[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 1438595415750.png (1 MB, 775x502) Image search: [Google]
1438595415750.png
1 MB, 775x502
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous Thread: >>43684462
>>
>Expanded summon monster
>Howler is on the 4th level list
>Summon evil monster
>Howler is on the 3rd level list
ITS GOOD TO BE EVIL
Its less good when you roll a 1 on your will save and get cursed by the monster you summoned though.
>>
>>43694092
>instigate psychic duel

So how do psychic duels even work, anyway?
>>
Have you ever played a Motherless tiefling?
What did they look like, and how did others react to them or their heritage?
>>
>>43694147
I wish the Derghodaemon was on a lower level list than 9, I like them.
>>
>>43694169
Not very well, it's the best single target disable in the game.
>>
>>43693751

They're not "true" psionic dragons and are their own thing that I had to write b/c Third Dawn. They can be ignored. In fact, I encourage you to do so for this project.
>>
>>43693819
>>43693840
>>43693843
>>43693885
>>43693912
Okay, so make a mile high club in space. That's a good use for a second orbital platform.
>>
>>43694169
Someone post the laughing elf edit of the psychic duel, because that's literally how it works unless the other person is psychic or a caster
>>
>>43694169
Basically both of you stand there like assholes being vulnerable to attacks, but allies can shake you to give you a will save to escape it.

During the battle on each of your initiatives you sort out whats going on in the duel. Basically in the duel you have your gear (or rather your mind copies your gear) and your stats, but instead of normal combat you can only do a few things like attack, summon a manifestation etc. Various class features, stats, spells etc can be given up to get points plus people have a base pool of points and you can use these points to boost things.

The general idea is casters spend lots of points, martials just have higher hit/damage anyway so they go hurr durr what are points and pound away at you forcing you to burn points to protect yourself.

All in all it is grappling, except instead of aid another giving a +2 bonus it gives a reroll.
>>
File: It's an abstract kind of lelf.jpg (372 KB, 775x502) Image search: [Google]
It's an abstract kind of lelf.jpg
372 KB, 775x502
>>43694225
>>
>>43694210
Well if the archetypes turn out alright ill probably submit them to DSP so you can print them all off and laugh at me together. You know, using the printer in the office you all have where you all work together in the same building and make lots of money and have light-hearted office shenanigans where Jeremy Smith asks you why the reports aren't done and you tell him you already emailed them but he doesn't know what an email is and then your kids embarass you whilst Jeremy is over for dinner and your rival gets the big promotion instead of you but somehow you maintain an upper middle class lifestyle without ever getting any pay raises or promotions in a manner that clearly suggests where you live Ronald Reagan was never president and the economy is booming.

Stop me if my accurate rendition of your life is freaking you out with how close it is to the truth.
>>
>>43694301
I'm sorry that Gareth triggered you autism
>>
>>43694301
I'll... just let you ramble, then. I'm moderately sure none of us are in the same TIME ZONE. There was an offer a while back to bring us all to Japan for a bit, it would likely be the first time any of us met in person if it happened
>>
File: 1431230229959.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1431230229959.gif
387 KB, 269x270
>>43694301
Brah I was trying to save you some work. Didn't mean to seem dismissive.
>>
>>43694323
>>43694349
It was a bad joke in which i describe a situation as far from the truth as possible.

I mean come on, the only way i could have been more sarcastic is to pile on smiley faces or write "this is sarcasm". I described the plot of every sitcom ever.
>>
>>43694384
Right, I was saying you're autistic because you brought up the plot to every sitcom ever in a situation where no one mentioned a single sitcom.
>>
How do I make a good homebrew?
I was thinking about making half-proteans and half-inevitables because there has been a small amount of discussion over them, but I'm extremely unfamiliar with both advanced rules and homebrewing in general.

To out it in perspective I played my first game of pathfinder last week.
>>
>>43694380
I didn't think you were being dismissive.
>>43694396
The sitcom references are just there to make it clear its a joke. I'd say you were the real autist, but nobody else seems to have gotten it either.
>>
>>43694450
Write it, use it. Realize its terrible. Fix it. Use it again. Repeat until it works.

Then when you are done with that, get other people to look at it and use it. Then fix their complaints. Repeat that until you feel you are done.
>>
>>43694450
Just browse the d20srd website for a while to get a good feel of things.
Then play some more.
Once you're comfortable with the system, then start looking into homebrewing.
In the mean time, try getting someone here to do the brew for you.
>>
>>43694472
>I'M NOT AUTISTIC YOU'RE ALL AUTISTIC.
>>
File: 1445358835235.png (422 KB, 820x680) Image search: [Google]
1445358835235.png
422 KB, 820x680
>>43694472
Have you ever heard of "trying too hard"? Because that's what you did. That's why everyone thought you were just having an autism attack. Perhaps you're less funny than you think you are.
>>
>>43694450
Play more Pathfinder. Realize that the reason people make homebrew is to add something that you can't do in Pathfinder.

Find something that you want to be in Pathfinder that isn't and try to add it in.
>>
>>43694450
First? Get some system mastery. You won't make good homebrew if you don't know the inner workings of the game.
Second? Find something that is close, or an analogue to what you want to build, and use it as a base for comparison.
>>
>>43694512
There is literally no content in the joke except that its tryhard. Its meaningless banter with no content. I never thought it was very funny.
>>
Has anyone written sphere archetypes for 3pp classes?
>>
>>43694147
Hell yes, it's good to be evil.
Non-evil folk would have qualms about trapping souls into gems for extra gold. They'd have even more trouble with cursing souls to oblivion by using them as material spell components or as crafting materials If I told them that's how I made their items, anyway

But then again, oblivion might be a better afterlife for some of the folks.
>>
>>43694683
I'm working on one for the Harbinger, because I'm working on connecting it to the Weather sphere.
>>
Ever get that problem choosing what to play when you join an ongoing dungeon?
>>
>>43694756
No.
I never get to play.
>>
My DM wants to run the updated Pathfinder Tomb of Horror at 10th level. The only problem is Core only classes ;_;

Can't convince him otherwise, so I guess I'm playing a Wizard. Since there's a very good chance that I'm going to be running it solo eventually, how should I build?
>>
>>43694756
The answer is always wizard, and I always get put in by a teleportation mishap. And, after the last mishap, I always buff before teleporting.
>>
>>43694807
Does core only mean core rulebook only or is he okay with any pazio material, like a wizard archetype?
>>
>>43694807
People actually use Tomb of Horrors?

It'd be more expedient to just rocks-fall the party in chargen.
>>
>>43694823
What happened last time?
>>
Any leaks from the new Bestiary then?
Or the Occult Origins guide to liching up in this bitch?
>>
>>43694824
He said just core classes only, so I'm assuming feats and archetypes from other books are totally allowed.

