[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No one ever talks about this show. I thought it was up there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: betterthanbb.jpg (421 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
betterthanbb.jpg
421 KB, 1280x1024
No one ever talks about this show. I thought it was up there with The Sopranos and The Wire?
>>
You have a shit taste.

BSG was awful.
>>
33 is one of the best episode ever
>>
>>67104894
First season was pretty good...

Then it just became episodic shit, with a slowly progressing story lines, topped off with some of the most inconsistent annoying characters of all time.

Oh, and the story was really shit and disappointing.

I watched and enjoyed it, but it was far from 'up there'.
>>
>>67104956
>Show literally goes downhill after the first episode of the first season

wew
>>
>>67104894
It was, but /tv/ doesn't like it because the critics did. It's a sci fi TV show. And in /tv/'s mind, sci fi shows should be cheap, comfy, and never mainstream.
>>
>>67104894
It wasn't.
>>
>>67104894
The exodus of New Caprica was the best space battle probably ever.
>>
>>67104904
Frak off
>>
>>67104894

because spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
File: Baltar-saves.jpg (149 KB, 603x786) Image search: [Google]
Baltar-saves.jpg
149 KB, 603x786
Reminder that Baltar is the GOAT character in all of sci fi
>>
>>67106284

remember when baltar spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler?
>>
>>67106322
>>67106283
This meme sucks
>>
>>67106334

it's not a meme. it's following the rules.
>>
>>67106361
heh ... not bad, kid
>>
/tv/ secretly loves BSG but was so butthurt about season four that they pretend the whole show was shit. Basically, /tv/ was betrayed and is bitter about it.

It was easily the best sci fi show of our time, and the only sci fi that could do drama as well as a non-sci could. Also yeah, Baltar was pretty great.
>>
>>67106334
>>67106361

actually, it's spoiler spoiler
>>
The writer's strike fucked it up bad. The tagline of the show was
>they have a plan
And boy they sure fucking didn't. There's a lot of interesting themes and on-going story arcs but it all gets shoehorned, deus ex machina'd or flat out ignored by the end.

I still enjoy it for the consistently good acting and sets though. The wasted potential just makes me kind of mad.
>>
>>67106389

it's not sci-fi. it's a soap opera.
>>
>>67104894

It's 7/10 at best, that's why. There's not a single thing to remember about it besides Tricia Helfer. The show also suffered of keeping all of the cast alive way too long even though it's obvious some of them deserved/were supposed to die at some point several times.

And the ending was fucking horrible.
>>
>>67104894
I tried to watch it for the first time 2 weeks ago after hearing all that hype around it for the past 7-8 years.
I dropped it harder than a nigger his child after season 2.
Biggest pseudo shit I've ever seen with retarded characters doing retarded shit that makes no sense and goes against his/her character, mumbo jumbo politics and whatnot. It was unbearable and mind bogglingly dumb.
>>
>>67106410
The Plan was literally the biggest letdown. The Plan ended up being 'let's fuck them up by blowing up the water ... and make a weird church thing'
>>
File: 319px-Zarek.jpg (21 KB, 319x480) Image search: [Google]
319px-Zarek.jpg
21 KB, 319x480
>>67106389
S4.5 was a mess and soiled the memory of the rest of the show. It's a shame, because apart from a few filler episodes, the rest was GOAT

>>67106451
>unbearable and mind bogglingly dumb.
Oops, you just described yourself
>>
>>67106410
>The writer's strike fucked it up bad.
This so much.

There was heaps of prophecy shit and "plans" and plenty of loose ends all together could have been wound up with whole extra season without it even feeling like it was going slow.

Then it all just got tied up in 2-3 episodes instead because "LOL God spoke to me" "Lol Starbuck was an Angel after all" as a cop out way of dealing with all their loose ends.
>>
>>67106503
>Oops, you just described yourself

for you
>>
>>67104894

Things went pretty well up until the end of the Exodus arc. Then it seriously went downhill.

Overall it's still one of the best shows ever made since the highs are so high, but the lows are very ordinary by comparison and happen at the end of the show rather than the start or being spread.

>>67106410

They had too many plans. And they kept changing what it was rather than sticking to just one.

>>67106442

>only Tricia Helfer

Do you even Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonald, Lucy Lawless or Michael Hogan bro?
>>
>>67106532
#REKT
>>
>>67106532
I know you are but what am I
>>
>>67106540
Finding the fake Earth was maybe the best bit
>>
>>67106471

>Plan 1: Make prophecy come true by starting the cycle, then track the fleeing humans to Earth and fuck them up too
Plan 2: I don't know, some fucking thing about God, I guess?
>Plan 3: WAAAH MOMBOT ANDDADBOT DIDN'T MAKE MEPHYSICALLY FLAWLESS AND I CAN'T SEE IN X-RAYS, I WANNA PUNISH THEM!

The first plan made sense, they should have just stuck with that.
>>
of course the ending and story arcs were terrible. that's what happens when soap opera writers try to write a sci-fi show. they just don't know how.
>>
>>67106581

That and the fallout was a gut punch and a half.

However nothing on TV will ever surpass this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toc-TdUu7mg.
>>
>>67106620

warning: rick roll
>>
>>67106648

Actually it's one of the only times on 4chan you won't get that.

Battle of New Caprica, from Exodus Part II in Season 3.
>>
>>67106590
What I thought they should have gone with was revealing OG Humans had created Cylons, warred cycles yada yada, and then genetically engineered themselves to the point that the Cylones and Human races merged. Colonies went out, everyone forgot. Cycle starts again.

