[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prerelease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: matterreshaper.jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
matterreshaper.jpg
45 KB, 265x370
Who else here is going this weekend?
What are you hoping to get?
>>
As a clerk of a LGS, not many people are interested on the oath prerelease. I should have by now many pre-inscribed players, but till today, noone is pre-inscribed in the 2heads.
>>
>>44754177
Yeah, my LGS also seem to have a problem with getting people excited about it. They still have several ticklets left. Normally they're all sold out at least a week before the event.
>>
>>44753533
I'm hoping to have fun, unfortunately the only people who show up are people who can't make limited decks, kids and 3 people at "my level" but they will probably participate somewhere else. It's usually pretty fun but I wouldn't mind a that new mythic sphinx...
>>
We've actually had a massive influx of players over BFZ. And Both stores in my area are generally running 2HG on pre-releases.

The store in the bigger city was simply full for BFZ pre-release, so this time there are two single tournaments that require you to register before. The shop is in a small building in the old city, so there just isn't room for more than 32 players.

The 2HG tournament had to be moved to launch weekend, which coincides with a small traditional gaming festival.

Additionally, we now have a sports club hosting prereleases on sunday. If the bigger LGS somehow has free slots for the tournament on saturday, I'll be attending three singe events.

On Wednesday there'll be a draft we can enter with our prize boosters, and the festival is just three days tournaments non-stop.

With that many events I'm bound to hit both good and bad pools, but as long as things don't like BFZ prerelease I'm fine. Five of my rares were lands, and I could play none of them. When Ulamog is the only rare you can afford to play, things are fucked up.

Magical christmasland would be getting an eye of Ugin and some big flashy Eldrazi or that insane Sultai Devoid deck I managed to draft once.
>>
>>44753533
>Who else here is going this weekend?
Not me! This set is shaping up to be shit.
>>
>>44755052
>can't even tell when a set is nice and balanced

Everyone point and laugh
>>
>>44753533
As with every prerelease these last few years. Yep i will be going and i don't even care what i got.
>>
I'm going to the 2-Headed Giant casual on the Sunday (I fucking love 2-Headed Giant), and since a few of my friends said they're going to the midnight, I'm thinking of going to that as well.

I'm not expecting to get much out of it, mostly just have fun with friends and potentially luck in with an Expedition, Kozzie, or nice looking foil.
>>
I'm not excited because I dislike 2HG and I don't have any close friends who play a Magic. Bah, humbug.

I'm probably just going to go down the list and order all the relevant cards in the set.
>>
>>44755223
It sure feels as if Wizards moved all the good shit from the planned third set of the block to Oath and then moved all the good shit from BFZ to Oath for good measure.
>>
>>44753533
Interest in my playgroup is nonexistent, so I have no reason to go. May be drafting triple Oath a time or two though, which is more than I ever did with BfZ.

Return sets in general are just sad.
>>
>>44753533
I'm going to play and judge three prereleases this weekend. One of them will be a 2HG prerelease.
It's going to be exhausting and fun.

I'm hoping for at least eight Hedron Alignments in my packs.
>>
>>44755921
In my opinion, this set was severely hurt with the two block plan:

>First set is all about ulamog and his pawns with ingest
>Second set about kozilek´s return and his reality bending monstrositys
>Third set PLANESWALKERS ASSEMBLE!!

Now with the new block plan it was a mess, bringing a new menace and a conclusión in the same block. Pardon my por english, dirty mexican here.
>>
>>44756120
The third set would've been Emrakul's set according to Maro. But it would've probably been a larger set so PLANESWALKERS ASSEMBLE would've been the second theme.

Innistrad will most likely be planned better.
>>
This will be my first prerelease. I'm pretty new to the game, especially on-the-spot deckbuilding stuff like this... So I'm hoping to win at least one match.
>>
>>44756120
I see what you're saying, but I don't really give a fuck about any of the lore past Time Spiral so I'm probably not the one to talk to about this.

But, otherwise what >>44756156 said. Shadows is the first block to be designed with the new structure in mind so that's what should give us the best idea of what this actually means for the future of the game.
>>
>>44756156
>Innistrad will most likely be planned better

I have high hopes for this, please wizards, give us a set as good as khans
>>
>>44756209
>I don't really give a fuck about any of the lore past Time Spiral so I'm probably not the one to talk to about this

They're now designing sets with the story in mind. The choice of mechanics and themes is directly tied to the story and can be understood easier when brought into connection with what is happening to the protagonists and the planes they visit. BFZ's cards made perfect sense when you looked at them with the battle against the Eldrazi in mind.
>>
>>44756182
You'll do fine. Good things to remember is to keep the number of colors your playing low, and your number of bombs and removal spells high. But, most importantly, make sure to have fun.
>>
>>44756120
Not to forget that there is pretty much mechanic connection between the two sets now. It's basicly just Devoid. Most colourless matters stuff is in BFZ, and even the Scion generators are there. Hit a sealed generator and try to build a ramp deck, or a landfall deck.

Sure that, gives both titans a distinct feel, but it feels like you're missing components for your deck. I really hope draft works better.
>>
>>44753533
My LGS only has events on Sunday, and we almost got shat on by WOTC. BFZ saw only 72 kits go to the store, and OGW was originally going to be 54. (Tried to fuck the LGS because FRF was a poorly attended prerelease.)

Luckily the LGS came back with numbers showing stronger overall prereleases with FRF being a rare dud, and players at the store hounded Wizards via feedback that they bumped our allocation to 90 kits. Not perfect, but better than 'lol we only have 9 kits left for the second session' that happened at BFZ. Part of that had to do with expanded prize support (go 4-0, win a Fat Pack at launch, win 1 game, still get 1 pack) and that'll be back for OGW prerelease.

As for what I wanna open? Either 4 Hedron Alignments for top comedy, or the Eldrazi Displacer, Brood Monitor, and Zulaport Cutthroat to go infinite.
>>
how fucked am i if i just go show up for the events without pre registering
>>
>>44756990
Probably very fucked. You're better off preregistering.
>>
>>44756990
Depends on where you live. I have never preregistered for anything but midnight releases.
>>
>>44756990
Depends on the store. If they offer it, best to play it safe and preregister. If not, get to your store roughly 30-60 minutes before registration.
>>
>>44753533
Any cool Kozilek stuff or Ayli as a prerelease card. It feels great pulling something out of the blue that you wanted a lot. Foil bismuth wastes.
>>
>>44753533
I've decided to skip this set after the shit Wizards has pulled recently with the leaks/judges thing and now shutting down casual proxies.
>>
>>44757341
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/daily-magic-update/january-13-2016-update-2016-01-13
>>
>>44754177
That sucks I heard my lsc was having the same issue. I'm not going the set looks like ass unless I get a guaranteed expedition, there's no point.
>>
>>44757484
>>44754177
At our store the 2HG prereleases are always the ones with the most people in it. They draw in slightly more people than the single player prerelease the day before.

