[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cfb/ - Inaugural Elite Broships Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: subroship.png (3 MB, 1511x904) Image search: [Google]
subroship.png
3 MB, 1511x904
"Big Brothers" literally shitting in their pants about the broship that will be dominating College Football for the next 20 years

>Ole Miss
literally slavery: the school
>Michigan
only good for funny chimpout reactions
>Washington
Allowing a rival school to open a campus store in the middle of seattle, not even bowl eligible

Requirements for entry:
>State University
>Elite QB
>the relevancy rises
>Elite coach

SUB-EDITION: THE EL ESS >(You) DUMPSTER FIRE RISES
>>
File: cfb projections.png (116 KB, 791x627) Image search: [Google]
cfb projections.png
116 KB, 791x627
1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Iowa
4 Oklahoma
5 Michigan State
6 Notre Dame
7 Ohio State
8 Baylor
9 Stanford
10 Michigan
11 Oklahoma State
12 Florida
13 Florida State
14 Navy
15 North Carolina
16 Northwestern
17 Ole Miss
18 Oregon
19 TCU
20 Utah
21 LSU
22 Mississippi State
23 Washington State
24 UCLA
25 Houston
>>
File: cccccc.jpg (936 KB, 1146x1090) Image search: [Google]
cccccc.jpg
936 KB, 1146x1090
>yfw in best broship
>>
File: 6_1168892.jpg (216 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
6_1168892.jpg
216 KB, 620x320
1st for the improbable happening again
>>
>>63769530
would this be the second best thing to happen to college football?
>>
>>63769530
God damn I hope something like that happens again. The domino effect would be amazing.
>>
File: 151191.jpg (47 KB, 620x370) Image search: [Google]
151191.jpg
47 KB, 620x370
>>63769527
>mfw
>>
>>63769530
Please no, if Alabama doesn't make the playoffs they're gonna let Notre Dame in. And if there's one team I hate more than Alabama, it's Notre Dame.
>>
Roughly tenth for I KNOW YOU POST HERE LES MILES SON, PLEASE ASK YOUR DAD TO COACH ARIZONA!!!

This is not a meme. This is real. Do not copy paste this into chat.
>>
8th for >Iowa

Also. Take a look at next year

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-iowa-hawkeyes-football-schedule.php
>>
>>63769765
That's nothing. UF plays North Texas, UMass, and Presbyterian. PREBY-FUCKING-TERIAN
>>
>>63769799
Well at least they'll probably scrape by North Texas. The rest of their OOC is pretty brutal
>>
>>63769410
>Okie State
>10-3 Losing against the big three of Big XII
>13-1. Ogbah is back, becoming the most dominante défensive player in the history of the cfb. The Rudoplh / Washington is the Weeden / Blackmon 2.0. Bedlam is the first game between #1 and #2 in the Big XII history. Losing the natty against Alabama, Saban leaving the Tide for Texas.
>>
>>63769817
:(
>>
>>63769896
Gonna do three based on where I'm applying to transfer (I'm applying for transfer at more than this but these are the only cfb relevant ones)

>Texas
>5-8, Charlie Strong is fired
>10-4, #24, Strong fired after 2015 season and replaced with someone competent OR Strong gets his shit together for 2016

>Washington
>5-9, shit year
>9-5, not-so-shit year

>Temple
>9-5, keked by Memphis, Cincy, and two OOC games
>12-2, #18, Lose the AAC CG to Houston
>>
>>63770287
y'all know what I was replying to, fuck it
>>
NUMBER OF RANKED TEAMS

B1G: 5
Big 12: 4
Pac-12: 4
SEC: 4
ACC: 3
AAC: 3
MAC: 1
>>
>>63769410

>Ohio State
>Probably 10-2/11-1 and a Rose Bowl berth
>Undefeated Natty champs

Les Miles to be our lead-paint-drinkingly insane OC when?
>>
I'm going to make the big bucks this week when Michigan beats Onigger state. But I feel like OSU fans are the type to not payout after a bet
>>
Don't forget to check out the **GAME OF THE WEEK** featuring #3 Iowa @ #5 Nebraska on ABC for the "Star Wars™ Showdown" don't forget to dress up if you're heading to the game and of course go see Star Wars™ opening December 18th 2015 at midnight.

Bama.
2. Oklahoma
3. Iowa
4. Clempson (Very insecure about their school and their ranking btw)
5. Nebraska
6. BootyBlasters
7. Northwest Missouri St.
8. Jacksonville State Gamecocks
9. Harvard
10. Navy Semen.
>>
>>63769760
Well, if you guys are just going to get rid of Rich Rod, c..can we have him?
>>
>>63770423
>Hiring a Michicuk
>Les knowing anything about the spread
>>
>Broship autism

So this is how /cfb/ dies
>>
>>63771130

Well it was gonna die at the TTU-Wazzu National Championship next year anyways.
>>
There are no broships in college football.

I summarily hate all of you
>>
File: le air raid.jpg (3 MB, 2913x2341) Image search: [Google]
le air raid.jpg
3 MB, 2913x2341
I hereby propose "The Air-Raid Broship".

Anyone from the Leach coaching tree is welcome to join.
>>
Is Washington State truly the most based program in all of /cfb/ history?
>>
Official OSU Offensive coordinator wishlist, complete with pros and cons

John Hevesy/Billy Gonzales:
Pros:
>extensive experience with Urban Meyer's system at Florida, Utah, and Bowling Green
>have both been factors in the development of players such as Aaron Hernandez and Percy Harvin (while in college who gives a shit what they did after)
>have helped foster the success of Dak Prescott, Tim Tebow, Josh Harris and Alex Smith
Cons:
>rising stars
>might not be willing to jump to OSU from Miss St under Dan Mullen
>will probably be head coaches themselves very soon

Brian Johnson:
Pros:
>experience with the Urban system in his days at Utah
>responsible for the development of Dak Prescott
Cons:
>no prior playcalling experience

Major Applewhite:
Pros
>major part of Houston's current success
>has extensive playcalling experience
Cons:
>was the OC when Texas began their downward slide
>may get HC offers before too long

Gregg Brandon:
Pros:
>worked with Urban back at Bowling Green
>extensive playcalling experience
>is 59, so he likely won't go anywhere any time soon
Cons:
>less impressive resume
>currently a head coach
>was available back when Urban hired Tom Herman, who he chose over Brandon
>>
You may only reply ITT if your favorite team has quality wins
>>
>>63771397

>Alabama

Is Mississippi State a quality win?
>>
>>63771660
Of course
they beat Auburn Arkansas and almost beat LSU
Any SEC win is a quality win
>>
>be Tim Beck
>inherit an offense that just blew the doors off Alabama, Wisconsin and Oregon
>Heisman candidate running back, who many agree is the best in the game
>2 (two) Big Ten player of the year winners on your offense
>an undefeated QB with an arm that can throw 1000 miles in four seconds
>as good a dual threat QB as you can find in the other
>an O line with NFL talent at 4 of 5 spots
>the best rate receiving corps in the game

And what do you do with it?
>spend 10 weeks trying to pick a QB, nerfing both of their seasons in the process
>be utterly unable to figure out how to give Braxton Miller the ball (it's called throwing a pass at him every now and then)
>literally forget that Michael Thomas exists
>focus your entire offense away from all this talent and instead make the primary focus calling the same QB draw play over and over again
>re-design the pass game that features a rocket armed QB around short shovel passes to a mediocre Tight End and ignore all the deep threats entirely
>refuse to use the best player on your team the entire second half of the game against the best opponent you played all year
>despite being gifted a cupcake schedule, only manage to be the 49th ranked offense in the NCAA with one of the most talented units ever created

How can someone fuck up such a sure thing this badly? It literally defies belief
>>
I'VE BEEN WAITING 3 DAYS FOR THIS MOMENT

