[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251
File: tumblr_mi0jbdgslw1raccfbo1_500.jpg (206 KB, 465x429) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mi0jbdgslw1raccfbo1_500.jpg
206 KB, 465x429
Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #357 - Fang Edition

>Link Compilation<
http://pastebin.com/qzTmPvbx

>Drawfag/Writefag Idea Walls<
http://pastebin.com/j8KkPQ4n
http://pastebin.com/jNKKMk5b

>News/Developments<
New Mario & Sonic at Rio 2016 3DS Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZwRYHUxtUA

Archie Action Solicits for February 2016
http://comicsalliance.com/archie-action-sonic-solicitations-february-2016/?trackback=tsmclip

Chapter 1 of Lost Hedgehog Tales is LIVE.
http://www.bumbleking.com/lht/Lost%20Hedgehog%20Tales%20-%20Part%201.pdf

Sega of Europe:New Sonic games will be "more inspired by how it played in its heyday.”
http://www.tssznews.com/2015/10/26/sega-europe-new-sonic-games-to-be-more-inspired-by-how-it-played-in-heyday/

Metal Sonic and Omega are currently on the premium roulette for Sonic Runners.

>Recent Releases<
Sonic Lost World has released on Steam!

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 has released for the Nintendo 3DS! You can buy it on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom has released for iOS and Android devices! You can download it for free from iTunes or the Google Play store.

Sonic Boom first season has ended! You can watch all of the first season's episodes in English here:
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/sonic-boom

Previous Thread: >>122309375
>>
Man, Big lost a lot of weight.
>>
File: Fanfiction.jpg (1 MB, 2247x2115) Image search: [Google]
Fanfiction.jpg
1 MB, 2247x2115
>>
File: tumblr_nxvmeitzwJ1uowihdo1_1280.png (703 KB, 900x743) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxvmeitzwJ1uowihdo1_1280.png
703 KB, 900x743
>>
File: image.jpg (513 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
513 KB, 1333x1000
Lara-Su Chronicles story time when??
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 480x640
Cuties.
>>
File: Lara Su Donutsteel.png (78 KB, 888x1048) Image search: [Google]
Lara Su Donutsteel.png
78 KB, 888x1048
>>122488151
Whenever it comes out in the year two thousand and never, because Penders talks a big game, but can't back it up
>>
File: Sonic the Hedgehog 270-014.jpg (2 MB, 1986x3056) Image search: [Google]
Sonic the Hedgehog 270-014.jpg
2 MB, 1986x3056
I quoted the wrong post, fuck
>>122486590
>I would say Bates and Hesse are better overall. You seem to have a bias towards her style so I wouldn't exactly take your words with any weight.
You sound personally offended by my art preferences, which is bizarre. In that post I was basically saying "they're equally good", pretty much taking away my "Skelly > Hesse & Bates" claim from earlier. I admitted my own bias towards "cute, cartoony & funny" but you're now showing the same sort of bias, except against that look.

I think they're pretty much equal but Skelly is better at some things while Hesse & Bates are better than others. The latter are better at "cool action" but Skelly is better at... I dunno what the word for it is in comics but I guess I could say "visual acting". Her panel-to-panel poses and expressions are more inventive and distinct and thus the non-action moments feel more natural. Your retort will probably be (Joseph_Joestar.png) "well, that's because it's obnoxiously cartoony and wacky and exaggerated! the other two guys aren't try-hard hacks!" but I disagree, I think it's not exaggeration that defines such qualities. I can show off plenty of art that's NOT super-cartoony and exaggerated but varied and inventive in its posing and expressions. It just so happens that Skelly likes exaggeration, but that's not a bad thing.

>Even shit like Tom and Jerry, which I would say is the epitome of being "cartoony"
It seems to be a common opinion among classic cartoon types that Tom & Jerry is very technically impressive but very bland by the standards of "golden age" animation, and I agree.

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/The-Daffy-Duck-Show/Episode-040-The-Great-Piggy-Bank-Robbery?id=30140 I think stuff like this is way better "cartoony golden age animation" and it's way less consistent than Tom & Jerry
>>
>>122488270
Could anyone post a full string of the few pages we have gotten, then?
>>
File: God has forsaken us.png (437 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
God has forsaken us.png
437 KB, 500x734
>>122488270
>>122488151
Actually, you know what's sad? This parody profile here >>122488270 not only gives me a better idea of who Lara-Su is than the official one, but actually has better art
>>122488372
You mean the two fucking pages? Okay
>>
>>122487009
Fang is really underrated.

Why Sega has to create loads of character when they could pull something old and re-invent it, like waht they did with Chaotix.
>>
>>122488441
And the 2nd one. Notice how Lara-Su, the titular protagonist, is on none of these pages
>>122488539
Because why pay attention to old characters and make them new again when we can simply use the same 3-5 characters we've been using since Unleashed and have them do the same thing they've been doing since Colors (Stand around and crack shitty jokes in a plot devoid of all tension and excitement)
>>
>>122488281
>but you're now showing the same sort of bias, except against that look
Pointing out the flaws with Skelly is not having a bias against her. Having a bias against her would be me calling her worse than she actually is. I called her style obnoxious, and gave reason for saying that, and that's about as far as it went with me.
>I think they're pretty much equal but Skelly is better at some things while Hesse & Bates are better than others
I've said why I think Skelly is fundamentally inferior to Bates and Hesse. Saying they're equal because they do certain aspects of drawing better than another is completely ignoring their ability as a whole.
>feel more natural
>natural
I think you might want to find a different word because having an overreaction to everything all the time is not natural.
>but that's not a bad thing
It is when it's the only thing she does.
Wonderful musician Miles Davis said that it's not the notes that you play but the notes that you don't play and that applies to just about everything. Skelly never stops playing her notes. There is not one page where something is not overexaggerated to an unreasonable degree.
>but very bland by the standards of "golden age" animation
Anyone that thinks the "peak of animation slapstick" is bland is out of their mind. That includes you. It should be common sense that constantly being bombarded with one type and level of stimulus will end with the person becoming desensitized to it.
>>
File: 17.jpg (4 MB, 2024x3060) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
4 MB, 2024x3060
>>122488281
>>122486590
And yeah, sure, Sonic is more "2KOOL4SKOOL" that Looney Tunes or Bimbo or whoever but I think Skelly can get that across too. Maybe not as well as Bates & Hesse but it's definitely there.

I think a mix of the best elements of the styles of all three would create the best Sonic style, but that would likely not be possible because every artist has their own approach even if they're TRYING to copy others.

