[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Trying to beat him without the cheap shield parry strategy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>Trying to beat him without the cheap shield parry strategy

HAVING A BLAST

T B H
B
H
>>
>Katana
>That mismatched armor
No wonder you're bad.
>>
That was a fun, but frustrating fight without parries
>>
>>336116323
that's obviously a screenshot from a video jesus christ
>>
>>336115842
Sully took me 3 goes
Decons took me 5
>>
i used most my flasks but beat him on my first try by not standing there getting hit

even when i watch youtube videos everyone just soaks up hits

GIT REACTION TIME
>>
Got him on my third try. I wish I was bad so I could experience the joy of a baddie when he kills a boss after 30 attempts.
>>
>>336116487
Dodgin his whole combo is like 5 roll-ups.

And the stamina for hitting him comes from where?
>>
literally beat him first try didnt parry at all. git gud
>>
I didn't know you can parry him and I was using the Greatsword.

Shit was awful, I could only get a single hit in before I had to start dancing again.

Him summoning his stand helped me out more just because it got him to stand still long enough for me to hit him along with it.
>>
>>336116606
GIT

MORE

STAMINA
>>
>Parrying
>Cheap
Parrying reliably means you got gud

If you're having such trouble, just snipe the fucker. Great Chaos Fire Orb fucks his shit and his stupid stand.
>>
I fucked him up with a zweihander. Didn't parry once, just rolled a shitton.
>>
>>336115842
I beat this guy with 12 vitality, only 8 estus and a +3 giant cleaver.
Reminder that if you pump health you're a fucking bitch.
>>
>>336116487

I beat him on my first try with 3 flasks left

went into the fight with a +7 refined longsword with 36 str 32 dex

he isnt hard at all if youre good at rolling
>>
>>336116656
Beat him last night using an UGS. Thankfully, I DID know you could parry. I ain't fuckin' with that.

There must be some crazy multiplier for boss parries, because he took like 3000 damage.
>>
>>336116606
this happens when you only lvl str and dex.
>>
I found a bonfire that is in the prisons when there is that retarded scream.

Should i go there or beat the son of a bitch from op pic first?
>>
>>336116742
>Only 8 estus
>>
>>336116762
yeah the i-frames really kill the difficulty in this game if youre not braindead
>>
File: 130123364454364.jpg (97 KB, 961x719) Image search: [Google]
130123364454364.jpg
97 KB, 961x719
>>336116656
>mfw on my very first time I slowly walked up to him as he was walking to me and reflex parried him when he charged, followed by 1/3 of his HP gone with greatsword riposte
I mean I still died like a bitch at least 15 times but it was fucking badass
>>
>>336116742
b-but im a vitgouge

now that i think about it im invincible
>>
>>336116762
>>336116889

ITT Put 50 points into endurance anjd call it a day
>>
>>336116852
depends on your build. Prisons leads to Yhorm (make sure you visit Siegward in the kitchen in Irithyll first!) while Pontiff leads to Aldritch. Both paths dead end there respectively. I'm going Yhorm first because I want the greatbow you get down there.
>>
>>336116852
Doesn't really matter. Although you might want to try Pontiff first since Yhorm is a breeze anyways. If you're getting frustrated by Pontiff go fuck up Yhorm for some confidence boost.
>>
>>336116976
I think I had at most 20 end the first time I fought Pontiff
>>
>>336116983
>make sure you visit Siegward in the kitchen in Irithyll first!

...Wait.

He wasn't there.
>>
>>336117083
You get his armour, toss it down the well at the Cleansing chapel?
>>
Lol i never knew this guy can be parried

But at this end I know every of his moves and how to punish them.
he's easier on solo than with another guy
>>
File: 1453325732937.png (185 KB, 455x445) Image search: [Google]
1453325732937.png
185 KB, 455x445
>People actually think Pontiff is hard
>People actually think Abyss Watchers are hard
>People actually think Nameless King is hard
>People actually think Soul of Cinder is hard

None of them are even on the level of Oreo & Smores, let ALONE some of the shit in the non-Dark "souls" games, like Orphan of Kos or the motherfucking Flamelurker.

Come to think of it, I fucking breezed through DS3. Sure felt like the easiest one in the series, I don't think any one boss took me more than 3 tries.
>>
>>336117083
Don't know if going that means you missed it but check the well outside the cleansing chapel bonfire
>>
>>336117159
Got the Platinum in BB (had to beat the defiled watchdog for it remember).

I Died like 10 times to abyss watchers and the cursed tree and i am stuck at Pontiff

:^)
>>
Sully is such a cool boss. He's a fucking Sith Lord who has a stand. How can you get any cooler than that?
>>
>>336115842
I didn't know you could parry him desu.
>>
>>336115842
>mfw beat him first try for me and my brother, since we coop
>>
>>336117219
The tree? Fucking hell.
>>
>>336117083
Okay, go back to the top floor in nthe cathedral. You'll find patches in Siegward's armor and a bridge that you never saw before. Obviously you have to fall for the trap. Then go back up like you were going to Rosaria's fingers and chat with patches on the other side to buy back Siggy's armor for ~30k souls.

Siegward is trapped in the well outside the cleansing chapel bonfire, give his armor to him then talk to him in Irithyll kitchen.
>>
>>336117159
I didn't have much trouble with Biggie Smalls or Fume K***ht but phase 2 of Abyss Watchers fucking murdered my asshole.
>>
>>336117159
Tbh the only thing that makes DaS en DaS2 bossfights are harder is the fact that it takes longer to sip estus which gets you rekt more than it should, bosses are easier to dodge/parry in 1 and 2 tho.
>>
>>336117294
Hitting his weak parts with a short sword was impossible
>>
>>336115842
>le tebeheich meme xD
Fuck off, scum. >>>/b/
>>
>>336117219

So did I, and I remember spending about 5x as long trying to kill Ebrietas, Orphan, and some of the fuckers in the chalice dungeons than I did anything in DS3.

