[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG Leaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/learning-opportunities-2016-01-13

>As we considered each appeal, it became apparent that the situation wasn't as clear-cut as it initially seemed. This was due in part to how we at Wizards manage previews for new sets in the social media–connected world. While the content of previews obviously needs to remain secret until unveiled to the public, we feel we can do a better job of being clear about when the preview season starts and help players more easily identify what is an official preview versus an unauthorized leak.

tbqh this sounds more and more like a conspiracy.

I'm still convinced the Kozilek, Wastes, and Mirrorpool leaks were initiated by Wizards and Maro.
>>
File: 635732708496389605.jpg (928 KB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
635732708496389605.jpg
928 KB, 2340x4160
>>44752718
>I want to state here unequivocally that we do not let cards leak out in any sort of sneaky way online. We don't drop them somewhere for a random fan to find and we don't orchestrate "leaks"; we officially and overtly give previews to partners or post them via our own channels, and that's it.

>implying pic related wasn't a planted "leak"
>>
>>44752794

there have also been cards from future sets inside of boosters.
>>
>>44753405
Oh, right The WB angel from Conspiracy was in a booster pack, right?
>>
>>44753405
>>44753466
They said "in any sort of sneaky way ONLINE".

Although I bet that's not true anyway.
>>
>>44753589
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/129192880288/wednesday-november-18th-2015-prepare-yourself

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/133172063743/five-days-remain-plan-accordingly#notes

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/133305372973/less-than-72-hours-ensure-your-affairs-are-in#notes

>date matches the leaks and Mirrorpool is exactly the kind of doubling card Maro loves

Although I could imagine Maro not telling Wizards about this "leak"and just leaking it for his personal amusement.
>>
>>44753466
Yeap and it was hype. Fun summer format. I wish we had those 2 times a year.
>>
>>44754044
I'd be homeless if there'd be any more regular MtG releases for each year.

Also, signs point to Conspiracy 2 this year.
>>
>>44754088
You can skip a lot of them doe. I only get some event decks and fatpacks. Summer products remind me why I like mtg between monitoring price jumps in modern/standard and getting rekt at tourneys.
>>
>>44754088
>signs point to Conspiracy 2 this year.
what signs?
>>
>>44756072
Conspiracy 1 sold very well and they seemed to like to have a booster set with eternal staples in them. Modern Masters can't be printed every year. But Conspiracy can be fun AND have good cards in them.
>>
>>44756117
Then maybe not Conspiracy but a different casual format (a la Planechase, Archenemy, EDH) that can be a booster set like Conspiracy. So it might not have conspiracy cards (it could have a new wacky card type or none) and it might not even be multiplayer oriented (though other casual summer sets have been).
>>
>>44756181
I'm still putting my money on Conspiracy 2: Return to Time Spiral. We need ore Dominaria and reprints with place/people names.
>>
>Ha Ha we're Wizards
>fuck the players, these PR disasters don't matter
>oh shit the prerelease is this weekend and people are saying they're not buying any product because we keep shitting on the community
>backpedal.exe
>>
>>44756117
Conspiracy 2 will be one of the few things that could actually get me buying magic again. Conspiracy is only beaten by triple khans in the best draft formats I've played.
>>
>>44756278
I really, really hope those fuckups learned at least SOMETHING from the shit they pulled this time. I really hope next time they ask questions first and THEN shoot if they don't like the answers.
>>
>>44756117
>Conspiracy 1 sold very well

This may mean nothing, but every store in my area still has sealed boxes of Conspiracy. It did well for about 2 weeks, then the novelty wore off.
>>
>>44756407
Wizards probably made way more money off of it than with Planechase or Archenemy, though.

Our store sold all Conspiracy displays two months ago. We had occasional drafts from time to time.
>>
>>44756213
If it is literally Conspiracy 2016 Edition, even it will either be in Dack's plane again or a new/unvisited plane.

