[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Show on TV Right Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: imgres.jpg (12 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
12 KB, 299x168
Season 2 is phenomenal, if you haven't been watching, you should start.
>>
>>63430541
Anyone has webm of Ayy Lmaos?
>>
>>63430541
What the fuck was that last episode? That came out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>63430567
The signs were there traveller

you didn't listen
>>
>>63430567
>Came out of nowhere

Yeah, really did, not like they haven't hinted at UFOs all season long. For fucks sake, they literally showed a UFO at the beginning of the first episode when Rye gets killed.
>>
I don't care if signs were there or not. This is the first episode I watched. How in the hell did the Coen brothers approve of what I just watched? What a disgrace.
>>
just came on /tv/ after seeing that finale to say:
ayyy lmao
>>
>>63430644
They did, but j thought that was just rye hallucinating
>>
>>63430674
nigga you can't just waltz in during episode 9 and start watching this shit, doesn't work that way

obviously the aliens are interested when humans kill each other en masse
>>
Does season 2 have anything to do with season 1? Reason I ask is because I didn't finish season 1 but want to watch season 2/
>>
>>63430693
There's another episode
>>
Can someone explain what that "Special Guest Star - Martin Freeman" was at the credits? Where the fuck was he in this episode?
>>
great episode
>>
>>63430750
They are related but you dont have to watch the whole first season to understand the 2nd.
>>
>>63430754
he was the narrator that read from the book
>>
>>63430754
He was the one readin' the book, mister,
>>
File: 1443420221965.gif (2 MB, 500x180) Image search: [Google]
1443420221965.gif
2 MB, 500x180
>>63430674
fuck off. dont care if bait

holy shit. this ep. lol at Mike
>NOPE
>>
terrible fucking episode
>>
>>63430849
lol
>>
Molly, did I ever tell you about the the Sioux City Massacre? The last son of the North Dakota Mafia was strangling me to death, and I would have been a goner if an alien spaceship hadn't appeared in the sky long enough to distract him! Afterwards I went and talked to your dying grandfather instead of chasing the indian psychopath who was hunting down a butcher and his wife because he asked them for a haircut.

He was a good friend.
>>
Okay, so this episode was told through the framing device of a true crime book, right? That means that what we see (in this episode, at least) was based on testimony of survivors. So we'll have to see who survives next episode to tell about the flying saucer. It could just be that Sulverson was the only one to see... something. He was being strangled by Bear and saw a bright light, and then Bear looked away and he shot him.

Hanzee and the couple are the only others shown to see a flying saucer. Everybody else still alive was KO'd. And I have a feeling those three are going to die. So it could just be the author of the true crime book that this series is based off of is just making wild conjectures off the things Sulverson thought he saw will he was being strangled and shared with the writer at a later date.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
wat did they showed the ufo sticker next to the car keys in the shop?
>>
Someone needs to screenshot that book and see if it mentions anything about the aliums. From what I could read it wasn't just a bunch of lorem ipsum.
>>
>>63430674
>This is the first episode I watched
you are a moron
>>
Everyone else who saw the Aliens either died or ran away. No one will believe Lou and tell him he was just hallucinating from being choked out and near death. It'll be like it never happened and everyone learns a lesson on guardian angels or random coincidences or some philosophical shit.

My guess is cancerfu died in the hospital while it was going down, and in the finale Lou accepts it a miracle from heaven courtesy of his dead wife.

Also rip cancerfu, you were too qt for this world.
>>
has anyone rewatched season 1 recently? do they make any references to ufos? i know they did this season, just wondering
>>
>>63430541
well it could have been, but it has turned into a goofy comedy now. Sorry. Might as well say IASIP is the best show
>>
>>63430674
>I pick up a series at the 2nd to last episode
Fuck yourself.
>>
>>63431457
Season 1 just had a lot of religious themes. There was raining fish, too.
>>
>>63432539
at least that they tried to explain through a tornado carrying the fish from a lake
>>
>People are seriously upset over aliens
>>
>>63433737
I thought it would be more ambiguous. I can't believe they did that. And you know they're just gonna ignore the aliens entirely in the last episode.
>>
>>63433781
wah wah wah
>>
>>63433874
>wah wah wah
How was I whining? I loved it. Fargo is my favorite show.
>>
>>63433954
>WAH WAH WAHHHH WAAHHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>63430541
>le UFo

