[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are your parents disappointed in you? How do they treat you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 18
File: 1437329362742.jpg (42 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1437329362742.jpg
42 KB, 400x300
Are your parents disappointed in you? How do they treat you?
>>
they're dead
there's no one to disappoint when you're all alone
>>
>>29468432
Why haven't you prevented it?
>>
File: 1453057833483.jpg (207 KB, 469x740) Image search: [Google]
1453057833483.jpg
207 KB, 469x740
>>29468408
yea a little

they're fine with my career choices and what not, but they're always giving me shit about not being social

they also think I'm a narcissistic asshole for some reason
>>
File: 1389441236627.png (152 KB, 346x297) Image search: [Google]
1389441236627.png
152 KB, 346x297
>>29468475
prevented what?
>>
File: 1458607435017.jpg (293 KB, 553x555) Image search: [Google]
1458607435017.jpg
293 KB, 553x555
My parents never expected much from me really. I'm borderline mentally challenged and was in the special needs class just because i was always a half step behind the normal classes. Was never good with boys because they all thought I was retarded because of my classses. after graduated I got a part time job working as a house cleaner for these rich people my grandfather knows. First time I brought someone home to meet my parents was at age 22 and it was a girl. Mom didn't give too shits, she told me as long as I was happy she was happy for me. Dad outright said he was proud I brought someone home as he was worried me being kinda on the slow side might make it hard for me to date anyone.
>>
my dad told me he couldn't even begin to describe how proud he is of me in an email the other day

i don't think he has any idea
>>
File: 1464297334451.jpg (45 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1464297334451.jpg
45 KB, 720x540
I come from a family of disappointments. There is no hope.
>>
My father was disappointed with me long ago, I haven't spoken to him since my 10th birthday. My mother has given up, but doesn't voice her disapproval.

I'm more disappointed in myself and my stupidity than my family is disappointed in me for my decisions up to now. If they knew exactly why I hated myself so much, they'd be more disappointed in me for being stupid enough to begin with.
>>
>>29468549
Your parents seem nice.

My mother doesn't care really. But I've made her prouder by graduating from a degree her best friend's son had to drop out from (we started it together). She acted like she was sorry for her friend but I knew that deep down she had a woman boner from this situation.

My father... er... well. It's gotten better. We used to fight all the time because I liked to stay at home instead of going out. He's become more acceptive now.
>>
>>29468536
The accident, you retard.
>>
last thing dad said to me was that I make him regret coming to the United States
>>
>>29468706
Don't say that. You don't really hate yourself.
>>
Nah my brother's a real fuckup which takes the heat off me a little, at least i'm sober, live on my own and can hold down a job. Thanks lil bro.
>>
>>29468408
Yes, I feel bad for letting them down somewhat. But I'm a legitimate nihilist so it's hard to really understand why they care about what I do. I don't do much of anything because I don't really give a shit about anything.
If they plead with me I might get a job just so I don't see them feeling like failures or something.
Our family seems to like to judge them for how they raised me unfortunately.
I feel bad about that.
>>
>>29468408
Yes. My mother mostly ignores it and pretends like I'm a different person. Suggesting career moves I obviously can't make (minimum wageslave), suggests cars to buy, asks about the women I meet, hides my booze, tries to make me leave the house, take baths, groom.
Father wasn't in my life much until high school. He just talks about getting health insurance and tries to get me to do dumb shit.
>>
>>29468499
>with my career choices
normie gtfo noa
>>
My mother doesn't even expect anything of me and I go to college with 15 credit hours a semester and a part-time job, but she dislikes talking about actual issues with me because I have different religious beliefs than she does (lit. She's a self-bluepilling creationist and I'm someone who doesn't even believe that Jesus existed), I cite sources and she doesn't and apparently by citing sources that explain themselves very clearly and aren't misinterpreted by 800-3000 years of translation, I'm a cynical dick and being right is wrong and being wrong is right (I actually got her to say that once).