Well, that's as far as comics go. Frankly I think the best "cool Sonic" style ever is the Sonic CD FMVs; but that's helped hugely by the animation, and animation is a different medium so comparing them would be apples & oranges https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54B23EoieM4
>>
File: This is the future you chose.jpg (268 KB, 971x1500) Image search: [Google]
This is the future you chose.jpg
268 KB, 971x1500
>>122488760
And the cover
>>
>>122488934
How the fuck does anyone look at this and see an acceptable end product
>>
>>122488906
>but I think Skelly can get that across too
And I think otherwise. Almost all attempts at being "cool" get lost in all the constant "cute".
>I think a mix of the best elements of the styles of all three would create the best Sonic style
It probably would and this brings up a good point. Balance would bring about a great style and some of the most well received issues have had very balanced styles. Skelly is far from balanced and that's evident just by looking at it. She's shown she's good at being overblown, exaggerated, and crazy but not really anything else.
Bates and Hesse have shown to be proficient to great at doing action, looking cool, and being cute and expressive, all at a reasonable but varying levels. I'll most likely be proven wrong if Skelly ever comes back to do a big arc and decides not to go nuts like she did with the Fighters arc but as it stands she's pretty weak at doing anything but being overly reactive and expressive, which would be great if it wasn't all there was for 4 issues.
>>
>>122489052
I've actually come to an interesting conclusion about Penders. He's autistic, and not in the funny way (Like how we call each other autsits, but in the actual definition of the word. Just look at how he writes characters as unfeeling robots(Even the highest functioning autistic people have genuine trouble understanding and displaying emotion), or how he puts things in that only an autistic child would find cool, with no regard for context or consequences. On the topic of consequences, he doesn't realize that actions have consequences, and this shows. His obsession and narcissism are actually very prevalent in a lot of autistic people. His utter blindness to the big picture of life and reality, as well as his repitition of statements, plot points, and general mannerism only adds to this. Now I'm probably stating the obvious with this, but I thought it'd be itneresting to point out
>>
File: Why didn't you stop it.jpg (545 KB, 1400x1017) Image search: [Google]
Why didn't you stop it.jpg
545 KB, 1400x1017
>>
>>122489693
LSC Geoffrey kidnapping regular Geoffrey when? Bonus points for regular Geoffrey calling out for his wife to save him or that he's sorry
>>
File: Sonic the Hedgehog 270-003.jpg (1 MB, 1986x3056) Image search: [Google]
Sonic the Hedgehog 270-003.jpg
1 MB, 1986x3056
>>122488898
>Pointing out the flaws with Skelly is not having a bias against her.
What you're pointing out are not "objective flaws", they're completely intentional things that require technical skill; a type of technical skill that's often overlooked. Variety of expressions & poses is just as objectively quantifiable as correct perspective.
>I think you might want to find a different word because having an overreaction to everything all the time is not natural.
See? My Joseph Joestar comment was spot-on. I DID predict your response; you just said something I anticipated you would say IN THE VERY SAME POST and already offered my counter-argument:
>"well, that's because it's obnoxiously cartoony and wacky and exaggerated! the other two guys aren't try-hard hacks!" but I disagree, I think it's not exaggeration that defines such qualities. I can show off plenty of art that's NOT super-cartoony and exaggerated but varied and inventive in its posing and expressions. It just so happens that Skelly likes exaggeration, but that's not a bad thing.

>There is not one page where something is not overexaggerated to an unreasonable degree.
All the pages I posted are full of more "neutral" expressions and poses (except the action stuff).
>It should be common sense that constantly being bombarded with one type and level of stimulus will end with the person becoming desensitized to it.
Except that Diana Skelly isn't guilty of that; there's a clear balance of more neutral poses and super-wacky ones. Tom & Jerry is more guilty of the very thing you stated; it's too on-model and consistent, which is not a good thing because life doesn't have a model sheet.
>Anyone that thinks the "peak of animation slapstick" is bland is out of their mind.
What knowledgeable authority are you getting this from? I highly doubt many highly-skilled animators hold Tom & Jerry up as the "epitome of cartoony slapstick"; it's highly respected but, as far as I know, not considered "the best ever".
>>
>>122489676
Oh, and a recent screencap that backs this up
>>
>>122489676
>She's shown she's good at being overblown, exaggerated, and crazy but not really anything else.
Look at >>122488906

Panel 1: Sonic looks pretty normal, Amy has a really wacky expression. Tails & Honey are normal.

Panels 2 and 3: pretty normal

Panel 4: Tails' expression is fairly exaggerated but fittingly so, Honey's face is more normal (but very specific).

Final panel: Amy is pretty wacky, Sonic is normal, Honey is normal, Tails is silly. Only one of the guys in the background could be argued to be "wacky" but I wouldn't say so; I'll list it in "wacky" though to be kinder to your point.

So on this page we have 5 exaggerated expressions and 11 neutral ones. I'd say it's a pretty good balance.
>>
File: Spaz sketches.jpg (163 KB, 482x750) Image search: [Google]
Spaz sketches.jpg
163 KB, 482x750
>>
>>122489945
The flaw I talked about is not about her linework, though I have my own minor issues with that, but how she uses her expressive style. She's a one-trick pony.
>Variety of expressions & poses is just as objectively quantifiable as correct perspective.
So it is quantifiable?
>My Joseph Joestar comment was spot-on
It wasn't and predicting a response does not automatically make you correct. If you think it does, you might want to fuck off.
Had you read what I posted, it's not that she's overly expressive but that she's constantly overly expressive.
>All the pages I posted are full of more "neutral" expressions and poses
Are you trying to help my side of this argument or something because even those "more neutral" were still highly expressive. It's like a constant waterfall of sugar and nothing else.
>Except that Diana Skelly isn't guilty of that; there's a clear balance of more neutral poses and super-wacky ones
Except for the part where everything you've posted involves an overreaction of some kind. The most tame page you've shown as part of your "proof" is the one attached to the spot I'm replying to now.
>Tom & Jerry is more guilty of the very thing you stated; it's too on-model and consistent
Are you trying to prove that you don't know what you're talking about? Making anything stand out in any medium is contrast. T&J are pretty solid, until they start a slapstick bit. As such, the slapstick has an actual impact and feels meaningful. Since Skelly is constantly throwing out these crazy expressions, it loses its impact, especially in retrospect.
>which is not a good thing because life doesn't have a model sheet
You really don't understand what you're talking about, huh.
>>122490716
>pretty normal
>neutral
Maybe in comparison to her own artwork. Even at her most tame, she's still expressive and she hits those lows very rarely while her highs are far more often and far more prominent.
I'm starting to think you're just a Skelly whiteknight
>>
Giantess Pronghorn sisters when
>>
File: 770.jpg (171 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
770.jpg
171 KB, 500x321
It's often I see someone complaining about something being too expressive.
>>
>>122491285
Please leave.
>>
>>122491890
Okay. Sorry.
>>
>>122488441
>>122488760
>>122488934
When the fans are able to make the characters look more appealing than the official artists, you know you've done something wrong.
>>
>>122491285
Hopefully never, unless it's poorly drawn. I hate seeing good art wasted on hyper-specific fetishes I'm not into.
>>
>>122491991
Still over designed as all get out but at least one can look at these without retching.
>>
>>122491991
>the official artists
That guy is a fucking moron and doesn't represent "the official artists". There's a handful of Archie artists that do a good job.
>>
>>122491991
Still causes my body to react by attempting suicide uncontrollably but it's not as strong as the real thing at least.
>>122492179
He's talking about the official artists for LSC, not Archie Sonic, m80.
>>
>>
>>122492309
AND THEN SONIC PUNCHES HIM
>>
>>122491991
Reminder that Penders thinks that people like inkers, colorists, and pencillers are not creators and thinks that he puts more effort into his comic than Ian and co do into the Sonic comic
Source of said statement here: tAnh8ZkN
>>
>>122492463
Kiss of Death
>>
File: kiss.png (488 KB, 700x895) Image search: [Google]
kiss.png
488 KB, 700x895
>>122492309
Nicole, I know you ship them but fuck off. This is the real OTP.
>>
>>122492309
[Spoiler]s-source[/spoiler]
>>
File: tumblr_nxw01453De1uc6571o1_400.gif (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxw01453De1uc6571o1_400.gif
1 MB, 256x192
>>122492775
>>
>>122491217
>The flaw I talked about is not about her linework, though I have my own minor issues with that, but how she uses her expressive style. She's a one-trick pony.
>Even at her most tame, she's still expressive
You just implied this is a bad thing. Think about that for a while.

"Her" linework is not her own. It's admittedly the weakest part of those pages, but it's some other artist.

>she hits those lows very rarely while her highs are far more often and far more prominent.

This is wrong. I counted them up in one page to prove you wrong; do you really want me to waste time and count them up in an entire issue?

>Are you trying to prove that you don't know what you're talking about? Making anything stand out in any medium is contrast. T&J are pretty solid, until they start a slapstick bit. As such, the slapstick has an actual impact and feels meaningful. Since Skelly is constantly throwing out these crazy expressions, it loses its impact, especially in retrospect.

