[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>29590533 >>29590866 I dont think you faggots understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: Perfect.png (304 KB, 626x471) Image search: [Google]
Perfect.png
304 KB, 626x471
>>29590533
>>29590866
I dont think you faggots understand

After this, theres literally nothing. No afterlife, no heaven, no conscious mind that somehow floats around waiting to occupy another vessel, no chance of you ever being "alive" in another dimension or some other shit.
There is nothing. Literally nothing. You wouldnt even be able to comprehend the fact that there wouldnt be anything, because there is nothing of you thats even able to.

Complete nothingness, forever.

You've been given a shot at doing something, be it completely insignificant to the world (or anyone around you) or completely significant, within the short life span of the human race's existence.

You will literally live through only about 0.0000027% the age of this planet. Do
you faggot realize how much of a short time span that is? Why end it sooner than when it needs to be when complete nothingness is the only outcome of death?

Go do some other shit. Actually TRY this time, with everything you've got. You'll be dead because of old age eventually, and after that, there is literally nothing for you. Complete nothingness. Dont take what you have now for granted. Fix yourself, its not too late
>>
>>29596678
The more disturbing fact is about how incredibly rare and amazing existence is, and yet it's still been broken down to nothing in the eyes of most people. Broken, like the people. Like us. The only shred of foreseeable humanity is only acquirable if it is fought for against others.
>>
>>29596678
sauce on girl in your pic?
>>
>>29596769
thats alycetn, she's a chaturbater.
>>
>>29596678
>Life is pointless
>go do something
If life is meaningless then why should I give a fuck, why should I even try. I'll just live hedonisticly until I either kill myself or die of natural causes
>>
>>29596838
Post modernists have weird logic so they still justify functioning while pushing others to self destruction for their own sadistic please.
>>
File: image.png (621 KB, 684x610) Image search: [Google]
image.png
621 KB, 684x610
>>29596868
Holy shit I couldn't say it better myself

POMOs btfo
>>
Because it doesn't matter

if I do something I won't remember it anyway after my time is up.

and being lazy is bliss
>>
>>29596678
My problem is people like you telling me that I'm dysfunctional when I don't feel dysfunctional when left to my own devices

>Fix yourself
What does this even mean? I think it's just an excuse for you to impose your opinions of an ideal life on others.
>>
>>29596678
>After this, theres
... you have absolutely no fucking idea what is after this.

Neither do I, or any of us, really.
The universe is a vastly complex arrangement. We barely understand how any of it works, what parts interact and what actions and energies are related. We can't even agree on what consciousness is, much less where it exists, how it emerges, or whether or not it persists.

So what the fuck are you on about? Some random ignorance, spouting a bunch of unfounded assertions, followed by demands about how people should behave, followed by some more random unfounded assertions?

The only thing worse than an ignorant twat, is an arrogantly certain ignorant twat like you.
>>
>>29596868
>>29596917

Get a load of this edgy faggot.

This is literally the only thing you'll ever be able to do. There is nothing else. Why not just enjoy what life has to offer instead of wallowing in self pity from the results of the many shitty decisions youve made through out your lives. You can still improve your life, and you should, for this is literally the only thing you'll ever be able to do

>>29596743
>>
>>29596678
>After this, theres literally nothing.
>Complete nothingness, forever.

At first there was nothing, there was no you. Then you came into existence 13.7 billion years later. You came from nothing OP.
>>
>>29596678
>Complete nothingness, forever.
can't wait desu senpai
>>
>>29596678
Another episodes of, "humans believing they can figure out things that they cannot possible comprehend."
>>
>>29597191
Instead of looking at the human race as some sort of special set of organisms given some kind of magical powers that grant them the ability of consciousness, think of them as mammals.
Because thats what we are, just mammals. If there actually is something after this, we wouldve had proof of it already. But we dont. Because there really is fucking nothing after this.

>So what the fuck are you on about? Some random ignorance, spouting a bunch of unfounded assertions, followed by demands about how people should behave, followed by some more random unfounded assertions?

Think whatever the fuck you want about the wall of text. Just know that we, the human race, arent a big deal.

