[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was 1984-1991 the worst time period to be born? >too young
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 18
File: m2.jpg (376 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
m2.jpg
376 KB, 2048x1536
Was 1984-1991 the worst time period to be born?

>too young to enjoy the 90s but too old to be young now
>coming of age in that awkward 00s period

pic not related
>>
>>29880888
Still better than anythign after 1991. I don't need my school humiliation to be recorded in HD and uploaded to youtube. Dodged that shit by like 2 years.
>>
>>29880962
lol I was born in 95 and none of my high school humiliation made it to youtube thankfully
>>
>>29880888
>coming of age with the INTERNET
>>
>>29880976
Do kids post vids of them bullying people now?
>>
>>29881009
There are videos of pretty much everything, so possibly
>>
>>29881009

Yeah on Snapchat and Facebook. Also they save it in their phones.
>>
>>29880888
why would now be better then the 00's?
>>
I'm a '97 and all I really have to say is that I don't think there's a single day I haven't thought about suicide since I was 12 years old.
>>
>>29881055
>easier to get by not being a normalfag
>no more post 9/11 ennui
>getting pussy is easier
>>
it was objectively the best time period to be born in known history

right in between the natural "playing outside" phase of growing up and playing with phones/technology so you could do both

perfect age to enjoy the first quality video games to the maximum, not too difficult to be hard on a young mind, not too easy to be trivial and boring(pong, etc)

as you grow up you got to see the evolution of video games through its most novel years. video games of course being the most creative and fun entertainment in known history

it's actually unfathomable how fortunate i was to be born in '87. and born a white male in a western society. its absurd
>>
>>29881110
>getting pussy is easier
I could be wrong, but isn't that not actually true?
>>
>>29881150
I've met plenty of girls from tinder and /soc/, if I was more tall and handsome I could have fucked at least a few of them
>>
>>29881097

You're just a pussy who can't accept times change, faggot
>>
>>29881132
I'm amazed by how perfect things are objectively speaking and how miserable we manage to be at the same time.
>>
>>29881171
I'm talking about actual studies, not your personal experience with e-whores.
>>29881174
I won't deny that I'm a pussy, but what does the change of time have to do with anything?
>>
>>29881132
The 80s video games were fun in their own way, and the first quality video games were made in the early 90s, and you would have had to have been born in the early 80s or earlier to experience them for the most part. Unless you were like 4 years old playing Wolfenstein 3D.
>>
>>29881206
I doubt there are actual studies for that, so it's really just a matter of coming to your own conclusions. Oh and one of my good friends was born in 85 and he said getting pussy is a lot easier now, but he's already in his 30s so that ship has kinda sailed for him.
>>
It was a pretty shitty time, can't comment on people born in the later periods. I enlisted in the marines in 2005 and ended up deploying to Iraq. Came home to a fucking recession. I've lived through some shit, I'm lucky that I was smart enough to finish college with an engineering degree or else I would have killed myself.
>>
>>29881254

How many Iraqis did you 360 quickscooped?
>>
When are you officially not young anymore? 37?
>>
>>29881296
I think it's generally seen as when you hit 30.
>>
>>29881346
30 still sounds young to me, unless you take horrible care of yourself you should still look young at this point too

Also that's around the age most athletes seem to peak
>>
>>29881279
Zero. We went on patrols and saw almost nothing, we did end up shooting at some people three times but I doubt I was the one who killed anyone. They patrols where we didn't see anything were pretty nerve-wracking though because we knew how fast shit could go down with little warning. A guy in my platoon got pretty fucked up from an IED and several people were pretty shaken up about it. I was excited to go fight in a war but I should've known how shitty it was going to be. I wish I was sent to Afghanistan instead of Iraq.
>>
File: Lou Bloom Hair.jpg (41 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Lou Bloom Hair.jpg
41 KB, 620x349
>>29880888
Born in 1995, feeling like I had a pretty comfy upbringing.

>1995-2004 age 1-9
Fun time to be a child. No memories of pre-9/11 america so I can't compare and feel sad. Pokemon was around its peak, all the kids TV programming was goofy and silly and contained no social agenda. Economy was good so parents weren't stressed and cruel.

>2005-2009 ages 10-14
Great time to be a preteen. Video games were fucking solid, played tons of gamecube with my boys like james bond nightfire and stuff. Recession was a bit of a bummer.
>2010-2014 approx. ages 14-18
Fucking prime desu. Does anyone remember in this four year period the roles for chad and omega got kind of reversed? I had lots of sexual experience and confidence built that I definitely wouldn't get had I been a teenager now. Only been a positive experience on my life.
>2014-2016 18-21
IDK bretty fun. That confidence from high school has made college ok. Wish it was less expensive but graduating debt free due to some careful fortune telling and hella part time jobs. Got a qt gf. Worst thing that's happened is get drunk too frequently.

