[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon Go Has there ever been anything that clashes autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10
File: 1468258770412.jpg (174 KB, 539x948) Image search: [Google]
1468258770412.jpg
174 KB, 539x948
>Pokemon Go

Has there ever been anything that clashes autism with reality this terribly?

I mean playing 3DS in public is one thing, but this is so many levels of autism beyond. I can't wait for all the videos of the cringy accidents it will cause.
>>
>>29880316
People are fucking stupid and will buy into anything. That is what fads prove.
>>
>>29880316
I've gone out around my college campus 2 separate nights since this came out and there are hundreds of normal people walking around paying it. The people playing by themselves seem kinda sad though.
>>
>>29880572
Damn. Several years ago only the most oblivious of autists and nerds would be doing this. I suppose it's socially ok if you're doing it ironically.
>>
Pokemon is the biggest normie game in the world. No one will bat an eye if they see you playing pokemon go out in public
>>
>>694127574

Fucking faggots. This board is overrun with plebs.
>>
File: image.jpg (319 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
319 KB, 2480x3508
>>29880316
Why aren't you a member of the glorious VSSR yet?
>>
I never liked Pokemon, shit I cried like a lil bitch when I got Pokemon XD GameCube instead of Mario Sunshine
>>
im a normie and me and my friends get high and go on pokemon runs its not something that just autists do
>>
>>29881182
And what is VSSR, exactly? I'm not familiar with this meme.

>>29881635
This really shows how the world changed in the last few years
>>
>>29880316
Pure normie dogshit
>>
>>29880316
>playing 3DS in public is one thing

Yeah, one thing which exhibits your faggotry about as much as pokemon go does.
>>
File: 43254323.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
43254323.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>tfw your adroid version is so shitty it can't run pokemon go
>>
>>29881708
>Yeah, one thing which exhibits your faggotry about as much as pokemon go does.

I don't play it in public. I don't even play video games because I don't like it. I'm talking from a cultural standpoint.
>>
>>29881657
Team Valour. Supposedly you get a different legendary bird depending on which team you join.

My friend joined that one, but I will probably pick Spark.
>>
>>29881733

Pokemon go isn't really a new thing.

Can anyone remember what that other mobile game was that operated in a similar fashion to this garbage?

Neo geoeosomehingsomething

I'm not sure, but I think it had a "G" in there somewhere.
>>
i dont think you guys understand that normies legitimately get together and play this game in public
>>
How to tell which teams own which gyms? Is it just the color? I want to know who's dominating around here before I pick a team.
>>
>>29881796
OP here, I didn't go outside in a month and I don't have any friends so I have no idea what normies do, I just read about Pokemon Go and it seems like something that would be considered uber-autistic by normies just a few years ago.
>>
>>29881817
just the colour, yeah, blue red or yellow. instinct represent!
>>
File: 1447351767323.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1447351767323.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
>normies are now playing pokemon after a decade hiatus
>you kept playing all the new pokemon games throughout school/college and kept it hidden from everyone because it wasn't "cool"
>tfw no social skills and now pokemon will be swarmed by normies and microtransactions

God I hate normies

>>29881786
Ingress?
>>
How bad does it drain your battery
>>
>>29880606
A lot of normies now liked pokemon as kids bear in mind, that's quite a bit of non autists already.
>>
i got really bored of it and lost my paitence when the servers were down all the time and i had to restart my phone over and over. there were also some normies i saw playing it that really turned me off from it

also my shins started to hurt from walking so much. and im not about to waste gas -and- break traffic rules to drive slow enough to hatch eggs
>>
>>29881939
I know every normie liked pokemon as a kid, but would anyone neurotypical above 15yo go out in public with his eyes glued to a phone screen trying to catch imaginary creatures several years ago? it was unthinkable.
>>
>>29881848
You're retardedly unaware. It's the new normie craze
>>
I'm still contemplating whether to go outside or not for this game. nearest pokestop is a ten minute walk
>>
It's funny because I know several successful businessmen and also many of the Gucci wearing kids in my town play it.
>>
>>29881720
I know that feel man. Shit sucks.
>>
>>29882080
You people got to remember that the pokemon craze was enormous when the first gen games came out. The later gens have sold less and in 3's case much less then the previous two gens.

