[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retail/Fast Food General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: retail feel.jpg (118 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
retail feel.jpg
118 KB, 849x565
Retailcuck thread. Fast-foodcucks also welcome.

>tfw everybody thinks they're a comedian
>tfw EVERY fucking customer thinks they have to tell a joke
>tfw forcing out another fake laugh as part of your soul withers away
>>
>Lol I only came in here for 3 things :^)
>>
File: 1463443480841.jpg (194 KB, 890x1308) Image search: [Google]
1463443480841.jpg
194 KB, 890x1308
I just got promoted from cart boy to cashier and its alright

I always thought the customer jokes were exaggerated but damn I've been here for 3 days and I've heard these like 5 times each

>torn up or wet label won't scan
>if it doesn't scan on the 3rd time it's free right haha :)))))

>HI, did you find everything you needed today
>AND MORE!!!!!!!! :))))
>>
>Chip or no chip?
>Oh thank god, I just hate these new chip cards!
>I never know whether to slide or insert anymore!
>Every place is different! Ha ha!

literally every other customer
>>
>>29449238
>tfw i dont want to talk to you at all, but it would be awkward standing for 5 mins while you scan shit and bag it poorly
>>
>>29449336
LOL this exact shit is said by every other customer

If your card has a fucking chip use the damn chip
>>
>>29449344
It's more awkward when you start talking pham.
>>
>>29449353
The store I work in doesn't have the reader yet though! I'm so tired of the confused middle aged customer who wants to make small talk over chip vs no chip stores
>>
I once got fired because a customer attempted to talk to me and I had a shit day so I cut him off by saying "please don't".
Still don't regret it, it was a shit job.
>>
>>29449238
unemployed here
used to be in the military service (obligatory for a year in my country)
now im here browsing this shithole all day
can i stay? just to read
>>
>sir your card isn't working. It's telling me to refer you to your card issuer
>GOD DAMN IT I JUSR USED THIS CARD 10 MINUTES AGO DON'T TELL ME MY FUCKING CARD WON'T WORK
>>
>>29449238
I hate the fake fucking "have a nice day" shit you guys give me when I leave.
Like, just fucking don't talk to me.
>>
>>29449384
>I'm so tired of the confused middle aged customer who wants to make small talk over chip vs no chip stores

Good god why do these boomers find that fucking chip so god damn fascinating?

Also

>tfw when you're checking them out and they go on a big long spiel about their cancer or memory problems or stroked out spouse that can no longer speak
>tfw never know how to respond

Seems like every other customer I get has cancer, it's making me paranoid.
>>
>>29449358
No, its not really. i'm pretty good a shooting shit, talking about news or events that are going on in the area.

me standing staring at you with rage burning in me as you put the nutterbars ontop of my bread is pretty awkward.
>>
File: 1349383831371.jpg (76 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1349383831371.jpg
76 KB, 400x505
>Cashiers and baggers constantly complaining about how hard/much their work is
Fuck all of you.

-Sincerely,
A former deli clerk.
>>
>>29449238
Why won't the cashier look me in the eye?
Do I offend?
>>
>>29449384
That chip sucks cock i cant usit as a cried card anymore, it acts as a debit when you use the chip
>>
>no one will even hire me for the hell of retail
I have multiple tertiary level qualifications and absolutely no one will give me a job

What's the best way to end it all
>>
>>29449481
if they dont look you in the eye you are a alpha to them, you you are so fucking ugly and gross they cant look you in the eye.
>>
>>29449451
Just be quiet without staring m8.
>>
>>29449314
>if it doesn't scan on the 3rd time it's free right haha
fuck these people

>>29449445
Lmao I never know what to say when a customer will reveal too much information about their lives.

The best is when my manager proves me to be right and I just sit there and smile when she tells the customer that they're wrong
>store I work out gives out discounts for campus faculty
>"Why did you only take off 10% faculty discount has ALWAYS been 20%" (IT NEVER FUCKING HAS BEEN 20%)
>"No I'm sorry we've always given out 10% discounts"
>"I want to speak to a manager"
>Meanwhile there is a long ass line
>Call manager, tell her the deal
>Manager comes up "yeah its only 10%"
>the look on customers face when he realizes he was being a jackass for no reason holding up a long ass line with only one person on register

I'm such a shitty employee tho and will give some customers a discount or coupon just for them being friendly and patient.
>>
Construction now but used to be fast food manager

>Can I get free fries
>Customers looking for fights
>Dune coons throwing trash all over the dining room
>Sassy black women saying they didn't want a topping after they are half
>Old people holding up the line
>People who walk up and half order then "gimme a couple mins"
>Tfw adding stuff at the cash window
>tfw i got exact change in 10 minutes
>Those two friends who playfully argue over who's paying
>Tfw 7 separate bags
>Tfw 7 separate orders( worse in DT )
>DUDE WEED LMAO's asking if I get high there
>Strictly spanish speaking customers
>>
>>29449481
For me it's because 99% of my customers are old boomers, so the moment I look them in the eye is the moment they launch into their life story and get all offended when I take one second to look away so I can actually do my job.
>>
Is there a law against keeping damaged products or any products removed from the store's inventory to be thrown away?

For example, if there is a recall on a certain product, and your store is ordered to throw it away. Is it illegal to keep it for yourself instead?

Of course it's against store policy and would result in termination, but could you be prosecuted?
>>
>>29449517
To be fair all the people that check me out are old and want to talk. i live in bristol tn and all the young people work nights/stock or are spoiled rich fags
>>
>>29449238
>tfw worked the same fast food place for nearly 10 years
>place gets new owners
>get shit-canned after missing one shift
>become depressed and too paranoid to look for a new job
>NEET for two years now
>less than 200$ in life saving, and it's going down each month
>actually better off now than back then.

Working at McDonalds and scrubbing their toilets would be a step up from the place I worked at.

I think the worst part of it all was how we would have to have the radio station set to a specific top-10 station. Every god damn day, EVERY HOUR, the exact same songs.

I especially hated too how I was always cucked out of everything. get called in early and have to leave later without a lunch break while the guy who works like three hours takes 15 minutes to look at me work while he eats his lunch before leaving, working with a bunch of 16 year olds who all just stood around staring into the void of their iphones and telling me to 'hang on a minute' when asking them to please do their job, the crazy crazy insane people who would show up, etc.

Honestly now my dream job would be a janitor, just to clean floors and toilets and counters. No single mom with screaming kids who's threatening to call the manager because she wants to combine two expired coupons.
>>
>>29449238
>used to be a counter person for a meat department
>cool younger customers bring me weed and liquor all the time
>old ladies buy me cups of coffee
>guys bring me jerky from the meat I cut

I miss the retail setting, a lot more laid back and the customers were mostly nice
>>
>>29449384
Chip has been convention for like 5 years now, everyone just uses Tap to pay now, where do you live, rural Wyoming???
>>
>>29449425
I don't want to say, "have a nice day!" My faggot boss wants me to say that shit so you think we like you and you come back.
>>
>>29449475
I dont think anyone here is complaining about how HARD the work is, just how annoying customers and mundane work shit can me
>>
>>29449336
I feel bad when I ask, I wish there was a little sign up for whether it works or not
>>
>>29449578
If it's a lot of over several different occasions, yes. Not straight from the law, but the company would have to formally press charges w/ evidence etc.

Do yourself a favor & just don't bother. It's a slippery slope, where you'll find yourself trying to get more & more "free" stuff, most of which you wouldn't have bothered with in the first place.
>>
File: 1465777881272.jpg (8 KB, 141x106) Image search: [Google]
1465777881272.jpg
8 KB, 141x106
>tfw smelly customers
>tfw smelly customers that get really fucking close to you
>>
>>29449645
Don't feel bad for asking just dont make small talk about chip cards. I wish we had a sign at work desu

>>29449609
I live in the northeast lol. I've only started seeing stores use chip readers in the past year or so
>>
At the check out I usually don't talk because autist but I try to help sort my bags out do the guy doesn't have to work too hard, if he looks in a good mood I might say hey or something, otherwise I thank them sincerely and leave.
>>
Worked subway for a while, its a fucking terribad job
>>
>>29449605
>>tfw worked the same fast food place for nearly 10 years
>>get shit-canned after missing one shift

What the fuck man
>>
>>29449621
I meant it to be general. Like to anyone who complains about how "hard" being a cashier is. Especially women when told to block the isles.

