[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"my watch has ended" can we all agfree this was th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 8
File: end.jpg (207 KB, 1734x926) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
207 KB, 1734x926
"my watch has ended"
can we all agfree this was the best scene this season sor far?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrReQNA7Wk
>>
i really like that jon looks like jon, and his death dont change to much
>>
>>69300366
>Dolorous Edd is now Lord Commander

Thats all great and everything but is he really the best pick. Jon just gave him the cloak which im pretty sure is not how Lord Commander elections work. Nobody wants Edd as LC. Is Jon trying to get him killed?
>>
>>69300366
"le my le watch is ended XD". Such a reddit-tier scene, proves that hack and hack can't write and are incapable of subtlety
>>
It felt and sounded like a dubbed over afterthought
>>
>>69300567
there's literally no-one else alive to fill his boots though.
>>
Is it true that the white walkers are going to kill the whole night watch by the end of the season?
>>
>>69300812

Yes, probably half of Westeros too
>>
>>69300907

Dut Edd ; _ ;
>>
>>69300567
Yeah, what happened to the vote that got Jon into place.

Why do they not bother with that anymore. Is it because only mostly young people are left and they don't care for tradition.
>>
>>69300636
>I am Darkstar and I am of le night
>>
>>69300366
more like best scene in the show haha
>>
>>69300366
My only question is where is Jon going? After Hardhome, wouldn't he try to stop the whitewalkers at any cost? Where is he going? Why isn't he staying on the Wall?
>>
>>69301364
to give the D to Melisandre his new buffer waifu I hope
>>
>>69301364

He'll try to destroy the Bolton then unite the north to fight against the White Walkers.
>>
>>69301364
Remove the Boltons and rally the north to fight against the whitewalkers
>>
>>69301364
Don't bother making sense of this meme, hack, /v/eddit, fedoracore show
>>
>>69300567
What, you gonna vote for some scrub nobody?
Every good man the Watch had was killed between season 1 and now. Jon was the last one. Well, Thorne was but he fucked up and stabbed first, asked questions later.
Nah, Ed was the only choice. Next best thing to Jon, to be honest.
>>
>Davos, the magic hater who tried to kill Melisandre during his first appearance, who barely knew Jon Snow, begged Melisandre to resurrect Jon Snow
>Jon, who was taught by Ned to be honorable and to behead a man yourself when you pass judgement, decided to hang the men and then desert the Night's Watch

just fuck my character development up
>>
>>69301364
Smash the Boltons and reunite the surviving Starks. A girl must decide who she is, he's probably going to nut all inside of Sansa, Rickon will die somehow, and Bran is still crippled.
And in the end, it's just a song of ice and fire: HBO's Game of Thrones Juego de Tronos David and Dabid Picture Show for men and boys and mostly femfamfans.
>>
>>69301976

Are you alright dude?
>>
>>69301923
>>Jon, who was taught by Ned to be honorable and to behead a man yourself when you pass judgement, decided to hang the men and then desert the Night's Watch
>just fuck my character development up
Turn out Ned wasn't as honorable... oh wait, they actually show it in the same fucking episode. Holy shit, if you go too contrarian you become reddit. It's a circle, guys it's already time to not throw shit at GoT.
>>
>>69301923
Ned taught him "if you execute a man you do it yourself and you watch them die" and that's what Jon did.

Jon's watch ended when he died.
>>
>>69300366
>at last, my watch has ended and I will walk into the Winds of Winter

really?? jesus christ
>>
File: 1459589254563.jpg (198 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1459589254563.jpg
198 KB, 960x1280
This makes zero sense.

Why would he leave the night's watch now, when the most important thing in the world is the fight against the white walkers?

>le epic oath loophole

Yes, he died and is free from his oath. So what? Nothing changes. He faced a much more tempting loophole with Stannis offering him the titles of Lord of Winterfell as Jon Stark, and refused. At a time when the Boltons had taken Winterfell.