I don't know what happened but at some point pokemon became cool amongst the adult normies. Vast majority of people though will recongnize the first gen monsters the most. That gen sold over 40 million units and the cards, series and everything else was at a crazy height during that time. Every kid I knew back then including myself were obsessed with pokemon.

Maybe I'm a bit too old now but I remember in middle school that shit started to really die down with gen 3 even though I knew quite a few that played and liked the game. Just that the craze really died down during those years. Maybe because so much of us had pussy on the mind.
>>
>>29881905
Dunno but there is a battery saver option
>>
>>29882506
The generations that grew up with blue/red stopped playing for much of their teens then started playing again in their late teens and early twenties when it became "cool" and acceptable.
>>
>>29882264
this only proves autism is an epidemic now
>>
>>29881905
Bad. Like unthinkably bad.

On my iPhone 5S I lose about 10% of battery life in about 15 minutes. If screen is on full brightness I lose close to % per minute.

Also phone gets super hot, which makes your hand sweat even more on a hot day.

Still fun tho.
>>
>>29882697
You got any theories on why it became cool again? I stopped at 3. I liked all the gens though honestly. Just that I saw no appeal for me in the series after 3. 3 was almost like the swan song for me.
>>
>>29880316
Look at the news.
>Robbers using ingame lures to lure victims
>tfw it actually worked
>>
>>29882730
soon
>pedophile lures kid using rare pokemon
>>
Who cares its a fun game I think it will be a fad and over fairly soon but try it out, I grew up playing red and blue in highschool and as an older adult ID give a shit, I met some cool socially fucked up people day, younger then me prob robot material but we chilled and did hunts for about a hour go out there have fun you faggots
>>
>>29882728
Its cool becuase its an app and everyone can do it becuase 99% of people are glued to their phones, its also fun
>>
>>29880572
For the mischievous out there:
- get your bike
- go on campus
- lift these phones out of their hands
don't even steal them just ditch the phones a block away, regardless, this would be so easy to distinguish whose distracted.
>>
>>29882080
People already walk around glued to their phone screen, playing games and texting.
>>
>>29882774
I was saying this about a day after it came out, with that being said as a parent you have to be a parent m8
>>
>>29882774
My thoughts exactly.
Lots of people are playing though and its insane.
>9pm at night
>8 people at one park
>20 fucking people at another park

The game isn't even good FFS.
>>
>>29882697
Who tives a shit whats cool and whats not, you guys are beta as fuck
>>
>>29882813

Assuming you have an IQ above 75, I don't see how this game could be fun.
>>
>>29882728
pretty much everyone played gen 1 and 2 games on their smartphones when I was in HS

hell even a few of the turbo chads on my football team had DS's and played Diamond and Pearl

people love pokemon, and Go is basically pokemon IRL without any of the moveset/IV/EV shit the TRUE POKEFANS care about. it's just a fun way to meet people and have fun talking about how Farfetch'd is the best.
>>
>>29881182
because i live in fucking cuntucky and it is filled with niggers and fucking middle aged females and #swag #yolo stacies! all the hipsters took muh pogeymans and the local pokestop is a funal and police station which is a 25minute walk if i walk the long way to them!
fuck people! i am only on this hypetrain to see stupid normies do stupid shit because of this moneygrabber game.
>>
>>29880316
You sound mad OP what no friends? To much of a bitch to go out in public? My sides you are crying about autism on /r9k/
>>
>>29882913
>it's just a fun way to meet people

I wouldn't know anything about that, but as a game, it is demonstrably shit.
>>
>>29882903
Bad B8, you can't argue to a wall f you don't like it cool haters going to hate
>>
>>29880316
Ingress has been out for years and it's very popular with normies.

btw you're the real cringe here, senpai.
>>
Hardly autistic. It is fine to play because it is on a smart phone rather than a dedicated device towards playing games.