I closed every night with two other people and they would almost always pull someone from our department just because someone called out and another cashier didn't want to do one extra isle. Which caused me to have to stop cleaning the kitchen to go help customers because now we would only have one person out there. Then one of the managers would get annoyed at me because i was behind. then they woudld woner why I would get mad as fuck.

So fuck cashiers who complain.
>>
File: MattHardy-300x171.jpg (9 KB, 300x171) Image search: [Google]
MattHardy-300x171.jpg
9 KB, 300x171
>>29449238

>be me
>customer wants to pay with a 100
>it would Wipeout my whole register
>ask customer if she has a smaller bill or different payment method
>she says no angrily
>asks for store phone number
>she turns around and leaves all mad
>mfw
> BROTHER NERO
>>
>>29449445
>Good god why do these boomers find that fucking chip so god damn fascinating?

Because they grew up in a time where black & white terrestrial televisions were a futuristic luxury and fax machines were a yet-to-be-invented even more futuristic piece of science fiction technology.

So yeah the fact that tiny thin piece of plastic with even smaller bits of metal on it holds their entire life's savings is pretty fascinating to them.

I know you're probably a young 20 year-old millenial who was born with an internet connection at home and a computer in every room, but put yourself in their shoes senpai.
>>
File: IMG_2482.jpg (38 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2482.jpg
38 KB, 257x196
>>29449336
>literally just had this conversation with a pharmacist
>>
>>29449500
you're not getting hired because you use words like "tertiary level qualifications" you fucking queer lmao
>>
>>29449418
>they proceed to call the card company and shout
>in fucking line
>>
>>29449721
Fuck aisle cleaners who complain
>>
>>29449721
I used to work produce in a grocery store and would have to deal with this. Except they would expect me to stay late and clean up for at least an hour after close :/
>>
>shady guy hands me a $100
>"careful the ink's still wet ;;^)"

HAHA LIKE A FAKE RIGHT
HAHA GREAT JOKE HAHA
>>
>>29449578

No but if the product is recalled and something happens if a customer buys it and somehow gets injured/sick etc then it's lawsuit city.

>work in chocolate store
>have product not approved for American markets
>have to take it off shelves
>if somebody bought it and ate it and had butt destroying diarrhea it's our fault because it wasn't approved for the us market and they could sue us
>>
File: cock.jpg (99 KB, 550x620) Image search: [Google]
cock.jpg
99 KB, 550x620
>>29449712
the price you pay for working a job where you're easily replaceable
>>
>>29449712
Well actually it was a little more than that.

I missed one shift BUT it was a sunday afternoon shift, the slowest shift possible and the guy who I was supposed to be working with that I texted like 2 hours after my shift started was like "well you know what man it's cool I'm fine on my own here I'm playing games on my phone". I called up the owner and told him that I forgot about my shift because my grandmother passed away (which was true) and he was like "oh it is okay then".

Then a week later I'm working with this college student girl, another girl who used to work with us shows up and I give her my staff meal since I wasn't going to eat it anyways. Other girl leaves after a while and me and the girl start closing up the store. There was a shit-ton of garbage that no one had taken out during the day so I took those out while the girl did what she had to do to close her half of the store. All in all we got out like 20 minutes later than usual.

Next shift I get called into the office and the owners are like WHAT DID YOU DO EXPLAIN YOURSELF, and I told them what happened. They told me that I was being put on probation and suspended for having a bad shift, "giving free food" and missing a work day.

I was like "...fair enough" I wasn't going to argue. I asked them how long the probation would be and they said that they'd call me and let me know.

Two years and like 4 months later, I'm sort of still expecting a phone call.

I was always talking about wanting to quit that shitty job so hey lemons to lemonade.
>>
>>29449841

>tell customer I can't accept counterfeit money and I will call the authorities
>>
>>29449425
i feel physically disgusting when i say it, like a diseased, enslaved monkey

i don't know why
>>
>>29449425
We get yelled at if we don't. It's not like we actually give two flying fucks about what customers do with their lives. They can choke on a prolapsed anus for all I care I'm just glad they paid for some lube that goes towards my paycheck.
>>
WHO /RETAIL MADE ME RACIST/ HERE?
>>
CVS Manager here (7 years).
Ask me anything?
>>
I'm finally retiring from being a full time NEET.
I have an orientation at Papa Johns on friday and they said i'll be cashier/phone guy. Not a fan of the phone gig but i'll make due

Are pizza joints decent working environments?
>>
>>29449950
>it's another "niggers stealing drinks" episode
>>
>>29449989
>another "sassy black women being loud" episode

it sucks being black...
>>
>>29449960
How have you not killed yourself yet

domo arigato mister roboto
>>
>>29450020

The pay is pretty well, and it's piss easy.
Why haven't YOU, anon-san?
>>
>work in backroom by myself
>listen to radio
>only good station is classical
>this works as I genuinely like classical but I would like some variety
>2.5 years pass
>I put in my two weeks notice (moving across states)
>realize the computer I work on has internet
>could've been listening to anything I wanted this entire time
Well alright then, at least these last two weeks will be nice. (My phone has shit battery life and there's no wifi signal at all in there, that's why I don;t use it)
>>
File: lunchables-pepperoni-pizza-02.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lunchables-pepperoni-pizza-02.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>29449988
Did you ever make one of these pizza lunchables?

That's your whole day now.

>>29450017
>old black guy keeps calling me "boss" and "sir"
>>
Customers who don't fucking understand no, jesus.
"Oh do you guys have this product?"
"No, but we have this similar product that might work for you"
Then they just stand there for like 10 seconds hoping you'll change your answer
>>
>>29450057
I told my coworkers at Rite-Aid that I'm either going to school for a pharm tech license this year or quitting once my fifth year working front-end is up.
>>
>>29449950

>work in chocolate store
>blacks come in
>ARE DEESE BE FREE
>Y'ALL GOT ANY WHITE CHOCOLATE?

>Indian comes in
>hello sir may I help you shop for anything?
>no reply
>k den
>pajeets wanna buy like 40 dollars worth of stuff
>"can I have a discount?"
>I'm sorry sir were not having any promotions on what your purchasing
>"hmm how about I give you 35 dollars for this"
>we do 10% discounts on orders more than 600 bucks
>pajeet then asks me how much a product is when the price tag is clearly on the back

Blacks and indians are truly the worst type of customers
>>
>>29449989
>it's another "niggers put food containers inside of other containers thinking ill just scan the big container and let them get free shit" thread
>it's another "niggers get in line and when i tell them their total take 20 fucking minutes to get out their money" episode
>it's another "niggers buying the shittiest food possible with ebt and giving mountain dew and dr pepper to their 3 year old children" episode
>it's another "niggers playing rap music from their phone" episode
>it's another "niggers can't wait 2 fucking minutes in line without making clicking noises with their mouth, giving death stares or even starting to yell for another line to open up" episode (happened today)
>it's another "nigger crack addict looking woman buys cold medicine, leaves and comes back with the empty box claiming it was empty and demanding a replacement box of cold medicine" episode
>it's another "cool black guy martial arts teacher with a good kid and a nice wife that comes in and says hi to me all the time sees the other niggers in front of him in line and looks at me with a face of shame and regret for being grouped in with these people and looks like he wants to say sorry for it all" episode
>>
I just got hired as a shift lead at a smoothie king. I'm so nervous, I've never been in any sort of leadership position in my entire life. They just threw me in because I'm older than most of their employees ;_;
>>
>>29450118

Oh, well, okay.
Nice chatting with you anon!
>>
>tfw you become assistant manager for a state run liquor store
>tfw benefits
>>
>>29450136

>smoothie king
>oldest one there

Fuck all the bitches there anon, you can do it!
>>
>>29450100

>can you look in the back?
>no ma'am we do not have that product in the store at all.
>can you look anyway?
>go to back
>comeback 15 seconds later
>ma'am we don't have it.
>oh thank you!

