[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSP vs. DS Who won?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
PSP vs. DS
Who won?
>>
The DS
But the psp was pretty good
>>
>>337238405
Psp for homebrew, ds for everything else.
>>
Hacked PSP is the greatest console that ever lived
>>
>>337238405
The DS I mean the psp did had some good games but the DS Library was GOAT tier
>>
Both are best handhelds

If I had to pick one though it would be PSP
>>
>>337238609
Dunno why people keep saying this. I have a working 3ds, where are those amazing ds games with good gameplay? Because the most fun that I had with the system was playing chrono trigger and dragon quest.
>>
>>337238405
Everybody won.
PSP is still a great emulation and entertainment device. Has a fair share of good games, too.
The NDS has a perfect selection of unique games that took advantage of the hardware, plus nice homebrew.

The current handhelds tried to emulate this and failed. I miss being 26.
>>
>>337238405
Everybody.
Both are cool.
>>
>>337239016
because they actually know about the games
>>
>>337239016
it was pretty cool playing super mario 64 in 2004
>>
The original DS had a pretty shit library
>>
>>337238405
Okay so the DS might have sold millions of more units and had a far better library of games available to play on it making it almost rival the PS2, and UMDs might have been retarded, but the PSP had far better hardware so it was better in that regard.
>>
>>337239131
Then please go ahead and do tell me about those games that people know about and I ignore. If possible don't add VN stuff like AA and hotel dusk.
>>
File: 1364025641760.gif (361 KB, 174x172) Image search: [Google]
1364025641760.gif
361 KB, 174x172
>>337238405
>not both
>>
>>337238405
The PSP was a fucking good system with a bunch of great games and one of the best emulation machines out there.
The DS is the best dedicated videogame system after the SNES and PS2 though thanks to its incredible library, so that's unfair competition.

Last gen was amazing for handhelds.
>>
I tried playing on my psp again for the first time in like 6 years and it crippled my hands. what a piece of shit.

ds.destroyed the psp. imagine being sony and literally making the exact same mistake with the vita. lmao
>>
>>337238405
The consumer won since they got a lot of games to play
>>
>>337238405
DS obviously won. Retards going "oh but psp had my one anime titty game and emulates SNES" don't realize how much of an outlier demographic they are
>>
File: 1460987604169.jpg (24 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1460987604169.jpg
24 KB, 540x540
>>337239718
>>
>>337239016
Just naming the stuff I've actually played:

>Ghost Trick
>Rhythm Heaven
>Castlevania series
>Ace Attorney series
>Hotel Dusk and Another Code
>WarioWare Touched!
>Elite Beat Agents/Osu!
>The World Ends With You
>Pokemon HGSS and BW2
>Kirby Super Star Ultra
>Professor Layton series
>Advance Wars DS and DoR
>Henry Hatsworth
>Trauma Center
>Contra 4
>Mega Man ZX
>Mega Man Zero Collection
>Bowsers Inside Story
>Jump! Ultimate Stars
>A million Dragon Quest games
>Animal Crossing Wild World
>Radiant Historia
>Etrian Oddysey
>Rune Factory

The DS had a fantastic lineup with a lot of variety
>>
The DS by far. What games did the PSP have exactly? There are a small handful of good games. People always say that focusing on its shit library is missing the point because the thing that makes the PSP great is emulation and being able to play PS1 games, but it's not enough. Try some of the PSP's emulators. They're buggy and loads of games are unplayable. And enjoy playing PS1 games without a speedup function. Although to be fair just being able to play PS1 games on the go is the best thing the PSP had going for it even without it.

The DS on the other hand had a huge library with loads of classics. It also allowed you to play GB, NES and SNES games very reliably using a flashcart, and despite this being pay to pirate the flashcarts were/are very cheap and the resulting quality was much better. So even in the area the PSP was supposed to be superior in, the DS was actually equal if not better.

The most important thing though is definitely their individual libraries. The PSP's sucked, the DS's was one of the best of any console ever. Sony actually did better this time with the Vita because even though it's worse in terms of homebrew etc., it actually has a strong library of its own whereas the PSP didn't. But then unfortunately for Sony the 3DS is fully hacked AND has a big library of good games.
>>
>>337239320
um, sure.

Professor Layton
Devil Survivor
SMT SJ
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing
Advanced Wars dual strike
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Portrait of ruin
Phoenix wright
Several Pokemons
Rhythm heaven
Rune factory 1 + 2 + 3
Devil Survivor 2
Sonic Rush
The world ends with you
Ghost trick
Trace memory
Trauma Center
WarioWare
Color Cross
Pic Pic
Picross
Meteos
Contra 4
Mega man Star force series
Bowsers inside story
Kirby Canvas curve
3 other kirby games
Kingdom Hearts
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
GTA: Chinatown wars
Elite beat agents
Feel the magic
Several Etrian odyssey games
Advance wars days of ruin
Several dragon quest games

Ok my hands starting to hurt. Just google lists of recommended DS games
>>
>>337238405
DS
Though the PSP was a lot better in Japan
>>
>>337240531
PSP has some neat shit, though its definitely not as vast as the DS's lineup.

I've enjoyed my time with the Final Fantasy remakes, the Gradius/Parodius portable collections, Twinbee Portable, Loco Roco, Patapon, Lumines, Project Diva, Valkyrie Profile, Mega Man: Powered Up and Dracula X Chronicles.

It has a lot of ports but many of those ports are some of the definitive versions of those games.
>>
>>337240541
>GTA: Chinatown wars
Shh, somebody tell him.
>>
Both.

But I had WAY more fun with my NDS. I ran out fo games to play on PSP after 6 months or something. NDS served me well for 6 years or something.
>>
File: Idort.jpg (4 KB, 141x118) Image search: [Google]
Idort.jpg
4 KB, 141x118
I enjoyed both
>>
>>337240926

PSP unless you define victory by the most meaningless margin of all, popularity. Sony did the same thing to handhelds that they did to consoles; made a better platform for third parties, so almost everyone abandoned the ds. It's the same reason the vita is better than the 3ds despite being even less popular. Games > anything else
>>
File: 1441577170735.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441577170735.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>"The PSP is great!"
>Have to hack it and play non-PSP games.

Then you have delusional retards like >>337241365 who think Mario 64 and Zelda games are the only reason people play the DS.
>>
>>337241365
>made a better platform for third parties, so almost everyone abandoned the ds
This is an outright lie.
The DS was a much more popular third party platform than the PSP ever was.
>>
>>337240103
Here's my PSP games list:

>Daxter
>Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
>GTA: Story games
>Phantasy Star Portable 2
>All the Monster Hunter games
>Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions
>Patapon series
>Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Innocent Sin
>Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment
>Gods Eater Burst
>Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
>Tekken Dark Resurrection
>God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta
>LocoRoco 1 and 2
>Burnout Legends

The PSP was great.
>>
I liked both for different reasons.

The 3ds was the more casual of the two, not in the meme way. It was good for pick up and play games. Simple and fun. Good number of ganes to play with friends, also had the old GBA slot for them great games.

The psp, was amazing when hacked. By itself it was somewhat lackluster, but only plebs kept it like that. Havked it was a time eater of a handheld. It was also great for niche games, like jap stuff. Things like gundam, and other imports. It was a bit more of core gaming handheld. Great for long games and more serious stuff.
Bought a psp before my deployment, best money spent.
Blew hours playing Monster hunter when I was overseas and got 3 other people into it.

Great gaming.

Shame Sony was hell bent on fucking up the love I had for the psp.
>>
>>337241559
So? PSP is literally god-tier when it comes to emulation, homebrew etc.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.