3 WHOLE DAYS

I WAS BUSY CUMMING INSIDE MY GIRLFRIEND AT HER APARTMENT ALL DAY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

AND YESTERDAY I DECIDED TO TAKE THE DAY OFF OF WORK BECAUSE OF HOLIDAYS JUST SO I COULD CUM INSIDE HER SOME MORE

YOU SEE I'VE HAD A NON-STOP AND INSATIABLE ERECTION SINCE SATURDAY NIGHT AND IT STARTED WHEN A LITTLE BROWN FOOTBALL WENT THROUGH THE GOALPOSTS IN COLUMBUS, OHIO WHEN MICHIGAN STATE BEAT AN OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY FUCKEYES

GET
FUCKED

CUPCAKE SCHEDULE EXPOSED
MIDWESTERN TEAMS EXPOSED
M-MUH ATHLETIC QBS THAT CAN'T THROW OR READ DEFENSES
M-MUH MEME OFFENSE THAT CAN'T DO ANYTHING AGAINST AN ACTUAL DEFENSE
M-MUH URBAN MEYER
M-MUH WINS AGAINST VIRGINIA TECH AND RUTGERS, WE ARE ELITE

GET
FUCKED
OHIO
SHIT
FUCKEYES

AHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>63771990
>schedule is cupcake due to OOC games outside the midwest
>lose to team in the midwest
>midwest teams exposed
>>
>>63769474
>bama is only legitimate SEC team
>Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, TA&M, all exposed after being top 10
>SEC still will have 6-7 top 25 teams in next years initial rankings

when will this meme end?
>>
File: 23465643.png (172 KB, 623x370) Image search: [Google]
23465643.png
172 KB, 623x370
>>63771397

>nebraska

is sparty a quality win?
>>
>>63772005
>VIRGINIA TECH
>HAWAII
>NORTHERN ILLINOIS
>WESTERN MICHIGAN
>INDICATIVE OF THE GREAT TALENT OUTSIDE OF THE LITTLE 10
>OHIO SHIT FUCKEYES ARE USING WINS AGAINST NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND WESTERN MICHIGAN TO DEFEND THEMSELVES AND THEIR SHITTY FUCKING FOOTBALL TEAM FOR HAVING (2) TWO GAMES AGAINST SOMEWHAT MEDIOCRE OPPONENTS
>THEY CAN'T EVEN WIN BOTH OF THOSE GAMES
>THEY THOUGHT THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAYOFF

MY FUCKING SIDES

AHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>63772030
as a spartan i want to complain about this but i dont mind a flukey loss, its probably karma for having a flukey win against michigan
>>
>>63772043
Nobody is defending OSU, I am just curious as to how you think the midwest got exposed by a team that played a lot of non-midwest cupcakes (Rutgers, Hawaii, Maryland, Virginia Tech) losing to a midwest team that has real wins on their resume outside of the Big Ten exposes the midwest.

Don't blame OSU for their SoS though, they can't do anything about V Tech's collapse and retards putting Maryland and Buttgers in their division. We have Oklahoma next year who might actually have their shit together
>>
>>63772090
YOU SEE NAME FAGGOT, I WOULDN'T BLAME OHIO SHIT FOR THEIR STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. I WOULDN'T BLAME THEM, THAT IS, IF THEIR PREMIER OUT OF CONFERENCE GAMES WEREN'T AGAINST DEVRY AND ITT TECH EVERY YEAR.

CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY THE LITTLE 10 CONFERENCE IS RELEVANT AT ALL WHEN THE BEST OUT OF CONFERENCE OPPONENT ACROSS THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE WAS A TOSS UP BETWEEN MIAMI, OREGON, PITTSBURGH, AND FUCKING UTAH.

I DIDN'T COUNT A FLUKE WIN AGAINST STANFORD IN THE OPENER BECAUSE WISCONSIN GOT IT'S CHEESE CURD EATING, COW SHIT SHOVELING ASS HANDED TO IT THE SAME DAY, SO WE CAN JUST CALL THAT A WASH
>>
File: no bully.jpg (143 KB, 833x696) Image search: [Google]
no bully.jpg
143 KB, 833x696
>Be Baker Mayfield

>Playing rival, last game of the season

>College Gameday is there, hyping up your Heisman hopes

>Mason Rudolph walks on the field

>Thinks nothing of Rudolph because the media said he was better.

>OK St. gets the ball first

>First play 82 yard TD pass

>OU's ball

>First play is handoff
Second play is a 67 yd TD pass

>OK St gets the Ball again
Rudolph runs it 75 yards for a td

>OU's turn, they go out and go 3 and out

>Stoops approaches Baker on the sideline

Stoops: It's all on you to win Baker, it's time to prove yourself

Gayker: Prove myself? Win what coach?

Stoops: Just go out there and be the best QB kid

>Gayker storms off of the field of Gaylord stadium and into the stands

>Chris Collinsworth announces 5 mins later after Knights 3 int of the game that Baker has transfered to Texas citing "I felt like I already earned to win that game", "Miscommunication between him and the coaching staff", and a "Lack of free cars from boosters".

>Baker Suits up for his only game at Texas, last game of the year

>Loses to Texas Tech 38-3
>>
>>63772186
Well, OSU schedules a marquee opponent every year. V Tech, USC, Oklahoma, Miami, etc so on and so forth.

The problem was that they scheduled Miami when they were the best team ever assembled, and ended up playing them finally in the Jacory Harris era. They scheduled V Tech during the early 2000s when they perennially played in New Years 6 bowls, only to have them turn to shit by the time they actually played. They scheduled USC when they were winning NCs, only to have them go on Reggie Bush-related sanctions and Pete Carroll to leave.

How does OSU schedule better opponents than who they scheduled at the time they scheduled them? They made multiple contracts with teams when those teams were playing in the NC (Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, Miami). Not their fault that some teams didn't remain good.
>>
>>63772285
>V Tech
>marquee opponent
>>
Apparently an Ole Piss security guard physically "assaulted" Rashan Gary's mom because she didn't have time to get her credentials
>>
>>63772361
Are you new to football? V Tech went from 2004 to 2011 straight with 10 wins each year. Nobody else accomplished that feat. They went to 6 BCS Bowls, the same number Alabama did in the BCS era.

Virginia Tech up until recently was indeed very good. Frank Beamer got old and couldn't recruit for shit anymore, and V Tech fell off the map.
>>
>>63772364
That's an interesting recruiting tactic
>>
File: dalai lelma.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
dalai lelma.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>63769623
your butthurt on both counts is delicious.
>>
>>63772518
Nobody likes Notre Dame, even fans of programs that have been far better than ND in our lifetimes. Walmart fandoms suck, and ND has the most Walmart fans
>>
>>63772450
>winning games in the All Cupcake Conference
>meaningful
>>
>>63772450
That was in 2004 to 2011. The Fuckeyes lost to a shitty VT team in 2014. Much history isn't a argument AP poller
>>
>>63772285
PERHAPS THAT IS TRUE, NAME FAGGOT. PERHAPS.

PERHAPS ALL OF THIS HATRED TOWARDS OHIO SHIT IS BASELESS AND UNFAIR. PERHAPS THE HATRED SHOULD BE DIRECTED AT THE MEDIA AND THE VOTERS FOR ASSUMING THE LITTLE 10 IS STILL A GOOD CONFERENCE DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY PLAY NOBODY EVERY YEAR. PERHAPS IT SHOULD BE MORE OF A QUESTION AS TO WHY THE LITTLE 10 IS REGARDED AS A PREMIER CONFERENCE WHEN UP UNTIL THREE YEARS AGO THERE WAS ONLY ONE TEAM COMING OUT OF IT THAT WAS WORTH A SHIT AND UNTIL LAST YEAR THAT TEAM WOULD REGULARLY GET FUCKING DESTROYED IN BOWL GAMES.

OHIO STATE GETTING BLOWN THE FUCK OUT IN BCS BOWLS WAS AN ANNUAL TRADITION OF THE SAME THREAD AS CHRISTMAS. I WOULD WAKE UP ON GAME DAY WITH A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE, MY HEART BRIMMING WITH EXCITEMENT, CHEEKS ROSY WITH ANTICIPATION.