Interestingly, it's also the prerelease where people get two packs for participation and that's it. It's all just for fun. We do give people old promo cards as additional prices, though.
>>
I've been doing a bunch of simulations, the mana fixing is a lot better than it was in BFZ, 3 colors (or 2 colors + colorless) shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

I'm typically most excited to see Eldrazi Displacer. The infinite combo will be hard to count on, but paired with any ETB effects on creatures this card can be nuts.

I think the Cohort ability has a ton of potential in sealed/limited. I wouldn't mind going after an ally deck unless I get some real nice Eldrazi.
>>
>>44757424
Another anon has already explained by this is bull >>44756630
>>
>>44757341
>shutting down casual proxies

Are they breaking into your house and stopping you?
By definition, casual has nothing to do with WotC. The moment it becomes sanctioned, proxies have never been allowed.

I'm genuinely asking by the way, how can WotC ban casual playing of proxies?
>>
>>44757424
>Oath of the Gatewatch review: Magic has a new colour of mana. Kinda. | Ars Technica UK | Kyle Chapman

>Well that headline isn't going to confuse players already unsure about colorless mana. Not at all. At any rate, it's still cool seeing a technology, science, and gaming outlet review Magic's latest set.

But it literally is kinda a new color of Magic, just like snow mana. Why are they implying otherwise, like the article got something wrong? They're the idiots who designed one thing then got upset when people compare it to what it effectively is and get confused about the distinction.

This just makes me think they don't know what they're printing and will print anything as a gimmick.
>>
>>44757789
It was a link concerning the proxy thing.
>>
>>44757873
>By definition, casual has nothing to do with WotC.
WRONG! Word of God says otherwise:

>Unauthorized reproductions of our game are a type of counterfeit, and we want business partners to help us in discouraging counterfeit Magic.

>I know that feels crazy, that we regard marker on a card as a counterfeit, but remove the visual accuracy from the judgment – they serve identical purposes when it comes to game play.

Notice the lack of reference to sanctioned tournaments.
>>
>>44757920
Yes, and singing happy birthday is also illegal. Nobody enforces it.
>>
>>44757873
Wotc have a policy of you do proxy behind closed door, we don't care. Then a certain shop decides that they can stream a proxy tournament for the world to see.
Usually people omit these in their angry rant because fuck wotc.
>>
>>44757972
Enjoy your unsanctioned proxy tournaments.
>>
>>44757972
That's actually not true anymore.
>>
>>44757972
When sung publically. You aren't required to pay royalties when singing the song in your own home to your own guests. You are, however, when you sing it in a public place like a restaurant, or the restaurant owner, at the very least, is.

The new directives from Wizards is very much in line with this. In your own home you can do whatever you want. In a store they expect the store owner to keep tabs on the cards being used actually being their product.

Then again, if I was a store owner, and I'm thankfull I am not because customers are fucking obnoxious, I would probably not bother enforcing that rule unless I was certain that Wizards might find out about it and revoke my rights to run events.
>>
>>44758009
Nope, they had articles about proxy tournaments on their website in 2013. Now, stores get WPN status taken away if they're caught allowing UNSANCTIONED proxy tournies.
>>
>>44758081
And the straw that break the camel's back is that one store who streamed the proxy tournament on twitch.
You want to blame someone, blame the asshole store.
>>
>>44758122
WOTC on their own site feature proxy tournies, and a store thinking it's OK, when IT HAS NEVER BEFORE BEEN BANNED IN UNSANCTIONED EVENTS, makes them the asshole? Fuck off.
>>
>>44758122
That doesn't sound like a very "asshole" thing to do at all. I mean, I'm not a very competitive magic player, so maybe I just don't know, but what gave you that impression in the first place?
>>
>>44758009
>>44758122
It's such a stupid thing to do too. Like, when asked on his blog what he thinks about people designing their own Magic sets, Maro always says he's completely for it as it is a good lesson for people who might be looking to get a job in designing games in general and Magic in particular in the future, but if you send him a link to the custom art threads on /tg/ he is oblidged by his contract to tell the management about it and get them involved.

Bottomline, the people at Wizards understand that you use proxies and that you make your own cards and that's fine, but as soon they see it becomes a copyright and trademark issue and suddenly they aren't allowed to allow your fun.
>>
I'm going on sunday as my LGS is only doing it for that day. I have a friend who may or may not be going with me and another friend who is going by himself. I've never been to a prerelease before so any advice?
>>
>>44758253
Jesus fuck, nigga, you understand nothing and you're outraged because you understand nothing. This is just sad.

1) Proxies and counterfeits are against WotC intellectual property if there made after existing Magic cards.

2) WotC employees are not allowed to look at custom cards because it's technically possible for the custom card creator to sue Wizards for stealing ideas. That's why they're not allowed to look at the cards and will tell you they never ever looked at custom cards.
>>
>>44758185
>>44758204
A WPN store doing proxy tourney behind closed door have been going on for ages and wizards will keep turning a blind eye as long as you don't shove it into their face.
Streaming it online, as in, a wizards approved store doing proxy tournament for the world to see is shoving it in their face.
Yeah, 'asshole' might not be a right word, more like 'fucking idiot'.
>>
>>44757972
You can't defend evil with the justification that it doesn't affect you.

Die.
>>
>>44758358
>you understand nothing
I understand pefectly.

>it's technically possible for the custom card creator to sue Wizards for stealing ideas
Yes, and WotC also owns the rights to things like the mana symbols and the fonts used on Magic cards, making the unathorized use of them copyright violation.
>>
>>44758122

>blame the asshole store

No; blame the asshole company that won't reprint cards people would pay them to get.

I know Wizzerds has had it out for Vintage for years, but this is fucking stupid. It's a nut-shot to people who have been playing the game for decades.

What did they hope to accomplish? Sanctioned tournaments are one thing (and you won't see me complain about regulations for those for a number of reasons), but overreaching like this over tournaments in which Wizzerds won't see a dime anyway is ridiculous.

So now I can't play AnT anymore because I don't have three of the cards I need. I can't buy a Volcanic Island from Wizzerds, so why do they care whether or not I buy it from someone else? What possible good would it do to continue brainshitting all over the place by both proscribing and not printing cards for which there's a huge market?
>>
>>44758392
You create evil by wishing ill-being upon others.

Die.
>>
I'll be going with a friend of mine. Asked the LGS owner today how many people registered so far and he was at 42 already, which is a shitload for my LGS considering our FNM's range from 8-18 on average.

Hoping for that sweet-ass promo Kozilek or, what'll probably be even better, Matter Reshaper, Reality Smasher or Thought-Knot Seer in any way, shape or form.
>>
So, it's any chance that Allies are more viable with the release of Oath of the Gatewatch?

We got Make a Stand to prevent wipes.

Akoum Flameseeker and Shoulder to Shoulder to not get too wasted by Card Advantage.

Surely B/W Allies got a lot of things to play with like Onde War Cleric and Cliffheaven Vampire.
>>
>>44755052

>This set is shaping up to be shit.