Put 'god' in as the drive for life to propagate itself throughout the universe. I loved the Hybrid when that first showed up but again, wasted potential.
>>
>>67106721

kek still trying eh?
>>
Since Reddit invaded any media that has any religious aspects gets short shrift.
>>
File: roslin goes gangsta.jpg (4 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
roslin goes gangsta.jpg
4 KB, 298x169
NO. NOT NOW. NOT EVER. DO YOU HEAR ME. I WILL USE EVERY CANON, EVERY BOMB, EVERY BULLET, EVERY WEAPON I HAVE DOWN TO MY OWN EYETEETH TO END YOU. I SWEAR IT. IM COMING FOR ALL OF YOU
>>
If Saul Tigh was not your favorite character on the show, you are objectively wrong.
>>
>>67106590
More like

>Plan 1: Kill all the humans because God told us to
>Plan 2: Save the humans because God would want us to
>Plan 3: Kill all the humans because fuck it muh x-rays
>>
File: Adama-feels-good3.jpg (582 KB, 3200x2013) Image search: [Google]
Adama-feels-good3.jpg
582 KB, 3200x2013
>>67106620
>mfw

I love how the ships look hiding in the clouds. So frakking cool
>>
>>67106429
> entertainment must select a single "genre" box, so when I'm presented with something that contains two elements I argue about which box it should go in, instead of realising that the concept of selecting genres is clearly stupid
>>
>>67107023

but what about when saul spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler?
>>
>>67107057

nice try, rick. keep on rolling.
>>
If you didn't think Roslin was the worst character, you are a cuck.
>>
>>67107075
>implying it is both
>it's okay to lie about what kind of show it is just so they can push up our ratings because pretentious people don't care if people are tricked into watching a show all pretentious people like to do is have something to talk-talk-talk they don't watch shows to enjoy them they watch them so they can pretentiously talk about them
>>
File: Adama-feels-good1b.png (526 KB, 1000x580) Image search: [Google]
Adama-feels-good1b.png
526 KB, 1000x580
Frak it dumping these because they took ages and I never get to use them
>>
File: Adama-feels-good2b.png (807 KB, 1000x578) Image search: [Google]
Adama-feels-good2b.png
807 KB, 1000x578
>>67107106
>>
>>67107140
Here's the official list anon. Sorry.

>GOAT tier
Adama, Cottle

>Based tier
Baltar, Helo, Starbuck, Tigh, Chief

>Good tier
Apollo, Zarek, Athena, Boomer, Gaeta, Roslin, Chief, Number 6, Tory, Cavill, Cain, Viper jocks

>Okay tier
Dualla, Billy, Kat, Anders, all other Cylons

>Shit tier
Cally, Crashdown, Ellen, Lampkin

>Dust
Boxey
>>
>>67107276
>frak
>does not know how it's spelled

illiterate donkey detected
>>
>>67107345
It's a four-letter word pham

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frak_(expletive)
>>
>>67107318
>Cuck Tier
Chief, Helo, Anders, Apollo
>>
>>67107318

you are an absolute moron if you truly believe that list is correct. you obviously know nothing about bsg. gtfo, reddit.
>>
>>67107345
>dat irony
>>
>>67107318
>implying adama is a beta goat not an alpha lion

homosex faggot
>>
>>67107421
Please, enlighten me.
>>
>>67106284
Okay, raise of hands. Who thought the guy playing Baltar was the same guy who played the doctor in DS9 before you checked his credentials on IMDB or somewhere else?
>>
>>67107518
*silence*
>>
>>67107318
>Tight not in GOAT tier.

Sort your life out anon.
>>
>>67107518
Racist!
>>
>>67107057

That picture made me laugh more than it should
>>
>>67107140
I thought she was a great character, but I didn't like her, at least at first. You could look at her character as showing what would happen would a SJW come into a position of authority IRL.
>>
ITS IN THE FRACKING SHIP
>>
I wanted to rewatch it but then remembered Starbuck being a neurotic slut in every scene and Tricia Hefner being a typical wooden supermodel. I remember feeling like hanging myself when watching Roslin.

I just want a supercut of Baltar and Adama.
>>
Starbuck was so awful in this program. Was the best at everything. EVER.
>>
File: 1457390961248.jpg (230 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457390961248.jpg
230 KB, 1280x720
1. didnt age well
2. was on at a time when there wasnt much else for sci fi available, so people made the best with what they had
3. not very good
>>
>>67105915
Pretty much this, but I really had a good time watching it.
>>
File: BSG S02E07 snapshot_07.00.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BSG S02E07 snapshot_07.00.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
>>67104894
I've talked about it recently.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/66777974/

>>67011994

Started watching 'cause some said its best sci-fi. It's shit though. Flight scenes are okay thoug, and some characters, but boy, it's dumb as hell.

>barely a town of people remained, still there is government and politicans want to figght each other.
>not educating everyone to jobs that are needed, civilians don't do shit. there are dozens of journalist/reporter though, as that would be the most needed job.
>RELIGIOUS people! in space! ridiculous.

but still watching (i'm in the middle of season 2) because the eyecandy bitches.
>>
>>67106555
A big KoG
>>
>>67109871
They're all amateur or local politicians. People want to know how their government is run, it's more important now than ever. Also religion will probably never die
>>
>>67109914
?
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.