I'D DO A LITTLE HOP ON MY WAY TO WORK.

WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WAS ON THE POST HOLIDAY SLUMP, I WAS STILL RIDING HIGH. MY CO WORKERS THOUGHT I WAS A STRANGE BIRD. "WHY ARE YOU SO HAPPY, ANON? WE DON'T GET ANOTHER DAY OFF UNTIL MEMORIAL DAY AND IT'S BITTERLY COLD AND DEPRESSING OUTSIDE!"

I WOULD SIMPLY SMILE SERENELY AND SAY "NOT SO, DEAR FRIENDS. FOR TODAY MARKS ANOTHER DAY THAT OHIO STATE AND THE LITTLE 10 CONFERENCE GETS THEIR ASSHOLE WIDENED THREE SIZES TOO BIG. IT'S THE ANNUAL LITTLE 10 RAPE DAY!"

LAST YEAR THE GRINCH WAS SUCCESSFUL IN STEALING RAPE DAY FROM ME, BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN THIS YEAR. SANTA WORKED OVERTIME TO MAKE SURE RAPE DAY CAME EARLY FOR ME AND SENT ME A JAR OF BRUTUS' TEARS SUNDAY MORNING. I WAS ECSTATIC.

SO PERHAPS, NAME FAGGOT, WE SHOULD ALL BLAME THE MEDIA AND THE VOTERS. BECAUSE OUTSIDE OF 2014, THE LITTLE 10 HAS BEEN A JOKE OF A CONFERENCE FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS. BEFORE LAST YEAR, THE LITTLE 10 HADN'T WON A LEGITIMATE NATIONAL TITLE SINCE JERRY SANDUSKY WAS DIDDLING KIDS ON THE SIDELINES IN THE 1980S.

BROKEN CLOCK. BLIND SQUIRREL. FLUKE. AND YET THE CONFERENCE IS HERALDED AS LEVEL WITH THE SEC, THE PAC 12, EVEN THE BIG 12 AND ACC.
>>
>>63772670
Holy shit can this be copypasta
>>
File: drew-sharp.jpg (339 KB, 1276x700) Image search: [Google]
drew-sharp.jpg
339 KB, 1276x700
I fucking HATE Drew Sharp

>pick on MSU all season long
>rant all week about how they stood no chance against OSU
>Get BTFO
>try writing an article to lessen the blow but only gets BTFO more in the process

Literally can say without a doubt the worst sports writer I've ever seen.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/drew-sharp/2015/11/23/michigan-state-football-drew-sharp/76257958/
>>
>>63769523
>OU lost to Texas
>Have them ahead of ND that beat Texas
Nice bait, got me to bite.
>>
PERHAPS THAT IS TRUE, NAME FAGGOT. PERHAPS.

PERHAPS ALL OF THIS HATRED TOWARDS GAYKER GAYFIELD IS BASELESS AND UNFAIR. PERHAPS THE HATRED SHOULD BE DIRECTED AT THE MEDIA AND THE VOTERS FOR ASSUMING OU IS STILL A GOOD TEAM DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY PLAY NOBODY EVERY YEAR. PERHAPS IT SHOULD BE MORE OF A QUESTION AS TO WHY OU IS REGARDED AS A PREMIER TEAM WHEN UP UNTIL THREE YEARS AGO THERE WAS ONLY RB'S COMING OUT OF IT THAT WERE WORTH A SHIT AND UNTIL LAST YEAR THAT TEAM WOULD REGULARLY GET FUCKING DESTROYED IN BOWL GAMES.

OU GETTING BLOWN THE FUCK OUT IN BCS BOWLS WAS AN ANNUAL TRADITION OF THE SAME THREAD AS CHRISTMAS. I WOULD WAKE UP ON GAME DAY WITH A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE, MY HEART BRIMMING WITH EXCITEMENT, CHEEKS ROSY WITH ANTICIPATION.

I'D DO A LITTLE HOP ON MY WAY TO WORK.

WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WAS ON THE POST HOLIDAY SLUMP, I WAS STILL RIDING HIGH. MY CO WORKERS THOUGHT I WAS A STRANGE BIRD. "WHY ARE YOU SO HAPPY, FUCK THE COLTS? WE DON'T GET ANOTHER DAY OFF UNTIL MEMORIAL DAY AND IT'S BITTERLY COLD AND DEPRESSING OUTSIDE!"

I WOULD SIMPLY SMILE SERENELY AND SAY "NOT SO, DEAR FRIENDS. FOR TODAY MARKS ANOTHER DAY THAT OKLAHOMA AND OU GETS THEIR ASSHOLE WIDENED THREE SIZES TOO BIG. IT'S THE ANNUAL BIG 12 RAPE DAY!"

LAST YEAR THE GRINCH WAS SUCCESSFUL IN STEALING RAPE DAY FROM ME, BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN THIS YEAR. SANTA WORKED OVERTIME TO MAKE SURE RAPE DAY CAME EARLY FOR ME AND SENT ME A JAR OF BRUTUS' TEARS SUNDAY MORNING. I WAS ECSTATIC.

SO PERHAPS, NAME FAGGOT, WE SHOULD ALL BLAME THE MEDIA AND THE VOTERS. BECAUSE OUTSIDE OF 2008, OU HAS BEEN A JOKE OF A TEAM FOR ALMOST 25 YEARS. BEFORE LAST YEAR, OUHADN'T WON A LEGITIMATE NATIONAL TITLE SINCE JERRY SANDUSKY WAS DIDDLING KIDS ON THE SIDELINES IN THE 1980S.

BROKEN CLOCK. BLIND SQUIRREL. FLUKE. AND YET THE TEAM IS HERALDED AS LEVEL WITH THE BAMA, YALE, EVEN THE PRINCETON AND NOTRE DAME.
>>
>>63772670
You know OSU is tied for most BCS bowl wins, right? 2006, 2007, and 2008 was a bad stretch for them, but that's all.

The Big Ten was the second-worst of the big 6 during BCS era. That's not really even disputable. It's much better now than it has been for years though, nobody disagrees with this.

The nickname for the Big Ten for most of the past few decades has been the Big 2 and the rest, nobody disagrees about that.

Why are you mad that dynamic has changed?
>>
File: 1445200107500.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1445200107500.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>63772670
>>
Maryland-Rutgers tickets are going for almost 3x as much as PSU-MSU tickets.

Why are MSU fans so terrible?
>>
>>63772775
>BUT WE WON THE SUGAR BOWL
>AND THE FIESTA BOWL
>THOSE BOWLS MATTER

ANON I AM SORRY

ALSO I APOLOGIZE IF YOU THINK I AM MAD, I AM SIMPLY ECSTATIC OVER THE RESULTS OF THE WEEKEND. PLEASE DON'T MISUNDERSTAND.

PERHAPS WHAT MAKES ME HAPPIEST EVERY YEAR IS WHEN LITTLE 10 FANS REALIZE THE KOOL-AID THEY'VE BEEN DRINKING IS ACTUALLY MASHED SHIT AND CORNFLAKES.

SEE, THE AVERAGE LITTLE 10 FAN IS A REAL TROOPER THOUGH, NAME FAGGOT. BECAUSE THE AVERAGE LITTLE 10 FAN WILL REALIZE THAT IT'S NOT ACTUALLY A REFRESHING FRUITY DRINK THEY'RE HOLDING, BUT A CUP OF SHIT AND PENCIL SHAVINGS.

BUT UNLIKE THE REST OF US, WHO WOULD SCREAM IN TERROR AND FLEE FOR OUR LIVES, THE AVERAGE LITTLE 10 FAN WILL MAKE A HERCULEAN EFFORT TO SMILE AND STILL SAY THAT STEAMING PILE OF DIARRHEA TASTES AND LOOKS GOOD.

