[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental illness general. How is your mind treating ya, r9k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 35
File: avatar_1441760140632.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
8 KB, 320x320
Mental illness general. How is your mind treating ya, r9k?

I got diagnosed with avpd recently.
>>
>>29728631
Does being high all the time actually work? I deal with constant feelings of inferiority and I generally feel like shit.
>>
>>29728631
what is avpd anon?
>>
File: 1466045101008.jpg (76 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1466045101008.jpg
76 KB, 960x960
>>29728631
Starting ECT next Monday. Life is not Gucci right now.
>>
File: pikmin.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pikmin.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
>>29728631
Me too. Did your parents neglect you as a kid too?
>>
>>29728717

For certain people it makes you lose focus, because the mechanisms behind it improving your feelings of inferiority involve distraction, and when focusing on weed, it's hard to focus on anything else, so you soon start to just go on auto pilot

For some people who absolutely need to get out of their mindset in the short term, it's a lifesaver though.

Tl;dr no but in moderation yes
>>
>>29728717
Depends on your environment, a lot of things can mean the difference between a good high and a shit high.
>>
>>29728742
Avoidant personality disorder

>>29728756
Good luck pham

>>29728760
My parents were sweet but my peers rejected me
>>
>>29728742
Avoidant personality disorder

Origami content
>>
>>29728756
Are you scared? I've heard that ECT is very safe and effective even though it has a bad reputation.
>>
AVPD here too.

Was a selective mute when I was a kid.
>>
>>29728936
Not scared at all. The fear will probably hit me the day of the first treatment.
>>
File: 1431502200801.jpg (297 KB, 797x1127) Image search: [Google]
1431502200801.jpg
297 KB, 797x1127
>in the most intense portion of exposure therapy
>confronting my absolute most dreaded and deepest intrusive thoughts and urges
>they're all homicidal and necrophilic, extremely graphic and make me so emotional and shit that I'm just a complete fucking wreck when I have to focus on them any longer than necessary
>today was so brutal I'm still sweating and nauseous hours after the session
>drinking isn't helping
>got a call from my fucking mother talking about my father being back on drugs and abusing my little sister, who is on the other side of the country and I'm powerless to help, completely justifying most of the thoughts
>just want to lay down and die
I'm proud of myself for committing to this, and it really is helping, it's just so fucking hard, and it makes me hate myself so much when I'm doing it...
>>
>>29728987
I'm proud of you, anon.

Originale commente
>>
>>29728987
>homicidal
See you in the news, ponyboy
>>
>>29729103
If anon has OCD, probably not. People with primarily obsessional OCD don't act on their intrusive thoughts.
>>
Tfw voice mail full, every letter and bank statement unopened. Cannot accept receipts from store or atm because can't look at them. Tfw new steam account to hide from friends. Tfw have to be drunk to read text messages.
Tfw avpd
>>
>>29729100
thank you so much anon, it means a lot

>>29729103
fat fucking chance, after this I'm never hurting anyone again. after having to listen to myself talk about it for a minimum of an hour a day, forced to deal with the thoughts at their peak for a minimum of another half hour a day, seeing my shrink twice a fucking week for an hour and a half to two hours, for months on end, I want to fucking vomit when I so much as turn on the news. the self-hatred I'd have from hurting another person at this point would be enough for me to immediately kill myself. it's not happening.

>>29729136
I have acted on some of the milder thoughts in the past, but that was the result of other mental illness working in combination with the OCD (mostly bipolar mania). not saying it's any excuse for my actions, just trying to explain why it can happen.
>>
Can I get benefits if diagnosed with avpd? I dread having to go to an interview and interact with people just to get some shitty min. wage job.
>>
>>29728756
I got ECT 2 years ago and it was the worst thing I ever did. It fucked up my memory and abliity to concentrate. It's not worth it but do whatever you want.
>>
>>29728631
schizoaffective
can barely sleep
they are taking my clonopin away
fucking stressed as fuck
>>
>>29729274
nope
you might get a small prescription of benzos, but I wouldn't count on it
>>
>>29729274
No idea. I get benefits because I have severe depression and anxiety alongside the AVPD. At one point I couldn't talk properly and had near constant tics. I was evaluated by a neurologist there was nothing wrong. It was the anxiety. That's less severe now but I still can't work even though I would like to. :/
>>
>>29728631

Pretty sure I have that, too, but I haven't gone to a doctor about it. My life revolves around avoiding anything that might make me uncomfortable.
>>
>>29729375
Do you loath yourself, feel inferior, or suspect that people secretly dislike you even if they act friendly? There are many symptoms of it. I suspected I had it for a while before I was honest with my doctor about what I was feeling.
>>
>>29728631
It's been pretty alright. I don't know what I have, but I get episodes of extreme anxiety over the most retarded things.

The episodes get to the point where I had to take half a year of school and a couple of years later I got sent to the emergency room twice over it.

Recently its been flaring because I started a new job and can't sleep properly due to it and my GERD. I'm feel like any moment I can slip back into it. I don't know. I'm 25 I can't afford to just go back into being a NEET.
>>
>>29729439

Yup, all of those would apply to me, no question about it.
>>
I don't think I've hurt myself for six months. I don't remember the day but it must be that long.

I still want to. I could. It would feel really nice and I'm not sure why I stopped.
>>
I haven't slept in 3 days. My mind is racing.

I have schizophrenia already but wondering if maybe it's actually schizoaffective. My psychiatrist is always double checking that "I sleep well and don't feel awake without sleep"

This sleeplessness is accompanied by visions on shadow people following me around and I'm afraid to sleep because I don't know what their plan is. also spiders are crawling all over me. It reminds me of people with meth psychosis.

Could this be mania? I was actually able to hold a conversation with my sister when she came over, and normally I could not. I don't use any drugs other than my prescribed anti psychotics. It's different than my normal psychosis in that, I know the spiders and shit aren't real. But I think the shadow people are probably real, but that's more of a new age belief. It's nothing like completely losing it. So I'm guessing this is common hallucinations from sleep deprivation like meth heads who never sleep? How many days do I have left before I'm completely gone.