It's better than the last one, but okay.
>>
>>44758999
Sadly i don't think so. Most of the ally are good but for limited only. The eldrazis are powerful though.
>>
>>44757873
Actually the way they worded it if you allow players to even playtest standard with proxy cards on your tables you can get your Sanc pulled.

Mind you it won't ever happen but that is the rule they made.

Its literally GW "Don't stock our inventory within 10 feet of another companies" retarded levels of rules.
>>
>>44753533
kozilel looks like a power house, green oath, its gonna replace ancient stirrings when it gets banned
>>
>>44758999
I tried a WUR Zada Prowess deck, which was kind of alright, though definitely not on par with fully colorless.

Also gave WR equips a chance, which actually had tremendous tempo and managed to even outpace a good number of colorless Eldrazi decks I played against.
>>
>>44758999
The Allies in this block and dog-shit don't count on it.
>>
>>44757674
Honestly, the combo isn't that hard to pull off.

I put together a basic Abzan deck including Siege Rhino, 4 Nissa Oaths, 4 of each loop piece and some more thinning and can pull it off almost every game while still being strong enough to kill people by blinking shit if I don't get it or things get countered.
>>
File: ruinintheirwake.jpg (49 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
ruinintheirwake.jpg
49 KB, 265x370
Going to Sunday prerelease. Want to pull/trade for the stuff on my G/r Devoid ramp list. Pick related in Foil is what I want to see the most.
>>
Going Saturday at 5pm PST. 2HG, which I am incredibly excited for. Unfortunately it appears that Red and Green are ass but I'm really stoked to play black.
Im thinking of going really heavy into colorless and playing a B0 deck.
Idk if there's already terminology used for "strictly colorless" as being a large part of a deck, so I did 0 as I thought it was a good representation of no colors.

I want Walker of the Wastes and a shit ton of Oblivion Strikes.
Good luck fellow fa/tg/uys
>>
File: wtf.png (1 MB, 1048x880) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
1 MB, 1048x880
Heres a simulated pool from draft.wtf
Time to go full colorless memes
>>
>>44758558
Except you deserve ill.
>>
>>44758409
>making the unathorized use of them copyright violation.
Fair Use, retard.
>>
File: 1449259187916.png (83 KB, 211x244) Image search: [Google]
1449259187916.png
83 KB, 211x244
>>44758409
>I understand pefectly.
>>
any websites to practice sealed pools on?
>>
>>44762517
Do you mean "online counterfeits", anon? But that's illegal!
>>
>>44757317
my nigga.

In actuality, I probably won't pull anything super valuable, so I'm hoping to pull enough removal so my retard aggro will get damage in for maximum ___fun___
>>
File: remorselesspunishment[1].jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
remorselesspunishment[1].jpg
45 KB, 265x370
>>44753533
>Who else here is going this weekend?
I even convinced 3 friends to join me for the 2HG event!

>What are you hoping to get?
Warping Wail, Sylvan Advocate, Remorseless Punishment, Eldrazi Displacer, Nissa's Oath, Hedron Alignment, Goblin Dark-Dwellers, Inverter of Truth, Bearer of Silence, Sifter of Skulls, Thought-Knot Seer, Matter Reshaper, Reality Smasher, Eldrazi Mimic, Ayli, Jori, Stormchaser Mage, Captain's Claws, Corrupter Crossroads, Sea Gate Wreckage, Mirrorpool, foil shit

Some of the crap like Hedron Alignment and Remorseless Punishment I want to brew with a little. I'd like to try a couple Punishments in a Demonic Pact deck - play spells to control the board, then hit their boardstate, hand, and life totals at the same time
>>
>>44758380
Can't you read, Wizbro shill?
>WOTC on their own site feature proxy tournies,
>>
>>44756077
Brilliant. What self exilers do we have?

I want
Octopus bounce and Snapcaster goblin

Maybe some of the new "awakeners" that stick on an ability. They remind me of splicers.
>>
>>44763385
>>44762872
>>44759138
Please keep your bitching to the bitchfest threads.
>>
>>44757920
Actually, I believe it ONLY applies to sanctioned events, just not the kind you're thinking of. STORE sanctioned events cannot use proxies, regardless of whether or not it is a WIZARDS sanctioned event. So long as it's casual play- that is, not in a tournament format or at least not at the FLGS, you can use proxies.
>>
>>44761872
Except it's not necessarily fair use. It's more complicated than that. (Also, not the person you were talking to, I just thought I should point that out if you're going to go around insulting people when you may not understand the concept yourself)
>>
File: Ashayaaaa.jpg (86 KB, 397x581) Image search: [Google]
Ashayaaaa.jpg
86 KB, 397x581
I favor draft to selaed so I stopped going to prereleases since my store started to do pauper drafts for sets.
Basically you draft four 13 card packs (you remove the rare/mythic and basic/foil card from each pack and keep them) so it's an environment where you don't face bomb rares. For Oath it shuld be two packs of Oatch and two of Battle. I hope it will still be done 2vs2.
>>
I don't keep up with things because I'm poor. How did the {} thing work out? Is it just "one mana from only colourless sources" like I expected?
>>
>>44770007
Diamond mana? It's colorless mana. You can pay it only with colorless mana and now cards such as sol ring produce <> mana instead of 1.
>>
>>44770060
Could have sworn the diamond symbol showed up on 4chan. Maybe it was the other diamond? ◊
I'll never understand why some unicode works but others don't.

Anyway, that's what I expected. I like the idea of it. I also like that there's a colourless land now.
>>
>>44769282
You're seriously suggesting drawing a green tree on a rectangle of paper can get you sued? Where the fuck do you live, Spain?
>>
File: 1452114888908.png (158 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1452114888908.png
158 KB, 265x370
wasteland ofc
>>
>>44753533
>this weekend

I guess I wont be going to play modern then. Always a clusterfuck during pre-release. Already pre-ordered everything I want besides Matter Reshaper so I'll just wait.
>>
>>44753533
I'm going but not for the usual reasons. Mostly to trade.

I live out in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere so my card shop is a bit of a focal point for trading whenever a new set comes out.

I'm hoping i can find someone with a few fetches so i can get this goyf off my hands
>>
>>44754747
>Sultai Devoid
Just say BUG you degenerate.

Jeskai, Mardu and to a certain point but not really, Abzan are fine names because they're not already established and easy to say. Patriots/American isn't really that intuitive, Mardu just straight up didn't have a name before and Junk is a specific type of deck (that almost all Abzan decks are, so whatever), but RUG/BUG have no reason to be bastardized into the new names. It's like calling UR decks "Izzet decks" or Atarka Red "Gruul Burn"
>>
>>44758558
It is not evil to wish ill to those who warrant it.

Kill la kill yourself.
>>
>>44758075
>In your own home you can do whatever you want.
Oh wow I sure am happy that Wizards is allowing me to do what I want within the confines of my home.
Thanks to this newfound freedom to not give a shit about them if I'm not actually interacting with them at all, I will surely fall into their fold and worship the ground that their trannies and retard devs walk on.