I know the ages/years are a bit off, see it as a kind of estimation. Anyone care to dispute this?
>>
>>29880888
>tfw no qt latin loli to bright my day
Back on topic, if you are miserable and depressed it really doesn't make a difference in what period you were born.
>>
>>29881407
OP here, I'm the same age as you.

I think now is a good time to be a young adult, I would be enjoying myself a lot if I didn't have OCD, which is sorta ruining my life.
>>
File: tumblr_mpstdcXauV1qadx22o1_500.jpg (112 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpstdcXauV1qadx22o1_500.jpg
112 KB, 500x709
The 90's were the last time where culture in general had a raw, dangerous edge to it. After 9/11 everything gradually became safe, sterile, controlled, "secure", and scared of anything dangerous. The entire world is more "contained", connected and culturally compressed. Everything is a meme. There's less bullying, yes, but it leads to a generation that strongly reminds me of the Eloi from The Time Machine.
>>
>>29881254
>>29881400

Way to go anon, how does it feel barely dodging a terrible life?

Do you look at all these homeless and fucked up addict veterans and shudder at how close you came to that?
>>
>>29881455
>I think now is a good time to be a young adult

That's what people say, but at the same time I see so many people just dropping out and giving up. This generations mental health is not in a good state.
>>
>>29881455
Why is now a good time to be a young adult?

Damn anon I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of treatment are you seeking?
>>
File: lea044RWL_304931002.jpg (818 KB, 3000x1999) Image search: [Google]
lea044RWL_304931002.jpg
818 KB, 3000x1999
>>29881132
this has got to be some of the most retarded bullshit i've read on the internet, right next to spirit science and related malarkey.

i hope you're being hyperbolic.
>>
File: feel you.png (14 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feel you.png
14 KB, 645x773
>>29880888
>1984-91 worst time period to be born
>born in 84
>>
>>29881463
I feel really sorry for them. When I went to college I visited the veterans resource center at least twice a week to talk to people. I feel like 9/11 and the Afghanistan war had less of an impact than the Iraq war. The Iraq war is what caused many people to really question the government, break down communities, and resulted in the militarization of our civil society.
>>
>>29881470
i flunked out of college late 2014, I can go back but I'm not sure if I want to because I'm realizing how damn expensive it is. Last year was decent for the most part because I was working, but I fucked that up back in February. It wasn't a great job but I had a comfortable amount of money to spend and pay off my student loans. But that's about it, I would have had to find a new job anyway. I just didn't show up one morning because I had a really high amount of stress.

I will begin having a great time once I alleviate my OCD and get a decent paying job. I'm easy to please, if I can have a job that I don't hate and enough spending money to go to bars on the weekends and chase qts, I'll be happy.
>>
>>29881531
I would bet money that the Afghanistan invasion/intervention/whatever would've probably happened even if we had a Democratic president, the justification would've just been different. I'm not even a conservative, but I think there was literally nothing wrong with stepping in to prop up our regional allies against a terrorist regime.
>>
>>29881407
>sexual experience
>gf
Please leave normalscum. I'm handholdless from '96.
>>
>>29881484
I went to therapy last year but I just stopped going,I would say it helped but the guy is really just a social worker and I'm not sure if he's an expert on what I have. I'm gonna start going back to therapy and talk to my doctor to see if I should go on anti-anxiety drugs.

I say now is a good time to be a young adult because I would be having a lot of fun now if not for my personal issues, however I probably would have had fun in any era post 1950s.
>>
>>29881490
You hope he's being a room in another dimension which time passes slowly relative to our own dimension?
>>
File: P&P.jpg (16 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
P&P.jpg
16 KB, 250x183
>>29881132
THIS

I was born in 1990 and I didn't get into the internet until I was 13 or so. Before that I would go outside almost everyday and spent my summers riding my bike and walking around the neighborhood with the other kids.

We had blockbuster, early Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, N64, you name it
>>
>>29881518
Dont worry, just the 90s babbies whining as usual.
>>
>>29881540
All i see are excuses here, you bottom feeding betapuss
>>
>>29881132

>it was objectively the best time period to be born in known history

Yeah as if people 100 years ago didn't say the same thing
>>
Honestly I don't know what I would have done in the age before internet as an adult. Maybe drink beer and watch tv all day. Things is better now in some things at least
>>
>>29881631
I'm not making excuses you butthole, I said in a later paragraph I'm trying to get myself back on the right track.

I'm doing sidejobs now so I have a little spending money at least, however with student loans I have pretty much nothing left over, and the loans are only like 300 a month.

But by next year, hopefully I will have fixed my mental health issues and get a job as a conductor, I already took the exam for it. It's just a long ass waiting period.