RRRRREEEEEEE WHY WOULD I LIE TO YOU THIS IS RETAIL IT BENEFITS US FOR YOU TO BUY THE SHIT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR RRRREEEEE
>>
File: hii'mkekepepe.jpg (116 KB, 826x837) Image search: [Google]
hii'mkekepepe.jpg
116 KB, 826x837
>>29450077
I Imagine it to be more mindnumbing than flippin burgers at Mcdonalds

>old black guy keeps calling me "boss" and "sir"
kek
>>
I work as cashier at Walmart and the customers suck. I hate the ones that come through with a bunch of fruits and vegetables. The FLU codes are not always on each veggie so I have to look at my list and manually find the code. Walmart customers are usually not friendly at all. But that's fine. I'm just a nobody cashier faggot.
>>
>>29449878
Jimmy Johnns?
>>
>>29450204
>RRRRREEEEEEE WHY WOULD I LIE TO YOU THIS IS RETAIL IT BENEFITS US FOR YOU TO BUY THE SHIT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR RRRREEEEE
Some people think retail workers such as yourself are either too incompetent or too lazy to give correct answers unless really pressured into it.
>>
Who /dollar general/ here?
Does your store have a "value valley"? How much of a disaster is it?
>>
>>29449475
Alcohol is fermented yeast excrement. It's weird, that dude in that picture is literally about to "eat shit" if he drinks wine from that glass. #rollymakuthonk
>>
>>29450306

>he's obviously lying about not having something that I would buy, he has every reason to lie, what being paid commission and all
>>
File: pp.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>29449238
>be me
>working shitty local fast food sandwich place
>evening shift, a few people eating in the store
>hear the bell for the front door
>this MASSIVE balding bearded man who looks like he was maybe 65 years old but was probably just like 45 barely squeeze through the doors
>he's barely holding onto like 7 bags of groceries and sweating from every hole
>didn't notice at first, but he has a kid with him
>kid looks at the floor and ceiling and walls in a 360 turn and RUNS towards a table of people
>wut
>he climbs onto one of the empty seats and stands on it, and goes "WWAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH" to the people eating
>old fat man apologizes to them
>tells little timmy to leave those people
>old fat man apologizes to us
>little timmy is pushing a chair around and making racecar noises and occasionally going EEEE-EEEE-EEE-EEE
>old fat man apologizes to us again and tells us that little timmy has a learning disability
>little timmy parked his racecar chair up against a wall, is standing on it again and has put his ear up against the wall while slamming both of hands on it - like he's trying to listen for hidden treasure inside of the stores' walls
>old fat man says that he wants a sandwich, but first NEEDS pickles - not a whole pickle that we sell - but the sliced pickles we put on sandwiches and he'll pay extra for them
>shrug
>give him sandwich pickles in a soup cup
>he waddles over to little timmy, barely able to balance his own mass
>presents his peace offering of sandwich pickles
>little timmy immediately stops screaming and hitting things
>immediately sits down and starts cautiously nibbling on the pickles
>old fat man gets a sandwich
>eats it with little timmy
>both are done eating
>old fat man brings little timmy over to put money in our tip jar
>little timmy puts a dollar in, but also takes about $3.38 in a fistful of loose change
>throws it all on the floor and goes REEEEEEEEEE
>old fat man goes NO TIMMY NO WE TALKED ABOUT THIS and drags him outside
>the end
>>
File: 1439936526046.png (1 MB, 783x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439936526046.png
1 MB, 783x1024
I used to work at a Mcdonald's.
I have some stories though

>Someone just decided to piss all over the floor in the women's restroom and I had to clean it up
>One time some kid got his foot stuck in the play area somehow and they made me crawl up there and help him
>Another time some fat bitch was leaving the restaurant and proceeded to slip and fall, bash her face against the wall and somehow dislocate her nose
>Some highschool kid that got hired put his hand in the fryer to get something
>One time we had to serve a bus full of people that showed up RIGHT as we finished cleaning everything and putting everything up
>Some old war vet threw a tantrum because he didn't get his sandwhich
>all those times the managers fucked off to do something and expected me to take charge when we were short staffed
>that one time we ran out of stuff and had to go to another Mcdonald's to get cups and napkins
>That one time the entire back of the restaurant flooded and they still made us work
>That one time a lady ordered something, got most of it, stormed out for no reason only to show up 40 minutes later demanding it and saying it was my fault I made her forget her food

I hated working lunch shifts.
Closing shifts were cool though. We usually gave the left over food to stoners.
>>
i'm 21 and with no actual paid job experience and I'm going to start looking for my first job tomorrow. I have about 200 something hours of community service from this summer bridge reading program that I helped out in with the city library (which was back in 2013), along with helping out in various school-club related events throughout 2013-2016 and I held a club officer position.

I also don't remember much of the contact info for the references

is that enough worthless padding for an entry level job, or am I pretty much fucked? the only saving grace is that I'm still in school.

god just kill me
>>
>>29450401
by entry level job do you mean mcdonalds or a low tier office job

because nowadays i really hope you mean mcdonalds otherwise youre fucked
>>
>>29450439
yeah mcdonalds or retail
>>
File: 1439597070784.jpg (172 KB, 588x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439597070784.jpg
172 KB, 588x1000
>>29450401
Yeah, that's plenty fine.
Whatever you do, make a normiebook or twitter account, maybe linked in if you're feeling ambitious.
I'm dead serious, for middle class jobs, that is.

Use a fake e-mail, whatever.
Just put some basic hobbies, some very brief personal info, and maybe some interests or some shit.
Employers are actively screening that shit and making sure. Just make one and comment or something or have something posted like a couple days before you go in.

Seriously, they had questions like "What social media do you use: Facebook, tumblr, snapchat, instagram, linked in, and some other shit"

The people that said they chose tumblr didn't make it to the interview portion

>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact
I'm being serious.
>>
>>29450488
you need a SOLID, BELIEVABLE excuse why you haven't had a job. muh school is not one.

i was able to convince my boss that i work for google online, but thats because he's a dumb indian. you will need an ass-cover man. say you were taking care of your dying aunt. SOMETHING
>>
>>29450488
McDonalds and other minimum wage jobs will often hired high school kids with no experience, immigrants with no experience, and literally retarded people.

Just say that you really want to work and you're eager and willing to learn anything that the job entails.
>>
>>29450560
For retail, yeah, but unlikely. For most fast food, they won't fucking give a shit, since they hire absolute bottomfeeders. I'd say he's fine overall if he doesn't sperg out.
>>
Fellow wageslave here. I work in an Amazon warehouse, any other robots in warehouse jobs?
>>
>>29449336
every single time.

I have this conversation at least 30 times a day
>>
>>29450401
Goto a temp agency and they'll find you a job. It's not going to be $30 an hour but you have to get experience somewhere. Employers just want to see if you're reliable and willing to learn.
>>
>>29449578
Yes.
We had expired food over by our side. Threw it in the trash.. Another employee picked it out of the trash, and got fired for stealing
>>
>>29449731
hahah what a bunch of old homos
>>
>>29450654
Ayy, fellow amazon worker here. What department are you? I'm stow, hoping to transfer to ICQA so I can be a useless piece of shit all the time
>>
I've been working in a couple motels while attending university, and I've been constantly astonished at how genuinely decent most folks are.

Some people have really great conversation in them, too. Absolutely love talking about "issues" in any form; education, government, social issues, etc.

God help me, but when I tell a motherfucker to have a good night, I actually mean it.

And somehow, even after nine or ten mind-numbing years in this place, I still chuckle to myself when they say "you too!"

I do imagine working food service or budget-retail is fucking horrific, though.

The worst part of the job is people asking me where I'm from, believe it or not. Since I speak like I've got a couple brain cells to rub together and I have only a slight southern drawl, people are always asking "where are you from?? you don't sound like you're from around here!!"