Iä! Iä! NWO fthagn!
>>
>>44753533
I'm going, hoping to crack some inflated mythic and ship it on Puca. Should be fun.
>>
>>44753533
I'm not going. Sorin is a dick who lied to me about Nahiri and he can die in SoI for all I care.
>>
File: 1450169620475.jpg (37 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
1450169620475.jpg
37 KB, 620x413
i just realized that BUG is best color combination most of the times
>>
>>44780241
Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
>>
Same clerk here from >>44754177

Till today, we only have 4 teams pre-inscribed in the pre-release plus the confirmation of 2 more teams who are playing tomorrow.

To be honest, I'm not a devoted player of Magic (I play most TCG except YuGiOh), but I recommended the owner to get like 40+ OGW packs for this prerelease and seems that we wont have a high number of assistants like in BfZ (18 teams/36 players).

I think I fucked it up. Any LGS in the same situation? What should I do? I dont want the owner to get mad at me.
>>
Card in OP is the only one I hope to pull, pre-ordered all the others I care about when they were reasonably priced. Also as many Wastes as possible. I only need like 6 total to be set for EDH for good.
>>
>>44783424
Expedition hype probably drove it but extra prerelease packages sold for significantly more on launch Friday for bfz here.
>>
>>44785208
Yeah people were speculating the prerelease packages had a higher rate of expeditions at the time so that led to a lot of demand for them.
>>
>>44777756
>blue/red modern storm deck
>maindeck Izzet Charm
>maindeck Goblin Electromancer

>not calling it Izzet Storm

kill yourself
>>
>>44783424
>(I play most TCG except YuGiOh)

which is better, Magic or Hearthstone?

...bear in mind Brian Kibler is now a fulltime Hearthstone player
>>
>>44777756
>being this assblasted and autistic over populist nomenclature
wew
>>
So if it has a waste symbol, you need to tap a waste producing land? This is a tad confusing since the little diamond and colourless are pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>44785612
But anon, they ARE the same thing.
>>
>>44786083
So if I have something that costs 2 and 1 Waste I can tap 3 Ghost Quarter's to play it?
>>
>>44785208

Well, cant deny expeditions made people buy the pre-release packs here, but players in my LGS dont believe in that information anymore.

>>44785501
I played HS, but its not considered a Trading Card Game because of the facts you cant trade cards.

Frankly I dont give a crap about Kibler, but for now, Heartstone is a better game than Magic because you can play if for free. Magic have a problem that I've seen this season and that is the lack of new players. Heartstone gets lot of new players, supported by the Warcraft franchise just like YuGiOh and Vanguard are supported by thier series.
Right now, this block made new players from the Theros/Talkir block to leave the game because of the price to compete. You cant even compete in a FNM event because your deck will be stomped by Jeskai Black and Abzan / GW Megamorph and Ugin Ramp decks, decks that are expensive at the moment. The people lost interest in the game and most new players who had like 1 year playing the game decided to stop playing and since that day..

My LGS runs now FoW tourneys in the same day as FNMs cause the game is a combination of the cancelled WoW TCG and Magic and its fucking cheap, making it attractive to the newbies. I even had to play with a shitty deck at FNMs because only 7 people assisted the tourney last week when I had like 35+ players in a FNM when Theros was still legal. People could bring their Heroic/RDW decks and still had the chance to kick asses while now they cant even do that.
>>
>>44786304
I take it draft is not big at your location?
>>
>>44786224
Consider colorless mana to just be another color along with the rest. Wizards have made it a sixth "color".
ANY card that previously had "tap add 1" on it is now read as "tap add <>".

So you know that a cost of 3UR must be paid by one U, one R, and 3 of any mana type.
With the new "color", a cost of 2G<> must be paid by one <>, one G, and 2 of any mana type.
>>
>>44786791
Alright cheers boss I thought that's how it might have worked, just double checking before going to prerelease in 4 hours..
>>
I swear to God, if I have to sit next to one of you fat fucks expect no extra room next to me, enjoy having my elbow dig into your blubbery arms

Have some self decency, if any part of you spills out of the chair, drop the cards and run to the nearest gym

Thanks
>>
>>44777756
>Patriots/American isn't really that intuitive

Really? I play Zedruu in EDH and pretty much everyone understands what I mean when I say it's an America deck. Maybe it's just an American thing, but the first color combination I come up with when I think of a deck themed around freeing the shit out of people is the good old red white and blue.
>>
>>44787982
Fun fact: In France we also call it Patriot, but because it's blue, red and white.
>>
File: s1.png (2 MB, 1307x627) Image search: [Google]
s1.png
2 MB, 1307x627
good lookin so far on draft.wtf
>>
>>44786304
If only FoW wasn't a weaboo game. The card art makes me cringe too hard.
>>
>>44788173
I figured other members of the Anglosphere and countries with these types of three color flags might be able to understand. Strange, isn't it? The places we grow up in can change the way we see something so small and arbitrary, even something we wouldn't think about like the order we say specific things, yet they still feel like they matter. I'm glad we live in a world where we get to share little details like this so easily with each other, Anon.
>>
>>44787982
I'm European and I get it too, but it's not intuitive in the sense of being an immediate coupling between the name and those colours.

A real American deck would probably be an Azorius/Orzhov hybrid after all :^)

I'm not saying it's a bad name, just saying I understand using Jeskai instead and see nothing wrong with it. UWR is a clunky name and who wants to call it RUW?
>>
>>44786623
People here drafted bfz, but after 3 weeks they stopped drafting.
People are not so interested in the ogw expeditions even when there is a wasteland expedition.
>>
Nah, I've always thought sealed is crap.

I'll draft the day after or something.
>>
>>44789625
Sealed is kinda crap, but the prerelease is a good excuse to meet up with Magic playing friends.
>>
>>44759379

>Looking forward to Rampant Growth but shit
>>
>>44753533

Anyone wondering why there isn't a Jace in this set?
>>
>>44789625
I like it for 2HG which is why I'll be doing this one, otherwise I agree.
>>
>>44788552

You know USA is red, blue and white right?
>>
File: I cropped out my penis.jpg (2 MB, 3309x1789) Image search: [Google]
I cropped out my penis.jpg
2 MB, 3309x1789
What's up bitches, just got home from the midnight prerelease, perhaps the first in the world.
I invited a dickhead mate of mine because he loves to play and quit collecting some time ago. He weaseled me in with a story that he always comes top8 and wins heaps of packs. Motherfucker went 1-3 and only won against this kid who was way past his bedtime.

I made a grixis tempo with heaps of red burn removal, a pretty pivotal Rolling Thunder, black removal spells and a few of those RU haste prowess flyers. Threw in Endbringer and Kozilek for fun because I was already running some (<>). Endbringer was mvp. Card engine, ping engine, can push through the damage if need be. Good shit.
I ended up going 3-1, lost to a good player, made a few misplays on my part. It was pretty much the mirror match lol, but I used the wrong removal because I was convinced he was going to burn me out.

