[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the haircutter asks you what you want nigga I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: haircutress.jpg (99 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
haircutress.jpg
99 KB, 736x736
>tfw the haircutter asks you what you want

nigga I don't know, I didn't go to hair school. I say I just want it short on the sides and lil longer on the top, and they always stare at me like I'm a retard and start shouting numbers like I know what they mean. 1/8. 1 , or a 2 , nigga i don't fucking know isn't this your job nigga.
>>
>>29462362
just take a picture with you you fucking retard
>>
>>29462362
my mum used to cut my hair for almost 10 years now
and that one time I went to hairdresser lately, same shit happened
why did I ever run from my mothers gentle hand?
>>
>>29462482
>take a picture of a male model with the hair you want
>tell the haircutter to make you look like this
>get laughed at

yea no. I rather not humiliate myself
>>
maybe don't go to a $10 hairdresser next time
>>
>>29462538
Why would you spend more than 10 dollars on a haircut though? I understand women getting expensive haircuts because you can do more with their hair and it's longer. But a mens haircut? Just go to supercuts.
>>
I say "off the ears and not hanging down in the back but long enough to comb over in the front." That always works.
>>
File: picard.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
Those people are minimum wage drones. They have no fucking clue about aesthetics. They just know how to change the length of hair. That's all. Don't expect them to make you look good without guidance.
>>
>>29462568
You get what you pay for. You either go to a $10 barber and go the extra mile of doing your own research or you have to pay more.
>>
File: 14201429994886.jpg (19 KB, 350x420) Image search: [Google]
14201429994886.jpg
19 KB, 350x420
>>29462524
>take a picture of a male model with the hair you want
>tell the haircutter to make you look like this
>get laughed at
this literally happened to me once and i stopped using that method
>>
>>29462362
I usually say something along the lines of "You're free to do whatever you want, just make it look good". Things are usually okay. I'd rather not give directions, I can't tell what looks and what doesn't.
>>
>>29462688
they usually hate when you say this and sometimes give you shitty cuts

best thing to say is jsut

'make it short and professional'
>>
I usually say number 1 on the sides and just cut a little bit off the top. Never had any problems.
>>
>>29462568
Because maybe you want a quality haircut. I give my barber 20 bucks every time, and all I ever do is tell him to do something that looks nice. And you know what? He always makes my hair look better than ever.
>>
>>29462703
>they usually hate when you say this
Really? That's surprising, I tought they'd enjoy being able to do whatever they want.
I don't get a haircut very often but I usually go to a gay dude who loves his job, he's pretty good at what he does. He doesn't seem annoyed when I tell him he's free to do whatever he wants.
>>
>>29462739
That's too short on the sides
>>
>>29462524

>get laughed at
>just walk out and take your business elsewhere

Their loss.
>>
>tell them just a trim
>instead they just fuck my shit up
Everytime.
>>
>>29462645
What the fuck? m8 I get my hair cut by women and even they don't laugh when I do that
I'm an ugly permavirgin too but at least my hair looks nice...
>>
OP I know this feel

When I tell my friends I dont know what I want they look at me like im retarded, Like I'm just supposed to know what looks good and bad, like everyone in the world just automatically knows how their hair should look, and knows exactly what they want

I just want my fucking hair cut, stop asking me questions and do whatever the fuck you think looks normal.
>>
>tfw wanna go to cosmetology school but it's basically a funnel straight into great clips/sports cuts

everyone who works at great clips is there straight out of school. it's an awful job with high turnover. they worked this one girl i knew 28 days in a row. she quit and went back to retail.

if you go to great clips or other misc hair cutting chain, get the oldest person in there. they're almost always people who used to own their own salon and got tired of the business aspect. i have really long hair and got the best trim ever from this old dude who closed his salon. had me stand up so he could cut my hair as close to my body as possible all around so i got an even cut. first time in my life someone did it like that.
>>
>>29462524
>>29462645
balding detected
>>
I got drunk and cut my own hair yesterday. It's great! All that heavy mess is gone! My head is no longer overheating! It no longer gets in the way of headphones! I feel great!

And best of all, it was totally free! And no conversation at all! I've saved time and money! All the better to put into Overwatch or a fine meal!

I've broken the conditioning lads! I've torn free of societies crippling bonds!
>>
>>29462362
3 on the sides, scissor cut on top. Every once in a while I just buzz it, because it makes me look older and it gets me used to going bald in about 10-15 years.
>>
>>29463203
p much this.