Oh my god dude, yes, I get it; you watched Doug Walker's "Why is Tom & Jerry good" video and you're equating Diana Skelly to his Kennedy Cartoons comparison. That guy's animation taste/knowledge is pretty good within the context of TGWTG amateurs, but he's still not good by proper "animation analysis" standards.
>Are you trying to help my side of this argument or something because even those "more neutral" were still highly expressive. It's like a constant waterfall of sugar and nothing else.
You are once again acting like "expressiveness" is a bad thing. You don't switch back and forth between "expressive" and "inexpressive" drawings; EVERYTHING has to be expressive. Real humans, even in their most neutral stances, tell you something about who they are.
>You really don't understand what you're talking about, huh.
What are your credentials as a cartoon critic? If you're gonna appeal to authority at least do it right, otherwise word your points instead of spouting vague dismissals.
>>
>>122492113
>>122492241
How about now?
>>
>>122492897
>>
>>122491872
This is the first time I've seen someone actually use the word "expressive" as a negative descriptor though, or something that you need to "pace yourself" with as if "good, balanced art" needs a mix of "expressive" and "inexpressive" pages. Fuckin' bizarre.
>>
File: Hugs.gif (987 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
Hugs.gif
987 KB, 500x342
>>122492775
I disagree. Sonaze is fine too though
>>122492872
Not him, but I found it on Jon Gray's twitter (It was something he retweeted
>>122493129
Eh, but I don't think even Aoki could make that fucking design work
>>
>>122493219
God SatAM was so fucking ugly.
>>
>>122493219
>backpack

...vulnerable?
>>
>>122493219
Why would he retweet that?
>>
File: 1442001291498.jpg (670 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1442001291498.jpg
670 KB, 700x700
>>122493518
Why not?
>>
>>122493129
Eh it works for me
>>
>>122492905
>You just implied this is a bad thing
It fucking is when it's the only thing she's capable of doing. I absolutely love the philly cheese steaks from jersey mike's but even I would get sick of them after a certain point. Thank god for the variety of artists Archie has for Sonic.
>This is wrong. I counted them up in one page to prove you wrong; do you really want me to waste time and count them up in an entire issue?
It would mean nothing. What you view as highly expressive and what I view as highly expressive are two totally different things. There's a reason why I didn't counter your "argument" by counting them myself.
>Oh my god dude, yes, I get it; you watched Doug Walker's "Why is Tom & Jerry good" video and you're equating Diana Skelly to his Kennedy Cartoons comparison. That guy's animation taste/knowledge is pretty good within the context of TGWTG amateurs, but he's still not good by proper "animation analysis" standards.
I don't watch idiots. I probably shouldn't even bother finishing this post since you just pulled out the biggest fucking deflection in the universe to cover your ass instead of having an actual point. I hope you don't expect me to hold anything you say from now on as having any weight to it whatsoever. Congrats on fucking yourself, stupid.
>You are once again acting like "expressiveness" is a bad thing.
And you are once again acting like you can't read.
>What are your credentials as a cartoon critic?
What are yours?
>appeal to authority
Saying you don't have a clue is not an appeal to authority, it's ad hominem. Get it right.
>instead of spouting vague dismissals
>spouting dismissals
>after what you did in this very post
Jesus.
>>
File: There is no salvation'.jpg (47 KB, 373x800) Image search: [Google]
There is no salvation'.jpg
47 KB, 373x800
>>122493129
The problems with Penders' LSC designs (And his designs in general) have a multitude of problems, but they all share one: They try wayyyyy too hard to be "sci-fi" or "Tacticool". Just look at Lien-da's or Lara Su's LSC designs, they have all this weird shit on them that screams "ISN'T THIS TOTALLY SCI FI GUYS"
>>
File: Noooooooooo fighting 3.png (50 KB, 1000x344) Image search: [Google]
Noooooooooo fighting 3.png
50 KB, 1000x344
>>
>>122494036
Also the demonic wax figure face. Don't forget the demonic wax figure face.
>>
>>122494227
Go away, deer.
>>
File: omega science.jpg (290 KB, 1001x513) Image search: [Google]
omega science.jpg
290 KB, 1001x513
>>122494227
FUCK YOU MEATBAG
>>
>>122494036
Just like Julie-Su's robotic dreadlock that did nothing until Ian.
>>
File: 1443989512811.png (96 KB, 173x295) Image search: [Google]
1443989512811.png
96 KB, 173x295
>>122492775
>>
File: Enchiladas everywhere.png (2 MB, 964x880) Image search: [Google]
Enchiladas everywhere.png
2 MB, 964x880
>>122494318
Or anything in the Cabal of Secret Grandpas. He really did put no effort into his designs. Just made it look like a generic anthro or make it Knuckles but with some random shit on it
>>
>>122493879
>I don't watch idiots.
Everything you said reads like a copypaste of his video. If you didn't watch that then... congrats on accidentally sounding exactly like a lame-ass TGWTG video? Why would this make you look better.

>It fucking is when it's the only thing she's capable of doing.
"She's ONLY capable of making expressive drawings? What a hack!"

This is utterly ridiculous. How do I even argue against this? It's like trying to convince someone that the sky is pink.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU ADDRESS MY OH-SO-REASONABLE CRITICISM" because I already did. I literally counted the number of exaggerated and non-exaggerated expressions in a page and the number of non-exaggerated ones was higher; but it seems like you seriously think something is "try-hard" not just if every panel is exaggerated, but simply if every panel is *expressive*. As if "expressiveness" is something you need to "pace yourself" with and is not the mark of good art if it's always present. This is nuts and I've never seen anyone else make such a wacky point in my life.
>>
>>
>>122494539
>It's like trying to convince someone that the sky is pink.

I mean

"it's like YOU are trying"
>>
>>122494227
Where's a Sage version that encourages fights?
>>
File: 1428373795618.png (238 KB, 330x790) Image search: [Google]
1428373795618.png
238 KB, 330x790
Around whites, internet fights
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 760x1235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 760x1235
>>122494618
Cylent nite had a bad habit of overdesigning their characters anyway so the LSC shit is probably right up their alley.
>>
File: also.png (733 KB, 726x727) Image search: [Google]
also.png
733 KB, 726x727
>>
File: 1441137089338.jpg (29 KB, 628x568) Image search: [Google]
1441137089338.jpg
29 KB, 628x568
>>122494872
jesus fuck her eyes creep me out
>>
>>122494493
And honestly worst of all, most of his designs told us nothing about the character. The first time I saw Spectre, I thought he was a villain. Why not, he sure as hell looked like one. A good design can speak volumes about a character, whether it be their alleigance, personality, powers, or overall role in the story. None of Penders' designs do that
>>122494802
I like their ideas for alternate timelines, but the designs are laughable at best
>>122494539
>>122493879
Can both of you either fuck off or agree to disagree already. This is getting tedious
>>
File: 1436247188272.png (93 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1436247188272.png
93 KB, 800x800
>>122492775
implying