Fuck sake, I'm not some shitty yank so please don't inform me that I sound like I'm from fucking Minnesota or some frozen hellhole.
>>
>>29450196
Thanks! I'm only 20, all the other employees are apparently high school kids or recent graduates. I feel bad they're going to have to teach me, then take orders from me once I'm all trained up.
>>
>>29450654
Is as shitty as they say? Will you get replaced by a qt robot that carries the shelves?
>>
>>29449238
I work in a pizzeria that is the dive-bar of pizzeria's. More bugs in kitchen then I've seen in my 5 years of line cooking, same townie customers come in every day, constantly getting bitched at cause customers want their food an extremly specific way since they come in everyday, crooked as fuck owner who's 100 percent a coke head (I've seen him railing lines in his car before work).
>>
>>29450654
>I work in a warehouse
>Calling others wageslaves

Holy fuck.
I worked at one that gave us 12 hour shifts. Don't know how you manage.
Not only was it incredibly slow and boring, but they made sure to berate us by telling us to pretend to do something.
Best of luck to ya, mate.
>>
>>29449451
No just shut the fuck up. Your bread will survive.
>>
>>29450849
Not that poster, but the kiva bots only cut down on the workload a little bit. They still need people to take stuff out of the boxes and put it onto the shelves, and to pick the purchased items off the shelves and into other boxes
>>
>tfw get written up all the time for being late and half assing my job

I've long since stopped caring about getting in trouble or getting fired. They'd be doing me a favor to be honest
>>
>>29450735
We're a sorting center so I alternate between stacking boxes on pallets, inbound, sorting on the line, and other such work

>>29450849
It's really not shitty. Good job for a robot desu, if you don't mind physical work/being on your feet for 4-5 hours. No boss breathing down your neck, not forced into interactions with people (but cool people to meet), very easy to get hired, solid starting wage and benefits, simple tasks to do. It's repetitive definitely and you get sore feet after but I spend the time thinking about old memories or ideas for writings or just whistling a good tune.

And yeah prolly one day they'll replace me with a robot. Hopefully by then I'll have my degree
>>
>>29450971
>keep fucking up and getting written up
>keep not getting fired

Wish they'd just release me from this hell already.
>>
>>29449336
It would be nice if the fucking hardware and software is consistently updated. All of my cards have chips and at least once a month I walk into a store and insert the card into the reader and stand there for 15 seconds before the cashier says "lol sorry that doesn't work yet." Then when I go to some podunk little shitty store and just swipe it to avoid the situation it yells at me to use the chip reader. Annoying as shit
>>
>>29450699
don't give him that advice

Temp agencies fucked me over
>>
>>29450971
I've gotten to that point with the last 3 jobs I've had. It feels fucking good.

>Putting off that work from people you have, and always will hate
>Taking your time and delivering stuff
>Taking notes of what your supervisor has off-handedly said and letting someone else know all the nasty things they've said on the day you leave
>Running into someone you worked with 4 months later and wondering why they're still working there after all the shit that went down
>Finally breaking the silence and saying what you want since you no longer work for them
>tfw you finally burn those bridges, and do it in person since they can't do anything about it
>tfw they try to ask how you're doing and you can only respond with: "Why do you even care"?

It just feels so good.
>>
>>29449564
Why do 40-55 year old white women/men has exactly the same lifestyle and exactly the same life???

I don't mean they have bad or boring life. White people life really make me jealous sometimes. But why do old white peoples always have 100% exact point of views and life???

You can swtich my white costumer's name and they still talk and act the same. I can still make them happy when compliment their dog and 4 year old boy who just learnt swim in their above-ground pool
>>
>>29450859
Our pizza sauce is campbell's condensed tomato soup, some spices, and parm. We also serve slices of stoffer's lasagna. The owner buys a whole one for like 13 bucks, then cuts it into 10 slices and sells each for like 8 bucks.
>be 2 weeks ago
>a couple I've never seen comes in
>woman not happy with her food
>husband says he wants me to come out of the kitchen (so he can yell at me infront of everyone)
>manager of course says no
>guy comes back to kitchen
>kicks in door
>begins chewing me out
>minimum wage is not worth this
>pick up pizza-slicing knife
>tell him to get the fuck outta the kitchen
>calls cops like a bitch
>cops come
>look at video footage
>cops tell the guy that the manager doesn't want he and his wife coming back and we have the right to refuse business etc etc.
>guy wants me charged
>cops won't charge me cuz of lack of evidence (he said/she said sorta deal)
>got a write-up at work but no forced time off
>mfw i got away with raising a kitchen knife to a customer.
>>
>>29450390
Underrated post, right here guys
>>
>>29451180
Shut up bitch nigga
>>
>>29451197
that was quick, m8. (different poster)
>>
>>29451152
Honestly, if he seriously kicked the door down just to get to you, it's not exactly crazy to consider the holding the knife up at him self defense. Who knows what someone like that could've done if they didn't think you were capable of defending yourself.
>>
>>29450401
Dude. If I can get a job, you can too. I didn't start working my first job until I was 23 yrs old. I am a cashier at Walmart. My supervisor gave me the interview and he literally told me that you don't have to have job experience to get hired at Walmart. Just don't bs the "personality" questions and be friendly in your interview with small talk.
>>
>>29449605
I hate radio music bands/singers with guts and I want terrorist attacks on them

I seriously curse normies whoever think their songs are good in any way
>tfw almost unleashed my austictic furious power in front the table because parents friends said they liked one of the radio songs
>>
>>29450126
No seriously whats the fucking deal with indians always asking for discounts and shit? I work at a clothing store and its always them that are putting clearance stickers on items that aren't fucking clearance or marked down.
>>
>>29449484
Lower fees for the bank, and less financial responsibility if your card gets stolen. Not that you're ever see the savings.

And it only takes does times as long to use, your welcome goy :^)
>>
>>29449724
I hate this so much when visiting burger land
Wtf is the point of printing $100 if I place wanted to accept it ever?
I've been to restaruant, stores, malls. Every burger gets disgusted if they see people handing them $100
Wtf??? Does everyone in America never carry more than $100 cash because niggers rob you 24/7 or some shit???
>>
>>29451319
The worst part is that RARELY there will be a good/interesting song on the radio, and I actually like it and I listen to it on my own time, but then I hear it again 8 times a day and sort of want to listen to it on my own time but not anymore and I hear it again 8 times the next day, etc.

By the end of a week, a song that I liked now makes me want to kill myself.

That's actually a torture technique, just blast a song on repeat.
>>
File: image.png (246 KB, 1136x717) Image search: [Google]
image.png
246 KB, 1136x717
>tfw every time customer is wrong they think they are right
>tfw "customer is always right" mentality is still around
>mfw they ask for a manager and I tell them I'm him
>mfw my dad owns the franchise so even when I tell them off I'm not fired but rewarded

And we are still the highest rated store in this city with the highest net profit out of all the other stores. Kinda great but being the bosses son sucks a lot.
>>
>>29449960
How often do you find people stealing and how effective are you preventing it?
>>
>>29449238
Work at a candy store (quit officially but I still fill in occasionally). Get some common sayings that drive me insane:

>I don't know how you work here I'd weigh 400 pounds!
>We used to make these when I was a kid
>Is this gluten free?

Of course it's gluten free you dumb cunt it's chocolate not bread
>>
>>29451363
They come from a culture where everything is bargained for at open air markets and shit and usually the selling price is marked up several times over because the sellers know that buyers want to haggle for a lower price. Doesn't work that well in the west where prices are set by the head office of a corporation in some other part of the country.
>>
>>29451444
Theo, is that you?
>>
>>29450132
Kek every single one of these is true

I always thought that sjw are people who never ever worked in their life and only students in liberals arts. This is not even /pol/. Stereotypes and racism come from experiences and real life. They are reasonable
>>
>>29451397
Most cash registers balance out at $100 worth of small bills for making change, when starting and ending shifts. So if you pay for a $2 coffee with a $100 bill the drawer doesn't have enough cash to make change. That means it's either giving up all of its small bills for that single large bill, or the cashier has to go to the store safe and change it for 20s. Both are pain in the ass and I wish you'd just pay with a 20 like a normal person, or better yet swipe a card.
>>
>>29451397
are you baiting or do you not understand how money works
>>
>>29451068
Not that guy but how did they fuck you over? I've been thinking about going to a temp agency only because I'm not getting any call backs for jobs.
>>
>tfw working retail as a stocker
>quit my job and become an alcoholic
>>
>Customer hands you cash/voucher straight from their mouth
Honestly this is the one thing that pisses me off the most i stand there with my finger in my mouth and wipe it on their change now
>>
i just got my first job working at pizza hut

it's okay
>>
>>29451632
pizza hut is bom, senpai
>>
File: nani.gif (1 MB, 480x264) Image search: [Google]
nani.gif
1 MB, 480x264
>>29451618
>Customer hands you cash/voucher straight from their mouth

literally what the fuck
>>
>>29449336
Most of the places I go to now just have tape over the chip reader.
>>
>>29451643
Could definitely be worse