Ialso saw letters on the wall saying "kill yourself" and "hello, I see you.". Scares the shit out of me. Haven't had psychotic symptoms in a couple of months. I thought the medication was finally working!
>>
I went to an endocrinologist and he suggested I had depression and ADD. But I haven't gone to a therapist yet to actually be diagnosed with anything.
>>
>personality disorder
>mental illness

pick one
>>
I'm just hoping I can get a job before the depression kicks in again. Good luck to all of you, insane family members.
>>
ASD
ADD
BPD
Dyspraxia
Visual snow syndrome
Cross-dominance
Sensory processing disorder

A few of those aren't mental disorders but they certainly affect my mental health over all.
>>
I'm feeling depressed and suicidal but I'll never tell anyone. They'll find out when they find the body desu
>>
Psych nurse here. Thanks to you guys I can pay my rent. I love you all and would take care of you of you washed up on my ward <3
>>
>>29731687
I would make sure you were on your game. I go by the book and I'm NOT afraid to call NAMI
>>
>>29728631
yeah got avpd too
i think i might be schizophrenic
i already have terrible memory and im OCD :^(
>>
>>29731687
Are violent/antisocial/sadistic patients your worst nightmare? When I was locked up I was treated worse than an animal, it's hard not to have contempt for your kind.
>>
>>29728987
Do you have OCD? Exposure therapy typically is only used for anxiety disorders, PTSD or obsessive compulsive disorders.
>>
>>29731764
Shit nvm. I should learn to read the thread.
>>
>>29728631
Autism spectrum disorder
Sever depression caused by the autism
Recently Parkinsons
Coupld have lived with the autism but this parkinsons shit, man, fuck. I think about suicide all day long.
>>
File: 1466867173917[2].jpg (93 KB, 588x473) Image search: [Google]
1466867173917[2].jpg
93 KB, 588x473
terrible

>feel like a crazy person
>feel like my reaction to everything isn't normal
>have morbid jealousy (bcuz of cheating slut 1st relationship when young as fuck) that ruins every single relationship i have so i end up single fucking random girls from bars because i cant form real relationships with *anyone* since i know they're going to end because im fucked up
>end up courting a girl until we fuck a few times before i ghost her to save her from my shit life, and feel TERRIBLE about it
>cant make/keep friends and have no clue why
>always end up not texting people because i dont want to seem needy and push them away or something, but that makes us lose our friendship
>im a god at making acquaintances but can NOT make friends
>seriously how can i have a girlfriend/fiance/WIFE if i dont even have fucking friends. im like paul rudd in that 1 movie
i tried therapy methods and i still cant get over it im fucked. i even delved into buddhism/mindfulness/awareness and still cant make myself better. all its done is give me a good 3rd person outlook on others lives but no control of my mown. im scared im stuck in this mindset and have no hope left. every single person i know thinks im a fuckup and i am, if i wasnt born wealthy i would be a drug addict or dead
>>
File: 1c9.jpg (58 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1c9.jpg
58 KB, 500x332
>>29728631
Severe apathetic depression and severe anxiety. OCD "tendencies".

Earlier I remembered someone I was mean to 6 years ago and had to make myself a drink to break myself out of a cycle .

I'm now slipping rapidly into alcoholism.

I might just have to do it soon guys. I'm already on a mix of anti-depressants and see a shrink. It just keeps getting fucking worse.

Tell me why I shouldn't take the easy way. Convince me, please, I'm having trouble doing it myself anymore.
>>
>>29731743
I'm as fair as I can possibly be until patients start threatening other patients or female staff. I know what you mean though. Alot of psych nurses end up on mental health because they cant hack real nursing and it really shows. They end up being dismissive assholes ot just outright aggressive. I chose to go into mental health and really love the patients for the most part, but keep in mind if you swing at someone I will put you on your ass and into seclusion
>>
File: 1362866157127.jpg (19 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1362866157127.jpg
19 KB, 500x495
>>29728631
could be worse. i'm not hearing shit as much recently as i had been over the last year. haven't seen a fake person in a month or two so that's been nice.

still extremely depressed but feeling a bit less out of it than what had become baseline for me. and still successfully hiding the worst of my symptoms from my parents so that's a plus.
>>
>tranny
It's okay.
>>
>psychiatrist didn't diagnose me with OCD
>knowingly gives me medicine for OCD symptoms

Do diagnoses matter?

I know I have had really bad OCD symptoms,

I'm certain I had OCD before medicine made those awful thoughts go away.
>>
File: 934687293.png (200 KB, 340x421) Image search: [Google]
934687293.png
200 KB, 340x421
>>29728631
there's no such thing as mental illness
the only illness is weakness
the only one who can fix you is yourself
/thread
>>
>>29731833
nurses don't even do anything in psych wards they just write shit about people all day
>>
>>29731830
Have you taken venaflaxine? Please respond.
>>
>>29731896
Depends on the ward and the nurse. I work in psychiatric acute and I usually don't get to take a break because I chasing up stuff for patients. There's more then enough work if you want to work, but like I said moat don't want to so they dont
>>
>>29731894
>saving an image with wildly different colors as a png instead of a jpg
You best start believin in mental illness son: you have one (an extra chromosome)
>>
at what point do you become an alcoholic?

>drink nearly every night from ~6-12PM
>get drunk as fuck every time
>some days ill have drinks in the morning as well but none in between
it's been like this for about 2 months (since my gf broke up with me)
>>
>>29731902
I have Pristiq, which is similar to venaflaxtine/effexor/whatever.

I'm also on Wellbutrin/Bupropion.

After the wellbutrin reached full effect, I had about 3 weeks of finally feeling almost human. Then something happened, I don't fucking know what, and everything collapsed.
>>
>>29731964
I'm wondering the same thing.

I don't get drunk everyday, but I've had at least a drink or two every night for the last 3 weeks. Nothing really sparked it, I just discovered the fact it actually made me feel (semi) normal. I almost sobbed like a little girl when the realization of how fucked I probably am hit me earlier.

Some nights I go from buzzed to intoxicated and just keep going. It helps, but then I start to feel suicidal.

My instincts tell me I should stop, but then I realize how little I fucking care about myself.
>>
>>29732114
I was in a class that said if you drink alone or interferes with your life.
>>
>>29731964
well, my mother is an alcoholic and whenever I drink I tend to go overboard
>>
>>29732146
>drink alone or interferes with your life.
Well, I drink alone.

Never really had a life for it to ruin.

I guess that counts. Fuck.
>>
File: Chuuuu.png (408 KB, 558x689) Image search: [Google]
Chuuuu.png
408 KB, 558x689
How do you even get diagnosed for mental issues? Is it like when you go for a checkup and they ask what your hobbies are and you answer "none". Then they investigate further. Or do you need to go somewhere specific?
>>
I hate it when therapists/doctors start asking about my personal life. Yes I have no friends and no I don't have a life. Fuck off.
>>
OCD faggot here. Wish people would stop saying"haha I'm so organized and OCD"
>>
>>29728987
I have thoughts like that and they don't upset me. That family shit is fucked up though, sorry bro.
>>
I really need help but I've never gotten it because I don't even know where to begin, feel like my life story is too unforgivable for a therapist, and am scared of mind-altering drugs even though I'm addicted to an illegal one.
>>
I feel extremely fine today. The last few days I've been pretty much bedridden thinking obsessively about killing myself for being genetic garbage, and I don't understand why anymore. It's like I'm a different person sometimes.
>>
>>29732645
Sounds like bipolar man. How often does this happen?
>>
If I repressed a memory, did it give me PTSD?