She treats me well, but the problem is that if I try to actually talk to her she gives me this horrible condescension that's basically "if you weren't my family I wouldn't even associate with you, you darwinist scumbag." She's also the type who will go to visit someone that RAPED HER AS A CHILD MULTIPLE TIMES because they're faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamily.

My grandfather doesn't even bother yelling at me because he earns no income for the house (never did, even when he could work), so I'm just a robot who sits on the computer, goes to class/work, and buys parts for his computer because that's what makes me happy.
>>
No my dad is dead and my mom is slowly dieing.
>>
File: 1465999559965.png (88 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
1465999559965.png
88 KB, 220x250
my mom's disappointed in me cause she knows i'm a tranny
my dad's disappointed in me cause i'm a neet
they both avoid me and look away when i talk to them
>>
File: 1462340416991.png (114 KB, 396x373) Image search: [Google]
1462340416991.png
114 KB, 396x373
Yes, my Indian Muslim parents are disappointed in me.

On may 28th I graduated high school number 12 in my class with a 75% scholarship to a nearby good yet rigorous private university, second most exclusive in my glorious state of Texas (TCU for you faggots that will try and look it up.) It was all good, my parents were pretty proud of me.

However, I also got a girlfriend (half Japanese half white shinto) that I kept a secret from them because dating is haram. My parents ended up finding out after we went to the Renaissance Faire one day and quickly became very diappointed. They had a long talk with me about how if i date her I will not be able to achieve my dream of being a doctor and compared the wages of a warehouse worker at $11 dollars an hour and a doctor earning $100,000 a year. Despite the fact that she is #21 in her class and aspires to be a doctor like me, and is twice as hard working and honest as me (my gf got pretty upset when I admitted to her that I cheated in school sometimes.)

And getting a gf was the first time I did something socially successful, before this I would go to school, come home, sit down in my desk, open up my laptop and study and play vidya and browse 4chan all day. After I met her I started to have friends too but now that is all gone. And with summer in full swing my schedule is now wake up, play vidya and browse 4chan all day. Going out with her and friends was so much more fun than csgo every day, yet my parents took that away from me so I can focus on "studies". I play vidya all day, they do nothing. Get a gf and friends, they get upset because they will hinder my studies.