Of course Ebbers is pretty easy now that the ALMIGHTY BLACKSKY EYE is a thing, but before the DLC she was a real bitch.

Just making one last victory lap now to finish up my plat for DS3 and apart from grinding out covenant shit, it was ezpz.
>>
>>336115842
I only had real troubles with Pontiff and two other bosses.
But once I had his moves and shit down, it felt really good killing him.
>>
>Beating Darth Pope with Caestus and no parrying

The most annoying part was the fact that his hurtbox does not interact well with the punch animation for R1's

Went with a dagger and parrying and it was much easier
>>
>>336117392
Abyss watchers are piss easy with a shield since their dagger attacks bounce off it and leave them with big opening.
>>
File: image.png (386 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
386 KB, 750x1334
>>336117464
How do you even get this shit finished, only trophies I have left but I seriously don't understand how people are even bothered to farm that shit.
>>
>>336117403

Nah. I play a lot of Monster Hunter too, trust me when I tell you I'm able to time my Estus usage with 100% perfection.

The bosses in DaS1 just had less obvious tells, I think. Shit was way less telegraphed so it was harder to get the patterns down.

DS2 just swarmed you with shitty adds and red phantoms. While incredibly lazy, this also definitely made it a lot harder.
>>
>>336117159
Maybe it's easier for you because you're a veteran of the series? Not to say I don't feel the same way, but once you've mastered the mechanics of the first, you can easily beat them all.
>>
>>336117694

Honestly? Autism. That and an extremely high tolerance for repetition.

Podcasts you can zone out to help also.
>>
>>336117159
>play the same game everytime
>wonder why it's getting easier
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x421
I'm already using sellsword twinblades, am I wasting my time grinding for Grave Warden Twinblades? Is there any major difference?
>>
File: danksouls.jpg (767 KB, 1229x819) Image search: [Google]
danksouls.jpg
767 KB, 1229x819
>>336117694
i did it today.
had to go to NG+++ because i didnt get yoels gesture.
also
>dat concord kept grind
3hrs of that shit. at least getting tongues/medals/vertebrae was fun. blood grass was a grind as well but got it in about an hour
>>
I struggled but one you've got circle strafe down he will literally rotate in spot waiting for you to hit him the you can just roll once or twice and repeat.

He's hard but I don't know why it's getting memed
>>
>>336117159
Pontiff alone is harder than O&S desu
>>
>>336116606
you only need 1 stam to swing a weapon. stam starts to regen after like a second. you also have items to increase recovery rate if you need em.

However if you need to roll for all 5 attacks rather then roll into a spot his attacks dont hit you deserve to have a hard time.
>>
My favorite boss in DS3, hands down.

Killed him with 5 or 6 attempts using my executioner's GS. Had a blast.
The arena, the music, the fight itself everything was great. I normally hate cloning mechanics on boss fights but this one was well executed.
>>
>>336117936

Maybe if you can't roll or parry for shit. I mean he's harder in the sense that there aren't any pillars for you to cheese him with, but in terms of actually fighting him? Much easier.
>>
File: 12936552.jpg (10 KB, 226x225) Image search: [Google]
12936552.jpg
10 KB, 226x225
>>336117159
>Nameless King
>Easier than O&S
>>
>>336117159
Flamelurker was easy, and also shit. Orphan of Kos is easy compared to nameless king, with the easy parry system and all.
>>
File: logarius_boss.png (371 KB, 441x496) Image search: [Google]
logarius_boss.png
371 KB, 441x496
>>336117936
You have to fight Pontiff the same way you fight Logarius, dodge and parry.
>>
>>336118094

It's because it takes him a while to actually summon it and he's vulnerable the entire time, and also the clone doesn't have an unreasonable amount of HP, so killing it is actually a viable option. Makes it feel fair instead of bullshitty. Good example of why people say the boss design is head and shoulders above DS2. It's not just "how can we make this as hard as possible," it's "how can we make this fun and challenging without the player feeling like the game is just being a dick."
>>
>>336118178

>OoK easier than NK

As someone who is almost at nameless King and beaten Orphan NG+, this concerns me
>>
>>336118143
Seriously people that think NK is literally impossible just need to git gud. I've been helping people out before I started NG+ and I think out of 30 times I was summoned, the host died 25 times because they failed to dodge time after time.

Also, fuck people that are hitting the dragons feet in phase 1, are you seriously stupid triggering the only hard to dodge attack?
>>
>>336118143
>>336118178

Nameless King is literally just solo Ornstein with 2-3x the amount of startup on all of his moves.

How does anyone think this is a hard boss. Seriously. He telegraphs his shit for like 2-3 entire seconds before actually swinging. Yeah the swing is fast, but he fucking sent you a letter in the mail 3 months ago telling you it was coming.
>>
>>336118283

You're fine. That guy is either trolling or somehow is unable to adjust his dodge timing to be much, much later. All of NK's attacks are telegraphed to FUCK.
>>
>>336118518
I think the problem is that NK
JUST
WON'T
STOP
ATTACKING

Really, though, the amount of breathing room on every boss in DaS3 seems to be tiny.
>>
Probably the best boss in the game. Just a fair fight that requires timing and skill.
>>
File: spiked_mace.png (16 KB, 195x269) Image search: [Google]
spiked_mace.png
16 KB, 195x269
>>336115842
Did it with the spiked mace and no parries. I think I was doing about 300 damage per hit.
>>
>>336118662
Not necsisarily true, he gives you plenty of time to heal if you get away from him a bit, but his combos just delete my stamina bar.
>>
Can you dual wield his swords like he did once you get them both?
>>
>>336118428
>telegraphs his shit for like 2-3 entire seconds before actually swinging

I don't know about anyone else, but that always confuses me more than if they just swing like a normal person would.
I always end up rolling too early, and it turns a lot of the boss strategies into an effort in trial-and-error, rather than being able to reflexively respond in the first encounter
>>
>>336117159
>I spammed r1 with a longsword through the game guys this is really easy lmao
>>
File: DanceWaterDance2.jpg (92 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
DanceWaterDance2.jpg
92 KB, 1024x1024
Lets face it.
There are bosses in other games you have died to more times than any dark souls boss.