Went against BW lifegain, which did nothing really, won twice fairly rapidly. One match was against a guy I've known for years, old guy who comes with his daughters, and he's generally a good game but he mulliganed to five in the second game and couldn't get the gas back. RW aggro, was super scary in the first game and I only won because of a clutch Flaying Tendrils followed by a Reality Hemorrhage. Was a pity, I much prefer an actual game rather than the RNG falling in my favour for once.
Second match was against what I assume was meant to be GB valuetown, except nothing he had was of particular value. Efficient creatures, but had no card advantage engines and just fell to my constant removal.
>>
>>44791387
three stormchasers. luckyyyy
>>
>>44791387
>3 Stormchasers
>Kozilek
>Ayli
>Tazri
>Crush
>Endbringer
>2 Mimics

Those are some pretty damn good pulls.
>>
Is there anything I can do if the prizes total less than 2 per player?

Is that even a real sanctioned rule or just a guideline
>>
>>44788319
Leaving the weeb art aside, the mechanics are pretty easy to understand and its cool.

>>44786304
I dont think Magic is dying (at least not in Chile). We still have many people getting ready for FNM and Pre-release. What you maybe are right is the lack of new players. I havent seen a new magic player since Khans of Talkir. In fact, my LGS had the BfZ Event Deck till yesterday when an old player bought 4 of them because he needed the Hangerbacks and Guardians asap.

Force of Will is a game that caught my curiosity. Noone played it before, but slowly it got the attention of weebs and some mtg players and now there are tourneys of 8-12 ppl. It might get on the level of pokemon TCG
>>
>>44791387
>BfZ
Why do they even give BfZ boosters during a pre-release of a different set. What's wrong with 6 Oath of the Gatewatch boosters?
>>
>>44794091
It's the second set in the block, it's designed to be played with BfZ. Though this time wizard did a rather poor job seeing that we don't have anymore Ingest/Process and barely any landfall in OGW.
>>
Nothing but junk, most expensive card I got was that Kwhatever, Traitor of Geth.

At least I got some shit for modern though from trading beforehand.
>>
>>44794091
Because OGW is trash and can't stand by itself. It needs BFZ to be workable.
>>
I'm actually wondering about Waste Lands for the Sealed event.

Can you add any amount or are you restricted to the waste land cards that you pull from packs?
>>
>>44796979

As far as I've heard, you're limited only to the ones you pull, but it's also possible that I'm mistaken.
>>
>>44797060
This is how it was. What ever you pulled for the flight Wastes wise is what you had to play with.

Got all them sweet eldrazi that require a Waste to activate mana abilities but no Wastes? You're shit out of luck son better luck next flight.
>>
>>44788292
I have a feeling that X/5s are going to be god-tier this pre-release, what with Grasp of Darkness and all
>>
>>44791387
How's colorless mana and all those colorless activation in the format? restrictive or is it easy enough?
>>
Damn, this looks like TF2
>>
>>44798288
...wrong thread?
>>
>>44798388
Yep, sorry.
>>
>>44792889
>>44792251

Thanks. It felt pretty good. I paid for two places in the prerelease so I'm pretty glad that I got a fair bit of value back. Also, the first foil full art land I've pulled since BFZ came out in some quirk of statistics.
>>44794091
Who knows man. I don't work for Wizards.
Some good synergy between sets though.
Some.
>>44797830
I found myself jumping through hoops a little bit. Wastes don't appear on the commons sheet as often as I'd expected, and I ended up playing a hedron archive and the scrying lamp. I probably wouldn't normally but the passive card advantage from the scrying lamp really helped as did the draw 2 from the hedron archive. I had a blighted woodland, just to make sure I had the fifth colourless producer even though I couldn't have activated it if I wanted to. But I made it work and it wasn't terrible. Went 3-1 like I said.
>>
>>44799480
I'd definitely hold onto those Stormchasers and the mythics.

Ayli is definitely playable in BW or Abzan tactics and Kozilek is bound to be at least above 7$ due to hype for a while.

Tazri might also be somewhat "expensive" due to a lot of people wanting her for EDH decks.
>>
>>44791387
With 3 Stormchasers, did you think about playing a UR tempo game instead of splashing B and C? Stormchaser is a good aggressive card but I don't imagine they work well if you want to ramp up into a Kozilek or Endbringer.

Also it looks like Eldrazi Mimic is about $2 right now. I've got a good feeling about that one, I'd recommend holding onto it for at least a couple weeks. If an Eldrazi deck doesn't break out in Standard by then, it'll definitely be a deck once KTK rotates out.
>>
>>44799712
I did consider it. However, most of my U was pretty poor, there were only like two instant speed control elements in my pool. It ended up being far more BR removal with U splash than UR tempo. Most of my U was shitty creatures and a few of the really poor counters. The removal necessitated my going into black, otherwise it would have all been somewhat conditional or damage based. I think I did right, especially as I only lost to the mirror.
Endbringer was my bomb, he was the top of my curve, but I threw in Kozilek because I'm greedy. And the draw 5-7 with the cast trigger is just backbreaking. The tempo game slowed my opponents down enough so that they couldn't keep anything on the field until I had enough mana to cast him if I wanted.
>>44799644
I wish Tazri were in foil, that would definitely get the edh nerds wet in their panties. Ayli I'm tempted to make an edh with, but I've already got enough damned edh decks.
I'm considering flicking off Kozilek for the twenny bux, but I haven't decided yet. I might wait until early next week for the prices to stabilise and then do some heavy trading. One of the mimics is a foil so I'm hoping that's ok.
Also the origins and some of the BFZ boosters are from silly little games and spot prizes which was nice.
>>
>Go to FLGS
>They aren't doing a prerelease
>They did one for the past sets that I know of ( since KTK )
What the fuck happened? Does Wizards hate money or do they just honestly expect the turn out to be that low that they don't even bother with smaller stores?
>>
>>44800116
Wizards doesn't schedule MTG events. If your store didn't run a prerelease, that was their call.
>>
>Closest LGS is doing Prerelease for $37.90
>Have to travel for an hour to get to a LGS thats doing it for $25

What are your local stores charging these days?
>>
>>44800514
Largest store in Boston does their prereleases for $30. There might be a smaller one doing it for less but I never checked.
>>
>>44800750
30 nzd here. Magic is strangely cheap here
>>
>>44800514
28€

And people are complaining about it costing that much.

And it actually does cost more than other stores in the region, though those involve paying another 15€ or so for the train ride.
>>
>>44800514
$25 USD for the kit + 80 ultra pro shit sleeves + a roll of a d20 to get some extra shit like a deck box, playmat, tshirt, etc.
>>
>>44769177
>STORE sanctioned events cannot use proxies, regardless of whether or not it is a WIZARDS sanctioned event.
That's uncompetitive business practice. How is this legal?
>>
>>44800514
mine is $35 canadian, which is roughly 25 american

the prize support is pretty poor though
>>
someone kill me now, just had a prerelease, pulled one hedron alignment, and an oath of chandra, gideon and jace.
>>
>>44805567
Sounds rough. 0 - 4?
>>
Prerekease in 4 hours!