>muh original comment
>>
So I just came back. Told her short on the sides and a lil long on the top. Everything seemed fine than she said "how short" and I had no idea so I said whatever looks good. My hair came out like shit , the sides weren't short enough and the top was way to short and she fucked up with a bald spot behind my ears. I'm very disappointed and almost in tears right now
>>
>>29464839
I'm sorry this happened to you Anon, do you have a nice hat to wear for the next couple of weeks until your hair starts to look better?
>>
>>29462766
they are worried you're gonna sperg out and get mad because thats what normies do when they don't like their haircuts.
>>
>>29464839
>dont know what you want
>after you get your hair cut you know exactly what you want

Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
I gave myself a buzzcut. It looks stupid as shit but atleast I dont have to worry about my hair anymore.
>>
>>29462568
The only time my hair has ever looked good was when I spent 40 bucks on a haircut.
>>
>>29462362
I just say I want a "normal haircut"

And I say no to a line up because I don't want to look like some wannabe thug

I don't remember my numbers. I think 4 on top and 3 on sides
>>
I know the owner of a "black" barbershop, so I go there for my haircuts. The regular clientele there are mostly black guys, but these athletic white Chads show up pretty often. I do a little bit of research on clipper numbers before I go, and then I also try to eavesdrop on what people usually get.

On a side note, there's a THICC white girl who works there that has been BLACKED. I can't help but smirk every time I see her.
>>
>>29462362
Don't tell them what lengths to cut if you don't like answering which guard number on clippers they should use.
>>
>>29462362
how do you get a hairdresser to cut it longer on top?
>>
>>29464839
>she
Son, go see a barber - a man. Stop spending money on women who won't and can't give you what you're looking for - an acceptable man's haircut.
>>
>>29465525
Don't ever call me son again
>>
>>29465490
How the fuck do you go to school to learn this shit and expect your customers to know it? Where does that mentality come from?
>>
>>29465550
Don't tear up after your haircuts then. I hope you'll at least regard the barber advice.
>>
>>29465458

>tfw black autist
>at the barbershop feeling out of place as always
>athletic white chads come in to get their fades
>they get treated with more respect and closer to "black" than me
>they treat me like the white kid and them like their own

Just end it all, just kill me. I know I'm not "cool", but seriously a white boy?
>>
>>29465575
I don't know but that's how shit works. I'd rather succ it up than rant about it to them or here. Seriously, what will sperging out change?

If you don't want to try the "bring a picture" meme then invest in $20 electric clippers and you won't ever have to deal with barbers again.
>>
File: 1452298592209s.jpg (7 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
1452298592209s.jpg
7 KB, 250x194
please take the time to expand our knowledge about robotdom

>>29465110

or get directly to the polls

http://www.strawpoll.me/10556515

thats the most recent poll

here are the classics

http://www.strawpoll.me/10548967
http://www.strawpoll.me/10546379
>>
>tfw use vidya game character's hair as an example
>>
>>29462640
>>29462745
>>29465525
>>29465596

Go to the fucking barber anon.
I went to those cheap cut places for years
finally went to a quality barber
turns out it costs just as much but the guy knows how to cut a guys hair
also we have great conversations and he helps me out.
last week I told him i needed a special tool for my bike and he calls some friend who runs a shop who then let me borrow the tool
Now i know why all the men I looked up to growing up went to a barber