SOME SAY THAT'S LOYALTY. ME, I JUST CALL IT INSANITY.
>>
>>63772896
>mashed shit and cornflakes

Lost it here, 10/10
>>
>>63769523
ND won't be in. The CFP bylaws won't let them. Join or die faggot. No one wants another 2011.
>>
>>63771363
As an OU fan I legitimately hope that tOSU picks up one of them before we start our home and home series.
>>
>>63772214
can't believe you wrote all this and not a single person bothered to call you a faggot
>>
>>63773017
>>63772759
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-22-16-15-43.png (529 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-22-16-15-43.png
529 KB, 960x540
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Iowa
4. Michigan State
>>
File: OH GOD IT'S ANOTHER JET SKI.webm (3 MB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
OH GOD IT'S ANOTHER JET SKI.webm
3 MB, 700x468
>>63772759
I remember the last time we played in a NY6 bowl after losing to Texas.
>>
File: 1447973076856a.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447973076856a.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
>>63773048
>adrian peterson doing the ric flair while Aj's wife looks like she just watched a trainwreck
>>
>>63770719
>Iowa above Clemson

get a load of this retard
>>
>>63772877
MSU fans can be pretty annoying. I live on campus and I definitely have run into my fair share of douchebags. No all of us are like that though were just excited since everyone has been doubting us and we beat OSU/UoM in their stadiums.
>>
>>63773048

I miss watching McCarrons wife.

They always interrupted her with football anyways though.
>>
>>63770719
Oh look, you moved Oklahoma up
>>
>>63772687
>be from Michigan
>hate every team in Michigan
you guys can take him nobody here likes him at all
>>
File: TCU Perine1.webm (2 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
TCU Perine1.webm
2 MB, 700x700
>>
>>63773270
The only thing worse than a Lions/MSU loss is the article Drew Sharp is sure to put up after the game. I actually love this article though, he's getting completely torn apart by MSU fans and his responses are not good enough.

>m...my job is to analyze guys...stop being so mean....I really though MSU would lose....y...you are lying if you thought other wise...
>>
Is OU/Ok Lite really the best game this week?
>>63771289
Sooners decline
>>63772214
faggot
>>
need more College Gameday sign ideas (OU @ OK St)
>>
>>63773354
what ideas do you have?
>>
>>63773048

Requesting the shop of the Jetski's on Oklahoma players. That was pure comedy gold.
>>
>>63773328

Nigger, first of all.

You cant decline an invitation to a party you aren't invited to.

Second of all, Nebraska, Iowa is game of the week.
>>
>>63773395
that wouldnt even make sense
>>63773401
kek
>>
File: TCU BM2SSTD.webm (2 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
TCU BM2SSTD.webm
2 MB, 700x700
>>63773273
Look how badly they bite on this play action and then jump on the Perine swing. Is there any other team in the nation that has two every down backs?
>>
>>63773436
Do you not remember everyone making a big deal about how Alabama's QB that year almost got killed in a jetski accident when he was a little kid?
>>
>>63773446
The weird thing is, Lincoln Riley didn't do much of these types of plays against Texas. He had them in position a lot, but didnt through to them, or play action, or even use them to block. Great improvement though.
>>
>>63773436
>that wouldnt even make sense

>>63773462 this and after the scoop n score, someone posted a hilariously shopped image of Oklahoma players with Red Jet skies shopped on their heads . It got like 50 replies.
>>
>>63773462
Yes, but Aj Mcarron isn't playing for Ok Lite, and noone outside this board remembers
>>
>>63769474
Post your record against other broship members rivals
>>
>>63773514
see
>>63773515
"Look how good we did against Alabama 2 years ago Gameday! Do you see?"
>>
>>63773534
Who cares what you think? You're a bandwagon casual who openly admitted to cheering for Okie Lite in Bedlam last year. You're no better... no, you're worse than all the Poke fans who went to Stillwater because they couldn't spell "Oklahoma"
>>
>>63773534
I just requested the image because it was funny. I don't give a fuck about Oklahoma state or even the fact that you even won that game it was referring to. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1.png (2 MB, 1533x704) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2 MB, 1533x704
>>63773514
I dont have the original but I put everything in a collage so you dont have to know the backstory anymore
>>
File: 1373134625374.jpg (104 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1373134625374.jpg
104 KB, 682x600
>>63773048
>#scoopnscore
>>
>>63773531
What website is this family
>>
>>63773580
winsipedia
>>
>>63773497
The big problem to begin the season was the lineman couldn't handle game speed temp and complex blitz packages. Both perine and mixon had fumbles early on in the season which really hurt their touches as well
>>
>>63773446
I think OU has a chance against anyone. If you crowd the line like TCU did here you get obliterated by Swagfield and if you play off with your safeties Sterling Shephard is going to humiliate you. That kid had over 130 all purpose yards against Bama as a sophmore
>>
File: TCU BM2WBTD.webm (2 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
TCU BM2WBTD.webm
2 MB, 700x700
>>63773446
>>
File: CYx22.gif (984 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
CYx22.gif
984 KB, 500x274
>>63773572

Thanks m8
>>
>>63771990
>AHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

i think he just came again
>>
File: TCUPerine2.webm (2 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
TCUPerine2.webm
2 MB, 700x700
>>63773658
>>
>>63773048

man.. i would have loved to comforted aj's momma that night.. make her forget all about that trainwreck of a ballgame with a trainwreck of a sexual encounter
>>
>>63773671
I could seriously watch dat ass all day.
>>
>>63773328
Of course it is. Winner getting in the Playoffs. Marj my words.
>>
>>63772759

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Sooners_football#Record_book

>Oklahoma is one of two schools (Ohio State) to have appeared in all five BCS bowl games (2001 Orange, 2003 Rose, 2004 Sugar, 2007 Fiesta, 2009 BCS NCG), but they are the only team to win all five awards in the BCS era (2001 Orange Bowl and BCS National Championship, 2003 Rose Bowl, 2011 Fiesta Bowl, 2014 Sugar Bowl).

:)
>>
File: TCUPerine3.webm (2 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
TCUPerine3.webm
2 MB, 700x700
>>63773689
>>
File: TCUWBReverse.webm (3 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
TCUWBReverse.webm
3 MB, 700x700
>>63773718
>>
File: TCUPerine4TD.webm (3 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
TCUPerine4TD.webm
3 MB, 700x700
>>63773759
>>
File: TCU2ptstop.webm (2 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
TCU2ptstop.webm
2 MB, 700x700
>>63773781
After this play I smoked a bowl and went out and had a drink for the first time in over a month. My nerves were so shot
>>
>>63773713
I wouldn't go that far. Let's assume Notre Dame beats Stanford. In that situation Oklahoma MIGHT jump/stay ahead of them depending on this week's rankings. Oklahoma State is probably too far back to jump them in that situation.

Oklahoma getting in is somewhere between toss-up and likely if they win. Oklahoma State would need some 2007-tier chaos to get in at this point. On top of winning Bedlam, they'd probably need Stanford to beat Notre Dame then have Michigan win the Big Ten since that would mean Iowa, Michigan State, and Ohio State all pick up another loss. Even that might not be enough if TCU doesn't beat Baylor. They controlled their own destiny until three days ago, now they're at the mercy of about half a dozen teams.
>>
>>63773815
Notre Dame is not getting in. Stanford would have to be a one loss team for that to even be on the table.

The committees bylaws CLEARLY state that an independent must be head and shoulders above a conference champion to get the nod and the fact that its even a debate indicates that this is not so.

With your schedule you have to go undefeated. That's dem breaks kid.

Besides there's still a legit chance that pretty much every team in the top 5 could lose so
>>
>>63773851
Yeah any chance of ND getting in took a fatal hit when Stanford lost to Oregon.
>>
>>63773851

>pretty much every team in the top 5 could lose so

Iowa and Nebraska will both lose?