This is really, REALLY out of character of him.
>>
>>69300567
Who says they won't go with tradition? Jon's word doesn't mean everything when he leaves They could just as well vote afterwards, because maybe he doesn't want to be the commander. Don't make these assumptions like some fucking retard without knowing how it ends.
>>
>>69301364

He's going to steal book Stannis's gig and march on Winterfell with wildings.
>>
>>69301923

>Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come

Technically not a deserter because his death meant he was now free of the oath.
>>
>>69302938
The nigga just came back from the dead, I'm sure his outlook on life has changed a bit.
>>
>>69302938
He's not quitting the war. The Night's Watch can't win the war on it's own, and no one is going to believe him no matter how many ravens he sends out. If he stays at Castle Black, the status quo will stay the same. He has to risk the unknown because any alternative is better than certain defeat.
>>
>>69302938
They address it in the episode. He tried to do what he thought was right, and nothing worked. He's already given his life to the Night's Watch, and the Red God has shown him that it was all for not.

>This is really, REALLY out of character of him.
Which is really REALLY in-character for GRRM. He has said in the past, presumably alluding to Jon Snow's resurrection, that being brought back it not as simple as waking up and getting dressed again. It has changed his character, permanently. His death was literal AND figurative because it was to show us that things could never be the same again.
>>
>>69300366
>"my watch has ended"

We all knew this was how he would get out of the watch but I wonder what will happen next. The Wildlings will follow Jon but if even the Umbers have turned to the Boltons the rest of the North won't follow a wildling king
>>
>Olly down

High Septon Bernie when?
>>
>>69302399
>Turn out Ned wasn't as honorable

No, fuck that. "He stabbed him in the back!" Yeah it was a fucking battle they weren't fencing. Do any of you actually have a problem with this? I have no idea why Bran was saying "But my father defeated him" in the book Ned said that he would have died if it weren't for Howland Reed
>>
>>69300567
At this point the Nights Watch is less than 50 men (-4 who just got hanged and a few killed by the wildlings in e2), so yeah, he might be the best choice.
>>
>>69303825
>>Turn out Ned wasn't as honorable

Besides that, it wasn't Ned who did the stabbing.
>>
>>69303707
Jon will ally with Littlefinger and his Vale troops and defeat the Boltons and the others.
>>
Cleganebowl or basterdbowl, which is more hype?
>>
>>69304083
Oh, Jon that's not a good idea...
>>
>>69303683

>Kill the boy, and the let the man be born

Aemon's advice ended up a little more literal than he presumably intended...
>>
>>69304167
Bastardbowl, daah..
>>
>>69300366
Fuck no

>>69304209
>>
>>69300366
3 episodes in, and we already have a good set up for the rest of the season
>Jon is free from the Night's Watch because he died, has the favor of the Wildlings, and will probably try to recover Winterfell, with Davos at his side to avenge Stannis
>Tommen will probably be killed or kidnaped by the religious faggots
>Robert Strong sonfirmed as Gregor Clegaien, so Clegainebowl
>Pirates at war
>Tyrion and Varys

But you also have weak shit, like:
>Mother of burgers doing nothing (again)
>Arya doing nothing (again)
>>
>>69304250
*It was really fucking satisfying to see that little bitch olly get roped though. I hated that little faggot. Reminds me of UK anons.
>>
>>69304186
No, but it will happen. Sansa will convince him that Littlefinger is a good guy.
>>
>>69301364
>Kill Boltons
>Cnquer the north as the new King in the North
>Kill Lannisters and become King of Westeros
>Marry Danny to get dragons
>Then kill the Lich King
>>
>>69304304

Jon will be gone by the time Sansa arrives even though it is next episode
>>
>>69300366
Well maybe we can agree but at this point you might as well say "can we all agree this was the shit scene that smelt the least bad this season so far"
>>
>>69304456
Jon walks south. Sansa walks north... how many roads do you think there are leading to/from castle black
>>
>>69304290

why did they bother to give him a new name if they're just gonna call him gregor again
>>
>>69304422
There must always be a lich king
>>
>>69304514

How many times have Starks narrowly missed each other now?
>>
>>69304522

In the book they all pretend he's a new knight they found. In the show everybody is just OK with the queen walking around with an undead abomination
>>
>>69301976
My sides
>>
>>69304290
Aside from the usual /tv/ spergings you bring up some valid points especially.
>Mother of burgers doing nothing (again)
FUCK THE BURGER QUEEN.
Her entire story line has been shit and has been going nowhere every scene that isn't in Westeros is mostly shit and so incredibly boring, unrewarding and hard to watch through; how the fuck is this resolved in the books because it sure as fuck is painful to watch.