bonus points for red pilled conservative barbers
>>
I don't know bro, I go to the hairdresser and say "Yeah I'd like it about half as long as it's now",
And then they say weird stuff like how I want it in the back, I don't know I just say make it normal and that confuses them.
They never really measure it btw so no matter how long my hair is, after they cut it it's always the same result.
>>
>>29462778
This
Who the fuck laughs at their customers?
>>
>>29465714
I make my barber slick my hair back and dye it blue like Sonic
>>
>>29465635
I know this might make you feel even worse, but I'm a Chink, and the black people treat me like one of their own. It helps that I can talk about sports and shit with them. I don't know how to put it in other words, but not acting like an autist goes a long way.
>>
File: 1462238108476.jpg (59 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1462238108476.jpg
59 KB, 633x758
>Go get my haircut
>Excited because this HIGH TEST blonde girl always cuts my hair
>Get to barber shop, there are two girls there
>One is my HIGH TEST princess, the other is some middle aged lady
>Some fat chick and her autistic fat husband are there
>The fat chick is ordering my HIGH TEST princess how to cut this guy's hair, like he can't talk for himself (this was a full grown man, and apparently nothing was wrong with him)
>I just sit there waiting, the older lady who cuts hair is busy with the fat chick
>I am praying my HIGH TEST princess finishes before the old lady so I can get my haircut by her
>The entire time the fat chick is barking out orders from across the room
>No one else was there and I was left unnoticed, which was good because my HIGH TEST princess kept walking around and I got to look at her ass the entire time
>She finally notices me, calls me "boo"
>At that moment the fat chick is finished, curse God's name and get my haircut by the older lady
>Just close my eyes and try and relax
>Fat chick is howling in the background about a bunch of stupid shit
>Literally 10 seconds after I sit down with the older lady the fat dude is done
>They both argue for another 2 minutes then leave
>Look in the mirror so I can see the reflection and look at the girl's ass
>The older lady notices my eyes open and tries to have a conversation about her shitty normie TV shows
>Leave pissed off
Now I have to wait another 5 or 6 months.
>>
>>29462739
That's a pretty good style home
>>
>>29465886
Idiot.

>leave the place
>get some coffee or whatever the fuck in the meantime
>come back to your HIGH TEST goddess after those dumbasses have left
>>
>>29465886
>Blah blah I call fat chicks High Test and I'm autistic
>>
>>29465954
Then I wouldn't have been able to look a her ass. I saw the golden opportunity and took it. It wasn't a complete waste, I did get to look at her ass for upwards of 10 minutes. I still would have rather gotten my haircut by her, sometimes her delicious thighs and butt rub against my arms on the armrest. I'm also close enough so that I can breath in her exhales.
>>
>>29462772
Not if you're military
>>
File: haircut.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
haircut.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
Alright well this is the haircut I wanted , but she fucked it up instead. Longish on top and short on the sides. How is pic related not what I said?

What is the haircut called in my pic? What am I suppose to say?
>>
>>29466069
Looks like some variation of the undercut. It's called undercut.
>>
I cut my own hair.

Number 3 guard, half on sides, back. Number 4 guard to blend, if needs be, use a razor to take some weight off the blend.

I then use scissors on the upper sides, back and top of head.

Had enough time to practice. Haven't paid for a haircut in nearly ten years.
>>
>>29466174
Post pic fambralam
>>
>>29462362

I always tell them to just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
File: tumblr_mzsm7wea3l1rli3xbo1_1280.jpg (203 KB, 900x551) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzsm7wea3l1rli3xbo1_1280.jpg
203 KB, 900x551
>>29462362
>Not knowing your standard hair cut and not having a picture on hand for something new

Are you faggots serious?
>>
>>29466370
>*snicker*
>um , sir . Are you sure you'd be able to pull off this haircut?
>>
>>29462362
>not going to the same barber for 20+ years
>not having a barber who knows what you want
it's like you want to be miserable
>>
>>29466401
Yea no barber would ever do that, they want your money regardless. They would only do something like that if you're near bald and asked for dreads or some other impossible request
>>
>>29462362
>walk into hairdresser
>"what you want"
>"fuck just my shit senpai, up"
>do a 360 and walk out
>>
>>29462362
Just say gimme that fuck boi cut senpai
>>
>not letting your hair grow out and be the wild caveman you truly are

haven't been to a barber in 2 years, feel better than ever
>>
some pregnant bitch laughed at me when i told her i wanted a certain style. not a joke laugh a serious youre ugly laugh. told her to get fucked but she had that covered and walked out. one of my shining moments
>>
>>29466069
>>29466106
Can anyone confirm it's called an undercut . Doesn't really look right on google
>>
>>29462362
I've been going to the same hairdresser for so long I can't even remember what I get. I just say "the usual" and get it done with.
>>
>>29466741
Go to /fa/ hair thread and ask there. Those people know their shit better than this autistic clusterfuck.
>>
i dunno
just fuck my shit up f.a.m.
>>
>>29466741
It's called the Hitler Youth.
>>
I found an Afghan guy with a haircutting fetish on youtube. He's subscribed to channels of dudes shaving. Pretty weird

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWV51EfyR5XsW0tXQb00n1g
>>
>>29466433
I wouldn't go to someone to mess with my appearance if they didn't care about how I look.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.