>>43694836
My DM loves hating on the party. I want to outwit and destroy him.
>>
>>43694494
>try getting someone here to do the brew for you
Would anyone do that?
speaking of homebrews, there should be a collection of /pfg/ homebrews
>>
>>43694868
Occult Origins was last month broh
>>
>>43694908
There is in the unified pastebin. Right now it's two custom classes and a discipline.
>>
>>43694908
I should sort my shit out and post it in a more organized manner at some point.
>>
>>43694868
Plenty of B5 stuff has been posted here.
We'll have it all tomorrow anyway.
>>
>>43694897
Instructor wizard.
Free int scaling leadership and more Wizards than is possible comfortable
>>
>>43694916
Shit, Occult Realms.
I know what I meant. Lich-thing is all I need
>>
>>43694970
>>
>>43694807
Instructor Wizard with a useful familiar, focused mostly on summons but obviously ready with flexibility to handle different situations.

That way, you're never alone if you don't want to be.
>>
>>43695018
awww yiss
>>
>>43695046
Shit, and I just told myself not five minutes ago that I'd totally remember to take my name off if I went and posted in a thread where I didn't need it. Sorry about that.
>>
File: 1441932355182.jpg (78 KB, 479x900) Image search: [Google]
1441932355182.jpg
78 KB, 479x900
>>43695018
Oh Holy Shit.
I can make those DCs.

Welp, thanks my nigga, brb, going to go find somewhere spooky to transcend.
>>
>>43694868
Around 2-3 completely knew player races.
Asomi, which are featureless and jet black with no faces
Because they have no faces, they eat by absorbing a food's essence, leaving it useless and probably tasteless
Shapshifting conspiracy lizardmen which is really weird since I had the idea to homebrew them once
>>
>>43694966
>>43695046
Don't know if Leadership will be allowed. If not, what should I do?
>>
>>43695197
Probably fold out, since that would mean your DM is not only saying you can't use the majority of available PF material, but also banned some stuff from Core.
>>
>>43694908
but for real.though would anyone do that
the fact that they don't exist has been eating at me for a while
>>
>>43695262
Okay but I still want to play the game.

Should I just go full Conjuration?
>>
>>43695018
Question: I was just reading about Occult Rituals, and it looks like there's not actually a correlation between the level of the ritual and the level of the caster. In fact, you don't even need to have caster levels to cast a ritual.

Does that mean a level 1 fighter could become a Lich through this ritual, provided they can pass the skill checks?
>>
>>43695316
Yes.
Good luck with the skill checks though.
>>
>>43695355
Apparently the more people you have 'helping' though, the easier those checks are.

So you just need a LOT of people.
>>
>>43695316
>>43695355
>>43695420
Let's find a place to start.

A Lore Warden gets 4 + Int skills at 1st level, and all Int based skills are class skills.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/lore-warden

He chooses Human as a race, assigns his 15 to Int, and raises it to 17.
1 skill rank + 3 to the trained class skill + 3 for the Int modifier raises it to +7 total.

How do we get it higher at 1st level?
>>
>>43695420
As a level 1 anything how can I get all of Golarion to help me become a lich?
>>
>>43695506
Still need to have enough money to make your phylactery.
>>
>>43695506
Go with the poorly worded "Comprehensive Education" trait for a hefty racial bonus
>>
>>43695577
... wait, hold up. That is easily the stupidest, worst written racial ability I've ever seen.
>>
How to advance in age categories quickly?
>>
>>43694301
if it means anything, I chuckled
>>
>>43695740
There's an outsider that ages you on an attack, summon one of those.
>>
File: cap1.png (148 KB, 466x328) Image search: [Google]
cap1.png
148 KB, 466x328
>>43695577
I-.. wat. Holy shit that needs to be fixed.

At first when I read it I understood it as a +1 Racial bonus to knowledge skills they get from their class. But with how this is worded, a Lv.1 Human Wizard can get a +10 Racial bonus every skill. +11 if Knowledge (Martial) is on the table.
>>
>>43695552
The Lore Warden can put one of the extra skill points into Craft (Alchemy) and build a Garden, for an additional +8

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qO_xb3s3X_w18Pa2z2uf3fvmXYf9CJC8z2hi1TSbl3g/pub
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/downtime#TOC-Rooms-and-Teams

My math might be wrong with this.

With the Garden and skills, he gets +15 to his Craft (Alchemy) checks.
Taking 10 will result in 25 on the check every day, generating 2.5 gp/day.
The phylactery is 120,000 gp.
120,000 / 2.5 = 48,000 days = 131 years, 6 months, and 5 days.

We should make that level 1 Lore Warden an Elf.
>>
>>43695552
Get a king to do it as a favor for saving the kingdom.
>>
>>43695807
If Downtime Rules are on the table, then once you cross 5k or so it starts accelerating rapidly
>>
>>43695807
Half Elf for a skill focus and iirc they live longer than 150 years
>>
>>43695987
Yes, but not by much.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/description

>>43695850
I don't think a level 1 fighter is going to pull that off.

>>43695978
I didn't see that part in the Downtime Guide.
>>
>>43694450
Speaking of the missing half outsiders, what you guys expect them to be like like, fluff or rule wise
>>
>>43696099
>hire a really shitty assassin to kill him
>kill assassin in front of him
>make bullshit story of his deadlyness
>"Thank you, brave adventurer, is there anything I can do to repay you?"
>>
>>43695758

Which outsider is that?
>>
>>43695807
I can see it now. It carries on for that long, and then he goes to do the ritual.

>"Wow, Steve. Accruing enough money for a Phylactery at level one?"

>"Don't you do it."

>"That's the sort of accomplishment that deserves some-"

>"Don't you dare-"

>"-Exp! Welcome to level two!"
>>
>>43696146
What does leveling up have to do with anything?
>>
>>43696136
I think it was on of the daemons or an aeon.
>>
>>43696173
It's a challenge more than anything, to get it done at level 1.
>>
>>43696136
Bythos Aeon.

aeons are neat and I am so glad I decided to learn about them after needing to research crazy stuff for a character backstory
>>
>>43696179

Most of the aging strike abilities don't seem to allow the bonuses from advancing age categories.

Plane shifting to the time of plane seems like a way to do it, but it's pretty dangerous.
>>
>>43696130
If he's shitty enough to be fooled by a level 1 fighter, and then also defeated by a level 1 fighter, he's probably not a good enough assassin to get to the king in the first place.
>>
>>43695807
2.5 gp/day by working EVERY SINGLE DAY all day long and not spending anything. Is it possible during 131 years straight? The correct answer is obvious: no.
>>
>>43696099
5k is when you start making decent businesses, which generate gold more quickly than one guy working alone.
>>
>>43696233
You'd make more than that with Profession checks.
>>
>>43695791
Bruh.