Any hidden bomb?
>>
>>44756990
most likely you'll be told to leave, a lot of stores are running exclusively 2HG events and with the no singles policy you're pretty much fucked.
>>
Chicagofag reporting in -- 1 our left until they pass out product
>>
>>44758551
wizards can't reprint most of the vintage and legacy staples because they're on the reserved list. Hasbro has made it clear that as a condition of their continued existence, WotC must honor the reserved list. Since wizards cannot generate money off legacy or vintage, they have an incentive to move those to online-exclusive formats, and hype up Modern as the paper eternal format.

Expect legacy and vintage to no longer be sanctionable by 2017, goyims
>>
>>44805882
you what m8?
>>
>>44806054
If you don't bring a 2HG partner, at like 90% of stores you'll be asked to leave, because your presence might trigger one of the other gamer grrls that dragged their cute boyfriends to play the magics.
>>
>>44805786
0-2 dropped after round 2 because it was 2pm and there were six rounds and they always go to time.
>>
>>44756077 here

I opened nothing of value and didn't get any prize packs.
For 21 players we opened two expeditions: Wooded Foothills and Flooded Grove.

Biggest blowout I had to face was Deceiver of Forms with a revealed Bane of Bala Ged. It didn't feel very nice to be on the receiving end for that one.
>>
>>44806054
>>44805882
>>44806099
Yeah, no. At our store we specifically tell people to come even when they don't have a 2HG partner because they will find one there. It's a nice way to get to know new people.
>>
>>44806488
>>>/tv/
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>44753533
Just got home after prerelease. I got a bunch of cool stuff.

Too... Tired... To... Elaborate...
>>
>>44800514
18€ only. I even got a discount too.
>>
>>44763243
What on the world do you want to brew with Remorseless Punishment?, It must be one of if not the very worst rare in the set.

I got two of them at prerelease.
>>
>>44806907
Show faggot
>>
>>44800514
35 maple bucks
>>44800750
Shit, you play more than maple land
>>44802402
>tfw i wish i got all that
>>
File: kozi.jpg (46 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
kozi.jpg
46 KB, 540x960
>>44753533
I got dis
>>
>>44808221
Holy shit
>>
>>44800514
25 Euro, including 5 Euro card for the restaurnt we play in.
>>
>>44808600
nice dubs, my powerball luck came late
>>
Call the Gatewatch
>no planeswalker
Corrupted Crossroads
Shit pool. Currently sitting at 1-2.
>>
File: both are foil.jpg (461 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
both are foil.jpg
461 KB, 1600x900
Well I went 2-1 because of a bye and my opponent getting mana screwed. My pool was fucking garbage, Captain's claws as my promo, i got like 20~ creatures in total in my pool so i had to jam grixis + colorless garbage to even have a playable number of creatures. At least prize packs are a thing.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>44807879
I really like the design of the new boosters, very thematic.

Srry 4 Spanish.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>44810009
It's not Kozi but hey, I wanted to get my hands on a playset of these.
>>
>>44798288
You're not that far off if you think of booster packs as crates and foil mythics as our unusuals.

If TF2 looked like a draft though I could imagine a game mode where everyone has to unbox a crate then play with the class their weapon/hat goes with.
>>
>>44810009
>I really like the design of the new boosters, very thematic.

Unless you're a new player and assume the planeswalker on the pack is representative of the contents...
>>
>>44812260
You could make that argument for nearly every pack of Magic cards in existence.
>>
File: IMG-20160116-WA0005.jpg (80 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160116-WA0005.jpg
80 KB, 960x720
Friday night release ;)
>>
I got a promo Kozileks Return. what do you guys think? keep or sell?
>>
File: IMG_20160116_174556392.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_174556392.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
Post your pulls
>>
>>44755052
your joke flew way over everyone's head.
>>
My promo was Oath of Nissa, which I traded someone for 2 FNM promo Path to Exiles

I also pulled a Reality Smasher and a Thought-Knot Seer

Went 0-3 because I'm terrible at limited
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I sold the tec edge for $35 because of the damage to the top from the pack
>>
File: OGW Prerelease Deck and Cards.jpg (4 MB, 6688x2368) Image search: [Google]
OGW Prerelease Deck and Cards.jpg
4 MB, 6688x2368
Went 2-1-1 with this deck (Played a different deck for my first loss)

Overall not bad, tie was due to a mirror match with a guy who was new to prereleases/MTG

Pulls were pretty good, got a Thought-Knot Seer and Crush of Tentacles from my prize packs.
>>
File: 20160116_194921.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160116_194921.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>44813255
Went 3-3 and won one pack which contained the expedition (and Hedron Allignment).

Eldrazi Displacer was the fucking MVP today.
>>
The only people posting pulls are ones who actually pulled something worth taking a picture.

Don't let this thread fool you people, 90% chance you pull shit at the pre.
>>
>>44815343
Displacer is insane in Limited.
Gratz senpai.
>>
>>44809883
Personally I'm ready for a promo Hedron Alignment.
I will unironically play it and go 0-4 though.
>>
sparkmage's gambit is a pretty good combat trick
>>
>>44815343
Hah, you tell me. Shit helped me win more than a game. Still, you know what really, REALLY pulled its weight in every single game?, Dazzling Reflection ( that and Wall of Resurgence & Munda's Vanguard though less so).

I really think Dazzling Reflection could become a staple in Standard after yesterday. I mean, of course Limited isn't anything like constructed, but I can't stress enough just how damn helpful it was.

Will post pulls later.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 265x370
>>44815344
As someone who went 3-1 and won 3 packs, all I can say is don't go to these events expecting to pull big or great, my limited pool was amazing, (don't sleep on visions of brutality my friends) but ultimately my most worthwhile card is bearer of silence, when your only mythic is inverter of truth, you kinda just have to go in for the gameplay aspect to still enjoy yourself.
>>
>>44815344
Well Prerelease isn't just about getting good value out of pulls. If you can make a good deck out of what you get and top then you have a chance at winning a ton of packs, which you can choose to open or sell yourself for value. I'm sure that 90% of people won't get an expedition, but its not like you can say that you didn't get your money's worth, depending on what your store charges of course.
>>
>>44815638
All pulls from pre + some boosters I bought + some trades here.

It was a good FNM.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>44818152
Shit, forgot the picture.
>>
>>44810025
I pulled this promo too -- should I drop it it like it's got or is it gonna rise?
>>
>>44818187
>2x Remorseless Punishments

Fuck, I feel sorry for whoever you pulled those on.