>>122492872
just something I found in e621
>>
File: Where is my mommy.png (389 KB, 430x550) Image search: [Google]
Where is my mommy.png
389 KB, 430x550
>>122494802
You want to know something weird? This child is neither Elise nor Sonic. It's Iblis The explanation for this is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen
>>
>>122494539
>Why would this make you look better.
Why would having common sense and basic analytical ability make me look worse or make me wrong for that matter? Do you have a point with this garbage or are you just trying to get away with not having to address how right I am with the point I originally made with T&J?
>"She's ONLY capable of making expressive drawings? What a hack!"
Yeah, I called her a hack. I didn't even call her bad at all in any post of mine. I stated that's a flaw she has but I have never disclosed what I think of her as an artist.
>How do I even argue against this?
Well, the first step is to pretend I said things I didn't, continue to not read, and then run away when I have a legitimate point again.
>I literally counted the number of exaggerated and non-exaggerated expressions in a page and the number of non-exaggerated ones was higher
Determining which expressions are overly exaggerrated is
S U B J E C T I V E
and means nothing in an argument.
>As if "expressiveness" is something you need to "pace yourself" with and is not the mark of good art if it's always present
As you said previously, even at their most tame, humans are still expressive with small visual nuances. That's called subtlety, which is inversely proportionate to the level of expressiveness. That is definitely something you have to pace if want the big moments to feel big in the first place without completely overdoing it. You'd realize this if you got all the Skelly spunk out of your eyes and tried thinking about basic visual logic in a reasonable fashion.
>>122495018
He's almost done with digging himself into his grave. It'll be over in a bit.
>>
File: Never go full Retard.jpg (3 MB, 2305x4145) Image search: [Google]
Never go full Retard.jpg
3 MB, 2305x4145
>>122495306
>implying
>>
File: beautiful.gif (4 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
beautiful.gif
4 MB, 400x225
>>122492897
Jesus, my heart
>>
>>122495307
Actually, relating to the picture, how would you guys rewrite Sonic and Elise's interactions in 06? And I know that a lot of the responses are going to be "Keep them as friends", so let's mix things up a bit. You have to keep th romantic angle
>>
>>122495621
>Elise is a headstrong Queen that rules over her kingdom justly, and isn't a damsel in distress
>Sonic being the good guy helps her and her kingdom against Eggman
>Elise and Sonic becomes friends after many interactions
>No romance, just good friends
>>
>>122495480
Not an anon from any of this but if what is considered expressive and not expressive completely subjective then what's the point of even arguing about it other than to be a dipshit? If it's completely subjective then there is literally nothing that you can factually base it off of as good or bad.

Both of you are dumbasses.

>>122495621
I'd make Elise an actual sonic character instead of a Final Fantasy one. If I can't do that then I'd just delete her from existence and replace her with Sally.

I'm sorry but I honestly hate Elise. She's ugly and useless and contributes literally nothing to the story other than a stereotypical vessel for D-day monster.
>>
>>122496041
>I'd make Elise an actual sonic character instead of a Final Fantasy one.
That's an insult to Final Fantasy. Fucking Rinoa (Who literally existed to be Squall's cocksleeve) and Lightning are better than Elise
>>
>>122496041
>what's the point of even arguing about it
Because the guy's an idiot. I stated what I thought of her and he's riding Skelly's dick so hard that he took actual offense to what I thought of her and how and what I viewed as a flaw she has. Her constant over-expressiveness being a flaw is objective. How much of it someone can tolerate is the subjective side of that argument. I could barely deal with 4 issues of it. Apparently that guy would be fine with Skelly all the time.
>having opinions and making actual points against idiots is being a dumbass
>>
File: Brotherly love.jpg (109 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
Brotherly love.jpg
109 KB, 550x412
>>122495528
>implying
>>
File: Sonouge 1.jpg (158 KB, 786x1016) Image search: [Google]
Sonouge 1.jpg
158 KB, 786x1016
>>122496484
>implying
>>
File: Best bros (2).png (747 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
Best bros (2).png
747 KB, 1024x730
>>122496159
>Insulting Final Fantasy.
Anon that hasn't been possible since they release 13-2.

>>122496354
I didn't say having opinions and making points is being a dumbass I said arguing about how your opinion is right over someone else's opinion is being a dumbass. If what you say is the case then tell him to go eat a bag of dicks.

btw eat a bag of dicks.

>>122496484
IS IT TIME ALREADY?!?
>>
File: SoKnux.png (1006 KB, 1280x1234) Image search: [Google]
SoKnux.png
1006 KB, 1280x1234
>>122496619
>Implying
>>
File: Bedtime stories.jpg (535 KB, 1280x1269) Image search: [Google]
Bedtime stories.jpg
535 KB, 1280x1269
>>122496798
>IS IT TIME ALREADY?!?
No
>Anon this hasn't been possible since they released 13
FTFY
On an unrelated note, since Senpai did say we'd see Sally's mom in some form in 2016, what is the chance that she's dead? And what did she die from, since the answer to the previous question is 95%
>>
>>122495480
>>122496041
>>122496354
You used "expressive" to mean "over-expressive" multiple times and are now backpedaling. Look at this exchange:

>"Even at her most tame, she's still expressive"
>"You just implied this is a bad thing. Think about that for a while."
>"It fucking is when it's the only thing she's capable of doing."

You're also contradicting yourself:

>"Determining which expressions are overly exaggerrated is
>S U B J E C T I V E
>and means nothing in an argument."

...then later...

>"Her constant over-expressiveness being a flaw is objective."

If "over-exaggeration" is subjective then it can't be an "objective flaw". Good job owning yourself brah.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 640x360
Elise was a character with plenty of potential, a cute design, shame she was written into such a horrible game.
>>
>>122497068
The problem is that her design is cute, but it doesn't fit in Sonic. The Final Fantasy comparisons are made for a fucking reason.
>>122497043
>>122496354
Just fuck off already. It's literally going in circles at this point
>>
>>122497040
>FTFY
Ty. I derped hard there.

>yfw Sally's mom is Elise.

>>122497043
Leave me out of your shitstorm please.

>>122497068
>Plenty of potential.
Any character has that honestly.

>A cute design.
If by cute you mean an Asian given googly eyes with a piece of onion skin as a mouth and some old red brushes from a broom made in the 1910's then yea I guess.

>Shame she was written.
FTFY.

I'll stop my shitposting on Elise for now.
>>
>>122495621
Change "Elise can't cry" to "Elise can't lose hope." At the start, Elise has a tenuous grasp on hope. Her parents are both dead, she's been raised as a sheltered royal figure since childhood, and she has extremely severe emotional issues. The only reason she's keeping herself together is for the good of her kingdom, but with more and more of her authority being delegated to advisers and/or a legislature, she's starting to question if she's even necessary for that, yet it's all she's ever known.

So Sonic comes along and saves her a couple times. She sees this and, combined with some dialogue about living life to the fullest and helping others, comes to realize she can still make a difference in the world. By the end of Sonic's story, she's ready to be a confident and level-headed ruler who truly helps her people, but her emotional strength is still rooted in her connection to Sonic. She's still emotionally dependent on him.

Then Sonic gets ganked. The one person who ever treated her for who she was instead of what she was, the one person who gave meaning to her life, gone. Hopes shattered, Iblis released. She doesn't snap out of it until after the Chaos Emeralds are gathered; seeing all of the friends Sonic's made and all the lives he's touched makes her realize that there's still hope left, even as existence itself is close to ending. Finally, the ending cutscene where she snuffs out Solaris serves as the culmination of all of this. She's about to lose Sonic again for good because the entire timeline will be reset, but comes to realize she can't rely on others and needs to be a strong-willed person on her own.
>>
>>122497043
>are now backpedaling
Not at all. That's what you've been doing for a while now.
>"Even at her most tame, she's still expressive"
Relative to herself.
>"Her constant over-expressiveness being a flaw is objective."
In general.
The only thing you've done with this post is imply that Skelly isn't expressive.
>If "over-exaggeration" is subjective then it can't be an "objective flaw"
Deciding what it is and isn't exaggeration when comparing her panels is subjective. The fact that she has two speeds, fast and way too fast so to speak, is the flaw because she lacks subtlety and contrast since everything is over the top in general. Try again. But don't actually. You'll just embarrass yourself more.
>>
>>122497040
This artist tends to draw the characters barepaw.
>>
>>122497558
>>yfw Sally's mom is Elise.
>YFW it's Rosie
>>
File: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg (32 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg
32 KB, 250x272
>>122496354
>Her constant over-expressiveness being a flaw is objective.
>>
>>122497558
Fuck off, cockmaster.
>>
>>122498032
>yfw it's MAMA ROBOTNIK!
>>
>>122498106
>Implying Elise wasn't shit with a shit design that again, didn't really fit in Sonic, and hit uncanny valley with her creepy in-game model.
>>122498182
Jon no.
>>
>>122498079
>
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 784x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 784x1000
>>122495621
I like the idea of Elise but hate the execution. I still think she's a qt3.14 tho... her design doesn't bother me, just the art direction of Very Real Humans next to Very Not Real hedgehog. If she were more anime or cartoonish she'd probably raise a lot fewer eyebrows.
>>122497635
This person has the right idea. Mind if I steal it?
>>
File: 1371924288028.jpg (47 KB, 383x504) Image search: [Google]
1371924288028.jpg
47 KB, 383x504
>>122498420
You stopped reading the direct quote from the other post. Good job.
>>
File: Hey there.png (608 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hey there.png
608 KB, 1024x768
>>122496804
>Implying