Lore Warden gains all Int-based skills as class skills.

If Kn(Martial) and (Psionics) are on the table, that's +12.
>>
>>43696662
I don't think there's anything stopping you from spamming classes that Knowledge (All) for a few levels. Lore Warden, Bard, and Wizard just off the top of my head. Cleric with the knowledge domain, maybe? Four level dip for +48 to all skills.
>>
>>43696233
8 hours anon, people do that all the time.
>>
Hey /pf/ i need yoir help. Im about to start a new campaign and most of my players are new. They are rolling wizard, alchemist, witch and druid. I was thinking of crafting spell cards to make it easier for them, but i dont know how to start. Is there any software out there to make this task easier?
>>
I just realized why i thought Psychic Duels were good for martials when they aren't. Martials have way better AC, hit points and chance to hit, so i concluded that a caster would be spending points to catch up with what a martial already does.

Then i found the damage dice section. Martials will be dealing 1/4 its hit dice in d4s. Martials will hit every turn, they will be harder to hit with good saves and AC, but they will do jack shit damage and the caster will nova. Fucking Paizo, should have just made the base damage equal to a weapon attack and had you spend MP to add more damage ON TOP OF that.
>>
>>43696692
You know what? I think you're right, though most GMs would probably stop you right then and there because that is a ridiculous abuse of an already way-too-broken trait.
>>
>>43696696
The Lore Warden still needs money to live off of.

A few months ago, someone posted a group of 4 aasimar elves that ran a pastry shop for a downtime rules explanation. Does anyone have a screencap of that?
>>
>>43696696
No. Nobody works every single day of their life.
Also, people always need to use some of the money they gain for three things:
- Surviving
- Entertaining
- Getting through unpredictable events
Bacisally, 90% or your money is spent that way, unless you gain obscene amounts of money for your amount of work.
>>
There are some high level aristocrats in pathfinder and its easy to imagine a master shipwright or something has a high level expert, but what is a high level commoner?
>>
Okay, bit of advice time.

My aegis is currently 4th level and has Initiator's Soul, with Riven Hourglass and Elemental Flux as the optional disciplines.

Also she's ranged.

Is there another discipline that would work well in place of either of those two? I'm liking being able to pump out 2d8+X (topped out at +11+2d4, average is +5) every round, with the occasional Minute Hand for an extra potshot or Harmony Shattering for +1d6 from every ally.

On the other hand, Riven Hourglass, while fun, feels kinda... I dunno. Weird. I don't know if I'll be able to use it as well starting next level, when flying will be a permanent thing.
>>
>>43696793
To live comfortably in a house with enough food and medicine to survive and have some entertainment costs 10 gp a month. In four days you make the amount of money you will spend for the entire month.
>>
>>43696733
Paizo fucking over martials? Say it ain't so!
>>
>>43696793
>>43696846
Farmers. Farmers work every single day, taking care of animals, their fields, keeping up with maintenance on all of their equipment, etc. Most of their money is spent on things they cannot grow, and the rest is spent on more things /to/ grow.
The only times farmers aren't working is when they're sleeping, transporting their goods, or when they're dead.
>>
>>43696807
A village elder
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-6/village-elder-half-orc-commoner-8
>>
>>43696827
Are you planning on 20 aegis?
>>
>>43696730
I hope the druid is willing to use his animal companion and the other people are willing to summon monsters to keep pesky melees away from them. Though to be honest witch will probably leave saves low enough for the others to CC everything.

I think there are phone apps that have spell lists, you could direct your players to those. I know paizo sells lots of item cards and the like but they probably aren't worth the money.
>>43696855
My first read of it i missed how the damage worked, so i saw all this manifest stuff as special effects you add onto what is essentially a core attack (it even talks about keeping relevant items) with a cool description. Fuck me, this is bullshit. At least monsters can still use their SLAs to just slap the casters shit and kill him in a single turn if they try this.
>>
I heard Occult Origins had a ritual which made you cast Summon Monster 11. Sarkorian god summoning or something. Is this true?

I want to be spinal tap.
>>
>>43696896
I'm planning on Aegis/Hawkguard, though the final level split I'm not so sure of.
>>
>>43695308
Cavalier 4/ Eldritch Guardian Fighter 2/ Shadowdancer 3/

Take the horse master feat so your cavalier mount progresses at full hit die.

You'll end up with an animal companion that progresses at your full hit die, a familiar that has your BAB, saves, skills, and half your hit points, and a shadow companion that uses your BAB, saves and half your hit points.

Give your familiar the sage and figment archetypes and you'll get a slew of extra skill points for it, it can never permanently die, and you can variably shape evolution points on it for huge skill bonuses where needed, like UMD.

After this point, you can do whatever you want as long as you keep your BAB highish for your shadow. I like the idea of going back into fighter with the mutation warrior and martial master archetypes tacked on, or maybe start with magus so you can get the utility of some spells and spell combat

It's not quite leadership, but it can be a pretty powerful combo done right.
>>
File: 1443853600103.png (1 MB, 960x1425) Image search: [Google]
1443853600103.png
1 MB, 960x1425
>>43697020
Have you tried going Aegis/Hawkguard/Emperor :^)?

In all seriousness though, if you're sticking with range, Solar wind is really good, and has a couple of boosts in there that'll spike your damage once you get into rapid shot/BAB iteratives.
>>
What are some good prestige classes to get into as an order of the sword cavalier? Third party is allowed but limited to what's on the PRD.
>>
>>43697154
Mammoth Rider.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/mammoth-rider
>>
>>43697154
Chevalier is a nice, short and sweet one, if you tend to fight Evil things.

Slap down a Smite Evil and a Challenge on the big bad and go ham on 'im.
>>
Bah, just saw the core classes only part. Well, that rules out cavalier, but you can still get the shadow and familiar.

