[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cgg/ - Cuhrayzee Games General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104
prev thread >>125620876

VST7 VOTING IS NOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86M-7_xhfo

CUHRAYZEE THREAD FAQ (please read this and CUHRAYZEE NEWS before asking questions):
http://pastebin.com/XFGyzhzB

CUHRAYZEE RECOMMENDED GAMES (INCLUDES INDIES):
http://i.imgur.com/lEnXRlO.jpg

CUHRAYZEE TIPS, TECHNIQUES, AND MODS
http://pastebin.com/Pzmmx36v

STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CUHRAYZEE
WIKI: http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/CUHRAYZEE_GAMES_GENERAL_Wiki
FORUM: http://cuhrayzeegames.boards.net

>We Shall Wake
Indie Cuhrayzee game, dev posts here most of the time. Blog updates every Saturday mostly. Development is still ongoing. See their blog at
http://www.weshallwake.com/
Patreon ongoing. Support them if you'd like.
http://www.patreon.com/nokoriware

DMC, Bayonetta, We Shall Wake, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Ninja Gaiden, Wonderful 101, Vanquish, Sengoku Basara, Rising Revengeance, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Rainblood, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.
>>
>>126117496
do you guys think that the votes are a bit iffy? Or is it just me with my tinfoil hat acting up?
>>
>tfw ninja gaiden is too hard for me

I just wanted to be a ninja and do ninja things.
>>
>>126117672
>Bayo entry
>17 votes

Actually yeah I do think that's kinda weird. And I thought a good amount of them were pretty decent.
>>
>>126117976
currently winning the poll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSC1oxpTYs
>>
File: MKH 2.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MKH 2.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
>>126117496
MKH is a decent game
>>
what was VST ENTRY: DOSHMASTERCASH's code, im too lazy to look
>>
>>126121334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9d51OB8NY
>>
>>126117672

There's some weird things about the voting overall. First is the low low number of votes

Then there's the thing with Bayo sweeping the competition simply because it's the first time we've had a decent number of Bayo entries with competent players.

Then there's stuff like Freesia being tied for first place in freestyle. I have no fucking idea where it gets so much love from. Not trying to discredit anyone, the video was nice but the God Hand entry is still way better
>>
>>126122551

I disagree. The fact Mike used clips from his playthroughs for all three of his freestyles for God Hand seems like a really ingenuine way to make an amazing freestyle. Not to mention he exceeded the time limit for Freestyle twice now.

It's great play but I don't think he deserves an honest win.
>>
>>126122551
Like >>126123037 said, it is a highlight video from mike's playtrough, there is nothing there that wasn't seen before.
>>
>>126123037
>>126123182

even then don't get me wrong but I thought there were more impressive entries in freestyle than the freesia one
>>
>>126123037
>>126123182
I regret voting for it now.
>>
>>126123434

The FBF Freestyle is innovative in every way, checkpoints the evolution of the only good FBF player out there, was interesting to watch, groundbroke interesting properties and tech in stylish to watch momentum, and so on.

In comparison to what their games have to offer, I think the FBF entry hit it straight outta the ballpark in every way.
>>
File: MayhemLeagueMoveList.webm (3 MB, 1312x910) Image search: [Google]
MayhemLeagueMoveList.webm
3 MB, 1312x910
Happy holidays, /cgg/!

Figured I'd stop by, as demo time draws ever nearer.

The level design aspects are done, right now I'm placing collectibles and setting up enemy spawn stations.

But in addition to that, some tutorial shit! We show pop-ups (disable-able from an options menu) that explain aspects of the game. Also I've been implementing a move-list (sorry in advance for how it looks, the icons for Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 are very difficult to tell apart and I'm going to re-do them)

Also, I've been redoing my particle effects to make them more stable at lower framerates and head-on camera angles, by copying the shit Platinum has done for Bayo and T:D (as near as I can tell, using meshes with Sub-UV animated textures to convey decay)

Speaking of, I'm currently doing stress-testing; I'm capping the FPS at like 20 and just doing the same move over and over, looking for inconsistencies in the hit detection. It's better now than it was, but still not 100% perfect, so it'll take some doing to fix... I'll have to mess around with the collision detection system to make sure it's detecting overlaps even when the framerate is so low the sword moves from one side of the enemy to the other without touching him across a single frame.

Just as an FYI, you fine folks are my "target market", as it were, so I'm doing everything I can to make this the kind of game that can be exploited and tweaked to insane degrees by skilled players, more than I've even let on on /agdg/... but I'll REALLY value your feedback come demo time, because you guys know your shit (and me? well, I enjoyed DmC and Transformers so I don't know much
>>
>>126124224
not gonna lie some of those move names are terrible

otherwise, lookin bretty gud
>>
>>126124224
Oh shit yeah I wanted to try this hope it turns out good
>>
>>126124224
Looking forward to your game and have been since before I left /agdg/. Keep it up my man.
>>
>>126124413
Which ones don't you like? They're trivial to change...
>>
>>126124224

Looks pretty great, especially for an indie.

Just don't strain yourself on design you don't inherently understand, especially if your experiences are limited to Transformers and DmC. Last guy we had tried to make his game everything at once and by now I can only assume WSW is either dead, never happening, or delivering with substandard expected qualities.

If you wanna make a game appeal to this general then prepare to work your nuts off if you're learning from the ground up about cuhrayzee design
>>
>>126124224
how does the launch work? Do you have a dedicated button for it a la DmC?
>>
>>126124598
https://twitter.com/weshallwake/status/671417669808164864
>>
>>126124413
"Get Up" "StayDown"
>>
>>126124598
I doubt you're any more qualified to opine on design or the design process than the person you're giving advice to.
>>
>>126124598
>Just don't strain yourself on design you don't inherently understand, especially if your experiences are limited to Transformers and DmC.