What surprises me the most is that Nintendo has a Nintendo franchise on a non-Nintendo platform in this day and age.
>>
>>29882961
>Bad B8

Not really. I play games with actual depth.

Do you own a baseball cap that you wear backwards?
>>
>>29882947
so are the real Pokemon games, but aside from the autistic """competitive""" and furfucker communities the piss poor gameplay has absolutely nothing to do with why people love Pokemon
>>
I played it for a couple days but I find it pretty boring. There's no strategy, plus I live in the suburbs so everything is spaced out pretty far. But if the normies like it, whatever, have fun playing. I am thinking about buying a GBC to replay the first few games though. I tried playing them on an emulator on my phone but I like physical buttons over touchscreen.
>>
>>29882997

I don't know. I never got into pokemon as a kid, so they can't get me hooked on these games by exploiting nostalgia.

But at least the real pokemon games are actual games, even if you don't like them. This go shit is the bare minimum requried for something to be called a "game".
>>
Has anyone caught a Jynx in the ghetto yet? I'm guessing that is where you find Jynx right?
>>
This game creates a unique situation where autists can actually go outside and chat with random strangers. You have no excuse if you're lonely now.
>>
>>29883078

I have absolutely nothing in common with the people who play this game. I'd rather shit in a condom and draw a face on it, and just socialize with that.
>>
>>29883111
>I have absolutely nothing in common with the people who play this game

I don't know, you seem like a pretty big faggot. Sounds like you'd be in good company!
>>
>>29883130

If you actually like this "game", then you're not doing a good job of defending it against criticism.
>>
>actually considering taking on payments for a new phone to play this dogshit
DON'T LET ME DO THIS ROBOTS, DON'T LET ME FUCKING DO THIS
>>
I actually met two qt nerdy girls playing pokemon yesterday and we had a chat and got each other's whatsapps. this is like the first time in 3 years that i've talked to females and I owe it to an autistic pokemon app
>>
>>29883178

If you are actually considering it, you are beyond help.
>>
>>29882903

it's fun because you get together with your friends and you end up driving around talking shit looking for pokemon. It's great really,
>>
File: 1453813981077.png (134 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1453813981077.png
134 KB, 396x381
OP here. Forgive me, cunts. I made this thread with the assumption that the world is like it was 7 years ago when I graduated, when normies were normies and autists were autists. I underestimated how much it changed.
>>
>>29880316
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/10/pokemon-go-armed-robbers-dead-body

its already starting some shit up. pokemon go has to tell people not to drive while playing and look both ways before crossing the street.
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3684228/Is-world-s-dangerous-game-terrifying-Pokemon-app-craze-killed-one-person-make-children-easy-prey-PAEDOPHILES-s-coming-Britain-soon.html
>>
File: 1460963938336.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1460963938336.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>29883179
So what we have now is actual autists socializing because of some nostalgic franchise that normies have now picked up.

Where does that leave the ones autistic enough to not have social skills, yet, not autistic enough to be obsessed with Pokemon?
>>
>>29881745
It's called instinct you retard. And I picked yellow too because all the Normies will pick red or blue
>>
>>29883219
>pokemon go has to tell people not to drive while playing and look both ways before crossing the street.

No. Let natural selection do its thing.
>>
>>29883173
Never played it m8y, you just seem like an even bigger insufferable cunt than the retards playing this "game."

PS: punctuation goes inside your meme-quoutes.
>>
>>29883200

So, you can only have fun with your friends if you all have a shitty game on your iphones?
>>
>>29883272

who cares?
if they don't have social skills its not like anyone wants to talk to them anyway
>>
>>29883298
>quoutes

Please give me more advice on punctuation, you inbred.
>>
>>29883317

nah it's an excuse to get together with your old friends and reminisce on what things were like back 15 odd years ago, it's like a social catalyst more than anything
>>
>>29882964
I never heard of ingress until Pokemon go
>>
>>29883364

I fail to see how it enhances the experience in any way.