DROPPED
>>
>>63430567
>>63430674
>>63430849
>>63430900
>>63433781
IT'S JUST A FLYING SAUCER, ED
>>
>>63431457
there are none
>>
this episode was just batshit insanity

i wonder if the final episode will up the ante or if it will end with a whimper
>>
are there aliens and retarded shit in this show? I thought it was some regular drama with normal plots and arcs, not spooky semi capeshit

I'll give you that I haven't seen the movie, since I tried watching big lebowski a couple times and never finishing it because it was awful and completely unfunny, and that's allegedly the Coen bros best picture.
>>
>>63435525
yup, they jumped the shark.
>>
It was great. I actually love the UFO because it ultimately means nothing and so much at the same time. It's the reason Lou is alive but in the end nobody will believe anyone saw anything because they will all die.
>>
Fargo is not a show about events happening, it's a show about a retelling of events that happened. The UFO encounter is speculative and obviously exaggerated in the retelling. If you can't understand this you're actually fucking stupid
>>
Martin Freeman was the narrator for this episode.
>>
>>63435525
No one who has any taste thinks Big Lebowski is their best film
>>
I just watched the movie for the first time tonight. I have the first season of the show on my hard drive right now. When do I marathon the first episode?
>>
>>63430719
You could argue Lou was hallucinating too
>>
>>63435936
When the black bull is done fucking your whore mom, faggot.
>>
WE STARWARS NOW
>>
>>63430567
>That came out of fucking nowhere
>Foreshadowed in every single episode before it happened.
Nope.
>>
>>63431457
Fish storm?
>>
I hope they just completely drop the UFO angle after this and never mention or hint at it ever again.
>>
>>63436192
I'm pretty sure he's referring in the context to the scene. It's pretty unexpected that a UFO would just appear in the middle of a gun fight.
>>
>>63431457
There was a pretty famous UFO sighting in Minnesota in 1979.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLom8BdeB4
>>
>>63436229
So unexpected that a lot of people correctly predicted it.

But, sure, I guess everyone can't be savy.
>>
File: fargoayyyy.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
fargoayyyy.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>63430561
Here you go m80. Also taking WebM requests I guess.
>>
hanzee is best last boss
>>
This IS the best show on TV and everyone that says that the ayyliums ruined it is a complete fucking idiot, not only they were forshadowed in every episode of this season, references were made too in S1.
They used them perfectly as deus ex machina by making them only appear.
Best show, based Lou.
>>
>>63436355
Name a single reference in season 1.
>>
>>63436355

>foreshadowed

>oh look some alien posters on the wall
>oh look alien symbol doodles

>there, an alien ship

10/10 plot and story element, such masterful writing and so subtle too
I'm glad they included that since the show would definitely be diminished without it
>>
>>63436379
Lou talking of the Sioux Falls massacre "I've never seen anything quite like it since then, or ever since"

>>63436387
Episode 1
>>
>>63436400
"before or since" beg pardon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3NTFnnaPC8 0.45
>>
File: bearisbear.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
bearisbear.webm
2 MB, 720x480
Also this bit directly preceding >>63436343
was pretty bad ass so heres that.
>>
>>63436387
Please, without using buzzwords explain how the show IS diminished by having it in it? Honestly.

Its not like it was put in for the sake of shock value, and if you actually think that you're a fucking idiot.
>>
What do the aliens add to the story? What do they mean?
>>
I'm now thinking of all the birdseye view shots during the season ayyyyyy
>>
>>63436461
Nothing. It's just a flying saucer. It had no more meaning than anything else in the show did.
>>
>>63436439
Michael Brown, i mean Bear dindu nuffin, he a good boy.
>>
i genuinely hate the over the top non realistic style and characters, the humour is dreadful too and pretty much no one is likeable so i'de say no, you definitely do not need to start watching this shit, its not phenomenal, barely even watchable tbqh familia.
>>
File: clerk.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
clerk.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>63436531
Bear is the dad I always wanted.
>>
>>63436554
Okay then.
>>
File: CTm0KsWVEAAtZIO.jpg (34 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
CTm0KsWVEAAtZIO.jpg
34 KB, 600x300
>ayyyliums
>camusfu briefly appears

11/10 episode, best show ever
>>
>>63436420
That scene doesn't track with him talking about aliens.