I think arya her training has at least been resolved to some extent and I hope that they are going to make her relevant again, the blind girl training bits should have just started off with a montage right away or kept it more engaging.
>>
>>69300366
Castle Black is the only good thing in the last two season m8.
>>
>>69300366
>Killing children
>Outrightbaming lord commanders instead of letting them vote
The prince that was promised, guys.

I look forward to Edd dying alone at the Wall.
>>
>>69304290
Oh, I forgot
>Strong, independant spanish womyn who don't need no men who don't have any kind of military experience are going to war aganst the lanniesters
>>
File: 1457455510119.png (16 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
1457455510119.png
16 KB, 174x231
Night's King = Lich King

>Lives in a perpetually frozen landscape in a massive icy citadel
>Has necromantic and ice-based powers
>Turns mortals into his mind-controlled subjects easily
>Nevertheless, it is believed he may have been a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot, though Old Nan claims to know a version of the tale where he was actually a Stark, brother to the King-in-the-North, named Bran.
>If he was a Stark, he'd be A PRINCE

>Jon (Bolvar Fordragon) becomes the leader of the northern troops with uncertain allies (The Horde)
>Gets betrayed by a splinter faction (Varimathras' Forsaken)
>Thought dead

>Bran (Darion Mograine) becomes an uber-warg (Death Knight powers)
>Stannis, thought dead but actually in exile, (Tirion Fordring) gains Lightbringer (Ashbringer)
>Has to team up with bran and his questionable power in defiance of his own religion.
>Stannis slays the Night's King (ICE AND FIRE)
>Suddenly Jon Snow appears, alive but not quite the same
>THERE MUST ALWAYS BE
>A NIGHT'S KING

WARCRAFTBOWL FUCKING CONFIRMED.
>>
>>69304966
I agree. I seriously only watched the last season because of it. And I'm glad it was the main focus of the season too.
>>
>>69304673
Except for Qyburn.
>>
no, it was a cringeworthy scene
>>
>>69305055
>Implying that the Great Other isn't the Dar One
>>
>>69303683

In the books, when Cat came back as Stoneheart, she changed so much that you couldn't even consider her the same character. That I can understand.

But how much you want to bet that Jon will be EXACTLY the same and it was all just an excuse from the show writers to take him out of the Night's Watch?
>>
https://a.pomf.cat/fpqdgo.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/eqknsk.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/zlotcf.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/xnjiai.webm
>>
so the umbers are actualy joining the boltons, there wont be any backstabing, rickon is there against his will, they killed his fucking wolf.
>>
>>69304632
often enough for it to get really annoying if the miss each other fucking again
>>
>>69305273
The head of the wolf looks pretty small though.

Theory: Ramsey gets killed by a direwolf.
>>
File: hangman.jpg (23 KB, 452x445) Image search: [Google]
hangman.jpg
23 KB, 452x445
>>69305141
>>
>>69302938
"I didn't quit on the NW, the NW quit on me" ~Jon 'Emo' Snuh
>>
>>69305283
3 starks in the north now.
>one in winterfell
>one going from winterfell to the wall
>one going from the wall to winterfell