Most of my coworkers are boring normies but I met one dude into competitive smash so we've at least got that to talk about
>>
>>29451701
dude, lucky
competitive smash sounds awesome
>>
File: 1423216070106.jpg (10 KB, 251x233) Image search: [Google]
1423216070106.jpg
10 KB, 251x233
>>29449238
>Customer gets mad at you for helping another customer that asked for help before them and tries to act like you're lazy because you didn't immediately stop helping the other customer to help them.
>>
>>29451701
>>29451723
God you smashbabbys are pure cancer.
>>
>Customer puts cash/voucher on the till in front of your outstretched hand
>Customer ignores your hello and then gets annoyed when you don't say please or thanks
>Customer places items in front of the scanner when someone lets them skip them
>Customer leaves basket on top of the till
>Customer opens freezer which you have placed something on top of and lets it all fall and then walks away
>Customers not able to control their kids at the checkout
Note; i had a down syndrome kid come stand right next to me the other day and the mother though it was fine
>Customer knocks something over while you watch them and give you the "it wasn't me" look
>Customers child is reeing loudly throughout their 2 hour shop
>Customers who think they own the place
>Customers who through items around
>Customers who don't put items back where they belong
>Customers who smell
>Customers who are fat
>Fat customers who smell and stand too close to you
>Fat customers who smell and have to sit on the checkout to catch their breath back
>Fat customers
>Fat people in general
>Ugly fat customers who pull money out of their sweaty bra
>Customers who think they deserve your 100% full attention
>Muslim customers
>Customers with no respect and get annoyed when you treat them the same
>>
File: 1447294093745.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447294093745.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>29451755
Why are you upset? Do you want everyone to be as bored with life as you are?
>>
>>29451755
your face and your mother
>>
>>29451651
Yes its fucking disgusting people who hold money in their mouth while packing and then hand it to you like nothings wrong. I'm not even kidding I've had at least 3 diseases just from working there and I'm 90% sure its down to this sort of shit
>>
>>29451784
Smashbabbys need to be purged from the face of the earth, that's why.
>>
>>29451817
go to hell, you jerk
>>
>>29451492
Well they'd better drop their fucking subhuman culture and adopt civilization or else stay home
>>
>>29451845
I'll take you with me you son of a bitch
>>
File: 1451369826986.jpg (241 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1451369826986.jpg
241 KB, 960x1280
>>29451817
>literally all I said was that I liked smash and you're calling for genocide

you know you can get corrective surgery for your tiny cock right?
>>
>only work two days a week
>only work for three hours

Luckily I've found two other jobs willing to hire me
>>
>>29451804
if it makes you feel any better, the money bill was probably dirtier before it went in their mouth. over 3000 types of bacteria on the average paper money note, usually more than a toilet.
>>
File: anger.jpg (12 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
12 KB, 325x325
>crying babies
>>
>>29451867
The day of the rope is coming for you fucking smashbabbys.
>>
>its an indian costumer shits in the toilet paper aisle episode
>>
File: 1465944937254.png (172 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1465944937254.png
172 KB, 500x350
>>29451877
>those little kids that just fucking stare at you and try to get you attention doing stupid shit
>trying to pretend like you don't see them
>>
File: 1451697891081.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
1451697891081.png
192 KB, 501x445
>>29451618
>>29451651
>>29451804
>customer walks up
>tell them the bill
>they take out money

>licks their fingers

i'm goin on break
>>
File: 1455592966483.jpg (304 KB, 586x487) Image search: [Google]
1455592966483.jpg
304 KB, 586x487
>>29451892
I bet you main roy
>>
>that one autistic regular customer that ALWAYS calculates exactly how much he has to pay and gives exact change, every single time and neatly organized on the counter with biggest bills on the left descending down to pennies or dimes on the righthand side, or the other way around depending on which side the register is closest too to facilitate my job
>says he despises credit cards and has made it his duty to never use one

Honestly, I was kinda pissed at first before I learned his method. He has been right on target with the prices every single of the 30+ times he's been here. Not a single mistake, right down to the pennies. He even carries a calculator and notepad with him, along with a box of organized change and doesn't approach the register until he's finished with the calculations. I think he said he works as a software engie, and he's pretty knowledgeable with retro games and old PCs.

He's honestly my favorite customer. I'm half sure he browses /vr/ or /g/, too. You don't get to see this kind of interesting autism just anywhere. I always feel comfy when I ring him up, probably because it's not a normie I'm dealing with.
>>
>>29451566
>>29451571
Typical burger mindset
Other parts of the world usually keep some 20s in the drawer
>drawer is for change!
>so let's put only change in it!
>which means small amount of money!
Seriously. How hard is it to put a stash of 20s in the drawer?

Paying $100 for $2 coffee is not real situation here. But paying $100 for $15-25 things is very possible. Just give people go damn 4 bills of 20s. How hard is it?? People sometimes don't have enough cash

Again. If burgers hate 100 bills so much why don't you ban it? You'll never use it anyway nor do you want it to be used
>>
>>29449605
boy you're shooting for the moon there huh bud
>>
File: 1364056913999.png (139 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
1364056913999.png
139 KB, 424x470
I have one story

>Be me
>Working at Costco
>Cashier
>Checking out polite women
>She hands me her money to pay
>"Oh sorry ma'am let me get some more change from my cashier supervisor, can you wait a moment? It shouldn't take long."
>"Oh sure!"
>Suddenly this old rude ass man behind her says
>"I can't wait! I'm in a hurry"
>I look at him and say "Well sir, we have self checkout, might I suggest you use that?"
>"I DID! AND DIDN'T WORK!! NOBODY WOULD HELP ME!!"
>"Oh, I apologize sir, I'm not sure why it didn't wor-"
>"BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN THIS STORE IS GARBAGE, IT'S JUST TRASH"
>Eventually Cashier Supervisor comes over and gives me change, the whole time she is there this old guy is insulting me under his breath saying
>"Stupid young kid can't even run a register, how stupid can you be. He shouldn't be working at the register if he can't even do basic math."
>At this point I'm basically holding back rage
>Cashier Supervisor looks at him and says "Sir, do you have a problem?"
>He shuts up because she could tell I was shaking a bit and getting upset
>I eventually check him out and proceed to kill him with kindness as hard as possible
>I say "Thank you for shopping at Costco sir and we hope to see you again real soon, HAVE A GREAT DAY! :)
>I said it with a big smile on my face
>He walked out silently with a pissed off look on his face
>Felt better afterwards

Trust me anons, you have to have A LOT of fucking patience if you're going to be a cashier or even work with the public. I consider myself somewhat of a pacifist but holy fuck, I almost went off on this old guy. If I did I would have most likely gotten fired and shit, it wouldn't have ended well for me and he might have even sued me for assault but either way you really need to have great social skills and patience.

I have no fucking idea what this old ass man wanted me to do, just pull change out of my fucking ass? He was in such a hurry, that's not my problem, he could have gone to a different line.
>>
>>29451926
Nigger, Roy and Young Link are the best characters in the game. You sound like one of those fuccboi's who mains Fox or Falco and just flashes people off the map.
>>
>>29451872
>the money bill was probably dirtier before it went in their mouth
Good point though but it's still fucking annoying and disgusting i actually got Pertussis last year and I'm sure it was because of this
>>
File: 03958671983.png (177 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
03958671983.png
177 KB, 495x495
>>29449238
>read these threads
>find out how to piss off wagecucks most effectively
>be sure to make lots of the overused jokes in this thread often
>>
>>29451866
no, because i don't want to go to hell
anyways, the original Super Smash Bros for N64 was a defining mark on my childhood, growing up. It blew my mind playing a game where all of my favorite characters from every other game i loved was all in one game and i got to choose whoever i wanted to be and smash shit.
Melee came out and i was addicted to that game too. i stopped playing when Brawl came out because I valued my job over video games and i thought it would be a waste of money to buy a Wii
>>
>>29451961
>roy main confirmed
you can always tell by how "ironically" pissy they act in response to little things

And nice guess, but I main Captain Falcon.
>>
>>29451998
Sorry for your pleb tastes.
>>
>>29451998
You didn't miss out, Brawl wasn't that good
>>
>>29452014
Oh, so your one of those other fuccboi's who just knees people off the map. You must think you're really talented.
>>
Some fatass made a huge mess today, even spread his crumbs to other tables

then as he left he told me "dont complain, consider yourself grateful for the job security"
>>
>>29451945
We do ban it. I tell people they can't pay with 100s. Some cashiers are nice and they accept it. But they don't have to and aren't supposed to.