"I'd call it animal... but animals only kill for food."

So unless aliens literally step out of the saucer and kill some people in the finale, that can't be what he's talking about.
>>
>>63436554
>anon thought he would stroll in here acting like gary cooper
>turns out he's betty la plage
>>
>>63436461
They represent absurdity. Shit you can't know, and more importantly, shit you shouldn't try to figure out. In the entirety of this episode, the people who understand that there are some variables you can't explain are the ones who end up coming out on top. Lou knows that the wiretap is a bad idea, he knows there's a million ways that it can go wrong. Meanwhile the dakota cops are sure they can suss out everything they need to put this case to rest. Who ends up living? Lou. The Gerhardts actively go out to find Dodd, disregarding the fact that they know very little about the situation they're walking into, and because of it, they end up dead. Mike on the other hand, sees the massacre, and asks no questions. He basically resigns himself to the fact that there's no way he can figure out what the fuck happened. He has one line upon arriving at the motel "well, okay then". Bear looks up, curious to the saucer in the sky, and ends up getting a bullet in his head. Hanzee takes a moment to look at the saucer, and ends up losing Ed and Peggy. Ed meanwhile almost stops to look at the saucer, but Peggy has that line "It's just a flying saucer ed, come on now". Which ends up saving his life, as Hanzee would've caught up to them had he stayed.

I think the idea is that there are some things that are just kind of unknowable. Some absurdities we can't really grasp, and trying to understand them is fatal.
>>
>>63430674

The Coen bros aren't involved creatively in any way. They just signed off on the series and take a %
>>
>>63436680
prove me wrong then fargot
>>
>>63436667
You're gonna bet your ass they will, they still have three witnesses that clearly saw them. And since in s1 Sioux Falls is remembered only for the massacre and not for le spooky ayy lmaos...
>>
>>63436720
>Hanzee gets pulverized by lazers
>>
>>63436716
Anon...you're just part of The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight
>>
READ UP ON MIDWESTERN CRIME AND UFOS. THERE'S A REASON UFOS ARE IN FARGO. THIS IS BASED ON A TRUE STORY.
>>
File: you.webm (450 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
you.webm
450 KB, 1280x720
>>63436554
(You)
>>
>>63436716
>fargot
You should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>63436703
This tbqh relative. Fargo itself is a big "fuck you" to crime shows. Aliens are just there to symbolize all the deus ex machina shit and the out of place mysticism that modern shows like so much
>>
Lol this show caters exactly to those people who wanted True Detective to end with giant Cthulhu monsters tentacle fucking everything and shitting over the coherent story.

Admittedly S2 has been entertaining though.
>>
What am I missing with this show? It's a good show but I don't understand people talking about it like it's great.
>>
>>63436803
See, the problem is that you wan't the story to be coherent. But there's the rub, the narrator himself says that nobody really knows why so much of this is happening. You can speculate for sure, but you can't really know.

This show is a reaction against coherence, its an embrace of absurdity. Why the fuck do you think that girl was reading Camus?
>>
>>63436439
I almost shut the episode off when the man with the gun started charging the unarmed man.

Like wtf are you doing f am?
>>
What if, instead of aliens, the season had been peppered with small hints and references to Bigfoot? And then, just as Bear was choking Lou to death, Bigfoot suddenly appeared and saved Lou? Would that be stupid?

Because hopefully you realize the aliens thing is equally retarded.
>>
File: ywnhaveher.png (373 KB, 343x690) Image search: [Google]
ywnhaveher.png
373 KB, 343x690
Christ how I love her.
>>
>>63436803
>people bitching about the UFO showing up or trying to rationalize away the aliums are the exact same people who bitched about the ending of True Detective when the Yellow King didn't come to take Rust to Carcosa

there is truly no pleasing these tasteless faggots
>>
>>63436813
It's flashy and easily digestable, it plays to modern tastes for the unknown and cool characters in a nihilistic setting without giving them much to think about. Instant gratification, if that's your bag the shows perfect, if you want more look elsewhere.