Example pic related
>>
>>336118662
This is bullshit, you can easily get in a few swings after he finished his chain attack or his lunge. It's just the matter of him having a fair amount of HP which requires patience which a lot of people seem to lack, becoming to greedy and getting rekt.
>>
>>336116976
soft caps at 40
>>
File: 1458272067076.jpg (68 KB, 451x604) Image search: [Google]
1458272067076.jpg
68 KB, 451x604
>>336118428
>Gives you a split second to attack
>Using anything larger than a bastard sword will only get you one R1 worth of attack per 3-7 of his own attacks

It's not that his moves aren't manageable, it's the fact that if you mess up once you're going to be missing most of your health. Takes me like 9 minutes to take down his second phase due to how much hp he has.
>>
>>336118662

True, this might explain some of the discrepancies when people are discussing bosses. I just katanafagged it up. It might be hard to find an opportunity to hit some of these bosses if I insisted on using an UGS or something.
>>
File: Onin_game.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Onin_game.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336118827
not sure if it counts, but this is part had me more stuck than any souls game has
>>
>>336118812

Nope. Keep making excuses for your badness though.
>>
>>336118127
I could say that O&S are only harder if you're unable to handle more than one enemy at once. All of their attack are extremely slow and harmless if you actually keep track of them. I've never died to them since my first playthrough
>>
>>336116434
I got deacons on the first try and only used 2 estus
I dont understand why people had a hard time with them, theyre slow as fuck and only 3-4 cast spells at a time
Is it a meme? "Hurr deacons are hard"?
>>
>>336118854
>A couple of hits
Maybe with the fast knife and dagger weapons, but if you attack more than once he'll punish you for it.
>>
>>336118785
I just tanked all his hits with dragonslayer greatshield. Makes his second form a joke
>>
Since its in the OP got a question for DS1. How can I determine which enemies/bosses can be parried? Small/Large weapons? I imagine big enemies like taurus demon/gaping dragon etc can't be by logic but how about humanoids? Can the larger ones be parried? Also are some attacks not parry-able?
>>
>>336118959
shit I remember that was not easy. felt like when i pressed a button I had lag. Probs just me but the fuck man.
>>
>>336118428
>solo Ornstein
I usually kill him first, can take almost half his health if he does that running attack the moment you walk through the fog door
>>
>Fighting through bosses like a warm knife through butter
>Thinking DaS3 may be the easiest installment of the series
>Reach Pontiff Sillyman and get my ass reamed

Although after a couple more plays I found out he wasn't really that tough, didn't parry him either. I think him and Nameless King were the toughest fights in the game.
>>
>>336119073
*attack more than once with larger weapons
>>
>>336119063
Deacons took me 2 attempts, was low on estus and ended up getting stunlocked too hard and eventually just had to run away, then the curse started up and I just gave up. 2nd time I used 0 estus.

It's not hard, but if you're not expecting it or don't notice the red glow straight away it's more than reasonable to have trouble.
>>
Is it just me being familiar and experienced with the Souls games after playing them for years or are the bosses in DaS3 the easiest in the series? Pontif and Aldrich were the only fights that took me 5 tries. The rest I one or two shotted. Even in Bloodborne the bosses were a lot harder. Took me 3 days to kill Loran Darkbeast.
>>
>>336119221
Well that doesn't change my argument does it? It's not like one hit with a 2H is worse than a few hits with a dagger or straightsword.
>>
>>336119280
Yeah i can understand not being prepared for whatever, but ive legit seen people saying theyve died 9 or 10 times to them
Ive seen people saying theyre one of the harder bosses of the game
>>
>>336119290
Aldrich is pretty fucking easy. You only get killed if you walk into the rainstorm.

>>336119482
More like 4 hits with a one handed weapon, doing 2.5x damage of one attack with a large two handed weapon.
>>
>>336119169
Pretty much every humanoid, no bosses except the very last one, no ghosts, can't parry grabs or whips.
>>
>>336115842
I killed him on my second try. Just roll through his combos and get one or two hits on him. It's all about being patient.
>>
>>336119290
I kinda feel the same way. None of the bosses in DeS were particularly difficult, I beat Flamelurker and Allant on my first tries but got totally stuck at Maneaters for the longest time

DaS was the first one I actually beat the whole way through, so I can't say how difficult it really was since I wasn't used to the game.

DaS2 I unknowingly joined the Champion's Covenant and couldn't figure out why every enemy was destroying my ass, and then after that I never cared to really play through it solo again.

BB honestly had some of the toughest fights, especially in the god damn chalice dungeons where everything's ramped up just to kick your ass even harder, and then there's the DLC.
>>
>>336119063
>>336119280
>>336119552

I wasn't baiting, I had to google it. I thought I noticed the glow on multiple enemies so ignored it and damage seamed purely RNG, then it gets to the curse attacks and it would insta kill me and all the notes on the ground said use item so I thought it was some meme item gimmick fight, trying and search for items to use.

Sully you learn to dodge roll and not get too greedy then in his final phase just wail on him. its easy.
>>
>>336117083
Then you're fucked. If you entered the prison or walked past the kitchen your quest is kill.

