[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental illness general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11
File: 1466847857984.jpg (36 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1466847857984.jpg
36 KB, 640x640
Who /schizoaffective/ here?

>tfw hearing voices more often now
>>
>>29631961
What do they tell you?
>>
>>29632019
They don't tell me anything. I just hear whispering and people shouting my name.
>>
scisotypal here fucking dislexa too dude. I havent heard the voices for a while but i started prozac last week for my crippling depression
>>
File: chocofing-r-hhhh-ice06face-full.jpg (133 KB, 751x978) Image search: [Google]
chocofing-r-hhhh-ice06face-full.jpg
133 KB, 751x978
I was officially upgraded from schizotypal to schizoid and most recently to full blown schizophrenia. Apparently, I'm schizophrenic.
Not that such a verdict is gonna make any difference in my life, beside limiting my work possibilities (That I weren't going to achieve in my life time anyway).
I don't talk about it with anyone, not even my family, simply because I don't feel it does anything. It's just a label. I don't even get meds.
>>
>>29632218
>>29632228

My aunt is the only person who looks out for me at this point, she started sending me prozac by the bucket because she knows that im no ok
>>
I don't believe I have any mental illness, just a shitty life. I have no friends, girl friend, no job, NEET and so on, so my parents think I am mentally ill because of that and they want to put me on medication. So i'm freaking out that it will fuck my shit up, because taking medication you don't need will do that. They even threatened to send me to a mental hospital across the country because they "can't deal with my behavior." Everyday this summer they have been bugging me to get a job, and I have been looking, but it's hard and not something that will happen immediately. But still every fucking day they make me leave at eactly 9 am and say I can only come back at 5pm to "simulate a average workday," they even took away one of my laptops. So I just have to wander around all day looking in windows (I don't have a car) in vein, in the hot heat. Sometimes I hang out in the library and nap. Sometimes I'll come back home when their cars aren't there and sneak back inside, but so far this is terrible and has been happening everyday. Again i'm not mentally ill but they have been planning to send me to a psychologist to evaluate me and possibly medicate me, and possibly send me away to a hospital. All because I like being alone and I get angry at them when they pull this shit.

Rant end.
>>
>>29632324
Sounds like my life, I get so freaked out for no reason I just get in my car and drive till it gets dark/go to the liburary all day.
>>
> tfw no hallucination, so I could talk to various interesting characterd and see cool stuff
>>
>>29632324
Your parents are kinda horrible, mate. How do they make you leave anyway, you can just act stubborn and stay in your room. I don't even think the cops could pull you out by force, even if it's your parents house.
>>
>may be schizophrenic, have severe paranoia won't eat any food or drink anything unless I see someone else do it first
>>
>>29632402
If I don't leave my dad just starts yelling "pack your bags" over and over threatening to send me to a mental hospital. I really need to move out.

>>29632359
Yep. That's life for people like you and I. No where to go, no one to see, wandering aimlessly, distracting ourselves until we die.
>>
My biological father (left during childhood) was in and out of of asylums for schizo, when I was younger the voices were strong and malevolent, often telling me to do fucked up shit. As I've gotten older I've been able to exert more control over them and they have become quiet and usually helpful. Not sure if that means anything, I'll have a complete mental breakdown at some point I'm sure.
>>
>>29632324
dude, ride the mental health gravy train while you can

call it depression, hop on some prozac and your parents will get off your back for a while
>>
>>29632442
I moved 1000 miles away from my friends and family at the request of my sister, we went halfesz on a house and now she hates me.
>>
File: 56325828_p0.jpg (754 KB, 1169x886) Image search: [Google]
56325828_p0.jpg
754 KB, 1169x886
>>29632274
Honestly, I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life on pills. To me, there's something inherently wrong about taking something to "fix" me
>>
>>29632524
I'm loosing the ability to speak at this point. The only thing that my mouth is useful anymore is a hole for whiskey
>>
>>29632551
I know that feel, I can barely string together a coherent sentence.. my mind is racing all the time, but my thoughts are organized--they make sense to me, but it just never comes out.
>>
>>29632582
I called up the suicide hotline just to talk to someone that wouldn't touch my shitty life or get me institutionalized, she sounded nice her name was morgan.