Admittedly im finding it to not be so bad save for the obvious filler cabin episode.
>>
>>63436866
You love dumb cunts?
>>
>>63436846
Or Mike quoting Jabberwocky, a literal nonsense poem.
>>
>>63436803
>a recurring theme in the movie and both seasons and the movie is ridiculous coincidences either benefiting or fucking over people
>aliens somehow ruin a coherent story

Okay then.
>>
>>63436803
>Cthulhu monsters
>Not understanding the difference between Chambers and Lovecraft

Pleb as fuck senpai.
>>
>>63436882
I love chubby Dunst senpai
>>
>>63436703
That's a pretty good explanation senpai
>>
File: 1448868294707.gif (499 KB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
1448868294707.gif
499 KB, 245x176
>>63430900
>>
>>63436743
It will be probably something like
>Hanzee catches up on Ed and Peggy
>Lots of running and shooting
>Somehow the Blomquist manage to bring him down but Ed's heavily wounded
At this point:
>Peggy and Ed cherish because it's finally over but ayyyliums come down and clear everything up
Or
>Ed dies as the aliens come down and Peggy goes with them because she gets abducted/she finally goes insane and decide to go with them to find her true self/she has been one of them from the very beginning
>>
File: qtbutchershopphilosipher.webm (3 MB, 980x1080) Image search: [Google]
qtbutchershopphilosipher.webm
3 MB, 980x1080
honestly, i only watched the show for aliens and butchershopfu
>>
>>63436846
I get that man and i dig it.No need to jump on the table to tell me the shows got themes.

>>63436870
Didn't complain.

>>63436895
I bet you wrote that big delicious chunk of bullshit text responding to the guy asking why it needed aliens.

>>63436902
Cool memes.
>>
>>63436858
What, if, instead of a UFO showing up, nothing fucking happened at all. Well, then you'd be bitching about "muh shitty red herrings" and the like, same as when all the symbolism and imagery that all you anons thought was going to lead to Hart's daughter being abused by the Yella King cult, ended up being fucking nothing.
>>
>>63436703
Basically this, overall it makes the show more unique and memorable, its not just another crime drama with the only variable being that it is in rural area. Not to mention the fact that the aliens have always been foreshadowed and now they're here, actually here, here that you know they're here and they're not some hallucination or some euphemism for something else.
>>
>>63430728
Actually, I'm thinking the aliums dropped so low like that to save Lou/kill Bear. Kind of like how they distracted Rye until he got hit by a car. These are advanced beings observing our species. Clearly, they knew damn well that they were interfering with the outcome of both events, so they must have had a reason each time. Best guess I have is that they didn't like all the killing, as Rye was on a murder spree in the first instance, and in the second, Molly was about to become an orphan, and we know how the Aliums are invested in both molly and Cheers man.
>>
>>63436950
By virtue of your original post, you are complaining
>>
File: 1443860180654.jpg (57 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1443860180654.jpg
57 KB, 264x240
>>63435525
>This whole post
>>
File: turnsout.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
turnsout.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>63436680
>>
>>63436929
>she has been one of them from the very beginning

I kind of want this to happen just because of the shit storm it would cause.
>>
>>63436951
>muh shitty red herrings
No, I think it'd work better that way because people are trying to understand and find meaning in an increasingly nonsensical world. People have turned to the supernatural because it deludes them into thinking that there is some kind of meaning or reason that everything is happening.
>>
>>63436973
>trying to give a coherent explanation for the aliens

You've missed the entire point about as hard as you can miss a point.
>>
>>63436985
Read that one more time sport. You got this i know you do you little amateur TV detective you.
>>
>>63437054
>It is wrong to speculate

I know what you mean, but come on, things have have a symbolic meaning and an actual meaning at the same time.
>>
>>63437054

>it's shit on purpose

great point
>>
>>63437096
>lol this show caters to plebby TD babbys who wanted Cuthulu
>entertaining tho

Just because you tried to sugar coat it, doesn't mean it isn't a complaint. You're saying it would have been better if the UFO shit wasn't so heavy handed. That's a complaint, you condescending smug little prick
>>
>>63437146
Dude, they might as well have closed out the episode with I Am the Walrus playing over the end credits.
>>
Link me to the other Fargo threads. I'm on mobile and can't check archives
>>
File: ayliumdistraction.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
ayliumdistraction.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>
>>63437153
Absurdity isn't bad, in fact, it's way more realistic than a coherent story. How many crimes out there do you think are understood completely? Any? Do you really think there's a single instance in the history of mankind where everybody understood everything about what happened?