Well you can still get a slab but that's it
>>
Hardest boss is the dancer. She's such a bitch.
>>
>>336119687
Good fight too except for that broken grab attack hit box.
>>
>>336119570
Shit man, not even Capra Demon? Already beat him, too scared to try but I thought he'd be if I wanted to do it.

Also can I parry any type of attack from parry-able enemies? For example I fought that guard you encounter with the weird mace when you use the master key and go down some stairs, the one who gives the ring that increases equip load. Some attacks that had a big windup would OHKO me so I had to evade, if I tried parrying these kinds would it work?

Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>336119567
That's rubbish, I've seen people absolutely obliterate him with a 2H, whereas 1H'ers a having more of a boxing match with the occasional jab.
>>
>wow guys this game is so easy i cleared all boss first try :p
why does this shit need to be in every souls thread, we get it, you're good, shut the fuck up
>>
>>336118930
It's just a matter of knowing when he's actually done with a combo. He cannot follow certain animations up, while other attacks can continue and he will choose whether or not to do so based on whether or not you've hit a button. I've seen him literally twitch out transitioning into another attack after pressing R1. This is why people think he never stops attacking.

Ironically the biggest danger for ultra weapons is their hyperarmor. A normal person hits R1 when the boss can continue a string, gets knocked out of their attack and recovers. The ultra-weapon trades eating a hit, then can't recover before the 2nd hit comes in. If you trade, the ultra weapon is guaranteed to take 1 more hit from a combo than a normal weapon would, and usually that results in guaranteed death.

Meanwhile if you spot his actual enders, stuff like his weapon hitting the ground, you basically can't get hit even using the slowest of weapons.
>>
>die to Crystal Sage 7 times
>die to Cursed Greatwood 3 times
>die to Abyss Watchers 10 times
>Wolnir first try
>Pontif first try
>Aldrich first try
>Dancer first try

What is it about these games that makes the bosses so subjectively difficult?
>>
He's not that bad. I had a hard time with him on my first run, but my second run where I leveled nothing but damage stats he died very quickly. If you're having a hard time dealing enough damage, you can always make progress through Irithyll Dungeon for Souls.
>>
It amuses me that people bring up DeS and DaS bosses in these discussions still.

The bosses in those games are so much less mechanically complex, and a lot less challenging than DaS3 and BB bosses it's ridiculous.

There was a comment about nameless king telegraphing, perhaps they should actually go back to see ornstein and smough, because the telegraphing in that fight was fucking ridiculous, the only boss that doesn't telegraph massively is gwyn.

Look at the four kings swings, ornstein and smoughs charges, manus's literaly 5-6 second cry before he unleashes his "woah so crazy" 5 hit combo, a combo people actually though noteworthy at one point.

I'm not saying that the bosses in DaS1 are bad bosses mind, rather that they are just so much easier than how dark souls 3 approaches both it's encounter and boss design.
>>
>>336120059
you can't let your health carry you earlygame
>>
>>336120059
Playstyle. You have a strange mix of bosses tho, what build/weapons?
>>
>>336120059
It's mostly RNG, sometimes bosses spam nothing but their most powerful moves or you get caught off guard by a weird hitbox.
>>
>>336120142
I've got 18 Vig at SL 85.
>>
>Roll into him
>Never get hit
>Kill with single r1s between focused rolling over a small period of time
this game is fucking easy
if you died to pontiff you are a fucking pleb
>>
>>336120197
Mainly str/dex, some end, barely any vig, refined battle axe.
>>
File: 1460252686256.png (218 KB, 800x590) Image search: [Google]
1460252686256.png
218 KB, 800x590
>"HOW can you die to NK, his attacks are HELLA telegraphed"
>"Dancer and Sulyvhan are much harder"
I don't think anyone in these threads actually know what telegraphed means
>>
Took me around 10 times to kill him in my first playthrough, NG+ i used a shield and I 1 shot him.

Is this what shield fags enjoy? It really ruins the fight tbqh.
>>
>>336119643
Youre just an idiot
>noticed the glow and ignored it
Didnt even TRY to see if it was something special
It was
>>
>>336120339
That doesn't make much sense in relation to your list then. Maybe you're just bad at bosses that require you to actually focus on other things besides the boss as well.
>>
>>336117159
>Boss X is easy.
You would think veterans would restrict themselves when they know the core mechanics so well, instead of building a safe quality/ claymore build and breeze through the game. It's only as hard as you make it out to be.
>>
>>336117270
>using mfw without a face
>cooping your first playthrough
I wish I could hate you to bald.
>>
>>336115842
Beat him first try my first playthrough and on my SL 20 character beat him on 3rd attempt.

I think the problem is that a bunch of new casuals are playing Das3. Basically poser meme shitters that follow e celebs and are 13 years old.
>>
File: real nigga.jpg (58 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
real nigga.jpg
58 KB, 400x292
>get him to 10% on first try ever without having full estus
>spend the next hour trying to kill him while having the shortcut unlocked and full estus
I even had that with the nameless king and oceiros.
What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
Dancer was harder for me (second stage mainly)

Pontiff has easy to roll attacks, and he's far more predictable.
>>
>>336121117
What's the problem with coop on the first playthrough?
Not that I do it, I'm genuinely interested in your answer.
>>
>>336116983

>met him in the kitchen
>released him from jail cell
>questline dead because I killed pontiff already
>no based onion man armour

why must this always happen with souls games?
>>
>>336122514
Because you're missing out on muh experience.
>>
>>336122427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlHmCpnJIU
>>
>>336122427

I had the same thing with Nameless King. First three tries I always got him down to 10-30% health but after that I just started doing worse everytime until I gave up.
>>
>>336115842
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_APDdiqPH4

