[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When an attractive guy is autistic, do people think of him as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
When an attractive guy is autistic, do people think of him as mysterious rather than weird/autist?

or is it the same?
>>
They regard you as a bitch. Masculinity is a MUST if you're attractive.
>>
>>29881116
Why do you think I'm always posting Roman and German memes
>>
>>29881096
People either think I'm scary or complain that I never pay attention to anyone and tell me I'm gonna die alone. I thought getting fit and fixing my style was all I needed.
>>
>>29881096
You become literally a rapist. Im unattractive enough that people just think im a joke
>>
People think youre shy or wierd, which is what I am i guess. If you ever actually try talk to a girl they realise youre a loser. At least they check you out i guess thats something r-right
>>
>>29883292
oh or they just think youre gay
>>
tfw no qt autist bf
>>
>>29883323
just because we're autists doesn't mean we'll settle for dick Mr. Trap
>>
>>29883366
>implying
oregon
>>
>>29881096
yeah we are mysterious up until they get to know us or we deny them the dick because of our high standards/insecurity
>>
>>29881096
I'm not exactly attractive but when I talk to women they think I'm gay because they notice something is off but they don't know how to classify it.

They don't know what a NEET is nor what it feels like to talk to an autistic person.
>>
Apparently people either think I'm "too good for them" or arrogant. I am kind of mean to be fair though.
>>
PSA to robots who think they're attractive, you're not.
>>
File: 1440729162714.jpg (27 KB, 591x422) Image search: [Google]
1440729162714.jpg
27 KB, 591x422
>>29883454
>they notice something is off but they don't know how to classify it
I was not prepared to Feel today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBzUfjkdPq4
>>
>>29883533
Why not?

adwashkbhljk
>>
>>29885332

That's not how life goes. Robots being delusional as usual
>>
>>29883533
>>29885354
I lost weight after I left school and became a NEET, and became relatively attractive.
>>
>>29881096
>When an attractive guy is autistic

When you say autistic do you mean actual autism, or just social awkwardness? According to this board, just about everyone on the fucking planet is autistic.
>>
I know this guy who autistic as me, but he's way more attractive than me and still gets grills. He told me once that it's pretty exhausting living that way.
>>
File: 1461402473965.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1461402473965.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>>29883533

sometimes I like to have a little hope
>>
There are no attractive autistic guys. Autism -> Bad genes -> Unattractive body.

Attractive autists is a meme propogated by television and anime/manga.
>>
no they just think ur an asshole
>stoic most of the time
>never get banter so just play it straight
>expressionless face that apparently looks like I'm mad since my brow shape is slanted down
>never do anything on weekends so when people ask what I did I say nothing much, they probably think I am lying
>never have anything to say so just sit silently, people probably think I dislike them so that's why I don't talk
so on and so forth.
people just think I'm a cunt when in reality I'm s boring, personalityless loser who does nothing but work, workout, and lurk 4chan
I'm be much happy as an average looking man since then everyone would ignore me
>>
>>29883315
This. I've given up on correcting them. People just think I'm in denial or too ashamed.
>>
>>29883533
this is absolutely true
i understand bots wanting to stick together and boost each other's ego and self-esteem, but come on
grow some autistic robot balls and learn to be blunt and uncompromising

if someone's ugly, be blunt about it
don't let them continue deluding themselves
>>
Depends on how autistic. If his autism is too mild, they think of him as an awkward, shy, cute guy.
If he's seriously autistic, it's worse than being ugly, but better than being ugly AND autistic since he may get used by some girl with a fetish is he's lucky enough.
If he's autistic to the point of being machiavellian and intelligent enough to manipulate people, then he can be seen as a mysterious kind of guy.
>>
>>29881096
I think I explained it perfectly in this post in the other thread >>29877339

But the CliffsNotes are yes, being attractive will absolutely change the way people perceive autistic behavior. Autism will be seen as mysterious behavior with a deep, hidden meaning. Even annoying, douchey stuff will be seen as cute and playful.
>>
>>29888072
>If he's autistic to the point of being machiavellian and intelligent enough to manipulate people

That's not how that works at all.
>>
>>29881096
everybody at my school thought I was a stoner
people even tried to sell me drugs which i only realized in retrospect because im autistic
>>
Somewhat attractive "autistic" guy here.

Yes, many girls have told me there is an aura of mistery around me when in truth is just that i have the personality of a brick. Or that i am a jerk and i dont care, when, then again, is just that i cant emote.
>>
File: tiger.gif (1000 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tiger.gif
1000 KB, 500x750
>>29888259
I had the same experience in junior high. I somehow developed this reputation as an enormous pothead but in a stroke of serendipity, smoking weed was seen as cool and it made me kinda popular. Here's a gif of a tiger underwater.
>>
>>29888292

I'm a somewhat attractive guy with actual, diagnosed, non-meme autism. Girls have never told me I seem "mysterious" (a few guys have), but some have said I seem really mature and "like I'm an actual adult." What they don't realize is that my supposed reservedness is really me focusing extremely hard on trying to analyze everything I say and how I say it, constantly reminding myself not to saying things that come to mind which might be inappropriate or rude without me realizing it. I never go out on weekends, and when I get home it's not uncommon for me to spend the entire night rocking back in forth in my chair listening to the one song on loop until I go to bed.
>>
>>29888503
Man you sound like me, except for that autstic habit you have with your chair. I've been told I behave like an adult since HS, even my hair was turning white at that moment (thanks genetics)
>>
>>29888253
How does it work, then?

I'd imagine someone who struggles to relate to other people and gets obsessed about it to the point of researching and silently watching normies and every detail of their action and then develops a certain protocol of social interaction to trick people into thinking he's not a weirdo would be kind of autistic.

Kind of like what PUAs do. They're almost autistic most of the time.
>>
handa-kun shows people just think hes mysterious, not autistic
>>
I promise none of you are as attractive as you think you are. Never met an autistic chad or a good looking guy with any type of social problems. Mommy tell you you're handsome does not make it so.

btw if you look good enough, girls do not care at all how you act. You will still hook up easily.
>>
>>29888669

I'm also >>29888503

>and gets obsessed about it to the point of researching and silently watching normies and every detail of their action and then develops a certain protocol of social interaction

This is where you've fucked up. One of the main underlying traits of autism is not understanding non-verbal social cues or body language, taking everything literally and at face value. Observation does absolutely nothing. It's not something that gets refined unless it's taught to us by other people, and even then our instincts don't adapt to those explanations of neurotypical behavior, so we have to do what I outlined in my other post and consciously monitor every little thing we do, on top of trying to figure out what people's body language means (and I don't mean we subtly analyze little details that most people don't notice. I mean we have to put thought into decoding the kind of basic cues a non-autistic person picks up immediately). It's exhausting, and our instincts never adjust to it, and that's just for nailing basic social interaction. Lying and manipulation require a degree of abstract thought, understanding of social cues, and on-the-spot thinking that I just can't handle on top of all the effort I'm putting into trying not to say anything "weird". Whenever I do try to lie, everything falls apart the moment I need to add even minor details to the lie.
>>
>>29883533
I'm actually 8/10 based on features, but I'm not fit or social. I've gotten gfs by just existing though.
>>
>>29887786
you sound just like me, always look mad because of my brow shape
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.