[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing Pokemon Go to get laid I don't get what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: Screenshot_2016-07-14-02-01-59.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-14-02-01-59.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
Playing Pokemon Go to get laid

I don't get what the fuck is so great about this Pokemon Go thing, all I see is pic related when I open it. Seems like a waste of time and I'd rather play the gameboy games.

But from what I've seen on social media, normies are on Pokemon go like flies to shit, and its actually bringing out tons of people in marked locations.

Think I can use it to make friends and shit? Seems better than going to a bar.
>>
File: 1456119520521.jpg (71 KB, 735x599) Image search: [Google]
1456119520521.jpg
71 KB, 735x599
>>29940887

some other autist already made a thread for this shit app

In short is just another fad that normies are going crazy over.

Its OBJECTIVELY worse then all of the old pokemon games, along with any of the new ones released.
You're better off spending your time with one of the 3ds games

>>29937972

Theres to the other thread
>>
>>29940887
Pretty much, huge fan and clocked in thousands of hours on the gameboy games (pokemon emerald was my favourite). Didn't even bother downloading this crap
>>
>>29940887
Drive into town, like a relatively populated area, then walk around. Way more pokestops in population centers.
>>
>>29940938
This is why a ton of people here are miserable. You can't just enjoy something. Sure you could go off and play a more developed game for the 3DS, there's nothing wrong with that, but don't compare it to GO which clearly has a different purpose than to entertain one player at a time.

OP try playing GO and meet a few people. If you're not having fun then drop it, but at least give it a shot -- it's not like it'll kill you, and at the very least it'll give you something to talk about.
>>
File: 1459135005728.jpg (83 KB, 620x681) Image search: [Google]
1459135005728.jpg
83 KB, 620x681
>>29941034

>This is why a ton of people here are miserable. You can't just enjoy something

But I tried sharing the versions of the game I enjoy with OP, and the versions he will most likely have more fun with too.
>>
>>29941066

Yeah but you were putting it down for most of your post. There's no problem recommending the other games, but you shouldn't discourage people from trying it out just because normies are into it and the other games are actual games.
>>
File: 1460906017486.gif (847 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460906017486.gif
847 KB, 480x270
>>29941111

most stuff normalfags flock to are generally bad

They only flock to it because of reasons that isn't them actually liking the thing
>>
>>29941176
So? It's not as though GO is flat out boring. Not saying you have to like it, but don't rule it out as normie shit. Try going to a meetup or something, at the very least you'll meet some people and have something to talk about. The experience itself is what's worth it.
>>
>>29941242
Why do you seem so desperate for people to play? No don't answer, I already know you're a shill. You've been shitting up these boards for days now.

Oh I guess you won't be getting paid now? My bad :^)
>>
>>29941336
lel defending it isn't the same as being desperate to get people to play. I don't care whether or not you play, it, just offering my two cents that you shouldn't just knock it like that because you might have more fun than you expect. But sure, get asshurt and call me a shill, have fun doing whatever else you're doing (^:
>>
>>29941396
The person you replied to is the tripfag. He turned off his trip to samefag. I've seen him do it before when he gets BTFO.
>>
>>29941176
This dude gets it.

The problem I have with Pokemon Go is that the same exact game came out before and very few people actually played it compared to the number of people playing Pokemon Go.

The only reason normies are playing Ingress now is not because they actually enjoy Ingress or like the concept provided behind it, but they like the Pokemon Skin. This can be evidenced by the choice to only use the original 151 pokemon at a period in time where the people who grew up with that generation are adults and may still have nostalgia for the days when they were engrossed in Pokemon.

Normies don't like the video game for the gameplay, but the skin attached to it. Because of the skin, they will attempt to play the video game.

Due to the fact that so many people harbor this nostalgia, a large number of people decided to start playing Pokemon Go. Because a large number of people started playing Pokemon Go, even more people started playing Pokemon Go so they could be in the "in crowd" while being able to capitalize on ironic nerd cred despite there being very little to "nerd" about other than the fact that the things you can capture are from the first generation of Pokemon.

After showing a number of people who play Pokemon Go what Ingress was, they all had similar reactions:

>It looks too complicated
>Deploy? What's that?
>I don't get it

Yet you throw a pokemon skin on it and people want to play the video game all of a sudden.

Not to mention the fact that common sense and morality is at an all time low, leading a number of people to trespass, commit theft, murder, or otherwise all while walking around like a bunch of zombies with their eyes glued to their phone with no spacial awareness in regards to their surroundings.

All it's gonna take is one dude to get a bit too into the game and start shooting up the unsuspecting people so they can reclaim their Gym or whatever the fuck it is.
>>
>>29941462
All I'm hearing is that GO appeals to people for nostalgia. Is that really enough to be disgusted by it? Hell if people are enjoying themselves and reminiscing over their childhood, I don't get what's so bad about it. Even better, since you'll have more to talk about.