Pay with a 20 like a normal person.
>>
File: rainbowdash.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rainbowdash.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>mopping at 2:30 as manager says to
>leaving at 3:00
>mfw customers expect me to give a damn about them coming in as I'm finishing up
>>
Retail is much better than fast food job.
>>
File: 1462160267884.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1462160267884.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>29452049
You sound upset you aren't good enough to handle aerial game

That must be why you like roy, because he's already dead any time his feet leave the ground
>>
>>29452092
I thought they were the same thing? im sure they are...
>>
>>29451954
funny sarcasm noted senpai, it's just something to pay the monthly bills and save money while I spend the rest of my time studying & practising for an actual career.
>>
>tfw i've literally started the same exact thing as the automated self check out thing

also customer jokes

>weighing something up
>"is that price and weight looking good to you?"
>"i mean if you could make the price less that'd be great hahahahahahahahahhaahahHAHAHA"
>"sure thing"
>begin to take meat off scale and put it back the display case

and then we both have a good hearty chuckle and i die inside. have done this same fucking thing with so many customers

>>29449475
current meat department clerk here

have nothing to add, just saying. ama i guess
>>
>>29449416
>military service (obligatory for a year in my country)
what the fuck. what shitty ass country is this
>>
File: 00.png (103 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
00.png
103 KB, 500x415
>come in ten minutes before panera bread/chipotle/mcdonalds/burger king/the habit/any other food place/ closes
>mfw they're forced to fire up the grill and prepare the food because I remind them that isn't closing time yet :^)
>>
>>29452061
That shit would have infuriated me but since you can't really fight with costumers you kind of have to just let him walk away, you have a lot of costumers or people in the public who make fun of retail workers or workers in the food industry.

They see them as "beneath them" so they treat them like shit, especially if they have some corporate job or something. I honestly think some costumers get a power trip by going into retail stores and treating the employees like shit, it gives them power because they probably don't get it at their job so they go to lower level jobs like retail and fast food jobs.
>>
I'm a bagger and the other day

>bagging for cashier
>Woman(about 30-35) comes up asking where the pringles are saying she's in a hurry
>Show her
>She gets some jalepeno pringles
>Cashier rings her pringles up
>$1.39? It's supposed to be on sale for $1.29 It's on sale!
>makes a whole giant ordeal at the checkout desk over 10 cents

I'm completely baffled about how people like this exist
>>
I had a customer who used to come in and bitch about gas pumping slowly so I one day I told him I didn't give a fuck and he could either spend his time waiting for the gas to pump here or spend his time driving to an out of the way gas station to pump his gas slightly faster there.

He got pretty pissed and threatened to get me fired and vaguely implied he wanted to a fight by asking me to step outside, I declined and told him to leave the store.

I looked him up on facebook since I knew his first name and lots of people who worked at the company on his shirt and found him and found his address.

I waited until a few days had passed then drove over to his house since I knew he worked nights because of the times he was in the store and started a small fire beside his garage that spread destroying his whole house.
>>
>>29449238
Brown people especially Muslims are fucking cancer (literately)
I'm /pol/-tier hating on Indians/Muslims after doing only several months in retails

Fuck. At this point I'd want to be enlisted just to make sure j kill some sandnigger animals in my life
>>
>>29452107
>>29452107
I actually main as Ike but my brothers obsessed with melee so I go Roy instead. He always goes Falco or Falcon too so I can take a guess how you probably play. Although, none of that shit passes when we play project M.
>>
>>29451555

Nah. Nice trips though man.
>>
>>29452147
Ah yes, the classic coupon/sales costumer. I've encountered this quite a bit, they'll carry a book of coupons and hold up the line for 10 minutes while you proceed to scan their coupons and get them the discounts on their items. There is also the costumer you described, makes a big deal of having to pay an extra 50 cents or some trivial amount.

You can't argue with them, the best thing you can do is give them the discount and let them have their way. It's much easier for you and everyone else, I usually just change the price and let them go on their merry way because I'm not about to argue with them over some minimal amount.
>>
File: ree intensifies.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
ree intensifies.gif
1 MB, 680x680
>>29451921
>>29451804
>>29451651
>>29451618
>>29451919
>>29451877

>work fast food
>have glass panels/sneezeguard to protect food
>kid is dragging his hand and fingers all over the glass
>parent picks up kid
>"Jimothy! Tell the nice man what you wan in your din-din!"
>parent leans kid closer so he can see what we have
>kid's almost hovering over the lettuce and onions
>kid sees deep void in my eyes and is too scared to speak
>he instead coughs and sneezes all over the fucking food
>>
>>29452158
I don't really believe this but holy shit if you actually did that and got away with it, jesus christ.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 600x720
>>29451444
>>29452222

>just noticed I had trips
>reply was trips
>I get quads

What the FUCK?! PRAISE KEKKU!!!!
>>
File: 640px-Georges_Danton.jpg (67 KB, 640x799) Image search: [Google]
640px-Georges_Danton.jpg
67 KB, 640x799
>>29452203
>Smashbabbys must die
>I play Ike and Roy and am familiar with Project M
I think we're done here, hang yourself when you get a chance
>>
>>29450390
And that boy was Stanley Phillips
>>
Maybe they're actually funny and you're the one with a problem...I mean, you're working in a RETAIL store. These people go around happily telling jokes because their actually good job makes them a happy person.
>>
>>29449950
not really rascist but in the meat department only asians ever ask for the whole fish, head and all. not even exagerrating
>>
>>29452158
He is right tho. You're just a low level subhuman retail boy who doesn't care about profit because your boss takes it all
If costumers aren't happy then they'd go to other places. Of course you don't give a fuck but you're a terrible clerk
>>
>>29452304
I imagine a world, where you have to laugh at everyone's jokes, even if they're not funny
>>
File: beautiful long wojak.png (562 KB, 777x574) Image search: [Google]
beautiful long wojak.png
562 KB, 777x574
>>29452126
>and then we both have a good hearty chuckle and i die inside

I wish I didn't know that feel

>HEY BUDDY, I HEARD THERE WAS A SPECIAL FOR 100% OFF EVERYTHING IN THE STORE
>NO.... BUT WE DO WE HAVE A GREAT BUY ONE FOR THE PRICE OF ONE DEAL!
>WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>huuuuhhuhhh
>hehhehhh..hmm..
>...
>"just the usual please"
>"yes"
>>
>>29452062
That's a catch 22. I already have a 100 dollar bill, where do i change it into 20s? and if you dare say the bank, for argument's sake, lets say I'm foreign, so I don't have a bank account in the US.

In fact, no need to reply. Im sure we are both going to leave this board with the same idea we came in with. Anyways, next time you complain about someone paying with a 100 dollar bill, imagine being european and having bills that are worth 6 or 7 times more, depending on the exchange rates, and then you will realize you are just complaining to avoid being prepared to serve (service industry, it comes with the name)
>>
>>29452336
Does that bother you? Why? You'd throw them anyway
Asian here. My parents want the heads because they make the best tasty soup with the fish heads. It's used as an ingredient not part we eat.
>>
>>29452144
feels good studying medicine

i've had customers engage in mean-spirited small talk with me by asking me things such as
>so why didn't you like school
>school was too hard, huh?
>shoulda tried harder, heh
>cashier isn't that BAD of a job
And my favorite
>so you've given up and decided with working here your entire life? Youngsters have no ambitions these days. My son's studying political science at UCSC

which are usually accompanied by a smug look from the baby boomers that usually make these comments.

then I mention that I'm in med school and their facial expressions always change, and they usually look down and mutter something like "o-oh." With the last fellow with the policuck son, I mentioned my med school and said:
>he's gonna have a real hard time finding a job with a degree like that, but as along as his heart is in the right place :^^^)

and he gave me the nastiest fucking look I've ever seen, along with complete silence. Felt great.
>>
>>29452304
well good for them i guess, blissfully unaware of how stupid and shitty they are
>>
>bitchy customer asks to speak to my manager
>call him over
>she starts complaining to him about how i'm rude and lazy
>he just nods
>she leaves
>gives me a smirk and goes back to doing his thing

It's fucking hilarious that people think anyone in this shitty rundown retail store cares. I make minimum wage and my bosses barely pull 30k a year. No one here is going to go above and beyond to satisfy your fucking needs.
>>
>>29452372
hey doc i have a weird lump in my cock, what can it be?
>>
>>29449238
>"do you have a rewards card with us?"
>"I DONT NEED OBAMA TRACKING MY PURCHASES"
>>
>>29452062
I do pay like a normal person. What's not normal with 100 dollars bill????
Your society prints them and use them and hand outs to people. Why is it rejected everywhere?