Starks have been set up as the underdogs every since neds head got chopped of.
>>
there really lacks something in most of the scenes / arcs. I only find arya's arc somewhat enjoyable. Not that Jon's arc isn't interesting on paper, but it feels like they're just trying to get it out of the way for the more interesting part. Only problem with that is that there's only 12 episodes a season. Jon's awakening was just awkward, it should have been a very powerful moment but for obvious pacing reasons they couldn't spend too much time on it.
>>
>>69305349
>>
>>69305216
Is stoneheart even in the fucking show??? Will she ever be?
>>
>>69304290
agreed, the seasons settling into place really nicely
>>
>>69302938
Before this episode
>Being brought back from the death has had inconsistent consequences but one thing that has always stayed true is that the character changes from the experience

After this episode
>Why is John doing this it is really out of character

kek
>>
>>69302399
Wtf? Because he killed a man that was dying?
Because he killed someone in a fight to death trying to rescue his kidnaped sister?
What part of that isn't honorable?
>>
>>69306170
and you know why? because /tv/ is shit with shit taste, just like /a/ is shit when it comes to anime, just like /mu/ is shit when it comes to music, you can't honestly think you can go on 4chan and expect unironic opinions, and anything other than shit.
At least we know 4chan deliberately tries to be shit, which is still better than trying hard to not be shit like reddit.
>>
>>69306170

I'm sorry, when Beric Dondarion was ressurected (multiple times), did he just FUCKING LEAVE the brotherhood Without Banners with no apparent motivation?

That he should change, I agree, but it has to make sense, it has to be consistent, it needs proper motivation.
>>
>>69306444

You are trying too hard to defend such shit writing...
>>
i wish jon came back a bit darker

he still had that little puppet eyes when killing the traitors
>>
>>69306479
>I want to find Uncle Benjen
>I want to leave to find my sisters
>I want to leave to kill Theon for killing my brothers
>I want to join Robb

Jon has actively wanted to GTFO since forever. Now his watch is ended, and he is free to go sodomize whores in Oldtown if that's what he wants.
>>
>>69300567
The Night's Watch has like 50 men tops, and all but a small handful were totally fine with letting the last guy get away with straight up murder of their leader.

The remaining watchmen are mostly just sheep sticking around because they have nowhere else to go. They'll go along with anything. Edd isn't a great leader, but he's not a shifty backstabber or a total fuckup, which is good enough.
>>
>>69305216
Stoneheart watched her son get murdered in front of her, got her throat cut, and was thrown in a river for a few days. She was already rotting when she was brought back. She woke up a decaying corpse without a throat. Jon got stabbed a few times and was brought back soon after. There's a huge difference between Stoneheart and Jon here.
>>
when was the last time sansa bled?
>>
>>69307156
>I want this
>I want that
>but I'm not going anywhere because there is a bigger cause to fight and I have witnessed it with my own eyes

Jon is the biggest moralfag of the books, he has nowhere to go and nothing to do that is more important than his crusade againt white walkers.

>b-but muh Stoneheart

Catelyn literally went crazy with greef, rage and hate. The only thing left for her, in her mind, is vengeance. Not exactly a 1 to 1 comparison.
>>
>>69307480
>Implying getting ragdolled off of the walls of winterfell didn't take care of that.
>>
>>69307441

So your point is that this justifies Jon not changing that much? OK, I can get it, so if he's still the good old Jon, then why abandon his brothers to fight against the white walkers alone?
>>
>>69301923
technically his watch ended because he died.
Its kind of like how if you die and are resurrected your marriage is now void
>>
I want lady stoneheart in the show desu
>>
This looks like fucking fanfiction at this point...

>and then Onion Bro asked for Mel to ressurect Jon
>she did (the absolute madwoman)
>and then Jon killed the traitors and left the NW like a badass
>and then he took Winterfell with his wildling friends and Onion bro
>and then he was Azor Ahai all along
>and then he married Dany, wrode a dragon and conquered Kings Landing

Fuck D'n'D.
>>
eh the best for me is still the tyrion's trial monologue
>...i demand a trial by combat
how can anything beat this
>>
File: 1433685198052.jpg (193 KB, 1125x649) Image search: [Google]
1433685198052.jpg
193 KB, 1125x649
>>
>>69300366

>...and who...are you
>>
>>69307832

You forgot duelwielding Cersei in one hand and Tyrion in the other.
>>
>Your father was a cunt and that's why you killed him
>My father was poisened by our enemies
>hmmm

Best scene so far
>>
>>69304966
yep
funny how it used to be one of the show's weak storylines
>>
>>69308087
>/v/ and /tv/ are closest to reddit's content

well they're not wrong
>>
How many men did the nights watch mantain on aberage before the seven kingdoms stopped giving a shit about them?