Even now though, I go to bars when I have the money, and I lost my virginity a few months ago to a chick I met the night before. So I'm not just sulking in my room all day and jerking off to Hentai.
>>
>>29881407
>Does anyone remember in this four year period the roles for chad and omega got kind of reversed?
nope, elaborate.
>>
>>29881567
The war in Afghanistan was justified and it was also fairly well executed. I think you're right that a more pacifist president would have still pushed for a full invasion and occupation of Afghanistan.

The excuse for the Iraq war was flimsy and largely falsified and the whole invasion and occupation was very poorly managed and executed. After the war the whole neocon/neoliberal agenda became well known and their incompetence also came to light. It draws a lot of parallels to the Vietnam War for good reason.
>>
>>29881407
wow. you're very lucky.
>>
>>29881704
Yeah lol, I don't know what he's talking about either. But I think that high school has become a lot less cliqueish over the years, I wasn't a popular kid but I got along with most people. I just cringe thinking back to things I said/did before I was 17.
>>
>>29881723
I think it was a mistake to leave the Iraq situation unresolved after the first Gulf War. It would have made so much more sense to get rid of Hussein when the Iraqi public was inflamed against him.
>>
Also, another good thing about being young now is the rise of ass, did white guys even like ass before the 2000s?
>>
Basically, you can't have fun as an adult and childhood will always be the best.
>>
>>29881792
No, all those guys slapping secretaries on the ass in the 50's were just doing it for shit's and giggles.
>>
>>29881578
I think you should see a physician as well. Everyone deserves to eke as much enjoyment out of their short lives as possible.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>29881795
That's BS, I would say I'm having a lot more fun now as a young adult than as a child.

I used to hate not having any freedom, and having to be in school and shit.
>>
>>29881792
How's that a good thing? It just means that all the good asses are taken.
>>
>>29881809
Thanks, you're right.

Oh and I have another problem, I have a digestive issue. I shit too often no matter what I eat, and it makes life very annoying sometimes. I'm a little too embarrassed to see a doctor but I guess that's also for the best, I wouldn't mind talking about it but I'm too ashamed to bring in a cup of my own shit.

But I should really get that issue as well as the OCD issue checked out, maybe for the latter therapy will be enough.
>>
>>29880976
all my humiliation was recorded on .3gp so you could barely tell it was me crying on the floor. I doubt those videos survived even less ever been posted on the Internet.
>>
>>29881807
I could have sworn I've heard expressions like "she has an ass like a 10 year old boy" like it was a good thing

>>29881834
Women didn't really wear ass centric clothes until at least the 90s
>>
>>29881888
>I could have sworn I've heard expressions like "she has an ass like a 10 year old boy" like it was a good thing

That would be news to me.
>>
>>29881828
And tell me what freedom you have now? At least as a kid, I had dreams, now I'm some kind of living creature with no purpose.
>>
>>29881885
oh shit, there actually is an embarassing video of me from 2011, it was on these asshole's blackberry phones so hopefully it got lost.

I basically got beat up, these guys used to bully me probably because I would get visible upset by it, and one day I sorta tried to pick a fight with a guy because he was the skinniest one and he was antagonizing me, then he slammed me on the ground and it's on video.

I actually became cool with that guy within a year, but he's in jail now.
>>
>>29881641
People 100 years ago were living in a world torn by an ongoing world war.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 850x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 850x488
Who here is born 1994 here?
>>
File: books.jpg (942 KB, 1545x2692) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
942 KB, 1545x2692
>>29881704
>>29881736
I'll elaborate.

My personal experience in high school in a major west coast city was that everyone (literally everyone) smoked weed together. We were all friends with each other. The kids whose parents had money and gave it to them bought it and shared it with the kids who couldn't afford it, same with liquor and stuff like group activities.

I went to a giant sports high school and we had some world-class atheletes but I swear to god the best QB we had was also in the MTG club. Just tons of mixing across traditional social boundaries.

The only outcasts were people who repeatedly showed themselves to be cruel, and they were almost always recent california transplants who tried to bully some kid for the attention of a girl or something equally cliche. Nobody but them got made fun of or excluded or kept from losing their virginity- dirt poor, or mexican, or black, or acne-ridden, or short. Social groups were always shifting to include new people, no hard feelings were had that I was aware of.

Of course this is just my subjective experience.

I think it was the hipster thing.
>>
File: hl 2011-02-02 19-00-42-54.jpg (94 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
hl 2011-02-02 19-00-42-54.jpg
94 KB, 768x576
>>29880962
This

I feel bad for people who have their awkward teenage years recorded on facebook.

I feel especially bad for children who have their parents record everything about them without their consent.