The rest of the universe is possibly a completely different story
>>
>>29597344
Lol @ u for thinking death is some sort of inexplicable phenomenon

Nice try faggot
>>
File: 1465831329064.jpg (90 KB, 951x840) Image search: [Google]
1465831329064.jpg
90 KB, 951x840
>>29597344
OH COME ON
I've watched this series a hundred of times already.
*switches TV station*
>>
File: 1466927868794.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
1466927868794.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>29597438
Death is not what is inexplicable, knowing what, if anything, happens afterwards is what is unknowable. The arrogance of human being to say that "all I can perceive with my limited brain and sense organs is that people visible signs of life reach cessation, therefor I am positive that is all there is to it". Simply incredible.
>>
>>29597387
Or... we are just one of many expressions of the universe joyfully perceiving itself. Which it clearly likes doing, just look how many of us there are!

What makes you think that it would ever stop, or that in a universe so vastly complex, the influence of even a single electron could somehow vanish, the echoes of its existence mysteriously erased?
>>
>>29597535
>what makes you think the brain stops after the brain is destroyed?!?
>jus keep le open mind :^)
>>
your world is fucked normie

Let chaos entwine on defenseless soil

>praise Kek
>>
>>29597523
>Throw a piece of trash away into an ordinary trash bin
>Piece of trash lands in said trash bin
>Piece of trash is now sitting at the bottom of the trash bin
>NO THERE MUST BE MORE TO IT

Trying to make something more than what it actually is is just ridiculous. Humans die the same way any other mammal or animal do. Quit fooling yourself
>>
>>29597887
No brain has ever been destroyed. No energy or matter has ever been destroyed.

Distributed, sure. Transformed, no doubt. Converted into some other form, you bet.

But even if your brain were cast into the very heart of the sun.. it could not be destroyed.
>>
>>29597887

Your brain didn't exist for basically an eternity and then there it popped up, into existence.

Who's to say it won't ever pop up again?
>>
>>29596678

>After this, theres literally nothing. No afterlife, no heaven, no conscious mind

That's what I'm counting on
>>
Life is suffering - this is a fact you'll all get to know sooner or later. The real question is what can be done or how should you live despite the suffering to make life worth living. Living hedonisticly or selfishly just won't cut it. These are theories of 18 year olds. One of the answers to this is to follow what is meaningful (not easy) in your life with complete surrender to God or some transcendent truth or highest value. I don't know if this answer is good enough but it sure beats "just enjoy life" in my experience. When you're older hedonistic pleasures just don't cut it anymore and there is still suffering, always. Especially escapistic hedonism is what fails really miserably.
>>
>>29597244
>Why not just enjoy what life has to offer
what does life have to offer

>You can still improve your life
define ''improving your life''
>>
>>29598195
cont.

I recommend you all watch Jordan Peterson lectures on youtube. You'll gain a different perspective in an hours time.
>>
File: YouSoFunny.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
YouSoFunny.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>29597993
This is what tickles me about the bleak and dreary "life is nothing special" crowd.

OK, so - you're actually NOT a special snowflake. There are probably damned near infinitely teeming hordes of other habitable planets with damned near infinitely teeming hordes of living creatures all over 'em.

Some of them are probably so much like YOU, as to actually be YOU, exactly YOU in every sense of YOUness that matters.

And some of those probably lived and died eons ago. And some those will probably be born, live, and die, eons from now.

Perhaps some of those will be born with all the memories you died with, three months from now, when you carelessly laugh while eating a mouthful of chicken cordon bleu and it sucks right down your windpipe. Hell, maybe one of the ones that was born eons ago already did.

Point being... As previously stated... you have literally no fucking clue, what you are so authoritatively on about.
>>
>>29597985
>a pile of ash it's the same as a book!
A broken tea cup will never spontaneously reform, stupid nigger, the fact that the atoms are still there it's irrelevant.
>>
>>29597993
Stupid. Nigger.

Even if another you were born it wouldn't be YOU it would be A you
>>
>>29598230
I read "Ender's Game" when I was 16, it was (and is) one of my all time favorite books.
My wife, years later, read it at my urging; she was in her 20's.
My son, again with my encouragement, read it when he was about 12, and he really loved it too.

All of us read and loved the same book, but when I read it it was a hardcover; when my wife read it, it was a well-worn paperback, and when my son read it, it was a PDF.

None of us had the same exact physical book, but we all read and loved the same exact story. How is that even possible, not the same atoms, herpaderp?
>>
>>29598275
So, we mere humans can accomplish the replication of a story we love, and find many ways to express it so that it can be enjoyed over and over again.