>excuse

Why do you need an excuse to socialize with your friends?
>>
>>29883352
>t. assblasted cuck
>>
>>29883293
no no. i mean the game is telling them, as if they shouldnt already know that.
>>
>>29883390

that's because you don't have friends from that long ago let alone now
>>
>>29883390
>I fail to see how it enhances the experience in any way.

This is most likely because of your debilitating autism.
>>
>>29883423

If they had the brains to figure that out, they wouldn't be playing it in the first place.
>>
>>29883438
>>29883443
>you don't like my childrens game?
>friendless autist lol

If not being an imbecile means having no friends and being autistic, then that's how it has to be, I guess.
>>
>our servrs are experiencing some issues please try again later

who are all the normies suddenly logging in. it was fine yesterday. fuck sake bloody slow pokes
>>
>>29883487
>who are all the normies suddenly logging in.

Do you have any mirrors nearby? I suggest you go look into one.
>>
>>29883179
Fuck off normie REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>29883272
kek I feel I'm in the same zone. But I just happily play the gen 1-3 games, very comfy, if only I had a gf to play with
>>
>>29883470
So you are indeed a friendless autist? Thanks for the clarification.
>>
File: 1467983121829.jpg (119 KB, 655x578) Image search: [Google]
1467983121829.jpg
119 KB, 655x578
>playing pokemon

pls, how old are you? I was collecting pokemon stickers in 2nd grade elementary school
>>
>>29883546
>autist

I haven't been diagnosed, so no.

Again, I'll take autism over retardation any day.
>>
>>29883517
>the first time in 3 years that i've talked to females
>normie

hmm
>>
>>29883554
more active users than twitter almost now (on android phones)
>>
>>29881182
>following a female gym leader

cucks and their cuck shit these days
>>
>>29882964
>OP is the cringe

jesus
>>
>>29883554

Yet here you are friendo
>>
>>29880316
No, it's a normie "game". It's entirely luck based an there's no game at all and normies enjoy this.
>>
File: carl.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
carl.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
>>29883649

young people today really are pathetic

I'm pathetic too beacuse I'm posting on this chinese puppet show forum
>>
File: 1434338725495.png (548 KB, 623x630) Image search: [Google]
1434338725495.png
548 KB, 623x630
>live in rural area
>can't actually do anything
>>
>>29883554
it's not a pokemon game. it's just a smart phone game
>>
>>29883630
>talking and flirting with women
>women finding you attractive/funny/confident
>getting their contact details

Pretty normie tier my man, you'd probably be some ultra Chad if you tried
>>
>>29881224
I never played Pokemon either because poorfag until I got pokemon stadium 64 and all I did was play the mini games. Im sure it'd have been fun if I was familiar with it, but the 3D advertisements made it seem almost like deceptive advertising since I was too used to platformers.
>>
>>29883780
>>>/vp/ you filthyloser
>>
>tfw my apple device probably can't handle Pokemon Go and my phone is an ancient piece of shit
>>
>tfw no mobile data plan, talk and text only

reee
>>
Its not the game thats autistic, but the player if youre a retarded autist the game wont bring you friends or a gf, youll still be a retarded autist.
>>
>tfw no officially supported pokemon leagues endemic to metropolitan/geographic areas, with players jockeying for the 8 gym leader/4 pokemon league combatant/1 league champion positions
I just want this autistic franchise to be fully fleshed out, and I want basic income so I can drop out of society and be a massive PokeAutist full time.

Who here feels these feels?
>>
File: 1466756702558.jpg (51 KB, 473x391) Image search: [Google]
1466756702558.jpg
51 KB, 473x391
Is there a way to harass and bully children by killing their pokemans and stealing their stuff anonymously?
>>
>>29880606
A lot of people loved pokemon as a kid and most of those people are glued to their phones all day, this was the perfect move, everyone involved has already made millions.
>>
>>29885447
I don't understand why people are complaining about the mechanics right now, it's obviously garbage because they rushed this thing out to clamp down on the market ASAP
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.