Don't get me wrong! I've played Bayo 2, DMC3 and 4, LoK, T:D, DmC, Darksiders 2, Yaiba, and I'm currently playing W101

I love action games, especially complex and crazy ones, but I don't have quite the attention to depth that some of you guys do. I'm decent at action games but I've never been a master of them.
>>
>>126125110

I'm just saying, tackling the design of something you don't "get" will require some help and workaround or you're gonna end up with wasted time

I totally believe he can do it anyway
>>
>>126124862
DESU I don't like em either, consider them changed! Any suggestions..?

>>126124750
With xCaliber, yes. There are two melee buttons... xCal uses one of them for "vertical changers", moves that move the enemy around (command uppercuts and such). Longshot (the shotgun-whip-mace) will use them for DmC tugs (pull them to you, pull you to them).

The rest of the weapons will use them for Bayo-style combos (light/heavy combos) rather than special commands. More move variety in exchange for less utility on those weapons.
>>
>>126121269

Seriously though, how is it? Is it fun?
One of the few games in the genre I haven't played, thinking of getting it.

I like anime and panty quests and shit so the style is not a problem at all.
>>
>>126126929
it's decent fun. To quote an extremely inaccurate quote, "imagine if Vergil from DMC3 lost Force Edge, replaced his teleport and summon sword with Royal Guard, fighting in Bloody Palace"
>>
>>126126929
Enemies are pretty bland, gameplay is fairly repetitive aside. It's just flashy and relies on perfect parrying.
>>
>>126123782
Don't regret, like, he is great at godhand, probably the best. But like, i've seen all that before, so, i will value something new, or something unexpected.

Talking about unexpected things. This bayonetta entry right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtLf7h0cJP0

I'm honestly surprised, in a positive way. Like, bayonetta 2 has 1 year, and a lot of people already dropped (myself included, but sometimes i try to go back to it, but i really can't ignore how the game punishes you for not using witch time) the game, and while Bayonetta as a cuhrayzee series don't hold many players (If you think that bayo 1 had many entries, you have to consider that were only 3 different people doing those entries, and only 2 doing only bayonetta 1), but i feel good that someone stuck with the game, had some time, and did cool stuff for a bayonetta 2 entry.

I feel the same way about the transfomers entry, i'm glad there is someone, trying to play the game and improve in it.
>>
>>126127584
There is nothing impressive in that video past the 1:30 mark, hell even the first two fights aren't that exciting. The Balder section is pretty much just a standard fight with a few weapons, 90% of attacks only connecting during Witch Time.
>>
>>126127212
>>126127254

Looks fun as fuck but we'll see.
I'll pirate it for now.
>>
>>126128743
>pirate
HERE IT COMES
>>
>>126128878

w-what?
>>
>>126128743
You dun did it now.
>>
>>126129139

w-what did I do?
Guys, you're scaring me.
>>
>>126128878
>>126129139
He's pirating an indie game so he deserves what's coming to him.
>>
Freesia guy here. I really didn't expect this to happen at all.

I've mentioned to Alps before but I really didn't mind the voting of VST. My main motive was to peak some interest into Freesia and make it enjoyable to watch. I see that a few Anons enjoyed it and I thank you for that. I'm surprised that I'm even leading up with Mike.
>>
>>126129991

What?
Can someone please tell me what the fuck is going on? ;_;
>>
>>126130049
pique

one piques interest

You succeeded by the way, I'll end up buying it eventually.
>>
>>126123037
I couldn't record new gameplay footage as my computer has been to the repair shop for a month now. I'm on a shitty macbook laptop and the only way for me to enter VST was to do another highlight reel. I didn't want to submit an entry at first but I did it anyway after struggling with this iMovies video software apple uses and it's a big piece of turd.
>>
>Literally .6 seconds over the time limit for Pure Platinum on the last verse of the chapter
>It auto-saves before the results
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>126127584

I have to agree with>>126128172. It's nice that people are trying new stuff, it really is fantastic. But there's nothing particularly impressive in a way that makes me "wow, he deserves the most recognition".

I felt the same way with the Transformers entry. It's just nothing that really made me go "wow that's great". I think it's insanely respectable that everyone takes the time to craft their entries, but if we're going to start talking about the actual quality of entries themselves then you all have to let go of this "This one is the best because it's game no one has displayed before"

I voted for the Bayo entry in Traditional because it was the best crafted IMO, not simply out of some sense of duty to vote for the underdogs
>>
File: 1354479210892.jpg (28 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
1354479210892.jpg
28 KB, 248x203
>All this talk about Bayo

That's great and all, but what did everyone think of the other entries? What did everyone think of the dmc and HWA entries?
>>
>>126130947
ive seen too much dmc to care and ng was neat aside from ng3.
>>
>>126130947
TWOAAAH
>>
>>126130780
I didn't say they were the best, i just got glad they tried, and they did neat stuff.

I didn't vote for them, i voted for my entry, so it could have 1 vote.

>>126130947
I liked the dmc ones, and i liked watching NG3, even if it is not a display of full mastery, it made me want to play the games. Also. TWOAHHHH!!!
>>
>>126128878
>>126129139
>>126129991

Just fucking tell me already.
You made me curious.
>>
>>126130947
NG's gameplay is so smooth that everything looks great when stuff is happening and the player is not getting their ass kicked. I seriously don't know enough about the game to appreciate any of the truly intricate shit players were doing.
>>
File: 1355279794204.jpg (19 KB, 442x369) Image search: [Google]
1355279794204.jpg
19 KB, 442x369
>>126131271

>liked watching NG3
>>
>>126131427
I'm not going to clue you in, not because being in on a joke and excluding someone else makes me feel like a bigger person, but because the payoff to the buildup will be better if you're in the dark 'till it happens. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>126131631

What the fuck are you on about man?
Just fucking tell me.
Jesus christ, this is annoying.
>>
>>126130780

I can let go of the innovation and never done before things then, but the quality of the FBF entry aside from that is still undeniably amazing. From a technical and skill along with setup perspective, it beats out every other entry when rounded
>>
>>126131776
you're not gonna die or anything man dont worry about it
for now
>>
>>126132035