If you are having trouble with the fight op, perhaps you should check out an instructional video I have made.
>>
File: (WAKE ME UP).png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
(WAKE ME UP).png
789 KB, 1280x720
>>336115842
>my face I parried Gundyr out of frustration
>>
>>336116742
>reminder that if you play how you want to play youre a bitch

such is the souls community, so nice of them
>>
Pontiff was seriously actually pretty easy.
He killed me a few times but then I put on my heaviest armor and shield and just blocked every attack and only fatrolled if I didn't have enough stamina to block. Almost no damage went through the shield for everything he did.
Dancer, I stripped naked and put on the milkring for super rolls. Got caught by her grab a few times, but then that was pretty easy too.
>>
>>336117159
>People actually think Soul of Cinder is hard

He's fun as fuck. I'm playing him over and over helping people.
>>
>>336122514
absolutely nothing

>>336123538
people like you are cancer to video games
>>
>STEP 1
TWO HAND A BIG FUCKING SWORD

>STEP 2
HIT HIM A LOT BUT SAVE STAMINA FOR 2-3 ROLLS

>STEP 3
HIT HIM HARDER UNTIL HE ENTERS SECOND PHASE

>STEP 4
USE A GREEN BLOSSOM

>STEP 5
SAVE ALL YOUR STAMINA FOR THE MOMENT HE CREATES A COPY, HE'S INCAPACITATED FOR LIKE 5 FUCKING SECONDS

>STEP 6
KILL THE COPY WHILE IT'S DOING NOTHING, STANDING INSIDE THE BOSS, YOU'LL DO DAMAGE TO BOTH

>STEP 7
KILL THE FUCKING BOSS GOD DAMNIT IT'S EASY
>>
>>336122514
>>336124356
Coop makes everything in the game ridiculously easy. You can literally sit back and throw summons at the entire game and not have to do anything.
Some people like the sense of accomplishment of figuring out a boss and taking it down solo.
>>
>>336124356
I was quoting other anons but ok
>>
>>336124356
Why is that cancer? It is a different experience.
>>
File: frowny face.jpg (39 KB, 536x248) Image search: [Google]
frowny face.jpg
39 KB, 536x248
>>336117159
All the bosses are difficult for me because I'm getting older and my reaction time isn't what it used to be. It took me 30 minutes to defeat the tutorial boss on a new character yesterday.

It's kind of nice because everything is a challenge, but it also sucks because I'm aware of why it is. Maybe in a few years I'll forget why everything is so hard to do.
>>
File: 20160413205551_1.jpg (239 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20160413205551_1.jpg
239 KB, 1366x768
>>336124637
Aggressively two-handing big fucking swords is the real way to play. Good on you anon.
>>
File: image_8.jpg (280 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
280 KB, 800x1200
>mfw stuck at the Princes

Out of embers too, fuck this.
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, sweet Bowie
>>
>>336124896
goodnight sweat princee
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, Sweet prince
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, Sweet Prince
>>
>>336115842
Don't fall for the "parrying is cheap" meme. If you have the balls to try it, you are a he-man beefcake pussy destroyer.
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, Sweet Prince
>>
>>336124896
GOODNIGHT, SWEET PRINCE
>>
pontiff eye from vordt makes deacons a bigger joke than what they already are
some bosses are so weak to bleed it isnt even funny
using farron meme sword vs pontif will make him a joke because L1 will make most of his attacks miss you
aldrich is so fucking weak to fire that you can kill him before he can even go into phase two
>>
>>336124896
Sleep tight, Pizza
>>
>>336117694
Get on my level. Put on a video or movie and there you go.
>>
File: 1455839192674.jpg (39 KB, 397x303) Image search: [Google]
1455839192674.jpg
39 KB, 397x303
>Play game on NG
>Die about ten times total to all the bosses, dying three times to the Lothric Twins
>Get to NG+, die about five times total to bosses
>SL1 run, die twenty times
>Start new character, complete game without dying

This game is easy as shit.
>>
>>336119848
Ah, you mean Havel. Yep, all his attacks are parryable, to the point that if you get the timing down he becomes trivial.
>>
File: aadbe.png (54 KB, 784x237) Image search: [Google]
aadbe.png
54 KB, 784x237
>>336126491
omw be there soon
>>
>using a game mechanic that requires reasonably good timing, and patience to pull off is cheap

Yup sounds about right.

If you used weapons to be Pontiff you're a casual scrub

T B H
B
H
>>
Just summon 2 geeks and get if over faggot. If you care so much about muh "hardcore gaymer" status then stay here jerking off with the rest of these losers.
>>
>>336117159
Ornstein and Smough are the biggest fucking meme bosses in the history of the souls series
>>
Abyss Watchers was harder.
>>
>>336117464
I never beat Ebrietas, I always got clipped somehow by the charge move which 1shot me.
>>
>>336127252
They're literally a dumbed down version of the Maria fight in Bloodborne. If you hit the boss it will stagger, there's not much else to do.
>>
>>336127527
I was using a lucerne until Aldrich. Halberds in DS3 have UGS tier swing speed, GS tier stamina usage, and straight sword tier damage and poise damage. So after roll recovery I'd get one shot in, maybe two if I had enough stamina for another swing.
>>
>>336127527
I'm doing a dagger run and they don't give a shit about staggers, they just attack through my attacks. Doesn't help the dagger does fuck all damage. Can't even get enough attacks in to bleed
>>
>>336127886
That weapon art some of the daggers have is really good for backstabs though
>>
>it was so easy i just had 40 stamina so i could roll all day
>i was hitting the boss for 500damage per hit because i had 40/40 str/dex
>btw i had 27 vit to make sure i fit in with reddit meta

yeah no doubt pontiff is easy if you're hugely overlevelled
>>
>>336115842
How the fuck could anyone have problems with this boss. Just stay close and spin all the fucking time
>>
>get summoned to fight Aldrich with host
>he gets hit for 487 damage
>he only has a sliver of health left
>dies to the shitty environment fire

What are you nohealth-fags trying to prove
>>
>>336124896
GOODNIGHT, SWEET PRINCE
>>
>>336129082
Vigor is literally worthless. But it also seems like he had no Vitality.