Lucky for me I negated one during one of my rounds.
>>
File: 1445494196722.png (94 KB, 1445x695) Image search: [Google]
1445494196722.png
94 KB, 1445x695
>>44757873
They can't, legally.
Problem is, they weren't trying to ban you for playing nonsanctioned proxies, they wanted to pull your LGS from WPN for allowing you to play with nonsanctioned proxies in their store.
Getting pulled from WPN means they basically can't get new inventory from Wizards and can't deal in Magic anymore.
"Wait", you might say, "how the fuck can that in any way be reasonable or justified by any terms of conditions? There isn't a legal ground for that kind of retardation even in Tel Aviv"

Unfortunately, Wizards holds all the cards (figuratively and literally) in the relationship. If they wanted, they could just stop for absolutely no reason and there's really nothing that can be done to stop it, so stores would be strongarmed into stopping people having fun

Thankfully even the modern mongoloid crowd that still pays for Magic found that feat of kikery unkosher enough to kick up a fuss, and they backpedaled a million miles a minute and pretended they weren't the happy merchants they obviously wanted to be
>>
File: 20160116_002616.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160116_002616.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Pulled an Arid Mesa last night in my prerelease box. I became the party of the store. Then I traded it in for an Imperial Raider box for X-wing because I don't play competetive magic or red/white and had no use for it.

I'm very content. :^)
>>
>>44791354
What the fuck are you even trying to say?
Yes the American flag is red, white and blue, but "American" as a name does not convey "we're actually talking about the colors of the American flag".
RUG delver for example is also called Canadian Thresh.

The Azorius/Orzhov hybrid thing was a joke about how the US is a police state ruled by kikes, so if it were American thematically as opposed to because of the flag, UWB would make more sense.
>>
>>44818339
Its an interesting card that could be used for a variety of purposes. I think you should hold on to it.

Its price will depend wether someone finds some kind of exploit and how to abuse said exploit. If it finds its way into a good deck it'll raise and a LOT.

Otherwise it'll slowly drop to the 2.5€ range and then keep itself around there just by virtue of being THE one white Eldrazi, which means its gonna be sought after by collectors for being an oddity.

Really, you could just sell it but what are you gonna get for it?, 5, 6 bucks tops?, Really, such a small reward isn't worth not taking the risk and waiting for a rise.

For example, I tried selling my World Breaker right away, but I could not. Then I checked online and saw that it had gone up in price a fair bit (why I don't really know).

>>44818434
I did not use them, I played W/U instead because it had far better commons, uncommons and synergy.

I ended up 4-1-1, tying with another W/U control deck that timed out in the third round and a loss due to severe mana flooding.

I could have won the tourney if not for my shitty luck.
>>
>>44819302
Congrats doe.

A couple folks pulled a couple expeditions too. Lucky folks. The dude besides me pulled a promo Chandra and a foil one, lucky bastard.

PD: The new Chandra packs quite the punch, even if she's so damn costly. I could see her working in some bizarre RB / Jund / Grixis Living End deck.
>>
>>44800514
$60 for 3 tourneys
>>
Did a midnight prerelease; went 1-3. I didn't get enough cards to have any sort of real synergy or strategy, which was unfortunate. I am more upset by what I pulled.

>Needle Spires (promo)
>Bearer of Silence
>Stoneforge Masterwork
>Overwhelming Denial
>Brood Butcher
>Beastcaller Savant

Ah well.
>>
>>44823103
I also got a General Tazri.
>>
>>44808221
My brother got the same. I got a shitty Sea Gate wreckage and 2 fucking Hedron Alignement
>>
File: deceiverofform[1].jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
deceiverofform[1].jpg
45 KB, 265x370
>>44753533

Went 3 - 1
Lost my last game of the day when I managed to pull literally every land in my deck while my opponent just ran me over with actual cards.

Still kind of happy, the only playable rare I got was Deceiver of Form but I still manged to create a working Jeskai control/flyers deck with just mono-decent cards.

Walked away with 3 extra packs, pulled a Eldrazi Displacer which I'm happy about.
>>
I'm too new, literally played with friends decks, but just ordered some decks and cards separately and made up an imaginary deck in my head. Would be nice to go to one of these, but the places where I live are pretty shit...
>>
Went 4-0 with based Bant colors
>>
>>44753533
I got this
>>
File: Itkeepshappening.png (1 MB, 1209x635) Image search: [Google]
Itkeepshappening.png
1 MB, 1209x635
REMOVE
E
M
O
V
E

I can't deckbuild for shit
>>
No expedition, but I did get a pack foil Thought-Knot Seer which was great in my mostly colorless B/R deck. Any ideas on what it's price trajectory will be? It's looking to be a huge card in standard and modern.
>>
>>44825343
>huge card
>modern
>being a newborn babe left for death in winter
>>
>>44825219
>8 creature
>return to valakut
>4 bismuth needy card
>2 bismuth producer
yeah good luck with that.
>>
>>44825657
Screencapping for posterity, so you'll know how fucking retarded you are in a few months.
>>
>>44825864
I had 4 more bismuth lands that got cut off by the crop.
>>
pulled kozilek and chandra, which was weird because those were two cards i was hoping to get.
>>
i went red/blue/black Eldrazi

it was a machine that could not stop fucking. it fucked the enemy and did not stop. it fucked the enemy to death.

so many retards going muh allies, muh lifegain, muh value

eat SHIT
>>
>>44825219
>Only 8 creatures

Why on earth would you make this? What color were all your creatures in?
>>
>>44826718
BG
>>
>>44826918
Would probably have been worth going BG then if you had no other creatures in any other color.

You also have plenty of removal in Black so you could stay in two colors without a problem. Don't need to run Chandra just because you have her.
>>
>>44791387
>Goblin Piledriver
JUDGE!
>>
>>44800514
32 beaverbucks tax in for the one I go to. Khans and the few before that were 28 then its been 30 until this one. Prizing is 2.5 packs per person down from 3 as of bfz because dollar dropping reasons.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 640x752) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 640x752
Went 3-1 with a UBC Devoid strategy. Got this shit in a prize pack.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 200x285
How much is a promo one of these guys worth? I thought he was nothing special but apparently normal foils are going for around $20.

Also, which cards are expected to rise or drop in value? In terms of potential money cards, I got two Mirrorpools, two Reality Smashers, a Thought-Knot Seer, a foil Overwhelming Denial and a foil Jori En, Ruin Diver. Which should I hold onto and which should I sell ASAP?
>>
File: 1391649615988.png (343 KB, 566x357) Image search: [Google]
1391649615988.png
343 KB, 566x357
>>44827120
I would have but it was all utter shit. Still, I'm learning right?
First pre-release ever tomorrow afternoon. Hyped as fuck to sit in a basement with smelly neckbeards to play a children's card game.
>>
File: Rip.png (113 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Rip.png
113 KB, 223x311
Shiny land. Oh its this.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 252x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 252x354
Played B/G/R Eldrazi, went 2/1/1.

Only card I really wanted is pic related (eager to try it as a one-of for my modern Affinity) and I opened it in my first prize pack. That new one-mana Naturalize for artifacts/enchantments with CMC 3 or less may replace the Wear//Tears in my Affinity sideboard, too.
>>
>>44827646
Whatever you do, make sure you shower at least.

Also, read this, I scanned it just for you.
>>
>>44827742
Thanks anon.
Showering was a given anyway. Including after.
>>
>pull more eldrazis than my opponent
>win
nice game wiztards
>>
I basically got fuck-all in in the rare/bomb department (my heart fell when I saw not one but TWO copies of Zendikar Resurgent and an battle-land for my weakest color pairings).