Nope
>>
>>63773851
I'm not a Notre Dame fan by any means. I went to Colorado so I don't have a dog in this fight. I was just saying that whoever wins Bedlam shouldn't be penciled in just yet, especially not if Oklahoma State wins.
>>
>>63773881
Oklahoma can be, Okie State needs help, Baylor might get in if Okie State wins. The only sure thing is ND is out imo
>>
>>63773881
OU is the better team by far and the committee recognizes that. OU needs to win to completely atone for their one loss. I dont think OSU winning will get them in the playoff
>>
>>63773716
OU/tOSU bro-ship when? Can't wait for the series next year!
>>
>>63773920
I won't say anything's certain until I see the final rankings. I thought TCU was as good as in last year when they were 3rd in the second to last rankings then they got dropped all the way to 6th.
>>
>>63773920
If Okie State beats OU Baylor is winning the Big 12. Does that mean that Baylor has to be the Big 12 playoff contender?
>>
>>63773881

If Ok St. wins.

By the fagget committee's standards Ok St. has a stronger schedule than OU if they win.

>Muh Quality losses.
>>
>>63773977
Wont matter as Baylor owns the tiebreaker over Okie Lite. If Baylor and OSU both win out then Baylor is the conference champion which would fucking infuriate me

Not a single team I hate worse in this conference than Baylor
>>
>>63773967
Well, you were dumb for thinking that. It was painfully obvious they would be #6 based on massive resume differences. It's the same case this year. ND has an awful resume and quality of loss wont get you in the playoffs
>>
>>63773973
Not necessarily, but they'd probably get the higher ranking. When two teams are close to each other the committee looks at head-to-head. Since Baylor won by 10 in Stillwater they have a significant ranking advantage unless they view Oklahoma State as the clearly stronger team.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>63773806
>>63773851
>>63774005
>>
>>63773973
I think so. Okie St lost their head to head so that would put Baylor ahead due to similar resumes
>>
>>63774005

But does the committee care about who gets the conference champ title if no game is even played?

They could still have OK St. ranked higher afterwards. OK St. can jump with with a win over OU.

I don't know if it will happen that way, but it wouldn't be unreasonable.
>>
>>63770719
The OU-Texas game has been renamed to the AT&T Red River Showdown.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/oklahoma-texas-att-red-river-showdown/
>>
File: Iowa_Hawkeyes_logo[1].png (25 KB, 320x222) Image search: [Google]
Iowa_Hawkeyes_logo[1].png
25 KB, 320x222
Name a more overrated team in the history of collegiate football.

>Professional advice: You can't.
>>
>>63774045
I don't see how a champ game changes anything. Having a round robin system will get us in over any other non alabama one loss team.
>>
>>63774054
Northern Illinois went to a BCS bowl.
>>
>>63774054
Penn State before the kiddie diddling
>>
>>63774075
>us

What position do you play for the "big" "12", m8?
>>
File: SPONSORED CONTENT.png (38 KB, 653x331) Image search: [Google]
SPONSORED CONTENT.png
38 KB, 653x331
>>63774051

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>63774111
>AT&T
Is there a more keked rivalry in college football?
>>
>>63774108
I work in the media department. Hence the shitty webms.
>>
File: 2007usf.png (20 KB, 1020x68) Image search: [Google]
2007usf.png
20 KB, 1020x68
>>63774054
>>
>>63774075
Championship game is another game against a highly ranked opponent. That helps quite a bit.

>>63774051
The jews have won
>>
>>63774111
did you rename the file to sponsored content or did you literally download it like that
>>
>>63774075

What I said has nothing to do with "adding a championship game".

Ok St. can end up ranked higher after beating OU since Baylor won't play another tough team. If Baylor beats TCU then Texas Beat TTU, and Baylor beats Texas maybe they're higher. But I doubt Texas wins.

The CFB isn't ranking on head to head. If They think OSU is better when OK St. beats them than OK St. was when Baylor beat them conference champ won't matter. Because it actually doesn't.

>>63774157
Changed it
>>
>>63774135
I'd put Cal's 2007 team ahead of USF's on the overrated scale. Both got as high as #2 in the rankings but USF at least rebounded to get 9 wins while Cal fell apart to finish the regular season 6-6 with losses to the two worst teams in the Pac-10.
>>
>>63774147
But they're already playing everyone in their conference. I see what you're saying about adding to SoS, but it's not like a round-robin champion didn't have to beat good teams to be a conference champion.
>>
>>63774147
Ok so what happens if its a rematch? Does that regular season win not mean anything?

Only school I'd add at the drop of a hat is ND.
>>
>>63773945
>anyone
>wanting a bro-ship with an ohio state university
>>
>>63774230
If it's a rematch, like Oregon v. Arizona last year, it just bolsters the schedule with another win over a ranked opponent.

>>63774205
True, though it still hurts their SoS losing out on a full game against a great opponent. I don't think it's cripplingly so, but it does make it really hard for a team like Baylor who has such a soft OOC to get in the playoffs any given year. I'd say Oklahoma can always make it with one loss, and Okie St can usually make it woth one loss, and with TCU future schedules they can probably make it with one loss, but Baylor will almost every year not be able to make it unless they go undefeated. A championship game would give them cushion they don't have now.
>>
2016 Big 12 OOC Slate
TCU - Arkansas
OU - tOSU
UT - Cal/ND
TTU - ASU
KSU - Stanford
WVU - BYU/Mizzou
KU - Memphis
ISU - Iowa

Okie Lite - Pitt
Baylor - Northwestern State, SMU, Rice. 9 of Baylor's 12 games are in Texas.

This is why Baylor and Okie lite do not get respect
>>
>>63774280
>Ohio State
>wanting a broship with anyone

Seriously though, fuck off with this broship stuff, it's literally worse than letting a pack of elephants trunkfuck your gf til she dies
>>
>>63774324

>Even KU tried to make a realish schedule

I'm sure it's tied in with Basketball games, but still.
>>
>>63774324
Pitt is okay.

Baylor though, Baylor deserves to be held out of the playoffs on principle until they fix this shit.
>>
>>63774324
>>63774324
this tbqh flam

that's pretty embarrassing for gaylord
>>
>>63774054
ANY TEAM FROM THE LITTLE 10 AFTER 1990
>>
>>63774324
To be fair, Pitt is a better team than Arkansas, Cal, ASU, BYU, and Mizzou this season. I know they're most likely losing Tyler Boyd but it's not like they have any semblance of a passing game anyways, so who's to say they won't be better than those teams once again next season?
>>
>lose to the worst non-Kansas team in the Big XII
>barely beat the worst team in the SEC
Oklahoma is a literal meme, cannot wait until they win out and still get snubbed
>>
>>63774324
SEC is interesting

BAMA VS USC TROJANS
LSU VS WISCONSIN
AUBURN VS CLEMSON
OLE MISS VS FSU
GEORGIA VS NC
TAMU VS UCLA
Arkansas vs TCU
Msst vs BYU

All the games in caps are the first week of the season. Looks like the SEC is trying to minimize the damage of an OOC loss
>>
>>63774345
This desu senpai. Michigan/Slippery Rock is the only acceptable permanent broship in cfb.
>>
File: THEUofM.png (206 KB, 327x345) Image search: [Google]
THEUofM.png
206 KB, 327x345
post yfw Nebraska, Penn St, and Michigan all win on Saturday.

Bonus round: post yfw Auburn and South Carolina win, too.
>>
File: 1447722611791.jpg (93 KB, 594x594) Image search: [Google]
1447722611791.jpg
93 KB, 594x594
>>63774480
>>
File: godhathnomercy.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
godhathnomercy.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>63774480
>Bonus round: post yfw Auburn and South Carolina win, too
>>
>>63774422
They have a better record but in their division that doesnt mean anything, their 3 losses came to good teams but they havent really dominated anyone nor even beat anyone that matters. The GT win looked good early
>>
File: osu-crazy-fans01.jpg (42 KB, 448x299) Image search: [Google]
osu-crazy-fans01.jpg
42 KB, 448x299
>>63774480
Better yet, post >yfw Michigan State loses to Penn State, OSU beats Michigan and then Iowa, FSU beats Florida, Stanford beats ND, and Clemson and Alabama lose
>post yfw Ohio State becomes back to back national champs
>>
>>63774575
but then all of those Ohio State fans would have to return the MSU jerseys they bought at WalMart yesterday
>>
>>63774324
Baylor schedules those games because of the old SWC conference rivalries that used to mean something.