>>122496798
>IS IT TIME ALREADY?!?
no
>>
>>122498798
I replied to a memepost with a memepost. Did I do it wrong?
>>
>>122498863
Sonnic? Well that's new. Right?
>>
File: Muttski.jpg (155 KB, 896x1475) Image search: [Google]
Muttski.jpg
155 KB, 896x1475
>>122498606
>her design doesn't bother me, just the art direction of Very Real Humans next to Very Not Real hedgehog.
Which was only made worse by the highly photorealistc animals that also appeared in the game. Sonic walking a dog is still one of the most surreal things to come out of the game, if not any of the games (And on that note, I don't get people who complain that Muttski isn't a real dog anymore. Yes, him getting a redesign was really jarring and weird, but Sonic having a pet dog was much weirder)
>>122498798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
>>
>>122498948
If I respond to this will it be a meme?
If I post on 4chan will it be a meme?
If I log onto the internet will it be a meme?
If I turn my computer on will it be a meme?
If I wake up in the morning or night will it be a meme?
If I breath will it be a meme?
If I live will it be a meme?

Seriously you niggers need to fuck off though.
>>
>>122499094
>actually getting mad
Calm yourself.
Provide intelligent replies and you'll get them.
>>
>>122499180
I'm this >>122499094 >>122497558 >>122496798 >>122496041 faggot.

Stop being a nigger and contriboot you fucking casul or continue eating your dicks.
>>
>>122497884
> The fact that she has two speeds, fast and way too fast so to speak
Okay I give up, it's pretty obvious you'll always think her normal panels are "too exaggerated" and that this is an "objective flaw". Trying to change your mind would be talking to a brick wall.
>>
>>122498606
>asking if you can steal ideas from some anonymous guy on an imageboard
If I cared, I wouldn't have posted here.
>>
>>122499476
It's out of courtesy, not fear that I asked.
>>
>>122492113
Lara's Hoodie a cute.
>>
File: 22.jpg (369 KB, 654x1024) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
369 KB, 654x1024
Since this thread's officially gone to shit, fuck it, continuing that M25YL storytime I started months and months ago.
>>
File: 1447686806564.jpg (342 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447686806564.jpg
342 KB, 1600x1200
Well?
>>
>>122499368
Skelly in general is exaggerated. At her lowest, she's still generally expressive. At her highest, she's fucking insane. She rides more often on the higher side than not and it gets stale. That's her flaw.
>Trying to change your mind would be talking to a brick wall
Yeah, I don't usually change my mind to believe idiocy over basic logic. Maybe if you had an actual reason for it not being a flaw, I'd have a reason to even consider it.
>>
File: 23.jpg (393 KB, 647x1024) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
393 KB, 647x1024
>>122499691
>>
File: 24.jpg (414 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
414 KB, 658x1024
>>122499870
>>
File: 25.jpg (413 KB, 648x1024) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
413 KB, 648x1024
>>122500070
>>
File: 26.jpg (393 KB, 650x1024) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
393 KB, 650x1024
>>122500236
Now I'm wondering if I should do the rest of this issue (Issue 134) after I'm done with this story
>>
>>122500445
Go ahead, even though I have no idea what the fuck is going on
>>
File: 27.jpg (367 KB, 656x1024) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
367 KB, 656x1024
>>122500445
And that ends this part of M25YL. All that happened was that the Brotherhood saw something. That's it. Isn't this a thrilling fucking story, and we haven't even the title character
>>122500552
Just know that none of the things that happen in M25YL are important. And I use the term "Happen" very fucking loosely, because nothing happens
>>
>There are literally niggas here that would argue Bates, Hesse or Skelly aren't stellar artists with their own noticeable faults.

You people are unreal.
>>
File: 02.jpg (445 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
445 KB, 658x1024
>>122500661
Now to start this issue proper. This issue introduces some questionable things to the comics, including
>Jon Gray's pencils (Good for off panels, not for serious comics)
>The Patch/Evil Antoine storyline (Was it intro'd this issue, I can barely remember, it becomes relevant here though)
>Ass the Mongoose
>>
File: 03.jpg (417 KB, 651x1024) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
417 KB, 651x1024
>>122500908
God I hate this fucking issue. It's up there with 150 and 155 as the worst issue in the comic, and 150 is up there for the Penders story, not even for Destiny
>>
>>122499691
>>122499870
>>122500070
>>122500236
6 Not Knuckles Echidnas in 4 pages
>>
File: 04.jpg (384 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
384 KB, 658x1024
>>122501112
>>
>>122499028
>Sonic having a pet dog was much weirder
How is it weird? What if Mobians are to Animals, as Humans are to Apes? It wouldn't exactly be weird to see a Mobian having a dog, cat, etc for a pet.
>>
>>122492309
Awe....
>>
File: 05.jpg (468 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
468 KB, 658x1024
>>122501296
>>
oh it's this issue bring me some booze before it happens
>>
>>122501496
>foot fetish paparazzi
>>
File: 06.jpg (374 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
374 KB, 658x1024
>>122501463
It's less because of that and more because he was the only character to have a pet like that
>>122501496

>>122501520
What you don't see if me gritting my goddamn teeth and pulling up my shipping folder to calm down so I can actually do this issue Yes I do ship them. Yes it is part of the reason I don't like this issue, but most of it comes down to everything else, mainly art, execution, and in retrospect, what Bollers was planning to do with what happened here
>>
File: 07.jpg (395 KB, 657x1024) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
395 KB, 657x1024
>>122501792
>>
>>122501991
Holy shit this art. Truly these were the Dark Ages
>>
File: 08.jpg (418 KB, 654x1024) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
418 KB, 654x1024
>>122501991
>>
>>122501792
>he was the only character to have a pet like that
The comics don't exactly delve into the lifestyles of every single Mobian family, so saying only Sonic has a pet is wrong. It's not even important either.
>>
>>122502170
Jon Gray's art was decent then too, and by the standards of old Archie he was one of the best.

I dunno why you'd think of that as an example of "horrible old Archie art" when there was so much Deviantart furry style-garbage.
>>
File: 09.jpg (417 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
417 KB, 658x1024
>>122502197