The idea is that there's some things that can't be understood, trying to do so is a waste of very, very precious time.
>>
>>63437167
It was a simple observation of a show that i stated i enjoy watching you dork. Holy fuck man you don't have to suck the dick of every aspect of a show just because you enjoy it.

Removing the UFO wouldn't have automatically made the show better there were cracks early on that gave away that the show was going to be simple entertainment and nothing more.
>>
>>63435525
Only reddit thinks the big lebowski is the coen bros' best. It's not even in their top five
>>
File: clear.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
clear.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>63437216
>>63422188
>>63427306
>>
>>63437348
The /tv/ poll has the Big Lebowski ranked as the Coen brother's highest film. Fuck off with your reddit meme.
>>
>>63436858
>Bigfoot suddenly appeared and saved Lou?

The problem is that would imply that bigfoot was trying to save Lou, which wouldn't make any sense. It's not like the aliens we're trying to save him and Lou came pretty fucking close to dying honestly. And honestly what would you have preferred to happen? Bear strangles Lou then gets shot by Hanzee/bleeds out, the butcher and his wife are killed by Hanzee, explain to me where the show goes from there? Would you have preferred they just rewrite the whole episode entirely?

>the season had been peppered with small hints and references to Bigfoot?

Also don't you mean that the whole show had been peppered with references to Bigfoot, not just the season?
>>
>>63437348
i've watched big lebowski and probably enjoyed it more than any of their other films but i wouldn't call it their best

it's hard for people on reddit to make that distinction i think
>>
File: 1417717281269.jpg (238 KB, 693x849) Image search: [Google]
1417717281269.jpg
238 KB, 693x849
>>63437267
>im a pretentious douchebag
>i spotted the surefire signs of unbridled plebbery early on
>but im still watching because i find it entertaining, despite previously mentioned earmarks of plebbitry

say what you will m8, its still a complaint
>>
File: mark.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mark.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>63437506
The greatest irony of this post is after you called me a smug cunt you will leave this thread with your meme pwnage thinking you have totally showed me so that you may someday forget this show next year for it's next season and remember fondly how you "totes reckd that hipster" because he made one of those joke things your family is always harpin about during thanksgiving.
>>
jumped the shark

sad
>>
>have to wait a full week for the finale.

this should be illegal. Everyone should adopt the netflix model and release a whole season
>>
>>63430831

WELL, OKAY THEN.
>>
File: hair.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hair.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 363x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 363x425
>>63435232
That scene where Kirsten Dunst stabs Dodd Gerhardt makes my dick diamonds. Those low-angle shots.

You know you feel the same
>>
repost:repost:

I've already explained my theory on BrettyGood but here it is:

We see UFOs twice: after Peggy hit Rye in the first episode and during this shooting.
We also now that the narration is unreliable, the narrator remarks multiple times that we don't really know some aspects of this story.

So the UFO question is simple: we see them only through the point of view of shocked, traumatized people.
Peggy sees one after hitting Rye, nobody else sees it. We've also seen her hallucinate after she stunned Dodd,
Lou sees the second one while being strangeld by Bear. No survivor makes any remark about the UFO (I guess Hamzee will die next episode so he won't be able to tell his version of the shooting). if you think about it every person who looked at the UFO died during the shooting (Bear included). Lou was also being strangled so the lack of Oxygen may have caused the hallucinations.

Don't worry guys, aliens are not canon.
>>
>>63437716

I AGREE.
>>
Did anyone know who sang that CCR cover during the credits? It was fucking great.
>>
File: the-man-who-wasnt-there.jpg (45 KB, 480x236) Image search: [Google]
the-man-who-wasnt-there.jpg
45 KB, 480x236
>>63430674
>>63435124
>>63435593
>>63436222
>>63436858
You people act like UFOs are new to the Coen universe.
>>
>>63437655
>that raw asshurt

The saddest truth of all is that all of your posts reek of an "I'm better than the rest of you uncultured swine" attitude.

I didn't even meme once. I just pointed out that people like to complain. I was speaking more about /tv/ as a whole, but you made the logical leap to assume I was directly addressing you. You took it personally, kid.
>>
>>63437708
To marathon some shows can ruin them.
>>
>>63437716
Is it bad that the head in the bag just looks so incredibly fake? Like I originally thought that it was a fake head at first in the actual context of the show.
>>
>>63436387
The butthurt is unreal. You're trolling though.