It's definitely hurting their credibility but it's not exactly easy to just stop scheduling those games. If they started scheduling an SEC or Pac-12 opponent every year instead of Northwestern State, they'd probably be fine.
>>
>>63774516
Putting records to the side (which I normally do when saying x team is better than y team) I still think Pitt is better than all of those teams - I could see an argument for Arkansas possibly playing better football this weekend, but the rest I don't think even have an argument really.
>>
>>63774575
>Pretending the National Championship isn't going to be between Notre Dame and Michigan

Honestly just stop Nuts
>>
>>63769474
>mississippi state
>elite

What?
>>
>>63774613
OSU isn't a bandwagon fanbase though, they're just extremely large and obnoxious. You'll be hardpressed to find a fanbase more loyal, even if a lot of diehard fans are rednecks in rural Ohio.

Alabama fans don't bandwagon either
>>
File: actuallyme.jpg (244 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
actuallyme.jpg
244 KB, 1600x1000
>>63774664
plz

the last game was such a bad way to end the rivalry, I have literally been aching for a chance for us to curbstomp them again.
>>
>>63773571
I thought you meant for the gameday sign thing, I somehow thought you replied to this guy >>63773354
sp yeah just ignore me
>>63773564
I like how you conveniently left out the part where I said I had family at both universities. So yeah, it would look like that im a "bandwagoner" because you're retarded
>>
>>63774629
Mizzou and BYU have definitely fallen off this year and who knows with Pinkel leaving and Taysom Hill dead
>>
>>63774625
If they wanted to do something like that they could at least schedule the better former SWC teams like Houston or Arkansas every now and then instead of constantly beating up on SMU and Rice.
>>
File: week13.png (113 KB, 671x819) Image search: [Google]
week13.png
113 KB, 671x819
Oh God I can't wait to be Saturday.
(Or Friday for TCU / Gaylor desu)
>>
>>63774792
Oh yeah, OU is playing Houston next year too. I think Bob is trying to put a G5 air raid offense on his schedule early in the year so he can get the defense used to it.

Playing Tulsa early one really helped prep the team for WVU, TTU, Baylor, and TCU
>>
>>63774625
>Baylor schedules those games because of the old SWC conference rivalries that used to mean something.
That's not true. Look at their future schedule. They continue to schedule FCS teams and shit teams. They just announced a series against Louisiana Tech and one against Abilene Christian last year. They are still seeking out this shit schedule and they don't play the same shitty teams every year, just shitty teams.
>>
>>63774792
Don't forget how bad and irrelevant Baylor was until like 5 years ago

They were literally Rice/SMU tier until the 2010s
>>
>>63774743
Having family at both universities doesn't fucking matter. In terms of fans and alumni my family is split almost down the middle between the two schools and you won't catch me cheering for Okie Lite, especially not against Oklahoma. So, yes, you're still a bandwagon faggot who shouldn't be using an OU-related name if you cheer for one of their rivals to beat them.
>>
>>63774929

You're literally talking to Baker Gayfield.
>>
>>63774860
ok yeah scheduling liberty and incarnate word is kinda dumb, i'll give you that.

still the big 12 is usually strong enough in conference that if one team goes wire to wire they're gonna be in the CFP, the problem is always this time of year when the conference cannibalizes itself and the sooners win by default
>>
>>63774929
Bedlam is not a real rivalry though
>>
>>63775017
It's not like Texas is or Nebraska was, but it's still inexcusable to pick Little Brother over your own school when they're playing each other for any reason.
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (100 KB, 718x680) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
100 KB, 718x680
who /hastoplayashitschoolonRivalryWeekbecausenootherteamcaresaboutyouenoughtoconsideryoutheirmainrival/ here?

I swear it's like going to prom with the 5/10 after you almost made it with a 10/10, but then later that night you look into her eyes and realize she really cares about you, and you actually feel happy for a moment, and then you go and break here heart anyway and now you're all alone and you realize the last time you were truly happy was that night, and you wonder if you should just lower your standards, but you don't want to, because you're always so close, but you also think that you should have loved her despite the fact that she wasn't the prettiest girl in the world, I mean, she wasn't ugly for god's sake, and you wonder what she's up to, but you know she's hundreds of miles away now, and having fun on her own, and you're alone in your apartment browsing /sp/.

Anyway yeah that's what playing Vandy to end every season is like.
>>
>>63773781
When he broke out for that run I bet he was thinking "SHIT, I have to run so fucking far on this bum leg." You could see his anguish at the end.
>>63773806
I couldnt' sleep that night
>>63774929
My cousin is a trainer at Ok Lite, is it too much to want Ok Lite to go to a bowl for his sake? Jesus christ. and I wasn't "cheering" for OkSU, I just didn't really care if OU won. Cocksucker
>>
>>63775003
Yeah, but notice how Oklahoma will be pretty much guaranteed in this year if they win out by everyone, where Baylor got held out last year, and will likely get held out in favor of ND this year? Or how UNC over in the ACC likely won't make it at 1 loss due to OOC? Or how people question Iowa because the B1G West is weak this year?

All of these are why an OOC strength of schedule matters
>>
File: teemco.jpg (32 KB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
teemco.jpg
32 KB, 400x239
>>63775017

Idk man, is Teemco a legit sponsor?
>>
File: IMG_20151124_151303.jpg (162 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151124_151303.jpg
162 KB, 1024x640
Is this here the low point of Miami football?
>>
>>63775235
I can't imagine a lower point than the Clemson game
>>
>>63775140
>I wasn't "cheering" for OkSU, I just didn't really care if OU won.

Bullshit. In another thread you flat-out said you wanted them to beat OU. Besides, this is their 10th year in a row of making a bowl game. One 5-7 year wouldn't have been the end of the world for your cousin.
>>
>>63775235
when they lose it will be
>>
>>63775164
Is Oklahoma garanteed? Im pretty sure the committee will put Notre Dame in over Oklahoma if the ND wins. I think Oklahoma will have to blow out OSU to jump Notre Dame, but we'll see later tonight. What do you think the chances are that Michigan State jumps ND or Oklahoma?
>>
>>63775301
then the U will have something in common with Michigan.......

....then again it wouldn't have been at home
>>
>>63775288
Having to travel TO Appalachian State?
>>
>>63775164
SOS matters but it's also the name of the uni, which is what your post lends credence to more than anything else IMO

Baylor gets held out last year despite having an objectively better resume than Ohio State because it's Baylor, UNC gets held out because 1A. they're UNC (and not say ND) and 1B. they're not an undefeated ACC team (even though the ACC is pretty much a B1G clone these days and CFP and voters will suck every dick in sight if it meant having a B1G team in the playoff).

if anything it just speaks to some kind of "tradition" outweighing what happens in a given year. say what you will about computers but they never gave "tradition" or overrated teams any credit, that was all the coaches poll.

CFP i think overall is a good thing but without expansion to 8 or 12 (to include every conference champion and a few at-larges) the tradition meme will always fuck over some other school every year, and this year it looks like notre dame will likely be fucking over a big 12 team unless the sooners win out (even though baylor and oklahoma state will both have a better resume than notre dame assuming all 3 have 1 loss)
>>
>>63775123
Miami here

I guess we are trying to start some day after thanksgiving rivalry with Pittsburgh because we've done it the past 5 fucking years it seems like. But both teams suck by then so it doesn't matter at all
>>
>>63775289
It wouldnt have been the end of the world for me if Oklahoma lost the game either. I just didn't care at that point in the year. Right now, if Oklahoma lost it would probably ruin my week and hurt every time I thought about it.
>>
>>63775363
Pretty sure Michigan was a heavy favorite
Not sure if Miami would necessarily be
>>
>>63775345
Honestly it all depends of the quality of the wins.
OU booty blasting OSU while Our Lady struggling against the Cardinal? They're in
OU struggling against OSU while Notre Dame booty blasted Stanford? They're out
Same shit with tOSU.
>>
>>63775397

I like the "BlooBloods Loyalty College Football Royalty" rankings.

