[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Citrus worth reading? I've seen mixed reviews, and was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Citrus_Volume_1_front_cover.jpg (88 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
Citrus_Volume_1_front_cover.jpg
88 KB, 352x500
Is Citrus worth reading? I've seen mixed reviews, and was wondering about /u/'s opinion.
>>
>>2026871

Use the catalogue
>>
>>2026871
Its not bad. I like it but its very cliched. I can't give to much of a better opinion other its fun and stupid.
>>
>>2026871
No, now go away.
>>
Super cliche and horribly written. The art is good, story is constantly forced angst for nothing and weak. Plus barely any actual smut besides holding hands and kissing but you don't see anything beyond that and probably won't. Harumin is gold. Mei is pretty, but pretty boring.
>>
>>2026871
It's entertaining enough and the art is good. Definitely worth reading, but don't expect to be blown away.
>>
>>2026871
The artist should just team up with some great yuri author to make a golden series. It's something the yuri genre needs.
>>
File: yuri.png (211 KB, 535x295) Image search: [Google]
yuri.png
211 KB, 535x295
It's shit, but between chapters I forget exactly why, then I read it again and remember. But it delivers a little and I'm thirsty, so I get what I deserve.
>>
>>2026871
If you've finished reading every other translated yuri series, then go ahead. Though I have and I still don't have time for it.
>>
>>2026871
See>>2011337
>>
>>2026871
Saburouta is a great artist and that's the appeal is her art, however, Citrus is not revolutionary for the yuri genre.

The story is melodramatic in the egregious way, the characters are cliche, and the plots can verge on genericness, i.e., Matsuri blackmailing Mei, Yuzu being a typical loudmouth Gyaru, Mei never revealing how she feel often causing friction between her and Yuzu. It's insufferably frustrating to read sometimes.

Harumin is the only reason I am sticking with Citrus, at least her interactions with Matsuri and Himeko are far better interesting than Mei and Yuzu.
>>
>>2026917
Basically.

I don't think any of the characters are super interesting, but any angst and drama baits me pretty hard so I read it.
>>
>>2026871
No.
>>
>>2026871
It's sort of a gateway Yuri series. It's incredibly cliche and generic, but not in a way that someone new to the genre would understand.

If you're new to yuri, then go for it. Otherwise, it's not really worth your time.
>>
Give it a shot, it's not like it's the end of the world if you end up not enjoying it. It's one of the most popular yuri series right now so obviously plenty of people find something to like about it despite what the detractors say.
>>
File: Some_db176f_5844295.jpg (802 KB, 900x5940) Image search: [Google]
Some_db176f_5844295.jpg
802 KB, 900x5940
>>2026871
It's pretty good not life changing but it's good.
>>
Yuri soap opera essentially. Art is really good, but that's about it.
>>
>>2026871
First volume is kind of good though. At the end of chapter when yuzu drove mei on bike, it got a feeling of youth, good future development
>>
For me is one of the best things we had in the last years, of course there's a lot of drama, but the art is great and the story is ok
>>
Don't listen to these bitter assholes. Citrus is just fine. Is it amazing? No, but neither is it terrible. It's fun and entertaining as long as you don't take it seriously and realize the melodrama is self-aware.
>>
its heaven on earth
>>
The artwork is beautiful. In fact, i think Mei is the most beautiful character i've seen
>>
>>2032229

The close ups are great and Mei is stunning, but the overall art for the series can be all over the place at times. Especially when it comes to background and perspectives.
>>
>>2026871
It helps to pass the time.
>>
>>2032234
Wut? Citrus Art is its best feature, and it's very good in general too.
>>
>>2033528
Giraffe necks
>>
The storyline are not so much but still..looking at mei made my day
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.