I grew up with the internet while it was still the wild west and before everyone started spying on you.
>>
>>29881932
Well I can do whatever I want that won't get me in legal trouble, a long as I can afford it. I like being able to do what I want, and not have to listen to my parents beyond little things just because I'm living in their house.
>>
>>29881768
Maybe. It was certainly a better time than 10 years later, when Saddam was preparing for a Western invasion to overthrow him. I'm not a person who counts removing him as a win though. Taking out such a strong figure with no realistic plan to control the area led to the terrorism, refugees, and other chaos throughout the region and world was an incredibly bad idea, and no one seems to be taking the blame for it. Look at the people reacting to the Chilcott report, see how well they fared post-war.

Saddam once called on American Muslims to take up arms against the USA and commit terrorist attacks and nothing happened. Now that he's gone people affiliated with ISIS and AQ are striking out.
>>
Tits >>>>>>>>>> ass. The rising of ass worship in current pop culture correlates perfectly with the rise of PC culture. Prove me right.
>>
>>29881577
I know I'm lucky. I won't leave though because I like you guys so goddamn much and want to help if I can. I mostly contribute quality posts to this board.
>>
I guess the only good thing about pre-internet era was the slowness of life; everything was slow enough so there would be something new to actually find out. Now everyone knows enough bits of everything so nothing seems impressive anymore, technology kind of lost its appeal because the only impressive scifi thing that didnt turn into reality is teleportation of big objects. We also kind of know how niches like gothics, transfags, gays, people of other religions are like in person and what to expect of them, including, to some extent, how celebrities act in their private lives (im not talking we know everything, but remember the times you didnt know how a certain groups lifestyle was like and there were no way to find out until you found them? and yeah, they were fucking hard to find).

This makes life fucking boring. Internet is a curse.
>>
>>29881967
High school is still like that, from my observation. Keep in mind me and you only graduated 3 years ago.

>>29881997
That's a bit of a stretch
>>
>>29881963
Me, 22 atm. Finishing college. What about you?
>>
>>29880888
lol what, i was born in 87 and enjoyed plenty of the 90s

there wasn't much going on in the 90s that older people were "experiencing" that i couldn't other than the same shit it's always been - driving and drinking. the stuff 'happening' in the 90s were mostly for kids anyway, like video games

the 90s are really overrated anyway
>>
>>29881993
Yeah, there is an incredibly legitimate argument that strongmen like Hussein and Assad were the only thing keeping the crazy Islamist retardation under control in their regions. I think one of the greatest tragedies of the 21st century so far is that the removal of autocratic powers in majority Muslim states seems to lead straight to extremism most of the time. It makes me sad.

So much for the Arab spring.
>>
>>29882027
Yeah high school got a lot kinder. People hate on modern kids all they want but I think there's a lot more earnest goodness among modern teens than there ever has been.
>>
>>29882071
lol you're only saying that because you were too young to have teenage/adult fun in the 90s
>>
>>29882094
Exactly, and there's more integration too despite the more racial incidents on the news.
>>
>>29882028
I'm about to start my final year at University in September. I'm not 22 until December. What you studying?
>>
>>29880888
stop posting that ugly mexican
there is better mexicans you know like lobita
>>
>>29881981
You seem confident about you saying.
>>
>>29882095
so basically you're like 34+ years old, because to be a teen during that time you'd have to be at least 5 years older than me

yea i'm sure someone who is that old and is still on r9k had a BLAST in the 90s, lol
>>
>>29882094
I think you very well could be right. But I don't think that's always a good thing for us. Take a population which has some sense of morality, and constantly expose them to everything horrible in the world from all angles. The access to knowledge lets you spiral out of control. I think we might know too much.
>>
>>29882113
Yup. I'm happy the world's becoming more moral, I'm sure all this extremist leftism that's coming along with it will mellow out in five to ten years and we'll just have a slightly more comfy society.

But i'm an optimist and haven't been burned like a lot of this board has in their pasts.
>>
>>29882094
>People hate on modern kids all they want but I think there's a lot more earnest goodness among modern teens than there ever has been.

I can appreciate this, but it also looks kind of lame to me. It's like the difference between Jeoffrey and Tommen on Game of Thrones. The younger is softer, more scared, more controlled. There was a certain beautiful edge to clique wars in high school. Now that everyone gets along with everyone it just looks faggy and sugary.

Blah. Maybe I'm just conditioned to think this way about nice things.
>>
>>29882139
What do you mean by that?

originaldo rivera
>>
>>29882087
I feel like the overthrow of the strongmen is neocon escapism while the belief in "democratic" regime change ala Arab Spring is neoliberal delusions.