What if I repressed parts of a bad LSD trip, which came back piece by piece over two weeks?
>>
>>29728756
A good friend of mine underwent ECT for depression during a 14 month period that ended about 6 weeks ago. He's a completely different person and has limited memory of his life before the ECT. He's lost all his "intellectual memory" and is unable to remember a single book he's read in his life. He's lost a lot of his "childhood memory" though he talks about "episodes" from childhood flashbacking to him lately. He's lost much of his "social memory" and demonstrates signs that he no longer understands social cues and gestures. He is not on any medication so this is not a factor in his cognition.
He was on the higher end of administered sessions ( a whopping 28 ECT sessions) and has a history of abusive, high-volume cannabis usage during adolescence so take these into consideration. However, I am firmly of the belief he sustained extensive organic brain damage.
>>
>>29732146

Plenty of people drink alone cause it feels fun
>>
>>29732667
Every few weeks.
>>
It sucks. Don't know what's wrong with me. I'm self conscious everytime I go out in public. I feel lots of intense anger and I pretty much hate everybody. I envy people who are goodlooking and successful with sex dating and friends. I always feel numb and tired even on antidepressants. I often am overly sensitive and get pissed off at little things people do. I work only because I'd rather deal with crappy people in retail then be alone at home with my thoughts.
>>
>>29728717
Former weed smoker. I have mental illness problems and smoking weed was a way of self medicating. I quit because I was tired of having to nag shady dealers for it, I don't want to risk getting arrested for a harmless drug and I just got too carried away with it. Many people will say weed isn't addictive but it was for me. It wasn't addictive in the sense that if I break the habit, I have sever withdrawals. It just became something that I really depended on just to get through everyday. I would feel bad and then It would instantly make me feel better while high and then I would come off of it feeling worse. While I was high, I started to get paranoid and get scared of dying from a heart attack or something even though I knew that that would never happen and noone has died from smoking pot. It started to fuck with my mind with all the anxiety and thinking about death and so I quit for good. Yoy can try it, but its not for everyone.
>>
>>29731860
>made those awful thoughts go away.
For the love of God, what meds are you taking?

>>29732420
This is one of my biggest pet peeves. You don't hear people trivializing cancer or Alzheimer's disease but OCD is fair game apparently.

>>29732536
You're more well-adjusted than I am and you probably don't get extremely intense compulsions to act on those thoughts as well. Thanks for the sympathy though. I really just wish I could fucking kill both of my parents and be done with it.

>>29732645
>>29732754
Get yourself checked out for a mood disorder, sounds a hell of a lot like bipolar type 2. I've got bipolar type 1 and life was hell before they put me on lithium. You might just need the right meds to feel like a normal person.
>>
>>29728631

I don't know, but I know I'm def not "normal".

I talk to myself a lot but I have a feeling......
>>
File: 57734079_p0.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
57734079_p0.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1414
> no longer find joy in anything
> tell people this and they think I'm alien
> wake up one day
> suddenly I can feel joy again
> begin listening to music like I used to

Something is broken in my head but when it all rattles together right it's okay.
>>
File: cute post.png (223 KB, 355x422) Image search: [Google]
cute post.png
223 KB, 355x422
>>29728631
Depressed, I probably have a personality disorder.

I keep getting angry thoughts thinking "I'm going to kick the crap out of the next person who insults me desu" probably just depression.

also this >>29732831 gf abuse
she kind of invested a lot in me and has abandonment issues, but I'll eventually just break up with her and don't even feel bad for her anymore.

Oh and I'm really lonely
>>
Addicted to drugs and super depressed. When I'm not high or drunk all I can think of is how much I want to die. I don't have anything to get me through tonight and I can't sleep because my mind is always racing and every day is harder than the last. I wish I actually overdosed on that medicine yesterday even though I was scared of dying from it.
>>
>>29733277
They say those addicted to drugs have poor coping skills but what does that even mean? It means the methods available to you aren't enough to deal with your problems. Coping skills aren't just something you develop, they're resources you use until they run out.
>>
>>29733331
I just have nothing else to help me. I've pushed away so many of my friends and I just feel so fucking alone all the time. Drugs are the only way I can even cope anymore.
>>
>>29733400
>>29733277
also wtf, 2 dubs in a row, maybe this is a sign
>>
File: 1467660013070.jpg (337 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1467660013070.jpg
337 KB, 550x535
diagnosed with depression and anxiety(both GAD and social) been off meds for several months(mainly because the therapist my psychiatrist recommended was an incompetent asshole, so I bailed on both. It was very irresponsible and impulsive in retrospect) and have generally been doing ok. However my social anxiety has been getting worse lately and depression and hopelessness is starting to creep back in. I know that I should probably find a new psychiatrist and get on meds again, but thought of going through that whole process fills me with panic so for now I'm getting drunk alone.
>>
>>29733012
>Bipolar
I've considered the possibility before, but I have too many doubts in my mind. What if the problem is just lifestyle or bad thought processes? Or the result of caffeine addiction then withdrawal? It seems like you could fuck your life up by going to see a doctor. People tend to overreact when they hear you're considering dioxide.
>>
>sometimes extreme anxiety due to standing out
>sometimes don't give a fuck about any form of social norms

It's not really something that's torturing me but I wish I could just be normal and not any form of awkward or unpleasant
>>
>>29732710

jesus christ

i for one plan on sticking with citalopram
>>
>>29732275
A couple days ago I went to the doctor for a checkup and I checked off "depressed mood" and "suicidal thoughts" on the symptom checklist thing. He looked at it and said "Are you depressed?" I said "I don't know I thought that's what you tell me" Then he just moved on and later asked me some question like "would you say you fatigued during the day" etc. and at the end said I was diagnosed with depression. The only thing he did to actually help me was tell me to download a free guided meditation app that can't even be downloaded on my phone.
>>
>>29733798

are you serious about that last part
>>
>>29733798
Are you serious?

Get a new fucking doctor, jesus.
>>
>>29728631
Reminder that self diagnosis is stupid, and if you're sad about having a shit life, you aren't depressed, or are likely just mildly depressed, as severity isn't just based on how you feel, but also how out of the normal range for your situation that emotion is.

Also, that anyone who claims that medications are evil and will ruin your life is a retard with little to no knowledge of medications.
>>
>>29733822
>>29733850
im serious
he actually was my new doctor but i guess i should find a new new one
>>
Last thread 404'd before I could relate more tales.
I will if later this one doesn't.
>>
idk if I have any really issue
only thing I know for sure is that I overthink everything, and that's more than enough to fuck me up honestly
>>
Doctor is making me take anti-depressants for my anxiety. Do anti-depressants work?
>>
File: 1466466114736.png (67 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1466466114736.png
67 KB, 1456x1108
>>29731687
Do you like it? I used to work in a psych hospital as an aide and it was pretty miserable. Although I have my own mental issues, so that may have played a part in why it overwhelmed me so much.
>>
>>29733918
Yes, they can be helpful for treatment of anxiety and obviously for depression, but they're not going to completely fix you, it's not a "take this and you won't feel anxiety anymore" type of drug like benzo's are.

It just helps to take the edge off and make it a bit more manageable, but you'll need to attend therapy and actually do the shit they ask you to in order to fully recover.
>>
>>29733918
Anti-depressants helped with my depression/anxiety somewhat, but also just made feel weird in way that's hard to describe. Definitely worth a shot though, especially if your anxiety is bad.
>>
Got diagnosed with OCD. Was kind of a "Whooa, yeah. Htf?" moment.
>>
>>29733974

therapy is the equivalent of "just do it" advice dont bother paying for that
>>
>>29733974
>>29733992
Thanks anons. I'm going to therapy too. Kind of scared, you know, I'm a fucking mess and I'm afraid of what my therapist will do about it. Can stress/anxiety really affect your health or is that just a meme?
>>
I just want to be alone or to kill myself at this point.
>>
>>29734080
My therapist told me I was living with a life illness and that pills wouldn't magically make me better, but at least I don't slip into psychotic episodes.