Fashion Souls is dumb as fuck for PvE.
>>
File: 1343691597433.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1343691597433.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>shield up
>circle strafe and hug the boss
>it whiffs
>hit it
>repeat

Literally all I did in all 3 DaS game. How is any of this shit hard?
>>
File: 1447891158517.jpg (9 KB, 200x155) Image search: [Google]
1447891158517.jpg
9 KB, 200x155
>>336115842
>hiting my head against the wall is the fan way
nigger
>>
>>336118206
yeah only the ds3 character has a shield which makes it way easier
>>
You can parry the Pontiff?

It took me a couple times to see his moves but like 3rd try he was donzo. Just roll, take a hit when he's done and watch how he swings. That fire sword starts up high and left so you can avoid it if you get right under it's start.

I wasn't that great until I managed to be Lord of Cinder solo by ditching my shield. That took a fuck load of tries but after that in NG+ I was unstoppable.
>>
>>336128154
>not leveling up endurance first thing

Stamina is pretty important dude, yeah? Surely you weren't leveling up health first?
>>
>>336116323
what's wrong with that
>>
>>336122514
Enemies only focus on 1 player at a time which makes it very easy
>>
>>336115842
You can parry him?
>>
>>336124685
>sense of accomplishment of figuring out a boss and taking it down solo
Love this feeling. I got it so hard when I managed to beat the Lord of Cinder solo. Haven't felt that playing video games in a while.

I don't judge if people use summons because playing with friends is always fun, but I always advise people to try the final boss solo.
>>
Quick, list bosses you beat on the first try:
Bordt
Tree
Wolnir
Crystal Sage
Deacons
Aldrich
>>
>>336115842
Just roll into him?
>katana
Oh, nevermind, commit sudoku
>>
Hey, let's make a suspicious-sounding Covenant, so that I can get all up in the Abyss' asshole!
>>
>>336124864

>r1 spammers aren't playing the game right
>r2 spam a giant sword is fine
>>
>>336115842
I beat him first try on my second playthrough t b h after struggling the most with him on my first.
>>
>>336135490
Iudex
Vordt
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Abyss Watchers
Deacons
Wolnir
Old Demon King
Dancer (accidentally started it with no Estus too kek)
Oceiros
Soul of Cinder
>>
I beat him in 3 tries with my +7 raw Uchi not realizing that raw weapons don't scale with stats. I always went with bleed or lightning in past games so I had no idea. I feel like a moron. I probably am a moron. Hopefully I can beat Armour with this knowledge because he's been stomping my ass into oblivion. Got him down to 1/3 of his health before the fire got me.

If I have 30 dex, what kind of damage increase can I expect going from a raw uchi to a normal uchi? Will I have higher damage if I infuse it? I'm going to stop at 40 dex and put more points into faith for buffs.
>>
>>336135490
Iudex
Vordt
Deacons
Old Demon King
Dancer
Ocerios
The CHAMP
Dragonslayer Armour
>>
>>336115842
I did with Greatsword two hands lvl 35

why people are scared of 2 phase? the shadow help you to know the next move
>>
File: the gangs all here.gif (856 KB, 550x365) Image search: [Google]
the gangs all here.gif
856 KB, 550x365
>>336124896
GOODNIGHT, SWEET PRINCE
>>
>>336115842
There's actually an extremely complicated and obscure way to make him miss constantly and give you tons of openings. It works like this:
>circle strafe to the right
>>
File: immunity cat.jpg (128 KB, 345x1280) Image search: [Google]
immunity cat.jpg
128 KB, 345x1280
>>336124896
goodnight, sweet prince
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, sweet prince
>>
all your base are belong to my dick which likes other mens assholes
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight sweet prince
>>
File: bloodborne sip.png (225 KB, 1305x908) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne sip.png
225 KB, 1305x908
>>336117159
>Orphan is hard meme
lel
>>
File: accept.jpg (20 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
accept.jpg
20 KB, 184x184
>>336117159
epic bait, so many replies. 10/10

congratulations my man
>>
>>336124896
I found the princes really easy.
Though I had came off nameless king and the champ so I may have been over-prepared.
>>336135080
exactly.
I co-op'd everything til Aldritch then decided I'd force myself to solo.
Had so much fun as a result; died a ton but got gud enough to take down the princes 1st time and soul of cinder in 5 tries.
>>
>>336117657
>X was easy
>because I used Y
>I don't get it, could it be that people who don't use Y exist?
>>
File: f.jpg (31 KB, 680x287) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
31 KB, 680x287
>>336117159
I promise I'm not this guy samefagging, but Orphan of Kos is actually the only BB boss I've gotten stuck on. Still on my first play through (started recently), and I still haven't beaten him.

First phase is pretty easy but goddam his second phase just has random follow-ups after his attacks sometimes, after i roll through the first hit.
>>
>>336116401
This is why people who parry should state that they parried up front

in DaS3 in terms of easymodeness:
parrying > rolling > blocking

inb4 someone says blocking is the easiest

Not when some infinite stamina boss starts wailing into your shield, unless you have a shitload of END and a high stability shield (which will probably be heavy as fuck which might force you to level VIT) you will either not have enough stamina left after blocking to attack or you'll stagger and not recover in time to attack anyway
>>
File: guts.jpg (207 KB, 800x1206) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
207 KB, 800x1206
>>336115842
I've beaten every boss And numerous Dark Sword/Estoc shitters with no shield and a UGS.
Git gud or git better stats.
>>
>>336127527
Maria was easier to dodge. Fighting more than one Watcher at once and the having enough stamina to both attack and dodge during the second phase made the fight harder.
>>
>>336143203
Good luck with Nameless King, the only battle where blocking is essential to not go insane.
>>
>>336144461
I beat him without blocking, I only used my glass shield for the regen
I tried blocking with a greatshield but I got rekt
Pretty much every boss fight in DaS3 is me trying to block, realize it's not worth it and rolling to victory eventually
>>
>>336118428
He does much more damage that Ornstein, has more move, and the stage disorients you completely.