Fargo is Teevee god, even pizza knows it.
>>
>>63437655
I just came into this thread, I don't care about this shit show.

I had to say that this is the most reddit post I have seen today. It is like a carefully crafted parody of some teenager seeking upvotes.

Get a trip please.
>>
>>63437776
The story we're seeing is the one told by Hank - the established UFO nut
>>
>>63436902
Who's Chanbers ? I need to know now.
>>
>>63437820
You addressed me directly each time if im seeing things here i'll bite the bullet.

>>63437874
And this here. This hurts i haven't been to reddit in hours.
>>
>>63436667
He's talking about Hanzee obviously.

I bet you the last episode has him encounter a young Malvo
>>
File: yougonnabenice.webm (799 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yougonnabenice.webm
799 KB, 1280x720
>>63437757
>>
im enjoying it but season 1 was better t b h
>>
Any webm guys whip up a webm for the fat Sheriff screaming "No!" then getting blasted clear across the room?

Also I missed it, did Injun kill Mafia jewfro?
>>
>>63437924
>I bet you the last episode has him encounter a young Malvo
I hope they don't pull any of clichéd bullshit like that.
>>
>>63437924
>baby malvo walks in
>"do you really want this,kansas city? "
>>
>>63437913
My first response to your original post, I was not directly addressing you, I was mirroring/somewhat tweaking what you said there and was basically (in a sense) agreeing with you.

But you were too autistic to see that and took it as a personal slight and started the name calling.
>>
File: stab.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
stab.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>63437757
And here's the whole thing because... Why not?
>>
>>63437370
You're a max cutie, you know that?
>>
>>63437924
>hes talking about one specific person

He's talking about the entire situation, as a whole. About Hanzee, about Milligan, about Ed and Peggy, all the mob hits that have gone down. The butcher shop being burned. The endless parade from one crime scene to the next.
>>
>>63437928
>instanterection.webm
>>
>>63437947
Already made this >>63437591

>>63437994
luv u 2 bb
>>
>>63437874
>It is like a carefully crafted parody of some teenager seeking upvotes
>its a reddit parody post

the thought had briefly crossed my mind, but in the end whose the joke on? the guy pretending he's a post ironic hipster from reddit
>>
>>63437986
If tasteless faggots wasn't some quick initial namecalling idk what is.

Maybe its the language barrier im from america.
>>
So did the narration give away the fact that peggy and ed survive this? How else would historians and the narrator know what Hanzee told peggy and ed when he became vulnerable.

Or maybe it's like titanic where story details a narrator would otherwise not know are shown on screen. IDK
>>
File: Fargo 2x09 in 120s.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Fargo 2x09 in 120s.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>Erstwhile on Fargo
>>
>>63438047
You da real MVP
>>
>mfw the opening shot for season 2 now makes sense
>>
Martin Freeman was the narrator, right?
>>
>>63436938
My Camusfu

I wanna read The Stranger together
>>
>>63438060
You told me to carefully reread your post, but maybe you should carefully reread mine. I wasn't calling you a tasteless faggot. If you weren't so autistic you could probably see that I was agreeing with you.
>>
>>63437909
Robert Chambers, he wrote pre-Lovecraftian weird fiction (for a little bit, before he decided to become a huge sellout) He's most well know for a book called The King in Yellow, about a play that makes people go crazy.
>>
>>63438062
Peggy and Ed were being pretty open while the police were questioning them in the cabin. Those details could have been recorded then.
>>
>>63438102

huh? it does?
>>
>cancerfu is gone
>>
You know, the synopsis of this season made it seem like ronald reagan would be a big player on the show. he's only in like 1 episode. not that im disappointed.
>>
>>63438149
3 episodes. Maybe 4, actually.
>>
File: stab2.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
stab2.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: qt 2 tha max.jpg (35 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
qt 2 tha max.jpg
35 KB, 610x343
>>63438138

at least we still have noreen
>>
>>63438120
Thanks a lot. Will check out
>>
>>63438149
>Opening shot of season is Reagan arriving late to the set of the Sioux Falls massacre
Somehow, I think this will have thematic relevance next episode.
>>
>>63438165

I only remember the fifth one. It made it seem like lou would be his bodyguard or somethign.