If you don't you're from some shit non blue blood school and shouldn't be allowed to talk about /cfb/ or post here.
>>
>>63775345
It's guaranteed. There's no way ND gets in over Oklahoma.

>>63775397
>Baylor gets held out last year despite having an objectively better resume than Ohio State because it's Baylor
Literally and unironically, wut? Baylor wasn't even close to OSU in strength of schedule and the Big 12 was horrible. OSU blew the doors of Wisconsin, MSU, and Minnesota, all ranked teams. Baylor barely beat TCU and their only other win was K State who had 0 (zero) wins against ranked teams
>>
>>63775288
It's gotten so bad that no one besides FSU/UF fans find it funny. It's just sad. Still, most U fans can probably remember winning a championship so it's not like I feel bad for them.

But it is kind of sad.
>>
>>63771302
Yes.
>>
>>63775412
Not letting them "make" their season against you should be motivation enough. It's like 2001 when they finished 3-8 or 4-7 but won in Norman to keep OU from playing Colorado in the Big 12 championship and getting a shot at playing/getting bootyblasted by Miami. (let's be honest here, Miami probably could have beat the Carolina Panthers that year). They didn't get a bowl game, but winning Bedlam made their season. Last year a loss would have put them at 5-7 but they won and got bowl eligible so it made their season.
>>
>>63774471
Based Rock
>>
>>63775572
Ohio State lost to Virginia Tech at home by two touchdowns.

Baylor lost by the same amount on the road to West Virginia.

Ohio State played two ranked opponents all season, one of which was Wisconsin, who was hilariously overrated. Baylor played and beat three ranked opponents, two of which were in the top 10.

Come on now.
>>
>>63775943
we're (meaning miami fans) all kind of pissed, but the talent level is still there in the skill positions.

it's a combination of coaching (which is a major factor) and the inability to recruit a good defensive front and one or two guys on the secondary.

miami will be good again when it has a good defense. they still recruit some of the best athletes in the country but they're letting talent bleed out of south florida and until that stops happening they won't be "back".

get the right head coach in there and stop trying to recruit 3.5 gpa players, plant the flag in south florida the way schnellenberger, jimmy johnson, and butch davis did and they'll be back to a perennial top 10 program in no time.
>>
>>63776137
>schnellenberger
Now there's a man who taught me the meaning of disappointment.
>>
>>63774809
>tfw only 6th in the group
>>
>>63775966
Thats totally different, OU got denied a chance to play for an NC. Even if OkSU was 5-6 that year and was competing for a bowl I wouldn't have wanted them to win. I don't care if that made their season, I care that it "ruined" ours. However last year, it really didn't do anything other than place us in a game against a lesser bowl, and then we still ended up getting smashed.
>>
>>63775966
2001 miami would've probably gone 4-12 in the NFL that year even with ken dorsey at QB

the entire defense was like a pro bowl roster
>>
>>63776171
Oklahoma fans know that schnellenberger feel
>>
>>63776061
OSU played and beat 3 ranked opponents, Baylor beat two. across the board, OSU's opponents were better than Baylor's. West Virginia ended the season ranked below Virginia Tech by everybody.

Your facts and numbers are wrong which is why you came to an extremely inaccurate conclusion.

>hilariously overrated Wisconsin
>both MSU and Wisconsin win in their bowls while K State loses to a lesser opponent and Baylor loses to MSU
It wasn't close and it was quite apparent. Cincinnati was ranked higher than over half of Baylor's schedule.

Kansas State was not in the top ten
>>
>>63776177
Okie Lite making their season by winning Bedlam is just as bad as them ruining Oklahoma's season by winning Bedlam. It still gives them that feather in their hat. I'd rather lose to fucking Kansas and be a laughingstock than give the Pokes that kind of bragging rights.
>>
>>63775397
I'm going to lay some truth on you here:

Oklaholma is the only Big12 school that is remotely good. Your entire conference is a joke. Winning against TCU means nothing. Winning against Baylor means nothing.

When you start scheduling good out of conference games, you might make it to the playoffs, until then it's all delusion.
>>
>>63776222
Howard Schnellenberger's debut was the first OU game I ever went to. I was also at John Blake's last game. Those were a painful few years.
>>
>>63776295

That's a lot of butthurt.
>>
>>63776061
None of that is accurate. V Tech was considered better than WVU by season's end, Wisconsin was not at all overrated and beat an SEC West team despite not even having a coach, the actual overrated team was K State who lost to the team Wisconsin beat without their coach, OSU had 3 ranked opponents (MSU, Wiscy, Minnesota), Baylor had 2 (TCU, K State). OSU played 11 teams that went to bowl games, Baylor played six and played an FCS opponent. Literally no room to even argue on that one
>>
File: 2131241231.png (96 KB, 1110x939) Image search: [Google]
2131241231.png
96 KB, 1110x939
>>63776259
you can't count what happened after the fact. obviously ohio state deserved to win the national championship last year and no one is disputing that, they won the playoff.

when these discussions are had, we're transporting ourselves back to selection sunday.

keep in mind that the week prior, #5 baylor beat #9 kansas state, while #6 ohio state beat #11 wisconsin.

if we start there, there is no logical reason for ohio state to have leapfrogged baylor other than traveling fans and/or a conference title game.
>>
File: memearrowssecisoverrated.png (44 KB, 609x564) Image search: [Google]
memearrowssecisoverrated.png
44 KB, 609x564
>>63776341
>>63776295
Here's what a real, non joke conference looks like:
>>
>>63776295
i'm not a big 12 homer, i just really don't like how the big 10 gets their semen slurped by everybody when that conference does fuck all every single year

notre dame gets the same kind of treatment

when you consider where the top 3 big 12 teams were ranked this season until they started losing to each other, and that if they all end the season with one loss they will still get fucked over by notre dame (whose best win is against...navy now?), its really hard to like any big 10 school or notre dame
>>
>>63776176
I'm 5th :3
>>
>>63776463

But 7th in the Big 12 beat Arkansas head to head.

Big 12 7> Sec 7
>>
File: oski.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
oski.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>63771289
bear raid here
>>
>>63776179
Best college football team in the history?
>>
>>63776701
That would be 1971 Nebraska
>>
>>63776701
Quite possibly. The only team I could think of who would even be close is probably Nebraska's 1995 team and I'd still give that one to Miami 8 or 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>63776435
It's their ranking at the end of the season that counts, not at the time of the game. At the end of the season, Minnesota was ranked. Oklahoma was no longer ranked, and in fact ranked below another OSU opponent, Cincinnati, in several measures.

Only half of Baylor's games were against top 100 opponents. Baylor had an absolutely dreadful schedule. The top end of OSU's was slightly better than Baylor's, but the meat of it isn't even comparable. FCS schools and bottom 100 teams hurt your SoS significantly.

This graphic was displayed on ESPN using the SoS measures the committee used to explain to retards why beating 2 ranked teams handedly and blowing another out, while playing a much tougher rest of your schedule, is better than barely beating one ranked team and beating another close and playing a shit ton of teams not in the top 100 in the NCAA.
>>
>>63776701
i would say the most complete football team. some say the 1995 huskers were as good or close but they ran a meme offense and miami ran a pro-style which is why people say they probably would've been at least somewhat competitive in the NFL (in addition to all the NFL talent that team had).

most people would say they are the best team of all time because of the average margin of victory and the sheer dominance they showed outside of one road game against boston college when they squeaked one out.
>>
>When asked about his favorite Egg Bowl moment, Laquon Treadwell responded with "Dak's flip last year"

Dak was hit after the whistle blew and he had stopped running. There wasn't even a flag because it was in Oxford.