Is this my life?
>>
>Mental illness general
Aww yiss! Who here fresh out the loony bin this time?
>>
>>29632049
I hear people shouting my name all the time, what do? Sometimes I hear whispers but it's hard to tell if they're from inside or outside my head.
>>
>>29632497
No, I don't want to fuck up my head more than it already is.
>>
>>29632324
How do know you're not mentally ill when you have no desire to work?
>>
>>29632324
>so my parents think I am mentally ill because of that and they want to put me on medication. So i'm freaking out that it will fuck my shit up, because taking medication you don't need will do that.
I don't get it m8, how old are you?

If you think they really mean business when they threaten with mental hospitals, be extremely prepared to cold-headedly explain the real situation to any professional they make you go to (which also I don't know how they would legally be able to do*), and the real situation is everything that you've written so far.

*Be wary obviously that someone, were he inclined so malevolently, could always emotionally drive someone who isn't expecting it nuts enough to call the hospital on them while they appear nuts and actually manage to get them to a shrink against their will. I seriously hope that that isn't the case, but I wouldn't hope at all if I were you, just to be on the safe side

If that sounds like something their speed, to take it further there's also the related concept of them making YOU doubt your own sanity, which is also something ugly and uneducated white trash parents will subconsciously do to their kids, allegedly from a good heart and because they're worried, but I would really consider whether by that point it really doesn't matter and they're literally the devil incarnate either way. Further Reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Also,
>psychologist
psychologists can't give out meds, and they're also on average less psychopatic(more empathetic) than psychiatrists, so if you really decide you have to do something, opt for the psychologist. Still don't let your guard down though. They can't make you take drugs, and you're on the right track by knowing that you shouldn't take drugs just because somebody who doesn't give a fuck is making you. Drugs are for people who hear voices, end of story. (Unless you personally would think otherwise, but you don't and I agree with you)
>>
>tfw tell people about my beliefs
>be told I need to go to a psychiatrist

I don't want to believe that there's something wrong with me.
>>
>>29632794
Nice comprehension. I do want a job, it just takes some time and have been unsuccessful at it thus far. Even if I didn't want a job that doesn't automatically make someone mentally ill.
>>
>>29632794
Why the fuck would someone likelier be mentally ill just because they don't wanna work if they have the option to stay at home and do whatever they want?

>>29632324
If you really are mentally healthy, I see no reason to fear going to a psychologist like your parents are proposing. Just go there, tell the therapist the truth about you feeling completely normal and healthy mentally. If it really is the truth, the therapist won't put you on any pills or lock you up. He/she will just have to let you go, and then you can prove to your parents that you are in fact mentally sound in every way after the psych evaluation so they can cut out the threats.

They might just end up kicking you out BECAUSE you now have no excuse not to get a job, but lets be honest here, they are essentially already on the verge of doing that regardless.

Alternatively, >>29632497 is another good option if you wouldn't mind lying.
>>
>>29632854
Normies will go crazy if they have nothing to do
>>
>>29632835
No one does at first, but everyone should at some point consider the possibility. Line up the facts and see what they point to. Question whether or not there is even the slightest possibility, then go from there.
>>
>>29632885
I think I might be having delusions, but at the same time I'm kinda aware I could be wrong, but on the other hand I believe it.
>>
>>29632819
I am 19 and I am well aware they can't force an adult to take meds, but the thing is they still can kick me out of the house and if they think I need it still send me somewhere.

I am prepared to explain to the psychologist my situation.

That is pretty helpful, I didn't know there was a term for it, but yes I believe they are making me insane if anything. Their neurotic, narcissistic normalfags, but becasue they are boomers who have a good job they are exempt form care, They are pathologically and obsessively driven to exert control and order over anyone and anything, pretty basic normalfag stuff.

And yes I know a psychologist can't prescribe pills, but from what they said the psychologist will be working in conjunction with a psychiatrist who will be able to.
>>
>>29632873
Can someone verify this? To me it seems impossible to get an enjoyable job if you have no additional experience or education to graduating high school. If that really is the case, wouldn't a person in that position hate their situation regardless, just in different ways? Only difference would be trading money for freedom.
>>
File: pepe7.jpg (3 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
pepe7.jpg
3 KB, 125x120
>>29632049
me too for 3 years i didnt know this was schizo dear god i should stay
>>
>>29632904
Need the details, buddy. That doesn't tell us much at all.
>>
This is a disenting opinion, I find that mental drugs have helped me at least I don't want to kill myself every goddamn second. I'm only 29 I don't want to die.
>>
File: rare pepe 2.jpg (25 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe 2.jpg
25 KB, 255x255
>>29632404
oh im afraid of eating anything besides goldfish and drinking anything besides pepsi been like this for a year now im sick of goldfish

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>29632921
The other option is to run away be homeless jobless and worthless
>>
>>29632956
I've already talked about this several times here but I feel that I might be stuck in a simulation made by aliens. I feel that some people around me are aliens, I even started to think my brother is one and I thought about killing him 2 days ago. But it was more out of anger. A month or two ago I thought a lady was a mind-reader alien and I seriously considered strangling her.