>The season is set in Luverne, Minnesota, Fargo, North Dakota, and Sioux Falls, South Dakota in March 1979 and follows beautician Peggy Blumquist (Dunst) and her husband, butcher Ed Blumquist (Plemons), as they cover up the hit-and-run and murder of Rye Gerhardt, son of Floyd Gerhardt (Smart), matriarch of the Gerhardt crime family in Fargo. Meanwhile, Lou Solverson (Wilson), a Minnesota State Trooper who has just returned from Vietnam, and Rock County Sheriff Hank Larsson (Danson)[1] are investigating three murders committed by Rye Gerhardt as well as protecting Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan during his campaign stop in Luverne.[2]
>>
Requesting a webm of the Scorcese-esque freeze frames of Hanzee during the shoot out.
>>
>>63438104
>ywn read philosophy with a qt redhead girl while cuddling her under the blankets in a comfy chalet in the middle of heavy snowing, while a fire as red as her sweet face when she watches you burns in the fireplace

Camus was right, existence is absurd and we should all consider suicide
>>
>>63438114
Im not going to sit here and type out why in reply to each of my posts you were obviously overstepping cool kid bounds this string started when it was stated i was complaining when i simply replied that i wasn't
>>
They could do another season set in this time with these characters again hopefully Mike Mulligan lives
>>
>>63438209
The black and white movies in two different episodes. Also the very opening scene of episode 1. They had a different actors playing Reagan. I think Campbell only played him in that one episode that you mentioned.
>>
File: Volgin.gif (999 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Volgin.gif
999 KB, 500x375
What a consistently great fucking ride, the only episode that was weak was E7, the rest have all been gold but these last 2 episodes were fucking Sopranos tier.
>>
>>63438276
>I think Campbell only played him in that one episode that you mentioned.

And he played him in the movie right where Dod escaped, right?
>>
File: freeze.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
freeze.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>63438232
>>
>>63438232
Second
>>
How are Fargo's ratings?
>>
>>63438303
>Sopranos tier
How is this supposed to be a compliment
>>
>>63438364
autist
>>
>>63438364
Here's your (You).
>>
File: Dubs.jpg (12 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
Dubs.jpg
12 KB, 248x249
>>63438333
TRIPS OF GREATNESS
>>
File: 1427097627461.gif (1 MB, 167x170) Image search: [Google]
1427097627461.gif
1 MB, 167x170
>>63438333
So good.
>>
we may have gone too far in a few places
>>
Daily reminder that if you didn't like the UFO, you are a certified pleb.
Stop watching now.
>>
File: deaths.webm (3 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
deaths.webm
3 MB, 384x216
Was bored so I whipped this up. A WebM of all the deaths this episode.
>>
>>63436554
Wisconsin jelly

>>63436703
>Milligan says "okay then"
Ha, he is becoming a true Minnesotan
>>
File: okaythen.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
okaythen.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>63439003
>>Milligan says "okay then"
That entire bit was pretty funny.
>>
File: Malvo.jpg (136 KB, 630x943) Image search: [Google]
Malvo.jpg
136 KB, 630x943
MALVO WAS AN ALIEN
>>
hanzee is gonna die in the last episode isnt he?

fucking bullshit
>>
>>63438181
bothers me that I know this is not the scene where she says that...
>>
>>63438950
p cool dude
>>
File: Fargo.S02E09.00:38:03.jpg (353 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fargo.S02E09.00:38:03.jpg
353 KB, 1280x720
Season 3 confirmed.
>>
>showing aliens
>bad
It's a comedy series, guys. What do you expect?
>>
Holy shit, I didn't expect them to drop all subtleness and go full ayy lmao.
>>
Aren't Deus Ex Machina UFOs the reason we hated Crystal Skull?

Also, how does Hanzee go from being an expert marksman to not being able to hit Lou, Ed or Peggy?
>>
So can someone explain the UFO part?
>>
>>63439654
>Also, how does Hanzee go from being an expert marksman to not being able to hit Lou, Ed or Peggy?

Getting boiling water in your face can do that for you.
>>
>>63439679
>>
>>63439699

is peggy an ayylium?
>>
can i skip s1 and jump straight into s2?
>>
>>63439723

yeah but i dont see why

s1 is really good
>>
>>63439679
They're around. There's nothing to explain. They don't affect anything, and it'll probably end with "humans too violent, let's leave forever" or something in the last episode.
>>
>>63439713
There's definitely something really wrong with her. Like those hallucinations in the previous episode.
>>
>>63439679
The episode was narrated (by martin freeman), so what we saw was all straight out of the book. What they actually saw could have been anything
>>
>>63439654
>we
And no, TKOTCS was bad for a number of reasons.