>>122502170
Poor Jon Gray. This was the first issue he did, and it was the one where shit got serious, so why give him this issue instead of a more light hearted one?
>>
File: 10.jpg (400 KB, 647x1024) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
400 KB, 647x1024
>>122502372
I guess I should say that he was the only character we saw that had a pet (That wasn't a chao). Better?
>>122502394
>>
>>122502394
Jon Gray was never a bad artist. He was alright then and he's alright now. Not Bates or Skelly-level, but his stuff only stands out because it's something stylized in a sea of issues drawn by mediocre capeshit artists who have no experience drawing cartoon animals.
>>
File: 1421275408285.png (277 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1421275408285.png
277 KB, 800x750
>>
>>122502373
That face in the middle left of the page wishes to speak with you.
>>
>>122502582
>a sea of issues drawn by mediocre capeshit artists who have no experience drawing cartoon animals.
This is about old Archie btw; it's relatively better now with Yardley being a regular artist. There's still the occasional 'bad furry art' chapter though.
>>
>>122502578
>Better.
I guess, I just don't see it as weird is all.
>>
File: 11.jpg (460 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
460 KB, 658x1024
>>122502578
Hi Tekno
>>122502582
It was never bad, it just didn't fit the issues he had to do (Whether it was this or stuff like RtAI)
>>122502727
>There's still the occasional 'bad furry art' chapter though.
I'd say the only reboot artist that really fell under that was Fry, and that's because he really hasn't improved that much since the 90's.
>>
>>122502681
I think you mean middle-right? The left one looks pretty normal, the right one is just pretty typical cartoon exaggeration (but old Archie basically never looked cartoony at this point)
>>
File: 1391314058687.png (106 KB, 301x275) Image search: [Google]
1391314058687.png
106 KB, 301x275
>>122502851

oh boy
>>
>>122502886
Right sorry. Tired as hell. So tired I can't tell left from right anymore apparently. Think I am going to sleep now
>>
File: 12.jpg (435 KB, 652x1024) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
435 KB, 652x1024
>>122502851
>>
>>122502851
Yeah I can see that, but I honestly never liked the drama in these comics; even as a kid it made me laugh. IMO bad drama with unfittingly funny art is better than bad drama with fittingly serious yet bad art.
>>
>>122502394
Not to mention being ordered to copy anime didn't help.
>>
File: 13.jpg (399 KB, 654x1024) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
399 KB, 654x1024
>>122503017
Say hello to Douche the Bag
>>122503037
Oh I agree, the drama in the Dark Ages was fucking shiiiiiiiiiiit (It caused me to stop my Dark Ages marathon around issue 105 because I couldn't take it anymore, it was so far up its own ass in dramatic bullshit with little to no levity). And as unfitting as it was, at least Gray's art provided for some amazing reaction images
>>
File: 15.jpg (467 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
467 KB, 658x1024
>>122503195
Page 14 was an ad
>>
>>122503017
>girls rule!!!!1
Who the fuck wrote this crap
>>
>>122503378
it was me sorry
>>
File: 16.jpg (404 KB, 651x1024) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
404 KB, 651x1024
>>122503364

>>122503378
Karl Bollers. This is the low point of his career (And yet he pumped out arguably his best story with RtAI only a few issues later so what the fuck)
>>
File: 1432597843300.png (1 MB, 711x1079) Image search: [Google]
1432597843300.png
1 MB, 711x1079
pls come back ;_;
>>
>>122489682
Never thought of that, that's pretty interesting...
>>
File: 17.jpg (418 KB, 654x1024) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
418 KB, 654x1024
>>122503556
Three
>>
File: 18.jpg (416 KB, 641x1024) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
416 KB, 641x1024
>>122503763
Two
>>
File: 19.jpg (390 KB, 645x1024) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
390 KB, 645x1024
>>122503942
One. Get ready everyone
>>
>>122504131
NO WAIT I AM NOT READY!
>>
File: 1435499531556.jpg (78 KB, 865x643) Image search: [Google]
1435499531556.jpg
78 KB, 865x643
>>122504131
>>
File: 20.jpg (446 KB, 652x1024) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
446 KB, 652x1024
>>122504131
AND THERE IT IS, the slap heard around the world. The moment that destroyed Sally and her reputation for years (And even then it still hasn't fully recovered.) The page that Jon Gray still apologizes for. The most notorious page in the entire comic, and arguably the true beginning of the worst part of the Dark Ages. It all goes to hell from here until 160.
>>122504264
TOO LATE
>>
File: 1411087512481.gif (444 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1411087512481.gif
444 KB, 200x150
>>122504287
WITNESSED
>>
File: 1447456981125.jpg (22 KB, 482x363) Image search: [Google]
1447456981125.jpg
22 KB, 482x363
>>122504287
NOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>122504287
Why did this have to happen?
>>
File: 21.jpg (387 KB, 655x1024) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
387 KB, 655x1024
>>122504287
And that ends one of the worst issues in the comic. Hope you "enjoyed" both this story and the M25YL part, and until next time the thread drowns in its own bullshit melodrama, I'm out. Have a great rest of your day
>>122504389
Because Bollers wanted to do 2 things
>Give Sally some character agency and breathing room
>Hook sonic up with Amy
Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://archive.sonichq.net/newsite/comics/kbsonicoverview.php
>>
>>122504287
D:
>>
File: 1437090416784.png (97 KB, 137x354) Image search: [Google]
1437090416784.png
97 KB, 137x354
>>122504287
>>
File: my body wasn't ready.gif (687 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
my body wasn't ready.gif
687 KB, 500x281
>>122504287
>>
>>122487009
What if Fang was voiced by Jim Cummings doing a Cajun accent?
>>
>>122504496
The problem is just going by this issue, Bollers seems like a fucking hack. Even if he did do that, it wouldn't have been well written all.
>>
>>122504496
>she will find herself stranded on a raft in the middle of the ocean with Sonic and the two will share a kiss; this will lead to a period of denial, but the two will eventually give in to their hormones; however, Amy and Sonic will try to keep their relationship a secret so Princess Sally doesn't find out
>>
>>122504823
The problem with Bollers is, he has some decent ideas, but he can't pull them off well. He has some decent stuff (And RtAI was actually pretty good all things considered), but it's overall mediocre at best and well, what you saw here at worst
>>
>>122504287
Jesus what a ride
>>
File: 1423044361384.jpg (116 KB, 518x396) Image search: [Google]
1423044361384.jpg
116 KB, 518x396
>>122504902
>the two will eventually give in to their hormones
>>
File: Oh mah stars.png (59 KB, 366x140) Image search: [Google]
Oh mah stars.png
59 KB, 366x140
>>122504496
>Mfw I just realized that the next issue reintroduces Tommy, only it's a duplicate so they go back later to get the real one
>>
File: GOTF 13-21.jpg (173 KB, 600x913) Image search: [Google]
GOTF 13-21.jpg
173 KB, 600x913
>>
>filter like two of the argument posts
>half the fucking thread disappears

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>122504712
I think I'd hate him even more
>>
File: What the.png (561 KB, 506x583) Image search: [Google]
What the.png
561 KB, 506x583
>>122504902
Mina The Mongoose - Sonic's Former Love Interest
During Sonic's absence, she became a famous pop singer who performs for the Acorn Royal Guard in order to boost their spirits in the war against Robotnik; Mina lives in Knothole City with her mother, Isabel, but is currently on tour; Ash the mongoose is her boyfriend and manager; Mina still holds deep feelings for Sonic, but her heart belongs to Ash; in the upcoming "Song Sung Blue" 2-parter, Robotnik dispatches updated versions of Heavy and Bomb to assassinate Mina because he allegedly hates her singing (the truth of the matter is that he can't stand being a closet Mina fan); Sally assigns Sonic to act as Mina's bodyguard, which Ash doesn't like at all; adding tension to the situation, is the fact that all of Mina's song lyrics appear to be (subconsciously) directed toward Sonic (hence the title)
>Bunnie realizes that running away isn't the answer-she has to stay and face her problems; it makes her realize that years ago, she ran away from home rather than deal with the problems there, and so she travels back to her hometown in "The Origin of Bunnie Rabbot," to confront her dark past; we will learn Bunnie's true name (Scarlett O'Hare and what happened to her parents
>Antoine is taken to the grotto and immerses himself in the Source at Max's behest; the Source offers him power beyond his imagining, enticing him by telling him that he can finally be respected by everyone and win back Bunnie; poor Antoine accepts the Sword's offer, is possessed by its will, and becomes a villain; the Source will refuse to release Antoine from its grip until Sally fully bonds with the Source and accepts the Sword as her own in "Ultimatum II"
>>
File: 1440980257807.png (143 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1440980257807.png
143 KB, 672x434
>>122483070
>>
>>122506351
>Robotnik dispatches updated versions of Heavy and Bomb to assassinate Mina because he allegedly hates her singing (the truth of the matter is that he can't stand being a closet Mina fan)

This some Boom shit.
>>
>>122506351
>the truth of the matter is that he can't stand being a closet Mina fan
God, what an idolfag.
>>
>>122506351
>vigorous_CLANG_session_is_interrupted.png
>>
>>122506702
>This some Boom shit.
I could totally see Boom Eggman liking her music (Or Justin Beaver)
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 936x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 936x376
Reposting in case the person who requested it didn't get a chance to see. And also because I'm bored at work
>>
So about them redesigns. Do you like them? I really detest Antonies new look. The chest straps look so dumb. I want a uniform back.
>>
>>122507391
I actually think if he had just the pauldron shoulder things but no shirt he'd look pretty cool? The x straps are a bit out there though.
>>
Sonic Adventure 2 is fucking bad. It's such a shame as I replayed it having fond memories, but, and I bet MANY people do this when they replay these games; I was just remembering the Sonic levels. Tails' levels are whatever, and Knuckles had his made so retarded when they were fine how they were in SA1 that I actually can't understand why they decided to do them this way.

