[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1.) Why are the Matrix sequels hated? 2.) Are they more hated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
1.) Why are the Matrix sequels hated?
2.) Are they more hated then the Star Wars Prequels?
3.) Do you individually think the hate is warranted/justified?
>>
>Watching tranny indoctrination flics
>>
>>67969473

yes, yes and yes
>>
>>67969473
Reloaded had no substance
Revolutions had no ending and the last 30 minutes were batshit
>>
Story was way too out there and too vague for the normie audiences.

The ending left a ton of people confused as fuck.
>>
>>67969473
1. They're poorly structured and poorly formatted. Still have some good fight scenes though. Remember that the first Matrix took 5 years to make and the sequels both released in 2003.
2. Probably, but there's no where near as many contrarians who say they're good.
>>
>>67969473
Because they suck dicks
Yes, but both are shit
Yes, the Wachowski bros deserve to be hated
>>
>>67969473
>Why are the Matrix sequels hated?

Because they didn't give people what they wanted.
>>
>>67969473
reloaded is not a good sequel to The Matrix and it's way too over the top, but enjoyable. Revolutions sucks badly.
>>
That dance club party scene out of nowhere in the middle of 2.

Fuck there's a lot of niggers in Zion.
>>
>>67970687
and theres no sun, so why is there melanin 10000years in the future??
>>
>>67970724
because Zion is just another layer in Matrix. And everything has to look familiar.
>>
>>67969473
Because the first one was a cool mysterious universe where Neo is supposedly some super being but basically all the movie he's just "the useless rookie". The crew of the Nebuchadnezzar were all interesting characters with their own stories and personalities. Then it climaxes when Neo is kill (but not really) and finally becomes that super hero dude he was destined to be. The movie then ends on a "humanity can now fight back - watch out bad guys" vibe.

The sequels destroy all that and now Neo isn't really the super badass motherfucker we were all hyped for, just another really gifted dude among a bunch if others that have failed so he's not special, the machines can actually compete and kill him now. There are also those other special programs/people like the keymaker guy, the oracle, and whatever else.

I dunno. The Matrix was a good "main guy is destined for greatness but doesn't realize it till the end" underdog story and the others are just weird scifi flicks.
>>
>>67969473
1) I don't really know.
2) Definitely not
3) No, I like them more than 1.
>>
Original was western philosophy. Sequels were eastern philosophy. The original was likely a fluke that was held in check by producers, judging from everything the Wakoski trannies have done since.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 534x820
>>67970324
>why are they hated
>yes
>>
>>67971402
It's a reddit thing
>>
File: 1457498299989.jpg (53 KB, 485x428) Image search: [Google]
1457498299989.jpg
53 KB, 485x428
>>67969473
>1.) Why are the Matrix sequels hated?
Because they weren't necessary to begin with. The first opus was and still is entirely self-sufficient, very much like the first Pirate of the Caribbean. But the Wachowski sisters had to go full Lucas disillusion of grandeur. And frankly the story kinda sucks, it doesn't know what it wants. Is it about Neo? is it about Zion? is it about Smith? Is it about the Matrix? Fuck it it's about everything and nothing at the same time.

>2.) Are they more hated then the Star Wars Prequels?
Depends who you ask. I for one hate Revolutions as much as I hate TFA and BvS. I absolutely hate it. I take any prequel over this piece of shit any day.

3.) Do you individually think the hate is warranted/justified?
YES. Particularly Revolutions. Reloaded was a strong action movie, it had that going for it despite the garbage plot with the key-maker. But by revolutions even the action becomes Jupiter Ascending shit tier.
That's not Neo vs Smith, it's literally Superman vs Songoku. The Zion assault was completely off-putting and poorly done, overdose of visuals. All that plot with the indian family was stupid beyond belief. The niobe arc was shitty with the cliché love triangle. And do not get me started on Link & Zelda. It's a level of cringe even Lucas would have a hard time to reach.
>>
>>67971921
But BVS is a billion times better then the prequels combined.
>>
1.) The cgi looked silly. That's it. All of the cgi faces looked even worse.
2.) The star wars movies are worse.
3.) You can justify anything. I'm of the opinion that what ever is presented is good enough to warrant viewing. Praise should be for what films you want to see more of. To out right hate a film does little good if any at all for anyone.
>>
Mostly hated by plebs who didn't *get* them. Yeah it's not as good as the first but if you actually follow the storyline it's interesting
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkMU1mKdwPI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSVlOAocn8E
>>
File: 1457496185651.png (15 KB, 454x283) Image search: [Google]
1457496185651.png
15 KB, 454x283
>>67972084
>>
>>67972544
The animatrix is more interesting than these 5 hours of utter garbage anon. The Second Renaissance alone is more interesting than these 2 flicks.
>>
>>67972084
>>67972796
>>67974115
>>
>>67974278
2 honestly wasn't that bad but they fucked up the ending in 3 and it was just too over the top and convoluted
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.