What's funny is that in the Marines you're drilled to hate Iran and Hezbollah for the bombings in the 80's, but after doing research as a civilian I have a lot more respect for Iran. That country is crazy but at least they have their shit together.
>>
>>29881963

1995 here

still three years of university to go

i want this ride of uni to end
>>
>>29882152
No, I'm only 21, but yeah, the 90s young adults were born between the late 60s and early 80s
>>
>>29882154
I want to understand what you mean here. What would happen to a moral population that knows too much? What's your predicted outcome?

Some might say we've become too weak, like we need to be more brutal with the evil in the world. I might agree with that, but I honestly don't know anything about geopolitics or what's good for society. I just want to make my way in the world, get some (You)s, you know?
>>
>>29882017
Agree with you. It was way more misterious and attractive. Now we have so much information to digest and is bothersome because it seems like you're a failure for not knowing. There's no excuse.
>>
>>29882193
so you dont know what you're talking about, fuck off
>>
>>29882158
No I see your fears. It worries me too.
>>
tfw born '93 and have nothing to show for it, i got myself internet in 2012 i guess

just working min wage 40 hours a wekk unskilled labor
>>
>>29882181
I know, I'm fascinated by Iran. I would love to visit it someday. I sincerely hope that whoever ends up in office after this election is able to pursue a reasonable policy towards them. Yes, they do a lot of absolutely horrible shit, but I don't think they're worse than Saudi Arabia in regards to that, and we have no problem sucking them off at every chance. It simply doesn't make sense to try to isolate them when we have the option to try to carefully pursue gentle pushes towards integration with the international community as a whole.
>>
>>29882158
Maybe it's down to the last of the kids who experienced clique brutality to protect their innocence and make the world a place where a person can be good and not get hurt for it.

Fuck I watch too many movies.
>>
>>29882233
this is my bed before clearing it this morning
>>
>>29882206
I mean that if you're an intelligent person at this point in time, I expect you to have a very good understanding of exactly how horrifying human existence actually is.
>>
>>29882124
I'm studying industrial design. I'm from Spain, also.
>>
File: 1425237247267.jpg (71 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1425237247267.jpg
71 KB, 900x900
This new world is too nice.
>>
>>29882271
I wouldn't say I'm intelligent, and yeah there's an incredible amount of human suffering in the world. Do you mean to say it will be more shocking for an innocent group to face that than a group which was prepared from an early age for cruelty?
>>
>>29882219
yes I do, faggot

it's common sense
>>
>>29882172
Not being mad. I'm saying I would like to be that confident about life. So much question worry me and make me so unproductive.
>>
>>29882304
I mean that I think it's easy to get overwhelmed and surrender.
>>
>>29882286
Ah right, i'm from the UK. Studying History at the moment. My gf lived in Spain half her life.
>>
>>29882314
oh okay.

I do feel a sense of ennui sometimes, but I have at least some sense of motivation/direction and I do have fun sometimes.

Just see what you can do to make your life at least somewhat enjoyable.
>>
File: motorola-startac.jpg (30 KB, 766x511) Image search: [Google]
motorola-startac.jpg
30 KB, 766x511
>>29881132

Same as you. Would have preferred early 80s though -- had to play a bit too much catchup with old tech. Can't imagine high school with smartphones.

We used to sit around outside, play, read books, or do old school LANs. People had to LOOK and interact, even if it was the awkward robots. Now, everyone just stares into their phones.

t. wrote this post on my phone
>>
>>29882319
Yep. It bothers me too. How many truly peaceful and harmonious civilizations have lasted, honestly?

Like the most powerful empire in the world right now has its roots in bloody revolution, capitalist exploitation, and military might.

Rome was not a kind place.

Sparta was not a good place to grow up. Athens was though (for some) and they were objectively more powerful and prosperous while less cool.

Strength can come from unity and cooperation leads to progress. Or not. IDK.

You're hurting my head anon
>>
>>29882303
i've learned the nice people are the ones you watch out for they manipulate you the easiest
while holding the biggest dagger out of all the raunchy rancid pieces of shit you meet they are by far the worst
>>
>>29882383
Pain is everything. Suffering defines our world. And I can't fucking stand it. I can't take it.
>>
>>29882344
Thx anon. Internet maybe isn't the greatest thing, but sure it's cool enough to connect with some peers around the globe. Even if some are psychos.
>>
>>29882505
Yeah exactly, being able to connect with others is pretty cool. Sadly nothing ever came of any of the chicks I've met off the internet/tinder, not yet at least. I've actually got luckier meeting chicks in real life while drunk.
>>
there's probably like maybe 20 people on r9k right now who were born during that time

r9k is mostly 18-22 year olds who haven't even bought a vhs
>>
>>29882408
You're being ridiculous.
>>
>>29882333
Come here whenever you want! Cerveza, tortilla, fiesta! And keep that gf, you don't know what you have until you lose it.