But, the vastly complex universe, capable of bringing forth stars and solar systems and galaxies and life and with it the amazing ability to both perceive and be a part of itself simultaneously... THAT awesome power, well - no way in hell it could pull of the same trick twice, no-sirree Bob!

...Because of what a special little snowflake you are, right?
>>
>>29598322
>implying this means that your consciousness continues once your brain dies

You merely passed information on from one consciousness to another by means of the book (author to readers). Mammals can pass information, die, become the earth somehow (decomposing or burning), but what's to say your consciousness continues when all signs point to it being linked to your brain?
>>
>>29598322
>this stupid fucking nigger
You're arguing my point for me, the fact that the atoms in your brain will continue to exist does not change the fact that the information is destroyed.
>>
>>29598322
If you had to identical humans with the same memories and personalities, are they consciously the same? different anon but interested
>>
>>29598436
two*

likely not original
>>
>>29596678
Well pretty much because that is precisely the reason why it doesn't matter either way
>>
>>29598398
>I'm a special little snowflake for not believing that autistic angels are obsessively copying down my brain to grant me immortality after I die
K E K
>>
>>29598433
>>29598398

Continues? You seem to be struggling under the delusion that continuity is somehow important. That probably helps you with your current linear mode of existence, but this doesn't make it some sort of universal truth.

You either get to be a very special snowflake, or we are not so particularly special, you just can't have it both ways.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LrqOxhZNk - from about 1:48 to about 2:06.

>>29598436
Depends on what we mean by identical. What is the actual essence of you-ness that makes you really you. Is it literally every single thing that has ever happened to you? If you had grabbed the orange lollipop instead of the red one when you were six that one time when the bank lady said you could each have one, would you really be a different person now in any meaningful way? It's kind of a fuzzy question, see?
>>
>>29596678
Who cares? I can't do anything about it.
>>
>>29598224
Im not the OP faggot

Youre literally arguing with him for the sake of arguing with that sort of logic. Get rid of that habit
>>
>>29598436
It's impossible
Because they'd need to be located exactly at the same place to be indentical, which is impossible, since matter doesn't stack.

As soon as these "clones" are located at different places, they don't have exactly the same experience and the same memories, which makes them slightly different
>>
>>29597980
How would you possibly know that it's not just all an illusion, for instance ?
>>
>>29596678
cringe post desu
babby's first existential motivational
you don't understand anything
you should leave
>>
File: YKaqaTH.jpg (65 KB, 813x960) Image search: [Google]
YKaqaTH.jpg
65 KB, 813x960
>>29596678
but I dont WANT to try
I WANT to SIT and COMPLAIN about my BRAIN and lay the BLAME upon the SAME few things AGAIN and AGAIN because the sadness is addictive, so i remain SAD, its not BAD, its RAD.
>>
File: Mycoplasma-genitalium.jpg (68 KB, 630x328) Image search: [Google]
Mycoplasma-genitalium.jpg
68 KB, 630x328
Consider the lowly mycoplasma genitalium. These little bastards live in the guts and coochies of primates. They are ridiculously small - like, between 200-300nm small. And, they are super simple, with under 500 unique protein coding genes.

At that size, an average-sized teacup would hold an order of magnitude more individual mycoplasma genitalium specimens than any human and primate COMBINED has ever walked this earth. That's a whole bunch.

And, with that level of complexity, no matter how unique and special each one was, SOME of them - actually pretty much ALL of them - would have to be exactly, perfectly copied - many many many times over. Everything right down to which nuticle was touching what nub, how bluish green their frobniz' were, and even how aggressively they floculated in the presence of high-pH urea - every nuance and detail would have to be perfectly duplicated COUNTLESS times in such a teacup.

And there are many, many, many teacups' worth of these on the planet today, on account of how very many primate guts and coochies exist. As such, every single unique snowflake of a mycoplasma genitalium has existed countless times, over and over again, even simultaneously. Now, isn't that interesting?
>>
>>29598693
>implying that sameness is as autistic and OCD as you.
>implying that grabbing the green lollipop instead of the red one when you were six would have any material impact on how YOU, you were.
>>
>>29598634
Arguing about the nature of existence, consciousness, etc. - is nothing more than the universe experiencing the joy of contemplating its own nature.