Is there a worse fanbase than Northern Mississippi?

https://youtu.be/gImbR7_0ur8
>>
File: baylor-tcu-ohio-state-chart-tri.jpg (109 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
baylor-tcu-ohio-state-chart-tri.jpg
109 KB, 1200x800
>>63776801
>>63776435
More graphics to educate the dumb
>>
>>63776801
still doesn't explain why baylor was #5 and buckeyes were #6, both beat their opponents in the same week while baylor's was better by the same committee, and yet ohio state jumped them

if all that shit applied baylor shouldn't have been #5 to start with full stop, and the fact that they were #5 and got leaped over for doing their job makes zero sense.

tl;dr if that shit held any water the committee wouldn't have put ohio state behind baylor before the week of december 6
>>
>>63776512

well if you added a couple of teams to make a championship game people would try to take your conference seriously
>>
>>63776463
>Tennessee at 16
toplel
did espn make this list
>>
>>63776933
for the 50th time im not a big 12 homer, i dont give two shits about it

im an objective observer, i agree the big 12 should have a conference title game but that doesn't mean they didn't get robbed last year just like they're about to get robbed this year.
>>
>>63776701

95 Nebraska team. Only reason some people even rate the 2001 Miami team higher is because of muh pro talent which Osborne would still would wipe the floor with.
>>
File: laughing sloots.jpg (391 KB, 1739x1446) Image search: [Google]
laughing sloots.jpg
391 KB, 1739x1446
>>63776463
>one top ten team
>>
>>63776933
That would be a band-aid when you need a tourniquet. Even if they add a couple schools to get to 12 or are allowed to put in a deregulated title game I still can't see Oklahoma or Texas staying past the grant of rights. There's no way they're making up for the prestige hit they took over the last six years. In terms of brand recognition and historical success there's no one they could realistically add that would replace the loss of Nebraska or even Texas A&M and Colorado.
>>
>>63776931
The committee remakesrankings every week. It's not BCS standings where it's informed by the week before, at least not theoretically. Therefore, nobody actually got jumped. However, I would assume that the fact that Minnesota became a top 25 opponent, Cincinnati won their conference championship, and TCU's value dropping due to the drop of K State's respective value, along with the fact that 59-0 over an opponent ranked close to an opponent another team beat 38-27 represents a better win.

Also, half the Big 12 played and lost a game that final week. Those losses all hurt Baylor's SoS.
>>
File: yogi.jpg (86 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
yogi.jpg
86 KB, 900x600
>big xii fails to make the playoffs for a second year and dissolves
sorry just fantasizing out loud
>>
>>63774324
Are you trying to say that BYU/Mizzou and Memphis are generally better than Pitt?
>>
>>63777212

We can all hope.
>>
>>63777212
If they make the playoff, expansion isn't happening

the Big XII teams make too much money to care otherwise
>>
>>63773851
the committee's bylaws absolutely do not state that. Please provide evidence otherwise with citations. They certainly strongly consider conference championships, but they consider a number of other factors. I'm open to other sources, but I think this link is pretty reliable.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/selection-committee-protocol
>>
>>63777025
1995 huskers ran the same offense 2001 huskers ran and miami obliterated them

it wasn't the same talent level but that meme option bullshit would have been destroyed by the 2001 canes.
>>
>>63777214

not him but BYU has a better mascot so yes
>>
>>63777212
>Alabama gets memed by Auburn
>beats Florida in SECCG
>Michigan State loses to Penn State
>Ohio State loses to Michigan
>Iowa loses in the Big10CC
>Notre Dame loses to Stanford
>baylor and Oklahoma clean up TCu and OK lite and both get into the playoffs as #3 and #4 seeds
>win they're respective games
>Big 12 champ game
>SEC teams panic
>Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and LSU join the Big 12
>Kentucky and Venderbilt join the Big 10
>SC, jawjaw join ACC
>2017 remaining former B12 SEC teams finally cave and return to big 12 (missouri, texas AM)
>rest split between ACC
>Alabama/auburn and the mississippis stay in independent limbo and play 3 fcs teams a year
>>
>>63777125
can we just drop the charade and admit ohio state's fans travel better and that's why they got in

again i'm willing to concede that they deserved the championship last year if you're willing to concede that ticket sales are the reason they were there in the first place
>>
>>63777024
those ranked teams played terrible schedules, that's why they were ranked so high. That isn't necessarily evidence that they were great, their schedules were all backloaded. TCU could very well finish the season unranked with 0 impressive wins.
>>
>>63777686
>m-must've been a conspiracy
>>
>>63777515
the 2001 huskers were a 1 loss team that was far less talented
1995 Nebraska was far more dominant than 2001 nebraska
>>
>>63777439
The whole conference champs thing is perpetuated by idiots who don't understand Strength of Schedule and latched on to the nearest meme as to why Baylor was left out for OSU. The Big 12 SoS was hurt by not having a conference championship because an extra game against another ranked opponent would have given TCU or Baylor a clear edge, not because the committee explicitly penalized for lack of conference championship games.

The whole conference champs thing is totally overblown. There's a reason SoS graphic is always displayed every week and the rankings of the teams in question often fall according to the graphic. The committee is practically yelling at you that this measure is what matters
>>
>>63777737
Your theory ignores the part where Baylor (and TCU) were ranked above OSU until the last game of the season
>>
>>63777737
I think winning a conference championship game is important because its an extra win against a quality important, which it seems like you agree with

I think the status of conference champion is only explicitly used to separate two teams from the same conference trying to get one cfp spot.
>>
>>63777821
his theory actually accounts for that perfectly. Ohio state stacked on another high quality win.
>>
>>63777894
Not if it was supposedly apparent that OSU had a better schedule all year.
>>
>>63777952
unless it was close and then clearly better. SoS only takes into account games already played.
>>
>>63777694
so is losing to clemson an impressive win?

even if you count navy for ND as an impressive win the top 3 big 12 teams finish with better resumes assuming they all win out.

you can't call the big 12 OOC schedule trash and in the same breath think notre dame deserves a CFP spot over one of them.
>>
>>63777724
how is this a conspiracy

its a documented thing that happens every year, they're just more candid about it in lesser bowls
>>
>>63777894
>another

you mean one of two, while TCU and Baylor both beat 3 ranked teams.
>>
>>63777686
If the big 12 would have had a conference championship instead of their meme round robin shit, to give TCU and Baylor a chance to solidify their ranking, the winner of that game would have made it in over OSU.
>>
>>63778166
Baylor is not a great win for Oklahoma. It's a decent win. TCU is also not great.
So it's closer than you think. But if Oklahoma beats OSU than they should easily get in over Notre Dame, and it would be a joke if they didn't. OSU on the road would be a great fucking win.
I am a Temple fan so no bias here.
>>
>>63777952
The last week of the season featured several events that made their schedule definitively better and nerfed TCU, which in turn somewhat nerfed Baylor.

Most notable events that occurred on December 6th:
>OSU beats Wisconsin, 59 - 0.
Adds OSU ranked blowout win, increases their SoS.
>Baylor beats K State.
Adds ranked win for Baylor, but also hurts TCU's strength, which also, in turn slightly affects Baylor's strength
>TCU blows out Iowa St
This does almost nothing for TCU because Iowa State is so bad, but it also slides another Baylor opponent out of the top 100.
>Cincinnati beats Houston
Clinches Cincinnati a share of the AAC title. Gives OSU a boost in their SoS.
>Oklahoma loses Bedlam to Okie State
This one is the killer. The reason Baylor and TCU still had a stronger ranking was simple: Oklahoma was still a ranked opponent. Bedlam caused a few things to happen:
>Oklahoma slid out of top 25
>they were replaced in the top 25 by Minnesota
>Cincinnati's win coupled with Oklahoma's loss likely put them close to or possibly even above Oklahoma in rankings

Before December 6th, TCU had two ranked wins and played 3 ranked teams, while OSU had played just one ranked team. Baylor had beaten two ranked teams. After December 6th, OSU now had 3 wins against ranked teams, Baylor 2, and TCU 2 and a loss.

The teams don't exist in a vacuum, and other events, particularly Bedlam, changed the landscape
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.