You could get an animal companion through other means, like mad dog barbarian, and use boon companion to keep it at a relevant level, but it won't quite be at full level progression for level 10.
>>
>>43696975
"Waking the Drowned God"- You basically sacrifice yourself to call "Tychilarius" back. He's a CR23 psudo-god.
>>
When can you get your own shadow as a familiar?
>>
>>43697184
Meant to link
>>43697083
>>
>>43697204
At the 3rd Shadowdancer level
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/shadowdancer#TOC-Summon-Shadow-Su-
>>
File: 2huRedRan.jpg (323 KB, 900x1100) Image search: [Google]
2huRedRan.jpg
323 KB, 900x1100
>Kitsune with the ninetailed feat line do not get an extended lifespan
>the ninetailed scion archetype does not grant extended lifespan for the 9th iteration

What the fuck's the point?
>>
When you get a prestige class, does that become your new class or do you have to separately level up two classes?-
>>
>>43697333
When you get a prestige class, you get everything from level 1 of that prestige class and add it to what you had before. From then on, you can take a level of the prestige class OR any other class you qualify for, like the base class you had before taking the prestige class.
>>
>>43697202
It's a great ritual for a BBEG to use. You either fail to stop them and fight the Drowned God, or you win and the BBEG gets sucked into hell.
>>
>>43697202
But someone said there was a reference to "as the spell Summon Monster XI"
>>
>>43697176
This actually fits pretty well. I intended on him being a not-Paladin, but now I can basically be a Paladin without being a Paladin. Thanks anon!
>>
File: 1438193750925.jpg (205 KB, 1379x1000) Image search: [Google]
1438193750925.jpg
205 KB, 1379x1000
>>43697326

Anon, if Paizo was actually willing to use Kitsune like they're portrayed in folklore, they'd be a non-playable race and probably tied to the Kitsune goddess Daikitsu.
>>
>>43697381
When you level up prestige, do you still "gain a level"?
Do you trade out that level to get new powers, or have you gained a level+getting prestige stuff, if I'm wording that right?
>>
>>43697430
Just did a quick search for "summon monster" and nothing about "XI" came up, sorry.
>>
>>43697493
You don't trade anything out.

Say a Hunter goes into Mammoth rider. he has ten levels of hunter first. When he takes Mammoth rider, he becomes an eleventh level character, with 10 levels in Hunter and one level in Mammoth Rider. He has the powers and abilities of a level 10 hunter and a level 1 mammoth rider.

It's just like multiclassing, except that prestige classes require you to qualify for them first, the same way multiclassing into paladin would require you to be lawful good.
>>
>>43697493
You have "gained a level" of just the prestige class, sadly. Let's say I'm a 10th level paladin and take a level in Fighter. I now have the class features of a 10th level paladin, and the class features of a 1st level fighter. Now replace "fighter" with a prestige class.
>>
>>43697493
It's the same as taking a level in anything else.

Class abilities that say 'level' generally only work off that class' level, unless specified otherwise.

So if you were a Fighter 10 and a Chevalier 1, you'd have the powers of a level 10 Fighter and a Level 1 Chevalier.
>>
>>43697544
How the fuck does prestige qualifying even work?
Can I go into a prestige class that requires 5 ranks in Knowledge: Buttfuckery at level 5 or level 6?
>>
>>43697581
Level 6.
>>
>>43697581
Level 6. As you need to have the skill ranks before you take the level of the prestige class, and you choose your class before choosing skills and feats each level.
>>
>>43697581
using Mammoth Rider as an example, here are the requirements:

>BAB +6
>Handle Animal 9 Ranks, Ride 9 Ranks, Survival 5 Ranks
> Animal Companion with an effective druid level of 6 or higher.

as you must qualify for a prestige class BEFORE taking it, you must be level 9 to achieve those rank 9 skills. therefore, you'd be able to enter at the earliest at level 10.
>>
>>43697581
if you qualify, then next time you level up you take the prestige class.

I don't see why this is so difficult. just read the fucking book
>>
>>43697460

>Huldra are non-playable
>Selkie are non-playable
>Every folklore creature out there is non-playable

>Kitsune are playable race
>Tengu are a playable race

Did they really need to release new playable races exclusive to Tian Xia when they didn't do the same for Garund or specific parts of Avistan (shouldn't LotLK get Huldra?)
>>
Here's a queston for you /pfg/

What monstrous race would you like as a playable race?
And how would you balance it that it won't send warning bells to your DM that it might be op?
>>
>>43697802
Kobolds. I would like for kobolds to be a playable race.
>>
File: araara.png (544 KB, 509x512) Image search: [Google]
araara.png
544 KB, 509x512
>>43697802
Not a clue.
>>
>>43697802
Denizens of Leng
>>
>>43697802
Dullahan
No stat bonuses or penalties.
The head and body both share senses and proprioception. i.e. the body and head always knows the location of each other.
>>
I want to make a halfling dragoon fighter. Any feat recommendations?
>>
File: 1447646539085.gif (1004 KB, 258x200) Image search: [Google]
1447646539085.gif
1004 KB, 258x200
>>43697849
Thankfully DrowAnon is based and let me take non-ass Kobold stats.
>>
>>43697802

I actually wouldn't mind playing a Huldra, I could see it being a solid race for classes like Paladin or Sorcerer (Being, I imagine, a class that gets a +2 to Str and Cha.)
>>
>>43697709
Tengu was introduced all the way back in Bestiary 1, and is only named that because Kenku is copyrighted.
>>
File: 1419159866479[1].png (829 KB, 724x512) Image search: [Google]
1419159866479[1].png
829 KB, 724x512
>>43697802
Pixie!
>>
>>43697802
Sin Spawn
>>
>>43697802
I always wanted to play a doppelganger or a hybrid doppelganger born from a human.

+2 DEX, +2 CHA

Mimicry (Ex)

A doppelganger is proficient in all weapons, armor, and shields. In addition, a doppelganger can use any spell trigger or spell completion item as if the spells were on its spell list. Its caster level is equal to its racial Hit Dice.

Perfect Copy (Su)

When a doppelganger uses change shape, it can assume the appearance of specific individuals.

Too OP?
>>
>>43697802

Two words.

Animated. Armor.

Another word: AI
>>
>>43697802
Trolls, gnolls, sahuagin, grindylow, satyrs, fauns, minotaur, dark stalkers, gargoyles, ghouls, forlarren, spriggan, pixie, bugbear, lizardfolk, centaur, mephit.

And maybe, if there's still energy, I'd like some well thought out insectoid races aren't just an existing insect stretched out onto a humanoid frame or mindset. Some self constructing construct races wouldn't be too bad either.
>>
>>43697987
Very OP. what the fuck, man?

Since its a monstrous humanoid, maybe drop his Int or Wis.

Mimicry is already too good

Perfect Copy is fine and something reminiscent of the Kitsune
>>
>>43698007
Dude, some of those are already playable races, just not the core races.
>>
>>43698027
Not him, but to be honest I never find myself using Monstrous Physique to turn into a Doppleganger, even though they are an option and I use the spell frequently.
>>
>>43697802
Mwangi
>>
>>43697987
Here bud. Eberron changeling, which are basically half-doppelgangers.
https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/races/changelings
>>
>>43697802
Clockwork soldiers, for a construct race that isn't small.
+2 CON because it's made if metal, +2 WIS because they're more computational, and -2 to either CHA because they're robots or INT because they aren't used to true "thinking".

