the same person you idiot.
>>
>>127472505
They know, anon. They are just joining in the fun to keep the thread bumped.
>>
>>127470291
thats the aging process talking. 4chans getting old. that feeling will never go away from here on out. communities dont always age in proportion with their founding members.
>>
How bad is the consular story line? I already have a Sorc, I just want a consular for that nadia girl thing
>>
>>127473097
Chapter 1: Find a cure for space aids
Chapter 2-3: build the space UN
>>
>>127472818
>tfw you have a history of internet shitposting that dates back before WWW
You have to realize that some people about to join 4chan wasn't even born or were toddlers when the oldfags made it 4chan what it was. People in university now were like 6 years old when we started to shitpost here. I bet most people here didn't even experienced internet before WWW was invented either.
>>
I'm on Alderaan with my IA and I'm not particularly enjoying the story so far, does it get better later on? it does get a lot of praise around here.
I'm enjoying the premise and concept of it though: a regular guy in the intelligence dealing with force edgelords left and right in the top of the chain of command.
>>
>>127448253
>two bears in man suits.jpg
>>
>>127473260
>it does get a lot of praise around here
it's just a meme. Being agent is cool and you are relatively low power compared to force users, is the main attraction.
>>
File: 200% sad.png (362 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
200% sad.png
362 KB, 497x732
>Get a mail from Risha after getting into KoTFE
>"You win"

Aww man, they've totally killed off my romance with my character's actual wife so I can have gay sex with Koth, haven't they?
>>
>>127473260
>it does get a lot of praise around here.
It gets a lot of praise everywhere. It's the best story by a wide margin.
>>
>>127473260
>visit that Baroness in the beginning
>stopped by guards
>"I'm from House Thul you fags!"
>while wearing an imperial uniform
This guy has some balls, I'll give you that.
I had to buy and wear a Thul's Statesman's Coat for immersion.

>>127473785
I hope it gets better later on, it's been pretty bland so far.
>>
>>127473260

A large part of it is how well the VA kills it to make it more believable. Think I've heard her use like 4 different accents so far.
>>
>>127473770
praise the bull baby
>>
>>127473615
>it's just a meme
Fuck off with this bullshit already
>>
I don't get how people don't like the Trooper quests, all of your companions are bros and you are doing exactly what you'd expect to do as a trooper
>>
>>127473249
yes-- the aging process. newblood comes in, communities shift, the new replaces the old, the old still linger.
>>
>>127474250

It's the same as the BH story, people just like being THE CHOSEN ONE DESTINED TO SAVE/DESTROY the universe instead of doing their job.

And it's not like the stories aren't impressive in their own way, the BH Finale is right up there was one of my favorite moments in game except for the fact that the BH is the reason Supreme Fuckup Saresh is in charge
>>
>>127473260
I found it quite meh. The only stories I kind of remember is the smuggler, trooper and inquisitor. Not finished with the sith warrior but I like playing it as light side. Very enjoyable. Just have to deal with hating how the class plays.
>>
>>127474540

Nope, that was the Jedi's fault for making it personal.
>>
I want to kill Saresh! I want to put her head on a pike on flail it around the senate plaza!
Saresh is a CUNT! cunt!
>>
>>127474540
I started a Trooper because I wanted a squad of bros doing military things, but I hated the Trooper himself. I had to stop playing because the character either felt like a brutish thug or a faceless yes-man. Maybe things change after the starting planet but the Trooper himself just seemed like a very unsatisfying character.
>>
>>127467238
>>127466569
After some thinking I would probably join a trooper only guild and premade all night creating butthurt.
>>
>>127474970
I'd much rather be in an all BH guild that roleplay as space Australians.
>>
>>127474909
Yeah, like two thirds of his lines are variations of "yes, sir!"
>>
So, who is the ass man at Bioware? Starting to feel like I'm playing as Miranda, with less whining about how perfect I am.
>>
>>127471296
No chicks.
>>
>>127475727
HIGH
TEST
>>
File: MURDERANDMAYHEM.jpg (38 KB, 561x519) Image search: [Google]
MURDERANDMAYHEM.jpg
38 KB, 561x519
>Sith warrior already at dark 1 or close to it after korriban
>sith inquisitor at -500 after korriban and solo bt
being an edgelord is hard
>>
>>127438327

The fact that you're honestly trying to argue that this fight is more entertaining to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kpHK4YIwY4

than this fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI

shows you're one of those brainless morons who hates on every aspect of the prequels, because you see other people on 4chan do it. Don't try to be like everyone else, be you.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.