[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why a generic open world game is suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Can someone explain to me why a generic open world game is suddenly considered something revolutionary here?
>>
>>342110670
>>342110670
>>342110670
>>342110670
>>
>>342131553
Revolutionary by Zelda standards. Also it's far from generic, given that it's Zelda's first iteration in the genre and it utilizes mechanics from a lot of different game types that haven't necessarily been seen in open world games before.
>>
looks to me like it's the game that SotC wanted to avoid to be

not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that
>>
File: 1415497483126.gif (2 MB, 318x239) Image search: [Google]
1415497483126.gif
2 MB, 318x239
>God of War is similar to the Last of Us
>But fans are happy because everyone was getting tired of Hulk-Kratos killing big things all the time

>Resident Evil 7 is similar to other first person horror games
>But fans are excited because it can do some unexpected shit for the series and may actually be scary

>Legend of Zelda: BotW is similar to other open world rpgs
>But fans are exciting because the franchise has been stale AS FUCK and having so many mechanics instead of focusing on one gimmick makes it seem like Nintendo is actually putting some creative effort into a well loved ip

The context is that it's new to the franchise.
>>
>>342132089
Which mechanics? the open world ones, not the Zelda ones.
>>
>>342131553
Because from what I've seen, they're doing it right.

Open world was always a great concept done poorly.
>>
>>342131553
Because TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>342131553

Dragon's Dogma is an generic open world game not this
>>
>>342131553

Because zelda games are more like, puzzle/adventures.

they are full of unique tools and dungeons and charming characters, always fun!
>>
>>342133401
fuck off tripfag
>>
Whats generic about it?
>>
>>342133401

Aren't you that faggot that shows up to defend Witcher 3 in every thread?

You really shouldn't be accusing any other games of being "generic open world games" when you have such awful taste in them yourself.
>>
All they need now are towns/villages (which are confirmed, I think) with side quests on par with Xenoblade Chronicles X.
>>
>>342133930
NPCs are confirmed. Not villages or towns.
You have to find them and they are hidden.
Basically LoZ1 style shit.

Expect a "this is a secret to everyone" thing to happen.
>>
>>342134912
>Not villages or towns.

Fucking wrong. Trinen talked about towns during Treehouse. Towns have been officially confirmed.
>>
>>342135290
I didn't say they wouldn't be in the game. Just not confirmed. and this is news to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 479x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 479x240
Fellow BotWbros, it's time to start ignoring these threads and letting them die. The people that still "don't get it" are just attempting to slow the hype train. The game is going to be amazing.
>>
>>342135504
Bill said they made the E3 demo build without towns and NPCs because they didn't want any story details spoiled.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.