P.s. what you think of brexit?
>>
>>29882591
I'm 21 and I've bought old VHSs from the library.
>>
File: caps fags.jpg (262 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
caps fags.jpg
262 KB, 900x1200
>>29880888
>>29880962
I graduated HS in 2010 and only richy rich fags had Iphones and they costed $70 a month

these days every nigger has a smart phone
>>
>>29882591
>18-22
More like 16-20.
>>
>>29882599
I know. And I'm going to keep my ridiculous melodramatic one man shitshow going until I crash and burn again. I'm aware that none of it matters and it doesn't even really make sense, but that's not going to stop me.
>>
>>29882645
more like 12-16
>>
>>29882645
anon, underage kids aren't allowed to post on 4chan, silly

>>29882627
bravo
>>
File: 1417356090029.png (267 KB, 475x463) Image search: [Google]
1417356090029.png
267 KB, 475x463
>>29882591
>tfw 25

I fucking hate you Generation Z cunts, please kill yourselves you neo-normies.
>>
>>29882645
IDK I think college insulates you from real world feels. you only realy feel feels when you are 23 and all your friends are having kids and getting married
>>
>>29882699
you're in the same generation as people born from like 81 to 96

that's arbitrary as fuck of course, but you get the point
>>
>>29882705
getting married at 23 is kinda dumb most of the time
>>
>>29882576
Well, I lost gf interest in my case. I'm not virgin and I would fuck if the time comes and I'm into it, but I'm not taking any serious relationship. I need to orientate my life again and that's the focus right now.
>>
>>29882716
people born after 1993 are disgusting filth and should be treated like jews under the nazis
>>
>>29882742
yeah I'm not ready for a gf either right now, I need to get my shit together. But I would like to have an fwb, not having any female contact is making me kinda depressed.
>>
File: pushes.jpg (72 KB, 499x418) Image search: [Google]
pushes.jpg
72 KB, 499x418
>>29882716
And yet I feel completely different culturally to those 20 year old cunts. Culture changed so much so quickly, fuck.

here have some old meme
>>
>>29882756
there is no difference between someone born in 1993 and 1995
>>
>>29882705
Most of the feels posted are >tfw no gf
or related. These aren't "real world" feels.

You're also assuming most of /r9k/ is feels which is totally not true. Young people use it as /b/ 2.1.
>>
>>29882791
THERE IS A 2 YEAR DIFFERENCE YOU STUPID FUCK
>>
>>29882780
lol how different can you be from them (us)?

It's not like you're 50 years old and grew up in the 80s
>>
>>29882806
I don't feel like descrbing the difference, you just have a very different mentality. A more normie mentality. You probably "friended" half your class on facebook, even the guys you hated, right?
>>
>>29882791
there is no difference between someone born in 1993 and 1995
there is no difference between someone born in 1995 and 1997
there is no difference between someone born in 1997 and 1999
there is no difference between someone born in 1993 and 1999
>>
>>29882791
1993 graduated around 2010, iphone wasnt very widespread yet; 1995fags held it for enough time to experience the new culture shift.

so yeah, it is a huge ass difference.
>>
>>29882899
there is no difference between someone born in 1993 and 2003

we are all just people :) :) :)
>>
>>29880888
As far as recessions job opportunities go probably

1988-1993

I say this from seeing younger kids get lots of opportunities today while I was unemployed at their age but it could just be they're the tiny fraction that get ahead.
>>
>>29882884
People your age do the same exact shit. I rarely added people since 2012, though.

>>29882921
What are you talking about? Iphone was already very mainstream by 2011, when 93fags graduated, before that it was blackberries which are still smartphones.
>>
>>29882769
Yeah, it's a bit of an issue. But as I said this is not only about sex. Other problems arise as you're done with one. It reminds of ppl regretting not study good enough while they had fun and ppl regretting not having fun while being teens. No matter what you do, someone finds something "bad".
>>
>>29882966
he was probably a 93 fag who skipped a grade
>>
File: 1462015818926.gif (500 KB, 215x219) Image search: [Google]
1462015818926.gif
500 KB, 215x219
>>29882966
>blackberries which are still smartphones.

jesus christ
>>
>>29882212
anon, if they happen to know too much yet jobless, there is nothing to feel bad about.

its like knowing the plot of 100 animus, fuck that noise.
>>
>>29882985
Oh of course, but I guess we just gotta try to make the right decisions and make the most out of life

>>29883000
regardless, he probably got an iphone around the same time someone two years younger would have, I don't see what difference it makes
>>
>>29882966
>People your age do the same exact shit.

Except that facebook wasn't popular when I graduated, and I didn't have a profile. Nowadays even the outcasts have accounts and they "friend" all the normalfags.