But I go home and then I feel I'm wrong and I tell myself I'm just making things up out of an overactive imagination, but at the same time I'm worried that I'm right. Is it really that unlikely?
>>
>>29632655
my brother got out a few weeks ago he was at the most secure mental hospital in the state but no havent been in a long time
>>
>>29632999
You are suffering a particular part of psychosis. Imposter syndrome
>>
>>29632819
I can verify everything this man said about psychologists, except for the part about drugs only being for people who hear voices. There are plenty of meds out there for people with other mental illnesses that have a recorded success rate that exceeds the effects of placebo. Medical treatment is easily overlooked even in this day and age.

However, in this >>29632921 case, I see absolutely no reason why you specifically should take any drugs.
>>
>>29633020
But is it psychosis if I think to myself that I could be overreacting? I argue in my head about it. And when I'm alone I feel better
>>
>>29632049
I have a feeling sometimes that someone is shouting my name too! I get weird head exploding episodes, used to talk to myself, but I'm diagnosed with schizotypal disorder (used to smoke a lot of weed, did other psychedelics), now I'm on risperidone 3mg daily, will have to take it for 5 years or so. Missed the good ol' days with weed and other drugs.
>>
Remember mentally illfags
The problems that you have are purely in your mind.
You must remember that they are not the truth only your mind playing tricks on you, very real feeling tricks.
>>
>>29632228
None of those disorders "upgrade" one another. They all have different symptoms and different neurological causes. Sounds like you're just diagnosed schizotypal, schizoid and schizophrenic. Must suck for you.
>>
>>29633040
also, I think particular people are following me.
>>
>>29633034
Abso-fuckingloutly if you can't shake the idea even though you know that is not correct. Lots of schizophrenics know that their hallucinations are not real but they experiencing them just the same.
>>
>>29633109
Shit dude. Is it also worrying that I keep seeing things in my peripheral vision way more often than before and could be possibly hearing things that are not there? I heard a noise like someone was sniffing hard right next to me but my brother didn't hear it.

I'm a bit scared desu
>>
>>29633040
>not smoking weed and doing psychadelics in spite of your drug induced schizotypy

Come on man I have drug induced schizophrenia and I don't let that stop me. I've even mixed acid and meth recently and things never got too out of hand, surely you can treat yourself to a little weed every once and awhile.
>>
>>29633147
That happens to me when ive taken a lot of stims and havent slept. If that shits happenin to you sober you gotta watch yoself homie
>>
>>29633034
The fact that you are trying to debate if this really is rational or not is great, but the actions your condition almost leads you to take are no joke. I recommend seeing a professional about this, no doubt.

Think about it like this:
>There's a person called Anon.
>Anon is having some really weird thoughts pop up that normal mentally healthy people don't have.
>Anon questions if his condition is mentally sound.
>Regardless of his conclusions, it doesn't change the core of his condition.
>He needs to treat his issues.
>>
>>29633045
Call me dumb, but I'm confused. How are the issues of someone with antisocial personality disorder just in their head?
>>
>>29633204
Yeah completely sober. Never took stimulants or did drugs.
>>29633205
I guess that's the only thing I can do. But I feel like it's their plan to get me to a professional and have me locked up for good. Lately whenever something bad happens I feel like it's the aliens punishing me for talking about this online
>>
>>29633066
I'm not in a professional position to diagnose myself. They were issued by different doctors at different places at different times.
I don't blame them, though. I used to be very anxious all the time, but for whatever reason my mind did a 360 and now nothing really bothers me. All of my prior, soul-crushing anxieties have disappeared. Only, I now have a hard time relating to others.
But, frankly, that's a small price to pay to escape the anxiety hell I was in.
As for the most recent diagnosis of full-blown schizophrenia, all I can say is that I was talking to the doctor about how there's no guarantee we aren't all living in a simulation, and how I felt the world around me was fake-ish. I guess that's enough to get deemed clinically insane.
>>
File: 1467282178639.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1467282178639.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29631961
Nice Help Helpper - Easter synthesis!
>>
>>29633189
when I do it with risperidone I get these weird paranoia shizoid episodes, so I shall wait for risperidone to work on me (maybe I'll get normal. been doing it for like 3 months or so), and then start smoking once again.

