[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty job thread Any stories of jobs you hate or hated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x482
Shitty job thread

Any stories of jobs you hate or hated?
>>
>>29450680
i wish i could share but im trying to get a job but no one will have me

i guess that is a story in and of itself
>>
>>29450680
i work part time for an IT company. I work whenever they summon me wherever they want me within a 60 mile radius. It kinda sucks. I'm happy when I'm not working and will generally do a shitty job when I do work. Fuck cable management.
>>
i worked at a dry cleaners for a bit taking in clothes and stuff like 8 years ago. it was brain dead work, absolutely miserable in the summer due to all those steam press machines, and there was always some fucking problem with missing clothes. basically everyone cleaning the clothes in the back were a bunch of illegal mexicans that could barely speak english, so trying to figure out what they did with certain clothing was a nightmare unless this one girl was there that could translate. i don't know how those guys stood there for 10 hours using those steam machines in the summer, every time i went back there i wanted to pass out because of the humidity
>>
>>29450705
It was like that for a while but I got a job at a drive thru coffee shop, I have experience in a gourmet setting, let's just say that quantity is more important to quality there
>>
>>29450737
Did you ever read the IT guy thread from a while back, holy shit will it put a smile on your face, Adobe reader was the only thing he could do
>>
>>29450705
Any stories on the job search?
>>
File: 1465009487432.png (46 KB, 174x238) Image search: [Google]
1465009487432.png
46 KB, 174x238
>>29450680
A year ago I used to work in a foundry. Never again. That shit made me shape up and take my education seriously.
>>
>>29451113
Any good stories from that?
>>
Worked at a company where my job was basically assembling boxes and stacking pallets.
One bitch was a supervisor and would whine and tell people to hurry while she chatted with a friend.
Quit pretty soon after.
>>29451113
Sounds cool. How do you get a job like that and what does it pay?
>>
>>29450851
No I missed that one but, I'm pretty useless myself. I just don't care about my job due to deep depression. My job consists plugging shit in, replacing shit and occasionally reimaging machines. The driving is the worst part though.
>>
Worked informally for a day at a car showroom with my cousin.

Decided they were just fucking with me when they gave me a tiny broom and told me to sweep the 6-inch-thick cake of dirt off the forecourt for 8 hours when there were hose points every 20 meters. Accidentally got on the wrong bus the next day and decided not to go in again after that.

Right now I'm probably going to volunteer for warehouse work at a charity shop in town just to get a bit of work experience so I can actually get myself a better job.
>>
>>29451113
what exactly did you do there?
was there good safety equipment and what not? or does it destroy your health?
>>
I worked as a dishwasher last summer.

It was actually pretty decent except for the fact that I got a huge rash and also there was this puerto rican that worked their who'd get mad and constantly bitch about how todays youth is lazy and how any parent who hugs their kid and doesn't beat them is a bad parent. I was buddies with him for a while but he started coming into work mad all the time and he'd bitch about the stupidest things i've ever heard. For instance, cleaning the grill racks. It was a bbq resteraunt so they had us clean huge grill racks in the tiny kitchen sink.

We all discussed it and said it would be better to wash them outside with a hose with the other grill material because everything gets put on hold and the dishes pile up when you wash them in the sink. When told about this the guy starts bitching about work ethic and how we're all lazy.

"Muh Bootstraps" ghetto people are horrible to work with

Now I'm a backup cashier, delivery driver and bagger for a grocery store. It's good cept tons of corporate shills in charge who freak out if you don't follow EVERY rule.
>>
bumping this thread right back up to the first page
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.