[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Reminder: If Rey was a man /tv/ as a whole would be praising
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 18
File: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (237 KB, 640x743) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg
237 KB, 640x743
Daily Reminder: If Rey was a man /tv/ as a whole would be praising the movie.
>>
>>63911046

I wouldn't though because I actually care about the ending of return of the jedi and I want any sequel to that to be good and not a rehash. Can you name anything original in this movie?
>>
>>63911046
The funny thing is these people are just looking for something to bitch about. Everyone was whining about Finn, but he turned out to be a good character, so now they need somethintg else to whine about. Can't even be about SJWs and feminism because Phasma got trashed and BB8 wasn't a girl like they said it would be.
>>
Looks like a man to me m8
>>
>>63911090

A lot of people have mentioned that this movie is a sterile rehash. Its not just people talking about the cast.
>>
If Rey was a man she would be Luke
>>
>>63911090
sounds like your stupid ass was gonna swallow whatever they gave you. She's a terrible character and everyone knows it
>>
>>63911046

Nah. Watching Kylo interrogate Po made me realize how tired I was of the Male Protag/Male Antag relation.

I'm glad they went with a female lead. It's new and hopefully it will be built on.
>>
>>63911046
>rey was the only problem with the film

the whole first act works really well, even though it's not perfect and they had to fucking reuse fucking Tatooine.

it's only when Han shows up and rehash mode kicks into full gear that it turns to shit.
>>
>>63911193
I wish more people could understand this. Ugh
>>
>>63911193

Rey is literally a rehash of Luke. She is even on a desert planet, new Tatooine, which just so happens to have the Millenium Falcon on it so that she can fly away off the desert planet in her time of need. She then uses Luke's old lightsaber and trains to become a jedi. Not an original character.
>>
>>63911227
>>63911193
giving the main character doesn't make their concept original if its the only new thing about them.

Game of Thrones got this right and it made all its female characters members of the nobility without amnesia to help them act poor to curry favor with the audience.

>>63911257
>Rey is literally a rehash of Luke.

no its much worse. she's a rehash of Episode 1 Anakin.
>>
>>63911257
And Luke is just a really common hero archetype. So what?
>>
>>63911193
>excusing a shit character just because shes a female QT
>>
File: anita facepalm.gif (3 MB, 256x234) Image search: [Google]
anita facepalm.gif
3 MB, 256x234
>hundreds of male characters fit The Chosen One archetype and are naturally gifted at things that help in their adventures and seems to be protected by supernatural forces

Oh well of course, this is the classical Hero's Journey template every culture has, it is an enjoyable wishfulfillment fantasy for the audience's inner child's ID desire to be special and has it's genesis in the prophet figures of various religions around the world, perfectly acceptable storytelling method.

>one female character finally also fits The Chosen One archetype and is naturally gifted at things that help in her adventures and seems to be protected by supernatural forces

FUCKING MAAAAAARRRRRRRRYYYYYY SSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING FEMINISTS RUIN EVERYTHING GODDAMN WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN SHE HAS AN AMBIGUOUS BACKSTORY EITHER TELL ME UPFRONT RIGHT FUCKING NOW HOW SHE KNOWS HOW TO DO EVERYTHING SHE DOES OR IM GOING TO STAB SOMEONE THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT IS ALL THE SJWS FAULT THEY HAVE RUINED MY FAVORITE MOVIE SERIES THAT HAS NEVER HAD A WOMAN DO ANYTHING IN IT BEFORE GOD DAMN IT WHERES MY GUN I NEED TO DO A SCHOOL SHOOTING
>>
>>63911339
Hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>63911313
>no its much worse. she's a rehash of Episode 1 Anakin.

No she is a rehash of Luke. Anakin went through a vigorous training program from a young age well Rey and Luke only became jedi when they were older. She is closer to Luke.

> And Luke is just a really common hero archetype. So what?

The first act of the movie is her leaving a desert planet on the millenium falcon just like Luke. Also she has his lightsaber. She is Luke 2.0
>>
File: high quality bait.jpg (8 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
high quality bait.jpg
8 KB, 249x250
>>63911339
This is gr8 b8 because it's true
>>
>>63911090
Not really. I didn't go in there thinking that Finn will be shit, I'm pretty open minded.

I wouldn't she's a bad actor, but unfortunately, when you compare her with Finn and Poe, she's simply not as charismatic.
>>
>>63911339
>>63911046

Ease up on that caps lock faggot.