She also accused me once of not trying as hard as she was even though I was doing her advice and it wasn't working.

Some of us are just broken beyond repair.
>>
>>29734075
Ignore this retard, he has no idea what he's talking about.

>>29734080
Anxiety can affect your health to some degree, yeah, but generally only noticeably in extreme levels, which isn't likely to be an issue for you.

As long as your blood pressure is in a normal range, you shouldn't have any issues with it.
>>
>>29734193

he can always find out the hard way but i was just offering some advice to save him money. cbt is total garbage unless youre a dog
>>
>>29734173
That's what I'm scared of, being broken beyond repair. Has therapy helped you to some degree? I want to know if this is good investment of my time
>>
>>29734227
Your advice is shit, and factually incorrect. Not only is it that, but it's outright damaging, as it may stop someone who needs help from going and getting it.

You don't know more than psychiatrists or psychologists, and should stop acting like you do.
>>
severe tourettes. Had tics for a long time, got really bad in the past few years. cant stop saying nigger out loud all the time. There few people on this forum with a lower chance of ever acclimating with a large group of people than me
>>
>>29734286

take the advice of this guy studying psychology in college but has never actually attempted to make use of the mental healthcare in north america

follow psychiatrists route especially so you can end up on 5 different drugs (usually 2 ssris, abilify + another antipsychotic + benzo) and be in a worse off spot than before

happens to literally everyone that doesnt benefit from SSRIs
>>
>>29734278
The social assistance aspects of my therapy have been very helpful. I was unemployed and now I'm on disability and I almost got into a supportive housing group.

All the advice they give me is pretty shit, it might help people in a shallow depression but I'm too far gone for it to make a difference.

> "Go hang out with people."
> "Okay well I still thought about killing myself the whole time."
> "Then get some exercise."

Best medicine is changing your whole life situation or outlook, for example money was bothering me so I said fuck it and live a minimalist lifestyle, money and worry free.
>>
>>29734342
That's a great argument, faggot, I like in particular how you addressed the actual issues of why it's bad and what it actually is, and didn't just fear monger and make shit up.

There are many different classes of medication approved for treatment of depression, and you're unlikely to ever end up on fuckig abilify unless you're legitimately psychotic, let alone apparently 2 SSRI's (which is dangerous, can cause serotonin syndrome and isn't done as a result), 2 AP's (which is pointless and doesn't happen unless you're so severely psychotic one on its own can't handle your symptoms) and a benzo (which aren't even handed out as scripts the way you're implying unless you have seizures).

You've also displayed a complete lack of understanding as to what therapy actually is, it's a lot more than "Yeah just go out and do shit".
>>
>>29734405

>and you're unlikely to ever end up on fuckig abilify unless you're legitimately psychotic

100% confirmed for having no experience in mental healthcare other than undergrad psych courses
>>
>>29734364
Ah, I see. Might as well try the therapy. The advice proabably won't be particulary substantial as you said but the anti-depressants might be worth it. Thanks for the help anon
>>
>>29733918
They helped me. I take 75 mg of venlafaxine. It definately numbs any of my moody irritable tendencies.
>>
File: 20160704_225725.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160704_225725.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29728631
>schizoaffective
>sliced thigh open because I thought I had a tracking device under my skin
>cut so deep I thought I could see fat

It has healed okay though after a week. I closed the wound with duct tape like stitches would. It bled for an entire day though.
>>
>>29734442
>100% confirmed for having no experience in mental healthcare other than undergrad psych courses

It's not a medication generally used for anything but psychosis. Other anti-psychotics are approved for insomnia or anger issues, but abilify isn't considered a first line treatment for it.

Are you planning on providing a single source for anything you've said though, or just making stupid baseless claims?

>>29734451
The advice progresses, that stuff is early therapy usually, when they don't know you that well and are just trying the common strategies that generally help everyone to some degree.
>>
>>29734496
Thanks anon, I feel better about taking them now.
>>
>>29734527
Oh, I see. I'll try to be open and honest with my therapist so I can get the most of out of it. Thank you for the help anon
>>
>aspergers, thrown in is some anxiety and depression

My mind is a fucking mess, but I guess I'm holding up okay.
>>
>>29734605
That's the only way it's really helpful, a lot of people have issues with not sharing stuff with their psychs and then complaining they can't help, but they aren't mind readers.

Tell them what's bothering you, answer the questions honestly, and most importantly make sure to do the stuff they recommend every single day. If you do that, there's no reason you can't get better.
>>
File: image.gif (474 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
474 KB, 500x383
>tfw depression
>tfw social anxiety disorder
>tfw borderline personality disorder
>>
autism sucks i wish i had been aborted
>>
>>29734789
I feel you dude, autism has made my life a living hell
>>
>>29734665
I'll keep that in mind. I really fucking hate my anxiety. I'll try my best. Thanks anon
>>
>>29734971
Good luck anon, I'd really recommend avoiding threads on the topic here while you're in treatment too, they tend to be full of really bad advice and just a negative atmosphere, this one's probably the best I've ever seen.
>>
I am completely filled up with pain and I can't ever focus on anything but mistakes I've made in the past
I promise I won't kill myself but I can't lie- the thought crosses my mind constantly. I'm desperate to make the pain stop. I'm making positive changes in my life but life is still very hard. I do it for you /r9k/.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-03+at+12.07.38).jpg (123 KB, 506x571) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-03+at+12.07.38).jpg
123 KB, 506x571
>>29735076
If you're doing it for me you better know I'm doing it for anime
>>
bipolar and /onmymeds/ here

desu senpai it sucks i want off them and to go back to the loony bin
>>
Anyone else not wanting help? I was offered pills after being diagnosed with major depression but refused.

I feel as though this isn't that bad. I am pretty sad all of the time but I feel it is not so bad, like I don't think being sad is worse than being happy. It is hard to explain, I don't think being happy would make me feel better than being sad, it all is the same.
>>
>>29737244
You probably turned down pills because you thought they'd change you, didn't you?

On my pills I don't feel changed, just elevated. Rather than wake up 3/10 my regular 3/10 self I get to wake up 5/10 as my regular 5/10 self.
>>
>>29737313
Yeah I guess that was part of the reason. I don't feel like I have an "elevated me"; I have a job and a few friends so I don't feel like I have such an issue. I do experience happiness maybe around once every couple of months and I feel like it is not really that great. I don't feel like being depressed is bad, I don't feel like it is something I want to change. I don't view being happy in a positive light, and I don't view being sad in a negative light. All emotions feel neutral to me.
>>
>>29729367
>I get benefits because I have severe depression and anxiety alongside the AVPD
>anxiety alongside the AVPD
Wait, what? Please clarify. Are we talking anxiety rooted in social exchanges, or do you mean you have GAD as well or something?
>>
>>29737629
Yeah, this. What sort of psych would diagnose a personality disorder while something else that can cause the same symptoms is present? That's one of the criteria for PD diagnosis.
>>
>>29731301
You're almost gone you have like a week if you keep at regressing
>>
>>29737768
There's no real way to predict how long someone has left before they have more severe issues. And if he's sleep deprived (which after three days of no sleep, he is), psychosis isn't even a sign of mental illness, it's normal.
>>
>>29737659
I'm surprised no one asked earlier in the thread. That was posted 8 hours ago, and there were even several mentions of AvPD before that post.
>>
>>29737843
I agree, it's weird no-one noticed it before, but I guess AvPD's the "in" disorder at the moment, so people just go along with whatever people say if they claim they have it.