So tell me some scenarios where 100$ is being used?? It's absolutely normal to pay with the bill I receive from the bank. And where the fuck do I get $20 bill if nobody is gonna break it?
>inb4 that's your problem I don't care
Burgers seem to provide 0 reasons and arguments. I've asked this question when I visited. People seemed annoyed but they then apologize because they didn't seem to have any valid reason to tell me.
>>
File: Neko_Screaming.png (814 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Neko_Screaming.png
814 KB, 1280x720
>>29452457
>"do you have a rewards card with us?"
>no, i pay cash
>>
>>29452232
Heres another one

>old white trash woman and her white trash grandkid come through the line
>literally inferior garbage type humans
>Cashier starts ringing her up
>Gets to Potato bread
>she looks at the screen
>THE POTATO BREAD IS ON SALE THATS WRONG
>cashier says she doesn't think it's on sale cause it's not in the ad
>I go and check in the bread aisle
>Theres sales tags on other types of bread on the same brand but not potato bread
>go back and politely tell her that.
>I SAW IT THERE. ARE YU TELLIN ME I'M WRONG
>well I looked and there was no tag underneath it
> I KNOW WAT I SAW
>She stops the line and her order and goes to show me
>I stop a manager on the way
>we go to the aisle and she shows me sales signs to other types of bread
>Point out and show manager that the type of bread is not on sale
>Manager agree's and tells customer "sorry"
>white trash grandma starts bitching about how the signs dont make sense and how someone needs to fix them even though the problem is that she can't read.

I hate hicks and I hate how they expect everyone to cater to their stupidity and the mindset on how they could never possibly be wrong

>>29452457
We have a free rewards card at our store so that never happens here.
>>
>>29452367
>I already have a 100 dollar bill, where do i change it into 20s?
At a bank.
>and if you dare say the bank, for argument's sake, lets say I'm foreign, so I don't have a bank account in the US.
That doesn't fucking matter, have you never traveled in your god damn life?
>>
>>29452432
Ingrown hair, almost every time

wash your dick more, you animal
>>
>>29452337
Sure, except I'm in my early 20s and won't be a clerk forever (hopefully) while he is a middle aged man working in a shitty factory making minimum wage plus a small shift differential for working nights and he no longer has a house.

Also, the happy customer thing is a meme invited by the Jewish overlords to get you to act live you give a fuck.

This is why Wal-mart is hated by virtually everyone for like, not having enough registers opened but everyone still goes there because dem prices plus it's really easy.
>>
>>29450340
I had straight up the worst DG experience of my life today
>Go to Dollar General today to grab cheap cleaning supplies since my landlord didnt clean up after her last pig tenant
>Go to grab a basket
>Its wet and its been dry and 95 degree for two days
>Every basket is sopping wet
>Ask what happened and turns out someone dropped an open bottle of water into the basket rack and no one bothered cause it will dry
>Whatever at least its not piss
>Go down value alley first
>Shelves are visibly dirty and disorganized
>Packages are ripped open
>Start buying shit
>Go to grab dish soap and discover dried puke on one of the shelves
>Go across the store, pass the toy aisles
>Kid is dumping glue all over the floor while his mom is yelling on the phone
>Old lady cuts in front of me
>Lets out a loud and rancid fart
>Smells like sour milk and dogshit
>Go to grab a Gatorade to drink
>Entire shelf is so sticky the bottles are stuck
>Put down my basket and leave

Seriously what the fuck? Its in a rural town and its usually fine in there. i haven't been in there in a few months, but I have never seen it bad in there, let alone that bad.
>>
File: 1341634654694.png (143 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1341634654694.png
143 KB, 800x600
>>29452457
>>29452493
>manager requires at least half of all transactions include a rewards card
>numbers are tracked and posted on the wall weekly for everyone to see

>Anon: 21%

bonus round:
>"anon, tuck in your shirt it's company policy"
>>
>>29452424

basically my day today also.

It doesn't make me happy to act like a passive aggressive dickhead to people I decide I don't like though.

I would much rather have a non-service job but I can't find one. I hate sneak dissing the customers while wearing a little faggy uniform because I'm basically the lowest member of society and my ego is BTFO beyond all recognition..
>>
>>29450340
ones being built right across the street where I work. Theres people outside protesting it.
>>
>>29452547
Emmmmm what an edgy teenager
Do you happen to listen to goth music and think you're special because you hate everyone else but we somehow have to like you a bit?

Please catch cancer
>>
>it's a black guy who looks like he wants to steal shit and he is trying to steal shit episode
>Old people holding up the line with checks/not knowing how credit cards work
>CHIP OR NO CHIP WHEN IS THE CHIP WORKING YOU KNOW KROGER HAS THE CHIP WHY DON'T YOU GET WITH THE TIMES
>"hey is that -anime character here on ur keychain? Are u a black GUURRL GAMER?!"
>alternatively coustomers asking "hey anon x told me you love anime and video games, do you like call of duty??"
>asking to see my manager after trying to use outdated coupons for the wrong items
>WIC with wrong items
>loud niggers
>trying to steal gift cards and not even being sly about it
>I ask them how they are and they go into a long story about their life
>people saying somethings bogo when it's not then threaten to call cooperate
>it's busy but the coustomer wants to talk to me for hours and hours
>"wow if I was 50 years younger I'd date you :)"
>when I'm at self check out and people get mad when they have to get money from me and not the machines and say they feel threatened
Publix where shopping is a pleasure
>>
One of you guys always comes in and buys baby wipes and doesn't say a word because you're autistic
>>
>working retail at store
>old man and his wife are at the register
>cashier girl awaiting the old couple
>cashier girl asks, "are you ready?"
>old man says "shit, for a young girl like you, i was born ready"
>his wife just stares him down
>>
>>29449238
Recently got my first job ever, doing cleaning and trolleys. Several days in and I'm hating it, any tips on getting another job or making this one bearable?
>>
>>29452668
Fucking kek
Sometimes boomers can be funny
>>
>>29451397

Because this the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Fucking Sixteen. I'm a manager at a store, and without saying much, let me just say that if the tens of thousands of dollars we make a day maybe 5-10% of that is cash. Fucking maybe.

You as a regular fucking guy have no reason to ever have a fucking hundred on you unless you are buying coke or a particularly good prostitute. Get with the fucking times.

Idiots walking around with hundreds in their pocket instead of a fucking card and 5 twenties are complete assholes. Almost on the same level as people with checks.
>>
>>29452703
Envision the money that you'll get at the end of the month.
>>
>>29452569
>basically the lowest member of society

Feels fucking good though. I wear my uniform everywhere since I only leave the house for work but it pays me so I have no shame. All those faggots who would judge you would not do a single thing for you if you weren't wearing a uniform so why care about what they think?

My family judged me so hard for working a retail job instead of just focusing on school but they don't give me money or buy me shit. Now I buy literally whatever I want on a whim because I can.
>>
>>29450340
I worked at Dollar Tree for a few months in Colorado and it was the best job that I've ever had. My manager literally looked like Steve Buscemi and the best part was there was no ghetto blacks because everyone was white.
>>
>>29452368
it really doesn't. i'm actually completely indifferent, just find it interesting is all.
>>
>>29452551
MERICA FUCK YEAH
you guys are subhumans
>>
>>29452503

People are just retards anon. It doesn't matter if they are white trash or squeezed out of a queens cunt.