I only go outside for work now, so at least I'm not stuck in my desk the entire day. But on days with no work, it's not common for me to sit in my chair the entire day. I don't even have my own room, my 2 brothers and I all share two rooms collectively, one with our beds and second for "studying", where we all sit on our computers the entire day.
>>
>>29469184
How does she know you're a tranny?
>>
>>29469283
she noticed i was getting more fem
then found my pills
my dad is oblivious somehow
>>
>>29469097
>I cite sources
I've got bad news for you...
>>
>>29468408
They're civil to me, but the damage is done.
I know deep down they're ashamed.
>>
>>29469313
Describe the scene. How cringy was that?
>>
Are you guys neets? why would they be disappointed in you?
>>
File: 1466324984166.jpg (175 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1466324984166.jpg
175 KB, 700x700
>>29469369
pretty cringy
i was awkward and couldn't think of what to say the whole time she confronted me
she was just like "well now i have two failure children"
cause my brother's ftm
>>
>>29469399
Where do you think you are? Why WOULDN'T they be disappointed in us. The only thing that they can take pride in is that we probably don't sell drugs.
>>
File: Furry_2a6dc4_5456948.jpg (70 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
Furry_2a6dc4_5456948.jpg
70 KB, 780x585
who /hopelessfurfag/ here? been getting off to fuzzy tits since i was 11
>>
Yeah pretty sure my parent's are disappointed in the way i turned out but I don't care. In my life i was the only one who believed in myself and if anything it makes me become more dead set on my goals which they believe have no chance of happening. It's kinda sad they have no interest in getting to know me. They don't respect me, dad wishes i was aborted, mom wishes i was someone else. I can't wait to make my dreams come true and rub it in their faces.
>>
>>29469465
First time on r9k, is r9k exclusively for neets?
>>
>>29469500
who else would have the time to write out unique replies?
>>
>>29469521
good point i suppose
>>
File: 1458604434465.png (175 KB, 539x612) Image search: [Google]
1458604434465.png
175 KB, 539x612
>>29468984
I am the little bro
>>
Mine are very proud, thank you very much.
>>
>>29469497
Don't be such a brat. Your parents had sex to bring you into this world, at least you can be grateful for it.
>>
>>29469422
And you copied her behavior?
>>
File: feels176.jpg (35 KB, 452x360) Image search: [Google]
feels176.jpg
35 KB, 452x360
>>29469500
most are to retarded to get a job here
>>
>>29469594
Yeah don't worry I plan on getting flithy rich and giving them enough money to never work again then go shoot up heroin all day
>>
>>29469591
As in, gay parade?
>>
>>29469698
>I plan on getting filthy rich
t. every person that has ever lived. Protip, you won't be rich.
>>
My mum screams at me constantly, tells me she's ashamed, im pathetic, disgusting, a failure etc.
>>
>>29469738
>t.
hello fellow /int/fag
>>
>>29469738
Don't believe me just watch nigga nigga nigga
>>
File: 1458225056235.jpg (831 KB, 1100x777) Image search: [Google]
1458225056235.jpg
831 KB, 1100x777
>>29469500
r9k is generally for people who struggle to have success, whether that be physically (obesity), mentally (mental disorder), academically (failing school) or socially (social outcast, no gf).

There are a large number of neets on ehre, but they do not make up 100% of the board here. For example, I am the OP in >>29469663 and I succeed in all the things above except social due to my shit parents.

I see r9k as a place where I can rant about my struggles to others because I have nobody to do so to in real life, plus its entirely anonymous and everything gets deleted after a certain point so I don't have to worry about others going through all my previous posts, all while reconciling others in their own struggles.
>>
>>29469837
thanks, i appreciate the insight since I'm new
>>
Hard to disappoint a former heroin/cocaine addict and alcoholic and a financially irresponsible 40 year old woman who lives in a studio apartment who both tried to kill themselves at least once in their lives.
>>
>>29470628
At least she gave up the drugs
>>
>>29470738
My father was on the drugs. He still might be doing cocaine, though.
>>
>>29470920
You live with her? What did she do irresponsibly?
>>
File: download2.jpg (12 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
download2.jpg
12 KB, 201x251
>>29468864
>implying it was an accident
>>
Got no idea how my father really feels, just loves me. No idea if he's proud or anything.

Mother loves me completely and probably would kill herself if I was to go. Betting that she loves me more than my younger sister.

I suspect it's because I just found out that she had a miscarriage before me.
>>
If anything, I'm disappointed in my parents.

My father should have never married a mentally ill and manipulative woman. My mother should have never had children.
>>
>>29471031
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
>>
File: peepee.png (11 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
peepee.png
11 KB, 194x259
>tfw you know your siblings will always be worse than you

I can slack off all I want and my parents will never truly be disappointed.
>>
Mom kicked me out when I was 18 right after I graduated high school because legally she could.

I'm 19 now.
>>
>>29468408
>My father should have never married a mentally ill and manipulative woman. My mother should have never had children
Shit.
This totally could be one of my kids.
Sorry boys, I didn't know at the time. I was only 20 and hadn't had many girlfriends; she played me very well.
I'm also sorry I didn't divorce her earlier. I spent years trying to keep the family together because I thought that was what I was supposed to do.
Sorry
>>
File: 1454964763985.jpg (56 KB, 1012x712) Image search: [Google]
1454964763985.jpg
56 KB, 1012x712
>>29471209
where did you go?

ssdwad
>>
>>29469229
don't fuck up your life to satisfy your dumb parents.
>>
>>29471287
I've been homeless for the past year. First, there was a shooting at the homeless shelter I was at (but barely got any attention because MUH BLACKS DO NOTHING WRONG), so I spent a long time living outside. Cops here don't search cemetaries , so those are a good place to sleep.