Is it one of these general's meme joke or something I'm not aware of?
Why do you like to torture me so much?
>>
File: wut.jpg (8 KB, 224x220) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
8 KB, 224x220
>>126124224
outside of picrelated some neat stuff in there

some Tony Hawk inspired stuff with the way each individual move is displayed and chained on a screen

imagine a game where hero uses skateboard as a weapon
>>
File: Flails 3.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Flails 3.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>126130947

I was actually hoping to see some more of Vergil in the DMC entries because I'm a sucker for that, don't think anything really blew me away like some of the DMC entries in VST 5

I liked the RE entry with the dual boss fights even when it got pretty sloppy towards the second half. Really anyone who decides to take on those kind of challenges without resorting to cheesing like sticking bosses in infinite loops has my complete respect

That said, I can't really say the other two entries containing NG amazed me in any way, but that's mostly because I know exactly what was going on in each clip and because I've seen really amazing footage from non cgg players.
>>
>>126131776
Since the anon is being a fucktard, here it is:

There's a guy who's a retard within the threads and sperges about people who pirate shit. He always calls people in /cgg/ poorfags who don't want to support devs. Even went as far as telling indie devs not to come here if they want support due to anon's supposedly wanting to pirate his game.
>>
Don't people have anything to show in DMC vid other than starrave?
>>
>>126132559

That's it? Seriously?
I thought that maybe there is a big fuck you in the pirate version where you can't progress or enemies kill you in one hit or something, heard it happen before in other games.

Fuck, you got me good, scared the shit out of me.
>>
File: 1435653420359.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435653420359.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>126132836

reverse star rave
>>
>playing NGS1
>normal difficulty(way of ninja, fuck you game, I'm no ninja dog)
>use healing items as if they were insulin shots and I was diabetic
>my playstyle is repetitive + spammy
want to git gud, how do?
>>
>>126132836
guard fly
>>
>>126133389

well you can start by beating the game first

baby steps anon, don't suddenly want to try and do vst entries on master ninja
>>
>>126133389
I'd advise you not to worry too much about your playstyle at this time, just do whatever it takes to beat the game on Normal, then Hard, then Very Hard, then Master Ninja (I dunno if these are called something different in NGS1, I've only played NGB).

You may want to try being more conservative with items though, just so you don't completely run out just before one of the really hard parts. There's one particular boss in chapter 13 of NGB (probably later than that in NGS since I'm told it has more chapters) for which, on Master Ninja, I had to save up the maximum number of every type of item and use literally all of them in order to get past it.
>>
>>126132836

It's all you see because that's all you understand.

Chances are, you don't even understand that- you've just heard people talk about it and know the basic concept.
>>
>>126133389
In a universe where ninjas are monstrously effective murdermachines with the discipline of a monk, the physique of a front-end loader, and the violence of a meat packing plant, I'd say being a ninja dog is still a fairly high station in life.
>>
>>126133389
roll-jump-roll-jump all the time -- it's the fastest AND the safest way to move around

hold Y when yellow orbs are nearby for faster charging ultimate technique and unleash it while you are invincible

start to hold Y when touching the ground for almost instant ultimate technique activation

use wind run (X+A) -- it's an automated invincible jump towards nearest enemy, if you press jump as you touch the enemy you will jump off his head, stunning him for a while

these are the simplest cheesing methods that will help you to get through a game
>>
Anyone know how the ninja gaiden games run on vita?
>>
>>126135424
Yeah, I don't understand shit (I don't even play DMC) but ain't you guys tired of watching it? Almost every video it goes like repeated starrave repeated aircombos with fast weapon switching, some Gilgamesh flying kicks then guns then Rebellion or Gilgamesh or more guns, rinse and repeat or mixed the order a little. It might be technically impressive but I don't see any creativity in it, in fact, most of the Dante vids I see are just show of skills with a mix of a little originality.
>>
>>126136584
like crap, sorry if thats your only option
>>
I don't know anything at all about transformers, will I still enjoy the game?
>>
>>126139149
It's a fun little brawler, don't expect the most technical action game ever.
>>
>>126136776

Here's your reply
>>
>>126117496
Playing as sam in mgrr when
>>
>>126142610
The guy was taking a break iirc from his last update, so probably not for a while.
>>
>>126136776
Judging from what you've said, I think it's fair to say you need to watch these videos frame by frame with a notebook besides you to study.
>>
>>126139301

I'm just a casual, I don't even come to this general that much or care about crazy deep systems and shit. Just worried that I won't get the story because I know nothing about transformers except that they can turn into cars and fight bad robots.
>>
File: bawkbawkbaaaaaawk.jpg (54 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
bawkbawkbaaaaaawk.jpg
54 KB, 600x395
How do you guys typically deal with these faggots while they're DTed? I usually duck them out until they whiff an attack, but surely there's something easier.
>>
>>126136776

>I don't know anything about architecture, but I'm looking at these blueprints and it goes like corner corner catwalk, wood, brick. I don't see any creativity in it.
>>
>tfw getting both bayonetta 2 and Devil may cry 4:SE for christmas.
Just how crazy are my holiday's going to be?
>>
>>126147413
>Bayonetta 2
have fun with it. Not being ironic or shitposting. Have fun
>DMC4SE
with PC version, you will need some minor fixing, nothing too hard. You'll have fun.
>>
>>126147589
I'm getting the ps4 version of dmc
Also haven't played the first bayonetta so I'm really getting bayo 1 and 2
>>
>>126147819
>>126147413
you'll have near max cuhray
>>
>>126147819

I got the pack with bayo 1+ 2 too some time ago.
I have actually played bayonetta on 360.
Can't decide if I want to play bayonetta again on wii u then 2 or jump straight to 2.
>>
>>126112260
something like this
https://a.uguu.se/xqkmot_DevilMayCry4_helmbureakeruuu.webm
my webms keep going over 3MB fug