my dream is to be a hobo with a backpack full of drugs. atm growing literally pounds of pot, I'm sure I'm gonna have like 3 pounds at least. then I'm gonna leave it to rest for a while, and when I get or not get healthy, will drop the medication and start smoking once again... Circle of "life".
>>
>>29632402
>his dad doesn't start yelling untill you do the thing

Lucky you.
>>
File: 1448386113682.jpg (73 KB, 601x625) Image search: [Google]
1448386113682.jpg
73 KB, 601x625
Serious question

Does intense and constant boredom count as some kind of mental illness? All I ever feel is bored anymore and I don't know how to classify it

And it's not le depression. This feels different
>>
>>29633294
Seems like you just answered your own question.
You're bored. Find a new hobby.
>>
File: face.jpg (31 KB, 477x360) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
31 KB, 477x360
shut up frogposter
>>
File: when you don't like jews.png (81 KB, 673x764) Image search: [Google]
when you don't like jews.png
81 KB, 673x764
>>29632049

Good gosh... I used to hear people calling my name all the time (would turn around and say "what"? to people behind me who I thought did it) and a lot of the time I hear what sounds like distant shouting/yelling...
>>
>>29633243
>I feel like it's their plan to get me to a professional and have me locked up for good
I don't actually have a good source to base my suspicion on, but I wouldn't guess they'd lock you up in a mental hospital for something like that, especially not for long if they actually decided to. The fact that you question the rationality of your 'unusual' thoughts and suspicions are probably going to be taken into consideration as well, which also indicates lesser consequences than one might worry about at first. Also,
>aliens punishing me for talking about this online
I can understand why you would think this, but that doesn't make me wish to change any of my previous statements. I think at least trying to seek help would be worth a shot.
>>
>>29633306
that's the thing though. I can't. Literally NOTHING is interesting to me anymore.

I've done everything from anime and vidya to travelling to different countries and getting a girlfriend. That's why I want to know if there's something actually wrong with me. Boredom at this level can't be natural can it?
>>
>>29633365
Okay, thanks anon. I used to hear voices as a kid and had some weird delusions. Like whenever I laid my head down on my pillow at night I heard my pulse somehow and I thought it was some kind of demon talking to me and telling me to behave. I also couldn't stand posters because their eyes would move around and their smiles would get wide. These symptoms disappeared when I got older but it seems to be happening again
>>
>>29633379
Absence of interest in anything is probably not normal, but that doesn't mean it has to be something bad. Have you asked yourself whether you need to be interested in something particular? Maybe you're simply resting in yourself. Are you anxious about doing something, feel like you have to busy yourself with some hobby?
Maybe it's an idea to think back to when you were younger, and the activities that interested you then. It's worth a try.
>>
>>29633379
I've never heard of any mental illness like that. Only thing that comes to mind would be depression, but you already ruled that out, so I doubt you are actually mentally ill in that case. I can't remember reading about anything like that in the DSM-V or ICD-10 either.

Still, I can understand that constant boredom is not a normal state mentally. I just doubt it's enough to be classified as "mentally ill".
>>
>>29632957
>only 29
YOur essentially dying already m9
>>
>>29633434
No problem. I think you should thank >>29633109 as well though. His replies may have been shorter, but they were still good.

Disturbing stuff though. I never knew how common psychosis was before I started visiting the mental illness threads here. I used to think it was some almost fairy tale-like stuff that someone somewhere got once every blue moon, but apparently not.
>>
>>29631961
Do any of the voices tell you to be courteous to other people and get a job?
>>
>>29633445
I've been like this for a few years now. I've tried most of what you've said before (apart from the anxious thing which I'm pretty sure I'm not) and I don't see anything. It's not just the absence of interest though. It's the feeling of that just won't go away no matter what I do. I'm sure you know the feeling?

>>29633484
>your problem hasn't even been noted down

Well shit I guess I'm REALLY fucked huh? I've gone to plenty of physiologists and they all give me the same depression story (which it isn't) so I don't know where else to go from here.

Are you a psychologist? Can't imagine someone would just willingly read those books without it being part of their job somehow
>>
>>29633544
>most probably severe social anxiety
I do not agree with this statement, and honestly, I am very confused how you came to this conclusion. I've re-read your post several times now and I still don't understand. Maybe I'm just plain dumb, but please elaborate in detail.