At least Shadow is still kinda cool, and the Chao garden is definitely better. Should I try and get all the emblems? I can't remember if I ever did as a kid, but it seems fucking nightmarish.
>>
>>122507391
Yeah, I miss the jacket and Bunnie's one too, along with her hat. Nicole's purple dress I was fond off as well. But aside from that, I haven't got any complaints.
>>
File: 3d Sal.png (986 KB, 708x1336) Image search: [Google]
3d Sal.png
986 KB, 708x1336
>>122507391
>Like
Sally ( Probably my favorite Sally design), Bunnie (Miss the hat and jacket, but like the new limbs and ponytail. Especially the ponytail, it just works for her. )
>Indifferent
Antoine (Better hair, don't like the straps but they grew on me a bit, would prefer a uniform), Rotor (Used to hate it, but it again grew on me like most parts of the reboot)
Dislike
Nicole (I don't like the outfit. I really don't)
>>122507385
Thanks. I saw it last night but didn't get the chance to thank you
>>122507562
I'd say the opposite. Remove the shoulders and keep the rest of the uniform. Can someone here sketch both ideas? Because I'd like to see how they'd look
>>122507685
Don't bother getting the emblems, it's not worth it. As for SA2, while I do have fond memories of it and still deeply enjoy the game to this day, it's still very flawed.
>>
File: 1422126209802.png (640 KB, 1374x886) Image search: [Google]
1422126209802.png
640 KB, 1374x886
>>
>>122507685
No, I definitely like all three game modes to this day, and it's not because of rose colored glasses. Knuckles' levels in SA1 sucked, if you're having trouble in SA2 that's on you literally only excluding Mad Space and maybe Death Chamber if you're a little bitch.
>>
>>122507951
>if you're having trouble in SA2 that's on you literally only excluding Mad Space and maybe Death Chamber if you're a little bitch.
Don't forget the driving levels (Or specifically the Don't hit the Walls missions"
>>
>>122507852
I'd be okay with it if I didn't have to get A rank in each mission, it just feels tedious. Eurgh, I kinda wanna do it just to say I have, fulfil the dreams of a young me.

>>122507951
Knuckles' levels in SA1 are SO much better than SA2, yeah they re-use the same levels but at least I can get all 3 emerald pieces whenever I feel like it, why did they change that in SA2? I now have to backtrack because the game just wants me to, and it's random so getting an A rank is such a bitch for it.
>>
File: Slap edit.png (2 MB, 800x1256) Image search: [Google]
Slap edit.png
2 MB, 800x1256
>>122504287
Oh, silly me, I forgot the edit
>>
File: IMG_0837.jpg (51 KB, 467x349) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0837.jpg
51 KB, 467x349
>>122507685
If you think the game is "fucking bad", then don't play it.

As for me, I used to love it, but now my attitude is more mixed. I've come to the conclusion that it got rid of the shit mechanics (clumsy adventure fields, Amy's "stealth" gameplay and Big's FISHING), improved some other things (graphics, Chao, maybe the plot) but fucked up the good parts (Tails/Eggman took E-102's relatively smooth gameplay and slowed it to a crawl, Knuckles/Rouge's forced Emerald order, Sonic and Shadow's physics). Two baby steps forward, one big step back. There have been much worse games, though, sot it's not all bad.
>>
>>122508096
The driving levels are fine once you learn how to turn.

>>122508165
They changed it so your first trip through the levels wouldn't all have sub-1 minute times.

The SA1 knuckles stages were utter cock, but I'm not saying SA2's were perfect. The radar thing just doesn't really matter to me because the scoring is specifically tuned to the new setup.
>>
How's Sanic Generations hold up?
Considering getting a copy for muh triple.

Also, SeHa Girls platformer in the style of Sanic by Sonic Team when?
>>
>>122508398
>Amy's "stealth" gameplay and Big's FISHING
I feel like I'm the only person in the world who enjoyed those.
>>
>>122508578
>How's Sanic Generations hold up?
It's great, but get the PC version. It's the best version by far, and a lot of that is due to all the mods
>>
>>122508578
Kinda eh on its own, but mods add a lot. Then again, that's true for pretty much every video game ever.
>>
>>122508619
SEGA literally makes fishing arcade games and they couldn't get a competent system from one of those for Big?
>>
File: why am i here sting.png (69 KB, 298x295) Image search: [Google]
why am i here sting.png
69 KB, 298x295
>>122508619
What fucked-up bizzaro universe are you from, and can I go back with you?
>>
>>122494385
Jesus that fancomic Nicole is fucking scary
>>
>>122508398
Hyperbole because getting an A rank was annoying me, I basically agree with your opinion in reality. If you just play through the game, it's fine and fun, but getting the emblems seems to be where the games faults shine.

>>122508464
I'm gonna try to get A ranks on a Knuckles stage to see if I agree with you, but in the meantime, why do you think they were cock in SA1? You haven't actually explained why.
>>
>>122509095
Eh, fair enough. I never was anal-retentive enough to go for the emblems.
>>
>>122499870
>A pair of kids scared of getting caught making out!
>Is that the reason you kept your bionics?

Is Rotor implying that Knuckles has the bionic eye to watch kids making out?
>>
>>122509212
I would try to argue otherwise, but knowing how much of a creepy fuck is (Taking pics of underage girls at cons and then when told that costumes=/=consent, said that that's just something trolls made up to fuck with him)I wouldn't be surprised
>>
>>122509095
Short answer is the stages are too small and only barely designed for knuckles to romp around in.
>>
>>122500236
>I'm more concerned with her rodent son!

Knuckles the Asshole.
>>
Do you think Eggman installed an onahole feature on Metal Sonic?
>>
>>122508973
Says you. I find her incredibly cute.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 1152x694) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 1152x694
Super
>>
>>122510430
"Super" Amy looks more like something out of Madoka or an older Amy than an actual Super form
>>
>>122510487
Watch out. He'll get pissy if you question how that super form isn't actually a good super form.
>>
File: Your anus will be ruined.jpg (32 KB, 248x271) Image search: [Google]
Your anus will be ruined.jpg
32 KB, 248x271
Guess what's literally a few sentences short from being finished.

>mfw I feel it's too short but can't really think of too much else.
>mfw I used a lot of descriptions and ideas that I was gonna use for another tails fapfic.
Oh well.
Give me a reason why I shouldn't kek you all.
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 729x959) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 729x959
>>122510487
That's no coincidence. And yet I really like it anyway. The normal outfit one that is.

>>122510565
In quite a hurry to meme on me this time huh?
>>
File: 1445381978317.png (466 KB, 681x983) Image search: [Google]
1445381978317.png
466 KB, 681x983
>>122510430
Super
>>
>>122510430
So why can't Amy go super again?
>>
>>122510660
>In quite a hurry to meme on me this time huh?
I didn't know the truth was a meme. Last time someone called it stupid you guys shit up half a thread.
>>
>>122510762

brand
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1032x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1032x726
>>122510808
One of the "truths" bulletpoints for why it was bad was "her spikes got longer and she has red eyes, that's 'not how super forms work'." You must admit they were being a bit silly.