Was trying the basic aerial rave, divekick, lucifer switching combo loop. 1 attack per switch. sometimes the helm breaker comes out and this happens. I was surprised the inertia carries over through the helmbreaker.
>>
what are you getting for christmas?
>>
ng is dead
>>
File: v.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
v.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>126146731
no bricks
no wood
no corners
only. catwalks.
*does 10 helm breakers in a row*
>>
>>126154923
I wonder what killed Ninja Gaiden, same reason as DMC?
>>
>>126156341
same reason as this thread. Doing nothing with it.
>>
File: Bayo Villager.jpg (39 KB, 412x160) Image search: [Google]
Bayo Villager.jpg
39 KB, 412x160
bored
>>
>>126153295
>Implying there is a christmas without DMC5
>>
>>126162180
>Devil May Cry: Holiday Special anime
>Nero and Kyrie visit Dante and teaches him the true meaning of Spardakka
>while Lady and Trish visit Dante to get wasted
>>
File: ded.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>
Press A to not die
>>
File: Shocking Inertia.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Shocking Inertia.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>126149840
Inertia carries over from Helm Breaker and Shocking.
>>
>>126134986
what boss would that be?
>>
>>126130947
>What did everyone think of the dmc

None of them were entertaining. I'll even say that the DMC entries for VST were pretty fucking ZZZZZZZZ compared to the past VSTs.
>>
Not sure why there's so much Bayonetta hype. It's not like any of you have or can afford Xbox+game or WiiU+ game. I post prices a thread ago and all I got were bums feedback and "please port to PC so I can pirate." lol
>>
File: 1410537207824.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1925) Image search: [Google]
1410537207824.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1925
Tips for parasite infested lizards on DMD? They're kind of kicking my ass, gotta be really careful.
>>
>>126169994
kill them before they go DT. If they go DT, smash your monitor in disgust or just kill yourself.
>>
>>126170198
I am truly suffering. This is Dante's section by the way, at least with Nero I could scum with Blue Rose and buster.
>>
>>126170279
Abuse charge shotgun shots and Distorted Gilgamesh hits if you're really struggling.

Otherwise learn when it's safe to juggle them for a bit and generally play it safe. They're cunts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jjMfv2lxY4

Kiritikafag or Korean anons, is it cuhrayzee? I want to try this out.
>>
>>126171832
this one too. They gave Nevan to a loli. is it cuhrayzee? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur1_yZBydTc
>>
>>126171832
Doubt anyone's even played it to tell you. Why don't you be the first and let us know what you find?
>>
>>126171912
I'd be interested in playing this one at the very least. Have you got any more information on it anon?
>>
>>126172020
I don't live in Korean. That's why I ask Kritika fag and the other Korean anons.

>>126172102
NO but I see other videos on that guys youtubes channel.
>>
>>126172020
Oh shit. scratch that. I CAN play this shit. Apparently it was released in Japan, published by Sega. All I need to do is make an account and I can play!
>>
>Alps
>Touhou
>In depth tutorials

I never asked you in the past so I'm going to ask you now. Why do you play the ultimate Kusoge?
>>
>>126173636
at least it's not picross tutorials
>>
>>126173636
>>126174067
>oh no, people like various games and have various tastes
>>
File: 4PZ2FxrO6HM.jpg (46 KB, 482x573) Image search: [Google]
4PZ2FxrO6HM.jpg
46 KB, 482x573
>>
File: lawse.gif (1 MB, 330x312) Image search: [Google]
lawse.gif
1 MB, 330x312
>"Christmas day" - KAIL

HOLYSHIT SON! THE RETURN!!!
>>
>>126175209
What?

>>126175185
Double what?
>>
>>126173636

There was nothing in depth about it, it was all mechanically basic. Have you even played it or are you one of those people that say Weather is a broken mechanic.

I play a variety of fighting games but being stuck in Korea limits me to Soku and Melty.
>>
File: 0b5rY2D0Wf0.jpg (13 KB, 286x286) Image search: [Google]
0b5rY2D0Wf0.jpg
13 KB, 286x286
>>126175449
>>
>>126175596
This just raises further questions.
>>
File: 1447095224320.jpg (15 KB, 546x474) Image search: [Google]
1447095224320.jpg
15 KB, 546x474
>>126175449
>What?
Nigga, it says "christmas day", are you blind?
>>
>>126175701
I have no idea what you're referencing though, or why.
>>
>>126175905
Kail, releasing a video on christmas day, that seems what they are talking about.
>>
>>126173636

I didn't know he played MKX
>>
>>126175996
People want a source, how dense is everyone here
>>
>>126176048
what is this, DMC5 news, no?
>>
Someone just fucking link whatever it is, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>126176381
For some reason he just set it to private, but I got the page open so downloading. It's just a DMC4 combo video. I have to say, he's been practicing a ton, his guard flying reminds me of guri but there was nothing innovating in the trailer.
>>
>>126176890
...... and uploading now
>>
What makes Vanquish stand out as a TPS /cgg/? I think it's good and I even replayed it purely for the gameplay but I just can't pin point what exactly is so good about it.
>>
>>126177079
You're downloading and reuploading a video that someone else set to private? Fuck you.
>>
>>126175512

Are you completely bling or have you missed how deep Korea is on the Tekken Dick

they also love KoF over there

holy shit son, get your shit together
>>
>>126178325
yeah i thought about that, let's just wait for him to make it public again.
>>
>getting rused this easily
there is no new video you idiots
>>
>>126178139
lot of cancels+movement options+fairly in depth meter management+nuance in movement/attacks
>>
Which weapons in Bayonetta aren't considered cheap?