>>29633706
>Are you a psychologist?
No. I am only a psychology student.
>>
>>29633544
My parents aren't neurotic and never gave me medication or ever suggested anything like it. I'd say they're very good and my brother is fine. I don't know. I feel better when alone because the internet distracts me
>>
I've been seeing things out of the corners of my eyes. At first it was just black spots I would mistake for bugs but over the past few months they have grown into larger and more complex entities. I've seen people walk into my room and noticed monsters among the trees in the distance.

This comes and goes though. I haven't been seeing anything this week or last and I feel like I am all there mentally.
>>
>>29633864
>My parents aren't neurotic

>>29632921
>Their neurotic, narcissistic normalfags

Holy fucking shit. I thought I was talking to one person. Sorry man, I apologize. Completely disregard my post. This will be my last time to make a mistake like this. Sorry man
>>
>>29633957
Just to fucking reiterate, I should have known better than to /mentalhealthgeneral/ while I'm sleep deprived. Sorry, I hope you get better whatever it is that's actually your problem. I'll stop posting now because my brain is obviously farting currently.
>>
>>29633957
kek no problem anon, it happens
>>
Yesterday there was a really good thread on the topic of avoidant personality disorder. Not an official mental illness thread, but still relevant enough to link if anyone wants to check it out.

>>29614259
>>
>>29634004
No need for the excessive apologies, it was an understandable mistake. Almost made it myself.

It's times like these I wish we had poster ID:s. Would really help prevent these kinds of misunderstandings.
>>
File: Deadly Friendship.jpg (238 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Deadly Friendship.jpg
238 KB, 500x750
>Tfw fantasize about being abducted, tied up, cut (superficially), made to cry and suffer.
>Tfw no handsome, unstable criminal to make me fall in love with him, Stockholm syndrome style
>>
>>29633786
Well thank you for taking the time to talk to some of us robots. Really appreciate it
>>
>>29634280
I'm gonna be honest with you. I wouldn't do it if I didn't find it interesting, pleasurable or in any other way rewarding, so I partly do it out of my own interest. I just worry that I end up thinking I know more than I actually do. Still several years left before I get my licence and I haven't really gone in-depth on mental illnesses yet in my classes yet.

Most of what I know have I learned on my own initiative, and as a consequence, the only field I'm really well educated on would be APD. Sadly, in-depth discussions on Avoidance come up surprisingly rarely around here, so I don't feel I get to 'help' many at all.
>>
>>29633294
When I get feeling that way I start jogging and I am almost working up to running marathons these days but at least I'm tired and not so bored
>>
>>29631961
Got diagnosed with
>social anxiety
>borderline
>agoraphobia
>depressions
>avoidant personality disorder
Spent 3 months in mental hospitals
The day hospital stays were nice, but the 24/7 hospital stay sucked
Got out of it last week and I will start going to a day hospital again on Monday
>>
>>29633526
That is an excellent opinion summer
>>
>>29633333
Nieso getto desu
>>
>>29633955
That's how my schizophrenia started manifesting itself, at first there's just strange little shadows, and then the Shadows become forms, and then the Shadows become people who always slip past the corner of your eye. Mine got to the point where a dark red-eyed person would sit at the edge of my bed every night hard to sleep yo.
>>
>>29634840
Wait, what? I though professionals disregard giving patients the Social Anxiety label if they end up giving them the Avoidant diagnose anyway. It's so pointless and self explanatory to give both. It really just makes the illness list longer. After all, you can't have AvPD without Social Anxiety.
>>
>>29635113
I am not good with languages, but I think got diagnosed means past
I was first diagnosed with social anxiety and agoraphobia and they then changed it to avoidant personality disorder
>>
Friendly reminder that you're all mentally ill likely because of your negative thought processes that drive your emotions.

The further you stray from happiness, the further you fall into "hell" and can be influenced by the frequency of fear. There's divine order in life despite what they say, and yet you're swimming against the tide so to speak.

Your body is made up of energy vibrating at the speed of light. Emotions are frequencies that radically change your perception of reality. All different forms of reality are real, yet beliefs can be manipulated to make you think something that isn't true.

You'll be absolutely fine as long as you wake up and start swimming with the tide, not against it. That's why you'll very rarely find a happy person who's mentally ill.

I'll be back in 30 to answer questions.
>>
>>29635200
Ah, alright. Then I understand.
>>
Diagnosed with depression, standard stuff.

Brain still has potential according to some shitty testing they offer you to do.

I have no access to it anyways.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.