>be me
>in office sorting through invoices
>they page me
>go up front, some old lady has a very minor scrape on her knee
>is very nice
>said she fell
>offer to call an ambulance, she says shes good
>we fill out an insurance form together
>finish
>offer her a coffee and a muffin
>she says no thank you
>I go to leave
>she stops me
>spends the next FOURTY SIX MINUTES bitching about how she wouldn't of fallen if we have yellow lines pained in front of every curve
>wants to contact my corporate office and the better business bureau to make complaints about no lines
>she finally gets tired and leaves
>get an email confirming her complaint

Can't you just fucking trip, cry it off, call yourself a dumbass and call it a day?
>>
>>29452712
fuck off. I've got many reasons to carry $100. Pissing you off is just one of them
I provide money then the store should accept
Some car dealerships even accepted pure cash+coins payment because that's money and they cannot refuse, lawfully
>implying I give shit if you don't have enough cash
>>
>lotto gambling addict comes shuffling into the store
>clutching fist full of tickets and a list written in secret code
>starts rattling off numbers for me to enter in the lotto
>8175 boxdollar 2NITE then 4157 str8combo 2MORO
>spend 5 minutes carefully printing off tickets
>"NONO i wanded 81754157 BOFF NITES wut u doin"
>7-8 people gathered waiting now as you slowly sort
>finally manage to coerce idiot beast back outside the door
>know they'll be back again tomorrow to fuck your shit up
>>
File: potatoepepe.jpg (33 KB, 470x698) Image search: [Google]
potatoepepe.jpg
33 KB, 470x698
>>29449238

>tfw taking quotes from retail memes on facebook and posting them on 4chan pretending to be original
>>
>>29452511
I've lived in the US. loved it. But you guys are wrong about this.

You probably never realized that a bank won't change your bills if you don't have an account with them because you never tried. I did. On a holiday I had to literally sit down with some lady at a bank of america, get an account and change 5000 dollars in hundreds to smaller bills.

I get it, you don't want to keep more than a hundred dollars in your register. But taking into account that having change for a hundred dollars doesn't suppose any additional expense to the shop, it is ridiculous.
>>
File: piggly-wiggly-logo.png (41 KB, 930x450) Image search: [Google]
piggly-wiggly-logo.png
41 KB, 930x450
>tfw Graduate Assistant now

Thank fucking god. So much better than retail. Though working at Regal cinemas wasn't too bad.
>>
File: 1432724756686.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>work in the sports department of a store
>constantly have to fetch benches, basketball hoops, boxing bags, and other shit 100lbs+ from the back of a stockroom, onto a conveyor belt, onto a handcart and out to a customer's car
>rarely get tipped

Gotta love this society. Bartenders get fucking tipped for POURING DRINKS and I don't get shit for doing a fucking ironman every time someone wants one of these things.
>>
I worked at a family owned pita store in a mostly white town in Ohio. Almost every night, 2 minutes before close, Muslims and Indians would come in and order 10 vegetarian pitas. All while being rude. They would sometimes even eat in, despite the store being closed
>>
>>29450390
This was an enjoyable story. Good post.
>>
Heres a post i made in another thread

>>29450680

Bootstraps are really hard to work with
>>
>>29452827

>many reasons
>I buy drugs
>it makes me feel big
>I'm an asshole

Yep many. Doesn't matter to me though, I usually just make people wait 10 or 15 minutes while I get "someone" to open the safe. Like I give a shit that I lose the 4 dollars you where spending anyway.
>>
File: 1429644812435.jpg (13 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1429644812435.jpg
13 KB, 384x288
>>29449336
>When the price shows up on the scanner, press the green button to confirm the pr-
>swipe swipe swipe
>puts card away
>...
>Press the green button for me, ma'am.
>presses button
>Now go ahead and swipe.
>I ALREADY DID DAT
>>
>>29452737
I'm a former NEET who doesn't pay rent, might just try and get autismbux
>can I use managers and such as references without telling them and if I've worked their less than a week?
>>
My favorite thing about the chip is when we tell them no and they come back the next day and ask the same thing
>>
>>29452624
What anime girl do you have on your keychain anon?
>>
File: thank you but nah.png (114 KB, 351x474) Image search: [Google]
thank you but nah.png
114 KB, 351x474
>>29449665
>big fat sweaty black customer pulls her money out from her tits
>>
>>29452738

does it even bother you that you'll always be living paycheck to paycheck until you are no longer useful and your life is over?

What is something you could buy on a minimum wagecuck paycheck that would make it worthwhile?
>>
>>29452703
Appreciate the perks. You're outside the store, no supervision. No manager sitting nearby watching like the cashiers so you can take your time, take breaks, sit down if you want etc as long as the carts get sorted. Learn to master long cart trains btw, more carts per trip is more efficient. Don't be afraid to manhandle, like dragging the end sideways to maneuver. If your store is super busy you'll be moving around a lot to replace all the carts people are bringing outside. Enjoy your breaks when it's not busy. Don't get caught sitting in your car though. Cart jockey was my first job too so I never had the context to appreciate its good points.

You probably get an hour lunch break too since it's a manual labor job, which is nice.
>>
>>29452861
Your employer should be paying you more for your physical exertion.

It's not the customer's responsibility to pay your wages.
>>
I had a really shitty shift today, folks. Just awful. I'm going to try applying to a dry cleaner's up the road, it has to be better than self-checkout at fucking Kroger.
>>
>>29452844
why are you carrying $5000 cash?

oh
>you're a troll
>>
File: 1462496970717.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462496970717.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
>>29452857
I worked at a Piggly Wiggly and it was the worst job I ever had by far. Like, it mentally scarred me enough that I will never shop there again. And Its 5 minutes from my house and the closest grocery store.
>>
>>29453022
Any job is better than working at Kroger
>>
>>29449336
>>29449353
Damn, same here. Must be like every other customer. Then you get the construction workers and Mexican lawn care guys who always say how little they care about it presumably to not be seen as fussy or something.

>>29450284
This is where I work.. managers are bretty good desu
>>
>>29452503
the rewards card at my store is free too but people still bitch about it because they dont like my face or something
>>
>>29453066

My store used to be fine. Then a new store got built and they sent everyone worth a shit over there. It's all the fuckups and morons down here.
>>
>>29453008
>does it even bother you that you'll always be living paycheck to paycheck until you are no longer useful and your life is over?

No, should it? I don't intend on living very long and my parents are alive which is why my paychecks extend so far. I would definitely not be able to support myself from a minimum wage job.

Also
>new pc
>any games i want
>clothes
>footwear
>food whenever i want
>sex toys
>cute shit

I'm not someone who wants to go travel the fucking world or some gay shit where it would cost me thousands. I don't even need a car since I work literally down the block from my house and I only go outside when I have to work. It's like being a shutin except for say, 20 hours a week? And those 20 hours provide for all the entertainment I need.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>Going on break/leaving
>Huge Rush happens
>The Manager is looking for you

Peace
>>
>>29453059

>work at a Subway for years
>old fuck afraid of banks comes in all the time
>a wad of bills, almost all 100s as thick as my fist every time
>always tried to pay for a 6 dollar fucking sandwich with a 100
>always ended up having to call the franchise owner to open the safe
>this happened three times a week every week
>didn't come in for a week
>was shot and killed, guy caught stole 15 fucking grand
>all I could feel was joy
>eventually found out the guy at the gas station down the street felt the same way
>>
>>29453082
Yea I work at Jimmy Johns too.

So many fucking people ask me if I'm Jimmy John over the phone. Like, really?

"Hello, may I speak to Jimmy John?"
"Is this Jimmy John?"

I don't even know how these people function desu.
>>
>>29453119

>Your relief is late.
>Close your machines and run out the door.

I've been here 8 hours already, I ain't waiting for this bitch.
>>
File: 1441747144573.jpg (120 KB, 311x376) Image search: [Google]
1441747144573.jpg
120 KB, 311x376
>>29453086
>customer has a problem with their rewards points
>they are VERY VERY UPSET about it
>>
>>29453090
I work in the fuel center at my store and my experience working here is what made me want to fix my life
>>
File: 1465285880606.jpg (88 KB, 1000x841) Image search: [Google]
1465285880606.jpg
88 KB, 1000x841
>>29452424
My manager is such a fucking pushover and I fucking hate it when I have to call him over.
He just smiles and gives the customer what they want, every fucking time, even if they're completely wrong. Why the fuck do we have rules if nobody has the fucking sack to enforce them.
>>
>>29453086
Fuck your jewcard
I don't even want to spare 5 seconds to tell you my email to get the free card since the rewards are so low. Now every store has it.
What do these people expect? Average people carrying 50+ different cards just to save 50 cents over 3 months?
I always tell them to fuck off with whatever reward or card they offer
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.