>Iphone was already very mainstream by 2011

iPhone didn't exist in my country until 2011. I graduated in 2009 and the difference between me and someone who graduated in 2014 is enormous.
>>
>>29883035
Facebook is past its peak now, but it was already very popular by 2009.

I have friends as young as 18 and as old as 31, not really that big of a difference. Definitely not a big difference between a 20 and 25 year old.
>>
>>29881460
Yeah man
I miss skateboarding and XTRREEEMEEE edginess
>>
>>29883035
I remember iphone become popular by 2012-2013 on my hs. I had a samsung wave with Bada Os.
>>
>>29883017
You described it perfectly.
>>
>>29880888

I was born in '86 and trust me i DID NOT FUCKING ENJOY THE 90s. I barely enjoyed the 2000s but they were mostly bad. The 2010s are literally fucking Hell.
>>
If you want to see the difference between someone who was born in 91 and others who were born in 1995, read this thread. >>29880316

It demonstrates perfectly how society has changed.
>>
born in 87' the 90's were okay. a mix of no sjw bullshit and the economy was great but also seeing the rise of the internet of today was awesome.. it's something I don't see happening again unless we get something 10times better than internet itself. and just in a snap it all came down and we have the bullshit we have today.. I truly believe we're in for another world war or economic downfall within 20 years. enjoy while you can
>>
>>29883070
>I miss skateboarding

tfw watched tony hawk do the 900 live
>>
>>29883232
People born in 91 are also enjoying pokemon go, you fag

you have way more in common with someone born in 95 than you do with someone born in 80
>>
>>29880888
Yes. In fact, everyone who is older than EU/Czech Rebublic/Russia Federation/Reunited Germany should leave 4chan forever.
>>
>>29883252
>People born in 91 are also enjoying pokemon go, you fag

Yet they grew up thinking doing this would be weird as fuck and literally make them the laughing stock of the community. Younger people view it as something completely normal.
>>
>>29883294
That's retarded, there's only a 4 year gap between us
>>
>>29881612
Also born in 90 here. Agree with this guy and the other guy too. There was a perfect mix of technology and outside life . anyone born after 2000 is a soulless tech drone. Kids today are seriously fucked up
>>
>>29883350
Yes, that's why it's so weird.
>>
>>29880888

We dodged a bullet senpai. No social media garbage while I was in high school.
>>
>>29883426
I'm saying it doesn't make much of a difference, someone born in 91 and 95 grew up pretty much the same way.
>>
>>29883442
myspace, AIM?
>>
Anybody born after 1989 is complete garbage, that's for sure, worst generation ever, the 90's was a decade reserved for all the garbage of mankind
>>
>>29883442
i'm so glad i didn't grow up in world where social media was required.

i had all my teenage autism cringey retardation on video game forums that are long since dead and gone. when myspace came around i had an account but never used it
>>
2008 was objectively the worst year to finish College. Or I guess probably High School.

People who finished college in 2008 have lower incomes than people who finished before that... but also lower incomes than people who graduated in 2009.

It did so much damaged that people who graduated in 2008 have lower expected life time earnings.
>It's the year that keeps on fucking.
>>
>>29880962
First post best post.
Fuck that noise, glad I missed that.
>>
>>29881628
>whining
I see most people ITT actually pretty glad to be born in that time period.
Not much whining to speak of at all.
>>
>>29883662
hah 2008 high school drop out here, you're right about 2008
>>
What an absolute qtp2t
>>
>>29883662
i graduated then.

solution: mass produce exit pills for the elderly. over 55s early retirement to replace them . give gen x promotion to replace them. give gen y their jobs

just speed this up senpai
>>
>>29881009
Yeah, and there have been cases where after the victim killed himself, the bullies celebrated it in social media.
>>
>>29880888

what is the origins of this spic girl?

i see her around on 4chans
>>
>cold war over
>tech boom
>cheap oil
>star trek the next generation
Things were too good so we had to be edgy to balance out the good vibes.
>>
>>29884420
>star trek
>he doesn't say the best show of the 90s, the x files

pure fucking pleb
>>
>>29882606
Fuck Brexit honestly. Though my gf voted leave.

Thanks man, I will. Come to England whenever and enjoy... well we have fucking nothing.
>>
>>29882672
more like 7-14
>>
File: 1467950520580.jpg (151 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467950520580.jpg
151 KB, 1440x1080
>implying having your teens in the 10s was any better
>>
>>29881217
I was born in the late '80s and played Wolfenstein 3D mostly in 1999 and 2000. We were poorfags so our games weren't the newest.
>>
Before 9/11 people didn't think of terrorism as something that happened in America. The Oklahoma City Bombing was seen as a one off fluke event of American far right. Then 9-11 happened. Since then we've never felt comfortable again. We're always afraid of terrorism. When is the next acttack happening? Will it be planes again? Will it be bombs? Guns? We're paranoid and scared now.