>>122510687
Do folks not mind non-gold supers?
>>
>>122510762
Because this isn't a Super form bargain sale.
>>
>>122510808
I still won't forget the faggots on here that legit think it'd be a good idea to give everyone a super form. I'd rather have no one get super forms at all than that.

Does no one learn from DBZ, Marvel or DC? You can't do shit like that without it being some ridiculous self parody.
>>
>>122511086
>You must admit they were being a bit silly
No shit. That's why I'm antagonizing the idiot that keeps posting it. It's like he's asking for a shitstorm.
>>
>>122510762
Because she's not a male hedgehog
>>122510621
>Give me a reason why I shouldn't kek you all.
Because if you don't you'll be a real human bean and based as fuck
>>122511086
I don't mind, as long as it looks good and actually looks like a super form was called bad)
>>122511160
You're right. It's a buy 2 get one free sale
>>122511250
For some people, the desire to power-level wank overrides any reasoning. I'm glad the Sonic universe is realtively low key in terms of power levels, so conflicts actually have a bit more tension and weight other than "Who can out bullshit each other more".
>>
>>122506351
>the truth of the matter is that he can't stand being a closet Mina fan
He only sorta liked her first album. He tried having her killed because he heard a song of hers on the radio, and it wouldn't get out of his head even after he banned her music in his own empire.
>>
>>122511429
Power levels don't mean shit when it comes to tension. It's all about relativity. If you have a guy that's super powerful fighting another guy is super powerful, the tension still exists.
>>
>>122511429
>I'm glad the Sonic universe is realtively low key in terms of power levels
If you're talking post-reboot, sure. If pre-reboot, then no since it contained omnipotent beings, and shit.
>>
>>122511612
>Power levels don't mean shit when it comes to tension. It's all about relativity. If you have a guy that's super powerful fighting another guy is super powerful, the tension still exists.
That is true, when done right. Often times, it's not, and it devolves into "My bullshit power is better than your bullshit power" Now again, even that can work when it doesn't become painfully predictable. And a lot of the time ,power level wank does fall into that category (DBZ, Naruto, what little I tolerated of Bleach, any given DC/Marvel event)
>>122511746
I meant more post-reboot, but yes, pre-reboot was crazy with its power levels, and I'm kind of glad they toned it down a lot (No Sonic, you can't fucking turn thrown sand into glass, it doesn't work that way)
>>
>>122511746
Even post-reboot, some characters are blatantly OP, like Mighty or Sonic, but they're limited one way or another. Sonic's cocky and likes to mess around and Mighty is dealing with internal control issues. Super Sonic is still unreasonably powerful, since he's taken down deities in the games.
>>122511852
Please don't lump DBZ with the likes of Naruto and Bleach in that regard. It's still a big step down from those.
>>
>>122512074
>Super Sonic is still unreasonably powerful
How so? I mean he does use 7 emeralds of infinite power to become Super, so it'd be odd if he wasn't OP.
>>
>>122512074
>Please don't lump DBZ with the likes of Naruto and Bleach in that regard. It's still a big step down from those.
And now I'm wondering if we have a Sonic version of the Madara copypasta
>>
So after a few months of silence, a shit ton of procrastination, 3 reworks and about a 10 minute long debate on whether I could do anything else to it I decided to say, "fuck it i'm posting it, if people like it and want more than I'll make another."

Here it is people: http://pastebin.com/JYFQHKMZ

Fap till your dick's content.

I still think it's too short.
>>
>>122512365
Light speed movement, high physical strength, access to high-level chaos abilities, and invulnerability. He's pretty broken in comparison to anything else in that universe, even pre-reboot.
>>122512398
I don't think we do. What would be in 3-page essay part of it?
>>
>>122512585
>He's pretty broken in comparison to anything else in that universe
Again, not seeing the problem when he uses 7 emeralds of INFINITE POWER.
>>
File: Solid.jpg (7 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
Solid.jpg
7 KB, 200x279
>>122512507
You are my fucking hero
>>
>>122512680
Well, they're not really infinite in the sense that they have infinite output but the length of time that they do output their level of energy is infinite. But for talk about power level wank, I'd assume that person wouldn't like Super Sonic with how broken he is. Or Hyper Sonic for how super broken he is.
>>
File: 1442532052784.jpg (37 KB, 383x565) Image search: [Google]
1442532052784.jpg
37 KB, 383x565
>>122512507
Never stop doing what you're doing.
>>
>>122505919
Ghost Sonic can take over bodies?
>>
File: image.png (498 KB, 399x730) Image search: [Google]
image.png
498 KB, 399x730
First sonic game you ever played?

What made you stay a sonic fan?

Do you like/dislike the comics?
>>
File: iizuka.png (28 KB, 249x375) Image search: [Google]
iizuka.png
28 KB, 249x375
>>122512850
Hyper Sonic isn't canon.
>>
File: 1395846714791.png (1 MB, 1412x1888) Image search: [Google]
1395846714791.png
1 MB, 1412x1888
>>122513154
Sonic 2 (on the Genesis, no less); Sonic 3; and I haven't read enough of them but the rebooted ones look pretty neat.
>>
>>122513154
>First sonic game you ever played?
Either Sonic 1, or 2 on the Sega Genesis when I was a few years old. Don't remember which one exactly.

>What made you stay a sonic fan?
The lovable characters, and all the cartoons, anime, games, and comics.

>Do you like/dislike the comics?
Like, if you ignore everything before issue 160.
>>
>>122513154
Sonic 2
Funnily enough, Shadow's game. It led me to play SA2 and along the way I heard about the comics around summer 2006, which coincidentally was around the time Ian had just taken over and it got me into comics which have kept me in the fanbase regardless of Sonic's questionable game quality levels at the time.
Love em. They're the only thing that has stayed at least good while the games took a nosedive, recovered, and slumped again.
>>
>literally having an autism general
>>
>>122512507
I am not kidding when I say that that's one of the best fapfics I've read (And I've read a good number) For the love of god, do more
>>122513154
SA2
Shadow took me out, Unleashed and Generations brought me back, and The Ride made me a hardcore fan (Well more hardcore than I was before, and I stay because I just love it all. Between the games, comics, and shows, there's nothing like it out there, and I love it to death
I fucking adore them. They're my favorite part of the franchise and my favorite comics out right now (I'd even argue that they got me to look into more comics). I love the worlds, the characters, the tones, it's all just a blast to read and experience (Especially with the latest issues. 278 and beyond has me incredibly excited).
>>122513573
First time finding this place I assume?
>>
I'm updating the Rouge image set with a bunch of pictures I think are well-drawn but weren't there but it's already above 200mb which means it won't fit into a mediafire. What do?
>>
>>122513573
How new?
>>
>>122513154
I think I played one of the classics, but not very much of it. The first game I got when I got interested in Sonic more was 06, and I hated it.

After hating 06, I gave Adventure a shot and enjoyed it and looked up the cartoons and comics and the other games available.

I very much enjoyed Ian's run of the pre-reboot, which is around where I started. I'm very meh on the reboot, though. I suppose, I just can't get past the losses or I just hate world building.
>>
File: 1289951843889.jpg (145 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1289951843889.jpg
145 KB, 480x640
>>122513728
Well I guess what I'm asking is "can I upload it to mega and if not, what other upload site should I use"
>>
>>122513573
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>122492897
>yesterday was the 10th Sonic Rush anniversary
The fuck am I doing I should be drawing something
>>
>>122514154
I had Rush Adventure on the DS, but I've never played the original. Maybe I'll download a DS emulator again and give it a whirl.
>>
>>122510621
>Tails fic
You wouldn't happen to be the guy that wrote that Tails/Honey fic some time ago, would you?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.