Why would you deny the universe one of the very pleasures it invented you to enjoy? :-)
>>
>>29596678
why the fuck will i care if i fucked up life?
i'll be dead.

when ur dead you don't give a shit
>>
File: AD84Z6V.jpg (50 KB, 1178x960) Image search: [Google]
AD84Z6V.jpg
50 KB, 1178x960
NOT AGAIN!!! NOOOOO PLZ NOOOOOO!
>>
>>29598799
No, you stupid nigger.

Any and all possible identical existences will be identical down to the minutiae, definitionally.

Even in an infinite multiverse all yous will have identical experiences and live in identical worlds in identical universes. Definitionally.

There chould be a billion trillion yous, but they'll all be stupid niggers, and they'll all get called stupid niggers on an Indonesian shadow puppet forum.

THIS is the one and only existence you will ever have, even if it repeats, it would be just that.

>b-but muh me that remembers muh life!!1
Infinite doesn't mean everything exists, 1.5 will never exist in the integers, despite then being infinite.
>>
Normie please leave.

You retards seem to think we dont realize our time is finite. We do. But our brains are wired for sadness and incompetence. There must be losers for there to be winners, we happen to be born with the loser gene.

You think i havent really tried. Most of us have. You can only fail so much before you finally accept your station in life. Changing yourself is so hard and requires such an iron will and persistence that only the few will have it. And i mean real change - changing how you've been made to think by your birth and experiences, not some easyshit like getting fit or getting friends or money. It's all external. We remain the same inside.
>>
>>29596678
>You will literally live through only about 0.0000027% the age of this planet.
But the universe will las even longer,mmaybe infinitely long in some scenarios.

What's 1/infinity equal mathaletes?
>>
>>29597244
>shitty decisions youve made through out your lives

We didn't make shitty decisions, shitty things just happened to us you retard.
>>
>>29599152
Are you being intentionally, disingenuously obtuse?
If just one of your brain cells dies, do you cease to exist as some new, slightly lesser creature magically appears to take your place? Or is it more or less you, a little less right now, a little more after the next cell division?

If it's still you, how do you define that you-ness? If someone zapped you with a time-stop ray, then un-zapped you ten days later, would you be dead and replaced with a new, other-but-not-really-you version of you just because it was not experiencing normal time for those ten days?

... Would you still be you if I deleted every memory of green lollipops by zapping those specific brain cells with a laser?

I get it. You are confused about what it means to be you. Don't worry, lots of folks experience this. It's apparently one of the universe's favorite mind fucks.
>>
I have embraced it.

It's heaven. Right now.

There is no time.

That that was before the big bang, was no time.

No time, nothing. But as we saw from nothing, no time, nothing created the meaning of nothing - us humans.

Time didn't exist, and it stil doesn't.

We are just a vibration, the vibration started with the big bang.

Imagine it as throwing a stone into an empty ocean, just in longer time spans.

We are the waves on the ocean of nothingness.

Some time one part of the wave just ends and disappears.

The wave has no past, no future, it's just there.

If i die i lose everything that isn't really me.

My thinking, my thinking of time, my memories, everything that made "Me".

After that, what am i? Nothing. I am just now, i have become part of the all mighty nothing.

It's just like with enlightenment, what buddha said.

Enlightenment is the end of all suffering, because you are not there anymore, just your essence of being.

There is so much more behind time and space, and i think everyone of you knows this deep inside you.

If time doesn't exists, no laws of nature, you can't possibly rant about that.

Look at the golden ratio, at the fibunacci sequence, how everything in this world is self organising, it seems like this information, this sequence, this ratio, is led by a frequence, a wave.

There is even a theory about this, the string theory.

It says that beyond atoms and the smalles particles, vibrating particles of unknown matter and antimatter create small vibrations in chaotic outbursts that after all create harmony in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

Thread theme
>>
>>29596678
Tell me how to fix myself, If I knew how to fix myself I would. This is like telling a homeless person to just 'get a job'
I want to be fixed but I don't know how to start.
>>
>>29596678
>once born problems
I would say you'd realize how wrong you are once you die but the fact that are wrong in this moment is probably going to be of little concern then.
>>
>>29599980
Don't worry. The universe will try again, and again, and again.

One of these versions of you is bound to finally turn out not to be such a massive faggot!
>>
>>29600058
:O who told you i like dicks?!?
you must be psychic~

>implying there aren't multiple cooler versions of me on different membranes this very moment.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.