Fingers crossed for Muraganda.
>>
>>44756488

I don't think Muraganda would flavorfully fit the idea of the conspiracy set.
>>
>>44756530
It's got the most demand of any plane that can never be in a regular block, besides Kamigawa.
>>
>>44756488
I'm for Dominaria because it could be about different people or dragons, one in particular trying to regain power in the ruined wastelands of the plane.
>>
Lessons learned

>ban first, ask questions later
>dont apologise for fucking up
>only do the right thing when being a dick might affect your bottom line
>make concessions only when you need to distract people from something worse

Fuck you WotC. I'm not buying your shit any more, I'll still play but I'm going to use proxies .
>>
>>44752794
Maybe an accidental insert? If so, then it's WotC's fault.
>>
>>44756630
>>only do the right thing when being a dick might affect your bottom line
So let's boycott them over this and every other time they've deliberately or carelessly screwed the players.

>I'll still play but I'm going to use proxies .
Don't forget Cock. Another way WotC tried to fuck us.
>>
>>44756554

Just saying I don't think a plane where civilization barely exists is a very good fit for a set themed around political conspiracy.
>>
>>44756911
Tribal pacts and treaties? Deals between colonisers and wars of independence? Use your imagination.
>>
>>44756630
>proxies

I think you mean counterfeit cards, anon.
>>
>>44759667
Quite so.

Fuck Wizards.
>>
>>44756630
I'm too out of the loop, what atrocities did WotC commit?
>>
>>44759667
Writing "Tarmogoyf" on the back of a forest in sharpie is literally the same as buying Chinese fakes.

If they're the same, and since one of these two will let me have a chance to enter tournaments, I should buy fakes.
>>
>>44752794
if it helps, my leaks were from a recycling plant
>>
>>44765876
Last month they banned all but one judge in a large chunk of America for being part of a Facebook group that circulated some OGW leaks. Everyone told them they were full of shit.

This week they told stores that they would lose sanction if they allowed any kind of proxy use in their stores. Everyone told them they were full of shit.

Yesterday they realised that a good portion of the community was angry with them just before prerelease weekend. So to distract us, they put out an article saying that they were unbanning some of the judges and that it was the community's job to police leaks.

They're still full of shit.
>>
>>44766033
>any kind of proxy use
Do note that this includes players scribbling on lands with sharpies and playing in casual games that just happen to take place in a store. Even if the player owns a copy of the proxied card five feet away in a binder.
>>
>>44766116
Do you have an underground sea in your legacy deck, but want it in your EDH deck?

Dont you dare write underground sea on a junk common and use that. You might as well take it out of your legacy deck really, we're going to kill that format if its the last thing we do, you should really play standard.
>>
>>44756117
>Modern Masters can't be printed every year
It should be, though I'd almost be willing to accept alternating sets like Conspiracy with Modern Masters.

Almost.
>>
>Be captain of the SS Magic
>sit in my comfy chair as we cruise around
>crew member comes up to me looking sheepish
>apparently there's a leak
>some passengers found the leak, and told everyone about the water sloshing about and showed it to them
>ohshit.jpg
>we could try to stop the leaks, but the boat is big and I'd have to get out of my comfy chair
>have the passengers who told everyone keelhauled
>tell everyone else that if they find water it's their responsibility to bail out the water and tell the crew
>threaten to make them walk the plank if they let anyone know about the water
>sit in my comfy chair, knowing I'm the best captain
>>
>>44756557
could be the elder dragons being reincarnated again, with bolas there to slap their shit.
>>
>>44752718
>we feel we can do a better job of being clear about when the preview season starts and help players more easily identify what is an official preview versus an unauthorized leak.
And we can ignore it because not your fucking employees.

Elaine and Helene are the worst thing that has happened to MtG, a couple of stuppid, meddling, neurotic cunts who think they work in Marvel where IPs are more important than the product and not in a motherfucking game company.

They're worse than fucking MaRo and that's scary as fuck.
>>
>>44767485
Maro is just a jew being himself. these people are the typical american sociopaths that make up corporate top branches.
>>
>>44766033
>they put out an article saying that they were unbanning some of the judges and that it was the community's job to police leaks
Reminder they also ban'hammered the "leak police"
>>
>>44768103
even the cop gets in trouble
>>
>>44758132
No, he's completely right. Wizards would never use it as the setting for a Conspiracy-set. If we do get a supplemental product set on Muraganda it will have some other theme than political intrigue.
>>
>>44767506
To be fair, maro has a lot less power than it seems. It's corporate blindly killing without regards that's the real issue.
>>
>>44752794

Oh hey, lets ignore that Maro leaked Mirrorpool because it doesn't help our narrative
>>
>>44765898
According to WOTC, yes.