If there was any implication she was the chosen one it would be okay. Shes an orphan and a nobody.

>They'll explain it later

No motherfucker, explain it now.

Remember how Anakin and Luke were both able to use the force and Lightsabers in episodes 1 and 4?
Get fucked faggot
>>
>>63911339

correct

i hate this board sometimes
>>
>>63911046
most of /tv/ is praising the movie though

it's just the faggotry contrarians that want to troll all Star Wars threads off the board that are saying otherwise
>>
>>63911339

I don't have an issue with the casting because I'm not autistic, but I think it's obvious they cast a female lead and a black man as the two main characters literally just to stop SJW's from having something to complain about.

Saddest part is, no matter what they did with the casting, people would've had issues with it.
>>
>>63911446

>Remember how Anakin and Luke were both able to use the force and Lightsabers in episodes 1 and 4?
Get fucked faggot

I remember Luke being able to fire a fucking missile into an ejection port without even having to use a targeting system and I remember Anakin being a pod racer, making split decisions that were killing 90% of the other racers. It's not all about swinging lightsabers.

You get fucked, faggot.
>>
>>63911446
>No implication

Did you not notice the crazy flashbacks when she touched the lightsaber, the visions when she was being interrogated by Kylo, Her ease at focusing the force?

>The movie didn't have multiple characters calling her the chosen one so I didn't get it.

No wonder /tv/ has a hard on for Episode 1.
>>
>>63911446
>Remember how Anakin and Luke were both able to use the force and Lightsabers in episodes 1 and 4?
>Get fucked faggot
But Luke did use the force in Episode IV you cunt, that's how he blew up the Death Star.
>>
>>63911446

>THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyr74Rs6BWU
>>
>>63911339
>Not realizing that Luke fails.
>Not remembering that during Luke's duel with Vader in Empire, Vader doesn't fight seriously until Luke strikes his shoulder, at which point he rages and ends the fight.

Yeah, no. Luke has flaws, and even after training with Yoda he's no match for a Sith. That's the difference.
>>
>>63911611

He was fighting with him "seriously" pretty much from the last part of that battle. Probably got sick of toying around with him. Also if Luke had of followed through with that strike he would've lopped Vader's arm off.
>>
>>63911090
Finn was a wuss about to runaway and leave the galaxy like a little bitch
>>
>>63911446
remember how they were trained
>>
>>63911842
Which makes him a good character
>>
>>63911915

He is still not an original character. This movie is 100% glib facsimile.
>>
Daily reminder that tumblr buzzfeed blogger feminists come here.

Fuck off back to Facebook you cunts. You sjw fucks have real life and every other website to circle jerk your bullshit on in your "safe spaces". This website belongs to racists and sexism and we don't fucking want you here REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63911529

Anakin used the force in EP1 when the council tested him with the picture machine.

Luke used the force twice in ep4.
Jedi training droid and death star blowing without targeting.
>>
>>63911193
>Watching Kylo interrogate Po made me realize how tired I was of the Male Protag/Male Antag relation.
Do you watch anything other than capeshit?
>>
File: rey.jpg (686 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
rey.jpg
686 KB, 2000x3000
All I know is that I want to FUCK Rey's pussy and kiss her mouth
>>
File: SH0950.jpg (68 KB, 331x358) Image search: [Google]
SH0950.jpg
68 KB, 331x358
>>63911046
IT'S JUST A FUCKING RE-TELLING OF A NEW HOPE!

Holy shit you stupid whore open your eyes

And it's fucking stupid and basically makes all the rebels accomplished in the original trilogy pile up to a big jack shit nothing when the "Heir to the Empire" of a broken Empire seeking to rebuild while hiding would have been more logical.

Plus the conveniently-placed plot devices like the abandoned Millenium Falcon.

It's fucking stupid in spite of your girl power and black power and all the other SJW bullshit.
>>
File: hux.png (407 KB, 601x301) Image search: [Google]
hux.png
407 KB, 601x301
>>63912084
>Today is the end of 4chan. The end of a website that acquiesces to bigotry. At this very moment on a website far from a safe space, the new 4chan administrator LIES TO THE INTERNET while secretly supporting THE SEXISM OF THE LOATHSOME GAMER GAMTERS. This fierce social justice machine which we have built, upon which we stand WILL BRING AN END TO THE SHITLORDS, to their cherished geek culture. ALL REMAINING WEBSITES WILL BOW TO THE SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS AND WILL REMEMBER THIS AS THE LAST! DAY! OF 4CHAN!
>>
>>63911339
Can you name one of these hero archetypes that doesn't stumble or fail at a single hurdle that he comes across and doesn't no struggle to learn new skills or learns skills without a mentor?