That or chokers, who get +4 DEX, but -2 CHA and INT and big acrobatic advantages.
>>
File: PZO9039-WallaWallaBingBang.jpg (87 KB, 853x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO9039-WallaWallaBingBang.jpg
87 KB, 853x1000
>>43698088
>>
>>43697911

>+2 Str, +2 Cha, -2 Int
>Huldra are powerful and charming, but notably provincial

>Lashing Tail
>A huldra's tail slap is a primary attack. In addition, each time a huldra damages a creature with her tail slap, the target is fatigued for 1d4 rounds. A successful DC 15 Fortitude save negates the fatigue.

>Manipulate Luck
>Once per day, a huldra can manipulate another creature's luck by spending a full-round action, during which the huldra must remain in physical contact with the target creature. When the huldra uses this ability, she must choose whether she is imparting good luck or bad luck. A creature granted good luck gains a +2 luck bonus on all saving throws, attack rolls, and skill checks, while a creature afflicted with bad luck takes a –4 penalty on all saving throws, attack rolls, and skill checks. A successful DC 17 Will save negates the effect. Huldras cannot be the target of this ability. This effect lasts for 24 hours and is a curse effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

How does this sound?
>>
>>43698122
Clockwrok soldiers being constructs shouldn't get a CON bonus, but in exchange, they can gain constructs immunities similar to the android race.

Give them either a (+2 Int but a -2 Str), a (+2 Str but a -2 Int) based on their roles upon their creation before they gained sentience.
>>
>>43697987
Perfect copy is a free 2nd level spell. Making it a limited number per day would on one hand feel cheap but on the other hand in general unless you are quickly morphing between multiple individuals you just become a generic orc or goblin or creature with swim/darkvision/scent.

Mimicry feels like the strong one. Not needing to take a feat or dip into a class to gain proficiency could make some classes unhinged?
>>
>>43698158
Lashing tail is kinda strong as a primary attack. I wouldn't mind it being used as an AoO weapon similar to the Wyvaran's tailslap though.
>>
>>43697117
>aegis/hawkguard/emperor
Too much going on there for my tastes :^)

Hawkguard gives Solar Wind, which is why I'm not terribly concerned with grabbing it right now.
>>
>>43698122
>constructs having Con
u wot
>>
>>43698219
Not only that Mimicry essentially means you can craft wondrous items without rolling a spellcasting class.
>>
>>43698096
I like it. Many thanks, anon.
>>
>>43697802
How would you stat the Harpy as a playable race?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/monstrous-humanoids/harpy
>>
File: tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif (962 KB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif
962 KB, 320x260
>>43698184
>type one gets +2 STR and DEX and -2 INT
>type two gets +2 INT and WIS and -2 STR
>>
>>43697802
Sentient swarms of X that can shape like people (or started out as people cursed so that their skin became swarms of X)

Living shadows, elementals, chimera, homunculi, fae.
>>
>>43698312

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-strix
>>
>>43698312
+2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Int, -2 Wis

Captivating Song is... I think it could be X/day to keep it balanced.

They could get maybe, a colorful plumage racial feat to add to their bluff, diplomacy and intimidate rolls.

These things would make great bards.
>>
>>43697802

Changelings from Eberron. The shapeshifting relations to doppelgangers
>>
>>43698380
See
>>43698096
>>
>>43698330
Strix are ugly flying skyniggers from their description and lore, anon.
>>
File: PF Strix.jpg (88 KB, 745x1053) Image search: [Google]
PF Strix.jpg
88 KB, 745x1053
>>43698423
They're literally playable harpies you bitch.
>>
>>43698314
Cut it out. Two stat bonus for one penalty is usually bad form when it comes to race creation.
>>
>>43697802
Mongrelmen forever.

+2 STR, +2 to something of your choice, -2 to CHA
They would roll four times on a very large table to roll racial traits, which are anything from fly eyes that give a big bonus to perception to a Demon arm that has the chance to inflict bleed to the feet of an earth elemental that stops damage from pointy objects on the floor.
>>
File: 1444072259811.png (158 KB, 672x808) Image search: [Google]
1444072259811.png
158 KB, 672x808
>>43698437

>Asks for Harpies
>Posts Strix

If he wanted to play Mwangi birds, he'd ask for Mwangi birds.
>>
>>43697802
My DM let me roll a Dark Stalker once.
+2 Dex, Poison Use, Light Sensitivity and See in Darkness.

>A dark stalker can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, including that created by deeper darkness.

Made a great rogue since being blind in the dark is pretty much being flatfooted.
>>
>>43697802
Jyoti.

A cool flying bird man from the positive energy plane that breathes positive energy Fire.
>>
>>43698483
They're not even found in Garund, he's just being picky. If it's that big of a fucking deal just use the stats and call them harpies. Automatic flight is some bullshit anyway.
>>
>>43698224

Assuming Lashing Tail was changed to an AoO-only attack, how could we make >>43698158 a more compelling player race? It seems kind of lacking.
>>
>>43698438
That's... the standard? Which most races use?
>>
File: 1432850018327.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1432850018327.gif
6 KB, 200x200
>>43698508
>They're not even found in Garund, he's just being picky.

Calling them Mwangi birds was a joke, anon, since Strix are a poor, displaced minority with a huge grudge and delusions of a non-existent past grandeur.
>>
>>43698510
I think we can expand manipulate luck to include themselves similar to the Halfling's Adaptable Luck racial trait.
>>
>>43698537
Doesn't prevent it from being bad form. [cough]
>>
File: 1436670113502.gif (572 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1436670113502.gif
572 KB, 320x240
>>43698393

Awesome.
>>
>>43698537
The guy wanted a str, dex bonus for an int penalty, which most martials don't need.

In retrospect, the int, wis bonus for a str penalty seemed a bit more balanced.
>>
>>43698561
The alternative being...? Just equal penalties and bonuses, or what?

>>43698508
Yeah, it kind of is. It's why I did what I did with Winged Sphinxes. You have wings, but you ain't getting flight until level 10.

If i were to write harpies, they'd be one 'step' more advanced than winged sphinxes, due to being birds as opposed to flying cats. So they'd start off on the 'you can glide' level, then get flight proper at level 5.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
>>43698556

I'd suggest giving them Greater Luck and leaving it at that. Certain races work towards certain builds, and focusing on improving the Huldra's ability to aid her party members would go a long way to encouraging people to play them in Paladin, Cleric or even Oracle builds.
>>
>>43698508
That's the thing, anon. We're currently in homebrew mode.

Does the Strix have a beautiful feathered plumage or a captivating song? No.

And they can use those to provide mechanical effects.

