[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, seriously guys I'm not memeing here. How do I solo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: pontiff Sulyvahn.jpg (50 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pontiff Sulyvahn.jpg
50 KB, 640x360
Okay, seriously guys I'm not memeing here. How do I solo him?

I can do fine in his first form but once he summons the stand I can do nothing but dodge. I've tried hugging his asshole and it didn't work.

Also, if anyone could give their input on which of his swords is better for a quality build that would be appreciated.
>>
I ran into the same problem. I just summoned the AI summon sign behind me so that he's distracted while I do damage.
>>
Pontiff thread already exists

>>336115842

You're not the only one sweating. Check that thread.
>>
His clone doesn't have a mind of its own, the original will copy whatever move the clone does so you should always be able to find openings since you know how the original will move. If you can solo through the first section of the fight you can definitely do the second.
>>
>>336148061
roll? i found his attacks easy to dodge. also keeping the fight close to the wall fucks him up.
>>
if you don't pre-emptively damage the stand while he's summoning it you're kind of fucked

if you do that though the second phase becomes a joke because he gives you way more estus opportunities
>>
I found the second part easier, you can predict everything off the ghost.
>>
>>336148061
With that Twin Dragon Greatshield it should be easy. whats the problem, just block, block, block...
>>
PARRY
>>
I had a lot of trouble with him at first OP. I beat him solo and the best strat I had that took 3 tries was to get him to the second phase and when he starts summoning his ghost go two hand with your weapon and fucking wail on him for like 5ish hits. He is very vulnerable and the ghost only takes like 6 hit to kill. I'm a faith build and my characters weapon is shit so if you have a few weapon it might even be easier.

Once he is done summoning, focus on the ghost he should only need a few hits. Now Pontiff is all alone again and is basically back to phase 1. Once you get a bit of distance from him he will begin summoning his ghost again and repeat that first paragraph.
>>
>>336148061
SOMEBODY POST THE COPYPASTA
>>
>>336148061
just kill the stand it dies in like 5 hits
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.