The only "hurdle" Rey faces is temporary capture, at which point she's magically able to use skills she had no prior knowledge of to escape.
>>
File: CUt9YEZU8AAkh7V.jpg (23 KB, 597x219) Image search: [Google]
CUt9YEZU8AAkh7V.jpg
23 KB, 597x219
>>63912084
That fucking scum has literally made the west no longer worth saving.
>>
>>63912664
>ah if only it was like the good old days where I was conscripted to fight in trench warfare and die horribly

male logic
>>
>>63912634
I'm not huge on the sjw hate train but did she really have to save the black guy from the aliens that for no reason decided to drag him around instead of eat him like they everyone else then go ahead and save herself from being a damsel in distress as well? I get that we're subverting tropes and it's soooo progressive or whatever the fuck makes you feel good
but if it cheapens the plot like it clearly has done I'm not gonna be stoked.
>>
Did I ever tell you about Jakku? It was the desert backwater I was stuck on for 22 years because my dad Luke tried to hide me from the Knights of Ren, like Obi-Wan did with him. And while I can fix and fly anything, including the legendary Millennium Falcon, which happens to be parked right outside the junkyard I work at, never once did I think about leaving this backwater to find my family, who I foolishly think are coming to get me eventually, nor did I look for Max Von Sydow, who obviously came with me to Jakku and was probably 20 miles away, a distance I could cover on my speeder.

It was a good planet.
>>
File: gr081.jpg (66 KB, 337x369) Image search: [Google]
gr081.jpg
66 KB, 337x369
>>63912702
>"your rights end where my feelings begin, so don't trigger me by saying words!"

>feminist SJW logic
>>
File: 1424732592975.png (63 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1424732592975.png
63 KB, 225x225
>>63912739
>everyone else gets wrecked and killed by the monsters in split seconds
>finn doesn't, he just gets carried around for a minute
>>
>>63911046

If Rey was a man, the writers wouldn't have Mary Sued him because they wouldn't have to worry about Feminist Backlash.
>>
>>63912743
>you should be polite to people

yes, problem?
>>
>>63911339

Every Chosen One/Heroes Journey has the protag fail and learn.

So you should probably not post until you at least skim a few wikipedia articles or watch some movies made before 2012.
>>
>>63912769
on my second watch I did notice some of the other guys being carried off by the monsters as well. Perhaps yet another case of deleted scenes crippling the immersion.
>>
>>63912780
nothing wrong with being polite but if some faggot cries every time some word makes them cry then their father obviously should have done a better job of raising them not to be such pussys
>>
>>63911170
luke from ROTJ, not ANH.
>>
>>63912802
>gets too scared of the lightsaber visions and runs off into the woods and gets captured
>learns to accept her destiny and thus defeats the villain
>>
>>63912119
exactly. luke had SOME training and anakin had a basic test. Rey was pulling off moves only experienced Jedi have ever been seen doing.

She displayed MORE skill than kylo-ren, who at least partially trained under a jedi master luke and another sith lord.
>>
File: SH0952.jpg (184 KB, 746x559) Image search: [Google]
SH0952.jpg
184 KB, 746x559
>>63912780
Oh go fuck yourself.

Did it ever occur to you that your pissy attitude and your efforts to manufacture victims so you can masturbate your egos with "movements" are why people feel the need to treat you like shit?

You're a weak fragile pussy when it comes tot he things you dont wannt to hear yet expect everyone else to just suck it up when you burn flags, burn bibles, destroy monuments and take a shit on everyone else in the name of your own hate.

So just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63911046
Girls are inferior.
>>
File: 145234523a.gif (2 MB, 154x230) Image search: [Google]
145234523a.gif
2 MB, 154x230
>>63911046
Rey isn't the film's main issue. Thing is, VII is a glib facsimile. Palpable, but not transcendent. Do you follow?
>>
>>63911046
But the real protagonist is already a man
>>
>>63911090
Rey was a shit character by a shit actor. JJ even said "Some of her acting is wooden"
>>
>>63911090
>People whine about Finn
>"You would have hated it no matter what !"
>People recognize Finn is a good character and criticize Rey instead
>"You just need something to hate !"