It was the same with schizophrenia a bit back, you had people claiming they were currently psychotic and actively delusional, then saying what their delusions were. And no-one would point out that it doesn't work that way.
>>
not very well

I wish I could stop wishing I was a girl.

It's ruining my life.
>>
>>29733798
I haven't laughed like that in years. I got all teary-eyed. Thanks for sharing, Anon. I'd forgotten what my genuine laughter used to sound like.
>>
>>29737935
I think that was around the time I started frequenting the mental illness generals. I still haven't done enough reading up on that condition to confidently call people out. I want to be absolutely sure on my stuff before I start questioning others.
>>
>>29738250
I've browsed them on and off for a fair while, and it always comes in cycles, it was OCD for a bit, then Bipolar, then psychotic depression. And every time it's always just people assuming stuff from a wikipedia article.

What you're doing is best though, it's no better when someone comes into a thread and spergs out at everyone for being self diagnosers with no proof or reason to think it.

I only ever bother if someone else does or it's particularly bad and the person's giving advice and trying to e-diagnose others based on their shitty understanding, because that's harmful for others.
>>
autism

i am very very bored
and sad
>>
>>29738409
You give a knowledgable impression. Did you do your reading in your spare time or is it connected to your work?
>>
>>29738540
Both, I care for a disabled family member, which is kind of full time work, but I'm not a professional in the field by any means, I don't know anywhere near as much as a clinician would.
>>
I have no idea what's wrong with me.

I went to my parent's home after hanging out with a good friend and I suddenly felt very chilled. Couldn't speak because I was shivering so intensely. I tried to sleep it off, but I woke up in the middle of the night. Walked downstairs to grab a bite, then felt like I had slipped out of reality. I ran around the house screaming and my heart rate went well into the mid 200s. My parents forced me back in bed and had me drink plenty of water.

Things haven't been the same since. I've been constantly paranoid, and I've had some more bad episodes since including one where I tried to rip my own tits off. All I want is to feel normal again.
>>
>>29738575
What labels does he/she have?
>>
Sever depression and anxiety. Insomnia to the max sometimes up to 48 hours before my body gives out.
>>
>>29732992

This. I had severe withdrawal symptoms for a month straight when I quit cold turkey.

Coming out of it, I'm extremely paranoid about everything. I think it did change me a little.

I don't recommend smoking it to curb depression - which I did - you will start using it every day and I firmly believe it will fuck with you.

Was abusing it for 3 years straight. Depression + drug use = failing out of college. Slowly getting my life back together, however.

Before potheads say stupid shit: all of this was my own doing and I blame myself only. In moderation I think weed is fine. I have a medicinal card and only smoke it when I have migraines which is very seldom now; I think depression caused them more than anything.
>>
>>29733442
I recommend looking up "Hypericum perforatum". It may not be the best medication for your troubles, but at large enough doses I know it has a positive effect on me at least, and I have all symptoms of SAD. You should be able to buy cheap pills of this stuff online without a prescription, so that's why I'm recommending it.
>>
>>29728631
I'm pregnant, and oddly I feel calmer in this 5th month of pregnancy than I did before and when not pregnant.

I can't fucking tell which of my illnesses are affecting me anymore vs. The pregnancy. My bipolar 2 feels like it cycles more rapidly, and sometimes it feels like small triggers cause me to get really emotional. But I'm mostly very lonely and want to be held but don't trust anyone and I seriously never leave the house anymore except to go to Starbucks to milk the Starbucks rewards program and PRETEND that I'm normal. Although spending several hours there fighting rising discomfort must make it pretty obvious I'm a fucking loser with no life.

I keep dreaming about my ex. But he abandoned me in my last dream.
I don't fucking understand why his NPD forces him to be mean and aloof to me.
I am not a mean person.
But I am pretty bitter and angry lately and feel like my support is no longer effective.

I cried because on twitch I asked this guy if the pics of his gal he was offering to the streamer (an arist with bi-colored hair, cruelly de'vil style, but black and teal/green) were cool (he wanted her to paint his girl) and he told me to get fooked. I was going to offer to try painting her, and he didn't say anything else to me, and it really hurt my feelings because I debated over asking and didn't expect him to be mean, then she stopped streaming her twitch moments after and I fucking cried like a stupid fucking emo shit. But there were other feelings behind the crying.
I hate the 4th of July. And I'm never touched. And never get to see anyone at all. And I just fucking. Am sad and lonely. And I can't kill myself cuz I'm pregnant. And I don't know if I can ever work again. And I can't tell how to fix my problems. I can't even tell if they're problems anymore. I'm just shit.
>>
>>29738651
Schizophrenia mostly, some comorbid issues, but that's the one that stops them being able to care for themselves properly.

It's a he, too.
>>
>>29738883
I wish the best for both of you then.
>>
>>29738927
Thanks, we're mostly fine though, he's properly medicated and work pretty closely with the local crisis management team, so there's not huge issues.
>>
>>29736907
Got any fun stories for us from there?
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-24+at+12.16.20).jpg (18 KB, 259x540) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-24+at+12.16.20).jpg
18 KB, 259x540
LIFE IN SHAMBLES BECAUSE MY MIND IS BROKEN
MIND IN SHAMBLES BECAUSE MY LIFE IS BROKEN
vvgfhnasdfeufoadfadnlfasdlfasdkfasdASjidahd
there is no cure
>>
>>29728631
>nearly a year of going to public and private doctors
>finally diagnosed anxiety
>Many symptoms, all are physical. Mentally I am chill as fuck
Not sure if doctors are havin a giggle and they don't wanna tell me I'm fucked at this point. I wouldn't give a fuck desu. I'd embrace the NEET life and die the happiest man who efer lived.
>>
>>29731833
You sound like such a fucking bitch, fuck I wish I could gut you and stuff your fucking intestines up your cunt and make you give birth to them. FUCK YOU WHORE
>>
>>29739726
Real edgy, retard.

By the way, the way the person said that they'd put the patient onto their ass and in seclusion suggests they're a guy, the small psych nurses aren't used for patient restraining.
>>
I posted this in another thread but I think there might be more people who could help me here

Can anyone help I'm afraid I might be schizo
I have constant fears that people are watching me or have cameras in the bathroom and sometimes I think everyone secretly hates me and I'm constantly terrified of worms crawling in me or parasites in my food or insects laying eggs and biting me and spiders getting in my clothes and when I close my eyes I'll see things sometimes and they won't go away until I open them again and it's very hard to eat and it's hard to sleep, I'm hearing people say my name or my phone ring when it didn't happen, I keep thinking that horrible things happened to me in my past and I can hardly tell if these memories are true or not
Help me robots I don't want to be insane
>>
>>29740103
If you realise these things aren't rational, you're not schizophrenic or psychotic, they're just irrational thoughts.