I'm sure Pillow Talk is and "that" glitch is.
>>
>>126183269
Why does cheap matter, just play with what you enjoy, Pillow Talk is obviously silly strong but Kilgore glitch isn't even the strongest thing in the game
>>
>>126183642
I need muh weapon tier ratings before I can allow myself to enjoy a game otherwise it won't be real fun.
>>
Steam sales just started, DMC3/4, DmC, MGR and others are on decent sales if you don't own them already
>>
File: 1449777335021.png (25 KB, 499x468) Image search: [Google]
1449777335021.png
25 KB, 499x468
>>126188238
>putting DmC in the DMC franchise page
Disgusting
>>
>>126183269
I don't consider Pillow Talk or the Kilgore Glitch cheap, desu. (and i don't use those either, it just doesn't suit me at all), because pillow talk fuck your ranking, and the kilgore glitch is not really that useful, laying 3 level 3 durga bombs is more useful.

And like, with every weapon you can get with some high damage, or quick kill, if you have enough meter and is using the right accessories.

Heck, you can even take entire lifebars of Rodin with Scarborough Fair (or any weapon really), by just having meter, and he will not do anything against it.

Just do what suits you best.

If you want to use low tier weapons, just finish the game on normal and use handguns for the rest of your life.
>>
>>126153295
sumeragi
I'm going to have a cuhrayzee Christmas no matter what
>>
>>126189185

Why do you guys dislike dmc? Seriously asking, not trying to troll.
Aside from FUCK YOU.
As a casual action player, I really quite enjoyed it and the story was actually pretty ok.
>>
>>126193510
>casual
that's why
>>
>>126193510
This question has been answered literally thousands of times.

>>126194738
Brevity is the soul of wit.
>>
>>126195242
>This question has been answered literally thousands of times.
Not him, but feel free to copy paste one of those times, just for my sake. I get that it's edgy and probably not as complicated as the other games, but as someone who has only played MGR and am part way through DMC3, really, what's the practical difference to me?
>>
>>126196870
fuck off
>>
>>126196870
http://pastebin.com/2FXP4B5t
>>
>>126197372

I'm not reading all that shit nigga.
Not the guy who asked by the way.
From the little I read, the guy who wrote that must be really autistic and butthurt to write all that shit.

DMC is a fun game, not perfect or deep but stil fun. It's by no means a bad game.
>>
>>126198089
>someone asks someone else to post an answer to their question
>I'M NOT THAT DUDE WHO ASKED BUT I AIN'T READIN THAT SHIT LOL

I am sincerely impressed by your stupidity. Not even kidding.
>>
>>126198089
Then why the fuck do you ask.
>>
>>126198089
yeah fun if you're a casual hahaha
>>
Why yes, anon, you're right! We HAVEN'T had DmC shitposting in a while. How kind of you to notice and even kinder to rectify the error!
>>
>>126198409

Like I said, I'm not the one who asked but would still like to know. Without going to autistic territory like that pastebin that is.

Summarize it if you want. Or don't, I don't really give a fuck. Also, from a pure gameplay point, I don't like the changes to dante/story either and I understand the butthurt it caused.
>>
>>126199005
>Or don't, I don't really give a fuck.
Okay, cool. Conversation concluded.
>>
>>126199194
>can't even answer basic questions
A U T I S M : C O N F I R M E D
>>
>>126199579
>>>/v/
That's where people that can't read more than two lines of text at a time belong.
>>
>>126193510
They stole a bunch of shit from the previous games but fucked it all up in execution and every new idea they had was either mediocre or broken
Nothing about it is good or interesting except some of the art direction
>>
>TWOAH!
>>
>>126197372
I always felt as this paste never properly explains how and why combat is bad in DmC.
>>
>>126209852
does the 4th section not explain enough?
>>
>>126210235
imo no.

Because not only that, it doesn't really explain why it doesn't have depth. It goes over stuff about how AI works but when they talk about the weapons, they just say "oh this weapon was already in the original series, it's nothing new!!"
>>
>>126130947
Personally think the DMC entries were lacking. Some of them weren't that amusing, others were good but not well refined. Don't get me wrong, there are some good moments, but it was overall more average than spectacular.
With other games I wasn't able to comprehend much of what was going on, so I'll reserve judgement. All I know is that a lot of it looked cool, but was unable to appreciate the coolness behind it.

>>126146090
Depends on the weapons you have. Usually you would want to use something like shotgun and JC that after you jump out of their attack, twice preferably, and then launch them (you may want to shoot with ebony and ivory if they keep on moving until you can reliably launch them). You can alternatively just shoot them with shotgun more than once. Of course this is not limited to shotgun, you can also use other attacks with knockback.
>>126193510
Why is it that whenever someone asks this, they add the "b-but i liked it"?
It feels like people are trying to say "I liked it, so should you".
>>126196870
Practical difference for you is probably none. I assume you're unable to even jump cancel, let alone understand the advanced techniques that were stripped down or completely removed in DmC.
>>
>>126199005
>>126199579
>I am replying to this fuckwit, I should kill myself
why DmC sucks
-inertia is gone
-game has a dedicated special melee button that does only one thing and one thing only
-distortion from DT is gone
-extra moves from being in DT is gone
-styles are gone
-lock on is gone
>le definitive edition
-definitive edition does fuck all with it apart for simplifing the double tap melee input
-JC hitbox is so large, knowledge of timing and positioning is redundant
-game relies heavily on strings for combos
-lot of combos are the same(mash button, 2 hit pause), lot of moves overlap in function(AoE or Crowd Control)
-Angel and Demon weapon/enemy restriction can go fuck itself
>le definitive edition
-In definitive edition, the player does reduced damage(if I recall correctly) and no hitstun for using the wrong weapon. It's barely a fix
-weapons themselves could have used some culling. Arbiter, Osiris themselves being the worst offenders.
Arbiter's special melee is practically Drive's launching function turned into a move. Arbiter's pause combo's function overlaps with Eryx's pause combo.
Osiris might as well not exist due to Rebellion, because their movesets are almost exactly the same apart for the ability to grab in enemies mid-air and prop/shredder.

so on, so forth. I am not even a high level player of either games and I can easily tell why one is inferior over the other.
>>
>>126117913
what part are you at?
>>
DmC is such an odd game to me.