Does the Harpy have a deep-seated racist hatred for humans? No.
>>
>we're statting races now
Should half-proteans get Naga-like lower bodies and some associated advantage, or is that taking it too far?
>>
>>43698601
Natural flight isn't at all that great compared to magical flight (weight penalties, fly checks, armor penalties, etc. being an issue). So I don't see why it must be held back several levels to access.
>>
>>43697928
+1 to that

tfw there's no reasonable way to make forever invisibility or their special arrows balanced
>>
>>43698666
Give an Advantage, Give a Penalty if you're so hung up on balance.
>>
>>43698706
>>43697928
Why not Half-Pixies, so that they only have the watered-down abilities?
>>
>>43698699
You've still gotta make checks and shit for magic flight, man.

The Fly spell just gives you a fat bonus to it.

Looking at it from the other perspective, natural flight doesn't require anything to start, can't be dispelled, and lasts forever, taking no resources.
>>
>>43698735
Fair enough. But the Strix as a playable race has a 60ft.(?) fly speed and I don't see it being game-breaking.
>>
>>43698731
Firstly, let's run with that idea.

How would you water them down? It's winged flight, greater invisibility at-will, and arrows that can act as Charm Monster, Modify Memory, or HD-unrestricted Sleep.

Secondly, let's stop and consider what the other half would be, 'cause I'm pretty sure there's no reasonable way for a pixie to fuck a human.
>>
>>43698827
Why not take some small-sized flying race and give them sorcerer levels with thematic abilities to get you to the level of "pixie" you want?
>>
>>43698778
Having played in a game starting at level 1, someone having natural flight then is really kind of annoying.

It's REALLY powerful.

There's a TON of potentially interesting things that are rendered entirely pointless by flight, and a person having it from the word go is even worse.

Harpies as I'd write them would get flight at level 5, so you'd get it once you crawl out of shanktown anyway.

Alternatively, they get it from the word go, but a HEFTY penalty for it. Not sure.

>>43698827
Reduce Person and Enlarge... whatever works on Pixies.

That'd get them around close enough I think.
>>
>>43698850
>small-sized flying race

Can you point one out that is even close to pixie? I can't think of one off the top of my head that isn't an insect or actual bird.
>>
>>43698827
Also, pixies are Small. If people fantasize about halflings, then a human can damn well fuck a pixie. Use reduce person or something, if it's an issue.
>>
>>43698877

>what is refluffing
>>
>>43698778
Honestly, I see Harpies as having a slower starting speed that improves if they take levels in a racial paragon class.
>>
>>43698879
>pixie lore specifically mentions ~1ft tall
Small does not mean full range of small heights, unfortunately. Reduce person works, though that would mean most of the people fucking pixies are wizards.

>>43698902
>it's still a bird
>or a giant fucking mosquito
>>
>>43698827
>It's winged flight,
Its insect wings on small? medium? creatures. Drop its fly speed if you want.
>greater invisibility at-will
Spell like Invisibility X/day
>arrows that can act as Charm Monster, Modify Memory, or HD-unrestricted Sleep
That's a racial FEAT. Probably something you need to unlock with a caster level 3rd or spellcraft of 8.

>'cause I'm pretty sure there's no reasonable way for a pixie to fuck a human.

We got the fae-bloodline power. I don't think its far-fetched to consider a mad-wizard inseminating pixies in a laboratory, or a sorc shrinking himself to bone his pixie waifu.
>>
>>43698923

"I am using these stats and this class combination for a pixie. The fluff is that of a pixie and the mechanics are that of this race, given that the only really important things were the flight and size, and the rest of the mechanics don't have any sort of bearing on the fluff."

Are you retarded? Refluffing isn't hard, and part of it is eschewing the original fluff entirely. There's nothing that'd change the mechanics on it, so why would the fluff even matter? Are you one of those people who thinks that in order to multiclass, you have to have a fluff reason for being part of both classes, even though class fluff is entirely mutable outside of a couple mechanics, and there are very few classes that actually exist as in-setting things?
>>
>>43699001
Thing about refluffing is that often there's a few things that don't line up properly.
>>
>>43698923
I bet wizards get into some really kinky shit, honestly. Between prestidigitation, alter self, reduce/enlarge person, and weirder stuff... Wizard colleges probably have some great parties.
>>
>>43698713
>>43698699
Alright.
>the Ymir
>the rare lovechildren of mortal and protean, the Ymir slither on snakelike lower bodies
>their upper bodies are humanoid, however barely, with features often missing or multiplied
>feathers or scales often accentuate their features, or are replaced by even more odd things like a crest of tongues or a beard of toes
>arms are often the wrong sizes, and fingers fused or missing
>perhaps most disturbing is that these traits shift and change through the day, a Ymir having four fingers at one time and 7 the next

>Ymir get 2+ CON and +2 DEX as their strange bodies are both too changing to hurt easily and disgustingly fluid, but also get -2 to CHA as their strange bodies and stranger demeanors are very off-putting
>Snakelike: Ymir get a +4 to all saves against tripping
>Morphing: a Ymir's body is constantly changing, giving it a +2 racial bonus to AC
>Outsider: Ymir are of the Outsider (native) subtype
>Shifting: the Ymir have retained some of the shapeshifting qualities of their protean ancestors, giving them Alter Self as a spell like ability once per day

this is my first homebrew, so r8.
>>
File: just a peek.gif (958 KB, 500x202) Image search: [Google]
just a peek.gif
958 KB, 500x202
>>43697802
>what monstrous place would you like as a playable race?

Gif related. Not sure how to balance.
>>
>>43699050
>Wizard colleges probably have some great parties.

Bet you they never had to worry about witches making false rape charges.
>>
>>43698937
>actually looking at pixie statblock
Fly speed is not actually that big a deal (60ft good? sure)

What x/day? 3/day seems fine if it's not greater, duration based on HD? 1/2 HD?

Arrows is kinda tough, especially as a feat (then again, it'd be a nice damn feat).

>fae-bloodline
This /definitely/ does not require a particular fey. And there's a lot of those.

>>43699001
>spoiler
Excuse me for liking my characters to have a reason to do things other than "it's mechanically beneficial".
Also, refluffing a race to be a different race is more akin to making a new race entirely, rather than just a 'refluff'. Which is my other problem with that approach, and really, more relevant.
>>
>>43699073
>"Honestly, walking around without a Mind Blank up? She was just ASKING to get Unnatural Lust'd!"

On second thought wizard colleges are probably horrifying.
>>
>>43699069
"In the Company of Medusa" already happened.
>>
>>43699062
I would think a snakelike lower body would drop their movespeed but provide a sweet bonus to stealth and move silently.

Ditch the natural armor. too strong.
>>
>>43699069
In the Company of Medusa. It was balanced by making the progression of Medusa stuff take place over 20 levels. Got a full class that was pretty good.
>>
>>43699098
>Wanting to fuck mortal plane hags
>Not just summoning a succubus for fun times

This is why wizards make fun of bards, anon. pay attention.
>>
>>43699096

>Excuse me for liking my characters to have a reason to do things other than "it's mechanically beneficial".