But honestly, do you really think any of us here can diagnose you based off a couple self reported symptoms, let alone do anything about it if you were psychotic? Go see a doctor if you're worried.
>>
>>29728631
I think I have some form of depression but I don't really want to find out. Even if I do find out that I do have it, I'm still not going to be taking medication for it anyway. I feel like learning that I do will just make me feel worse about it, and if I don't have it I'll feel even worse for assuming I have an illness that a lot of people actually do struggle with. I also don't want my parents to worry about me or my mental health as a result of me asking them to take me.
>>
>>29739972
No it's just some fucking dumb whore who considers getting the male orderlys to manhandle people "putting them on their ass"
>>
File: why-00057.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
why-00057.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
I think I chipped my tooth when I punched myself a few days ago.
>>
>>29740577
How could you possible know enough to say this?

And why are the fucking dumb whores? Not even whiteknighting, but holy shit you're fucking mad about absolutely nothing here.
>>
>>29740596
>I-I'm not a white knight but leave the fair maiden with a princess complex who bullies mentally ill people alone
Wew
>>
File: t0hrg1.png (81 KB, 447x350) Image search: [Google]
t0hrg1.png
81 KB, 447x350
>>29728631
I think I am manic to an extent.

I get mood swings that make me act out and behave differently, and I usually feel embarrassed and ashamed of my behaviour when I don't feel depressed.
>>
>>29740577
I wish you used a tripcode or name so I could filter you because I assume you are the same guy that so often gets ass-blasted over nothing in these threads. You never actually seem to contribute with anything, just screw up the thread with your unreasonable ruckus.
>>
>>29740628
Yeah, that's totally what I said you fucking moron.

And how exactly were they bullying mentally ill people? By not letting them be violent towards staff or other patients?

Do you think that the courts are bullying violent criminals as well?
>>
>>29740692
I'm gonna be honest with you, I misread your post at first. Thought it said
>I think I am manlet to an extent.
Really ironic when considering the thread we're in.
Has fear of heights gone too far?
>>
A guy I know (a good seven years younger than me) told me he lost his virginity yesterday.

It sent me into yet another death spiral of depression.
>>
>>29729439
>Do you loath yourself, feel inferior, or suspect that people secretly dislike you even if they act friendly?
That describes you, me, and everyone else on this board.
>>
>>29740744
I don't even typically post in these threads, that nurse just really pissed me off with the whole "hehe I love you but also annoy me and I'll beat you up and pump you full of drugs <3" bullshit.
>>
>>29740751
You could tell she thought she was some sort of bad ass for putting patients in seclusion.
>>
File: 1463954089825.png (71 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
1463954089825.png
71 KB, 353x352
>I'm depressed for at least a month found out it's because I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder which led to depression
>was so fucked up I wasn't accepted to masters degree which was the only thing I wanted in life. So now it's even worse, I think about suicide all the time. I know I was losing it the day of the exam and day before I only sat and sobbed.
>Must make my bachelor degree but can't due to this. I have time til september
>There is no psychiatrist nearby who accepts new patiens. The only thing I have are some mild meds drom family doctor and it doesn't work on me. I drink a lot because that's the only thing really.
>fucked.jpg don'tknowwhattodowithmylife.png
>I should have go to the psychiatrist earlier now it got to a point where I can't bear it.
>>
>>29741699
I just scraped through the first year of my BA after a big breakdown, you can do it anon, I believe in you. What you studying?
>>
>>29741674
How is that related to them bullying anyone?
>>
>>29741720
If you take joy in putting people in seclusion it follows that you'd look for a reason to do it.
>>
>>29741713
I did ok in years. Not a good GP because anxiety but it wasn't like I would drop out.

My course is quite hard since it's microbiology, cell biology, molecular biology. But now I feel like I can't even open my thesis to fix things that aren't alright. I'm just scared af to even touch it.
If you had a breakdown, better find a help as soon as possible otherwise it will blow in your face later even if you think it won't be worse. Believe me in this I tried to do it like this and now I'm just done.
>>
>>29741656
>>29741674
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but after re-reading the posts I still don't get this impression myself.
>States occupation
>Claims to take good care of his/her patients
>Points out that if patients get aggressive then he/she is not afraid to handle the situation accordingly
>>
>>29741764
Where did they say they took joy in it? And you realise that in a ward, you have to have a legitimate reason to put someone in seclusion, right?
>>
>>29741769
That's a pretty sweet field. I can't really help you, but speaking from personal experience, it's never as bad once you open it and actually get to work. You'll feel infinitely better and wonder why you were so freaked out. Good luck and remember if you fuck up you can still go back to education once you feel better.
>>29741779
They don't really care about their patients, it's all an excercise in bullshit virtue signalling and tormenting people. The only people who genuinely care about mentally ill are their family, and MAYBE their therapist/friends if they get lucky. Mental hospitals are prisons where the guards are legally allowed to beat and drug you, and where they mark you as a detriment to society for the rest of your life.
>>
>>29741699
Light therapy with a serious light like from Carex, omega 3 for between one and two gram EPA per day, and truly excellent diet with moderate exercise are all proven effective and require no doctor. Maybe worth trying.

A supportive relationship with an online mental health buddy could help too. There are subreddits for that kind of thing.
>>
I started a vlog yesterday where I talk about my life and mental state. I don't show my face in the video. Would any of you like to watch it? We could be YouTube buddies.
>>
>>29741928
I would watch it pls post a link.
>>
got diagnosed with schizoid pd some months ago.
>>
>>29741838
Holy shit mate, you have absolutely no idea how psychiatric units work, do you?

No-one in there is interested in virtue signalling or whatever the fuck, and if you beat your patients, you're going to be arrested, they're extremely heavily regulated. Only time you can drug a patient legally is if they're being outright violent, or are involuntary and refusing medication.

It's nothing like a prison, and as for your record, it's just your medical record, so no-one but government employers can even see it, and unless you're planning on joining the FBI, it's no issue.
>>
>>29741963
Here you go friend
https://youtu.be/6QaJbe10Dpg
>>29741986
Im not believing your lies devotee of Satan.
>>
File: 1322647010247.jpg (17 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1322647010247.jpg
17 KB, 400x600
>>29729439

>suspect that people secretly dislike you even if they act friendly?

I am this feel.
>>
>>29742012
Believe what you want, give it a google, there's laws about this stuff.
>>
>>29742035
>hehe yes goyim don't you see the laws! Look! It says right here we can only beat and drug you if you refuse your mandatory mind altering drugs!
Bravo
>>
>>29742058
Why are you strawmanning? Do you have issues reading, or are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>29742068
It's not a straw man, I'm just trying to illustrate that """"""laws""""" will not protect you.
>>
>>29742075
Do you know how laws work? Any seclusion or drugging given to patients is required to go before a tribunal to make sure it was justified. And if you feel you're being mistreated, there are third party advocacy groups that help, and you have access to easily in the wards.