Also plot armor > expert marksmanship
>>
>>63439746
>humans too violent, let's leave forever

For now. There's hope. If we implied that humans are under surveillance, maybe we're still in baby stage compared to some ultimate intelligent life forms in our galaxy.
>>
>>63436882
shes actualized
>>
>>63436343
So do you think it was dripping stuff because they hide under water/ice? Like those antarctica theories and shit.
>>
>>63439858
they were dripping stuff because Lou was hallucinating while getting Bears spit into his face.
>>
>>63439892

so what was bear looking up at for a straight minute?
>>
>>63439892
Except everyone was seeing it...
>>
>>63438950

>shotgun shot makes you do a backflip and slam into the wall

this is way more triggering than ayy lmaos
>>
Who would win in a fight between Malvo and Hanzee?
>>
>>63439968
Fuc/k/ off.
>>
File: fuuuug.gif (1 MB, 466x350) Image search: [Google]
fuuuug.gif
1 MB, 466x350
Aliens or not this show is fucking 11/10, it is saving television. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRYYgaEBNq0
>>
>alright charlie we're charging you with attempted murder. by the way your father, your uncle, your grandmother, your grandfather, and presumably your cousin are all dead and noreen only likes people who don't try to kill her
>>
>>63439984
Both are professional killers but Hanzee got 'nam experience. Malvo got modern weaponry skills tho

I go with Hanzee
>>
is kirsten dunst hot?
>>
>>63440065
m8...
>>
>>63440051
>Charlie, for the sake of your protection we need to relocate you and give you a new identity
>From this day on, you'll be known as Lorne Malvo
>>
>>63440148

>and we'll send you up that flyin saucer and get them alien fellas to fix your arm so you dont stand out so much
>>
>>63438950
>That ? mark

It hurts but I'm laughing.
>>
>>63439751
She's realized.
>>
>>63440206
>We never found out what she'd realized
>>
>>63439968
It's another Coen reference: No Country.
>>
>>63439349
OH GOD IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3NTFnnaPC8

Well shieeeeet
>>
Is this show better than True Detective S1?
>>
>>63440584
I'd say yes, definitely. Its quality is much more consistent.
>>
File: Peggy Torture.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Peggy Torture.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Peggy Stabby.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Peggy Stabby.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>Tease aliens all season long
>"I wonder where that will lead"
>Actual aliens show up

Well, at least they went all the way with it.
>>
In season 1 when Lou says he was waiting on a porch for not someone but something, could he be talking about that ufo?
>>
>>63440584
Season 2 totally outclassed Meme Detective Season 1.
>>
>>63439993
What does it have to do with /k/? It's fucking physics.
>>
>>63440825
I think it's going to be either Mike or Hanzee.
>>
>>63440737
actual aliens showed up in man who wasn't there, as well.
>>
File: 1419494207458.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1419494207458.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>63439349
>>
WHat a time to be alive.
>>
>>63435672
this
>>
File: 14495756437330.png (551 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
14495756437330.png
551 KB, 1366x768
Here’s a joke told to me by Alaskans on the subject of handguns and grizzlies:

“If you’re going to carry a pistol in bear country, make sure to file down the front sight.”

The typical question from a person of the lower 48 is then: “Why? So you can draw it faster, or it doesn’t snag on your clothes in winter?”

Alaskan: “No, so it doesn’t hurt so bad when the bear shoves it up your ass.”
>>
File: 35678.jpg (98 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
35678.jpg
98 KB, 425x300
>>63441153
>>
>>63441072
Yeah, i know

I wasn't angry about the aliens either. I pretty much had the same reaction as Mike Milligan when he pulled up and saw everyone dead
>OK then...

I mean if you're gonna do aliens, might as go all the way. It's certainly better than if they tried to hand wave the previous UFO sighting away with a lazy explanation, which is what i was totally expecting.
>>
File: 1442240752831.jpg (105 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1442240752831.jpg
105 KB, 640x427
>>63441153
>>
>>63433698
>tornados in the middle of winter
>>
>>63440825
He's already waited out on the porch earlier in the season I'm pretty sure
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.