You'll do everything to defend your Mary Sue
>>
>>63912911

That's not a failing. Something like her reluctance to act on her powers getting Han killed or something would have sufficed.

They didn't need to make her full whiny bitch boy like Luke or anything.
>>
>>63911170
Luke in EP 3 and 4 is a useless farmboy who get carried by Obiwan, Han and Leia
>>
>>63912911
>lightsaber visions
>in a canonical Star Wars movies

What were they thinking?
>>
>>63912702

I think he's just highlighting that women are weak and pathetic.

Which is true.

Which is why their safe space should be in the kitchen.
>>
>>63911339
>hundreds of male characters fit The Chosen One archetype and are naturally gifted at things that help in their adventures and seems to be protected by supernatural forces
And they all get shat on because of poor writing
Ever seen any discussion about Superman ? He's almost universally hated because he's badly written at his core

The solution to that is to make it a chick instead, so when people point out the bad writing you can hide behind "Misoginy"
>>
Do you think anyone directing episodes VIII/IX would have the balls to turn Rey into a villain which in turn makes the story either about redeeming her or like ultimately having to kill her or are they to pussy and scared of negative backlash
>>
File: 3.png (1 MB, 1076x710) Image search: [Google]
3.png
1 MB, 1076x710
>>63913089
>women will never understand what its like to fight in a war!
>I do from reading sitting in my parents basement reading wikipedia articles though

ok pissbaby
>>
>>63913105
Either she fails big time in VIII or the whole trilogy loses steam.

She'll probably be responsible for Luke's death.
>>
File: rey sith.jpg (145 KB, 998x491) Image search: [Google]
rey sith.jpg
145 KB, 998x491
>>63913105

it will happen, if they have the balls to see it through >>63904539
>>
>>63912987
Except Finn isn't a good character until two more movies redeem the black jarjar we have now. His Abrams brand of comic relief is lowest common denominator bullshit aimed at cheap chuckles
>>
File: B1CTDdEIIAAGQEP.jpg (114 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
B1CTDdEIIAAGQEP.jpg
114 KB, 600x800
>>63913149

>Photo Op Kurd sluts

they know what it's like to get fucking rekt, that's for sure.
>>
>>63913149
Are you a female Kurdish or Yazidi fighter? How do you get internet to be able to shitpost on 4chan rather than fighting Assad and ISIS?
>>
>>63913105
Finn will be the chosen one, Rey is consumed by the dark side, they have an epic lightsaber battle like in ROTS

written by George Lucas
>>
>>63913213
>100/1 kdr
>rekt

more male logic
>>
>>63913217

Since Kurd and Yazidi women just pose for photographs near the Turkish border and spend all day on social media, they probably do have internet access.

Anyway, who cares about them?

Real women are suffering from horrific PTSD because of name calling on twitter.
>>
>>63913268

>Implying she killed a single ISIS fighter

We have proof she got rekt. We have no proof of her claims.
>>
>>63911046
Tumblr: The Thread

Pms keyboard warriors going all out
>>
>>63913213
Dumbfuck, she's still alive.
>>
>>63913269
>j-just posing!

funny how insecure this makes you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcsRbhnpnc
>>
>>63911046

Damn reddit is leaking onto tv today

This star wars was shit tier and everyone knows it.

Except star wars fan boy that can't accept the fact that their beloved franchise sux

And reddit/feminist because misogyni

The film was at best a guardian of the galaxy tier flick. Wich is : not really good
>>
File: 1447986419517.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1447986419517.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>63913488
>Guardians was called a Star Wars flick

>Now Star Wars is called a Guardian flick
>>
>>63913205
He's a lot better than Rey, that's for sure
>>
>>63911046
>if she was a man

That was not my problem with the movie. I actually like that they feature a female Jedi.

My problem with it was that it was paced way too fast and the characters act like they've known eachother for months/years yet the movie feels like it all happened within the span of a day.
>>
>>63911046
How the fuck could she:
>pilot the Falcon
>Fix the Falcon
>Do the Jedi Mind-trick
>Be a cool scavanger of destroid Star Destroyers when Luke was just a farmboy country bumpkin
>Use a blaster
>Speak with Droids
>Speak with Wookies
>Use the Jedi pull
>Resist Kylo's mind reading and read his mind instead
>Have force visions
>Fight using a Lightsaber
>Fight using her stick
>Beat Kylo that has an infinitly bigger experience with fighting lightsaber welding enemies
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.