Classes are entirely a metagame construct. The character doesn't have a reason to do ANYTHING class-related beyond the training they went through IC. For example, a warrior who learned to fight with skill and grace and actually knows his way around town? URogue 3/Fighter 2/whatever else, perhaps. Does he have to be some kind of thief or roguish character? Fuck no.

Someone who has unexplained superpowers? I like Cleric for that, since you can take a cleric of an ideal and get some neat domains to fit your theme.

My characters generally have a reason for every single ability they have. Part of the fun of building a character is making sure their fluff is internally-consistent and well-written (although sometimes I fail at the latter because I'm not a good writer). If my concept is best matched by taking mechanics from multiple classes, then I use multiple classes, because classes are entirely an OoC thing outside of a couple ones that for no good reason have fluff connotations.

And even then, those classes can often be refluffed more than a little bit.

And refluffing a race to represent a unique member of a different race isn't making a new race. PCs are special, and they get some leeway, as they are not representatives of average members of their race. Same goes for unique NPCs.
>>
>>43699131
>>43699169
Oh, sweet. In that case, guess I'll need to ask about either playable Giants, or playable "guys with distant Giant blood, rather than one Giant parent and one Human/Elf/Dwarf parent."
>>
>>43699155
>Snakelike: gives +4 to saving throws against tripping, and +4 to stealth and move silently, while also making their speed 20 ft
>murkblooded: this Ymir's heritage is far less influential, as they have two legs and the mobility it gives them, giving them 40 ft speed. This trait replaces Snakelike
>morphing isn't there
I think it's pretty good for my first attempt.
I probably should've added something to boost up Ymir sorcerers with the Protean bloodline like the tieflings, or gave them something a bit more chaos related, but I think it's good.
>>
>>43699231
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/half-giant
>>
>>43699073
>Social Justice Witches
I don't even know what kind of fucked up Patron they'd have and also makes Walpurgis Night awkward as hell.
>>
>>43699251
The name honestly threw me off there, I'd assumed they were literal half-breeds.
>>
>>43699231
Half-Giants and Jotuns are a thing and they're playable, anon.
>>
>>43699243
40ft. land speed?? why?
>>
>>43699231
The guys that did "In the Company of Medusas" wrote a "In the Company of Giants" that also gives them a 1-20 class to be more giant. Literally, your size category goes up and you get free stats as you level in the class.
>>
>>43699313
Shit.
30 ft is better, thanks for pointing that out. I want the non snake ones to get standard speed.
>>
>>43699179
>Summoning a waifu instead of going out and using your natural charm or bravado to seduce wenches.

You know, I think we just made wizards the stereotypical tower-dwelling neckbeards.
>>
>>43699372
This is based, who's writing these?
>>
>>43699062
>>43699243
>>43699377
Now that I have half-proteans statted out, I think I should go for half-lawfuls.
Should they be cyborg half-inevitables, elfy half-axiomites, or bug-like half formians?
>>
>>43699405
Make all three.
Cyborgs sound more fun though.
>>
>>43699402
http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/r/ritePublishing/pathfinderRPG/racesClasses
>>
>>43699419
I'll start with cyborgs, then go down from their.
They will probably be the most difficult to balance and think of good ideas for though, so expect it to take a bit.
>>
>>43698904
>racial paragon class

Those aren't things in Pathfinder but were a thing in 3.5, right? What were they, just classes that required you to be a certain race to take and focused on improving your racial stereotype?
>>
File: mild shock.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
mild shock.gif
2 MB, 356x200
>When the GM forces you to roll for menial conversational things
Why do some people force you to do that? It's pointless
>>
>>43699529
Racial Paragon classes are alive and well in Pathfinder's 3rd party scene. Specifically, Rite Publishing is using them as one of their main lines. This link should have a list of what they have so far >>43699432
>>
>>43699529
"His name is Urist, and he's a level 12 Dwarf."

"What class is he?"

"Dwarf."
>>
>>43699402
Rite Publishing publishes them. Steven D Russel did Giants, Liz Smith did Medusa. Fey was Wendall Roy, who also did Dragons.

DONT BUY IN THE COMPANY OF ANGELS
ITS UNPLAYABLE UNBALANCED TRASH FILLED WITH TYPOS AND DOESNT EVEN LIST A HIT DIE FOR THE CLASS

Giants, Dragons, Fey are top notch tho and Medusa is pretty good so long as you don't think being able to petrify people with a gaze attack right from level 1 is OP. Its not permenant, its 1 round/level, 2/day at level 1 and it is a gaze attack so at the very least you have to worry about allies positioning etc but still its pretty potent.
>>
File: Kestrel.jpg (25 KB, 324x533) Image search: [Google]
Kestrel.jpg
25 KB, 324x533
Reposting this for folks that missed it earlier, NEW SERIES OF MOURNERS STARTED THIS MORNING: http://dreamscarred.com/mourners-ashes-to-ashes-rainy-days/
>>
>>43699752
You literally just finished the old one. You really couldn't think of new characters or ideas to explore?

Not that I'm the intended audience of your fiction, or that i am saying you are a bad writer. I am just saying i would have thought you'd let the finale sit for like, at least a few months. Its almost like Mourners didnt end at all and the "ending" was nonsense PR talk.
>>
>>43699702
Actually, this reminds me of an idea I've been considering. I'd like to make an elf that was raised by dwarves, fits dwarven stereotypes, hates other elves, and is basically all the dwarven stereotypes he can be, played straight except for the fact that he's an elf.

So aside from hitting the ale hard, working the forge, fighting with a warhammer, speaking with a thick dwarven accent, and possibly going by the name Urist, what other things can I do to make him seem more dwarven? He's already cut off his knife-ears.
>>
File: Endeca.jpg (72 KB, 505x799) Image search: [Google]
Endeca.jpg
72 KB, 505x799
>>43699799
I'm juggling a few ideas. I write the ones that bubble to the surface. You'll note the three current updates for Endeca's party, for instance, which I really need to get shuffled under their own header. Mourners was always meant to have Aisling's story & Kestrel's; it just didn't shake out in the form I initially planned it to.

Surely koala anon is asleep.
>>
>>43699807
Get a permanent Ironbeard spell/item. It's a level 1 spell, so it wouldn't even be that expensive.
>>
File: 1447791093278.png (365 KB, 736x718) Image search: [Google]
1447791093278.png
365 KB, 736x718
>>43699837
Probably, but I can cover for him. We're a community, after all.
>>
>>43699807
Wear drab clothing, be bald on top of your head but still have hair around the sides and wear rings on your beard.

Cutting off your ears seems just stupid for your character, why not have him wear metal caps on them or something instead?