Meantime I applied for jobs, but it seems you can't secure a source of income without securing an address, and you can't get an address without securing income. Fuck America.

One time I walked 25 miles from Belle Fourche to Newell but I started out late and had to walk in darkness the whole time. Then midway a thunderstorm rolled through but I knew if I stopped I would increase my chances of being struck by lightning (1/2)...
>>
>>29471653
Then the storm rolled by finally and I had some close calls. Scared me thoroughly. I slipped on some road kill later on. It felt similar to when you step on afterbirth, mainly sheep afterbirth.

A few weeks? Months? after that I attempted suicide by downing a whole bottle of ibuprofen, but someone caught me before my kidneys shut down and I was given activated charcoal and put into a mental ward. I refused all the medicine and was eventually released.

Then I attempted suicide again but with three containers of liquid children's allergy medicine (the thought of taking even a single pill makes me naseous now). I fell asleep and woke up in a ditch convinced that I was in Hell. I fell asleep and woke up over and over until I finally reached "baseline." But I swear I see dead people, especially in dark/gloomy areas.

At least I have a phone but my service ended ages ago so now I use the local library's WiFi. I could kill myself but now I'm somewhat curious to see just how bad life can get. And being homeless feels strangely... free? Constantly thinking about when I'm going to eat next, however, is a major drawback.
>>
File: feels (11).jpg (40 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
feels (11).jpg
40 KB, 535x577
>>29471837
sounds pretty shit, I am afraid that I get kicked out because I won't survive a night outside
>>
>>29471991
Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to adjust to society ever again.
>hey anon, did you hear about celebrity who died?
>oh sorry I must have missed that one since I don't get coverage innawoods
>hey anon penny for your thoughts?
>I wonder when my next meal is/every time I wake up I have to overcome literal despair/why won't anyone pick up a hitchhiker in 2016/my foot is cramping up again AAAAAAAAA
>>
i dont have a relationship with my father druggy abuser
my mother is alternately disappointed that i am not her completely subservient slave and that i have not given er grand children yet.
>>
File: 1458941377285.jpg (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1458941377285.jpg
7 KB, 250x242
>>29472132
cant imagine living on the street, suicide sounds the only way for me if they gonna kick me out
>>
Absolutely, but they'd probably deny it.

They expected me to be a G-rated, straight-edge, optimistic, gentlemanly, Christian family man and I turned out the exact opposite.
>>
>>29468408
Disappointed, but they have ridiculous fucking standards. Impossible to live up to them.
>>
Who /mommy'sspeicalboy/ here
>>
Probably, though they hide it well. I've always been the dumber of the two siblings, now I'm the one who's depressed and been out of school without a job for quite some time. Meanwhile all their friends' kids are working for big well paying companies and there's not much they can say about me.
>>
Nah. My dad says that I'm "right on time" a lot and is proud as hell of me and of how my brain works, and my mom's in prison, so I don't know if she's even aware of what I'm up to.

In any case, I had a phenomenally shitty upbringing and a million obstacles in my way, and as a teenager, I had already grown in certain ways and learned things that usually take people until their forties. Dad's flat-out said that I am what I am in spite of how I was raised, and not because of it, and that it thrills him to see me do what I do and he hopes my kids can do even better.

All in all, I'm a fucking star in my family despite all the crap I've been through and despite being a neurological freak.

There was a while a few years back where it was clear that everybody was worried about me and that they thought I was kind of a clusterfuck, but the hands-off approach combined with a little bit of support when I needed it yielded a grade-A badass.

You can all do it, guys. Fuck what anybody thinks.
>>
the complete opposite

they disappointed me
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.