Watch even something like Seinfeld. It reflects a very carefree 90's attitude. After the fall of the Soviet Union we thought we won. Democracy and Capitalism had triumphed and Communism was the "final boss of history" so to speak. Nothing else would be worse. After that it would just be smooth sailing. A minor recession here or there, but nothing to really worry about.

Then 9-11 shook us out of that. Plus after 9-11 a bunch of other things happened. The Bush Years. The Iraq War. The Global Recession (that we still haven't fully recovered from). The Syrian Civil War. The refugee/Migrant Crisis. The multiple Islamic Terrorist attacks since then all over the world. Global Warming always looming above us like a sword of damacles.
>>
>>29885243
uh, you know there was an attack on the world trade center before 9/11 right?

terrorist shit has been going on since the 60s, but it was mostly in desert shit hole countries no one cared about. look up sayyid qutb. he pretty much started all this bullshit.
>>
>>29880888
Possibly. In the early '90s, my country had one of its worst recessions. Life was pretty unstable then and I think it's part of the reason I'm now a robot. Then, in the late '00s came another recession and we still haven't quite recovered from that one.

I was barely old enough to avoid my school experiences getting recorded and shared online. Camera phones became a thing when I was 15 or 16, but the quality of the pictures and videos wasn't very good. A little later, there were a couple of popular social media sites, but no one really uploaded videos there.

Like other anons said, if you were a child, there was a good balance between going outside and playing with technology. When I was growing up, most people here got their first phones when they were 11-13, now they get them when they're 6 or 7. I think kids also grow up faster than they used to. They hit puberty earlier and are expected to act more mature. I think the world somehow became "colder" in general during the early '00s.

On the other hand, there are now possibilities that didn't exist 15-25 years ago. Even children who aren't old enough for school can learn about things by watching YouTube videos on a tablet, and if there was access to all the knowledge that exists today, I think many children and teenagers of the time, including myself, would have been saved from becoming robots.
>>
>>29885303
>uh, you know there was an attack on the world trade center before 9/11 right?

Tiny bomb that killed only 6 peoplet. It was HUGE news at the time, but it was forgotten about pretty quickly. Our whole perspective on terrorism was skewed. Islamic terrorism wasn't a thing. The 93 world trade blast was just an isolated incident. We picked ourselves up and moved on. If there was another terrorist attack, it would happen decades from then, and be another under 10 dead thing.

I was just listening to Biggie Smalls and he says "blow up like the world trade". Can you imagine anyone making those kind of casual references in rap about 9-11? The 93 blast was a totally culturally different phenomenon from 9-11.
>>
File: 1448942866366.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448942866366.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
>>29880888
Brah if you grew up during the 00s you grew up with rhythm games.

If you missed out on DDR and Guitar Hero I feel somewhat bad.
>>
>>29881097
underage b&

oh wait...i'm just old now.
>>
Coming of age in the early 00s was fine, you idiot.

Better than everyone having phones, it's a sort of antisocial behavior that somehow FURTHER excludes borderline autists despite them being the kings of antisocial behavior. It also means every 'normie' kid is obsessed with recording everything, which means chances are almost all girls have illegal nudes flowing around.

My girlfriend was born in '99 and I've stopped her from developing that stupid habit, it makes dates so much better and allows for much more closeless.
>>29881217
First quality games were in the late '80s, actually.
>>
>>29881217
You can just download those games and emulate them as a 00's kid.
Being born later is better in my opinion. There's never been as much media available to read and use as today.

>>29881132
I did not go outside when there was no internet. I would game, watch tv, or read whatever book i had, mostly about dinosaurs and the cosmos. If i had the resources back then i had today, i would have had a lot more knowledge at a young age.
And when i did get internet it was still immature and "googling things" and "looking up on wikipedia" weren't even a thing yet.
>>
>>29885478

>Born in 99

Underage b& and kill yourself, mr le born in le wrong generation
>>
was born in 1993.
Graduated in 2011.
I noticed that there were more faggots coming in sophomore year.
1995 and 1996 mark the beginning of the end.
>>
>>29885705
*sophomore faggots coming in my senior year
>>
>>29885688
I was born in '88, are you illiterate?

I said I came 'of age' in the early '00s.
>>
>>29885744

>Dating a minor

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>29885823
16 is legal here, though I have been dating her since she was 13.

Why would I kill myself? Mr. Reddit here wants to PURGE THE SICKNESS after watching Taxi Driver does he?
>>
>>29885888

Whatever, fucking pedophile.
>>
>>29885906
13 isn't pedo, Mr. Reddit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9PCcx7i4xQ
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.