Don't forget that he has alot of health and you have to go through first stage again every time you die. He isnct isn't hard per-se, Gundyr is much more brutal, but having to go through the first stage everytime is very tedious and nerve-wrecking, by the time yo get another go at his second form you lose the will to keep going.
>>
>>336144461
Lol wut
I beat him without a shield at all.
Only took 4 tries.
>>
>>336118709
Muh nigga
>>
>>336144875
nameless king dissolves in the face of the Dragonslayer Greatshield
>>
>>336115842
>cheap shield parry
What?
Parrying is now cheap?
>>
>>336124896
good night sweet prince
>>
File: 1454091294481.gif (1 MB, 212x212) Image search: [Google]
1454091294481.gif
1 MB, 212x212
>>336122427
Fucking this.
>reach a boss for the first time
>beaten up, almost no estus
>"well since we're here at least lets give it a try to see some patterns"
>down to 5%
>somehow ded
>next attempts can't get it to under 50%
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, sweet Prince.
>>
>>336115842
I beat him with only rolling, since i only used grass crest shield on my back but i agree that some of his combos take a lot of fucking rolls.

I never really used shields for defense in Dark Souls, is it really that easy? I've invaded a few people using Greatshields and it was impossible for me to break their guard even with Knightslayer/Horsehoof
>>
>>336116434
Deacons are not even hard. I've yet to die from any boss in NG. I just hugged Gundyr, Vordt, and Cursed Scrotum tree's faces for maximum lulz. They are all easy and not even remotely as challenging as the bosses from DaS and DaSII. The crystal sage and deacons are quite laughable.
>>
File: 1461444548874.png (212 KB, 800x561) Image search: [Google]
1461444548874.png
212 KB, 800x561
>>336148034
Greatshields trivialize almost all bosses. You literally just hold down L1 no damage comes through and you will have more stamina left after they're done with their combo than if you rolled it.
>>
>>336116976
Nigga I could roll through an entire dancer combo with 20 something end.
>>
>Die to Pontiff abut 5 times
>Beat Dancer first try
>Friend beats Pontiff first try
>Took him 7 tries to beat Dancer

How do people have such different boss experiences, it's nuts.
>>
>>336148249
Are you retarded?
>>
>>336148249
>beat first boss first try on my first character
>on my second it takes me at least 5 tries
>>
>>336117159
>O&S
It's just 2 extremely mediocre bosses cramped in one room.
In fact, they are so mediocre that they copypasted the presumably harder boss into the second game with no changes in terms of moveset and it was still piss easy.
Here is your (You) and kill yourself.
>>336148249
People get lucky AI patterns/find different things to be difficult. Shit's nothing new.
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, sweet Prince
>>
File: smug monkey.jpg (12 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
smug monkey.jpg
12 KB, 400x225
>>336115842
>beat pontiff in a few tries, didn't parry
>beat champion gundyr first try, didn't parry

Going through Archdragon Peak, I wonder how many attempts it'll take for me to beat the next "SO HARD /V/ IT TOOK MY LIKE FIFTY TRIES!" boss.
>>
>>336148853
Why can't people just stop with this "souls games need to be so hard, i need to die 50 times per boss" shit

Is that really all the games are about for you retards? Being able to say you're a """""hardcore""""" gamer because you beat X boss in X tries?

I feel fucking sorry for Miyazaki, i hope he really will drop souls completely because quite frankly i've had enough of this boring community
>>
>>336148853
Sometimes I just get lucky and beat a boss in one attempt.

Other times That boss takes me many tries out the ass. I beat Pontiff Sulyvahn, Dragonslayer Armor, Dancer and Ocieros in one attempt on first try, but then other characters I shit the bed and it takes me several attempts.
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, sweet prince
>>
>>336116401
>frustrating fight without parries
The i-frames you get from rolls are forgiving
>>
>>336124896
GOODNIGHT, SWEET PRINCE
>>
File: It Only Took Twenty Tries.jpg (278 KB, 1915x1079) Image search: [Google]
It Only Took Twenty Tries.jpg
278 KB, 1915x1079
I died
>10+ to Abyss Watchers
>20+ to Pontiff
>7 or 8ish to Champion Gundyr
>20+ to Nameless King
>10+ to Twin Princes

And I'm not ashamed. I know I'm not a great player but I did them all solo as a Sorc build with a rapier and while I had a parrying shield I did not parry because I suck ballsack at it. I had no blocking shield.

It feels good, familia.
>>
Is it just me or does the pvp suck ass in dark souls 3.
Every player is a generic sword and shield scrub who mashes R1, I've never had a good match. You can literally roll and roll and roll directly next to them and never get hit. That being said i'm a mage who's naked except for big dick logan's hat and crystal homing + spear combo is an instant 1HKO no matter how much hp you have. Currently invading in the area below anor londo and on a 50+ win streak. Wish there was more to fight then generic sword and shield guys.
>>
>>336149682
Dark Souls isn't about being le epic hardcore gamer anyways.
I fucking hate the elitist mentality of all these retards nowadays.
>>
>>336124896
goodnight, sweet prince
>>
>>336149682
>>336150217
you are my pals, lets go bowling or some shit
>>
File: fresh_prince_header.jpg (236 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
fresh_prince_header.jpg
236 KB, 600x416
>>336124896
Goodnight, sweet Pince
>>
File: 1345434442220.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1345434442220.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>beat pontiff in 4 tries
>Vordt took me over an hour
>>
>>336117871
Holy shit that looks nice.What is your gear?
>>
File: 1402596840138.jpg (80 KB, 422x600) Image search: [Google]
1402596840138.jpg
80 KB, 422x600
Pontiff isn't tough, but the camera is garbage.