My teammate for 2HG was also a novice of the game, and I mostly had to do back-seat driving for him.

However our pools were similar, and we both basically built the same B/U eldrazi aggro decks. Overall we did much better than I expected us to and finished in 9th place out of 26 teams. (so close to top 8 that it hurt)

Pic related were the core of our decks.

Biggest MVPs were sky scourer and gravity negator. Sky scourer basically had at least +1/0 to +3/0 every fucking turn to colorless spells and bonesaw. Bone saw->equip bone saw->play another colorless spell happened a lot.

Kozilek's Translator and Gravity Negator were sky-bros flying through the air together a lot. Translator and Essence depleter let us ping the opponent on both our own turn and our opponent's turn.

Dampening Pulse fucked up so many people's shit. Holy fuck it just took a massive dump on people's boardstate. Between it and the colorless lords in both our decks, anything short of a bomb just couldn't profitably interact with our dudes.

Surge if fucking crazy good in 2HG. Containment membrane basically shut down a lot of bombs for us. That surge sphinx is crazy if you have any (we only had one between us).

Slaughter drone and Malakir familiar were rattlesnakes that kept better creatures at bay.
The following play happened pretty often to great effect.
Teammate: "I'm going to play bonesaw or other cheap aggro card"
Me: "ok. I'll surge comparative analysis and have you draw two cards"
Teammate: "ok. Thanks for the cards. I'll immediately do something with them with all these untapped lands"

Essence Depleter was useful on his own, and also synergized with my Malakir Familiar and some of the weaker "lifegain matters vampires" in my teammate's deck.
>>
File: thank maro.png (232 KB, 687x762) Image search: [Google]
thank maro.png
232 KB, 687x762
My boy and I 3-0-1'd. I was on Dimir control and he played Gruul aggro, which is fine for me 'cause I usually fuck up the all-in nature of combat strategies.

We had like two rares between the two of us decked. The rest were unplayable garbage. But he had enough allies to synergize, and I had enough removal and counters to deal with the bombs that we couldn't match.

One on one sealed is still total lucksack garbage, though. At least ten pack 2HG mitigates the luck factor.
>>
File: mind_blown.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mind_blown.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>44828224
>cont
Highlight play of the evening was a play that made my inner Timmy squeal with joy.

A game durdled on waaaaay too fucking long with clogged up boardstates on both sides. Eventually our opponent's came to the conclusion "ok. Our board state is better. We can safely win the damage race."

We chump blocked with the absolute minimum number of creatures to survive, then resolved Part the Waterveil for its awaken cost.

>our opponent's faces when
>>
>>44827646
I've won off of "I've got nothing" before.
This one I "Green Black Bullies" This set seems to be low in powerful creatures so the 3/5s 4/5s / 5/4s were the biggest dudes around until the final when they ran into a 6/8 that flings from the graveyard.killed it with the deathtouch bat but lost the other 2 after that.
>>
>all these people pulling kozilek
>want a kozilek
>pull shitty angel and a bunch of other garbage in my set
>get wiped out by people who pulled good
pretty shit for a first prerelease desu, not impressed by limited at all
>>
File: 20160116_235140.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160116_235140.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
I mean I got these

Pretty good right
>>
File: attempt2.png (1 MB, 1209x632) Image search: [Google]
attempt2.png
1 MB, 1209x632
>>44828379
Another attempt, this time with a more balanced pool. Did I do good senpai? [spoiler[ Not pictured: some of the colorless-lands and one of the duallands they just printed. [/spoiler]
>>
i managed to win one game by milling my opponent, i got high fives, all in all not bad
>>
>>44828336
thank you maro
>>
>>44828539
Would drop the Expedition Raptor since you aren't creature heavy, which the support ability needs.
Otherwise the deck seems to be pretty tempo, not bad. Crush of Tentacles will be excellent if you surge it late game.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 1136x640
More gas than a petrol station m8s
>>
>>44828224
Sky Scourer was my MVP too, that and Fall of the Titans which anyone can tell is bonkers in 2HG when you get to just deal a billion damage with surge. We went Red/Black aggro for me and Blue/Green control and finishers for my partner. It was awesome, I wish we had more surge cards because they were indeed the absolute nut.
>>
>>44829295
Some friends of mine made top8 on the back of Fall of the Titans.

It's disgustingly powerful in 2HG.
>>
I did pretty shit, but opened two Thought-Knots, those should be worth some cash soon, right?
>>
>>44829520
Yeah we were losing one stalled game and eventually I had literally every land from my deck in play and surged for x=15 to both players and one-shotted them, it was pretty filthy.
>>
>>44830148
They're nearly worth $10 now, they probably cap out at $15 if they're sickeningly good in standard and then slowly climb up to $30 max over the next four or five years if they're actually good in Modern (I can virtually guarantee it won't see a reprint unless Wizards radically changes how they reprint things ASAP).
>>
>>44830344
Hmm, it might be tech against Tron? I don't think anyone's going to make much of it.
>>
Going for 2hg tmr, any advice? Is cohort worth it if we manage to get a decent stall deck running?
>>
File: 1452986016984.png (123 KB, 644x635) Image search: [Google]
1452986016984.png
123 KB, 644x635
>I bought a Nissa from a guy at my LGS for 17 dollars
>I traded him a promo Stoneforge Masterwork (6.00) for a promo Oath of Nissa (22.00).
>>
>>44831019
Not really, the only good ones are the +1/+1 counters for the team and the token making one, if you don't have either and/or General Tazri don't bother trying to make Cohort a thing. Any of the surge rares/mythics - and even most of the commons/uncommons - are absolutely bonkers in 2HG so always play them.
>>
>>44824517
Actually, one question about this card, "at the beginning of combat phase" means once a turn regardless of attackers being declared or not, whenever I declare an attacker or after blockers are declared?
>>
>>44827597
See >>44819559 regarding Eldrazi Displacer.

Of what you got the Reality Smashers and the Thought-Knot Seer are certainly gonna rise. A lot.

Overwhelming Denial you gotta sell now. JoriI don't know. Its a weird card in that it needs you to play a lot of spells, which empties your hand and in turn makes it hard for the effect to activate. Luckily it's not like that terrible pyromancer enchantment in that it fills your hand to give you some gas to go on. It being so cheap helps too.

On one hand it could be forgotten by everyone and be yet another <1€ Legend, on the other it could find a way into some important decks as a way to provide a lot of early card advantage, even if its dead weight later on.

Luckily for it, its in the perfect colours for its use. Both Blue and Red have strong card-drawing spells to keep your hand with cards and rely on a lot of small, very cheap spells, be it creatures or, more commonly, instants.

Mirrorpool I don't know. I can't remember what it did for the life of me.
>>
>>44832226
Mirrorpool is going to be an EDH staple, expect it at $5 minimum.
>>
>>44831019
cohort is fucking shit. I turned a match around that I should have lost because my opponent was tying up all his creatures trying to do cohort things. Cohort does far too little for the amount of resources it ties up.

What you want is Surge. Surge everything. Some of the anus mana stuff is alright too.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.