Also they're technically sovereign right? Similar to how the Knights of Malta correct?
>>
>>69301923
What the fuck is the difference between hanging and beheading you Autistic cunt.
>>
>>69307832

>and then he was actually a Targeryan and the prince that was promissed
>and then he finds his uncle beyond the wall and he teaches him to control his superpowers
>and then Stannis sees how amazing he is and bows to him, the one true king
>and then he makes Stannis the 10000th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch
>amd then he finds the ghost of the Night King and marches against the White Walkers with and army of ghosts of old rangers from the NW

Bravo DnD.
>>
>>69302938
Holy fuck you are stupid.

>Die
>Get resurrected
>Have no change in outlook

Nice meme
>>
>>69308906

See:
>>69305216
>>69306479
>>69307441
>>69307506
>>
>>69306479
>Leave with no apparent motivation

Youre literally autistic.
>>
Can we just mention that Bran can potentially ALTER THE FUCKING PAST
>>
cutting your hair turns you stupid and evil

Arya
Ellaria
Jon
>>
>>69305349
What anime is this?
>>
>>69309229
Cory in the House
>>
>>69300366
thought it was kind of cheesy to be honest, maybe because I read the spoilers.

Jon waking up and his and everyone's reactions was so hype though

>that face on Jon as he looks down at his scars
was anticipating that moment for a year.
>>
>Edd not going with Jon
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK OFFF

the NW should follow Jon under Edd.
>>
>>69309133
Pretty sure it works more like the weirwood whispers.
>>
Rickon is fucked. Rickon confirmed for Reek 2.0
>>
File: froggy.jpg (39 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
froggy.jpg
39 KB, 512x768
Speaking of things that are the best, who's the best-looking girl on the show now that Ygritte's gone?

No bad poosay.
>>
>>69302938
i hope you die and don't get resurrected faggot
>>
>>69309567
Bran
>>
>>69300366
no
best scene was that shitter Olly getting rekt
>>
he was a cunt
>>
File: 1376716435309.jpg (63 KB, 520x638) Image search: [Google]
1376716435309.jpg
63 KB, 520x638
Stoneheart is going to show up so they can have her versus John, huh?
>>
>>69307480
When she was bent over Ramsey's bed biting the pillow
>>
Jesus, it seems like literally everyone who criticizes this show is retarded. I haven't seen a single even remotely intelligent post from someone criticizing it. Why is desperate contrarianism so appealing to the least intelligent people?
>>
>>69302938
>Implying he literally left castle black at the end of the ep
>>
>>69310270
He went north of the wall m88
>>
>>69310260
>hundreds of people are wrong

It isn't contrarian when something is objectively poor.
>>
>>69310260
This

Won't lie that it's went down in quality a bit since S3 and 4 but it's still great.

Funny thing is these people watch garbage too but because it's not particularly popular that means it's GOAT.
>>
>>69307644

Because if he doesn't, they're all fucked anyway.

How many recruits do you think have come up to the wall since the war of the Five Kings ended? None. Zilch. Nada. Everything south of the wall is so utterly fucked by things ranging from the sparrows to the bloton fucking shits to the ironborn that Jon going south now presents the best chance of getting at least one region to sort its shit out before the night's king comes knocking.
>>
>>69311350

He doesn't have to leave the NW to go south. Its common for NW members to temporarily leave the wall in missions FOR the wall.
>>
>>69310260
it's the plebbitors like yourself coming here so they can bitch about it without getting downvoted >>69308087

since running out of book material the show continues to constantly betray its internal logic in service of melodrama.

and for your sake I won't point out the irony of coming into a hatethread and calling everyone contrarians because you disagree with them.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.