I got frustrated, then i got curious, and last, when the game was released, i never felt like buying it.
And i think that even if the game was a masterpiece in the mechanics department for some miracle, being superior to every action game ever made to that point, i wouldn't even care.
I wouldn't play the classics devil may cry if dante wasn't dante, or the setting wasn't what it was. Yeah, there is all the depht and all the mechanics behind it, but i didn't know about them when i picked the game, and i personally wouldn't care about them if i didn't like what i'm seeing on screen, the character that i'm playing with, the enemies that i'm facing.

And i feel that way about DmC, even if the game had great mechanics, i still wouldn't feel compelled to play it in the first place.

But hey, some people like the game, i don't know why, i don't care why, and is not only casuals, there isn't few competent players that will spend more time in DmC than anyone would recommend.
>>
>>126178384

I live in a part of Korea that's underdeveloped compared to the average city for this country. Also I have nothing to play Tekken and KoF on right now, sue me.
>>
what's the best dmc game?
>>
>>126218327
DmC
>>
>>126218327
DMC2
>>
>>126167401
Awakened Alma
>>
>>126218327
In all seriousness, it's either 3 or 4, by far.
>>
Found this talk about attacks in Beat-em-ups, thoughts?
https://vimeo.com/149286999
>>
>>126219819
When the hell is that game going to be announced for a release date?
>>
>>126218292

Oh and I forgot to mention. If you really wanted to ask, my Ask.fm is a much better idea for questions. I could have missed your post.
>>
>>126218327

3 for me.
>>
I love DMC4 but I feel like shit for not having the Special Edition.

If I can run the original DMC4 with every graphic option at minimum, can I run the SE too or does it require a better machine?
>>
>>126221497

DMC4SE is MUCH less optimized. You might be able to do it at the lowest if you also hex edit a few settings so theres less blur and god rays, but it might still run poorly if DMC4 you could only do at the lowest.
>>
>>126221631
I see, I guess I'm staying at vanilla then, thanks.
>>
>>126221497
>but I feel like shit for not having the Special Edition.
Don't be. The game adds 3 characters, 2 of them are shallow (mainly Lady since Trish has a few things to work with), and one overpowered character that's extremely easy to use.
>>
DMC4SE is on sale and I remain a pirate scumbag. I hate myself.
>>
>>126169994
What's the white furry thing on Dante's left supposed to be?
>>
>>126225042
Looks like an Angel / Devil wing on each side of the chair, not his arm
>>
>>126224856

>tfw pirate

Feels good man. I actually use the money I get to upgrade my pc and then get everything for free.

I did buy non /cgg/ games this steam sale though, both portal games and both kotor games for like 10€. Again, feels good manl
>>
>>126225624
Well, I'm just poor af right now, so it's not too horrible of me, just capitalist guilt.

If I were going to buy something, it'd be a steam controller.
>>
>>126219819
>>126220368
I cannot recommend Ben Ruiz's blog enough:

https://aztez.com/blog/category/beat-em-ups/

His attempts of classification are often iffy and arbitrary his analysis on the existing foundation is solid:

https://aztez.com/blog/2012/08/23/the-history-of-beat-em-ups/
https://aztez.com/blog/2012/02/26/what-happens-when-struck/
https://aztez.com/blog/2011/01/29/the-mash-flow/
https://aztez.com/blog/2014/09/08/frame-by-frame-the-swords-basics/

According to their latest update game is about 70% done, so i expect 2016 release.
>>
>>126133389
Memorize enemy attacks

Memorize your weapons moveset

Don't get hit
>>
>>126224856
So what? The game is a fucking rip-off unless you never bought DMC4 previously. In a nutshell, you get 3 new characters, 2 of which might as well be one.
>>
>>126153295
I got to not be homeless. Yay
>>
>>126173636
Alps plays soku?

What up?
>>
>>126173636
And fuck you btw. Soku is super good
>>
>>126178139
Rocket-powered baseball slides mostly.

>>126233298
Thisthisthis.
Aztez actually looks super fun and you can tell that the devs are passionate about action games. I'm subscribed to their twitch/YouTube so I get to catch them occasionally when they steam.

Saur(I know most of you guys don't really care about him) did a breakdown on the demo if you guys are interested.
>>
>>126234468

Ye been playing for years now but I only started taking it seriously last year's summer.

What's your username/Youtube/whatever. Youmu scum reporting in.

Her learning curve at higher levels is one of the more brutal though so all that tier talk and whatever about her, not something I care about
>>
So guys, why is Yaiba so bad? I'm just about halfway through NG3RE and Bayo2, (enjoying both) but the first cuhrayzee game I've played was Yaiba, and I still think it isn't too bad. It has a neat art style, awesome OST, and I felt the combat flows really really well.
>>
>>126237598

>Yaiba
>cuhrayzee

Also Yaiba lacks a jump and generally good combat flow. It has less to offer mechanically than even DmC.

If Bayo 2 and RE are the only cuhrayzee games you played I'm terribly sorry. Get some God Hand or DMC3 in that diet, learn real cuhrayzee.
>>
>>126237938
> criticizes a game for not having a jump
> recommends God Hand

have never played Yaiba nor i intend to do, just having a laugh
>>
>>126233997
if only they were one...
v divider a dude into multilock missiles and then use trish divekick to build huge interia to abuse w lady's air moves

hnng
>>
>>126238219

Difference being God Hand isn't a part of a series that relies on the concept of jumping constantly

Retard
>>
File: digging_deeper_final.jpg (81 KB, 768x459) Image search: [Google]
digging_deeper_final.jpg
81 KB, 768x459
>>126238623
> concept of jumping constantly
I am going to imagine that you're the poster who praises Sigma releases for removing "stupid platforming challenges" for even more irony.

Chill, son.
>>
>>126239424

No I'm not
>>
>>126237938
>Get some God Hand or DMC3 in that diet, learn real cuhrayzee.

Wouldn't be wiser to recommend the best cuhrayzee games inside the franchises he has played? Like, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden Black or 2?