Just going "Laws don't count" is stupid. These units aren't like 50's asylums.
>>
>>29742122
All the laws in the world and mental patients still hang themselves due to neglect, a tribunal afterwards where they make some token revisions and lay off a few staff won't make you any less FUCKING DEAD

Do you work in a mental hospital? Are they paying you by the hour to shill here or is luring in more hapless victims just something you do for fun?
>>
>>29742186
Patients don't hang themselves because of neglect, they hang themselves because it's nearly fucking impossible to stop. Unless the nurses know you're a suicide risk (as in you've said you are), they only check your bedrooms every half hour. It takes 20 minutes to die of hanging.

Tie a pair of pants around your neck and the bed frame, and you'll be dead before the next round. How could they possibly stop that?

>Do you work in a mental hospital? Are they paying you by the hour to shill here or is luring in more hapless victims just something you do for fun?

Yeah, you caught me, hospitals are known for having enough spare money to hire people to shill on fucking internet forums, despite them never having enough beds for patients that come in through ER, they really want to get more people coming in. Retard.
>>
>>29728631
DSM-IV code 295.30
Been in mental rehab since 2012
Hospitalized may 2012 - december 2012
3 Short (week long) periods in 2013
Hospitalized again January 2014 - December 2014

2015 - now, been stable (hear voices and feel persecution occasionally etc.)

I also have panic disorder which is 99.9% gone with meds.
>>
>>29728631
>adhd
>anxiety
>tranny
>>
>>29742242
Yeah just what I thought, you're just such a sadist you try and lure people into your death houses FOR FREE. I hope they at least give you hot pockets as compensation, you piece of shit.
>>
>>29731301
Shadow People are the demiurge and your mental illness allows you to perceive them, but they follow all of us around our entire lives. I'm almost jealous that you can see them, I'd love to be able to fuck with them right back.
>>
>>29742289
You've yet to give a single compelling reason why these places are so bad, at least not one that isn't completely unreasonable or actually fucking illegal.
>>
>>29742253
what do the voices say and what do they sound like
>>
>>29742186
I'm not the guy you are arguing with, but isn't it likely that most of the patients that kill themselves in mental hospitals are already feeling suicidal before they arrive? In fact, I've always thought that was the most common reason of all to be admitted against your will.

Why are you so reluctant to consider the possibility that you might be wrong? I think the other guy's reasoning and arguments all have been pretty good.
>>
>>29742253
Rare to see someone post their DSM code. Wish more people did.
>>
File: CM8lTekWcAAGQvp.jpg (18 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
CM8lTekWcAAGQvp.jpg
18 KB, 400x286
>>29728631
Diagnosed with high fuctioning at age 3, but I don't think that term is in use anymore. I think I'm in the "autism spectrum". But thank god I had probably the best occupational therapy team in the country at the time because I probably wouldn't know what words are. Didn't speak my first full sentence til I was 5. Now no one even notices. All I have to do now is take some anti-depressants and an anti-anxiety medication and I'm all good to go. I think only one of my friends knows I'm an autist, and I'm currently in college with a political science/jorunalism double major. That's how good I got it fammo.

I love you, robot friends. :^)
>>
>>29742365
Because no-one really knows them, psychiatrists don't tell you the code of your diagnosis, it's completely useless for patients to know.

So either he's gone out of his way to request his medical records, or he's making it up.
>>
>>29731964
>at what point do you become an alcoholic?
When you can't function without alcohol.
>>
>>29742317
I don't have the energy for a proper argument, I just want people to realise that bein locked up against your will and force fed drugs is an awful experience.
>>
>>29742303
Neat thought. You should have taken it further, explaining they are the souls of the damned and out to get people.

No, sorry, I shouldn't be fuelling his schizophrenic imagination.
>>
>>29742426
It's not meant to be a good one anon, it's a medical ward, you go there because you need to have a crisis handled in the moment.
>>
>>29742426
I imagine it is, I really do, but if you are arguing for something completely different to begin with, or anything at all really, then you should either start making proper arguments or accept that you are not going to win the debate.
>>
>>29742403
Good for you, friendo.
>>
AVPD, ADD, BPD, high-functioning autism, and depression here.

Currently only taking lamigdol. I'm moving into a new place soon where I'll be able to smoke all the weed I want, so I'm hoping that'll help me with some of the other problems. Doc doesn't seem to think I need to be on anything else other than those two things, and I think I agree with him; while I feel that my life is utterly devoid of purpose and meaning, I don't feel necessarily bad about it. Like, I don't want to die any more, I just don't CARE if I die.

So we'll see what happens. Posting futa because fuck you
>>
>>29742493
Thanks anon. All I know is that I'm probably one of the only people on this whole site my parents are actually proud of, and I was probably going to bang my head against a wall for the rest of my life. Feels good mane
>>
File: gecko.jpg (163 KB, 594x387) Image search: [Google]
gecko.jpg
163 KB, 594x387
>GERD
>feel like shit all the time unless i talk to some very specific people
>generalized anxiety
>inferiority complex
>worst genes in the world courtesy of my father
>cancer runs in the family, i'm guaranteed to get it later on
>had to get a gorillion surgeries when i was a kid
>no friends
>havent kissed a girl my entire life
>havent hugged a girl my entire life
>have to slowly plan out my words otherwise itll be a bunch of jumbled gibberish
>only place i can talk without feeling like a complete spastic is on the internet
>no talent at all
>no skills whatsoever
>cant even play video games without feeling inadequate
>no job
>no degree
just fuck my life up
>>
>>29742465
I wasn't having a debate I was yelling at people I didn't like on the Internet, there's a difference you know
>>
>>29742035
To be fair, are parents ever proud of other people's children?

Serious question. I always assumed they weren't because I knew I couldn't be, but you just made me doubt that logic. Does that happen?
>>
>>29742662
Oh, whoops. Meant to reply to >>29742554 .
>>
>>29742577
What video games do you play? Maybe we could be inferior together. I've been looking for someone who wouldn't mind playing with me despite my constant fuck-ups.
>>
>>29742662
>>29742682
Sounds like a case of pessinarcissism. My parents just randomly give me monies because of how much I've exceeded my expectations. The fact that I'm doing way better than either of my brothers astounds them.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 721x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 721x542
Here's how to fix your shit life if you have depression, and probably other stuff too.

DL-phenylalanine
L-tyrosine ( not too much faggot or you'll get anxiety)
5HTP ecgc

Run tests on methylation pathways
Detox your liver
Liver flushes (at least 10, 3 weeks apart)
Allochol, to clean your shit bile
TUDCA
Stop fapping, edging, even looking at porn, for at least 6 months
Coffee enemas
Daily saunas
Full nutritional balancing course. At least 6 months
Clean diet
Daily exercise

Do all this and you don't need SSRI's, the human mind isn't meant to be depressed.