That's literally 100% of the challenge in that fight.
>>
File: angry chinaman.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
angry chinaman.gif
3 MB, 350x263
>hardon for FAI builds for whatever reason
>first character on every game always FAI based
>DaS3
>miracle bitch leaves for no (at the time) discernible reason so not that many miracles until later on, and they still kinda suck
>weapon damage starts off as shit
>gets a bit better with blessed infusion
>should have gone raw instead, but okay
>finally get lightning infusion
>now THIS is pod racing, hey maybe this isn't so bad after all
>mfw dragonslayer armor and nameless king 99.99% lightning resist

Shit was intense, had to beat those two fuckers with chipping damage from raw weapons/sacred oath, if only I had blessed weapon as well thing might have been more tolerable.
>>
>>336151084
Can you post your build? I was thinking about making a faith build
>>
File: 1461453896830.jpg (63 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
1461453896830.jpg
63 KB, 400x312
>get lazy and summon for O&S first run
>spend seven hours fighting O&S second run
>mfw pleb
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight, sweet prince
>>
>>336151084
>no discernable reason

Irina leaves if you buy any dark miracles from her, just so you know.

You can force the books for them on Karla though. I feel bad for her, she's a sorcerer and here I am shoving Miracle and Pyromancy books in her face.
>>
File: 1405550866822.png (237 KB, 778x530) Image search: [Google]
1405550866822.png
237 KB, 778x530
>two tries on lord of cinder.
>First time I get him to like 10% health on his second stage.
>Assume that he has three stages and try to use my estus instead of just killing him.
>Die
>Second go I kill his second stage.
>He dies and stays dead.
>MFW
>>
How the fuck is anyone supposed to SL1 this guy?
>>
>>336124896
Goodnight sweet prince
>>
>>336143203
And rolling is still the most fun one. Especially if you go full bloodborne with Quickstep weapon art, shame all the Quickstep weapons suck ass
>>
>>336117159

bloodborne is easier than DS3
>>
>>336117159
>flamelurker is hard
He's easier than anything in DS3 except for deacons and crystal sage, nice try though
>>
>>336117805

not even.

pvping is fun farming for the covenant spells, otherwise get a list guide and you'll find everything else you need in under 30 minutes

the only boring achievement to get is the all rings achievement
>>
>>336150764
i may be wrong but the helmet is from the favor set and the chest piece is from the mad phantom npc that invades you in undead settlement
>>
>>336115842
I beat him using a Zweihander.

In fact I'm beating the entire game using nothing but the Zweihander and some manly looking armor outfits that stay below 50% equip load for my first run.
>>
>>336118143
nameless king was much easier than O&S from what i remember, neither were as hard as artorias or manus though
>>
>>336131856

yeah only the BB character has a long range parry which makes it way easier

>>336118283

I had a harder time with OoK than NK
>>
File: 1406329748264.jpg (45 KB, 348x400) Image search: [Google]
1406329748264.jpg
45 KB, 348x400
>mfw I solo'ed Pontiff on a throwaway attempt when I switched to a shittier shield in an attempt to learn how to parry

Still don't know how to parry though. I actually never learned to properly do that in any of the games.
>>
I beat him with 13 vigor and 13 stamina unembered solo.

Couldn't use a shield because he'd stunlock me.
>>
>>336151351
Jesus what's wrong with you? I mean it was acceptable to get stuck on them several years ago but come on it's
>current year
Just don't be greedy for fucks sake, it's not even hard, just dodge their attacks and wait for a clear opening.
>>
>>336131856
Shields suck shit in DaS3
>>
I've noticed that he's extremely easy if you keep him around the stairs. Most of his attacks go right over your head that way.
>>
Pontiff was easy and I purposely stopped leveling at 40 before I even got to Irithyll. I beat him my 3rd try when I realized most of his attacks swing over your head when you just hug him the entire fight.

Abyss Watchers were the hardest fight in the game for me for some reason, maybe I was under-leveled but they pushed my shit in
>>
File: 20b877fe3e.png (38 KB, 469x389) Image search: [Google]
20b877fe3e.png
38 KB, 469x389
>>336151340
Late reply, sorry.
Pic as base, pump more stats as your desired level cap allows for.

>Weapons
Lightning Astora GS (vs cumstains) and Raw Astora SS (enchanted with lightning/blessed vs bosses) .
Saint Talisman for casting.
Have a bow/xbow around just in case, as always.

>Armor/Shield
Whatever you're comfortable with. I usually just go full fashion, with no shield most of the time, except maybe a buckler for parrying.
If they ever fix poise somehow I might reconsider, though.

>Rings
Lightning Clutch, Stoneplate (to negate damage penalty, can ignore if gud enough) and whatever when using AGS, plus Lingering Dragoncrest and Pontiff Right Eye when using ASS/enchants.

>Spells
Sacred Oath and either Lightning or Blessed Weapon.

Last time I tried damage miracles sucked ass, but I heard they improved with last patch? if so, maybe those two miracle boosting rings might be an option to throw some lightning bolts around, you might need a few more ATT points too.

I'm pretty damn sure this can be improved mind you, but AGS is a fucking beast on itself, with that S scaling when lightning infused.
I have little PvP experience, but the few times I engaged AGS did great with that weapon skill.

>>336151628
Yeah I know that, now.
Kind of a bullshit move for people who blind run.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.