DMC 3 is a great game, but there is always the possibility of he not liking the style of the series, while the possibility of liking something that he is familiar, but improved, being better.
>>
>>126239706
> DMC 3 is a great game, but there is always the possibility of he not liking the style of the series
If anything, Bayonetta has a LOT more offputting and dick confusing features that might turn off a newcomer.
So is NGB with it's crushing difficulty.

I'd say DMC3 is the easiest to recommend out of those 3 especially how it's readily available even for the poorest of poor.
>>
>>126237598
>why is Yaiba so bad?
first DmC, now Yaiba?
Camera is shit (better on PC because you have the option to zoom out). Combat is dumbed down compared to previous Ninja Gaiden games, arguably as bad as 3. Combat itself plays nothing like Ninja Gaiden and more like God of War. Difficulty curve is inconsistent as fuck. Enemy design is shit, lot of them attacking off screen with little if not no audio-visual cues.
>>
>>126240045
I don't know about Yaiba, but if the person played bayonetta 2, it is possible that the person will adapt better to Bayonetta 1 than devil may cry 3. Don't get me wrong, dmc 3 was my first cuhrayzee, but things like: "what style do i use? wow, the game was easy until now, but cerberus is such a difficult boss" and stuff like that might happen.

Well, anyways, DMC 3 is an excellent game and anyone should play, and i say the same about Bayonetta, but in his case, whatever he decides to do is good.
>>
>>126172665
Did you ever figure this shit out? Supposedly you need a Japanese ip address to run it
>>
>>126240496

What you described with DMC3 and having problems is something that happens in a lot of games, anon
>>
>>126239424
Literally never seen someone praise NGS for that reason in this general.

>>126239706
Razor's Edge is a bit different. Your point still stands though, if he likes the worst playable NG game he HAS to like the better ones.
>>
>>126172269
>>126171832
>>126171912
Korean fuck hereno, not who you're thinking, I guess I could download/try it this evening.
>>
File: 14.jpg (60 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
60 KB, 640x360
> yaiba aka ninja gaiden z
> NINJA GAIDEN WITH ZOMBIES!?!??adsdasfda
>maybe we'll get RE4/NGB city exploring with a decent story
>or L4D style zombie craziness with NG2 mechanics and enemies with specific limb weaknesses
> get a shitty God of War ripoff with a terrible PoP:WW/GoW weapon system implemented
I'm still mad
>>
>>126246902
You know what, Yaiba really really REALLY should've been a spin off, set in either the Vampire War and you play as Joe (or Jo, or Ken, whatever) or just a general spin off where you play as Genshin.
Or fuck, bring back the NES games and have a side story with Jaquio or Ashtar or some shit, or hell, even play as Ashtar
>>
>>126247575
>Yaiba really really REALLY should've been a spin off
wait, it wasn't a spin-off? I always viewed it as such.
>>
>>126247996
meant spin off with Genshin or Joe/Ken instead of Yaiba
>>
>>126248097
>Genshin
and who the hell is he supposed to fight? there are probably more living jews that escaped from the camps than Dragon Ninjas in Ryu's clan after 1 and (during) 2
>>
>>126248505
Have him fight like some Vampire fuckers or some fiends trying to overthrow him or whatever. Its a Ninja Gaiden game fuck the plot. Just whip up something so we can play as Genshin.
>>
>>126248573
>Fiends
you could squeeze maybe 2 to 4 chapters out of them. besides, fighting humanoid enemies in ng2 is the best part
>>
>>126248573
>fuck the plot
you want an infinite fiend challenge room where you play as Genshin?
>>
>>126249409
Since Genshin is a fuckhuge guy, you could have him fight larger fiends, and have them operate as regular human enemies.
>>126249458
Yeah, it doesnt have to be a game, but just a mode or some way to play as Genshin would be amazing.
>>
File: 1404001776801.jpg (19 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1404001776801.jpg
19 KB, 620x350
I'm writing a new paste to put an end to the "is Razor's Edge good" question that pops more often than not.

It'll be pretty basic, I don't want to get too in depth and make people not read it because "there is a lot of information bwahh".

>>126132437
If my memory serves me right you have a video that shows pretty well some of the shitty stuff with the enemies on RE, right? can you give me a link to add to the paste?

Anyway, I said it a couple of threads ago but if someone wants to contribute something NG related to the main paste on OP it is more than welcomed. Looking through it I think is getting pretty good with the stuff added lately.
>>
>>126250160
well... is there any menial task that needs to be done? like reorganizing shit or something?
>>
File: HayabusaNinja.jpg (15 KB, 244x241) Image search: [Google]
HayabusaNinja.jpg
15 KB, 244x241
>>126248505
hey don't blame them. not their fault they dont have magic dragon blood and a rare super sword
>>
>>126250521
Not really, someone already did that a couple of threads ago. I'm just saying that new stuff to put on there is always welcome.
>>
>>126250974
is there anything that should be there that isn't?
>>
I need study material. Besides Viewtiful Joe and Fairy Bloom Freesia, what are some other Side scrollers that qualify as cuhrayzee?
>>
>>126251498
umvc3 but dont mention it
>>
>>126251498
2.5D or 2D? check the pastebin
>>
>>126250974
not him, but i would say if it isnt there that at times the games combat system can have an over reliance on the Steel on Bone system and also on OTs
>>
>>126251460
there is always something more my fellow ninja
>>
File: Viewtiful Dante.jpg (58 KB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
Viewtiful Dante.jpg
58 KB, 425x239
As a new indie dev, my goal is to one day produce something worthy of being called cuhrayzee.
>>
File: chapter 2 intro.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
chapter 2 intro.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>126250160

Uh, do you mean this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRHgBmAr-iA

I wouldn't exactly say it's a showcase of what I think is wrong with the entire game, just a highlight of how design decisions make it much more complicated to play without abusing some things. I intentionally avoided using SoB because then everything would've been reduced to just dodging and waiting until the enemies flashed red