Unless you're a judge doing the former. That stops it being intellectual property theft.
>>
>>44768103
>>44768380
Snitches get stitches, bitches in ditches
>>
>>44767485
Who are Elaine and Helene?
I've been out of the loop since like, New Phyrexia.
>>
>>44767485
>Elaine and Helene are the worst thing that has happened to MtG, a couple of stuppid, meddling, neurotic cunts
Couldn't happen without consensus inside the company. Don't confuse the symptoms with the disease.
>>
>>44752794
Oh, hey, that's my LGS. Owner has it displaying in the case still.
>>
>>44766648
Elder dragons don't reincarnate.
You're thinking of the OTHER shard dragons, the Primeval Dragons (Rith, Droma, Crosis, Darigaaz, Treva), who have nothing to do with Bolas and his siblings and cousin other than 'being dragons' and 'being shard tricolor'
>>
>make homebrew UR deck utilizing surge and the new OGW cantrips
>Enter competitive room on cockatrice
>Lose 2 times, first time to severe manascrew ( literally 2 lands out of out of about 13 draws ), still manage to get him to 1 life
>Second time lose because he killed both creatures I drew, and was drawing mostly spells
>Get kicked

Why are people online so elitist? My deck consistently wins even against T2 decks, but because I happen to get unlucky twice in a row that means my deck isn't competitive and I'm a scrub.
Fucking stupid.
>>
>>44774265
Unless they got put in because Daddy Hasbro thought Magic could do Better in some regards.
>>
>>44766116
This is why casual kitchen table is best format.
Want to try out the original dual lands? Maybe see what the power nine could do mixed in with cards from Origins and BfZ? Sure, it's stupid but why not? Fire up the printer, bitch. A printer, a basic land and some sleeves and there are no limits anymore.
>>
>>44766033
Yeah, WotC a huge steamy shit, but what can we do about it?

We can't do something like boycott them because, well, we like Magic. And if we don't buy their products they won't make the thing anymore.

Its an infuriating situation really. WotC's practices should have consequences, but anything that could be done against them will ultimately affect our hobby negatively.
>>
New article on the mothership

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/proxies-policy-and-communication-2016-01-14
>>
>>44778374
so tl;dr:
-WotC knew what their policy on this stuff actually was, mistakes were made
-"playtest cards" are fine as long as you aren't using them in a sanctioned event
-"We're totally not the spawn of satan, guys, please don't stop buying our cards!"
>>
>>44778526
*Wotc didn't know what their policy was.
>>
>>44778526
Doesn't that put them back where they started though? I'm confused. I may have to actually read the article now.
>>
>>44780584
Yeah, basically there was much ado about nothing because Wizards employees are slaves who want to impress corporate.

Fuck my what a depressing company.
>>
>>44778374
>Enjoy Oath of the Gatewatch Prereleases this weekend!
o i m laffin
>>
>>44754044
Seconded, Conspiracy is perhaps the most fun summer gimmick they've ever come up with. It needs to happen more often.
>>
>>44777992
Magic doesn't have a true direct competitor, is the problem

They can do whatever they want
>>
>>44781418
It's not that, I don't wanna give up Magic for some other card game so I wouldn't favor that hypothetical competitor.

The thing I want is a way to pressure WotC without negatively affecting it.
>>
>>44781131
Depends, conspiracy was an amazing set to draft with 4 friends.

I drafted at a store once and it was the shittiest experience of my life god damn.
>>
>>44781937
Magic is strong enough as a brand that it won't immediately go under due to a single boycott. hitting the bottom line is the only real way to get a corporation like WotC/Hasbro to pay attention to you.

The real problem isn't that "the hobby would be negatively affected," the problem is that too many MtG players are helpless addicts who will willingly gobble up whatever shit WotC feeds them just so they can get their next hit, or casuals who just want to smash their timmy creatures together with their friends without having to think too hard, and don't give a shit about how the company treats longtime players.
>>
>>44780663
>Fuck my what a depressing company.

WotC is a shit company to work for. Ever read the glassdoor reviews? It's no wonder it's a cesspool of shitty, incompetent people.