I tried Ingress for a little while when it came out and yeah while it's similar to GO, I'm having more fun with it because it's based around Pokemon and it sorta feels like I'm a trainer meeting other trainers.
>>
File: 1461297532024.jpg (16 KB, 359x267) Image search: [Google]
1461297532024.jpg
16 KB, 359x267
>Hear about an area about half an hour away from here that has tons of pokestops
>Go there
>10:30PM on a wednesday night
>Everyone walking the streets on their phones playing the game
>Lures on multiple pokestops. Pokemon everywhere
>Go to an area with benches within two or three stops, two of them with lures
>people everywhere
>not nerds, normies
>qt grills
>DJ playing music
>it's like a fucking outside party minus the alcohol
>suddenly a kadabra appears
>everyone goes nuts

This is so fucking bizarre. I played Ingress about a year or so ago and I thought it was pretty fun, but didn't stick with it because of the lack of community, at least I had trouble getting in touch with people and my friends weren't interested. And never did I meet a fellow Ingress player while I was playing it myself. Maybe if I was in a city or on a college campus it would've have been that way, but still.

Now people are crowding the streets playing this game, cars are parked in various places to catch rare pokemon and capture gyms, most of my friends are into it, half the posts on goybook are Pokemon Go... I wonder how long this will last.
>>
>>29941529
If I wanted nostalgia, I'd just play the original red and blue
>>
The dumbest thing about this app isn't the fact that you can't have traditional battles or the retarded leveling system or the retarded evolving system but the fact that you can't see other players who are near by pop up on your map. I've seen so many people who might be playing the game but the only way to tell if they are or not is if they're retardedly flicking their phone for a bit. This is wasted potential, the game.
>>
>>29941588
I don't think broadcasting people's locations to others would be a very good idea, anon
>>
>>29941462
just because you're autistic and can't appreciate aesthetics doesn't mean that the "skin," appearance, ease of use, and familiarity aren't all valid qualities of something
>>
File: 20160706_185956.jpg (462 KB, 761x1000) Image search: [Google]
20160706_185956.jpg
462 KB, 761x1000
>>29940887
>mfw Playing Pokemon Go to get laid
>username is TaichiYagami01

Wew lad, its safe to say your a virgin for a reason bucko
>>
>>29941583
Yeah you can do that, but you could also try GO and have something to talk about while potentially meeting people.

I'm not saying you have to like or be super into it, but I'm tired of reading threads on this board where people act like they're too smart to be into anything pupils, then worry why they seem like autists who have nothing to talk about when they're out in public. At least give something an honest try before you bash it.
>>
>>29941612
That was almost me. I downloaded it on the first day not realizing how big this game was gonna be so I tried picking a bunch of weeb names and they were all taken. Luckily I ended up choosing a pretty normal name. Now when I find a grill playing I won't be ashamed of myself like OP.
>>
File: mootoo.png (75 KB, 200x401) Image search: [Google]
mootoo.png
75 KB, 200x401
First Mewtwo happened

https://youtu.be/3z4UYscttAE
>>
File: 1456558479044.gif (250 KB, 378x490) Image search: [Google]
1456558479044.gif
250 KB, 378x490
>>29941462

(you) for pretty much covering all of it

The same people that would have laughed at those playing pokemon in school are now the ones who are "massive pokemon fans"

>>29941580
Its a fad, thats all normalfags do is just go with whatever trends are in right now

>>29941645
>and it means literally nothing

that mewtwo can't battle, be traded, or even be levelled up properly.
>>
>>29941643
what is a good way of picking normie names? i'm not very creative so i usually just take pregenerated ones or make nonsense words
>>
All I've seen so far are people talking about how bad the people playing this game are, but not much as to why they're actually unwilling to try it -- just assumptions that everyone they'll meet will just be obnoxious.

If you tried it and didn't like it, kudos to you for trying it. If you refuse to try it because "REEE normies", I hope that's not your mindset for everything popular.
>>
>>29941800
Anything that isn't nerdy I guess. mine uses part of my actual name in, using your actual first or last name seems pretty normie to me
>>
>>29941701
>it's just a normalfag fotm
Yeah, but is it really different from when we were kids? Probably the main reason I played Pokemon in elementary school was because you'd always have someone to play with during recess. Pokemon was never really an amazing game, just a cozy normalfag meme. Although, I haven't played a Pokemon game since red/blue came out and that shit was just as hype

I haven't tried the app yet either. If it's FarmVille with Pokemon, that'll be my last fuck.. gone
>>
>>29941580
>suddenly a kadabra appears
>everyone goes nuts

but isn't when pokemon appears is only for the on player?, other players can't see what pokemon pops up to you.
>>
File: 1458829345786.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458829345786.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>29942073

its a dumbed down farmville with pokemon.

Farmville unironically has more things to do in it.

I'm currently enjoying the 3ds version and waiting for sun and moon

>you'd always have someone to play with during recess.

everything was banned in my school, even the trading cards
>>
>>29942108
People can see whatever pops up near a lure module. Other spawns depend on your level and an incense spawn is exclusive to the user.
>>
>>29942108
Everyone sees the same pokemon in the same places, but they spawn and then despawn within 15 minutes. But its CP (basically the Pokemons level) is different depending on your level. Doesn't matter if it's within a lure zone.

Incense is the only thing that changes what pokemon one person finds
>>
>>29942146
>dumbed down version of farmville
Except you have to interact with retards irl via pokestops which normies thrive off of.

Also preordered sun/moon here also. I liked X & Y and before that I played gen 2 was the last one I played
>>
>>29940887
>ran out of pokeballs
>dont want to continuously go to pokestops to restock all my shit or pay

fuck this game
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.