I also wrote this a while ago http://pastebin.com/g3bve9k8 but that's just my personal opinion. If you want to take points from it to explain some things then feel free to do so
>>
>>126251541

It's a fighting game, and I'm sure you know DMC and Marvel are pretty close together, DMC3 has some strong SF influences but it primarily pulls from Marvel in the concept of jump cancels, air rave, etc.

but at the end of the day, it's a fighting game, as silly as marvel combos go, it's more about outsmarting your opponent even moreso in MvC2 when you have crossunder tridash locke guard break shenanigans, and that's entirely separate (gigantic) community that you don't need /cgg/ for.
>>
File: itagaki_in_his_prime.jpg (45 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
itagaki_in_his_prime.jpg
45 KB, 512x384
>>126252925
Yes that's the one

I forgot about that pastebin of yours, I'll check it out but as I said I want to keep it as simple as possible without going too in depth so people can get an easy picture of the game.
>>
File: 614721-itagaki.jpg (14 KB, 624x200) Image search: [Google]
614721-itagaki.jpg
14 KB, 624x200
>>126252925
>>126253465
Done, added your video and paste (why not? if someone wants to dig even further).

It might look a bit long, but I feel like from a neutral point of view it covers most of the usual stuff and it can give a quick impression about what's going on in the game without boring the reader with a lot of in depth stuff.

http://pastebin.com/4kd4xtTR
>>
jesus christ
NG ON STEAM WHEN
>>
>>126258384
RIGHT AFTER NINTENDO BRINGS OVER BAYONETTA 1 AND 2
>>
>>126258384
never. Get a Xbox 360.
>>
>>126258445
already played them on PS3
>>
>>126251498
Mirage Rainblood Chronicles
>>
File: 1357253882098.png (438 KB, 845x467) Image search: [Google]
1357253882098.png
438 KB, 845x467
>got a Wii U a month back
>decide tat it's about time I got myself Bayonetta and the pro controller
>am having the shittiest time trying to get a hang of the actual controller
Why must I suck so much?
>>
>>126258384
there's yaiba :3c
>>
File: happyfrog.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
happyfrog.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>tfw no Bayonetta on steam

it feels like there are no good hack and slash games for the PC if anyone can convince me of the opposite then the stage is yours

hack & slash games i loved playing on the x360 were Ninety nine nights, Bullet witch, Bayonetta and Kingdom under Fire circle of doom

i would be happy if any of those games would make it to steam but i guess that possibility is not existing
>>
>>126263358
>it feels like there are no good hack and slash games for the PC
>ignores DMC4
>>
>>126263697
sorry but dmc4 doesn't seem to be to my liking, i played the demo way back on x360 when it first came out and it was pretty boring to me it was way inferior to bayonetta
>>
>>126263358
>Owns xbox
>Plays action games
>Now wants to paly the same games on PC

Play the game on Xbox, again.

>RRoD
Buy another one like everyone else.

>Bumfag
No wonder you want it on PC
>>
>>126263831
i really appreciate your anger towards me

my x360 never had a red ring of death and i own it since 2006 and i still have it but i already played through those 4 games a dozen times and i don't have money to buy the xbox one or wii u or anything at all i'm a poor shit

>>bumfag
i do like asses and titties but they are no requirement for me if DMC4 had a ass smooth combat and a shitload of different weapon combinations like you have in Bayonetta i would actually play it
>>
>>126264087
But I don't get it, if you own an xbox and those game then what the fuck do you need a Bayonetta Steam Edition for? What is the fucking point of this? fyi most of the games on the list and also available for PC besides the main ones in which you probably also already own them too so I get why you need the same action games on PC.
>>
>>126264087
play dmc3 with style switcher
and then play dmc4

or vice versa
>>
>>126264275
i should have been specific that i wanted bayonetta 1+2 on steam i would be fine with just 2 aswell cause i never played it and can't

>>126264290
i will research into that thanks
>>
>>126264438
I would tell you to get a WiiU but
>buying a console for one game
unless you have other games that pique your interest
>>
File: 1443755304094.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443755304094.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>126264438
Either you buy a Wii U or deal with it. Just like how I dealt with Tatsunoko vs Capcom being a Wii exclusive. This is nothing new, Nintendo and every console including the PC will always have one game that you will not get to play unless you open your got damn wallet. Sure bumfags can pirate, but when specs go up they can't play shit until they spend money. I hope Nier 2 is really fucking good and gets a PC release just so I can laugh at al the people pirating Nier 2 and playing it at below 15 FPS in a small window. They'll blame it on optimization, hahahahahahaha.

But yeah, nothing new.

Step 1: Get a job
Step 2: Make a savings goal for Wii U + Bayonetta
Step 3: Enjoy your fresh Bayonetta 2 dickings.

Sorry. I just have to get on the bumfags for port begging every other day.
>>
>>126263805
Get DMC3 on steam then.
>>
>>126265228
>Nier 2
>PC
pfft, will never happen
>>
>>126265228
>only poor people pirate: the post.
that's funny.
>>
File: KRISPY-KREME-PIRATE.jpg (234 KB, 1536x1022) Image search: [Google]
KRISPY-KREME-PIRATE.jpg
234 KB, 1536x1022
>>126266639
It's one thing to pirate a shit game but to pirate the shit you actually care about? Kill yourself. That's why no DMC5. you idiots were pirating DMC4SE.

>Where's my price drop for owning DMC4?
>Fuck Capcom, 25 dollars!? They're insane! That's too expensive, pirate!
>Anyone have a link to the pirated version of DMC

Can only laugh at how sad it is to hear this coming from core players.
>>
>>126267123
>getting this mad about piraters
stay mad.
>>
>>126265228

>implying people don't pirate console games
>>
File: kayo.jpg (99 KB, 500x642) Image search: [Google]
kayo.jpg
99 KB, 500x642
>>126267294
>stay mad.
>laugh
>sad

>>126267404
Still have to buy the console. That a bit too much for someone who can't even afford to buy DMC4SE for 24.99 off Steam and would cost more all together.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.