Like the father of a family with 2 children who willingly took a fucking 50% pay cut to work for Wizards (= 70k $ yearly lost for him), but he says this pay cut is okay since he can free draft now. Literally full retard.
>>
>>44777992
All Magic needs is a tournament scene and player ranking system independent from WotC.

With this they can go fuck themselves with their stupid policies because you're not reporting your events to them and they can't do shit about it because letting people play the fucking game is cheaper than actually paying for publicity no matter how much the corporate drones that are dragging MtG's bottom line down acting like they work at Marvel say the IP is more important than the game.
>>
>>44780584
It's the only competent PR person backpedaling hard as fuck because the other two idiots thought browbeating their primary costumer was a good idea.

Trick needs to get fired and Helene needs to have her twitter privileges revoked.
>>
>>44782038
I had fun at the LGS making spikes hyperventilate because their precious price pool was at the mercy of stupid people and political meddling and no ammount of hand shuffling or rules lawyering was gonna save him.
>>
File: 1404672161935.jpg (219 KB, 700x978) Image search: [Google]
1404672161935.jpg
219 KB, 700x978
>>44782181
I read all of the Glassdoor reviews after seeing your post, and no fucking wonder MTG has had shit product for the past 3 years.
>high school environment in middle/upper management and HR
>30-40% less pay for the norm of the area that they have their offices
>All of management passes blame, and tries to look important with tons of meetings (think Dilbert)
>only advancement is available to higher ups.
>HR deals with conflict with punishment and favoritism
>complete tech nightmare, and fear of any tech advancement, over-budget bulky mess of software (anybody that plays MTGO knows this)
>Marketing/Advertising has waaaay too my sway over departments that they nothing about, and have little to no knowledge of D&D or MTG
>Huge layoffs of lower employees due to mismanagement
>Most non R/D employees are shit tier due to low wages
>Hasbro is trying to play boss, but has no idea how to deal with MTG.
>couple of instances of managers firing someone for nothing, and then stealing that idea for themselves.

After all that reading I see that unless you are in R/D, you're miserable, over worked, and fearing for your job. Or you're an under qualified douche playing the corporate game.

It's a shame. I spent all this time, money, and learning something that I really liked, to have it stagnate. I went from spending thousands of dollars a year on this hobby. To not even wanting to pick up more than a couple boosters a year.

There won't be a need for a boycott, they'll eat themselves.
>>
>>44782181
>but he says this pay cut is okay since he can free draft now.
This is only OK if you can draft as much as you want.
>Go to online
>fire up ALL the drafts
>draft deck, then drop
>Sell cards
>>
>>44765876
Well for one they baned a man over something that happened years ago because one fagot was a sore loser but to be fair that one reaked of hasbro
>>
>>44787347
Pretty sure WotC employees aren't allowed to do that.
>>
>>44787665
Then he's a fucking mongoloid, since 70k (before taxes) accounts for about 2333~ packs (at 3 dollars each).
That's 97 ~ drafts per year.
That's a draft each days.
With you bringing EACH BOOSTER TO THE DRAFT FOR 8 PERSONS.
>>
>>44781937
Yeah the problem is that unlike warhammer and 40k magic is still a good game so there crab doesn't bite them on the arse like it did for games workshop if magic starts getting shitty rules like warhammer did it will go under in the same way.
>>
>>44787656
Basically:
>Guy loses and goes saltgod
>Other guy is a felon
>He's now permabanned
>Chaplin (also a felon, whose main witness died "mysteriously") is ok since he's face of magic :D
>>
>>44786692
If your talking about all the ads where there should be tokens they have cut back on that lately

The rest of that stuff though holy shit
>>
>>44787713
A felon who did his time, and has since been a model citizen and has had his rights restored. But that's not really relevant to the thread.
>>
>>44787712
>Magic is still a good game
Hilariously, the only truly good formats in comparison to competitors' products are the Eternal formats which WotC has just straight up ignored the last few years. Hopefully WotC's crappy new direction just steers clear of Legacy/Pauper
>>
>>44782181
>mfw he didn't get divorced
Female cowardcucks are a rare thing to behold but it does not surprise me those are the women these nerds end up with
>>
>>44787712
Yeah...no. That's a load of bullshit. It might have been true a decade...or even 5 years ago. But it isn't now.
>>
>>44752794
>>44774321
Wait, what's the story behind it?
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.