If you reject trying then yes you do suck, kill yourself
>>
>>29742823
Not this guy, but I'd really recommend anyone thinking of following this guide sees a doctor first, that's a lot of shit to be doing and taking, and you want to make sure it's all safe for you.
>>
>>29728717

It makes things better, but it's easy to overdo. Don't fall for the "if this much is good, then more is better!" line of thinking. There's a tipping point where it starts to hurt instead of help.

>>29732710

I met a guy in a psych hospital who was similar. 20-25 sessions. He talks very slow and his memory is very poor. I fucking cried when he described how it affected him.

>What are you... cryin' about... f-f-faggot?

Nothing, Bobby. Nothing at all.
>>
>>29742823
>Detox your liver

literally why? There is no point in detox. Body does it by itself. It's an esotheric bulshit and you should feel bad. It's something that people are doing because it's cool but it has no point.
>>
>>29742823

I also highly highly recommend Tianeptine sulphate.
>>
>>29742849

I've done it all. Not all at once obviously. I got fucked up from a prescription drug. Accutane. Severed side effects. Loss of libido. Anxiety. Depression. Eye floaters. No erections. Bleeding gums. Me memory loss. Stutter.

Doing all this I recovered maybe 85%.
Feel on top of the world most days, as opposed to thinking people were talking about me everywhere I went. Locking myself away from good friends. Incredibly immature and shit at life.

You either give up and complain. Or you start trying different things. It's that simple. Nothing I mentioned will cause harm. Maybe the supplements if you abuse them.
>>
File: 1259107375399.jpg (37 KB, 298x288) Image search: [Google]
1259107375399.jpg
37 KB, 298x288
Diagnosed psychopath.

I never felt better in my life. I don't have to worry about anything or anyone.
>>
>>29742941
It's absolutely possible for shit to build up in your liver or kidneys anon, they're obviously designed to filter themselves, but if you constantly treat them like crap, they do have a limit.

>>29742977
I'm not saying they would, and I can't speak as to how well it works, I'm just saying that the same with any advice like that, you should have some blood tests done to be absolutely safe.

>>29742993
Are you also the nicest guy I'll ever meet?
>>
>>29742941

Buuuut how do you know?

And why not. Because you suck dick that's why. Easier to not try haha, bummer
>>
>Doctor asks if I've had suicidal thoughts
>y-yes
>Say's oh, I'm sure you wouldn't actually do something like that

Every doctor visit for the past few years

I'm tired of crying out for help
>>
File: 1458913477285.jpg (84 KB, 750x961) Image search: [Google]
1458913477285.jpg
84 KB, 750x961
>>29743010
I can't get angry, or sad. I'm little impatient at times, but I don't show it. I have this constant feeling of bliss when things go my way, if they don't, I'm feeling mildly annoyed.

Yes, people think I'm really nice when they meet me, even though my face says otherwise, but I would strangle every single one of them for 5 dollars, if I really needed that money.

Although they would have to be boring or uninteresting for me to think that way about them.

:)
>>
>>29743118
What do you want them to say? "Haha you're totally gonna do it, aren't you?" They're trying to lead you away from doing it, if you seemed like a massive risk, you'd be in hospitals.

Don't cry out for help with doctors, go to them and tell them what you're struggling with, and that you feel like you can't handle it with your current level of therapy.
>>
>>29743137
Damn, nicest guy I'll ever meet and a twisted fucking psychopath? You sound like a cool kid anon.
>>
>>29743142
I just want them to tell me it's going to be okay, and send me somewhere I can talk to someone
>>
>>29743182
You're looking for an emotional reaction from what I assume is a GP here. Unless you've got an unusually close relationship with them, you're not going to get that, they're trained not to.

You need to tell them that you're struggling with this stuff, and feel like you need to talk to someone about it.
>>
>>29743157
You could say I have two personalities
>>
>>29743229
You could say I have two dicks
>unzips peni
>>
>>29742703
i only play singleplayer games because of my obsession with adequacy and i dont want to cause anyone pain when i inevitably die from cancer, sorry anon
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 238x192
>>29728756
Dewnt dew it
>>
>>29728631
Getting my EEG today
Washed my hair last night to prepare but now it looks like complete shit since I have curly hair but I was scratching the dandruff out of my hair and now the curls are ruined.

I get my diagnoses next week and I can only hope that they don't tell me something horrible like alzeimers.
>>
>>29743304
That's okay. I'm still glad you replied.
>>
>>29742993
Psychopathy isn't a condition that's diagnosed anymore you faggot roleplayer
>>
>>29743416
I had an EEG a few days ago and get my co saltation tomorrow, good luck brobot.
>>
>>29743435
I think he was being facetious anon.
>>
>>29743464
There are a lot of 14 year olds on /r9k/ who pretend to have psychopathy because they think it makes them cool
>>
>>29743881
Anon, I was fucking around
Stop being so obsessed with meaningless shit
>>
>>29744024
>MERELY PRETENDING
oregano
>>
>>29744040
I'll strangle you in your sleep beach boy
>>
>>29744097
Wouldn't it be nice?
>>
File: 1467267571216.png (1 MB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
1467267571216.png
1 MB, 852x854
Pretty sure I've got AVPD just looking back on my childhood and how I react to my friends occasionally. I like to think I'm pretty much a normie, got a gf and friends, but I have these flair ups where I can't go outside unless I know it's very quiet and lightly trafficked or completely recluse myself and not talk to a soul. I also remember in my childhood that I used to hit myself and walk around on my tip-toes all the time. That's autism right? I've completely grown out of it and don't really have anything other than sometimes I can't look people in the eye without putting in some effort, otherwise it's a breeze. Like it all waxes and wanes. I'm OK right?
>>
>>29732146

If you do everything else alone why would drinking be any different? I eat and drink and sometimes have a sip of booze while on the chans/computer and it doesn't seem alcoholic-ish.
>>
File: 13 - pFQeWa0.png (34 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
13 - pFQeWa0.png
34 KB, 700x700
>>29734789

I wish you were a cow when they aborted you...
>>
My mom told me she thinks there's something wrong with me and that I should see someone and get put on meds. This is just from observing me. I haven't told her about any of the horrible thoughts in my head and manage to conceal most of my terrible behaviors when she's around.
I'm not going to the therapist though to get drugged up or put in a ward. I'd rather kms
>>
>>29743881
You're right, there's a lot of people who self diagnose with shit to look cool here, but I think it's pretty obvious he was just fucking around, based on how he went along with the whole "Nicest guy you'll ever meet and twisted fucking psychopath" thing.
>>
>>29733012
>For the love of God, what meds are you taking?
I was taking Risperidone, it really helped.
I switched to Ziprasidone because I was gaining weight and wanted it to stop.
It's still working.
I'm hoping I can just drop all medicine eventually and still be ok.
My psychiatrist said it is a possibility, and that we can lower my dosage and see how it goes.
>>
>>29742433
>he doesn't know

You're better off, honestly.
>>
>>29728631
Bipolar and ADHD, lost my virginity at 15 and now leading a successful life, with occasional bouts of deep crippling depression.
>>
File: 1461601104326.jpg (133 KB, 1000x565) Image search: [Google]
1461601104326.jpg
133 KB, 1000x565
It feels like no matter which direction I head in life I'll just end up killing myself.
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.