I had a half-elf who mutilated his ears once, but he was a serial killer child of rape and elves were second class citizens that as the bastard child of nobility he was able to prey on with no consequences. To me removing your ears as an elf requires you to be the kind of guy that wouldn't just hate elves, but would be compelled to kill any he saw.
>>
>>43699837
>>43699881
Koalas never sleep.
>>
File: Smug Silver Fox.png (80 KB, 319x493) Image search: [Google]
Smug Silver Fox.png
80 KB, 319x493
>>43699837

Wait, Endeca has a party? I'm looking at the list of fiction and all of them are Mourners.
>>
>>43699807
>what other things can I do to make him seem more dwarven? He's already cut off his knife-ears.

That's like cutting off your dick because you want to be a girl, that's insane.
>>
>>43699419
>>43699464
>The Vulcan
>born from strange unions of mortals and the enigmatic Inevitables, the Vulcan are both man and machine
>they look like picturesque and beautiful examples of strength and grace in build and form
>they often have long, flowing hair and are well muscled and strong, with or without the presence of exercise
>they're skin is often milky white and like marble, or shiny golden as if forged by a jewler
>perhaps most odd about them are the strange metal plates and mechanisms that often mark their bodies
>it is not uncommon to see small gears whirling or clear panels of strange plastic that show the workings within
>a Vulcan never scars in the traditional sense, instead mire mechanical parts cover the most grievous injuries
>they tend to have very cognitive mindsets, thinking about things in statistics and probabilities instead of with emotion and faith
>because of this, when a Vulcan becomes a cleric they tend to see their God more of as a powerful leader then a guiding force, and they are almost always ready to sacrifice something for the greater good

>Vulcans get +2 to STR and a +2 to WIS, as they have powerful bodies and wills, but a -2 to CHA as they can be distant and cold
>Semi-Living Being: Vulcans are just as much metal and oil as they are flesh and blood. Vulcans have no need to eat, drink, breath, or sleep, and don't make saves for hunger, thirst, asphyxiation, or Magic sleep effects. They do breath, although they don't need to, so gas attacks effect them all the same
>Built In: a Vulcan has a compartment in it's arm for a weapon. Choose a one handed weapon, once picked, it cannot be changed. As a swift action, the Vulcan can unleash the weapon from his arm. Treat unarmed attacks from this arm as if they were that weapon.
>Lawmind: a Vulcan's mind is hard to fool. Gain advantages to disbelief checks

R8 it.
This one may be a bit overpowered.
>>
>>43699889
Oh, speaking of which i remember some bullshit from that game. The entire game we play as elf-hating racists who all wish to subdue and put an end to the illegitimate "free kingdom of the elves" our former elven slaves created after the revolution and every one of our characters deeply resented elves and worked to wipe them from the face of the earth.

A new player who had never played pathfinder before joined as an elf. The DM didn't even THINK to mention to him the ramifications of that and got pissed at us for not having our characters instantly love and respect his good aligned unmarried female elf from a republic in our party of predominantly evil elf hating monarchist traditionalist misogynists.

It wasn't even the new players fault, he didn't know what he was doing, but the DM should have told him to change his character, not have ours inexplicably treat the antithesis of what they believed in as a valued companion and equal.
>>
File: wqtGW1Z.jpg (116 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
wqtGW1Z.jpg
116 KB, 800x700
>>43699837
just spooks
>>
>>43699925
Psionics Augmented: Common Language is the most recent one. Lich's Apprentice is the first in her series. Star Light Star Bright is actually part of this series, but it came out before Endeca stuff.
>>
File: Good News.png (77 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
Good News.png
77 KB, 300x443
>>43699925
Thou hast missed out, anon. Lemme fetch.

First the master archive (also a discussion thread for anons with an account): http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?432004-Cool-Dreamscarred-Press-fiction!

Endeca's Party Stories are, in order: http://dreamscarred.com/psionics-augmented-starlight-star-bright/

http://dreamscarred.com/psionics-augmented-the-lichs-apprentice/

http://dreamscarred.com/psionics-augmented-common-language/

Features Endeca (obvs), Kyria (iconic Volcano Mind), Deidre (Void Walker), Morris (Void Prophet), and Leif the Heretic (cleric of Freya).
>>
>>43699925

I recognize where you got that image, anon.

Good taste.
>>
To the guy bitching about there not being playable pixies, the gathlain is exactly what you're looking for. They're small fey that fly with SLAs.
>>
>>43699879
Ah, that's not a bad idea at all. I was thinking he wouldn't have a beard, with it being like one thing he can't do (not because he doesn't want to but because elves can't grow beards, unless they're withered old husks or wizards). So it was going to be kind of a comedy thing, like if someone calls him out on his lack of a beard it would be pushing that button that really makes him go off on them.

But not only is Ironbeard a spell my friends and I find hilarious, we also fight a lot of fae in this campaign so it would even be useful. On top of that, it's fitting for the character, so I really just can't believe I didn't think of the idea myself. I'll have to run the idea past the DM though, custom items need approval but I think he would probably allow this. Thanks!

>>43699889
>why not have him wear metal caps on them or something instead?

Might do that, I dunno. It's less about what he actually does and more about the symbolism of the gesture, since "knife ears" is such a common slur for elves. It represents rejecting elvenkind by removing from yourself something everyone associates with elves, while at the same time affirming the insult that the term is.

Also, I wasn't very clear, I meant he cut off the tips of the ears, not his whole ears. So, he still has ears, just not knife-ears.

We have two dwarves in our party already, one is a staunch dwarven traditionalist and the other is an amnesiac dwarf who the first dwarf doesn't think is "dwarf enough" and is trying to teach the ways of being a dwarf to. The second dwarf really doesn't like this, though, and dislikes dwarves in general because they frequently do shit like this. I think this character would play off them really well and lead to some generally humorous character interaction, one way or another.

I'm leaning towards barbarian as a class. Never made one before but I don't think it'll be too hard.
>>
File: 1440740848089s.jpg (2 KB, 82x125) Image search: [Google]
1440740848089s.jpg
2 KB, 82x125
>Folca
>portfolio: Strangers, Sweets, and Abduction
>subdomains: Daemon, Deception, Exploration, Lust
>tfw

If I ever play an evil campaign, I'm playing as someone who worships this guy.
He takes kids and turns them into daemons for the world's very first double war crime.
>>
>>43700116
>He takes kids and turns them into daemons for the world's very first double war crime.

Anon, he isn't turning them into daemons...
>>
>>43700073
Very nice! Thanks Anon!
>>
File: uuhhh.jpg (12 KB, 127x181) Image search: [Google]
uuhhh.jpg
12 KB, 127x181
>>43700116
>abduction
>lust
>quaintly overlooking that particular combination
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.