[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else wish there was another game like Far Cry 2 set i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: far cry 2.jpg (431 KB, 1280x785) Image search: [Google]
far cry 2.jpg
431 KB, 1280x785
Anyone else wish there was another game like Far Cry 2 set in Africa. I wouldn't mind a HD remake because damn that game was so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NInYTkAbr1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUB4TpDUtOU
>>
>mfw going full Rhodesian with a FAL
>>
>>321143021
The game design of respawning outposts was annoying as fuck
>>
>>321147817
Pretty much this. Constantly dealing with gun jamming, respawning, the pill shit, and diamond hunting all the time is really boring.
>>
>>321147817
Yeah but theres a mod for that I only wish I could run it on my toaster

>>321147951
I enjoyed most of them things and they didn't bother me much.
>>
>>321146701
>left handed weapons
>>
Did people honestly like far cry 2? Literally on of the most boring games i've ever played. Everything about it was mediocre or worse. Don't even get me started on the respawning enemy checkpoints
>>
>>321148745
The svd is right handed anon.
>>
so did anyone here like far cry 4? I've only played 4 so far.
>>
>>321149824
Put on your glasses and look at OP's pic.
>>
>>321148768
And that's your opinion and that's cool anon but me personally I love it, I loved practically every minute of it. The weapons, the atmosphere, the environments the driving around the empty yet vast map it was sort of how I imagined Africa to be just with a shit ton more checkpoints

>>321151547
Not played it yet but I loved 3 so probably would like it
>>
>>321151856
I keep hearing that 4 is just a copy of 3 but i really don't care. I just wish pagan min was more present in the game.
>>
>>321148745
go to school
>>
>>321147817
Meh, it fit with the theme. In a warzone there is always going to be tons of checkpoints. The whole game went through a lot of clever design, effort and writing to disempower you as a player.

Whereas in a normal FPS, like STALKER, things usually go your way, mostly due to skill. Sure you might die a few times and reload, but ultimately nothing stops you from ripping the zone to shreds as according to your plan. All of your bad luck is expressed through pre-gameplay cut aways in the very beginning.

In Far Cry 2, you don't get that option. You drop in, knowing that the country is a hellhole. You arrive in a state of very wary peace. That's okay, you have a plan. Oh wait, now you are sick with a debilitating disease. Also the guy you were sent to kill just broke the fragile cease fire to stop you from killing him. So now shit has gone from bad to worse and you are now stuck in a literal warzone. As in "Beasts of No Nation" warzone, with constant open fighting and flashpoint engagements EVERYWHERE.

So you run some black ops for the local warlords to try and find the shithead who started this mess, having to hack your way through checkpoints and patrols. But you are just one man, you aren't capable of taking back this country. Kill 5 men in an ambush? There are hundreds of thousands to take their place.

No, you need to keep moving. If you stop, you die. Plain and simple.

The only way the game could have been made better would be the inclusion of an actual dynamic world, a la Dwarf Fortress. With actual patrols moving between locations, constantly being tracked and spawned by the game. So in the case of clearing an outpost:
>Outposts do radio checks which are tracked by a CENTCOMM AI for both factions
>If a outpost fails a radio check, nearby outposts dispatch guntrucks to it to check it out
>Simultaneously, a new set of guards is spawned at the nearest city and sent to travel to the outpost
That would make the game an easy 10/10.
>>
>>321153198
>If a outpost fails a radio check, nearby outposts dispatch guntrucks to it to check it out

they should've done this in MGSV, which, oddly had similar design - though the backup MGSV provided was laughably pathetic.

>O GOD OUR BASE IS UNDER ATTACK SEND REINFORCEMENTS
>OMG UNDERSTOOD WE'RE ON OUR WAY!!
>2-3 footsoldiers come strolling in the scene confused

clearing a base would be much more exhilarating as you're on a tight deadline.
Although you might hold off the backup by clearing a base stealthily and shooting the radioguy last
>>
>>321146701
I fucking LOVED Far Cry 2.

Beat the game like 5 times.
>>
File: image.gif (173 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
173 KB, 600x630
malaria fucking sucked though...

who thought that was a good idea?

but other than that, yeah, the game was fun
>>
>>321155247
I honestly liked it

not sure why so many people hate it, as it made the game more unpredictable

yeah, it could fuck you over easily, but it could also account for one of the best warstories one could have in the game during frantic firefights, provided you survive the ordeal - which the odds are made higher because of the buddy checkpoint system
>>
File: 1439080532719.png (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1439080532719.png
12 KB, 300x300
look at the scope
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.